Dead series that will never come back

R.I.P ARMY OF TWO SERIES
imfdb.org/wiki/Army_of_Two

imfdb.org/wiki/Army_of_Two:_The_40th_Day

sometimes I get a hankering for a bog standard TPS with satisfying gunplay, the final game looked nice from a visual standpoint & the customization seemed cool, although it got terrible reviews so I never bothered giving it a go.

Never played the co-op though since I'm not a co-op guy.

The first game got bad reviews for not being serious enough. Even though the series is parodying action movies and call of duty before it was cool to hate cod.

Were these actually any good? If so, are they still any good?

EA killed the servers. Couch co-op still good though

I actually played the first one, didn't click with me but I didn't think it was bad. The devils cartel one or whatever was shat on tho, I think because it had 2 new characters or something

EA noticed people found the accidental homoeroticism of army of two funny. So they replaced the main characters with ones who intentionally make gay jokes and act gay as a personality trait.

yep that'll do it

Couch co-op is the ultimate gaming experience in my opinion.

Army Men. Great ideas but cheap budget and rushed titles, the annualization of a franchise before Activision, Ubisoft and EA.

shouldn't you be on gamefaqs normalfag?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't flaunt the fact that I have friends here. I forgot how many of you get upset.

Nice digits

Monster Rancher/Monster Farm

I loved Army Men. Guaranteed never to come back unless they change the name to something more (((inclusive))).

Pic is my contribution. Two dead as fuck series we'll never see proper conclusions to.

Sequel never ever

Skate 4 never. I really enjoyed all the games. I was actually blown away by the demo for 1 when it came out. My favorite was probably 2 because of the world and spots (also 60fps), but I also really liked hardcore mode in 3. Hardcore mode made it extra realistic, like you really had to line up grinds and time everything right. There were also some great custom parks to download in 3. RIP Blackbox.

Once Ironside was gone in Blacklist that killed it for me. The natural evolution should have been Sam becoming the new mission control while you play as a new Splinter Cell (not Briggs because he's boring as fuck). Instead they make Sam into something they never wanted him to be in the first place, Blacklist is practically a new damn character.

Everyday is pain

Seriously consider killing yourself.

If you miss it so much, then why don't you play it?

I didn't like what they did with the 2nd anyway. Basically scrapped the cool slow pace, and atmosphere of the first for a stylish shoot 'em up. The first game is unique to this day.

Exactly. I didn't play Blacklist because no Ironside, and it looked like streamlined crap. Didn't they give nu-Sam a promotion in that one? So why was he also the main field agent? Totally missed opportunity to have wiseass Ironside comments in your ear as a rookie.

Neat.

They placed Sam as the Director of the new Fourth Echelon and yet he still was practically their only agent in the field besides Briggs. I think its a really bad call to send your fuckin leader into the field by himself no matter how good he is. They disbanded Third Echelon after the shit in Conviction but by then they still had a bunch of other Splinter Cell agents. They couldn't have just picked up a few of them into Fourth?

That's what I thought. That's so stupid. Clearly no passionate people were in charge of the game.

Why don't you rip the real army of two?

Kane and Lynch never ever

Because unless we want to organize a game night for Mean Greens it's a dead game. Terrible balance on launch killed it which makes me sad because the maps are fun and the game looks great

They finally get to make a sequel after 5 years, yet they had the gall to put in a cliffhanger ending. Rotten bastards.

i have nearly 40 picrelated for each dead franchise.
I feel so empty I don't even want to start re-posting them all over again.

Did they? I don't remember that. I remember the Mexican guy paying out the other one over planning to buy a boat and asking him how he was getting on with his wife, but that was about it. They pretty much just played the role of minions to one of the original two as he chased after his now-villainous partner.

be happy they are dead user. The worse fate is to be revived in the current year.

True, I guess - still wouldn't mind for Studio Liverpool guys get together and release one more proper multiplat Wipeout

So, it's basically Borderlands 3 then?

I wouldn't know. I'm not a masochist.

I finished this last thursday. Strolling around your apartment and looking through the windows was comfy. That's the only positive thing I can say about it.
Also, the girl you had to take care of in the second half was annoying as fuck.

I can see it happening.

Thank you for the laugh, alas this feels eerily realistic in Current Year.

Also

WHAT WAS THE ORO PROTECTING US FROM!?

It was always shit.

sounds like it has to much action to me. Wouldn't they dial that back to really emphasize the personal story of the muslim woman having to deal with the various forms of bias and discrimination her mind projects into the foggy reality? Also, perhaps they would remove the fog too considering they need to "break tradition".

Also also pyramid head would have Trump hair… or end up helping the muslim woman because he's popular so he shouldn't be evil.

A big problem everyone had with Army of Two in the sequel was them trying to make it all serious. While the first game had them getting framed for murder of a politician you still had them doing some friendly or funny banter. Salem asking who was the best member of the Wu-Tang Clan while in combat was one.

Then the sequels and the shitty tie-in comic fucks up their dynamic by doing 'WAAAAAH I DON'T LIKE YOU BUT WE WORK WELL TOGETHER SO WE'RE STUCK' then Salem becoming evil due to 40th's shitty ending.

And knowing how Capcom is koshered nowdays, it's for the best.

Just one game but I'm still absolutely pissed they took the brand and used it on a bioshock clone completely unrelated to the original.

eto pizdetsy suka byladt nahuy

I know, there was supposed to be a second one, but it got cancelled. And I couldn't agree more on the retarded direction they made the new "Prey"

It hurts, it hurts so bad.

Reminder this is not far from reality.

R.I.P. Silent, may you grave never be raped again.

that was dead from the moment they pulled the fucking bait&switch on the main waifu.
Just accept it legends anons. Capcom wanted it to die, but the 'demo' proved too popular despite the endless interference.

They really thought the fans would pull a Homer Simpson and build some ungodly tax write-off monstrosity. Oh how naive and faithless are we….

Didn't we already live that meme?
I think it had something to do with beavers of insatiable hunger and some strange encyclopaedia of internet personalities.

Anyway, always chose this over Wipeout, so this gets my pick.

Wait how is there a sequel? didn't the 40th day ended with one of them or china dead?

Did you heard the tale of Kyle Katarn the outcast?

I don't know why they had to BUY this franchise to use a name that barelly fits the new 2017 game. It's like they had the franchise rights in the pockets and only decided to use the name and discard it. Prey 2017 could have been named "The adventures of Gook in the space station" or someshit.

The first game was at least five or six layers of irony deep. It's like the Robocop of third-person cover-based shooters.

They had to use the name for copyright law reasons, I think. If you don't use it, you lose it. And even though they had no intention of actually continuing the Prey franchise, the kikes aren't going to give something up for free. That's also why they had to threaten a lawsuit for that Prey For the Gods game and make them change it to Præy For the Gods.

And I'm pretty sure they didn't have much interest in buying the franchise, they just wanted to force a buyout of the studio. When the studio wouldn't buckle, they took Prey from them.

What do people like about the original Prey? It's just another linear corridor shooter for consoles. The only interesting thing was that you play as a Native American shooting aliens.

Diablo died at 2; there is no D3

Wolfenstien :^)

RIP Rune Factory

rest in piece red faction guerilla destruction engine.