Original Xbox Games playable on Xbox One

These classic Xbox games will be playable on Xbox One tomorrow.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Psychonauts
- Dead to Rights
- Black
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies
- Sid Meier’s Pirates!
- Red Faction II
- BloodRayne 2
- The King of Fighters Neowave

please use archive.ism/articles/2017/10/23/first-13-original-xbox-games-announced-for-xbox-one-compatibility?read

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iScef
theisozone.com
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Great, a shill raid for a console no one on this website uses.

Reported

U b sayin i can put my original disk in it and it will play?

God bless the word filter

That's nice of them but an Xbox is like £40 at most, and a copy of Splinter Cell to mod it and a USB cable adds up to £15. A used X1 costs way more than that.

You are all faggots.

Yeah, that's pretty weird, but the games are already playable on Master Chief Collection.

Yes.

Yeah, and with that I can play all Xbox games.

While I don't really care for the Xbox One, doesn't it run Windows 10? Will Xbox emulators be possible in the future because of this?

I already own those games and an OG Xbox and they run smoother because they're not half-assed emulation. *Shrugs*

Not to mention the Xbox console, softmod and cable are far cheaper than buying a used xbone

It’s great that they’re doing this, no way around that. What will be really interesting to see is how good the emulation is. If the emulation is accurate and provides better performance or higher resolutions, this could be the best way to play some of those games. Hopefully they can do a much more comprehensive job here than they did with Xbox emulation on the 360, which was decent but had some issues with some games.

All that the disk does is function as a check that you have the game. You have to download the full game from Xbox once you put the disc in because the disc can’t run natively on the hardware. The code you download will be modified somewhat from the original code on the disc because they have to add an emulation layer. Once you have it downloaded though, you just put the disc in and hit play.

Not right now, but they could bring this to Windows 10 at some point through their App Store. At a software level, the Xbox One isn’t too different from Windows 10. Also, if someone could hack into one of these modified Xbox downloads that has Microsoft’s own Xbox emulator and see what they’re doing, that could be really useful for making an open Xbox
emulator.

Don’t talk out of your ass, user. You have no idea what kind of results they will deliver. Just look at Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One: while some games fare badly, they have turned in great results in some cases, most notably with Red Dead Redemption, which is an objectively superior experience on Xbox One than on 360. If they can do that with 360 emulation, what could they do with Xbox emulation? It’s not outside the realm of possibility that I could be playing Ninja Gaiden Black at native 1080p at a locked 60FPS tomorrow.

I'll be sure to buy a Bone this instant for the 5 games its 6th Gen contemporary has.
archive.is/iScef

FFS. All i wanted was to be a jew broad fighting draculas!

I recently fixed my old Classic XBOX hacked with a 60GB HDD, and I want to download some games for it. Do you have some good sites for that? Looking for XBOX just brings up results for the 360 and One, and the share thread torrents haven't worked so far.

I'll just wait for Xqemu.

HAHAHA YOU FUCKED UP THE ARCHIVE LINK TOO.

JUST LIKE ME WHEN I MADE THIS THREAD.

YOU SUCK.

-enlightened archive.is user

Xbox is just so big and black I don't understand how wybois can even remotely hope to potentially compete.

And, on PC (With working, free, online multiplayer), unless you want to mod an original Xbox.

we need to stop pretending these ports were good

I hope.

I doubt the emulation will be slow.

I didn't mess up the link. The website did it on it's own.

That's fucking retarded. I have to download a game I already have the disc for.
That sounds good. I want access to all classic Xbox games on my PC.

What's the problem with PC ports (Aside from the lack of co-op, which has mod in development)?

no, props to microsoft but 9/10 times the 360 emulation is fantastic and better than the original. Helps that it's not 100% emulation but partial emulation with consistent software logic helping things along on the hardware interpretation side. Probably the biggest flaw in most emulation there being subverted is translating how one system does X to how the new system does X and getting it done quick enough.

The original xbox is a weird system to emulate, not because muh lost documentation info and muh redditor xD rage but because every game uses its own unique set of drivers that makes pretty much every game interface with the hardware in its own ways. There were standardized drivers, but later versions of those standardized drivers. Microsoft has that information and the xbone, while being a mediocre system in terms of hardware is more than enough to get the job done on emulation.

xbox emulation on boner will probably be better than original hardware, but I still anticipate the lossy but "good enough" results for most people. I'm sticking with the real hardware.

incredibly bad latency for multiplayer regardless of ping, just a flawed client server model implemented by incompetent fucks, missing graphical features, ruining the look in some maps, auto aim you literally can't disable, also h2 is made for vista and lol well PC's got 30 years of backwards compatibility right ;))))

Don't care. Won't be getting an Xbone anytime soon. Or ever.

Not sure if there's a more obvious way to shill

Randy also made Opposing Force before he became a cuckhold, how does your Gates fellating mouth think of that?
Go back to cuckchan with your ironic shit you cancer.

go and disable it, it's still there. Can't get rid of hard coded auto aim.

which is why they haven't been yet after 15 years since originally being ported. end the meme, halo PC is shit.

Huh. That's pretty neat.

Was nobody seeding the Xbox mega-torrents?

You'll have to re-read his response, user. I'd imagine they'd have to be at least bundled with a tuned version of the emulator.
That's a good list to start off with, if they get to Baulder's Gate though, that's going to eat up a bunch of my time.

Enjoy your 30FPS lock on your mediocre controller FPS I guess

Will the emulation be good or not? Pick one.

Not an expert, but Nuts And Bolts doesn't have the framerate problems it does on the 360 on an xbone.

oh boy

both

gta4 has weird frame pacing issues on bone not on the 360.

look, just read, don't post

Not to shill for Xbox Live, but I think Microsoft is bringing back OG Xbox game services. They're still fucking disgusting Juden for charging for what should be free, but at least a tiny bit of credit is due for them actually fucking supporting it.

Reminder: These games each have a dedicated emulator configuration to make them work on the Xbox One, so it takes a fuck of a lot of work to get it running to a satisfactory degree. I don't doubt that original Halo and Halo 2 are in the works, but Halo 2 especially was hard for even the Xbox 360 to run properly because of how wonky the architecture of the Xbox, and 360 were.

No Metal Wolf Chaos, no buy.

Seems like it. It's a shame, really

That's pretty neat, actually. I'm guessing there'll be no climb from 30fps to 60 though, due to engine limitations of most games. Sadly none of it matters, nobody owns an xbone.

This is actually quite neat. If they release Metal Wolf Chaos, Panzer Dragoon Orta, the Otogi games and Jet Set Radio Future, it would be a fucking blast.

They'd be more likely to bring the games back as downloadable titles. Unlike Sony, Microsoft decided it was smart to put a proprietary check on the disc. Most DVD drives cannot read the data. The things you learn while trying to rip your game collection…

Check theisozone.com for individual ISOs. I helped flesh out their PS1 and PS2 lineup, and they've got a decent community there.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, mate.
It's been several ages since I last went to TheIsoZone, I sorta forgot about that site.

They're quite cheap to get now. A lot of Halo kids bought them at launch and are trying to get rid of them to get a PS4 (at least in my country). If the console somehow gets hacked, it could be nice to have a retrocompatible console.

XPfag here, H2Vista uses DX9 meaning it runs just fine on XP, the DX10 'requirement' was just marketing.

besides, I doubt seriously that you're doing this shitposting on a version of Windows older than 7 which makes that an entirely moot point. You're just grasping for anything to be a nigger about.

after community patches of course. be a little more dishonest while you're at it.

for the installer. you really think 'the community' was able to recode an entire game to use a different API? be a little more retarded while you're at it.

exactly
dunno where you got that idea

Microsoft consoles blow dick.

Why? That game was barely a cult hit

I love that with the exceptions of NGB, Crimson Skies, and maybe KOTOR, they really went out of their way to pick the most nonessential OG Xbox games. Not even Gaylo made the cut. It's like when Nintendo launched the Virtual Console and picked the most boring collection of games to start with.

>>>/resetera/

Quality Cuckbox port there Randy.

and it took what, an entire week after the PC port was released for that patch to become available? but you're right, it's a bad port because for an entire week in 2007 you couldn't play it on your mom's Gateway.

You can fix the FOV, and the 30fps animations have a sort of old school charm to them. Other graphical issues are a shame, but minor at best.

came out around 2009, two years after the release of the game.

buy the xbone version goy

Are they more cinematic too?

So, between Cxbx-R & XQEMU, what's the consensus on when OG XBox emulation will start to become as useful as PS3 emulation through RPCS3 right now?

Bravo, MS!

We would of already had xbox emulation ages ago if MS didn't port halo to PC, as soon as that happened they stopped giving a shit about it.
that's obviously another reason why.

Note that the port could exceed 120 FPS on launch, unlike MS's Halo 2 port which hardcaps at 60.

You can also fix the 30fps animations using an interpolation feature in the Chimera mod similar to that used in the Myth 2 Magma rewrite:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved

Someone post the recommended Xbox games chart.

Also, I've fixed up the multiplat labeling on this page, but I think it needs a column just for "best port":
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox

Yawn, call me when xbox emulation is actually decent then I'll care.

Even in 2003 that was technical decency of the engine. It looked bad then and it looks like shit now.
Yeah, the big obvious void and missing sky fog in Assault on the Control Room sure is minor.

no max payne?

See there's a fix for the 30fps animations