Metal Max Xeno

I thought this series died after the 4th game sold poorly and they went mobile but apparently Metal Max is back with another non mobileshit spin-off. This time it's set in NIPPON and you play as the Japan's last two virigins. Muh declining birthrates propaganda in muh vidya now as well.

archive.is/Jbhc7

If you haven't checked out this series, here's a chart for you. In short it's an open ended exploration focused JRPG series set in post apocalyptic deserts featuring vehicle customization.

Fucking yes. Loved MM4 and it could be best rpg on 3ds. Is it true same team is making Xeno then it will be another master piece. Don't know why it's made for sony but I have both platforms so no problem. They will still abuse dlc like last time. Everyone is shilling shitty games like persona and xenoblade and don't know the best game is here. Not sure if it will be worse and less content because of better graphics though.

I know what I am doing today. Thanks mate.

Trailer just came out.

looks great. Graphics better than I thought. Hopefully content will be as much as MM4 but I fear they will abuse dlcs. MM4 had waifus and homes that you can edit not sure about the rest of series. This might forced my hand to get switch to soon but it was for PS4 which I have so not bad.

Dumping some screenshots. I'd like to see Kadokawa try bringing this one west, but we'll see.

First trailer is here.

PC port?

Why is this chart missing the NES game? (which was fully translated btw)

Kind of wish the description for Metal Max Returns there was properly centered with the entries beneath it.

Considering how Metal Saga got such a hit-or-miss reaction out here when it came west (and I don't think it sold well either if availability where I live is any indication), to the point neither Atlus nor anyone else has seen fit to bring over subsequent titles, I doubt this one will be coming over either.

Both entries do mention the original games within them, but I would assume it uses Metal Max Returns as the header instead of just MM1 because MMR overrides it? Strikes me as the same logic for Metal Max 2: Reloaded being the title for the second, and not just MM2.

Metal Max isn't dead? Neat. Hope this isn't shit.

With the PS4 version it's more possible than a handheld only game. If it's as expansive and open as the previous games it could do well on PC. It's the kind of thing X-Seed would translate too.

No, but MM2 SFC's translation might as well be, given how AG hasn't updated in over two years on fucking anything.

Metal Max is one of the handful of classic JRPG series that's kept on trucking. For some people out here it might not seem all that current, or perhaps for some not even that old (assuming they don't know the history and think Metal Saga is its own unique IP) since we've only ever officially gotten Metal Saga back in 2006, and the only one with a finished translation patch, as far as I'm aware, being MMR. So as far as English playability goes it's been a mere two games out of nine, soon to be ten, games and versions (not counting mobile/browser/MMO shit). Seems kind of odd that there's been little actual finished effort to fan-translate the games, while Data-Easts other JRPG series, Glory of Heracles, now has every entry playable in English.

If Xseed wanted to pick it up, it makes me wonder what the series rights out here are. Assuming they didn't pick up only the rights to Metal Saga, would Atlus still be sitting on them and need to be convinced to sell, or might the rights now be free-for-all and anyone could make Kadokawa (and/or Cattle Call, given they developed 3 and 4) an offer?

Speaking of which, has it been said who's doing the development on Xeno yet? Asking since I know the series has changed development hands/been a collaboration in the past since Data-East's fall.

The director of Xeno is Hiroshi Miyaoka who is one of the original creators of the series.

I hope this game does really well so that they tinker with the idea of translating the other games because I fucking love metal saga

Looks pretty rad. I'll start looking into the older entries, since I don't have a PS4/Vita.

First we gotta get Xeno translated though. I might as well start by sending a message to xseed's twitter about them considering translating it.

is that some sort of metal max mango?
also I'd sincerely hope they port this to the west because tank-based jrpgs is exactly what the genre needs

I doubt at this point that the earlier games would get official English releases, unless they were to be ported or remade (again). Though, if Xeno does come here and do better than Saga did in reception, it could spur more interest in fan-translations of the ones we're missing. Could even get AG off his ass if enough people pester him (assuming he doesn't just insta-block anyone that does, the way I recall his twatter used to have a warning about).

Reverse searching just suggests it's an image from a Pixiv artist, though it could well be part of a fan made comic or something. Wikipedia does say that Metal Max has seen a few actual manga though:

It's from a pixiv artist that does Metal Max inspired doujinshi

Metal Max is one of the handful of classic JRPG series that's kept on trucking. For some people out here it might not seem all that current, or perhaps for some not even that old (assuming they don't know the history and think Metal Saga is its own unique IP) since we've only ever officially gotten Metal Saga back in 2006, and the only one with a finished translation patch, as far as I'm aware, being MMR. So as far as English playability goes it's been a mere two games out of nine, soon to be ten, games and versions (not counting mobile/browser/MMO shit). Seems kind of odd that there's been little actual finished effort to fan-translate the games, while Data-Easts other JRPG series, Glory of Heracles, now has every entry playable in English.