Sonic Forces demo

got'a go f THANKS FRO PLAYING!!!
archive.is/Ad0j5
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/dnwNi
archive.is/YSYX7
web.archive.org/web/20130531050551/http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-nights-watchman/
board.sonicstadium.org/topic/22999-sonic-forces-development-speculation-spoilers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They do this shit so you goyim can stop asking for demos

Has anybody beaten a level yet?
Knowing Sanic fans, somebody has probably mustered up the autism to do it.

Yes.

Impressive!

Looks like another shitty Sonic game where you're either going Z0MG mph or walking.

Also holy shit the graphics are somehow worse than Generations.

Looks like another Sonic game where there's a casual barrier. Easy to complete and finish the game, but casuals who literally can't do under 1 min in the demo are getting filtered out and complaining it's impossible. So basically a good time trial sort of game, in the same vein as generations.

still don't know how to properly fix webm Compression Artifacts/pixelation/tearing from fast moving video without upping the bit rate and cutting the size.

Fug. Sonic Mania was really Segas lucky break and even that denuvo.

Did you try two pass? It takes longer is all.

Yeah just do it with "pass=1" and then with "pass=2", first pass takes a few seconds, then second pass takes as normal but produces better quality compression.

Are they gonna pretend Generations didn't happened?

I generally hate lorefags in most video games but why would they do that? the game is basically Generations 2.

This is just colors 2.0 but somehow worse.

Fucking unreal. After three great games in the boost style you'd think they'd know what works and would be able to avoid making levels designed this fucking badly. Hopefully the later levels will be better designed. :'(

Also, whoever designed this boss needs to be fist bumped to death.

I had hope in this game after Generations, but now I know it's just going to be a huge disappointment. What is it with every "X5"th Sonic anniversary?

sonic rush simulator 2017 with elevator music

looks like a bug because the Boost Gauges is spazzing out too. god the UI looks like shit.

shit this look over an hour & forty five minutes to render but at least it looks decent.

I liked the boost formula. Never played Colors or Unleashed but Generations is a great game (and the Unleashed and Colors mods are fun too), but this denuvo infested pile of shit is indefensible. I doubt I will even bother pirating it.

that green text was a mistake btw*

Never played a 3D Sonic but watching SA1 gives me more pleasure and comfyness than these bland new ones.

Agreed. Like they need to ditch the boost formula all together and get Yuji Naka back.

Sega already layed the groundwork for how 3D Sonic should feel with Super Monkey Ball. I don't know why they never put 2 and 2 together. Add a jump button and robots to kill and you're two thirds of the way there.

I was able to beat the first level by just holding straight and boosting. It’s like they renovated FFXIII’s hallways and painted them green. You never have to go left or right, once. Not a single horizontal branch. Generations did this perfectly, what happened here?!

Also classic sonic feels like dogshit big surprise. He doesn’t bounce off things when he jumps on them. He loses all momentum and falls like a rock.

Wasn't the whole point of demos going away so that publishers could hide how shit a game is until the stupid goyim buy it?

I never explored the later games in this series. This one even has a jump and boss fights. Fucking Sega, look. Look what you did. You were almost there.

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand this isn't even meant for a US release, so reviewers and the like who are assmad at the length of a demo that isn't even for them should probably neck themselves. On the other hand I feel like this is almost intolerable to watch after having played Sonic Mania and the short length is doing everyone a favor.

Who really fucking needs another Sonic-on-rails homingattacklulz game?

Did you use the drop dash?

its for a different audience than sonic mania.

that demo is garbage

that is NOT how a 3d sonic game should play
a 3d sonic game should play more like this, except with more and better placed enemies and spikes and a chao garden

How does that make it excusable?

That's just a go fast game where you stick to every surface. No sense of being a ball affected by real physics. Still a hell of a lot better than what Sonic is doing now, but still not quite right.

Green Hill again? Wow.

well i guess they should tone down the wallrunning physics so you cant run on a surface thats greater than 90 degrees away from the ground for more than a very short period of time
cant run on the ceiling though, and if you slow down enough on a wall you fall off, also peelout on walls is buggyits a demo

Different culture = different audience = different mentality behind releasing a demo. To act like this is a fuckup of SEGA's to not give the demo you wanted to another region is just blatant entitlement.

In other words if you circumvent the system and import a demo that describes itself as limited, you probably shouldn't be an assblasted faggot when it is exactly what it says. They obviously didn't release it to western audiences, and the reaction it is getting from autists and professional retards who just can't wait a couple weeks just to play another shitty Sonic game just might be one of the reasons why.

great start, too bad there is no real gameplay. The tech demo of Sonic Island is a bit better physics but it suffers from the same problem of not having any real game attached to it.

I never liked the "boost 2 win" meme but holy fuck it's actually warranted here.

Yeah, this is a lot more what I want. The fact that he fails to make it all the way up the halfpipe when he hasn't built enough speed shows they have the right idea.

Speaking of, there's even more red flags.
> Reusing old bosses & Classic Sonic for nostalgia bux- even though the plot probably doesn't need it Infinite might have time powers or some shit

Hell there's even a theory that Infinite uses the Phantom Ruby from Sonic Mania so they tried to tie it into Sonic Mania for more appeal.

I never really felt in control in Super Monkey Ball. I get the theory don't get me wrong (and how it handles momentum would work great), but I feel like it needs more control and platforming to feel like Sonic (or at least the 2D). Once momentum is sorted, throw in a button to "brake" so if you need to be precise with jumps you can (and have more control over momentum).

Looks identical to Generations. I get that it was a successful formula that was well received, but it wasn't so great that we needed 3 games (Colors, Gens, now Forces) that play exactly the same. Even Colors at least had the powerups. When are we going to get Sonic Adventure 3? Surely they'll eventually have the balls to just make a game that plays like the speed levels in SA/2

I don't trust current year SEGA to make Adventure 3 to be honest. That and we already have idiots trying to claim they play the exact same as this game anyway.

Well I'm not saying literally make Super Monkey ball with Sonic. In my mind, you'd have separate standing and ball forms. Standing for tighter control, ball for when you want to let the physics carry you.

On the plus side, Mania at least shows it can be broken.
Just not by anyone at Sega or Sonic Team.

current year SEGA is fine, It's Sonic Team that sucks.

But it's okay when Nintendo does it, right?

What?

Although Rush's trilogy and the boost games look similar, both actually are really different when you play and experience them. Calling the boost games "sonic rush simulator" isn't right just because they both have a boost button.

if it was actually identical to Generations I would be ok with that. This looks way worst then Generations and I'm not talking about graphics. The map design & gameplay looks stifled.

I'd rather see it than more of this samey shit or more horrific, gimmicky attempts at "innovation." When it worked, it was way more fun to play than the new boost-into-a-wall simulators.
It's not like they even need to be afraid of it. Sonic/Shadow levels in the Adventure games were well-received, held back only by an occasionally-awkward camera - that's fixable with new technology (I think), and it wasn't even that bad. Plus, the demographic that played the Adventure games as kids is growing up, and in a little bit of time, they could pull the same nostalgia trick they pulled with Sonic Mania.

64/Sunshine/Galaxy formula is good enough that I'll take more of the same, and even then, they add and change more than this demo seems to, relative to Generations. Sidescroller and 3D Land formulas are not good enough to endlessly regurgitate and I'm absolutely sick of them.

user sonic adventure 1&2 controlled like garbage, was bogged down with really bad gimmicks like Tales Mech and hunting for Emeralds. I'd much rather see something like Utopia or Islands get fleshed out into a real game. Hell I'd rather see Lost World 2 (minus the run button and improved level design) then SA 3.

What are you talking about, man? People hate it when Nintendo do this. Remember Twilight Princess? Remember NSMB? Remember how everyone hated Miyamoto's decision to strip all of the originality out of Paper Mario?

That's why I said the Sonic/Shadow levels. Just that style should be fleshed out and made into its own game. Barring occasional camera issues and the light dash being finicky, they were a lot of fun. The controls were fine; Sonic and Shadow moved well and didn't get stuck on walls or anything like that. Somersaults were a questionable mechanic, but overall, the game rewarded you for playing well. The controls only got really wonky when the camera messed up, and it really didn't mess up all that often on the Sonic levels unless you fucked up badly.

(you) are clearly delusional. Sonic Adventure was garbage.

That was Tanabe, not Miyamoto.

Still though.

It's garbage the second you try to not hold the direction Sonic goes in scripted sequences like loops and shit.
He keeps his momentum but can turn on a dime, making it really hard to control. Hence why later games take away control so much. Unless Sonic can kill his momentum on a button press, you're going too fast to have any control (whether you have less turning control when going fast, or just the same).
I'm sure there are decent "fast" platformers in 3D, but all I can think of is first person stuff like Clustertruck and Mirror's Edge

Sonic Utopia is basically like you're playing the opening cinematic of Sonic CD. I fucking love it.

Bullshiet. Sonic feels perfect when moving around anywhere. Much more so than the newer 3D games. He never feels like I'm not in control especially when the controls transition from walk to run. Though I agree that it would help a lot if 3D Sonic had a brake button, just as a safety net to people not used to the high speed control.

Also if I recall, this game might have more than 3 acts in a world, maybe 6 like Colors, hence why the stages are short. If that's true then I'm fine with that. I prefer more stages. It's one of the few things I didn't like about Generations when it's just two acts per world.

Toei Sanic is best Sanic.

I'm still interested in making on own original character do not steal, and seeing just how edgy the story might get.
But this gameplay looks like they tried to copy what worked about Generations but did it worse. Why did they need to make a brand new engine for this?

It's nice that Sonic Team is pandering to the Marks that complained about Classic Sonic's huge level design and platforming element that stops them from going fast. They don't know how to fucking roll.

Thank you for reminding me that Aoi Yuuki is a miracle. I can't seem to find the webm of her and Sugita playing SA2:Battle.

I don't think you know the meaning of that word user. :^)

not if you count the nine challenge missions per world in Generations.

3D Sonic games are at their best when they taking themselves too seriously. Things are far more entertaining when Alien Satan is telling Shadow to assassinate the president.

Yeah, but they weren't required. Though maybe they can do the same thing they did with Lost World, but without making the unlocked extra stages bland shoot em ups.

oh so you are legitimately retarded? I assumed (you) where just pretending.

I don't remember having any issues with having plenty of Flickies.

Maybe if you're shit at the game. Yeah, if you fuck up during the loops, he goes in the wrong direction. You know how to fix this? Just fucking hold forward on the loops. It's admittedly temperamental at the start, but it really isn't hard to learn. And even that issue is as simple as locking controls during scripted sections (although that would be a shame, since it would remove a lot of cool loop skips and things like that). When you're just running around and not autistically holding left on a loop, the movement is quick and responsive, and you're actually running through a level instead of blazing mindlessly through a series of alternating boosts and homing attacks.

I can't really argue with you since I don't have much of a defense. I grew up with 3D Sonic's more edgy story so it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

If that's what he meant by scripted sections, then I agree yes Adventure sucked hard on the loops.

The Japanese the demo is meant for are getting screwed as much as any westerner who downloaded it. You can't just excuse sloppy business decisions with "it's not meant for you!" Some things just universally hold across human societies.

I thought the one minute time limit was a casual filter?

archive.is/dnwNi

It's probably more to hide how small and simple the levels are. SEGA obviously gave Sonic Team a tiny budget, seeing how much asset reuse is in the game. That, or they spent all the budget on the custom character stuff and not the levels.

N== ==E== ==V== ==E== ==R

E

V

E

R

The trademark of the "Adventure" games was the multiple playstyles and stories, which I can do without. The thing I remember fondly about Adventure games is the way Sonic levels played, so I can hold out hope.

still, fuck

you poor child.

L== ==O== ==L

Except for the loops where doing that causes you to fall through the world

Well something that's pure gameplay like DooM can be a bit exhausting for me :^)

archive.is/YSYX7

On the bright side, we are living in the timeline where Liru came out and Sega/Sonic Team have clearly changed their minds in the past.

On the other hand, would you be fine with the thought of them outsourcing it to another dev studio like Dimps or Big Red Button and if they actually manage by some miracle to delegate it to fans instead who make it not shit with a chao garden on top to screw everyone over with some baffling decision like fucking it with Denuvo?

God Jap women are annoying

Fixed that for you

Yeah, I think it's best if Sega did like Disney did for their Renaissance era movies. Replace the old guys with the new guys who were fans of their older material to create something fresh. Maybe rename the new team of Sonic games something like Sonic Team 2 or whatever.

Also, I love Iizuka's previous clarification of why there's no Adventure 3 by straight up saying what many shitty game companies do nowadays:

web.archive.org/web/20130531050551/http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-nights-watchman/

"We want the casual audience"

White women are the only attractive women.

Whatever pal Cute girls are cute, I don't limit what I do and do not find cute by skin color.

Mutiple game styles could be done well if given to different teams

w== ==e== ==w

l

a

d

Jap chicks look like fish

Meh you can have whatever tastes you like.
I have no problem with fish if their cute.

Where's thr cocane?

Wasn't most of Sonic Team fired after the 06, which left Unleashed to be developed by an almost entirely different crew?

There are still some of the old members of Sonic Team working on the games like Takashi, much like how some of the Nine Old Men in Disney animation, specifically Milt Kahl, were still working with Disney even when Disney died.

I'm guessing there is no PC demo?

Dimps is good. I'm aware that they responsible for Sonic 4, but you shouldn't only nitpick this and ignore the other Sonic games they have made, like the Advance and Rush games. They ARE able to recreate the Genesis physics on modern 2D Sonic games, and also able too to make a great Boost game too.

I don't know about who should take the task of creating 3D Sonic games, though. I have always thought Unleashed from Wii was pretty addictive and fun, so I guess if Dimps could study the same specific game and try to expand it to new ways.

LOL

Yeah, same old story. Asian women are obviously superior to european ones, its seen on the naked eye. You just lying to yourself.

Asian women have a cleaner gene pool and higher standards than white women. If he can't get with a white woman, there is no fucking way in HELL he can get with an Asian one– unless she's some Filipina.
Seriously, this logic is like saying "Can't date a supermodel? Well, date an professional athlete!"
I do agree about the racemixing thing. I'm a Portuguese man seeing a cute white girl myself
If you can stay in your lane, then you should.
Though, the people here man, let's just say beggars can't be choosers

Asians are for funs only. No babies. That's how Eliot Rogers are born.

Stop projecting your yellow fever onto myself bucko, is it that unreasonable to you that certain people just do NOT find asian women attractive?

This post is about as millennial as it gets.

Basically this epitomizes Generations in a year where SEGA themselves managed to blow the Generations formula out of the water. I have a feeling this game is going to tank.

Eliot Rodgers is a product of California mentality paired with poor social skills.

"What the fuck is a Sonic" was supposed to be a joke, not a reality.

Adventure 3 will never be made. Even if it was, it would pale in comparison and only diminish the title of being an Adventure game. '06 tried the Adventure formula, and look at how well that was applied.

That's why every other hapa is a fucking deranged failure like Northernlion right?

In America that is not true for sure. Weak beta males can either get a lard ass white woman or an asian chick. Usually chinese, korean or flip.

That's kind of cool.

If that's true then that sounds like a dick move, it's not like it's Sonic teams fault that Sega made them rush the game out before it was finished.

06 was actually on the right path, certain story elements aside. It just needed way more time in development.
It had the right basic ideas. Bring back and expand on what people liked (Sonic stages, playing as lots of characters, hub worlds), and kicked what people didn't like (tedious gameplay for characters who weren't Sonic). The only problem is the lack of a chao garden.

I thought it was the original team members were divided and left with Yuji Naka in the middle of productions, which would explain what happened to the product.

Sega bullied the fuck out of their old employees in the 00's post-Sammy merge.

06 really was starting to get things right, instead of forcing you to do a treasure hunting stage or a mech stage, when you switched to a new character they just played an action stage like Sonic did, but with there own unique move set. it's just that everything was extremely unpolished was the problem.
It's a shame that they through every single gameplay idea into the garbage, except the mach speed sections, they took the worst part of the game and turn that into the future of the franchise.

Boost gameplay is just less shit Mach speed sections.

That sounds sad

hey it's that nigger

Why is Tails a girl now?

Guess you have me there since I have no idea who the fuck that is.

Tails was always secretly a girl.

I'm not much a fan of the 2D ones by preference. But this is essentially what I've been wanting out of the series. Going fast and using momentum in your favor with good timing and being able to plan ahead for how you'll tackle an obstacle.

He has threads on /cow/ and Holla Forums. Another crazy hapa that also happens to have threads on /cow/ is the self-admitted pedophile /eerie/fag, there's also Codemonkey. It's almost as if there was a pattern…

Almost like you desperately want there to be a pattern.

Just check reddit's r/hapas and see for yourself

He has a point sorta. The dialog in many of the 3D games are so blatant and terrible they do go back into being entertaining. Do you seriously not remember Shadows most famous line?

Wouldn't have been fine then to just not have any detail added on her chest? Instead of only covering one part of her?

Kind of makes her seem more naked, Like Zoras have a concept of modesty, but just choose to expose their genitals.

t. rice cooker

Even if 06 was polished enough to be a substantial game, I doubt it'd be comparable to SA/SA2. Recreating the physics perfectly would be near impossible, and the physics was what needed the most polishing. It'd probably be criticized like Classic Sonic in Generations or Forces is criticized now, to compare. Sega's decision to split the development team was a major mistake, but like Nintendo, they won't give up on their gimmicks.

Frankly 06 was just bogged down too much from the start.

True the best Sonic games are the ones with the best physics.
Though I still liked the Heroes to 06 way of how they tried new things each game even if they didn't work out. where right now i'm getting sick of boost Sonic since the Spin dash is just better IMO.
Sonic's whole thing is that he's a hedgehog and hedgehogs Roll into balls and the boost got rid of that, like what the fuck!

So, who datamined the demo?

You'd be correct. In this day and age ,a demo is often suicide because of how shit games are.

But this? I'm amused.

Does this game have killing trannies?

yeah I was wondering if he glitched the timer.

there is no justification for story in fun video games and there is even less justification for story in bad games like Shadow the hedgehog.

Northernlion is a jewtuber

NL is not Asian iirc he was dating one year ago

Sonic Adventure isn't much better than 06 bud, it's just less buggy

Asian women are just fishes with a load of make-up or plastic surgery or both.

wow for once I actually agree with a simpsonposter!

Why do people keep posting this. It's fucking shit. Sonic is fucking tiny compared to the level and it'll never go beyond this just like every other sonic fangame

God damn Sega doing the same shit over and over again! There is no pleasing sonic autism. Sega is meteorically suffering from battered wife syndrome. They do something experimental and fans cry "stick to what works", if they stick to what works fans cry "do something experimental!". The only think I find supper funny is how many autist actually had somehow built up the expectation that Sonic Forces was going to be another Adventure game. I wish they just made Lost Words 2 or Generations 2. Forces is actually way to lazy and autistic for anyone with taste to care about and its not the boost system that is the problem, its the bad level design and stupid weapon/whisp gimmicks.

but sonic mania user.

Boost gameplay is perfect for Sonic, but so is Adventure gameplay and in a vacuum, the original 2D gameplay.
One out of a million fangames was decent and actually finished.

(checked)
but it disproves anons statement. Plus there are plenty of other finish sonic fan games I can think of so even as a general rule its not inherently true.
I disagree, but for two reasons.
1) I think the Physics in Utopia and Islands are better examples of how Sonic should ideally control in 3D.
2) Adventure gameplay was borderline garbage & Boost is far from "perfect"

But why though? Did they felt releasing the entire first level would be too much? This seems like a decition taken in a board meeting with a bunch of marketers who know little to nothing about videogames.

Why haven't they tried making forward scrolling sections control like a racing game?
It seems so obvious.

I consider those both to be spin offs in the same sense as Secret rings and Black knight.
They were Wii U exclusives, with Lost world only coming to PC much later.
You sound as if you think all Sonic fans agree on what they think they want. when really since sonic has such A huge fan base and has been around for so long since there is basically a separate fanbase for each ear of Sonic (classic, Adventure, and modern and that's just the games their is also fanbases for the comics and cartoons.) with likely not that many enjoying all the era's equally, when you look at all of them I doubt that fans will agree on what they think the future of Sonic should be.

I can only speak for myself, and as far as 3D Sonic goes I liked it more when there were multiple playable characters and I like the Spin Dash more then the Boost.

I think the idea is that it's like Adventure in terms of the story, I don't think anyone was expecting the gameplay to go back to the Adventure style.

Boost gameplay is perfect, it maintains the skills necessary in the 2D games, extending the possible applications without being limited to the 2D plane.
The only reasons the boost games have negative points is because of the forced alternate gameplay distracting from refining the main gameplay further, and the fact that it's not strictly momentum-based pinball gameplay that it appears to a person expecting that gameplay to be inferior.
The boost games have depth beyond "hold X to win" as that is an oversimplification of what's happening, the true problem with the boost games is that the level design doesn't take advantage of the unique attributes Sonic has, such as webm related. I've only been able to locate this one instance where the difference matters, but it's there, and this instance proves that level design can take advantage of it.

>(((entitled))) gamers
This post is about as (((corporate))) as you can get.
The most agreed upon birth dates for millenials is 85-00, making them 32-17. If you're outside that range, it's just embarassing to be on an imageboard.

He is a hapa, just read his /cow/ page.

Fuck gravity, i gotta go fast!

Good idea, bad implementation (lack of interesting levels for example)?
I get why they have it over the spin-dash (spin dash takes time to build up), but it did have some stuff over the boost (as a ball you use momentum better, and you eventually slow down).
I do think the Boost needs some tweaks along with better levels (Meter starts empty and it takes more to fill it for example)

I guess it's just a matter of taste because I far perfer the gameplay of Adventure 2.
Maybe if Boost Sonic was more challenging I would like it better but as far as Genrations went I was getting S ranks like they were candy, So I was never motivated to get better at the game like I was with Adventure 2

Was this written by a western writer?

I agree, I would much prefer another SA2, but for what it is I think Unleashed and Generations are good also. The scoring system in Generations is truthfully much less complex but personally I only seek to improve my times, the rank itself doesn't matter to me unless the bar for an S is set high enough(which it isn't in the base game, but the Unleashed mod is an example of it.)

Yes, the Happy Tree Friends creators.

What do you mean? Amy's historically been young, naive, and obnoxious, but never particularly jokey. Though she does seem more objective-oriented, like her Sonic Boom iteration. In the context of a game, I'm not sure if I like her more or less as being an actual character, instead of a joke and sometimes plot device to attach to Sonic. I think the best use of her has been as someone to play jokes off of in the Sonic Boom show, but it's not really the same character as in CD/SA/SA2.

Calling it now, there will be a mashup with this song and Hopes and Dreams/SAVE the World.

He wrote for Sonic colors to Lost World, I could be wrong but I think he's only translating/localizing this time.

Just to be clear I don't hate Boost Sonic, I just think there was far more potential for gameplay with how things were before it just needed more refinement. I really enjoyed how each game added and shaked up the core gameplay to where they all felt familiar with the basic movement and homing attack, but they all had something unique that made each game worth trying like Heroes had the teams to shake things up but the Speed character still played like Sonic save for how the spin dash is all f'd with in that game.

Unleashed to Generations boost Gameplay all feel to similar, so it's getting a bit tiresome, I actually really am interested in playing as the avatar since it's something new again.

I definitely prefer this, the whole stickiness of 3D Sonic games is what really shits it up for me, kills the whole point of fast going.

I can't help but feel other people would say the same thing about the Adventure gameplay if they bothered to keep up with the style.
While the only reason I'm kinda tired of the boost formula is because they've so far done a really bad job at distinguishing it in the official releases. It does a very poor job with experimentation or breaking down the formula to force people to git gud with its tools. Sega as a company is just really, REALLY bad at understanding its own formula and what makes it good. It's why 2d sections are fucking everywhere in a 3d sanic game. I don't know if they're just that stupid or they're deathly afraid of trying something genuinely new with the formula. Maybe both they've been rather hard to read lately

Some Switch owners are now getting the full game as early as now. Any chance somebody can stream it?

Surely Mark will be our light. And Game Over 12 times more. But really, it'd be cool if he did that.

sauce of people getting it early?

Is it such a big deal to get 12 game overs? I got 5 on Flying Battery Zone.

12 in a row on the same level is pretty bad. He was tired and rushing, but he also just wasn't being careful. Sage for off topic.

Exactly what the fuck is Shadow's role in this game anymore.

he's on sonics side but he's being tsundere bout it

Didn't Shadow die in SA2?

no he just hit his head real hard when he landed on earth and got amnesia, he's pretty much invincible i think.

eggman says he's the original in the final boss of shadow the hedgehog

Where have you been the last decade?

He was saved by the safety net of his popularity with furries and teenage edgelords.

Gotta Go Fast

Shadow has consistently been an anti-hero since the last act of SA2, alternate paths of Shadow The Hedgehog notwithstanding. Given that he has his memories of Maria again, it's unlikely that he'll ever do anything but try to protect the planet, which was her final wish, and his intended purpose. He'll just be an edgy faggot about it. To make Shadow a villain again, you'd have to give him a reason to defy the rest of the group because he thinks that something else has a better chance of protecting the planet per Maria's wish.

He never made impact, or even went through reentry. See vid related.

I love White Jungle, I'm ok with this.

Because Shadow is the ultimate life form, aka Fans liked him. He survived. basically what said.

The thing about Shadow is after adventure 2, (heroes, shadow game, and 06) it's clear that he's OP and more powerful then Sonic.
If Sonic and Shadow go one on one, Shadow shouldn't lose, Since Sonic has never been shown to being capable of anything that Shadow can't do. Yet Shadow Chaos powers give him a distinct advantage.

Soundtrack will be nice to listen to anyway.
But even when comparing the remixes used in other games (Metal Sonic in Mania vs this) the other ones sound better.

On an easy Sonic game where you can end it with around 30 to 20 lives?
Especially when the man who got 12 game overs is also the owner of this videogames board you're posting?
Yes.

h
o
w

Disappointing.

It's a Shadow level, it wouldn't make sense if it was Green Forest.

Sonic got the Bounce Ring and Shadow didn't. Shadow doesn't actually have super speed in the same capacity that Sonic does, pic related. He's only be faster on account of his shoes. It's true that he has far more sophisticated abilities with the chaos emeralds, but he still has to be near a chaos emerald to use them, and Sonic has been shown to be able to copy most of them. It's unclear if Sonic could develop them to a similar degree. I'm guessing probably not, because aliens.

Fuck me, I need to go to bed.

That's a fair augment.
Really I'm just disappointed that things like Chaos control were completely abandoned after 06. I feel like if everyone was able to get cool powers from having a Chaos Emerald that could add so much more to the gameplay.
As it is right now the individual Chaos emeralds are useless unless you have all 7. I always thought it was cool how since Shadow had 3 Chaos emeralds when he saved Rouge he was able to use the power of all 3 to warp to the ark, but nothing like that ever happens again, save for in 06 when they use double Chaos Control to travel through time.
Wasted potential is all.

The spider boss is really hard

talking about a franchise that removed series known obstacle courses to unlock a "Super" form to play as during the game. Now we only see that form at minimal moments in games past Sonic 3. I'd rather them figure out how to use Super Sonic early before I worry about Chaos Control abilities.

As far as I can tell, there's no reason that Shadow shouldn't be able to use all of the abilities he's had in the past, especially Chaos Control. He's just hasn't been in a situation to use them again since then. Honestly, I'd like to see his powers from Sonic Battle make a comeback, but I doubt they will. Everyone's abilities in that game seem to exist to enable the game, not because they have a particular rationale in the series. There's no reason Knuckles should be able to summon meteors, for example.

The level of fast attainable with the boost system of gameplay is already pushing the limits of what most people can handle. How do you implement Super Sonic in regular levels without completely altering how those levels play?

Didn't die once to it, and that was with a lack of sleep before playing it.

It was sort of cool with how they made Shadow interact with Metal Sonic in Rivals 2 and was able to use it to return to their dimension through Chaos Control, but no one really cares about the Rival series.

Personally I think the game looks really cool. I think it's certainly going to be flawed, but from what I've seen, it looks like it's gonna be fun. Denuvo is upsetting but it seems like it's on its last legs due to people being able to break through it so easily, so hopefully we'll be seeing it fade out sometime in the future. My main complaints are that the levels looked a little linear, but I saw branching paths in a couple gameplay videos so it might not be too terrible. Sonic Team has done a pretty messy job because fans don't even know what they want; if something comes out, the status quo changes and suddenly the recent game isn't what they want anymore. Realistically they should take a big, good look at all of their past games and see what made each of them fun, and then combine all of those things together; take the physics of the Genesis games and slap them into a dreamy, rad atmosphere straight out of the Dreamcast and add a fun batshit anime/action b-movie-tier plotline and throw in some bonus features like a Chao Garden and maybe a couple minigames or a boss rush/time trial mode, and I think they'll be relatively set.

Hell I think they even have a bit of leeway with this sorta shit. If they experiment a bit but really stay true to good game design and have fun mechanics and features in the game, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be open to it. As it stands though, Lost World was a great game that had the downfall of downright experimental level design in some of the later stages, and Generations was fun and thrilling but it had a couple physics issues that kind of threw it off. Overall, Sonic has been getting better over time and if we look at shit like Generations and Lost World as our recent titles, I think things are looking up. Fuck, I actually love the absolutely batshit fanfiction-tier plot of Forces so far because it's all of the edgy shit from Adventure 2 thrown into a blender with the Saturday morning cartoon vibe of Lost World and then just threw it into some "SONIC MILITARY" fanfiction setting which is basically just Sonic High but with the military instead.

I'm thinking it'll be a good time; a somewhat flawed game, but a good time.

It's rather telling that one of the best songs to come from this game is a remix of an old song from a game released in the early 2000s.

I'm still laughing.

Yeah. That shit was pretty fucking good and the thing is is that it's not exactly uncommon in Fanfiction. It's why Sonic Forces is so hilarious to me; the "- Forces" suffix could be attached to anything for the title of a military fanfic. Pokemon High? Pokemon Forces. Naruto High? Naruto Forces. Harry Potter High? Actually that one is kind of fucking redundant but it still probably exists. Bleach High? Bleach Forces. It's so fanfic-y that I can't help but love it for how batshit it is, and then you end up with Infinite's theme sounding like that 2000's emo rock that people would listen to all of the time back when, and the game just being a sequel to Mania, and then it having fucking canonized OCs, and then fucking Hoobastank did the themesong for the game, when their music was used in a handful of Sonic AMVs apparently. Then there's the whole deal of the good guy OC being kind of realistic for the Sonic universe while the bad guy, Infinite, is literally just taking the "HIS POWER IS INFINITE AND HE'S JUST LIKE SHADOW EXCEPT I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THAT BECAUSE THIS IS TOTALLY MY ORIGINAL IDEA", and, as dialogue in the game says, "He's faster than Sonic". His fucking theme could be a theme for Coldsteel, and then you have the "HE COMBINES ALL OF THE POWER OF ALL OF THE VILLAINS AND TEAMS UP WITH ALL OF THEM" shitshow going on, too.

Sonic Forces is literally a fanfiction game/love letter to the fans and I'm fucking loving every bit of it. It's hilarious, and the themesong even sounds like the lyrics could be interpreted as a message to the fans from Sonic Team. The concept for the game is as hilarious as it is surprising and unexpected, but at the same time I can't help but take it as seriously as I did SA2 where I laughed at it while getting invested in the plot in an only somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner. Fuck, you could interpret the Hooters promotion as a jab at all of the porn of the characters, too. I'm excited for the game but I know it's going to be flawed; so I'm kind of entering with the same expectations I had for Lost World. It'll probably be a fun game with a handful of flaws.

Trust me I don't actually read fanfiction anymore. I was part of the scene in 2007 but then I dropped it once it got old. I'm not as autistic as I sound I'm just really autistic.

I just tried playing this for old time's sake and holy shit, it is much worse than it seemed back then. The day stages are fucking horrible and Sonic is more slippery than melting butter. I couldn't stand playing it for more than half an hour.

I recently downloaded all of the Wii Sonic games so I'm planning on trying this one out. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about it; most love the day stages and hate the night stages, but some just outright don't like everything, and then a select few enjoy the night stages. I never played any of the Wii Sonic games and I feel like I'm missing out since I never played Colors.

It has lots of framerate problems, it makes lots of the later levels frustrating to play.

How does that change the godawful gameplay?

Unleashed never really looked terrible. I mean if you don't like it, that's cool, but I didn't think it looked too bad.

I'm not talking about the graphics.

Oh, me neither. I was talking about gameplay as well. Looked like a fine game.

it changes what it changes, if one doesn't want to experience the framedrops, play the 360 version.

I don't want to experience Sonic Unleashed in any shape, way or form ever again.

I feel the exact same way, I played Sonic 2 before I could walk but my family's Genesis broke, then I played Sonic CD on our family computer that was the first Sonic game I was actually capable of playing properly, I think I 8 when I first played Adventure 2 and I know I was 10 when I played Shadow the game. at the time I thought Sonic's story was the coolest shit ever. Now I see that things can get ridiculous at times, but that still doesn't stop me from enjoying it all as much now as when I was a kid.
Seeing the OC, Infinite, Shadow, Metal Sonic, and fucking Chaos Zero, all in Forces would have made 10 year old me hyped as fuck, and I'm changeling that part of me right now as i'm looking forward to playing the game. Even if Forces isn't perfect it's still going to be a good time regardless.

Just found 1 hour footage of Sonic Forces His Big Hedgehog Cock Down Your Throat. I ain't webm-ing this shit nigger.

Sonic handles like a fucking tank in Unleashed when compared to Generations, I'm glad they polished it. Werehog segments were objectively better in the PS3/X360 versions to boot.

Unleashed on the Wii is almost an entirely different game compared to the PS3/X360 version. Know this going into it.

As far as all Sonic Wii games, Colors will be your best bet. A little heavy on 2D, but it improved on what Unleashed got wrong. It's also widely thought off as the first game in almost a decade that wasn't a hot mess. You can try Secret Rings and Black Knight if you want but they're rather off-putting. Or the Sonic Riders sequel, there's that one.

The more I look at gameplay the more nitpicking I end up doing. I don't think anything bugs me more about this game than how intrusive the hints are, however. The bring the gameplay to a complete halt, it's so jarring. At least Rouge's voice is hot.

>verb: perfect /pərˈfekt/ 1. to make completely free from faults or defects, or as close to such a condition as possible.
I think you don't know what that word means user.

Mark did eventually get a good time on the leader-boards for Greenhill Zone.

Shadow working for Infinite confirmed faker.

I FOUND YOU FAKER

Something feels jarring with this. It's probably the voice acting, animation or both.

IT'S BEEN GENERATIONS SINCE I'VE SEEN YOU!

The memes…

It's like pottery.

PHANTOM RUBY JUST PUTS SHIT INTO YOUR MIND

I wasn't the only that was reminded about Sonic Heroes when the streamed leaks dropped.

That much I coild surmise from Mania and the lyric in Infinite's thrme song. "This is an illusion" But what's up with the "prototype" Phantom Rubies?

So… it's deliberate shitposting like Mania, but autistic in a different way? Have to admit I never thought of it like that.
still not going to buy it

A fun story in video games is justification enough. As long as you can skip it there's no problem.

Yeah the game leaked. Sonic mania 2.0

It's SFM tier

Did the 2d sonic levels ever get better than what was initially shown, the boss fight in the previous video didn't look to bad. Also, are the 3D levels as linear and "hold button to win" as they look?

Some levels are showing potential, unfortunately they are doing nothing with that potential, so it remains a "Gotcha!" sort of thing.
Also, Infinite is a weak piece of shit, in terms of gameplay.

It would be the shitties thing if they took the SMB2 route and say Sonic Mania was a dream.

Damn I've always wished they would turn shadows SA2 music intro proper jungle tunes. Seems like they practically did the opposite.
I'm really not feeling this soundtrack

I'll take that considering I'm mostly in it for the novelty at this point.

Which version? PC or console versions?

Both. The animation recently looks like it took an different approach from how Unleashed, Colors and Generations handled it. It now looks like the characters are constantly suddently not moving at all and moving in between, while before it was characters always slightly moving with any kind of limb when they are quiet and making smooth slow moves when they are posing or making some action. Personally, I prefer the latter, so I agree how this particular cutscene looks odd and jarring.

And the voice acting is jarring because Roger Craig Smith. "nuff said.

shit

Edg, Edge and Edgy

This…what? Why?
Its been a while since a cutscene as simple as this genuinely confused me. I've rarey ever scene a scene be so poorly composed in a long, long time. Only thing that matches is translations by nintendo treehouse or other such terrible dubbers. Sonic games are not known for this. Outside of fans just not liking the sound of the voice the actors generally do a good job at maintaining the scene.

Now none of what held Generations, Colors, and Unleashed together is present. At least not consistently. I'm still going to enjoy the unironic fanfiction story. But not without heavily criticizing parts they've aced a literal game prior.

Why is Tails such a useless fucking pussy nowadays? I know the timeline kind of got messed up after Shadow the Hedgehog, but Tails should have still fought Chaos before, right? Why is he cowering in fear of an enemy he's should be able to defeat? They just threw his whole character development down the drain.

where's the download?

Well that's kinda shit. Especially when you consider what it does in Mania.
Not only is it saying all of Infinite's shit is basically just illusions that have real consequences, but all the stuff with Egg Robos and what they do never happened. You're just fighting a normal egg robo who makes you see all that shit. Albeit it's making everything see it like that- even Eggman- but it still feels cheap
What would be wrong with keeping with what was already established and give it time/space/reality powers better than the Chaos Emeralds?

I thought he was one of the better VAs.

One of the cutscenes says Tails "lost it" after Sonic was captured. Seems like he got separated or left the rebellion, and became a coward without Sonic (in either order). He had the whole "I've got to live up to Sonic's standard" shit in Adventure, and I'm not expecting consistency, but if they're gonna be edgy, at least show what made him like this.

Hope you like fighting the Nega Wisp robot again.

I just learned that there is no Chaos boss fight.

why

How can you think a voice actor with gritty, old tired unclean voice, no matter in what voice direction, can perfectly fit a young energetic athletic runner guy whose one of his traits is always having fun and sometimes be asshole or ironic, which none of this is a characteristic of old people?

No, really, why in the world do you think Jason and Ryan are worse than Roger? Almighty god, I can't fondly remember any of noteworthy lines Roger has said that really sounded catchy and pleasing to our ears outside of the copyright line, while I CAN remember around ten lines both Jason and Ryan has transmitted that shows they are great. Everytime Roger tries to make Sonic sound like he's having fun, he fails horribly, and instead, it only creates cringy moments.

Let me guess, Colors was your first Sonic game, wasn't it? Because Adventure 1 was my first Sonic game, and that didn't stop me from liking (and even preferring) Jason or other voice actors that aren't Roger and that person who voiced Sonic in Sonic's Schoolhouse, showing that I strongly dislike Roger not because of nostalgia.

Is that 3D Platform Masters?

people will defend this game. In fact in 15 years there will be nostalgia for this game just like the adventureautists.

nostalgic*

This autist does a decent Sonic.

I wouldn't go that far. No one has nostalgia for Sonic 06 yet.

Just check the comments for some 06 videos and you will see people who were kids when it came out saying how they have fond memories of it.

thats not true just look at the comment section on any 06 play through and there are endless people working to "fix" it.

I was just saying that

How is this game this bad? It's like they took the worst aspects of all the boost games so far, threw in a customisable character and called it a day. Does Sonic Team even give a shit anymore?

Did they ever?

they stopped giving a shit after Sonic 3.

> Infinite hard on the "friends are useless" schtick, as if the fact the avatar can use the Phantom Ruby didn't make it obvious Infinite is an alt-reality avatar, since the Avatar was afraid of Infinite. Infinite creates himself. Pottery.
> Double Boost mode has Sonic constantly telling you how great you are. Even the music tries to make it sound like holding down a button is impressive.
> Awkward writing ahoy apart from that bit about "Can't we just win and that be the end". That was funny- why call it "Death Egg Robot powered by the Ruby". It's not on the Death Egg- so call it Ruby Egg Robot or Phantom Egg Robot or something.
> The fucking Ruby effect is so ugly and jarring. Hell from a narrative point it even ruins Sonic Mania- it's so bad it ruins TWO games! Or at least tries to.
> Why is Eggma building platforms for you to walk on? Juggling the orb so you can make it bounce more than once (I assume you can) while dodging other attacks looks cool tho.

> It didn't even explain what Infinite was! Was he actually the avatar or just a generic robot with super powers thanks to the Ruby?
The Avatar, Infinite, and Classic Sonic serve nothing to the plot. Eggman can make these Rubies, so he can escape from consequence over and over.
The plot could just be Eggman makes artificial Chaos Emeralds or any energy source maguffin and uses them to make infinite powerful robots (or copies of Shadow/etc if you really want)- and overran the world. Sonic doesn't need to lose from 5 "oh so cool" enemies from the past- just have him literally up to his neck in robots so he can't handle it, gets tuckered out, or gets hammered by one of the bigger robots. Then take out the final weapon via Sonic using the maguffins or whatever.
Every decision in this games development feels like a frankenstein of ideas, executive meddling, attempts to bait in different audiences when showing the adverts, or any combo of the above.
Classic Sonic and some of the stages/remixes is for fans of generations, the extra villains are for any fans of them, Infinite is for the edge (both ironically and not), the avatar is for fan-wankery and people who want to draw but can't, and the Phantom Ruby is just to bait in Mania fans. Hell, the stuff with making out Omega's such a big deal only works (judging by the Sonic Twitter) when you play the Shadow DLC- and I bet that won't even pan out much.
This is more than a garbage fire. Every decision they made went wrong- right down to who they hired to do it. It works the mechanics function- but there's nothing there! It's babies first platformer marketed to his older brother. And neither of them are gonna be happy.
This isn't a dumpster fire. Dumpster fires are fun to watch, and can be so bad you get entertainment on another level. This is an empty dumpster. The only people who won't forget it are Sega's investors or Sega heads. Mania makes Forces look like the fan-project.

I'm guessing it was cut for time or in the Shadow DLC. The game feels rushed as well- like the robots in cutscenes all have a visor and a chrome finish- while it looks like that design is only for the ones in the last level.
If they had development trouble, they could have pushed it back at least a few months for a Christmas launch. Sure they'd be competing with Odyssey, but the style of both games (or what they promised) is vastly different.

When I was younger I liked the voice acting in Adventure, and didn't like how they toned him down with each appearance after that. Now I'm older, I prefer it (play the VAs in reverse order up to Urkle, and each sounds like a parody of the last). I will admit the lines and direction in Forces sounds awful. Nothing is interesting or exciting- Roger is just encouraging the player all the time. Christ, his VA work in Sonic Boom has more emotional range and is fun. Same applies to Eggman to.The fact the script is so dry doesn't help either. No one has any personality.
For example (love it or hate it) Knuckles is characterized as an idiot. In Forces (you get all the cutscenes after the boss) does he show he's an idiot- or any other personality traits?
Fucking hell, the writing in porn flash games of the characters has more personality than this.

plus enemies just stand there and do nothing
caring about story in video games is always a mistake.

Hey it's that reskinned last boss from sonic colors

Forgot the words on the boat.

Okay I'll stop.

Oh lord yeah. Even in an RPG- if the game is good enough no plot- or even a bad plot (at times)- can be ignored.
It's magnifies good gameplay like graphics, music, sfx, etc.
Without good gameplay- all the bells and whistles will do is help it sell more in the initial phases before it's forgotten.
And for all the hype behind the game- it's a plain wafer.

Gave me more enjoyment that forces did.

Super Cloudbuilt is best boost sonic game

Nice trips, have one made specially for you!

Not enough space to evoke those old robotnik edits.

Even Sonic autists don't like this game. Also, since the whole game is now leaked, it seems the consensus among Sonic fans is that it's worse than Generations. Jesus Christ, Sonic Team.

Very Nice user, but can you do this?!?!

and its still gonna make money cause of the character creator

and then of course whatever sonic game comes after it is gonna sell much worse unless they include a character creator with even more features in every sonic game afterwards
but wait, theyll probably put DLC in sonic forces for the character creator to milk aaaaaaaaaaall of those deviant art whales

I still see huge fucking fanboys licking Sonic dick in the Jewtube comments though. I am glad Forces is getting the criticisms it deserves though.

No but I did this.

The leak is going to hurt sales bad. I half wonder if Denuvo had a hand in it.
> See- when people realize your game is shit, you lose money! You need us to stop people playing your game if it leaks early!

The real fans are making fun of them and calling them the "Sonic Forces defense squad". Most of the fans on forums don't like the look of the game and with spoilers out, the only ones liking the game are retards. If you can't even get autists to like your game, then there's something wrong. All Sonic Team had to do was go full edge and not rehash so much, I guarantee Sonic Adventure fans would be all over it.

every 3d sonic from adventure looks really slow tbh

Too much to hope this splits the fan-base from tards and everyone else?
How do you split from over half your group?

I tried

Honestly, I think the gameplay looks fine to a certain extent, the level design has been crap so far, it's literally everything else that's awful. Even the soundtrack sucks this time around, which should never ever be the case in a Sonic game. I'm still sticking to my theory that Sonic Team scrapped over half the game and rushed out new content once they found out about Mania. In fact, I'm sure Classic Sonic wasn't even in the game until Mania started development. What a disaster.

oh no Classic was planned to be in there from the get go. It's just that they weren't expecting Mania and it was already too late to take him out.

Is classic sonic still unable to hold down to roll down slopes like in generations? That shit is the one thing they need to get right

But why though? What purpose did Classic Sonic serve in this game?

Association with games people like

TRUE FINAL BOSS

this would be better than what we currently have tbh

Supermonkeyball always reminded me of Billy hatcher, both the music and the gameplay.

A part of me wanted to try out Forces just for the sake of experiencing the autism first hand, but when even the soundtrack is bad, that's a major red flag.

As far as Classic Sonic goes, I almost want to call it a misunderstanding. When fans say they like Classic Sonic, they mean the earliest era of Sonic, not the Sonic from that era himself. Sega's been shoehorning Classic Sonic (the character) into a lot of things, thinking they're appeasing fans. It made sense it Generations, but this time around it's pointless. They can only pander to nostalgia so many times. And when you think about it, the ending to Mania might be as shit as it is because Sega wanted to force Classic Sonic into Forces, just so they could use him as a selling point. I agree with you that Mania and Forces both had an influence on each other's development, and I believe it's only hurt both games.

That is in no way surprisng. Nobody hates Sonic more than Sonic's fans.

I've never even considered that before. That's so fucking stupid that it's probably true.

Holly shit I never noticed that because I never bothered to compare Generations physics to classic.

Sonic Forces Defense Force in the comments

These are fucking fantastic.

All jokes aside, I found the bosses in this game better than I had anticipated. Sure, they aren't that as long or as difficult as they could be, but the same could be said about most Sonic bosses, really, especially Colors.

At least the second half of the stage isn't boost to win.

round 2?

I noticed the personality thing in the gameplay vids. Everybody talks like fucking COD characters

Oh boy

Nintendo is doing the same shit, including non-nintendo owned first party companies. I.E; Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Mario (non-mainline), Metroid. Of course, at least these are 'okay', which is a bit better than mediocre.

The only ones that haven't gotten fucked as hard have been Kirby, Donkey Kong and Zelda, yet Zelda is already showing signs of decay.

If i pull that would you die ?

I think it mostly spawns from all the complaing about green eyes Sonic being the Sonic they picked for Sonic 4. And sure, that was disappointing but it wasn't even close to being that game's biggest problem. Infact Sonic Advance 1 is probably a better classic Sonic game than classic Sonic in Generations.

If Infinite could just make fakes of Shadow, Chaos 0, and the others, why not make an army of the following:
>Super Shadow with permanent SHADOW FEVER
Or better yet: an army of Evil Sonics? Infinite can make Evil Shadows, why not the same for Sonic?

Retard writers.
What if you asked is only scraping the iceberg.

Well that puts things into perspective, but

Is he the biggest wasted potential in the game?

Every single piece of gameplay footage and information about Sonic Forces has suggested it is going to be a horrible game. The fact that anybody is excited for it demonstrates why cults are successful.

Sega never ceases to surprise me.

The Lost World director is on this so of course he gets the priority.

this guy also seems to be the one person consistently involved with all the other games but is absent form Forces.

Don't forget the faggot is a retarded femishit.

Was anyone even expecting a Sonic game to be good?

Amazing.

There are actually some lines in the game that make no sense and the story seems rushed towards the end. Also some story DLC is planned, so perhaps some of the story is sealed behind paid DLC as well.

Most people aren't excited for it. The Sonic Stadium forums are up in flames right now over how bad the game is, hardly anyone is defending the game and it's not even out yet for most.

Is the game out already?

No just people getting the game early and leaking the game, I think.

board.sonicstadium.org/topic/22999-sonic-forces-development-speculation-spoilers/

HOLY FUCKING KEK

See reddit and youtube comments. The defense force were massive.

Console game gets leaked and SEGA will punish PC for this. Retard logic.
Not that it will matter since the Denuvo will get cracked day 1.

I just saw all the cutscenes. This feels so awkward. The best character so far is fucking Infinite himself and he doesn't play much of a role as the plot goes on. The story seems to hint at something more with him but it ultimately pushes him aside near the last section of the game.

Also the avatar character does not need to exist and is wholly irrelevant to the plot if you switched him out with another character. Like tails. Why the fuck isn't tails being featured using his inventions to help out instead of this literal nobody.

Also custom characters inherently ruin a story if they aren't built with them in mind from the ground up. And Sonic as a franchise has far too many other characters who can fill the role much better and with actual personality.

Also Rouges voice actor is trash and incredibly unfitting. But her having sassy lines of dialogue is indeed very nice. Vector and Espio sound like shit too.

For some reason it's much too difficult for them to think of any other kind of attacks for the Final Boss, yet Egg Dragoon in Generations was better than this shit and he he wasn't the final boss.
Also, don't forget the Egg Beetle in Unleashed PS360, it did the same shit.

N-N-N-NO, NOT SHADOW FEVER!

They're probably saving it for the (((DLC))).

Their thought process is like

Sonic is dead

OH NO OH NO OH NO BAAAAW HE IS DEAD for the tenth time. Again.

This has already became common for Sonic, honestly saying. I know he will from now on get overwhelming negative reception, but this isn't the first time he suffers it. It looks like he will have nothing good in the next year, and he will only get good once 2019 comes around.

It's really too bad to say Forces looks like it will likely bomb, nevertheless to say, because I think the main ideas it has behind, such as the military war theme and the OC creator itself, sounds great and nice, but hearing now that they weren't really explored thanks to the internal disapproval makes me kind of sad. It also doesn't help that apparently the people behind the level design of Forces are newbies, explaining why they are so linear.
Am I a faggot for holding this kind of unpopular opinion?

I unironically liked the OC creator but shame about the level design. Also no Chaos, really?