RTS Thread - Spooky Scary Skeleton Edition

Considering Halloween is coming up anons what are the best RTS games that let you churn out legions of skeleton warriors? Dare we have Dungeon Keeper discussion?

Other urls found in this thread:

illwinter.com/dom5/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/28362785/
archive.is/j7ime
archive.is/hhV4l
faforever.com/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roadhousegames.lotb
humblebundle.com/strategy-sim-bundle
time.is/UTC
steamcommunity.com/id/Chaosyourgod/
moddb.com/mods/doc-tgc
archive.is/CtuSj
archive.is/j8NxO
mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Installing/Updating_Myth_II
dropbox.com/s/575zlde6g56fi92/Myth2_Install.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A matter of life and death was a meh album at best

the cover is still pretty cool tho

Warlords: Battlecry.
Warcraft 3.

And… uh… shit
I can name more TBS than RTS with undead units.

Oh! Dark Omen and some total war mods. Total Warhammer too.
They're not traditional RTS though.

Agreed, better than Dance of Death and Book of Souls, Final frontier kinda comes close on 2nd

Do Necrons count as undead ?

Vampire counts were cool, also Vlad > Mannfred

Not RTS but…

It was the last somewhat decent Maiden album.

Did War for the Overworld ever improve?

I love Assault Bots. Do you love Assault Bots?

Dominions 5 soon

I wish the multiplayer wasn't email-based.
It's sad to see this game rotting in my library.

Why do they keep doing this, stop trying to take my money, Illwinter. What will be new in it?

At least 3 new nations
battle system is overhauled, it's now everyone does their move at once so all mages fire off at the same time, supposedly it's pretty good
Bless effects have been completely overhauled
new movement rules
new recruitment rules
illwinter.com/dom5/

assault bots aren't shit

WHAT DID YOU SAY NIGGA?!

*unstealths behind your base*

nothing personal kiddo

Your fat spider will evaporate before it can get out of the water

also didn't we already do this before?

Total warhams, play vampire lords and spook the world to death

No. I don't role play much

rawr I'm a dinosaur

I could swear

Hey guys whats goin on? We fighting or something?

WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?! IN WHAT DIMENSION DID THE CYBRAN BECOME SO LOW?

no one likes you

GAME OVER, GOYIM!

tbh

Undead units supply slowers but can be supplied anywhere on the map compared to other races. Makes hunting down companies and killing them utterly hard when they can run and hide.

Heroes of Annihilated Empires lets you literally drown your opponents in skeletons, because the game is basically fantasy Cossacks.
As a side note, Dungeons 3 is pretty good, even if the humour is cringey at times.

Reminds me of that Dominions 3 thread where a guy fed this giant undead beast so much it just kept eating everything.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/28362785/

Is it made by the same people who made Total Annihilation? Or am I thinking of a different game?

No. It's made by the same people who made Cossacks and American Conquest.

I can think of Age of Mythology, Heroes of Annilihated Empires, Dungeon Keeper, Warlords:Battlecry, Total Warhammer, Warcraft but not much else. Battle for Middle Earth might have had them but can't remember

He can redirect tactical nukes back to sender

Also
please continue

There's a few decent tracks that I really like. "last decent maiden album" is disingenuous, because Book of Souls exists.

All I can think of now is an Iron Maiden themed RTS.

SupCom would unquestionably be the greatest RTS of all time if it had skellies.

Fund it.

Come to think of it wasn't there an RTS with Jack Black in it a long time ago?

Yes, there was. Brutal Legend. However,
and
should speak for itself.

archive.is/j7ime

I've been getting into Supreme Commander lately with a couple of guys I know IRL. It's pretty great.

It's gonna be End of Nations all over again, isn't it?

I hope,didn't have such luck with Dawn of War 3
Hopefully Sega doesn't just throw the IP under the bus after watching how Total WaWa did well and actually amke a good fucking game with it.

it's a very solid gayme tbh

I remember that I think, any new news?

they're not that worthy tbh. have to keep them on the sea coast to be useful and cybran sea isn't the greatest

SEGAY will likely take tighter control of development if they ever make DoWIV and tell them to basically eithe remake DOW I or DOW II.

Very accurate pic.

Its not even that hard
Just make DoW1 with only slightly better visuals and add the cover mechanics of DoW2 and balance shit out.
Why is this hard, fucking Total WaWa is only slightly visual better than its predecessors, panders to a new audience without trying to catch an already existing one and its printing them money.

NuRelic

Most of the talent was probably laid off in 2012
It certainly fits with the timeframe in which they went to shit.
Space Marine was also fucking shit and the faggots here who defend it should be gassed

Forgot source
archive.is/hhV4l

space marine is competent and the who like it only like it for the multiplayer

So is my dick, and I still don't get laid

it doesn't have presentation though and space marine has warhammer 40k for that

This looks like something out of a Dawn of War mod.

Ported units from SupCom2

I'd say it's more straight out of a cereal box

Don't make fun of cereal box toys!

STOP

daaa aadd ddiee

It had a decent song with For the Greater Good of God. What really hampers it is the shit production.

lo ooooove m e

I actually don't dislike the mega Fortress design

aaaa aaaah

Anyone picturing Legos at the moment?

I'm a experimental battleship, no really please don't laugh!

NEEW! from mega blocks(tm) THE BIG BRAIN(tm) want to portray your faction as super smarties? now with THE BIG BRAIN(tm) you can! chess the battlefield as you beat your enemy with a literal metaphor. only at mega blocks(tm)

Apparently the thread I posted in got deleted so I'll ask here. I have SCFA on my computer, but I am a little intimidated by it. It looks really good, and I like strategy games both turn based, and real time. Does anyone here have any tips for someone new to the series?

Ah yes, here we go

games are either really long or very short. it also has a realistic projectile system which you need to keep in mind

faforever.com/ if you want to actually play against others

kraken xd cos dinsouar xd

we're assault bots! y-y you k-know…

ancient alien technology, you good fly when you weight no.

Let me just copy my post from another thread
Do you have the original SupCom as well? If so I suggest you play the campaign for that first. Forged Alliance gives you access to the full tech tree immediatly and expects you to go at it. The original campaign eases you into the game much better and the first 2 or 3 missions are pretty much an extended tutorial.

General tips:

- Map control is the name of the game. Mass extractors (aka Mexes) are by far the most efficient method of gaining mass. Most often you will be limited by mass since energy generators are relatively easy to spam.

- Engineers turn resources into units and buildings. If you have a large surplus of resources, build more engineers and have them assist factories or whetever until you are running as small a surplus as possible.

- Factories can assist each other. You can give build orders to one factory and any assisting factories will follow the same commands. It makes management easier. Remember you can put factories on repeat so the queue never ends.

- Early game your ACU is a powerhouse both in combat and construction. By the time T2 rolls around you should keep it safe behind your lines most of the time, and consider upgrading it. Generally speaking the ACU is best used as a super-engineer. I'll leave other strategies for you to discover.

- Reclaiming lets you turn dead (or living) units into mass. If I recall correctly ordering an engineer to attack-move or patrol an area will make him auto-reclaim any wrecks, trees or rocks he finds. This mechanic allows for great comebacks, since you can use an enemy attack to fuel your economy (provided you live through it).

- Micro is useful as in any RTS, but SupCom is heavily focused on macro. A booming economy will beat gookclickery every time.

Above all, don't be afraid to try things out. And always be aware of where your commander is. There's nothing worse than having your camera suddenly shift towards your ACU having a meltdown.
Cybrans are still shit

In addition to what this guy said, Forged Alliance Forever is an active community. If you're a shitter, learn some basics off videos and then play group games where you can contribute without doing much.

Thanks for the tips.

i hear you like self billies

Warlords Battlecry 3, if you play undead.
Note your commander doesn't have to be undead to play undead. Just evil.

Why are the undead seen as evil? They just want to rest in peace with the occasional late night monster mash

undead raise because of malicious energies in the earth, fairly natural accruing really.

There's a campaign for Wesnoth called Despair and Decay, where an apprentice Necromancer uses skelies to fend off Orcs after the local forces get overrun.

Undead is unnatural by default.

if it wasn't natural then how come it's possible? checkmate paladin fags

It's part of the judeoreptilian agenda in order to get the shorter-lived races to dislike their ancestors and ancestral practices.
Reminder there is literally nothing wrong with calling your great great great grandfather up from hell to ask for advice, despite what Sssshlomo Hissssssstein says.

Yes goyim, taint all your ancestors souls with the power of demons. That certainly won't feed all their souls to hell.

The game is just amazing. I basically got the urge to play it after watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes and it is really all about strategy (minus some micro with bombers and fast bots). Compared to the rest, I am relatively a great nub since I have about 170 games played, yet I am managing well with the rest of the player base. There are a lot of nub players, too. And they make more games for nubs than pros or average joes.

I'd say the best way to understand is to read wikis and watch youtubers. Heaven has a great channel for tutorials and basic faction differences. Brnkofinsanity has also great tips (although some of his videos are outdated with patch changes). If you want to watch great commentaries, you have Gyle Casts which are great, especially his epics videos. Overall, it took me weeks to master basics, but don't be overwhelmed, the reward is a fantastic game experience that sadly no other game will produce.

Thanks Rabbi, I'll be sure to read ten verses of the Torah and bathe in the foreskin of babies so my ancestors won't end up in hell. How much do I owe you?

wew

Back to your dark tower, lich. And hide your phylacteries better this time.

But what kind of gameplay should it have ?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roadhousegames.lotb
Obviously something like this :^)

Is it too late to git gud at RTS on multiplayer?

No, but it will be extremely painful.

That's a big Psychic Lash.

FOR YOU

Only painful if you try a painful game, check mate

Just curious anons, if someone was to host an RTS game what one would anons want to play the most?

Honestly i just want someone to play the europe at war mod with, 1 friend is literally incapable of playing a game without a shitty stream running in the background and even without the stream in the background he plays worse than a bot on easy.
And a other friend got beat 2 times in it even though he wasn't doing so bad he doesn't want to play it anymore as with all games i play against him.
All i want is some comfy rounds every now and then.

Probably either AoE2 or SupCom. C&C games should be popular as well though I haven't seen anyone make a match in a thread before.

Supcom

it would have to be a mix of alot of different things tbh

I get what they're trying to do but that's not how humans work.

Syrian Warfare: Return to Palmyra is out. Has anybody played it yet?

Just started playing the first mission so far it looks like the pathfinding has improved a lot.

I know how you feel user, Europoor at WAAAAGH sounds like it could be fun.

Probably would be SupCom or AOEII, C&C would be a bitchfit about which one to play.

Any webms?

I'm too lazy to record shit or to convert shit from jewtube.

Instead of playing aoe2 you should play a game that doesn't flip the fuck out over hills

i liked it fuck u

Well the skidrow crack for Return to Palmyra is fucking shit the game constantly closes and open a steam tab for the game in my browser.

Nae Fak U Weather Mang

Is there any news on the new Age of Empires? Is it gonna be wrecked because of Microshit's Windows 10 store? Unrelated, but anyone got a gif of the AoE Priest converting units?

No, it's going to be wrecked cause of Relic

tbh

I heard Perimeter was decent enough but unfinished.

didn't seem unfinished to me

World in Conflict gamenight anons. This will be a comfy weekend.

Zug zug

.gif.jpg
This triggers me more than it should.

any anons know how to install mental omega mod (CNC Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge) on Origins?

Wasn't there a detailed guide on Mental Omega's site or moddb page?

any fags want to host and play WiC today too?

Well I guess we have to now. I got trips niggers

(checked)
Trips demand it. If the serbs aren't still up I'll host tonight but may be a bit late before I get it up will likely be late back tonight

Yes

Did any of the Warlords Battlecry games have flying heroes?

I'm asking because I have this vague memory of watching someone else playing a RTS game with Hero units kind of like in Warcraft 3 that could cast spells etc. I can't remember anything about the game except you could have a hero unit who could cast some bubble spell and splash water on the enemies. It wasn't a 3D game but more like starcraft etc.

Guys, we doing this or what? Servers are still up according to server browser. Let's play some wic niggers

I will be a while but in meantime here is serb info
Infinity Game Night
45.77.216.14 48000 US 1
45.77.216.14 48001 US 2
45.76.143.88 48000 EU 1
45.76.143.88 48001 EU 2
Password for each is NOGIVETHISOUT

Join up niggers

3 in game at moment.

yeah al gore is a lot of fun here, let's go faggots

Fun fact: if you make enough Percivals for the same mass cost as one of the direct-fire experimentals (GC, Ythotha, Monkeylord) the Percivals will win in a fight. The Megalith is a bit of an iffy case due to its extreme range and splash damage - the Percivals will probably win if they're dropped behind it or coming at it in a circle but head-on they'll probably lose. Any other direct-fire experimental and the Percivals will take it.

i dont think kangaroos can shoot helicopters

Well 5 fags in when I left Sadly can't stay longer. Will be able to host temporary matches though in future

brick is my favorite ground unit, because he looks like a minecraft

he is a minecraft, he crafts all the mines!

after he kills the bad guys you can go recycle their burnt remains, essentially just making a huge mess for you to mine. brick is the original loot crate but he only gives you parts to build more bricks.

the aeon equivalent can reclaim wreckage itself which seems awesome but theres no way to have them automate it, when normally a patrol order to any unit with an engineering suite will cause it to automatically reclaim wreckages in range. if you want to mine the enemy base with them youll have to click like a madman

Ground Control Night When?

he also likes to chill out on the sea floor with his mommy megalith just like my mommy tried to do with me but she was sent away before we could

its important to cherish the time you have with your crab battleship mom because she wont be around forever. make sure you have some good memories to hold on to.

I like monkeylord spiderbot

i would probably like any unit with a laser like that. in a thematic sense it bothers me that the czars laser does less dps than the monkey ray.

I'd say a czar is alot more safer then a monkeylord though

yeah cause its not stepping on power plants

I'm pretty sure FAF changed that.

So, anyone willing to play Eastern Front mod for CoH 1?

Depends what time user?

How about tomorrow 10 PM Eastern European time?

I won't be around then but maybe some other user will.

I have it installed but i have more experience with Blitzkrieg and EaW

I loved her

Not enough lewds

Same here I remember playing Eastern Front some years ago and replaying it recently only to find that they removed units because muh balance or something.

>Not enough lewds
Unless you possess some

humblebundle.com/strategy-sim-bundle

They didn't even wait to shit it up, like they were going to pretend things were normal, they just went straight to derailing it.

What a bland bundle.

Was that intentional user?

Started playing Mental Omega and I've gotta say it really grows on you after a while. Wasn't a fan of the heavily overdesigned vehicles which usually create a pixelated mess on the screen in huge armies, very difficult to recognize what is going on especially with such a huge variety of units available. That fourth newest faction also seems silly but there are some really neat ideas in there even if it stops feeling like red alert 2 with all of this crazy new shit getting thrown at you.

I'm not really sure if RA2 just had cleaner & more professional designs for all of their units or if its just the smaller variety of units that made things easy to understand but even after hours of playing its hard to tell whats going on in your expensive ball of units as you're rolling through enemy bases. Also holy fuck epsilon is fun to play god damn

Alright fags, Eastern Front is up.
Name: CYKA BLYAT
Password: 1944

Well shit nigger I will be about 30 minutes tops.

I think I was too late.

Try now, should be available.

Alright, seeing as there were no people today, I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry user I missed out, also most Eurofags at moment would likely be having their dinner.

Alright, let's try this again shall we?

Name: REMOVE WURST

Give me 10-15 min

Were there any mods at all that modified or added generals challenges for C&C G:ZH?.
Specifically the missign infantry one or for specific factions added by that mod.

Honestly MO has a pretty clear unit design, i have no troubles in recognizing all the units even in blobs, but on the other hand i have been playing it for 3 years so yeah.
But if you compare MO to other cnc mods like for example Twisted Insurrection or Crystalized Doom you gonna really see the diffrence, those mods are fucking unreadable when it comes to units

He would never get us tickets, due to having to give a ticket to everyone in the school. The teachers did though, I saw my geography teacher heading backstage at every gig I saw

That was pretty good. Tomorrow we try out Europe at War.

Sure thing

Shit did I miss it?

Yep, you were too late. Try and get here tomorrow at 9 PM Eastern European time if you want to join us.

How many fags?

Can we just play blitzkrieg mod? its the best mod for coh1
Also use UTC time because everything else is shit
time.is/UTC

wew no, at least Eastern Front and Europe at War puts thought into balance. A better suggestion though would have been 1918 mod.
Also we should use IST.

However many shows up, really.
As for timezones, 9 PM Eastern European time will be 7 PM UTC and 12:30 PM IST.

You're a dumb gookclick faggot, the type that is ruining RTS.
BK mod hasn't been a wehraboo mod in years you fucking faggot. How about you actually play it before parroting shitty memes you heard on Holla Forums?

You fags ready? Time for some Europe at War. Why so early? I've got nothing else to do, sso I figured why not.
Game: HOLD THE LINE

I bet you think COH2 is a good game.

Bit too early for me, cooking food.

anyone wanna play aoe on steam?
just got done being raped by persian elephants and i need someone as bad as me to play against

You're free to join whenever you're ready.

Well should be available for this hour.

Come on in, everything's set.

Crashed

Can any user's vouche for this game.

It was fun while it lasted. Tomorrow, if I've got time, we'll do it again.

It's fun to fuck around with for a bit but I didn't think it was really worth my time since it feels blatantly unfinished. It's worth a look, but you wouldn't regret it if you passed it by.

Remember Ancestors? Apparently, it's still alive.

PREPARE TO BE SPAMMED WITH OVERCHARGES, GOYIM!
When are we going to have nights for Supcom?

when we can get 16 vs 16 matchs

Won't happen seeing that many people run on toasters.

/radcorp/ only runs gamenights on games that can get at least 16 vs 16 matches, but we could always run an unofficial gamenight ourselves. We'd need proper preparation, though. Including an easy way to get the game, with the correct version for everyone (easy to achieve in this case if we use FAF), probably designated hostfags and easy instructions for anyone who wants to host a game.

We could always just get some matches together in these threads, you know. Doesn't have to be a gamenight but it would be really nice to have a lot of anons around.

Guys is Ashes of the Singularity any good? I mean the single player alone. I started playing it but got bored quickly by how slow it was. Does it get better if I'm patient? It doesn't seem to have left much of a mark on people.

it's as bland as bland gets tbh, it seems like it takes the worst parts of supcom/starcraft but it actually amounts to a homeworld clone without anything going for it other then "it's a new rts I suppose"

What the fuck do you need 16 vs 16 for anyway ? Assuming half the people don't end up losing connection ?
How is 6v6 not enough for you ?

because there's alot of people on Holla Forums who play gayme and if we just do lots of little matches then what'll be the point of having a game night at all

That's not really true. Last time we tried age of empires 2 we had 4 people.
What makes you think you can get above 12 at one time ? What makes you think you can reach 10 at the same time at all ?

I'm not so sure you could get all that many people for a RTS gamenight, maybe two servers' worth at peak.

I was thinking more board wide game night

That's why I said two servers at peak, but for a board game night with radcorp it'd take months to get it scheduled anyway.

awhile back someone suggested a game night and I stated people should play lots of different games but I forget how that went down

Tbh the thread would basically be a way to find and set up matches. The gamenights we've had generally feature games where we can all play together. I guess the other main point of the thread would be to provide a download. Thing is with a game like supcom the dl would take a long time. I think such a gamenight would work better with a smaller game like age of empires or red alert.

We should do EE2 sometime, iirc it's about 1.5-2GB

Pretty much this. The game is missing that massive "WOW" factor. It plays like a much slower Supcom with units that have no weight or impact to them in moving, sound or even when in combat. It also tries to make things simple for assfaggots and you literally have to follow lanes so in most maps combat will only really happen in like 2-3 fronts max with it rarely happening over one. Flanking maneuvers is close to non-existant unless your opponent is trying to push through one lane at the expense of the other lanes.

I just want a fantasy rts as comfy as spellforce.

I'll play if you buy the game for me senpai :3c

I will tbh

Remember to be polite and suck user's dick as a thank you.

tbh being serious as well.

add tbh

steamcommunity.com/id/Chaosyourgod/

How about we gather up for DoW 2 Retribution this weekend?

modded or vanilla?

also user, Some Modder got depressed or something and went ambitious that he plans to use the DOW II engine to implement base building while he import some maps from DOW and its expansion

Link: moddb.com/mods/doc-tgc

Does this shit get better at the 2nd expansion. I had a blast with the main campaign but the first expansion is taking me over a year to beat because I keep dropping it and coming back. It's just not fun.

I don't know how you got through the main game. Every time I play it I get to around the start of the dark races part of the campaign and quit because of how much of a slog the game gets.

You made the good move quitting. It only gets worse. I think the pinnacle of bad in the main campaign is when you play as the dark elves and you need to fend off these tiger things that are tanky as fuck and oneshot your units. Either that or the valley you have to get through as orcs. The very last level is pretty fun though.

The 1st expansion starts off pretty much the same way the main campaign ends (minus the last level). It sucks. You play as the dark races, except no towers so playing as the dark elves is cancer. I discovered you can win fairly easily with them though if you abuse the shit out of their summons, raise dead and the necromancers resurrection, but this was after hours of trying to play it straight. Still it's really really bad. Also for the first 3-4 levels you depend entirely on uncontrollable NPCs who will draw aggro like no tomorrow, and most of your fights are losing ones.

The only time I think I had fun was when I got to play as the dwarves. I was even able to get into a position where I could leave the game on overnight to grind levels, which by the way
YOU HAVE TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST EXPANSION
You will always be underleveled if you don't grind to the softcap in the first expansion. It's really fucking bad.

I almost beat it. It's not as bad when you get close to the end. The graphics style and everything just draws me in, which helps because I have a really hard time picking up RTS'. I kinda just want something like spellforce but not shit. I tried WC2 but I eventually got bored so I never picked up WC3.

They Are Billions released on beta recently. Colony survival RTS vs PVE zombie hordes. The goal is to survive a set duration with exponentially greater horde incursions as the game progresses, so it's a eco/tech/security balancing act where you're absolutely fucked if you greed too hard (or get a bad map seed). Pretty hard even on default settings, I'm on my fifth game and I only came close to beating it once. Oh, and it's got a tactical pause for casuls.
It's early access and they added anti-piracy bullshit, so you really shouldn't buy it, but it's a nice diversion and has a comfortable level of content/polish. Sort of feels like a high quality flash game.
Here's the link to the TPB and some arab's fix for their anti-piracy kikery (player units all started moving at 1% speed about 30mins in). Just extract and overwrite the files.
archive.is/CtuSj
archive.is/j8NxO

I don't get why it lacks multiplayer.
This could be great fun with 2 people vs the hordes.
Otherwise it seems ok, but a one trick pony none the less.

Either vanilla or Elite mod. Will check out your mod later though.

RNG is really shit in this game, mapgen fucks you over in the dumbest ways

Devs said they'll add co-op if it does well. I agree the tech is pretty barebones and there aren't many interesting strategies you can try to liven things up beyond "layered static defenses only" or "spam units/this particular unit only". I don't know if it's just now leaving its early access status or if it's still being developed.

Missing an opening isn't really RNG's fault. RNG in map gen is certainly a little too important, though. Far/insufficient woodlines, no nearby stone, no attainable iron, mountain terrain/water everywhere raping your real estate, too many entrances to defend. It's not uncommon to get a map that makes success impossible.

I doubt this will bring anything good. Early Access never does.

Pick related is in beta. I was gunna make a thread on it but decided I'd post it here and maybe make one when this thread dies.

Beta is also public and free.

Devs are bragging up a campaign and "improved" survival mode, implementing spring 2018 and finishing in fall.
Also WEW I did not know you could power off defenses/resourcing options at the drop of a hat and completely negate their upkeep. My day 90 base went from 1100 income/tick to 2600. Game just got a hell of a lot easier.

How long till someone adds in
and so on?

As soon as modding tools become available. Also, I expect those to be taken down within a day or two.

It really rewards pausing to micromanage shit all the time, basically the more you do it the better. Early game you can save resources by pausing production of things you don't need, save troops by micromanaging each attack and pulling individual ones back that are low on health (it regenerates over time).

You couldn't have pick a more fucking obnoxious faggot playing it to introduce people to the game.

Oh, fuck.

If you've got any better picks, post'em here.

Anyone play the warlord battlecry games? I looked at 3 and the first thing I noticed is the UI is a carbon copy of WC3s.

Anyone else here that still plays starcraft II? What's your league and apm? I'm a dia terran with 180 clicks per minute, and I'm struggling with getting better.

I've been replaying RUSE recently and it's batter then Wargame in every way. I can't believe it's made by the same devs.

so this is the faggotry that spawned
also
of all yellow girls you go out of your way to desire the worst

Don't want to derail the thread, but how can you dislike korean cuties, surgery or not? And it's really fun to go fast and get the adrenaline rush from out-playing your opponent.

It tends to get shit on a lot cause "Muh Console RTS" but really console focus is probably what made it good. Simple to play but hard to master. Wargame fags tended to shit all over it a while back for no apparent reason.

gaming is shunned in korea. unless if you're an actual pro that brings in cash and bitches you're probably not gonna get far with chicks. you'll be better off with a high position in some big company. or just get rich. that'll work best.

Gaming is ruined in Korea in general :^)

You should watch the top korean starcraft streamers sometime on Twitch, user. The skill ceiling is so high that the best koreans are a treat to watch, players like Byun and Zest.

For the foreseeable future, I think the genre is doomed to linger on in its undead state. I mean, it's very rewarding for the strong players, who have played the challenging games for years, and the autists that like to build pretty cities, but these groups aren't large enough.

Well problem is a lot of games that have come out have really missed the mark by a lot, they have been okay at best because they usually have a couple of fatal flaws that stop the game being good. Trying to think of RTS games that are coming out soon that may be alright even though deep down inside I know they will have some flaw

Ancestors Legacy
Deep Space Settlement
Driftlands: The Magic Revivial
Empires Apart
Frostpunk
The Colonists

Ancient Cities
Maia
The Universim
Tropico 6

Jurassic World: Evolution
Mashinky
Railway Empire

Note all these are games with a slight hint of potential, it does not mean they will be good and more and likely will disappoint everyone.

My god, do we finally have a pretender for the Operation Genesis throne?

No way, unless developers managed to live under some really big rock and not become "progressive".

How can you fuck up a game about dinosaurs with "progressive" bullshit?

This immensely rustled my jimmies.

Is that an attachment for an AR-556?

Another problem is alot of the old studios who did make the good old games are gone or dead.

Or have completely lost the plot
i.e. Petroglyph

Is there a more laid back game like stronghold? I feel like I'm gookclicking just to get my base set up fast enough to beat the levels, which is manageable but it's more stressful than fun. I am playing on very hard though

Anno?

Anno?

you stupid fucks everyone knows it's user as in Anonymous fucking illiterates

Anno 1404 is a game, you stupid faggot.

The only people I've ever know to enjoy city-builders are women

Glad I'm not the only person who likes it. I think that people only prefer Wargame for the setting

Is the new WWII one any good? I assume not or I would have heard about it

The same way you can fuck up a game about giant robots and 3D space RTS. By being so progressive that you don't put any effort into it and still expect to get paid despite being a incompetent slob.

Diversity hires, of course.

Spellforce 3 nigga

Anno Cheeki Breeki Edition?

1st webm related.

Dress the user up like a girl and then problem is solved?
2nd Webm related. Basically people asked for "muh realism" got it, and suddenly discovered that the history channel had been lying heavily to them all these years as the German army tech was NEVER good compared to the allied equivalent. That said the game is pretty flawed like Wargame although slightly better at least

B-b-but MUH GERMAN SUPERIOR STEEL FORGED 9000 TIMES BY ARYAN SPACE KRUPP MAGIC

Aye also doesn't help that the vast majority of fags playing don't understand simple tactics hence why you see German tanks in the OPEN FUCKING FIELD and wonder why they get slaughtered?

Brutal Legend made me mad that they fucked up a Heavy Metal RTS.

Thinking of getting one of the Supreme commander games anons. Is there a big multiplayer following for them? Also thinking about trying to get into wargames but everyone keeps recommending the clunky ones been playing kenshi since 2012/2013, so I don't need anymore fill of clunky RTS-types thank you very much. and red dragon just seems confusing.

Also when you say "wargames" are you being "WAAAGHGAMES" or the "Wargame" series by Eugen Systems?

The only statistics that matter for tanks in Steel Division are range, accuracy, rate of fire, and does it have a roof. Armor is completely irrelevant as everything dies if there is enough shit in the air.

Is war of the overlord good or is it shit?

What are the odds of Iron Harvest not being shit? Devs claim to be inspired by Company of Heroes and plan to support it for a long time. However, they are Krauts and it's been a while since a good game came out of Germany.

Elex only just came out.

does Anno count? If so I like building cities.
Wait that's not true?

There was a glorious sperging out on the Tank Vidya thread not too long ago between Slavboos vs Wehraboos with Bongboos and Yankaboos being the voices of reason.
Essentially it boiled down to the fact that early war German Tanks could count on the following advantages >Good optics
with disadvantages of

T-34-85 is best late war medium tank. Prove me wrong.

Anno is more of an economy/resource managment sim with settlement building. If you like city builders chances are you'll like.

M4 Sherman is better

They're removing land combat in new Anno by the way.
Sherman wins only by virtue of being highly customisable.

Next they'll remove sea combat
thought you were going to say combustible :^)

Myth has you fighting an army of the undead for the most part, though it's RTT rather than RTS. Also RTT seems to vary a lot, but Myth effectively plays exactly like an RTS, but with both sides having fixed unit numbers, so Micro becomes of prime importance and there's no economic management. It's pretty much exactly like those campaign missions in RTS games where you have no economy.

The game is basically free at this point as it's not sold anywhere, the community still maintains the engine so you just acquire the original game files and gives them to the fan made installer:

Guide: mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Installing/Updating_Myth_II
Game Files: dropbox.com/s/575zlde6g56fi92/Myth2_Install.7z

Thats nothing new though
Anno 2205 and 2070 had no ground combat only ships or (in 2070 case) submarine and aircraft battles

What is FAF?
Nah Wargames as in Red Dragon and shit like that, I've always enjoyed shit on larger scale than regular RTS like TW.

Great post for a great game

Forged Alliance Forever, a reincarnation of Supreme Commander Forged Alliance's Multiplayer with some (((balancing))) and fixes

They are, however, implementing wind mechanic which will allow (if the dice land right) sail ships to outflank steam ones.

So the movie Fury was wrong? The tank that killed 4 american tanks doesn't exist? I thought it was really neat ;_;

That particular Tank that killed the Burger Tanks in Fury was defeated by Churchill Tanks in North Africa armed with 6pdr 57mm guns

Sounds good.
>(((balancing)))
What kind of (((balancing)))?

Is there still a multiplayer crowd for either the original Supreme Commander or it's sequel by the way?

That's exactly what FAF is

All right, well as long as it's not what I think it is: roughly under 100 or so dudes that often play together and anyone trying to learn the game gets rekt because they're all pros with 600 hours + whilst you're still a scrub learning the game.

I'm actually not sure what the playerbase is like as I don't play it, I just watch the Gyle casts on jewtube. There are player rankings so you can tell the approximate skill of your opponents and match accordingly. I don't think it's incredibly hard to get into if you've played RTS online before.

Best EU game? I played some EU4 a couple years ago, seemed alright beyond the standard Paradox DLC kikery and dice rolls being too influential in fights. Are previous titles less RNG heavy?

based on the bong's cast, there seem to be plenty of shitters around

Now I'm getting more skeptical of you than the germans.
Citations now, gaylord.

You're embarassing yourself now user.

Tiger 131 was abandoned by it's in north africa after a 6pdr shell from a churchill tank lodged between the turret and chassis, jamming the turret ring.
It was taken back to england, lives in the tank museum in bovington and it's the only restored/functioning Tiger I in the world. People throw out shit like "Well this tank had X thickness at Y slope so this tank with that gun at whatever range shouldn't penetrate" which is perfectly true on paper, but in practice can be utter shit. A 75mm sherman shouldn't penetrate a Panther at most ranges by there's a photo of a panther that was knocked out by one; shell hit the front wheel and the explosion went through the axel into the radio operator (driver? I forget the exact layout, the front left) seat and the crew decided to bail. If a tank hits the driver's vision slit, that's going to at the very least immobilize the tank on account of the driver getting a face full of hot metal.
The 6pdr (or as yanks called it the 57mm) was a surprisingly decent gun; I believe it had better penetration values on most ranges than a 75mm, and at 500 yards would reliably penetrate something like a Tiger I's side armour with the right ammo.

A lot of the time people ignore things like spalling and simple things like quality of welds. You actually can in most cases pound a Tank to shit and it will fall apart or knock it out just by sending chunks of metal bouncing around inside the Tank due to it shedding off from the impact of the shell. Actually how Britbongs developed their HESH round for
Also for all the history channel likes to shit on the Churchill, it was actually a surprisingly decent Tank. More so out of complete accident but it was extremely mobile and could literally climb mountains. Even supposedly could shrug off a few hits of a German 88mm.

Not entirely sure how they did it but the churchill could drive up slopes other tanks couldn't; in normandy they took a hill that way, they simply drove up a side that the germans (quite reasonably) didn't expect any tanks to come up because anything other than a churchill couldn't. From the MK. VII onwards it had thicker frontal armour than a Tiger I too; 153mm on the churchill and the thickest part on the Tiger I was the gun mantle at 'only' 122mm. Shit, the side armour was 95mm, and the front of a panzer IV was about 105.

Basically cause of thick big tracks designed for crossing muddy trenches and unlike Germans Britbongs had heard of this thing called a gearbox. Same thing was the case of the Centurion during the Korean War, it could get up places where no other Tank could.
Also front of the Panzer IV was actually around 80mm max. Mid-War ones had barely 50mm

Myth I and II are super underrated and have a lot of great mods.
Really wish it was free software at this point. I think it's stuck in copyright hell.

Ok sweet, thanks anons I'll give it a shot. Incidentally is Planetary Annihilation worth getting?

I really doubt it, everything I've read about PA is discouraging

The spellforce 3 thread died.

It's sad because a year maybe year and a half ago there was a thread about it and user's where actually talking about it. I even remember one user remarked he was surprised it was a discussion and not a shitpost fest. Now the beta is out and probably 5% of the posts where actually talking about it, and the rest was shitposting and bait.

Welcome to Holla Forums Make next RTS thread Spellforce 3 Edition

FAF has around 10k monthly users and 1k at peak times in european evenings on the weekend