Going solo, what am I in for Holla Forums?

Also general RE5 thread

shit

n-no?

a giant missed opportunity for comfy racism

it should have been a lovecraft game about how spooky black people are

An incredibly frustrating AI that has no concept of inventory management. Have fun seeing your partner dump all their bullets while you kill a zombie with one bullet to the head, a kick/punch/whatever and the knife. I stopped after only a few missions of this shit, really didn't seem worth it since I play RE4 as autistically as possible.

Not much

besides god awful ai buddy no inventory and a retarded upgrade system nothing much

Suicide without the satisfaction.

What a worthless thread.

Sheva AI is braindead, the hardest dificulty is impossible.
Its an alright game, the coop is forced as fuck and solo you have to do more menial shit, like turning valves, than someone playing coop was meant to.

Play it faggot

yes
the game when preforming at its best is mediocre, on top of that the piece of shit is tailor made for co-op and falls apart if you're going through alone
the only good memory I have of that piece of shit is when me and my nephew fought that bat bug boss in the ruins by standing on opposite sides of it and continuing to hit it with the shock rod until the fight was over because its AI completely shat itself and just kept turning around to face one of us and roaring before repeating itself

use the nigger as a walking inventory, keep her around to carry bullets, but don't ever give her a gun or a medkit cus she'll waste it all in minutes
the smalles scrach you get, she'll waste all the healing
the smalles bug shows up and she unloads all the ammo
Capcom sure wanted to make the nigress as realistic as possible

also, she often runs straight towards the middle of the zombie gangbang and you have to rush to white knight her black ass
don't give her a gun

Shit well this went about as I expected, might bury it further in the backlog and finally get to SOMA.

Inferior RE4

SOMA is a walking simulator with a cool story, how can RE5 be behind it on a backlog?

you filthy casual

i mostly been playing psp titles recently my console backlog is pleb shit

Soma has a good athmosphere, intresting story, some actual horror even if it kinda seems shoehorned at times it does a good job of keeping you entretained while it last and it does leaave a good impression on you when your done
RE5, on the other hand, is just a pain to play
a good visual novel is better than a bad game

christ man, one after another with you
SOMA is garbage too
the hard sci-fi and existential narrative are plenty nice, but they don't make the game worth owning with a whole 3 Amnesia-like gameplay sequences before it just fucking forgets its a video game and starts walking you through the story

An AI teammate that wastes all of its ammo and items, until you resign yourself to manage her inventory for her, when she's not rushing in and dying, that is. Boring locales that look like cutting room floor rejects from uncharted. Endless waves of blacks to kill, though. Some of them turn into giant things that look like they came out of a clogged drain when you kill them enough.

It can't be any worse than everybody's gone to the rapture holy fuck did I ever want to kill myself after playing that just don't have many comfy October games to play right now lmao

Give her sniper rifles and handguns to avoid this.

end yourself

You're in for about 20FPS.

go play LIMBO or one of its copycats
or RE7
it gets a lot of shit but its a more put together single player experience than anything after 4 besides the first Revelations

Just play RE5

Garbage, niggers, and fat ass negresses.Also some zombies I think.

This. If you want to have some semblance of fun, you need to kidnap someone force them to play co-op with you and even then not really.

Soulless gears of war clone with zombies that completely misses what made re4 great.

Expect several hours until you get to the fun mode, The Mercenaries.

Is The Mercs unlocked by default in the PS4 version? Heard that was a fancy version that combined both Mercenaries modes into one.

The game has literal spear chuckers though

Some of the boss fights can be alright, but the general trudge from point A to point B on a per-level basis is kinda disappointing. It's basically a shittier version of RE4. If you absolutely want to play it, just play mercenaries.

Basically RE4 but not as good, it can still be fun though.

Literally the only redeeming factor is you shoot rabid niggers.

Got around to watching RE Vendetta and holy fuck is that movie dumb and stupid. It could have been cool shlock had there been interesting monster designs but instead it's just really stupid. Damnation was way better

To expand on what I just said
They tried to repeat and add too what made RE4 good to mixed results, There are allot of weapons and you can swap them all out in between missions instead of needing to sell them to save space. But the item management suffers because of it. instead of organising you items in a case, both you and Sheva carry 9 items of any size each. so ammo and health items start taking up all your item slots fast.

The gameplay can be fun but nothing about the levels really stand out, like the levels in RE4,

Enormous boners

Zombies with guns, Wesker having some of the worst dialogue ever, very clear attempts to try to replace literally everything in the past games so the future ones will literally have no connection to the prior ones, and shit

There's a pretty good chance it's 10x worse than soma, which isn't even a fucking game.

you mean shit bread

A bad time. I actually enjoyed RE5 a lot, but I co-op'd the entire thing with a friend over a lazy weekend. Trying to play it solo is a nightmare because the Sheva AI is literally retarded.

Of the 7 mainline games Resident Evil 5 is easily the weakest but its still great fun.

Just give Sheva a sniper rifle. Headshots all over and she stays far back so she doesn't get her dumbass killed.

The parnter AI really only becomes an issue on Professional difficulty, its not a problem in the first 3 difficulty levels.

No thanks, bro.

This.

You know how annoying it is when you get lumped with a total sped in online team games? Well imagine that but for 15 hours.

The game wasn't so much scary or action packed as it was me screaming at that stupid bitch to fucking do something

You will probably have the most trouble at the end of the first level. If you can make it through that, you can clear the rest of the game is doable if you use her as an ammo mule. Give her a handgun if you have to. After you finish the story, you can unlock infinite ammo to make higher difficulty settings a lot less of a hassle. Obviously, you should play on the lowest difficulty setting for the first solo playthrough.

Or pirate the PC version and use a trainer

Abysmal controls, cretinous AI, clunky interface, horrid dialogue, banal and unengaging story.
I prefer to think this game was never released.

Go on.

Put the AI in defensive mode and give it a handgun, with how equipment priority works and how defensive mode AI behaves it will exhaust handgun ammo very slowly while not using anything else you might give it.
That alleviates most of the AI issues I've ever had with the game.

This too. I don't know how Capcom did it, but they manage to make controls that feel bad for both controller and keyboard plus mouse simultaneously.

RE5 was the first game I legitimately got hyped for, bought day 1, and immediately regretted it. 4 was so much fucking fun so I thought that it was a lock that they would stick with all the shit that worked in it and expand on it and make it even better.

WHOOPS.

Capcom hasn't seen a cent from me since. If they ever give us a taste of REmake2 never ever and it doesn't appear to be totally shit, I'll give them some hope, but until then get fucked.

Is there any thicc sheva art? Could have sworn I'd seen some.

RE5 is unironically, sincerely my favorite RE game. Come at me.

What is the deal with Code Veronica? I just got all the hexagonal military proofs for the navy base and I am still experiencing tonal whiplash from playing this directly after 1, 2 and 3.
Like, I love the silliness of the first three games but it was better because they played it completely straight. It seems like in CV they just decided to go right into parody with stretch armstrong enemies and cackling villains that live in a spooky victorian mansion on a mountaintop. Don't even get me started on the snot nosed teenager that goes from The Matrix to Lifetime Original Movie at breakneck speed. One minute he is busting through a window in slow motion with dual handguns murdering zombies and in the very next scene he's having a cry baby breakdown about his daddy issues.
Also the amount of backtracking in this game is killing me. The map is just a bit too big to start with and you constantly have to run back and forth through like five locations all spaced heavily apart with respawning enemies to grab some useless bauble that will be needed all the way back where you started.

That was a lot of bitching, but it's still a decent game. I guess I just don't feel like it belongs in the mythos of 1-3. It's so bizarre to think of these gothic weirdo noblemen as the founders of Umbrella Inc.

Did you play it with someone else, because that can make all the difference. My favorite co-op shooter experience is the first Army of Two because of how much fun I had with my friend even though the sequel is a much better game.

shitty thread, shitty game

Jillfu.

yeah, I did. I in fact have never played it solo, heh. A lot of the complaints I see in this thread just don't make sense though. Bad controls? It controls better than RE4. clunky interface? I found it to be quite elegant.horrid dialogue? well, some, but isn't that the point of an RE game? banal and unengaging story? who the fuck plays games for the story?

Whatever you do OP, NEVER give your partner the Stun Baton. They will immediately go up to Chainsaw dudes and try to melee them to death

RE5 was ok

just play RE3 and call it a day

^this

I NEED AN EGG

Don't remind me, user.
I wonder how they are going to shit on that masterpiece and i am afraid to find out.

Code Veronica's fucking goofy, but it is trying to be serious. The voice acting doesn't help (even by Resident Evil standards, it's hilariously awful). At least the atmosphere's still there when the cutscenes aren't playing.

The backtracking I don't mind so much, but the respawning enemies are pretty shitty. It feels like it was developed specifically for people who had already beaten the first three games, and it's probably the hardest game in the entire series.

announced years ago, not a single screenshot or cgi trailer. I'm guessing they'll go the fallout 4 route and release a trailer a few months before release.

considering devil may cry was going to be the next resident evil at one point its not surprising that game has some silly shit in it.

Nu/v/ in a nutshell

Also, RE5, the japs cucking out to race baiting journos screaming racism because you kill niggers in Africa and handling development to the US branch was the moment it all went downhill for capcom and the company started it's slow death that goes on to this day.
Despite it all, Valve at least had the balls to tell them to fuck off when they tried the same thing with L4D2.

I mean, it's no RE4, but you get to blast niggers all game. so that's not too bad right?

The US branch actually added a lot of asian and white looking enemies to the game after the racism complaint.
It's kinda hilarious actually, seeing as later enemies are literal spear chuckers.

they were "white" because they were like dust covered aboriginal?

No, straight up Caucasian facial features with shit color on them in the middle of africa.

Oh for fucks sake people why aren't you helping him out? Or do you want him to play in a green soup?

its fucking shit solo , only fun with friends because you can fuck around but i dont have any so its shit

Reminder: Wesker did nothing wrong.

shoo redditv

Ew. Fuck off.

code veronica can either be frustratingly difficult or hilariously easy, depending on how often you use the knife

And if you find/how you use the explosive arrow things
Seriously that one fight on the plane becomes an absolute joke if you save all the explosives arrow for it

Anyone want to voice chat and bro-op RE6? I've never played it.

Sure, I'm up for playing the Steam version. I haven't played it before outside of the PS3 demo, so it will be a blind run.

Do not do fucking Sherry and Jake's part first. That is where all the rules of game design go out the window and whoever is playing as Sherry has to suffer being underpowered as all hell. Do Leon's part first if you want RE2/3/4, Chris's part if your want a faster paced RE5, then good luck suffering through Jake's.

also, every campaign is shit for the first 30 minutes or so. Leon's campaign starts with a weird tripping mechanic they thankfully drop real quick.

man, I wouldn't even care about how over the top it got. What got me where all the nonsensical insta-deaths in Jakes campaign.

How about when Leon is going down a slip and slide backward while shooting at a shark.

This shit quality vid was the first thing I found.

tfw have to wait until wed to even download them or risk going over data cap

Or, how about that time L4D special infected showed up because LOL and capcom will never make Dino Crisis 3?

It's bottom feeders like you who pull us all back. Just up the colors setting on the tv remote if you think it makes graphics better.

Be warned that RE4 for pc is one of the worst ports ever made, the most hilarious thing being that the qte buttons displayed that you need to mash are wrong and are mapped to completely different ones, so instead of thinking you're a retard or getting carpal tunnel, read an faq online about the real buttons.

Disappointment. The level design is worse because it doesn't have the same consideration for the controls as Resident Evil 4 did. Plus, there were supposed to hallucinations caused by the hot climate of the setting so it would have been important to stick to the shade but this aspect was scrapped in favor of shoehorning an AI/co-op partner into it (every new character who appears in this and every subsequent game is really lame and boring, by the way).

There's a bigger variety of weapons but it essentially boils down to which skin you prefer as the Skorpion, AK-74, etc. are functionally indistinguishable from each other. It's funny how there's such a huge variety of machine guns in this game as there was only one in RE4 and it wasn't even necessary to buy it.

Plus, the ending is an ignominious end for such a beloved villain as Wesker because you rescue Jill but she doesn't help Chris deliver the final blow to him and instead that tag-along kaffir thot, Sheva, is the one that gets the privilege.

It's good for a bargain bin purchase, though, just not a lot of replay value to it.

He's probably talking about the Steam release, the second version

Fuck yes.
I'll set up a temporary email. Give me a moment.

Alright, I'm still installing RE6. Currently at 79%. About 14 minutes to go.

[email protected]
Try this one. These services are far from reliable. If it doesn't work, i'll make a hotmail or whatever.
If you don't want to send to an email, set one up and i'll send my ID to you.

Actually,

Is correct. I actually pirated it a while back and died on the water room and just said fuck it a while back. Figured i'd get it just to have it/get RE6 for the retardation

My download will take a while. I only have a 12mbit connection. We probably won't be able to play today.

meant for

E-mail sent.
I'll be busy tomorrow and Tuesday, but after that I'll be able to play.

Sent.

What did you guys think of Revelations
I thought it was the best shooting focused RE since 4. Things don't get as crazy as 5 or 6 so the focus is feels like it's more on the atmosphere and gameplay rather then action movie set pieces.
I like the verity of enemies types and how they all have different weak spots, and the raid mode adds a ton of longevity to the game even if it's all recycled areas from the story.

also Rachael might be my favorite RE girl It's a little disappointing she's only part of the story as an infected, but at least you can play as her in raid mode.

the whole NEXT TIME ON RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS thing kinda got me sucked into it and I ended up beating it in one go
overall an enjoyable experience, but I actually like REv2 a bit more
where's the fucking co-op for REv1 capcom

well you can Co-op all of Raid mode so there's that at least.

Revelations 1 felt more like a sequel to RE3 than RE4. RE4 felt more like Leon's wacky adventures in spain feat. some president's hot daughter. Revelations 1 is Solid simple 3rd person survival horror shooter. Thats why I come back to it every now and then.

As a very enthusiastic RE fan, RE4 is over rated babbys first RE experience. Just like how over rated FF7 is. FF9 is in my book far more interesting than the wacky adventures of emo kid and his rag tag team of disfunctional asshats.

Are you sure you don't mean "featuring some president's daughter and her bizarrely proportioned ears"?

Never heard from this guy. After you brought him up. I made a google search. Apparently he has game grumps style RE4 playthrough. Sounds interesting. Thanks for bringin him up.

currently playing through re4 on professional
its been pretty good

i really just want REmake 2 fucking capcom will probably make some other shit heap like Umbrella Corps before they get around to it

They're nicely proportioned with her ballistics.

OP here, finished chapter 2-3 obviously not far into it and so far it seems fun but mindless, niggers are kinda spooky, I gave Sheva the sniper rifle and she's been fine manageable that way so far. Turned on the co-op random thingy for a bit and actually had good luck with random people. Is there a point where the game falls off a cliff? It's alright so far, maybe that's just because I had such low expectations.

Later in the game the zombies get assault rifles and it turns into a generic 3rd person cover shooter. That part was pretty lame.

Why the fuck do they keep bringing back Chris instead of Jill?

Chris is boring and always will be

Play Revelations, you play as Jill for the majority of the game. We were just talking about how it was good 8 posts ago.

8 posts before your post that is.

You do realize the Spanish are mostly white?

What said.
The double whammy of enemies with guns and the instakill enemy of RE5 is just atrocious.

They did mistakenly hire Mexican voice actors to voice Castilian, so I guess it evens out?

Resident Evil 7 is the best.

Seconded

Screw you buddy, i like chris and how much of a brute force dumbass hes been since RE1 (remenber plant 42?).

Werent they supposed to be galicians?
Because RE4 looks alot like galicia.

Shiieeet, it could take place anywhere in the northern regions.

Funny thats similar to what happened with Dead space 3, cool halucination mechanic and psychological horror discarded for streamlined story and co-op

Also is it possible to mod your partner out of the game and still be beatable ?

looks like this fag doesn't appreciate any BOULDER PUNCHING!

>>>/reddit/

No shit, why do you think i wrote that!?

I would love to see an old school Resident Evil with Jill and Leon as playable characters.

You'll be fine if you don't play on Veteran. Your partner will get himself killed on Veteran.

GIMME A NURB

GUY NEED AMMO

I've actually been playing it lately on PC.
There's a game breaking bug in chapter 6-1

Have some panties.

This. I've always found Chris to be boring. I'd actually like for it to turn out in the next Resident Evil that he got offered huge amounts of money to work for Umbrella so he took the offer and became totally evil and the helicopter he's escorting Ethan Winters on is going to a remote island facility where it turns out that Wesker is still alive and the Wesker who was killed in RE5 was really just a clone of him.

More like umbrella trying to tie up loose ends so it made a team to do it. When looking around for members someone at the meeting went

This

RE doesn't need metal gear solid shit in it.

Sure it does; I mean, Krauser from RE4 is as Metal Gear as they come. Also: I think it would be a really cool twist if Ethan's wife, Mary, was really a clone of his real wife (who is actually an umbrella executive) used to dupe Ethan into going to the Baker estate as a test subject for Umbrella's mold.

or let me make this correction
RE the game series does not need RE the movie series in it.

Why not? They're good movies; I thoroughly enjoyed them. What they were missing, however, was Jill having the ability to breathe fire to light her cigarettes.

A mediocre Resident Evil game, that so happens to be a good nigger killer simulator. From what I hear.

Did you know that Reuben Langdon has been doing the motion capture for Chris since Code: Veronica X, I didn't know until I saw this Interview The audio isn't the best but it was really interesting,

He talks about how when he did the DMC Anime the recording studio was actually shutting down and the would do one take for everything, so he would intentionally do unusable takes to force them to let him do a retake, and he also talks about how Capcom came to him to for him and his team to do all Motion Capture for RE5 and he accepted but he was completely unprepared and he was doing Stunts for Avatar at the same time. so he was basically working on both RE5 and Avatar without much sleep for weeks.

I have the HD release.
They QTes arent that bad in it, its just that the buttons are a bit unintuitive.

For one QT sequnce you click both the right and left mouse key but for the other sequence you need to hit X + C keys on your keyboard.
The X + C keys are a real pain in the ass.

Also the QTes feel like they are incredibly strict. Almost like the innput for them is coming in too fast from the PC and its making you fail when you shouldn't.

The only place that I died on my professional playthrough was the section where you run away from the Salazar robot, that shit killed me 10+ times, the jump just kept being a piece of shit, I was getting furious.

Everything you think is invalid then.

Play at 30fps, you have less frames to input the QTEs if you're playing at 60.

oh boy, the coop mode was the only redeeming factor of re5
however, after you complete the bullshit main game, you can unlock 2 additional chapters in re5 gold edition. Especially the first one feels very much like the older re games. It is set in a mansion like part 1

It's not that bad even on Veteran.
But you are a bit slowed down.

My protip to you is to take it a bit slow, try to keep next to your partner and only give your partner one gun. Generally the handgun is the best bet because they will use it more often and there is plenty of ammo. I've noticed that when you give the partner multiple guns they will spend their time trying to switch weapons.
On top of that, if the partner has like a shotgun…they'll literally stand there and NOT SHOOT. I can only guess this was some sort of intentional programming to keep the player from just loading the partner up with some powerful weapon and making the game too easy.

So what I tend to do is just give a handgun and healing items to the partner. Upgrade that handgun tho and the shots they do take (when they're not just trying to shoot through you) will have a good impact.
Meanwhile you just keep the shotty, rifle, and SMG for yourself.

That shit is on par with trash like sharknado, birdemic or that Tommy Wiseau movie.

Exactly, they're all criminally underrated movies, they're just not as good as they could be.