Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
archive.is/e6CVO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

First for World will be the best entry and salty babies will be salty babies about it.

You forgot the "shaping up" line.

It's the drought between each release, like with pokemon threads

That and people are just kind of crushed by seeing the series die in such an insulting way.

what is monster hunter? do i literally hunt monsters?

Less hunt, more bare knuckled brawl to the death, where upon victory you cut the beast up and use it's flesh and bones to forge new weapons and armor to don yourself in to slay the next beast with.

you mean to be reborn as a new franchise aimed at normalfags.
as long as there's fun to be had i'll keep playing.

I am not too mad about it.
The mainline games died with a wonderful conclusion which was MH4U.
That game did its only job perfectly, which was to be fun.

MHW makes sense as a reboot trying to appeal to normalfags while keeping some of the original formula there.
I dont blame them for making that, capcom is a company and their goal is to make money, got cater to autists on a Cambodian imageboard.

Im just hoping that the game isnt complete shit which I can sense that it wouldnt be, my taste in vidya never lies to me.

Monster hunter Gen 1: Slap dinos to death in iron age japanese jurassic park
Monster hunter Gen 2: Slap dinos to death on an beach, then on a mountain
Monster hunter Gen 3: Slap dinos to death in okinawa, then in kyoto
Monster hunter Gen 4: Attempt to slap dinos to death in france, but for some reason every time you try, people start a pole-vaulting contest.
Monster hunter Frontier/Cross: Nearly die from an epileptic fit every time the dino attacks using an map-encompassing AOE animation from a final fantasy last boss, but survive due to having 10 seconds of i-frames and three layers of moxie and also you just teleported behind the dino and unsheathed your katana. Nothin' personnel.
Monster hunter World: Slap a static statue to death while your personal tard-wrangler chatters at you about how to correctly use the toilet without getting your pants dirtied.

Am I missing anything?

The music in the 2nd webm is fucking trash
Should be replaced with "GOTTA GO FAST"

I made webm related a little while ago

Same thing.

That's the thing, I'm not seeing any fun to be had in World.

It doesn't actually make sense though - they're sacrificing one of the most profitable series period for something that might as well be an entirely different IP that will appeal to no one.

Bump

Seeing as Crapcom has had a terrible financial year and MHW is liable to kill the series, can anyone recommend any MH games that can be played on PC?

Running MH and a translated MH2 on PCSX2 and having a blast, are there any others worth checking out?

Get MHP3rd and play on hunstermonter or some shit

I need to get around to figuring out that PS2 emulation, I really want to try out the original Dos after hearing about some of the unique shit it does.

Heres how i did it

I mean the PS2 emulator itself, MonHun 2's already in Japanese so it's perfectly understandable.

You need to understand that this isn't what they think. They think they're reaching out to a huge untapped market by catering to Westerners.

But westerners could mod dinosaurs in Skyrim. They don't need MHW.

:^)

I'm aware that that's what they think, but the reality is that they're killing a profitable franchise for no reason at all.

It's a blessing, really. They shouldn't be able to make even more shekels off this abomination.

And they should not make a single sale with World

Anyone still on 4U?
A large amount of the newfag Gen players have all but disappeared either sacred off by the "Obscene" difficulty or Apex Jang dickings.
It's hard to get a full room somedays.

Friend and I just did Lao Shan Long urgents, fucking took forever god damn. At least the second one was faster because we had an idea on what to do.

U, no, but I've started up a fresh file of 4G recently.

i might give the handheld ones a try to honor the death of this franchise. aside from 4u which seems to be recommended every time, any other must play handheld titles? gonna miss having to use the analog stick to attack tho

The big ones are 2G and Portable 3rd on PSP, and 3G and 4G on 3DS.

WHY DID THIS NEVER HAPPEN

Floating avatar of life and nature. Deep sea avatar of death and rot. Both some form of giant mollusk type elder thing. They would have made for a great gimmick fight in a game with styles.

Poor Yama, reduced to a missingno tier oddity in Froniter and otherwise forgotten.

;_;7

Yama always intrigued me. I was late to the game when he was active.

Osutogaroa/Narkarkos was a much more enjoyable end game elder dragon than most of them that were more glorified setpieces than any sort of a threat. Unique mechanics, various threats from previous monsters, overall highly interesting.

Really?
A long slog of a fight that actually bored me the first time i did it due to it taking so-fucking-long.
I hated farming it even if we got sub 6 min times as it was just a moving target that posed very little threat.
Gogmazios was a masterpiece.

It's been the better part of a decade since this video, and I'm still nowhere near Kaj's level of skill.

Downloading XX now, do you guys still play and should I transfer my old shit or start over do you think? I feel like I'm a bit late here

So, you guys like Stories at all?

It's a pretty good spinoff, although now you've posted it I wonder why the casual filter of Tri only has 1 attack.

Casual filter? Wha?

Barroth was notorious for being the first real challenge in the original Tri. In 3U and I think P3rd as well they nerfed it.

That is dumb and gay and I wish they wouldn't have done that to my boy.

I still join rooms when other people post, but otherwise I've been busy with a replay of 4G and with other games lately SRW Z3 and replaying Rune Factory 4 due to the Platinum Collection coming out

Hated it. The janken style of combat just doesn't do it for me I just want a Sekaiju no Meikyuu style dungeon crawler with each weapon as a different class to put a party together.

I liked it, it did well with it being a more child friendly version of beat-the-life-out-of-a-violent-animal the game. But the difficulty spike from the story finish to endgame is harsh, so it's good to know it did not lose it's teeth. Just wished the combat was faster so you tubers would;d stop spending 5 minutes on one turn.

I heard in MHW you can infinitely restock potions mid-mission from the base camp. Won't this make the game too easy?

Monster Hunter World can do no wrong. It is above criticism.

Yep

Yep

so killing mh with hunter arts wasn't enough, they need to fuck its corpse with worlds too

Someone webm this shit, but I'm guessing he thinks stuff like changing gear mid mission and moving while healing are "Quality of Life" changes and not completly different gameplay mechanics. Quality of Life changes are being able to hold down the button to gather or craft items, things that make certain actions more fluid without affecting the end result, not game changing effects. It's like saying that on the fly style switching in DMC4 is a Quality of Life change compared to DMC3 instead of a brand new mechanic that alters how the game's supposed to be played.

This is just what his opinions have been in the first 6 minutes. Basically, if you didn't know GH was a total fucking retard before Worlds, it's even more obvious now. He seems to be sucking the entirety of Worlds's cock happily.

It makes sense, he's the target audience they're building World for entirely.

Maybe he gets paid to do so.
I don't see the reason to chew on World at this point in time. When the demo releases and the changes turn out to be shit and stabbing dinosaurs in the dick with big slabs of stone and metal is not fun anymore, there's still enough time to be bitter.

Jesus that's so bad.
What's reception of MHW like in japan?
I was always curious how MH sold in japan vs the west, it always seemed like of one of those more western games because there's not really a lot of grinding, and it's fairly action oriented.

It's fucked because I would like an honest Monster Hunter World, open world with tracking and multiple monsters roaming around with complex AI of their own hunting and stalking techniques instead of just cycling between levels and precanned animations, hunting in an actual ecosystem.
But this is just complete systematic casualization with almost nothing in terms of improvements. I think the only thing I saw there which was actually a quality of life change was the larger lobbies.

MonHun saved PSP in Japan and was a massive hit, when people played the game together on trains, workplaces and schools. The series has a shitty track record when it comes to sales in the West, with only 3 and 4 selling reasonably well.

Advertisement was virtually non-existent and no one likes handhelds in the west

I never seen any gameplay of that happening but in the wildspire waste fights, which i presume is the desert mao, the hunter didnt need to drink a cool drink. What makes the game too easy for me is that you can completely bail out on monsters anytime during the battle by fast traveling out of there with no farcasters or shooting the wyverns and flying out of a fight, the stealth and rocksteady mantles are OP too.

The only improvement is the maps, graphics, and most weapons. I am not too keen on everything else, but as I have shit taste I still think the game could be fun. Although I may be wrong when the game comes out

What do the nips think of world now that its casualized and cant be played on a handheld anymore?

Every person I've spoken to who likes MonHun is at best wary and hesitant.

It basically is the only rival to Dragon Quest, it's kind of insane how successful it is.

If anything that makes it feel more Japanese to me?

I take it you somehow haven't seen the glowing green crap all over the screen now.

Tell that to the Game Boy.

A friend from Kyoto says they're more or less hesitant on it, with one MH nutjob saying it's a westernised kusoge now. These are individuals though, so take it as a grain of salt.

The graphics are better but they made the visuals worse. More polygons and draw distance won't help you out when everything looks desaturated
While graphical fidelity increased the game fucking looks worse.

I still play but my work schedule doesn't leave much time for it. Just hit G3.

I completely understand your feelings user, fuck capcom for doing what they did to world and straying a bit too far off course with the series. If some of the cazualization was indeed gone, The rest I think is pretty convinient though this game would have been something out of a wet dream of mine. But its 2017 user, companies only see us as money now and not people, and that pisses me off.

So they must be just like us, maybe even more angry considering how autistic japs can be.

I saw a video where some dude bumped up the saturation for the game and somehow it looked FAR better than how it usually did, I cant find the video though. The game has so much detail hidden in there but the washed out color pallet hides so much of the background colors, the game reminded me a bit more of mh4u with so much varying colors being in there. I hope that increased saturation
is a graphical option once the game comes out. Or you would just be able to mod it in if you play on PC.

The point of graphics is to see what you're doing in the game, and if the Shirubemushi are as necessary as they seem to be, that means World's graphics are objectively worse at doing their job than literally every other main Monster Hunter title.

JINOUGAAAA

Somebody comment on how the tails are just fucking ragdolling over the ground like a wedding dress because 'muh clipping' is more important than having good animations that reflect how crucial the tail is in movement for most of these creatures.
Also somebody post a room, I haven't seen anything for 4U or dubble crossed in weeks (no I am not playing 4G so no need to tell me that that's all you've got)

Anyone can see what they're doing though, Its not that much of a big deal. The visuals are okay and the game is still very much playable. And I think anyone can agree that the first monster hunter games looked like shit.

I want to post a room for XX again but im afriad that no one will join or someone will join but lose connection in the middle of the hunt.
That is the Holla Forums MHXX experience at this point. I also occasionally catch blue playing XX, I wonder how hes doing

I wouldn't They look very much like any early PS2 era game and by no means look like shit.

I dont know if the fight is hard or if I have just become that bad at monhun over the years.

Human bodies do not bend that way.

But they should.

They do if you yoga enough. You can contort the human body in the most unnatural looking ways if you're even tad more flexible than an office worker.

Then again, it's a drawing, not a real human body.

So is there a list of all the casualized stuff in MHW?

What am I missing?

Where does it say that? I seen anything like that yet. I keep on seeing you guys mention that but it seems like Im always missing that detail?! The only thing that close to restocking items is the item box at base camp. I never even noticed any hunters go into the item box at base camp though, just the tent to switch gear like a bunch of faggots. Is the item box even in the game anymore???

Truly the Dark Souls of Monster Hunter games.

Nobody cares about it anyway.
I bet keeping your eyes on them will only distract and get you killed
Might be the first game where i gather stuff after the item multiplier gets unlocked.

Hey Makoto, how're you doing?

Well, FU and 4U have a lot of diferences between them, so that could be it.

I think it was a dev or something that said all your items get restocked when you enter in the tent.
I dunno if you can change the main items though, not that is a ploblem seeing i've yet to see someone drinking a hot/cold potion, at this point i think they are gone too.

wat?

Possibly, but it just boggles my mind when people claim that World somehow has better graphics when it's objectively worse than the previous games because of that crap.

I don't see how.

I presume by item multiplier he means the farm of the older games and the merchants of 4 and X.

What's wrong user? You don't have fantasies about broing it up with your favorite monster?

Am i the only one hopeful for the flare gun?
Way too many times have i fought a boss with a friend just to have him disconnect and only the dps of our team could finish the quest.

user I think you have genuine autism or some kind of issue if you cant even relate to what im trying to tell you in the slightest. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

It was pain and suffering whenever I would start a quest with an incomplete team but 10 seconds later someone arrives then promptly quits. I want to know more about how the flaregun works, can you invite friends to a hunt with it? Does it bring in shitty randoms? Is it craftable and how much can you use it? The same questions could be asked for the rest of the new items, shitty or good.
Hooo boy this 3 months is going to take fucking ages to pass by. Capcom better not fuck this up or they're dead.

It will probably have a settings for private rooms. Why wouldn't it?

How? Again, the only point of graphics is to tell you what's going on in the game, and the previous titles did it just fine. If World's visuals are so bad you can't tell what's interactive and what isn't without magical glowing highlighting everything, they are objectively worse at doing what they're supposed to do than any of the previous titles. I'm not seeing anything that counters this point.

Too late.

Thanks for making it a webm, I'm not familiar enough with making webms to make a 24 minute video small enough to post.
I'm not a monhun veteran, I've only started since 4, but his justification for being able to run while healing is that you don't get loading screens to hide behind anymore. I don't think I've ever done that on purpose. It's easier and faster to heal between a monster's attacks than running to another area.
Drop in/out multiplayer is pretty bad because it means people who joined last minute would get the same rewards as someone who went through the whole fight. If they have player kicking as a feature, it could cause a shit show where players could kick others to bring in their friends near the end. This is something that GW2 had a lot of, and probably still has.
I'm okay with seamless maps and damage numbers for practicing so you can get a feel for what attacks do what. Weapon training areas and armor and weapon previews have been in the games for a while, so I'm not sure why he listed those as something new.

Not to mention that that was never an option in certain stages, plus that's a stupid argument when defending the game with multiple safe zones for free full healing in that can be teleported to freely.

He's a foreigner, he's probably never actually played Monster Hunter before.

People can only drop in when a hunter uses a flaregun which is a new item, so no worries about that. People cannot come and go all willy nilly like, its all up to you.

Is it worth going back to Tri if I haven't gotten too deep into Monster Hunter as a whole yet? It was my first, and I physically own 4U, but haven't gotten farther than a couple rounds with Testucabra when you first meet it. Plus I'm pretty far into Stories.

Who the hell actually does this? I've seen this point crop up again and again wherever there's discussion about healing in MHW. I don't ever recall anyone regularly doing this and I've been playing since Freedom. There are better, more convenient ways of healing safely, like canceling out the animation with a small barrel bomb.

I think it would be worth it to play Tri just to experience pre-nerf Barroth.

What about the other players?

Jesus Fucking Christ, if the Dauntless beta is anything to go by, normalfags are not ready for any kind of MH-like game.

This is one thing I never understood. Like I GET that normalfags might not be very skilled at the actual game, it takes some practice before things start to click and you start to understand how to take advantage of openings. But I just can't understand how a conscious breathing human being can play one of these and never figure out how to upgrade weapons and armor. Like holy shit nigger, that's half the fucking game.

The game even throws up a giant fucking red ! sign, and if you hit play, it gives you a "You're fucked unless you upgrade your shit" popup before it lets you in.

No, user, the monster hits and kills them because the developers are clearly, blatantly racist/nazi/sexist/elitist et al. conspiring against their current particular subgroup.
Don't you know the future of gaming is one where you can skip bossfights - and eventually any and all fights? fighting is for bullies anyway. I bet humans and monsters can get along if only you gave love a chance and stop enslaving and murdering them.
Get on the right side of history already!

The sad part is there are people who will think you are exaggerating this

So what does appealing to the west gets us besides the series getting casualized? Instead of cross overs with fun stuff like Ace Attorney or Jojo we get cross overs with generic TPS games that look extremely bland! This really is shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter™ game™
Just kill me now

>Horizon™ Zero™ DawnEAD ON ARRIVAL™ dyke™

Everytime I think World can't get more Western Dogshit…

Alright guys, don't forget to write to be buried with your psp and 3ds in your last letter, see you all in gensokyo!

Welp, that's something positive, at least. Game still plays like Dark Souls 2 with lag.

I was hoping this was fake. I wish Sony would stop shilling that shitty game.

So, did no one notice that theres going to be an open beta for the game on december 9th?

if it was on PC, it would be getting generals here to this very day. I mean, we still get fallout generals.

Just wanted to post this. It's PS4 only, though.

Hello satan, Im not really mad about that since I have a ps4, gonna try it out myself and see if its truly shit or not. I'm also kinda shocked because I thought Holla Forums would have gotten somewhat excited about finally getting to play the game. Yet there is no discussion about the demo and they are just autistically screeching about the horizon crossover thing in the other thread.

I forgot I was on Holla Forums for a good minute, we just want more shit to get mad about nowadays.

I'll be there, too. Rather excited, since so much is at stake. Maybe we'll get to meet each other.

At first I assumed you were an exceptionally stubborn shill but it occurs to me that you might actually be speaking honestly. You wouldn't happen to play as 'John' would you? I remember some time ago that there was a player by that name who was honest to god the least intelligent and most bafflingly stupid person I'd ever met, even compared to randoms online. I do hope you aren't because I genuinely believe he suffered from some kind of mental defect and it was just kind of sad, I wouldn't really wish that kind of thing upon anyone.

Either way, where exactly did you think you where when you said
Because it might not be a bad idea to go back there.

Nah, im not a shill or John, I just want to talk about videogames on a videogame board. Idk if you ever played with me before and I dont think that matters. I beleive that Im fairly good at MH, being that Im a pretty competent MH4U player and I also soloed MH3U all the way to Dire Miralis which took me about 250 hours to do.
I thought Holla Forums would be talking about the game being that theres a new trailer and all, also being thats what they did before, but I forgot that Holla Forums nowadays usually likes to scream and shout about inane bullshit and made a thread ONLY for the HZD promo set to cry about it.

*teleports infront of you*
There's no escape, pastarasta. :^)

MHTri for Wii/Dolphin, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP, it has an english patch floating around, or you could probably hunt down an already-patched version.

Now the HZD x MH thread turned into a general shitposting thread. Wew.

You double nigger!

Outside of more dedicated communities, I see almost nothing on mhworld. Has crapcuck already failed to get western normalfags on board?

It apparently requires you to pay about 500 yen for some sort of monthly subscription service to use it, so I doubt anyone gives a shit.

I really don't get the PC meme at all, to be honest.

If it were free, I'd give it a go, but fuck paying for it.

At this point, it's harder to find a non-Englishified version of the Portable 3rd HD ISO that works with PPSSPP. Everytime I find one it's the prepatched shit instead of one in proper Japanese.

Of course they have, Westerners were never going to bite unless the forces who own the West told them too.

Are you a britbong?

Haha, monster hunter is dead.

I am a Florida man.

This is nothing new to MH, they have been coporate shills with their dlc and events for capcom, nintendo, sega, square enix, universal japan and even fucking jojo. If you say MH is dead due to that, then its been dead since MH4.
This shit should have been expected by now, especially due to MH being on a sony console.

Jojo is good though.

Oh I may know you then, you were just regular stoner retarded. I've deleted my last post because it was too cruel to speak about another person that harshly when they don't deserve it, especially if they were actually mentally challenged in some way, it was childish of me to go that length.
Incidentally

Frankly, there was 'discussion' at 4, there was even 'discussion' about cross. People would get mad and a lot of the changes that were for the worst were still debatable to some degree, but underneath it all there was still a current of hope. Hope that capcom would tidy up their experimentations with 4 and tone down their 'celebration of the series' stunts they pulled in X, and an understanding that even with how different and questionable the changes were in 4 and X, that it was still largely the same game we've known and enjoyed. We've seen that world was already looking poor from the very start and even then people were still clinging to some thin thread of hope, but every single piece of new information has just been capcom driving another nail into the coffin.
There isn't any real anger to be had about whether you like the new features or not anymore, at this point, there's nothing left but a frustrated exasperation. The series is dead and as capcom has repeatedly shown it won't be bringing back anything after it's done fucking it; so any discussion left to be had about the series is just a matter of either the tasteless sorts of people that will latch onto anything new and that never really cared much for the series trying to pose their apathy as a 'voice of reason', or people who have enjoyed the series bewildered at how thoroughly and brutally capcom has managed to take every measure possible to make sure that monster hunter is over.
There isn't any room left for discussion on what will happen to monster hunter from here on, but congratulations to you if you're able to take some enjoyment from the slap to the face that is world.

Monster Hunter?
More like
Wesstern Hunter
Amirite or amirite?
I hope it's good actually looking forward to it

3 had a JoJo quest as well, for a Diamond is Unbreakable themed Hammer.

Pretty much this.

user just because you dont like it dosent mean that other people can't talk about it.

Please take the time to reflect on the meaning of these lines and propose another rebuttal;
>any discussion left' to be had about the series is just a matter of either
I'm responding both to your puzzling love of this marketing fiasco of a game as well as providing an explanation to your lack of understanding about the cause behind:

I don't know what you mean by "discussion" or why only 4u and x can have it but what I meant by
I meant that people will still talk about things whether you like it or not, whether the discussion is positive or not, whether the game is actually shit or not. You yourself posted reasons to have "discussions" about the game in your post.

The game looks like as if it still has some semblance of fun. From when I started the series with 3u I just wanted to beat the shit out of dragons with careful planning, quick thinking, strategy and what not. MHW still has what the other games have, but I will limit myself so I have as much fun with the gameplay as I did with the previous games. I think the old MH is as good as dead too so I want to see which direction the MH devs take the game if its still good. If its shit im dropping it, simple as that.
You can either accept that as my reason or just say that I have shit taste, simple as that.

A bunch of anons on Holla Forums loves to complain and shit on games at any chance they get, especially when taking the game out of context and usually not doing any research to see if what they claim is true or not. The same thing happened with "A hat in time" and some book talking about capitalism. I didnt really give a shit because I like playing games for their fun gameplay thats it, but the post blew up and people immediately started calling out the SJW boogieman.
Maybe im just being paranoid though. Maybe they just like the drama. Maybe im wrong.
Im just regular stoner retarded.

To be honest I think this shit is more appropriate than Link and Samus shit was. Bonezone looks kind of shitty from a "you have all this graphics power now and THIS is what you use it for?", but there were a few monster attacks in there that I liked.

Monster designs, not so much. They're all fucking trash except for fluff moth.

It doesn't though - it looks to drop all the careful planning, quick thinking, and strategy entirely.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you: I'm saying that you don't really care and because you don't really care when you're trying to say 'let's be reasonable' what you really mean is 'I don't give a shit'.
I'm also saying that people that do care are only making negative comments not out of some kind of cathartic expression of anger about minor annoying changes but out of shock and exasperation for how deep the capcom rape dungeon goes. That's why this isn't discussion anymore, people can still post all they want about it whatever the case.
Maybe the terms 'denial, bargaining and acceptance' might suit the point a little better than 'anger, discussion and exasperation', although that's a rather gross exaggeration to make of the reaction to a video game series dying.

Wow you just sound like a hater, this truly is shaping up to be the best monster hunter yet!
LOOK AT THE PAID ADVERTISEMENTS FOR OTHER GAMES AND GREAT TIE-IN PRODUCTS.
Are you ready for the hunt with the new Razor™ Monster Hunter™ Headphones?

Where the fuck do you newfags keep coming from?

This thing is MALE.

M A L E .

oh who am I kidding, you'd still fuck it

Even if World turns out to be an enjoyable game and successful full stop, it'll ultimately be the death of Monster Hunter. The franchise will continue to exist, but some kind of other game will be wearing its gory hide, vaguely pretending to be Monster Hunter.

Normalfag marketing is literally killing videogames, marxist kikes are probably envious.

It doesn't though

It drops all sense of danger when having to heal. As far as quick thinking just memorize which ENVIRONMENTAL TRAPS you can use.

Dude, this shit is at least organic instead of all the machine shit from zero dawn.

healing isn't instance, if you got hit, it wont fully heal you. Environmental traps required precise timing and you have to lure it there

sure

While wearing super advanced high-tech bird alien armor, which is what the crossover included instead of anything organic.
Meanwhile, the crossover with Horizon: Zero Interest focuses on the flesh-and-blood protagonist and leaves out the machine-y bits (with the exception of the Palico armor, which is always gimmicky and silly anyway).

Which is still a casualization because you can just stroll the fuck away from a diablos burrow attack.
Footage has proven that not all environmental traps require any input from the player at all.

to me, this actually looks more visually appealing than worlds, dunno why

actually, I do know why, tri had charm, interesting animations, and colour. meanwhile MH:W looks like a grey and brown mess with neon fucking bugs that take up 99% of screen whenever you look anywhere. Fuck the autists who think that more polygons = prettier game

MonHun was going to be on a much larger scale looking at the early designs. You can tell they had a lot of fun going all out with their ideas.

Makes you wonder about what could have been if they had been able to do everything they wanted to.

Tbh thats probably what theyre doing with world.
Even though world has a bunch of new shit, I still want a bunch of weapons/armor/monsters from the artbooks, especially due to the fact that they look beautiful and would probably be as fun as fug to fight. Its kind of a shame that they were never included for some reason.
Is capcom to blame for that???

Why the fuck would you even think that's whats happening.
Nothing reflects that unless that, the game reeks of "wider audience appeal" with no actual innovation.

If that's the case, it means the games were only ever good by accident and/or because of hardware restrictions.

It absolutely does.

Healing is still instant, they just made the animation work like it did back in 2nd gen where it looks like it takes time. Environmental traps don't require any timing at all and always automatically work on the monsters.

One thing I found is that limitations often force inventive compromise. Can't have huge high def environments? Then put he details into smaller sports so the player knows they can interact with it. But an uneducated dumbass who has no concept of player signals or gameplay function who end up focusing on spectacle instead of mechanics.

I can't wait for video game makers to stop marketing to the West forever.

archive.is/e6CVO

>monsters fucking incapable of taking two steps without stumbling into vine-covered trees
To be fair, you have to be quite Intelligent™ to trap monsters in Monster Hunter World™.

That's not a Jojo reference.

After the west falls, I guess they will market to China even more than they do now.

Look at his hat, it is.

A ragged hat is nothing special with banchos, it's trope.

Nigger that DLC was specifically jojo themed.

Nah Jew.

There won't be any lootboxes in MHW.
gamespot. com/articles/monster-hunter-world-devs-weigh-in-on-loot-boxes/1100-6454539/

The devs also confirmed earlier that there wont be any payed dlc, just free DLC like before.
The MH devs are appealing to a wider audience but it seems that they havent been bent over and fucked cooporate wise when it comes to jew practices in vidya.
Also who wants to make a squad when the game comes out?

Can someone give me a list of all the things wrong with MHW?

Will it be the next WEWW?

The handler is a tranny you can never escape from.

If you're playing on PS, we could all make a veta group and see if the game is shit

China's also west from video games.

Even if that one wasn't, the DLC from 3G where you fight a Brachy and can make a Crazy Diamond Hammer absolutely was.

Off the top of my head:

No longer having to commit to many actions you had to in the past (most commonly cited examples being the ability to run while using items and shooting Bowguns)
No more village quests, and monsters are scaled to number of players so if you're playing solo you can't fight them at their proper health
Dumbed down Armor Skills - even a single point is enough to trigger skills so you get stuff no matter what you wear, and no more minus skills
Super powered "cloak" items that give the player buffs that can even be equivalent to what would've been a full set of G Rank armor in Armor Skills on top of what they already had.
Multiple base camps you can teleport freely to
Being able to swap out equipment and restock items freely midhunt.
Monsters will often attack each other and ignore the Hunters, leaving them easy targets during the animations and doing tons of damage/incapacitation to one another
Environmental traps that do tons of damage/incapacitation to the monsters, some of which are triggered by the Hunter and some of which just happen when the monster walks into them on their own
Freely floating full heal bugs
The combination of the auto-gathering and auto-combining systems means that without directly going back to the base camps to refill your potion stock you'll get more potions just by running around the map blindly anyway
Even more obnoxiously story-focused than 4 was
Ugly moe
Graphics that do a worse job of telling you what's interactive than any previous title

Overall, it's being specifically designed not for MonHun fans, but for Western normalfags. Also check pics for some insights from other Anons.

I made a mistake and hopped on faceberg the check what the normalfags think of MH, everyone is sucking the games dick, saying how "They're tried of the 240p bullshit that was MH on handhelds" and that they're "ready for real graphics on real consoles now" I've seen like 2 comments saying that they're afraid the game will be too easy, all the replies were basically, "Good, dont buy it we dont want toxic people playing the game with us"
Why are normalfags the worst people

I hate this timeline

There's gonna be paid DLC just not on release. Look at the wording

NO

From what I've seen it's the opposite - people get carried in multiplayer to the point you can do G Rank without learning how even something as basic as Armor Skills work.

No it's not. Why do people keep describing it as an RPG?

I like how they just outright admit they're too stupid to learn how to play a game they've never played before.

Which were being made more and more obvious since 3rd gen and which you'd have to be an idiot to not be able to figure out.

Oh this damage control

Welcome to the target audience of World

It has numbers and the numbers get bigger. That means it's an RPG.
Half the time the guild gal or another NPC will outright tell you which quests you need to do, and the other half of the time, it's whatever large monster you haven't fought yet. XX even started marking some of them as key quests in their name, with "Airboat Power Up!" ("龍識船強化!"). If they're somehow legitimately too retarded to realize "The NPC told me to go kill a Gendrome, and now I have a quest for a Gendrome, and there aren't any other new monsters I can fight; maybe I should go kill a Gendrome", they can do whatever looks important or just make guesses at what is and isn't a key quest, and they'll probably get it right. Are there seriously that many people who can't figure out what to do even when they're being told what to do?
Oh. Right.

It looks like some sort of bizarroverse bootleg Teostra. I like its design, other than the colorscheme clashing a lot (probably because it's concept art and not a final design), and the descriptions are cool. Some of the early concepts are more fantastical, mentioning and showing magic, or monsters that look supernatural. One thing that stands out to me about MH is how it seems to purposefully avoid magic as much as possible, treating anything that appears to be magic as lost, forgotten technology we don't understand, and the only supernatural stuff being some ambiguously true folktales about Fatalis. It's weird to imagine how different the series could have been.

I swear to god one of these days someone is going to entirely unironically describe the original Super Mario Bros. as an RPG because of this logic and people will agree with them. I hate the world sometimes.

Fuck that guy

user did you remind them of how hard the game is actually supposed to be? I saw more gameplay of the electric gray squirrel thing and it would bounce around and tear the journos up. Some guy carted to it twice and he was a series veteran. This game needs to filter the normalfags with a good load of casual filters, maybe they wont be calling us toxic, but once they reach high-rank let alone g-rank they will start complaining about why the game isnt inclusive enough instead and never finish it. I can see why the MH devs did the streamlining that they did though.
Fuck I want MHW to hurt these peoples pride so much, just like how cuphead did, and that may just happen, some journos are calling it darksouls already.

When it comes to faceberg, best case scenario is that the faceberg cucks are almost all massive casuals who wont be able to even beat the first monster. It happens to people anywhere, even one guy on Holla Forums couldnt beat the great maccao, which is basically the tutorial monster.

I watched another interview, they said that they will still have free dlc.

I mean, normalfags seriously think that Dark Souls is a difficult game, and normalfags think that any game where you lose more than a tiny bit of your healthbar when you take a hit is Dark Souls.

True that. I don't talk to normalfags about dark souls though, let alone want to. Usually they just play overwatch nowadays.

My brother, he is so normalfag that he came into my room to set up my ps3 in order to play out of all the games i have The Last of Us luckily it was only the manual on there. He doesnt even know what darksouls even is.
There is still hope for my neice though, she reminds me of myself when I was younger pretty fucking autistic, too bad I cant play mh4u with her because she cant read.

there isn't a G-rank though you mong

No G-Rank.

But Dark Souls isn't a hard game.

MHWU fams.

Thats what the journos say, not me.

Remove the West, zero nukes weren't enough.

Holy shit, and the shill argument was that the healing was slow so it balances out? Because it's way too fucking fast to do that.

In the some of the new stuff coming from peoples vacation to japan to see the game has them standing still to heal. Did they change it or are the westerns playing just so dumb they stand still anyway?

Some people were speculating that moving while healing was an armour skill so maybe that is what it is?

I still think that's one of the least Monster Hunter looking Monsters they've ever made, and that's including everything from Frontier. It looks like something from fucking Toukiden.

ATTENTION LADS

I'm making an 8ch 3DS chart because the 4cuck one is too filled up with garbage.
Which Monhun games for the 3DS would you want to be put on it, and if you'd like to say why, or why one shouldn't be put on it, feel free to say so here!

MH4U/3U. Generations and XX are games that mainly fans will like(still solid picks)

Make sure that for at least 3G you specify the JP one, since the NA/EU one was Easy Moded

4U and Gen feature online support. 3U has no online play through 3DS and Gen was half assed.
4U > XX > 3U > Gen

Eh, I don't hate XX, but I'd definitely put 3G above it.

Disregard the others, 3rd gen best gen.

I'm up for it. Might also be a good idea to stick together on release until HR, since most people will probably give up before reaching it, and if I see another comparison with Dark Souls I'm going to have an aneurysm.

what's up with the lack of returning monsters in MH:W, we have what Rathian, Rathalos, and Barroth? Another thing, why do all the new monsters look the same, all of em are just dinosaurs with bland colours.

so it'll fight right in with the other ps4 games

Thats the thing though if its streamlined for casuals you get more sales.
These are the players that will buy world, the same people who bought Generations and still fucking sucked at it.
im too drunk and too angry after putting up with these fucking reddit tier casual fag+Clueless normal fags in my rooms, serisoly post a Double 140 Jang and watch them fucking leave. They don't even care and just assume that its normal to fucking fail consistenly where a serious invested team can shit on a monster in less than 7 minsutes.
Fuk KOnchus

we have also have lavasioth and uragaan reskins

I was hoping for more invertebrate monsters. Nerscylla and the Seltases have been among my favorite new monsters in the 4th generation. The poofy bat is the only new one in World that looks interesting so far.

Quality of life improvements are almost entirely tied to interface. It's cutting down on the extraneous tedium that doesn't belong to the game proper. Inventory stack management, better UI, menus that calculate indicate your DPS those are QOL. It's shit that lets you enjoy the game.
"Multiple base camps with fast travels between them", "tracking bugs to easily find monsters" isn't letting you enjoy the game. It's fundamentally changing the entire aspect of monster hunter that is having to run around while the monster wanders around so you take time finding it.

Does anyone remember how to unlock the Rare 9 Village hats in MHXX?

Thanks anons, I'll probably end up adding all of them in, except maybe Generations. I hate asking this but what would you give it out of 10 if you had to?

I'd give generations a solid 6-7/10 while other monster hunters are usually a 7-8/10

That's what I don't get, quality of life isnt being able to fast travel all over the map, or being able to move while drinking, or being able to change your armour while on a hunt, that shit changes the game, MHX/Gen had huge quality of life improvements, being able to drop off non quest items in the red box and being able to hold down A to gather were amazing ideas.
Capcom looks like they're doing everything in their power to fuck this ip up

At least lootboxes have been confirmed to not happen.
However monsters can now drop items that your webslinger can pick up and shoot for a guaranteed stumble.

Thats not my biggest concern.

Did anybody find out if dungbombs are back in the game? The monster infighting gimmick got old pretty quickly and I would prefer to not be in an absolute shitshow for half of a hunt.

I still thing Lao Shang Lung is the best giant monster in the series and is a fun fight imo. No other monster has given me that sense of awe when you first run head first into Lao only see how fucking tiny you are in comparison.

I enjoyed Atral Ka more, but I'm a huge faggot for giant machines, and the fortress armor it summons up hits that as close as you can in MonHun

Nah. I would touch that fluffy tail, though.

Jesus christ you hit the nail on the head.

also, screencapped for anyone who bitches about quality of life.

Thanks now if only the people defending World were actually literate

Apperantly MH:W will have squads, essentially guilds, you can make a logo, give it a name, and host sessions with only your squad. Actually a really neat feature, and a proper quality of life improvement.
However, I also found something else out, this isnt news for most, but gunner armour is no longer going to be a thing, which is actually really depressing in my opinion. With every step forward Capcom makes, they take two back.

sounds neat even though i'm a solo hunter since mh1. i tried playing with others a few times but it messed with my rhythm and was an overall annoying experience.
kek, they think getting hit once and dying will be too hard for the west?

They probably didn't have time to make assets for both blademasters AND gunners. I doubt there's going to be more than 12-15 large monsters too, since EVERYTHING is new assets and they can't just copypaste like they've been doing for the last 10 years.

I expect MHW to have less content than a typical "High Rank" release. Now usually I'd say "wait for the inevitable MHWU" or whatever the G-Rank version is, but the way Capcom has been moving lately I wouldn't be surprised if they just tried to do it all with paid DLC instead.

yeah, that makes sense, but still, it feels a little weird not having proper gunner armour

yeah, not sure exactly how it'll work, but to me it seems like overall, gunners are getting a huge defense boost when compared to previous games. Essentially how it works is each piece of armour has your normal defense and stats like they do in all the other MH games, but now, if you equip a ranged weapon you get better elemental resistance, and if you equip a melee weapon, you just get better defense

Trips of truth.
That quest was a royal pain in the arse. Pun intended

The whole point of gunner armor is not getting hit while shitting DPS and generally being the guy everyone wants to be in their room due to faster hunts.
The second you take away the low armor for high damage aspect you get a shitter free for all as everyone starts gunning and blademasters get cragged and clustered out the wazoo while they still ignore crit distance and think they are holding a glorified sniper rifle.

MHW criticism, no shilling:

If only the shills obeyed when you told them that, huh.