You're given full creative control over your favorite IP, no matter if it's dead or not...

You're given full creative control over your favorite IP, no matter if it's dead or not. You can make one game and dedicate as much personnel as the company can afford, but there's a big catch: it can only make a game for Mobile.

How do you make a good version of that game? The company also allows you not to pull the usual scam and grab techniques like with gems and the like.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamebrew.org/wiki/NetHackDS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I make a real game for the Switch since it's a fucking android tablet and basically indistinguishable from "mobile" from a hardware standpoint.

I cancel it immediately

So basically just release kirby on mobile then? And make him pixelated again.

tiddy clicker

Isometric Fallout game.

Battlefront 2 for mobile.

With working online multiplayer.

Well there was that shitty RPG. But that was generic as hell, although I didn't expect that take on the franchise. The problem with mobile games is that there are very few options for making a satisfying game to play on a platform with such awful input options.

Fuck it, I'd make it an artillery game. Doom: Revenge of the Rocketeer. Main weapon would be the rocket launcher, but others could be included too. You could have fun callbacks like explosive barrels that help you complete objectives and teleporter pads. The levels would vary in the objective necessary to beat. At least then I could make the violence look satisfying and actually do level design.

What's your idea, brainlet?

What's wrong with kirby, but on mobile?

As graphics processing power is quite low on smartphones, I was hoping with the Fallout game that there would be more attention to writing than graphics or the need for voiced actors. Fallout 2 was… what 600MB? There's games on mobile that dwarf that in comparison. Imagine a game like Fallout 2 but maybe 2GB in size. Would be great for a mobile game.

I would just make my dream game, which would be absolutely unplayable on mobile. Unfortunately the fully commented and open source of the game originally developed with PC in mind is right there in the open, hopefully nobody compiles Windows and Linux versions and distributes them over the internet.

>Rez is controlling the internet via Streaming the games Gex enters
>The final boss with Rez is battling him as he streams his fight, using both the 2nd person camera to determine where to go

Essentially the same Gex but used as a timestamp of 2010s rather than the 90's

I'd just make a Sonic Mania sequel but with an original story and levels. Mobile is no problem because Classic Sonic is one of the few games works on mobile without sacrificing depth.

It sounds like my only option is making Devil may cry 4 Refrain Special edition

I kinda like that idea. Maybe add satirical versions of cyberspace turned into platformer levels.
Pirate Bay is a beach level, facebook is a campus, wikipedia is a library, etc

i take full creative control of the EA sports franchise and indefinitely delay the creation of the next game

actually I'm not quite sure if i can call EA sports a franchise
if i can't then I do it to madden, football could stand to die off anyway

Do portable consoles count as mobile?

Pokemon dating simulator.

I'd make a Lufia spin-off involving time travel. Overworld will still use the step-by-step movement. However I'm going to experiment with a grid battle system. Depending on positioning and how far away the actors are from their target it could quicken or delay actions. Taking the "enemies move when you do" concept to combat.

Combat is divided into six second rounds where all actors act at once but their priority is noted bia initiative. This opens up complexity with triggers for abilities and reactions, interrupts, etc. Rounds can even go into overtime where combatants sacrifice their time in the next round to complete an action that would last slightly longer than the round.

GUI is touch menus, which is doable on mobile.

The game is a throwback to Daggerfall - it's only in 1st Person, with no option for moving into 3rd Person. The game would be designed to play in landscape mode with the layout shown in the Oekaki.

Movement would be done using the little thing in the bottom left corner, while turning the camera would be done by using the one in the bottom right corner. To perform combat, you would swipe the screen, just like swiping the mouse to strike in Daggerfall - Vertical swipes are more accurate, Horizontal are more damaging, Diagonal are a middleground.

The bottom part would be the menus, which you could up as needed - character, rest, maps, etc.

The game would focus mostly on dungeon crawling. So sort of like what Shadowkey was going for, except for much broader in scale - at least as large as one of the main-line TES games - and looking much better because, you know, it's been a long ass time.

The game would let you import portraits for your character in the bottom corner, and the equipment screen would be designed in such a way that you could either use character models made in-game or a "blank" sort for whatever you made. The premise would be for normalfags to put pictures of their own retarded faces, but in reality, it would be so real human beans could still play futa lolis even without futa or loli mods.

Further, there would be a construction kit, so you could design dungeons (basically making them out of Daggerfall blocks and shit) and then upload them to be downloaded. Not sure how the whole thing would be incorporated, but somehow, C0DA would make it canon.

Take the original Diablo
Make 30 further levels deeper with new loot.
Give it a new coat of paint to look a bit more modern
Take a bath in the millions of dollars coming in.

Cyberpunk 2077
i want to actually release it.

It'd be like Hitman Go, but with a naked femboy in a cardboard box.
Completing extra challenges unlocks pinups with highly detailed renderings of Raiden's bare boy butt.

I wouldn't waste the Sonic Mania successor by having it be designed around mobile. I'd just have Taxman and Stealth finish embed related while implementing features from Sonic 3 Complete then have Sega of Europe port all the mobile versions to PC

Follow me, I am the Trump of Star Wars.

Put a bunch of resources into making a controller attachment for the game available in every purchase, and put resources towards making that controller universally usable for all mobile games through our companies app.

Seriously why aren't controller attachments for mobile devices a thing?

I'd being back Fire Emblem to the style of the old games back when it was good. It being mobile sucks but I'm sure you could get a FE like SS to run on a phone

I make a game that costs so much it ruins the company, preferably in several to ten billion dollar budget, is so bad that no one wants to play it, but everyone plays it anyway because it's addictive and easy like that pokemon go garbage. Obviously it has microtransactions that automatically plug into your phone's payment plan and/or credit card and continue sucking it off until you explicitly tell the bank not to accept payments without telling the players that it does that. Then when my multibillion dollar tire fire gets millions of fans worldwide, I just jack up the prices until I suck them dry of their money and cause suicides spike world wide. Then I will lobby, with all my earnings, to ban video games citing my video game as the biggest humanitarian crisis caused by consumers ever and the world will finally be a happier place when the motion passes.

Patenting an easy to configure usb joystick for android that would include Wario World 2 in some way or another.

Make a new Fallout game, but to make it mobile friendly turn it into a text adventure. The lore is saved and allows for the great Dynamics the series is know for to survive.

I'd make the only way to control it with a controller, and make the game pretty much super smash bros. Melee with updated graphics

This is the only valid option. Mobile is pure cancer.

There is no idea, this is a shit thread that's almost datamining-tier.

The only thing I can think of would be to create a very nice 2D game specifically made for whatever would be the strongest phone in terms of processing power and screen size and quality, like whatever shit samsung is pushing out these days. It would basically only be available for people autistic enough to buy one of those android vidya "things" like the shield or w/e the others are called.
Only thing I can think of to make it worth a damn. It'd probably be a metroidvania. Either that, or a JRPG. Even then it still would disgust me to make it for a mobile device, but JRPGs and SRPGs are probably the genres that translate best to mobile to be honest.

Basically I can just make mgs peace walker again? Fine by me

Silent Hill
Google Cardboard
Junji Ito, Masahiro Ito, Hiroyuki Owaku, Akira Yamaoka, and maybe Kojima+DelToro.
Back to the days of SH1-4 but in first person, no gimmicks.
Compatibility with a wide range of bluetooth controllers and includes a secondary app that allows you to use a second phone as a controller in case you don't want to buy a new controller as well as a small extra scenary like born from a dream from silent hill 2 that allows you to wander around a more open version of the town exploring it's backstory (taking the opportunity to retcon the map back into it's pre-Homecoming form, maybe allowing local 2-player).

VR isn't a gimmick

VR is the definition of a gimmick.

Minecraft already has a mobile version

It isn't a gimmick if HTC and valve are swimming in profits.

No, it still is.

It isn't a gimmick if HTC and valve are swimming in profits.

No, it still is.

If that's the definition you're going with then mechanical keyboards are gimmicks.

Yes and?

Would you rather play with a rubber keyboard or mechanical?

I can tell you right now I'd rather use a monitor and keyboard than VR and wagglan.

Don't knock it until you try it.

I will knock that shit right the fuck off.

Nigger, you REALLY shouldn't knock it until you've tried it.

Well maybe I would if it had anything worth playing and didn't cost more than a brand new console. Were I to get a headset there is literally one thing I would use it with right now.

But user my favorite IPs have already been resurrected as phone games and shitty switch only games. I am pretty much dead.

You're trying way too hard

Fair enough. VR's still in the early stages so shit's expensive. You really should see about giving the Vive a try though, there are plenty of demos out there.

VR kids are out in full force

git gud
Unless if you want to get an omnidirectional treadmill, or just play a better game with out telegay.
Most computers are controlled by CIAniggers anyway.

No, VR is a display option, not a gimmick.

does 3ds count as mobile?
because I would stab a bloke for nethack on 3ds

City of Heroes. I don't make a game, instead I dig up the source code for the game and the servers that I now own and release it to the public for people to make private servers.

I suppose I could make a Statesman mobile beat em up after that's done. I suppose that'd be cool, but it's all secondary to the code.

If you have a DS piracy cart, you can.

gamebrew.org/wiki/NetHackDS

well I've been putting off getting one for too long anyways thanks user

You really are the trump of star wars
still better that the current state of affairs

I'd like to derail my own thread because I've just seen some guy gush on it without explaining much of its charm at all (other than it was greatly optimized). As someone who never experienced, how was it?

The main things I remember is the character creator which was the best I've seen of any MMO, and the community which was just full of nice people who were passionate about the game. It also had constant free updates that these days would be called expansion packs.

It was a passion project, and you could tell. Then NCSoft killed it; they killed it so that it wouldn't threaten Guild Wars 2. The community would probably come back if a private server came out. But NCSoft has that under lock and key. They won't even sell the IP to the guys who actually ran the servers.

I suppose I'm seeing it through rose tinted glasses though, it's still a pre-WoW mmorpg, and probably still has a lot of mmo problems. But the community didn't deserve this, they had their game slaughtered for next to no reason, NCSoft wouldn't sell the rights to anyone, not even the actual team who used to run it. Then in the depths of their despair, they run headfirst into the Golden Age of Kickstarter scams, with I wanna say like 6 projects pitching themselves as "A spiritual successor to CoH" popping up, and the grieving community dumping loads of money into them all.

None of them ever went anywhere. All that's ever been cracked from old code was just enough to make Paragon Chat, which is just the character creator and an empty world. People still hold vigils for when it was shut down and costume contests.

My favourite IP is Snatcher it really wouldn't be too difficult to adapt to that format.

My biggest worries would be keeping the plot and setting as interesting as the original game, and maintaining the same standards of art.

You have to go back.

VR without wagglan would be nice.

Don't you mean SNATCHER?

Oh, don't I know it. Imagine VR just being used for the display, with minor look-around tracking for moving your head. I don't get sick from using WASD when viewing 3D shit. I did that with the LCD shutter glasses deal with Cowadoody or something at a MicroCenter YEEEAAAARS ago, and having depth perception and WASD was no big deal. Fuck, do people get sick using the wheel and pedals in their cars, even though they're not walking or making large movements?

Goddamn genetic inferiors.

I would purposely include malicious code that bricks the device.

My decision would be, Bayonetta Pinball for iOS and Android it is then.

I've never played mobile games before and barely know how to use a phone so I might not have a good idea of how the controls work.

Dark Souls
Overhead 2D unironically pixel art Boss Rush
Hold your thumb on your guy and drag to move him around. Swipe while moving to roll. Tap to attack.
The telegraphs on boss attacks and your own ability to move is tuned for the controls, so you have less animation delay than Dark Souls normally has in order to compensate for it being tough to switch between attacking and moving.
You can pick out different builds in the menu, typical shit. Not sure if there would be a progression system.
Can add more bosses later.

Sound pretty fun actually.

"i'm a lazy executive who pretends to be one of you to harvest ideas"

or
or

All of those could work on mobile out of the box.

Okay, let's take Mega Man, give it its natural aspect ratio so the buttons on the screen don't cover up the gameplay.

Take some cues from mega Maker and make the weapons ahve various interesting ultility purposes to bypass certain parts of levels or access secrets, akin to stuff like the Super Adapter.

Inveset a lot of money on making great music and then let's get a bunch of researchers in there to try to develop the most interesting and dynamic bosses we can. I'm talking let's get people to talk about these boss fights like they do Dark Souls.

eliminate lives. You can leave a level whenever you feel overwhelmed, but if you do, you got to start from the beginning next time you try it. challenge comes not from being punished for failing over and over, but from being able to figure things out to progress.

I actually feel kinda odd about my favorite IP (Xenogears/Saga) because all the criticisms against it are 100% true, but that doesn't stop me.

If I had a choice of what to force onto mobile, probably LittleBigPlanet: the console games were already extremely microtransaction friendly, and making users buy new editor features (full 3D, Graffiti Kingdom style customization) one by one would drown me in shekels.

So, Diablo: The Hell mod with a visual upgrade?