Dead Franchises that you loved

Since the closing of viceral and subsecuent death of dead space

I got reminded of studios that made games that i loved but now they are gone putting the nail in the coffing for those franchises ever returning again

I said this even to i hated death space, but i feel the pain every time some studio with a unique idea closes

So Holla Forums what is your franchise that makes you tear you up every time you get reminded of it

mine is pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0a78kzAffb4
hooktube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Excite Truck or the Excite IP.

I just wanted a third one, such a shame we never got it.
Underrated games by the way.

C&C baybeeeeee

Loved pretty much every game in the series except probably sole survivor - has anyone played that one at all?

Fuck EA for killing off Westwood.

This one wasn't a masterpiece and needed an improvement to the combat system, but i think it deserved another chance, it had the potential to become a great franchise,

With the Crash remake doing well, I wouldn't be surprised if they started doing new Crash games that tried to be like the old style. I also expect them to announce a Spyro trilogy remake and follow it up with new games in the old style, assuming it's successful.

A new Viewtiful Joe would be nice, and it's not like it would be particularly costly to make either.

Burnout.

Ayy rest in pieces pandemic

Just fuck my shit up fam

it hurts

Motorstorm was the last racing game that was truly enjoyable and fun. Even online it was fun racing against different types of vehicles who could all choose different paths of the race depending on what type of vehicle you used.

i really liked

command and conquer

and also really miss

nfl

blitz

youtube.com/watch?v=0a78kzAffb4

I will never forgive you Bethesda never

you could say that these games are a bit

obscure

Oh god motorstorm was fun

This too

Custom Robo
Baten Kaitos

I only ever see Obscure: The Aftermath (which I take to be Obscure II) around a lot where I live, be it the PS2 or Wii version. Is the first hard to find, or something?

> textos en castellano
Stop lying to me

Just replayed the 3 back to back. Makes me sad…

I just wanted a spookier RE4, no dialogue, alone and trying to escape terrifying situations where no one will hear you scream.
In the end, all we got was a censored, frightless piece of schlock with no likable characters and an even worse story and ending.

They should have let Isaac and Ellie keep their happy ending from 2.

Please explain the cuckolding of Isaac

What did you expect though? It was published by EA.

That game is awesome. The atmosphere, and characters (mainly the gargoyle) are excellent. It's one of those hidden, unique gems that were plentiful in the older generations, and nonexistent now.

It's a comfy winter game. I'm gonna have to play it now.

Halo died for me when Halo 2 came out. Aside from Firefight in ODST and Reach, every entry has been another kick in the ribs. Halo 1 was a fluke.

Holy fuck I totally forgot about Crimson Skies. I think I got stuck on the last boss then dropped it, I don't remember it that well.

I agree with Halo, even though Halo 2-3's multiplayer was decent, both of their singleplayers couldn't hold a candle to Halo CE. Playing Halo CE split screen on legendary growing up was so much fun. I haven't played Halo 4-5 and I heard they were garbage. I am playing Halo Online right now (its free, halo 3 engine) and it brings back all the old multiplayer memories.

I don't think the timesplitters Rewind will be available 'In 2017' as they claimed. It'll get pushed back and delayed and eventually probably fall apart.

And Timesplitter 4 never ever.

Throughout Dead Space 1, while Isaac deals with undead monsters and betrayal, he also has hallucinations of his dead girlfriend, and the experiences haunt him from this point on.

In Dead Space 2 resolving the hallucinations are central to the plot, throughout which a mechanic called Ellie helps Isaac escape the space station they're trapped on, with Ellie saving Isaac at the end of the game after he's resigned himself to death, flying away with him and escaping the government conspiracy together.

In Dead Space 3, Ellie and Isaac already had a relationship together, but has Ellie suddenly walk out on Isaac because he can't "get over" the horrors he's experienced and doesn't want to deal with the horrible murder aliens and the government conspiracy that wants them both dead.
She then joins a crew with a cockamamie plan to stop the aliens for once and for all, starting by jumping on the dick of the captain of the crew.
Then once the crew of fuckups manage to lose her on a hellscape space station but save themselves, the captain forces Isaac to help save her, so that the captain can abandon the mission and start dicking her again.

To recap, the MC's loyal girl suddenly walks out on him to join an idiotic expedition to defeat the aliens once and for all, and then he's forced to go save her by her new dipshit boyfriend. And then it turns out that the expedition in fact releases the lock on the aliens' influence instead of destroying them, so they are freed to consume humanity in its totality all because she decided to help out these idiots.

Crimson Skies was the first game where flying felt really good to me; I wish I could have played online, but I didn't get decent internet till last year (I live on the moon).

Yeah, couch co-op through Halo CE is about the most fun I've ever had with a game. My dad still brings up how after we fought side by side against all odds to save the universe, I just ditched him at the end when he fell out of the warthog, and got disoriented. I just got in the ship and left him to blow up on the ring. Great father/son bonding. Reach Firefight has gotten untold hours of play as well (love the way it plays, don't care so much for the multicultural spartan team). Too bad they never expanded on firefight in Halo 4, which is such a shitfest I didn't even watch a trailer for 5. 4 literally ends with a QTE boss fight.

Those games are great too.

damn that's sad. This video by CrowbCat, (the guy that makes all the downgrade videos) shows you how cucked 343 is, and when you compare it to the devs in bungie, it's a direct reflection of making a game with style over substance.

hooktube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

I had no idea the sweating guy got more images.

I thought smashing the moon into the planet stopped the marker's signal and the necromorphs, and also stopped the other moons as well? Which is why Issac "Sacrificed" himself.

Yeah, they're really clueless, and dispassionate. The visuals in H4 are great, but it comes at the cost of being able to see the enemies. If you have a scoped weapon, zooming in will reveal how enormously inadequate your draw distance is without zooming. It's like flipping on a light in a dark room. The new enemies are also zero fun to fight. They're bullet sponge robots that barely react to gunfire, and instantly vanish when they die (no bodies to punch the blood out of). Fuck 343 to death.

Nope. The signal went through, and triggered the apocalypse.

In the vanilla game, the chapters line up to spell BROTHER MOONS ARE AWAKE and with the DLC, you get to see Isaac come face to face with a trio of them over Earth, consuming humanity and the Earth and then about to destroy the ship before it fades to white.

Really?I thought as Ellie was in the ship, she said the marker signal had died?

Rip in pepperoni Studio Liverpool.

Speaking of killing good development studios, sony is just as bad as EA.

Yes, "the Aftermath" is obscure 2 with some additions.
Regarding ObsCure 1 maybe is not easy to find a boxed version on game shops, but as far as i know it shouldn't be hard to find it on ebay or even amazon.

Hotel Dusk got a sequel tough.
And later on a new game from the same original dev, called Chase: Cold Case Investigations .

I'll never forgive JoWood for forcing PB to release the shitpile that G3 was, and subsquientially fucking up the company by lawsuits.

Motorstorm had the same fate as Dead Space: Two good first game, an overmarketed and casualized, bad third game that killed the franchise.

NEVER FORGET

It was just Resident Evil with dinosaurs, but that's all it needed to be

But how would that even work? I'm fine with the world being connected but they're a bit too different.

We're not getting a good game from either franchise so.

There was a very outdoorsy kid that lived on my street that my parents made me hangout with and motorstorm was like our only common ground circa 2006

I also wish we could get another Far Cry game in the vein of Far Cry 2 or a good Fallout game, but that'll never fucking happen.

welp

BECAUSE THEY FUCKING KILLED IT, DUG IT UP AND KILLED IT AGAIN

You're not wrong.

Dude, please try to not mention TimeSplitters, its a touchy subject and makes me feel sad whenever I think about it.
;_;

Half-Life

LawBreakers is shit.

I used to really like this series, but every new game after Revelations has gotten progressively worse.

Good news faggot, It's getting a sequel.

i played this today