To people that only play games on console and avoid playing games on PC, why?

To people that only play games on console and avoid playing games on PC, why?

My entire life, I've always played games on console and PC, because there are good games on both. I have no idea why anybody would only play on consoles, even sticking with one brand over time.

Not many of those exist on Holla Forums. You'll have fanboys for their brands, but they will have played games on their PC before. I can't imagine any self-respecting poster having a computer only being able to browse 8/v/ but not game in any way, shape or form with it, or worse choosing not to.

That aside, old hardware has its own charm to it. I can understand purism from that perspective, and sticking to consoles from that point. Sticking with a brand is often ingrained in childhood. You saw the ads, the other kids playing and it was only natural for you if you only owned a console and never played games on your PC.
I wasn't one of those kids as I had computer, console and handheld games as a kid so I consider myself lucky.

most of the time it's

Because Amiga was better.
Intel trash get out, m68k all the way.

/thread

to the people who can afford a PC and a console but refuse to play good game because they fell for the greedy GNUjoo meme, why?

My entire life, I've always played games on console and PC, because there are good games on both. I have no idea why anybody would create a cuckchan tier template thread?

My computer's old as fuck, like 8 to 9 years old. and with that age, it runs a little bit like shit.

xbox has no games the PC doesn't already have. Zero reasons to buy one.

I've always played on both, but consoles have had the clear advantage in games.

I don't play strictly on console, but here are my biggest reasons why I often shy away from PC gaming:
>Every minute update to anything breaking the game
>Spend dozens of hours trying to get a game working "perfectly" **just to find out that you made the performance even worse*
>Windows XP is still the boss when it comes to having the largest compatible library of games to play (7 is just a meme for anyone who plays the shit beyond 2011)
The amount of games I've played where these are not a problem are in the minority. The one biggest advantage consoles had over PC is the "plug-in-play" setup of playing games that will never change despite how much time passes (And, co-op). However, everything over the past years in gaming has sought to destroy that.

Adulthood is >none
What you're thinking of is manchild. At best, adults might play something like candy crush.

lolno. XP is where Microsoft not only broke compatibility with DOS but with Win9x too. Its absolute garbage. No wonder you spend dozens of hours trying to make games work under it.

Fuck off, Quentin.

Keywords: have had. Now that they're all x86 and have as much power as a cheap ass emachine pretty much the only reason consoles exist is either custom hardware like what nintendo's been doing (switch/wii-u/wii), contractual exclusives, or the console-war marketing scam. Pretty much the only one of these that isn't jew shit is nintendo.

DOS I know about, but which 9X games because there were a few games I was reading up on where XP was the last OS any of the games worked properly on.

There were a lot of 9X games XP killed, but they were mostly sick and dying, anyway. Like all the old WinG stuff. Doom's Windows port is probably the best known WinG game.

"I bought a [Brand] console once and only play it" is mainly dudebros and redditors.

Loyalty to any platform is retarded. Consoles are terrible but PC is just as bad. PC games are usually badly made ports of console shit, and you don't even get a physical copy of the game for the same price. PC has advantages with emulations and solid older titles, that's about it.

So, everything after the final release of MS-DOS has been one blunder after another that just snowballed into what we have today. Out of curiosity, when did Macintosh computers start failing to do their job?

Nintendo is just as jewish as anyone else in the game industry, you're delusional if you think otherwise. Just because Switch finally gets a game tomorrow doesn't mean you have to suck Nintendo's dick.

The '80s. All through the '90s they were pre-emptive multitasking even a decade after NT, OS/2, and Linux so any bug in anything could lock up the whole machine. I even had to use them in CS in '96 as terminals to UNIX systems. Imagine how stupid you'd feel being a CS neophyte-greybeard working on a mainframe remotely on some bootloader code when suddenly "quack!" and everything freezes. "quack!", and people start to look your way, girls are staring at you, your amazing code mostly obscured by a finder window that is stuck not rendering, "quack! quack!". They're all laughing at you now, formulating in their mind the tale they will tell of the computer scientist too stupid to use a mac once social media is invented. "It's locked up!" you scream, but the quacking is too loud now, drowning out everything but the roaring laughter in the room. QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! echoes behind you as you jump from the second story balcony, knowing you can never return to that computer lab again.

Is that the point you decided to become a faggot user?

No, I made it through college before turning men into beta faggots was popularized. My college experience involved having sex while playing Quake and going to a demoscene party with two girls I later had a threesome with.
Traps are gay, user. It's Jewish as fuck and you need to realize what they're doing to you.

To be fair, Windows 9x had to die. Or do you think they could maintain the separation between 9x for home and NT for businesses, forever? It was more logical to move everyone to the more modern, reliable system.

For how long do you want to live in the past?

Every time

I wasn't sucking nintendo's dick. I was just saying custom hardware warrants a console more than simply forcing games to be on your system for no reason other than sheckles. Although we all know the reason they're doing custom hardware in the firstplace is for sheckles and not to make decent games.

Because every console game is eventually a PC game.

I've always been an idort using pisstastion and pc. Because the bone never had any game that I wanted to play maybe apart of one or two that didn't justify buying it
I use my console to play games everywhere due to my job so I bring it along…..otherwise I play pc laptop the few times I'm at home because I only use strategy games so performance ain't my interest

Plus I see this thread and most people are idorts that care about playing all kind of games which is weird to see mods have done their job clearing neofag anons that would spam mustardmemes everywhere

Weebshit and a hatred of online gaming, gamers and gamer culture.

Because i don't need to be unsure wether or not i can run the game i just bought.

But sure, everything made before 2012 i pirate.

95% of what I play is on consoles (PS4, Saturn, PS2, etc.) I still play games on PC. I think everyone plays games on PC, which is why I consider it ridiculous to level an accusation at anyone on 8ch at all that they don't play PC. Although I tend to come across a lot more bad games on PC, it's the only place where I can play doujin games as they are released.

Its isn't even loyalty at this point, its just the fact that all the 6 modern games are there along with the decent autistical ones.
Not only that but you can play the shit you missed out easily and everythings free.
Theres so many games I don't even bother with modern consoles, that and their games run like shit because optimization is a lost art apparently

I don't consider playing older consoles being an idort, idorts are faggots that will waste their disposable revenue on more than one modern platform, thats where the term comes from.

Fuck 7th/8th Gen and fuck your 1&d1 cuckchan template thread OP.
t.idort till 2007

I have a preference for offline games stored on physical media, because: 1) I don't have to worry about authentication servers going down in the future, and 2) I like having a collection on my shelf to sort and look at and show off.
That's why I mostly play console games. That said, I do play some PC games, but they're almost all exclusives. Right now, I have the GOG versions of: System Shock 1 & 2, Deus Ex 1 & 2, Thief 1 & 2, VtMB, Arx Fatalis, and Dark Messiah. I might have a few others. I plan on getting Gothic 1 & 2 as well.
People like me are the exception on Holla Forums, though.

whats eating semen actually going to do to you?