Grim Dawn

What's the best class combination in the expansion and why is it Reaper?

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/q2MAo842
store.steampowered.com/app/219990/Grim_Dawn/
grimtools.com/calc/62avARxV
grimtools.com/calc/vNQQXMpN
grimtools.com/calc/RZR98vxV
grimtools.com/calc/w26MmP0N
grimtools.com/calc/RZR91dBV
grimtools.com/calc/8NKQ1DJV
grimtools.com/calc/0V0A01rZ
grimtools.com/calc/b28qO9KV
grimtools.com/calc/qNYlBlZ6
grimtools.com/calc/RZR9vMrV
grimtools.com/calc/xZyDKjkV
grimtools.com/calc/nZoXMovN
grimtools.com/calc/aZqBnv4N
grimtools.com/calc/d2jB7qq2
grimtools.com/calc/
grimtools.com/calc/eVLJxbdN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be a heretic elsewhere. Purifier is the best or at least the coolest.

So what exactly is the difference between Grim Dawn, Victor Vran, and The Adventures of Van Helsing?

How do you get some decent AoE? every aoe skill does shit damage. I don't wanna waste 5 minutes attacking individual mobs with single target.

poison, acid, ice, frost and vitality damage, all you could ever want

necro's revenous earth and bone harvest pretty much destroy everything if specced correctly as well as you maximize the damage for poison, ice and vitalty. its also got a 3 sec cooldown and you could even get it lower.

They're 3 different games the only similarity is that they're ARPGs

Grim Dawn is Diablo 2 x Torchlight with a Fantasy Post-Apoc Paint Job. Expect to be put into a deep sleep from it's skill combos.
Surprisingly pc taxing.

Adventures of Van Helsing is a poorly maintained rollercoaster, with highpoints and low points, and eventually the brakes malfunction and the train flies off the rails.

Victor Vran is Slowwwwwwwww. Like Molasses going uphill in january in crutches.

Cool game.

Van Helsing was too bloated to keep installed but was fine for a playthrough. Grim Dawn is fun but difficulty is either non-existant or getting one shot; and there is 0 map variety even though the game sort of expects you to play through it 3 times. Would have hugely benefited from even mirroring maps. It's the best in the genre since Diablo 2.

Just play a Death Knight for super fast clear times, man.

I'm having fun with my mage hunter, maxed flames of ignaffar, got all the ele damage from arcanist and thanks to mirror/maiven's sphere/inquis seal I'm basically immortal has long has I stand in the seal
Also it's kinda hilarious how my aura of censure crits and just outright kills trash before they can get to me, I want to get to ultimate and see how I fare there since vet/elite so far have been fairly easy

What would be a decent class to pair with inquisitor? Currently using dual wield guns and those runes you put on the ground that explode, so preferrably something that compliments that, with attack speed if possible. Occultist maybe?
But it has defferent types of damage, i need piercing and cold. Necro has some of that but it seems more spells/summon oriented.

Or just get something defensive like soldier for the passives?

Try a Cadence Inquisitor or something, I've been wondering how that would work out.

does markovian's advantage work with ranged weapons? And does bursting round activate with cadence? It doesn't say it's a default weapon's attack.

I'm Death Knighting on my new character with a Boss Scythe no less. After taking him past normal, I'm thinking of taking my Elite Demo into Purifier.

Because cadence is not a default weapon attack. It only activates every 3rd strike tho, so 2/3 strikes are default weapon attacks and they can proc WPS. Markovians advantage works with ranged weapons too but I don't think it has any animation.

id like to join in the fun with my skele bros and just decimate enemies with bone harvest. shit is so satisfying seein enemies fly up in the air after getting hit by it. got my cooldown down to a second on that so i can just spam it. I hope they dont stop adding dlc. they gotta make more classes and explore the southern area of the map

This is not how you call Battlemage

Yeah attaching an on-attack effect to pets gives pets that on-attack ability.

Thinking of making an Infiltrator. Is there any good Inquisitor skills to level with or should I just use Amarasta's Blade Burst? Rune of Hagarrad and Rune of Kalastor both sound decent, I've heard Storm Box is good early on. Flames of Ignaffar is too mana intensive for early game I think.

All of you heretics need Kymon.

Wait are you telling me you can get on-hit constellations and put them on the mister skeltals?

Yes. And the damage they deal is then based on your pet damage.

I didn't pay much attention to van helsing.
Victor Vran is a very simple game with very engaging combat. It sacrifices almost all class building and loot hunting for by far the best combat of a diabo clone I've seen. It's more of a top down action game where you just happen to be able to deck out your character with different items.

What are the best items for increasing pet speed?
Are there any I can get fairly early on?

Post your builds.

holy shit what game is this and should i buy it?

Yes. Buy it right now, here's the steam page. Don't forget to purcahse The Crucible DLC as well as the new Ashes of Malmouth DLC!
store.steampowered.com/app/219990/Grim_Dawn/

It's a pretty solid ARPG so if you like games like Diablo (1 & 2, fuck 3) PoE or Torchlight, get it.

Has anyone tried a gunslinger Purifier with maxed out Fire Strike line and Inquisitor WPS?

If you want to support the devs, yeah. It's a pretty good game. It's on GOG as well.

NOICE
thanks

Pirate it before you buy it, it has a GOG release so that shouldn't be hard.

I've been running a fire purifier build with lightning. My finished build is going to be centered around the new Mythical Ulzuin's set.
grimtools.com/calc/62avARxV
Wish I had better accessories though.
Once I put the whole set on in grim tools I almost fainted.
grimtools.com/calc/vNQQXMpN

Hi Edgelord

Good taste

grimtools.com/calc/RZR98vxV
Dying is for manlets.

But you both spelled witchblade wrong. Commando is also an acceptable answer.

Soldier makes for extremely nasty melee pierce builds that play like a more durable blademaster, with insane single-target damage and around 70% RR. You can also go forcewave if you like yourself a more durable style, which makes you a workable DoT/tank. If you want to go ranged, demo, for fire/lightning support and the AOEs you can blast everyone with.

I know its a meme but I actually only play this game to fall asleep, I can be full of energy and can't last 30 minutes without passing out

I did that with other games too. Some games are just comfy and make for good snoozes.

I'm don't have enough material for another haunted steel for the empowered krieg cleaver. My original haunted steel is with a death omen but I think for my vacuum cleaner build, the krieg cleaver works better (20% chance of AoE 100% lifesteal nova of 2k after bonus) compared to death omen's curse of 6% life reduction + 1000 vit damage that can activate every 2 seconds and procs the damage every 5.

Just some advice on what to do with the last Devotion points.
3 points in Behemoth for Giant's Blood. Turtle is really only good for early game.
3 points in Hawk for the %OA and %Crit.

grimtools.com/calc/w26MmP0N

Wait that was the wrong link. It linked the other user's build for some reason. I'm a faget

lvl 28 druid here, so how the fuck do i solve for the children quest? i cant go through the door after defeating cronley. i talked to the woman, she gave me the quest but the door is unpathable

An interesting idea.

Are the games so boring theyre a natural sedative

Or is the game just so comfy, its become TOO comf?

You mean that dead asshole with megalomaniac complex who is basically fantasy joseph smith? Or you mean crazy asshole who lives in a basement who is his god?

Uroboruuk literally did nothing wrong

>that yellow spirit of a deceased (((Chosen))) is totally not necromancy because he believed in god
Vigil are clearly the better guys.

Can you join (((chosen))) as necromancer?

I have the Shepard's Call unlocked and it has a 25% chance to hit pet buff, but I can't even see Summon Skeletons or any of my other summons as an option when choosing a skill to apply it to.

Alright I did some respeccing in my devotions to test some things out. I wasn't able to bind Shepard's Call to any summons, but I was able to bind Flame Torrent to them. But I also wasn't able to bind Raise the Dead. I also wasn't able to bind Raise the Dead to Curse of Frailty, which is what I had Shepard's Call bound to.
What's the deal? These are all % on hit attacks, so what defines what can they be bound to or not?

It works randomly because they fucked devotion system up. Sometimes you cant bind, sometimes you can but it does nothing.

Nope, not even if you tell them you remember the 6 billion (lives lost during Grim Dawn). Only Vigil accepts everyone, though they do not like Inquisitors much they will still let you in.

Well that's gay. When you say they fucked it up does that mean it's going to be fixed or is this Working As Intendedâ„¢?

I think it will be fixed, looks like most of the problems happen around new classes so fixes might happen.

You can't bind any devotion to any skill, but instead groups of skills.
For example, you can only have Shepard's Call on an attacking move, because it procs on attack, while you can only have Turtle's Shield on a persistent effect like Menhir's Will or Veil of Shadows.

Raise the Dead used to be On kill so it couldn't be bound to anything that didn't do damage. They probably just forgot to allow it for non damaging skills when they changed it to on attack.

grimtools.com/calc/RZR91dBV
Changed my build around. Gave up completely on mana and health regen (why save up myself when I can take health and absorb mana from other people). Next 8 levels going to be to used to pump in on the lightning (now vitality) totem. Shame the totems can't actually lifesteal for me.

Based on this projection of the build, I expect this to be my endgame skill tree.
grimtools.com/calc/8NKQ1DJV

But that's not true. I have Twin Fangs bound to Raise Skeletons, Scorpion Sting bound to Summon Blight Fiend, and Flame Torrent bound to Summon Hellhound. Those are all proc on attack moves bound to pet summons, and they now trigger whenever my pet attacks and gets the proc.
I just seems weird to allow most proc attacks work this way and most others not. So far the only two I've found that I can't bind to summons are the Reaper and the Shepard's Crook.

Well if that does get fixed the devs will be officially cool in my book, and I will buy the game.

Those two have always been like that, you can't have your pets boost themselves or summon more pets. Design decision, I'm guessing.

Just dont get crucible, its shit.

I've been using it to speedlevel new characters and get easy devotion points. If I ever see it on sale for an absurdly low amount like a dollar I'll buy it.

That's unfortunate. Oh well, I can keep Shepard's Call on Curse of Frailty and if I ever get a good necro pistol I'll stick devil ammo on it and use it for Raise the Dead.
Side question: I've never played an ARPG into lategame before. How crucial is building to focusing on only a few elements? Because I know my skeletons deal phys and vit damage, my blight fiend does phys and poison, my hellhound does fire and phys and my crow does phys and lightning. And most of the necro equipment I've seen just boosts vit damage or maybe aetherial.
tldr what should I build/skill on a Cabalist other than +% to pet damage/summons+curse of frailty?

So any anons kills modrogen or the ravager yet?

Holy fuck a use for Fissure at last.

They have unique dialogue for Apostates, actually. (Necro/Inquisitor)
Something about you having an open mind.

How do you level your apostate? Pet build? I suppose the sheer power of inquisitorial seal can carry that, but I see no other synergy.

I mostly did it for the new content. Initial leveling was Word of Power, then Skeletons and the big poison zombie. Ignaffar is a wonderful tool. There's also the healing spell and Inquisitor seal, of course.

However, you are terribly squishy. It's not something I'd run in Hardcore, that's a build I'm thinking on for my Perdition run. Not sure if he should be Inquisitor/Soldier or what, because of the LOADS of acid damage.

Grim dawn stresses me the hell out with the skill system.

I always feel like I have to focus really hard on one specific thing or gravitate to focusing on just two active skills or I'm just splashing points around- And even at capped level I feel like I can never fully tap into a skill tree and feel incomplete.

I feel the same way for the most part. It doesn't help that I've always had an uncomfortable compulsion to max out any particular talent in a skill tree that I'm investing points in, which is clearly not at all optimal for at least half the skills you'd be taking based on what I'm seeing in some builds I've looked at.

Inq has lots of flat damage I guess. Could be pretty okay with lots of skellies.

That's the point.

You can always cheat.

I've long since deleted this character.

Is there any way to delete the shared stash entirely and totally start over? I feel a little dirty

Since you've messed with the dark arts I have a question. My Cabalist is the first character I made, which means I completely fucked up my attribute distribution. Is there a good tool to use to fix it? Grim Dawn Trained Hard looks perfect but it hasn't updated yet, and I've tried a bunch of the other cheats but they're ghetto shit that barely works with garbage interfaces.

Just delete your save file.

Expansion has attribute reset potions.

If you're going to hang back and let your pets do the work, then +pet damage/OA/DA/resists are your main focus, but there's also a few other things like resist reduction and debuffing enemies. Most endgame pet gear will have +% all damage, so the variability in pet damage types isn't as big a deal as for other builds.

GD Defiler is the best option, though I believe the new version of GD stash also has this functionality. The xpac also gives you potions to reset attribute allocation if you like.

Grim Defiler is my tool, and it's… alright. A little jank, but gets the job done. Alternatively, you can do the first side quest on the DLC content and get the potion of reshaping, which specifically rerolls your attributes.

Well after I made the Cabalist and got to steps of torment I felt kind of bored, so I made a Purifier and had a lot of fun but I felt so extremely squishy that I tried to meet halfway with an Apostate but I was still getting roasted so I ended up crawling back to skeleton gangbang coordinator.

Necro+Occult is fun? i wanna do a skelly build like Diablo2
Been playing modded Original sin 2 and i want to do something like this

I think the max skellies is 8, but it might go higher (if you can get enough bonus points in the right skill…) and the pets can be comically powerful since Skellies have power from your main hand weapon, which is B USTED. But max you can get like 10 or so minions entirely.

Oh nice
One more question: Can you be a summoner without depending on item summons with the skellies? i hated having to walk arround with a circus of random critters

Skeletons starts with 3 on the base skill. You get one more, up to 8, by investing in more points. Later you get a big ass zombie, a short-lived ghost, and a few other things are hiding in Devotions.

With the Occultist, you get a big dog and a little bird, and that's roughly it. As for item summons, now there's a skeletal golem relic and a wraith in a book.

Due to the power of skellies, you're not really reliant on much outside of them.

Jesus fucking christ what are those Ugdenbog golems made of? a pack of those fuckers can tank more than some bosses, and their ground vines attack has a bit of tracking and hits like a goddamn truck
Also this in elite, I cant fucking wait to fight them in ultimate

Oh, the skelly summon limit does not limit the other summons? so you could walk arround with 8 skellies + the circus of abominations?

Oh, yeah. As far as I know there's no upper pet limit, though I could be wrong. Skellies do act a little odd after 5, but it's a visual bug. Don't worry if some seem to hang back on you.

I guess im really buying the expansion then, thanks

To everyone who bitches about Kymon being a literal demon, yada, yada.

Korvaak may be Empirion and not the other way around

Who the fuck is Korvaak, again?

Deepest lore.

ChThon has every right to be fucking pissed, Cairn shouldn't even exist.

He is not a demon pretending to be a god, but a god who pretends to be a demon? How is that any better? And how is that related to (((chosen)))?

Korvaak*

I fucked up my own post.

Anyways, I wanted to ask you for some advice running a purifier. Currently I'm in my low 20's and going with maxed word of pain and maxed rune of kalastor, making my way to max ignition. But I'm getting my shit pushed in because Word of renewal is only at level 1. In any of my pyro builds I always level with Greater Fireball and Flintcore Bolts + canister bombs until I hit the soft cap at 50 and can respect to a fun build. Should I go for it? Just level with rune of kalastor until I max Inquisitor or should I still level with word of Pain, max that tree and respect in the 50's?

Isn't that the point of the lore? That when lower being decide that they know better than the gods shit gets fucked up? Look at Solael, Bysmiel and Dreeg. They have sects upon sects in their name and their followers were the ones who probably unearthed the cult of Chton. Modgrogen is a stuck up retard that you can bitch slap into respecting you and too arrognat to admit that Urooboruk is a (((chosen))).
This is a world where all actual Gods are dipshits and those who were not mortal once are cosmic horrors. Doesn't get any more Grim than this.

This just means that he's a recycled primordial wash-up. The only constant in this world is that most gods die when no one believes in them any more, when the last faithful dies and forgets they ever existed. The (((chosen))) pray to Empyrion and Korvaak gets the spoils but a sect of undead worshippers can push their shit in? The Barrow people pray to Wendigo and that is enough to keep all the Underbog at bay (while the Chosen can hardly keep half of Sorrow Bastion). And the Arkovians prayed to their gods to no end but that didn't help them at all. Divinities still exist (in fact, the in game explanation for extra Devotions is that new constellations have arrived because more Gods are paying attention to Cairn) but they seem to be bound by a set of unspoken rules. Which is why, if Korvaak had any power, he wouldn't have been forgotten pre and post arkovia.

Anyone want to play co op? I'm thinking of making a tank build which means I need someone to do the damage.
It's a commando for anyone who's wondering.

Their real tankiness comes from them having attack speed reduction on their attacks. You want something that relies on cooldowns and hits hard, like blitz or ring of steel, to deal with them effectively in melee.

I've been meaning to level a vitality character, sure.

We'll have to do it this friday, I've got work till then.

What are you, gay?

Yes

Pets don't scale with weapon damage.

Just wait until aether colossi. They tank, they go fast, and they shoot shit at you. Plus, they have friends that also go fast and stun you.

Yeah I found that the expansion enemies are a pretty good shit test for any build. I actually rehauled my build philosophy while in malmoth.

You have a build philosophy?

I could have sworn last thread we had a screencap of that.

Huh.

I think I'm going insane.

Stuff like maintain enough mana regen to support near-constant channeling or having enough mana absorb from enemy skills to ignore mana regen altogether but channeling is relegated to be used in emergencies or when you're standing on top of the enemy's AoE spell, which will rapidly regen your mana.

You have the character build, which is your design for how skill and stat points are allocated and what skills are taken and why, while the build philosophy dictates what sort of loot your character would want and what sort of add-ons your gear would use in turn once you have enough resist in order to make your build as efficient as possible. I can have my channeling build played with mana regen or with mana absorb, but with mana regen I would be sacrificing a lot of potentially good loot to maintain my regen above sustainable threshold while if I'm after mana absorb, I can use 4 soul shards on my medal, amulet and rings and that'll get me 120% mana absorb but in turn lock out the add-ons I can use for these 4 slots but allow me more freedom in my equipment.

If I want to make a build tankier, what's the best option:

DA?
Physical Resistance?
Armor/Armor Absorption?

Speaking primarily as a caster in Hardcore, one of Malmouth's bosses came dangerously close to killing me when I wasn't paying attention and took a few melee hits. But also so I know what to keep in the stash for when I make a melee character.

How do you assign your keys?

I have my secondary attacks bound to 1 and 2, my potions to mouse 4 and 5 (right above where my thumb rests, uh, at rest) and everything else to various number keys (things like auras and minion summoning.)

Damage absorption, like from blast shield. It doesn't work like the turtle devotion, instead it takes that much damage away from every attack. This also makes you immune to DoT because of how it applies damage.

Use 1-5 and q-t as my hotbar. Auras and pemanent shit gets put on the Y-bar. A/S is energy/health.

My main attacks are left and right click, while my other 2 buttons on my mouse are for other attacking skills. I keep potions on R and E while using the hotbar mostly for auras and shit.

Purifier here, max vigor and get a yellow devotion, like turtle, stag or lion. That extra HP goes a long way.
Also get the hawk devotion and dump everything on phys.

forgot second ss

Talking in terms of equipment. I'm not a Demolitionist, the only damage absorption I could get is Blade Barrier and its pretty shit.

Then you probably want resists, hp and circuit breakers.

I've already got maxed resists on everything and maxed Physique/multiple HP devotions. I need general physical protection of some kind.

Get physical resists, armour stops at around 7k and armour absorption just helps max it out.

…Is it Cunning that would govern that? I would have thought Spirit, because of the fire damage. Or is Grenado mostly physical damage? A

When my build is complete we'll compare it to your's then champ. May the best 'sploding man win.

It's just not gonna happen. Armor is flat damage reduction but enemies can hit for 4k+. The new C'thon nemesis hit me for 8200 earlier today and that was after he reduced my max health by 30%. Physical resist comes in too small amounts to make much of a difference. DA stacking still leaves you open to random bursts of damage. Best bet is stacking health and percentage healing.

wat

I meant that you'll probably get 7k armour at most. That's the highest I could get it by playing around with Grim tools.

+% damage is the least effective way to actually improve your damage output. That's why physique beats both other stats as a point sink.

It is. High Impact gives you 75% chance of 250% extra Physical damage, Shattering Blast gives Internal Trauma, +50% Crit Damage and doubles Pierce/Fire damage (not too much). Ulzuin's Chosen, on top of that, gives you +115% for damage with cooldown reduction procs. Didn't go Inquisitor yet, but if it works with Deadly Aim it'll be a build of the decade.

Indeed.

*teleports behind you*
Nothin' personnel, kid

God, how do you keep track of things in combat? Such constant bouncing must be confusing.

Ah, so this what people mean when they get triggered

Oh ya, I'm trained to the point where if I suddenly start taking a huge chunk of damage, I look to check my aura first. Funny thing is, I can also do it it them thanks to devotion skills.

I'm actually mad and amused, mad at that cheap death I mean it's softcore so at most it's the walking back but amused at the fact that the devs had the balls to actually put that in the game, respect.

It's amazing how well-done that OH SHIT moment is in this. Almost nothing oneshots you, you almost always have a moment to react, and Constitution means that if you play well you have a fallback regardless of build, at least a few times.

They really need to bugtest this some more.

Full cunny build? Now I'm interested, what's the breakdown on a Grenado purifier?

This is nice thread

Cabalist best build. You can go full satanic vitality/chaos damage caster, poison acid plague bringer, or the ultimate minion commander. Best aesthetic

Theres some unique items that increase the summon limit so you can have at least 10 skels + other pets. All I ever wanted is to just run around with a party of skels like diablo 2 and grim dawn let's me do it.

Aren't pet boni the only relevant stats for MM?
I've taken a peek at endgame equipment, and it seems like Cabalists get items that either increase minion count for more total gains out of pet boni. There also seems to be a focus on retaliation damage, and it looks like there's a weak synergy between (double) dog with Hellfire and your fire mages.
Here's something I whipped up, mind you, I have no idea what I'm doing:
grimtools.com/calc/0V0A01rZ

Forced me to lure the enemies into my position using pets, I usually just go anywhere with my twin guns blazing. Also this taught me the importance of personal riftgate.

Pet heals are the most important thing once you have decent pet stats.

alt+click = ignore everything and run past it all.

I think one of the worst things about Grim Dawn is its music. It's not bad, I like to play it during my tabletop games, but you really need music that gets your blood pumping in games like this.
What do you guys listen to?

Some of the music in grim dawn is REALLY fucking good like embed related. The issue is that they decided to have pretty much the entire soundtrack play in any area you go to so it rarely ever gets matched with any of the unique looking areas in the game giving very little personality to both the music & the areas you're exploring. This track for example would've been amazing to just have it play around the early zones around the swamp to get you in the mood for a gloomy & dark world. Instead they decided to throw a lot of fairly mediocre tracks & slapped them onto every zone so nothing feels like it stands out.

I need to re-read my sentences instead of rushing to post next time. To put it simply, taking D2 for example you've got each of the major areas paired with a single but memorable track. If you had somethng like the tristram theme playing in every other zone out of the blue like they do it in grim dawn it really would mess with the atmosphere

what would be a good tank build for a first playthrough? I usually go through games as a tank first until I can get the feel for them and the stats.

Soldier + Anything, honestly.
Particularly good ones might be Shaman or Necromancer - a lot of the Death Knight gear is extremely defensive and will make you pretty unkillable.

Cool, I'll go that route. Thanks

What to do?

How does damage absorption stack? If my Purifier levels up both Blast Shield and Inquisitor Seal, will they stack, will it adopt the higher value or will Blast Shield be used even if it has inferior value when it procs?

what you do is go necro+occult and max skellies + max skellies. then you get the Reaper trait that summons skellies on hit. you assign it to the skellies. now every skellie has a 35% chance to summon another skellie (with a maximum of 3 extra skellie per skellie) on hit that scales with pet bonuses because you assigned it to skellies.

with reaper trait i mean the last point in the reaper devotion (on the left side)

Try Diablo 2

I tried it for holy fuck almost 20 years already.

I believe flat damage absorption stacks

You can't assign raise the dead to pets

Is there any way to speed up when out-of-combat regeneration starts? Feels like I can't go more than two seconds without taking a tick of damage in some fights.

You can't raise skellies with skellies. But all attack-type devotion procs can be placed on minion skills. Anything with a relatively lower chance of proccing or hits a large area is a good choice because each skellie can proc them individually. Good examples include Tsunami, Fissure, things like that. Go with what you have bonuses for.

That constellation is fucking garbage

That's because they scale off player damage and you probably don't have enough vit/aether and they also scale pretty well with levels. They're also a devotion proc which probably shouldn't be even close to the power levels of a skill that you invest a ton of skillpoints into.
They're probably still pretty mediocre as far as devotion procs go though.

I'm level 27 and have only picked Soldier for my first class choice, and just killed Cronley. Should I be worried about figuring out a second class choice soon? I'm having a hard time seeing how I could benefit what I'm already doing with any of the other classes.

HOW FUCKING SLOW ARE YOU GOING?!
Anyway, basically soldier synergizes with basically anything.
Demolitionist, Occultist, or Shaman are the common choices.
All of them bring a lot of damage and regen. Occultist is probably my favorite that debuff they get is fantastic

So, my old pre-expansion character is a commando which I was running as a gunslinger, but now that the expansion dropped I made a purifier which seems way better at the dual pistols thing since I don't need to waste a slot on a marauder's belt/artifact.

I want to rebuild my original character into something else now. I was thinking something with a shield, but I also found a pretty nice purple 2h hammer with +1 to demolitionist skills. Any ideas?

Is that really slow? I just try to go through each area in its entirety and kill everything and do any quests I find.

As long as you not out-leveling mobs around you its fine.

Assuming you're full tilt into Soldier and running Cadence, there's nothing wrong with dipping a little into a secondary class that has really useful early skills. Off the top of my head I can think of Nightblade's Pneumo Breath which will give you %health restore and +total speed every 15 seconds, or Necro's Bone Harvest which is a gigantic fuckoff AOE you can get at 5(?) mastery.

Also note Cadence's 3rd hit is its own thing and will not stack with proc attacks like Markovian's Advantage.

Would've been a better loading hint than "stronger enemy give better loots" etc.

I'm the kind of person who don't read wiki.

It only took going back to town 3 times and spending all my money on health potions, but I threw 3000 runes at Krieg until he died.

nice, for that achievement I just went occultist max'd evil eye and put like 2 points in curse with basically nothing in mastery, poison does work.

Most of the classes have a kind of mininal "support build" in them:

Inquisitor can go for Word of Renewal and it's third modifier Steel Resolve for a heal and all-purpose buff (that gives useful Aether and Chaos resists) along with Deadly Aim to make your crits hurt more.
Arcanist can go for a one pointer Iskandra's Elemental Exchange with the Elemental Balance modifier maxed purely for the Critz. Inner Focus gives %OA along with %spirit for any gear that might need it. You have Mirror of Ereoctes as an OH SHI.. button and Maiwens Protective Sphere for damage absorb at the cost of a bit of damage.
Occultist can use Solael's Witchfire purely for the attack speed boost even if you don't care about the chaos damage. There's that lovely resist buster Curse of Frailty that has some use in almost every kind of build and Blood of Dreeg for heals and phys and poison resists wit the Aspect of the Guardian modifier.
Demolitionist has Flame Touched which modifer Temper gives bonuses to phys and trauma along with other useful stuff. Blast Shield is an awesome defensive passive that can save your ass and Flash Bang with it's modifer is a useful defensive crowd control skill. There's even a small case for Vindictive Flame.
Shaman is a bit "eh" for a generic support class, but if you're going for two handers there's Brute Force. Mogdrogen's Pact got a buff with the expansion and now the main skill gives you extra flat physical damage and Oak Skin is useful if you're going for a lot of retaliation damage. Finally Wendigo Totem can help keep you alive.
I'm not too hooked on Nightblade as a generic support tree. Sure Pneumatic Burst is an excellent defensive buff and a heal with a rather low cooldown and you have a decent OH SHI.. button in Blade Barrier (though it does root you to the spot when in effect). But I feel you really need to play to the tree's strengths, like going for pierce over physical or having some plan that involves dual wielding.
Necro I just can't see as a generic support tree. Minions require specialization and the other skills and buffs only really work if you're going for the Necromancer's favored damage types.

You could also go Shaman and just max the swarm spell, killed him at level 9 that way.

grimtools.com/calc/b28qO9KV
Here's a relatively basic physical blademaster build. Granted, I have more skills invested in the nightblade side than you would for something like S&B commando, but the investment's about on par with a CoF/Witchfire/Dreeg witchblade. It still maintains the +5 to soldier skills, has circuit breakers out the ass, and can achieve truly staggering OA/DA numbers thanks to having 1k in both stats. You lose the durability that a shield gives you, but make up for it with better AOE and slightly higher damage output. Also, it's relatively easy to swap this into a 2H build with leviathan or S&B with a little tweaking, or spec out of unknown soldier for some flexibility.

I know this is hair-splitting, but what I was trying to getting at was a secondary class you can just graft onto an existing self-contained build without much thought.
Nightblade requires some building around, unless you are grafting it onto a poison build such as DEE.

Go for a demolitionist.
Get blast shield and flame touched, replace cadence with fire strike. Thing is, cadence 3rd strikes replace WPS attacks.

Man I had forgotten how fucking strong is Olexa's flash freeze, screen wide freezing and 98% probability of starting a meteor shower it feels pretty amazing

Cadence has by far the strongest pierce/physical support when it comes to autoattack skills. Also, deadly momentum is probably the single best damage skill for nightblades.

>not having thumbstick bound to move

So I've realized I've completely ignored something pretty important: resistances
I guess none of the armor I equip or the skills/devotions I've taken have given me resists? Or do I have to socket components in order to get resists?
All I know is after getting 1shot three times in a row by the teleporting electric kike nigger at the end of a castle dungeon I socketed just about everything I could with lightning resist.

I'm in a similar situation, I will probably turn my commando into some sort of tank support with as many auras I can put into it

Man this game sorely needed a class like inquisitor. I'm going for a inq/demolitionist, should devotions be pure cunning/aspd for that insane crit skill, or rely a bit more on elemental damage?

Yes.

Resistances are pretty much the most important defensive stat. Most of the time you should prioritize stuff with good resistances over armor or any +damage bonus. Against most enemies the resistances you want are elemental (fire/cold/lightning) and pierce. The rest are more for the lategame/bosses.

Enemies in malmouth have all the element, aether and bleeding. It's terrifying.

By Malmouth it's pretty easy to have maxed all resistances.

I made this.

IMO I think valbury is the dungeon with lowest monster population though you're fucked if you're a melee build

Valbury is piss easy if you go there after finishing Malmouth first

How good is Elemental Seeker?

Generally considered somewhat "meh".

What would be a better proc for a fire/lightning dual gun purifier?

I just cleared that area up to the skeleton key door. Does it get much worse than it already was beyond there?

I hope you like damaging terrain, randomly moving AOEs, enough crystal clusters to jam a whore's cunt.

The game keeps throwing stuff that makes me want to go back to my Cabalist

Solael's witchblade
Rhowan's Crown

Would anyone recommend a good build with an inquisitor? What other class should I combine with it for something fun? What about constellations i should take?

I have not played Grim Dawn in a long time and heard that the constellations have had some significant changes. Last build I did was a complete acid/poison Occultist build.

Im going to get Rhowan's Crown for sure

My plan is:
Elemental Storm on Fire Strike
Elemental Seeker on Bursting Round or Storm Spread and Fissure on the other

Demo+Inquisitor deals a fuckton of damage

Cleanse the world in fire
grimtools.com/calc/qNYlBlZ6

This spirits pretty god with necromancer+Shaman build.

For a BWC build, how does the aura of censure stack up against aura of conviction?

Glass cannon Purifier is super fun, but if i dont get blast shield or that protective rune soon i will start getting one shotted by bosses

What level so far?
actually, just post build.

I just got a legendary from braking a vase in the Tomb of Korvaak.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Can anyone break it and confirm?

That looks like a plot item

It's a fixed drop for a secret quest.

this game is now more or less what I wanted diablo 3 to be

You know what I miss from titan quest ? The fountain checkpoints. Grim Dawn kinda just assumes you're a NEET or that you don't like playing in short bursts. It's especially annoying with large hidden areas in which, obviously, there are no rift portals at all.
I get why they did it, to uncasualize the formula, but still, sometimes I want to stop playing and I just can't or I'd lose all progress except unveiling the map.

That part really annoyed me because I was having stability problems with the game due to Nvidia cards not liking it, but after fixing that it's not so bad.

Feels real fucking gud when you get your endgame weapon off your first real osc attempt.
What a way to end the night.

I just lost 3 tabs full of blues.

motherfucker
granted it was only level 48 but it's still gay as fuck

Just reenable cloud saves and you should get your char back, same thing happened to me last night. Saw something on the GD forums about transferring from cloud to local, might try it today.

Allowing cloud save in the game used to lag it like no tomorrow. Did they fixed it, I turned off cloud save too long ago to remember what was the detail.

Posting the Megumin build - grimtools.com/calc/RZR9vMrV

Shitto.

Is cold still treated like the red-headed stepchild among the damage types?

what are you talking about TSS spellbreaker was incredibly powerful.
(it was also the only build that could actually use cold effectively)

But yeah, cold is still a shit element except for extremely specific builds

Just swap Bursting Round and two levels of Word of Renewal for Aura of Conviction you autist.

Thanks. Now I just screencap that map and I can find it myself.

It only drops on Ultimate Difficulty, and only if you do that Homestead quest to get that chick's diary first.

If you break the pot BEFORE the diary quest, you are Shit outta Luck, friendo.

Anyone have some advice for my Cabalist?
grimtools.com/calc/xZyDKjkV
I'm liking Blood of Dreeg after putting some points into it but I need to start taking some more offensive skills so I put a point into Pox. Otherwise I can only use Curse of Frailty to trigger devotions.

Does anyone have a good Cabalist build? I am, to be perfectly honest, not very good at creating builds myself, especially the devotions, those are always such a mess to figure out.

Lv 33
Can't post build because my browser (Brave) seems unable to get the build link when I use the calculator, and I ain't using googlebotnet or sjwfox no matter what

The build takes the dual pistol passive, the dual blast and the crit buff from Inquisitor and fire strike, vindictive flame and the aura on demo, now building towards blast shield for survavibility
It's fun exploding enemies with 1.7k crits and 165% attack speed at my level

I take it neither of you have seen a soulrend shadow strike build in action.

I really like the dress up system because I can put my equipments into the look of a generic soldier just doing my thing.

I'm so glad they added the Illusionist. Really, every game with a metric fuck ton of gear needs something similar.

Too bad some equip looks like shit on a female. Also best looking body armor or what?

I like most of the generic sets. They look really good in a mundane way.

"Utilitarian" would be a good word to use here.

I loved my armor after playing poe. I am pretty sure a lot of drops are location specific and this dropped from chtonian rift and it was awesome. poe has only dogshit or overthetop item looks and it mostly dogshit

Protip: do not attack the Avatar of Modrogen.
I was just curious to see what would happen!

I need a bit of edge on my armor to achieve true happiness.

Wow, how'd you get a shot like that?

Oh, fuck that, I guess I'll just use FreeCam instead of having to make new characters on some mod.

I wish the way it organized available skins in the UI was better. I also wouldn't mind a way to show all possible skins in any given slot, with the ones you don't have blanked out, for the sake of making it into a potential personal objective to collect them all.

Fiendscale jacket is a best. I even use it for my current vitality build even though this build isn't ebola-chan. But the colour is seriously hurting my eyes.

Honestly, the item I'm subbing in (Venomsomethingorother robe) makes me want to remake a missionary of Dreeg build.

Would that be a Cabalist with Blood of Dreeg line, Eye of Dreeg line, and Blight Fiend line?

Oh god, I forgot that exists now. I think my original build was Shaman and Occultist, with Acid and Poison the main focuses. Blood of Dreeg, Eye of Dreeg, anything else with Poison and Acid. But a Cabalist would be way way better, especially with the joys of Ravenous Earth, Blight Fiend, etc.

Part of me wants to make the Blight Fiends into suicide bombers, but I don't know how viable/energy hungry that would be.

Anyone got experience with high level Necro pets? I have the skellies maxed out and they are great, but I'm curious about the others. The Reap Spirit seems good, doesn't take too many points to max out compared to other pets, and has a short cool down. Blight Fiend has been good too, especially the AOE. I'm wondering how they stack up to the Occultist pets though. I have 1 point in the Familiar and fire doggy just to pull some aggro but I'm not sure if they are worth more attention.

The Hellhound gets a hellfire aura which buffs all allies with fire damage. That and I've put points into Blood of Dreeg to heal and buff my pets further.

I have Blood of Dreeg maxed out already. Seems too good to pass up. Getting further into occultist for Hellfire/Bonds/Aspect would probably be worth it. It looks like the skeleton mages do fire damage but I'm not totally sure on that.

Also for those of you who don't already know, 100% on attack activated devotion skills actually track where your cursor is to cast. This is especially valid for the people who bind their cleansing water to an AoE skill and are annoyed they never dispell the right enemy.

What the fuck is this portal? it wasn't here before is it an expansion dungeon?

Port Valbury's been there for months, man.

→

Not since release? I guess I missed that.

At which level should i be going there?

At at least aether resistance 80. Otherwise you're going to be fucked by Valbury steep council rates.

Is there much of an upside or downside to whether or not you spare or kill Anasteria at fort Ikon?

Better to spare her. All you get is a little rep with black legion, but they will be maxed out 1st anyway. Everything gives rep for them. And she is a whole other faction. Unless you dont need any of her items and in that case you can have a little bit of additional mobs here and there in theory. You can also max out her reputation, buy out every item you need and kill her at last difficulty if you really want to minmax.

Unless you're running specific arcanist builds, there's almost no point in killing her. Also, rep grinding for Anasteria consists of running the same dungeon twenty times.

You don't need to run dungeons user. Any old atherials (aside from malmouth's) count towards her rep.

her vendor have a good augments for any build involving Elemental/Aether damage and good weapon augments what add pure HP.

Pretty sure you can max out every rep with just normal+nightmare difficulty if you purchase all the rep buffs on normal. Without doing stupid ass bounty quests. 1 broken piece of shit for that amount of looking for enemy? Fuck you! And rep levels are also fucked. On low level you dont have enough rep to purchase what you need, and after you gain rep you already dont need what they sell. And later reps are easier to grind, but when you gain their rep level you cant use gear because its level restricted. I pretty much never was able to purchase anything except enchants from them.

So this is going to be why I will continue grinding in the skeleton key dungeons isn't it?

those only go up to level 75

still good for gathering levelling legendaries though. The actual level 75+ I'll be getting in the dungeons would instead be a bonus while this is the clear aim to me at least.

I'm still pissed off that you can't actually make a character that looks anything like OP's pic.

I've been of the assumption that the busty harlot in the OP is an NPC in Malmouth or possibly a boss.

Woah im at almost 7k dps at lv45 without procs
Never had a build work so well so fast before

Purifier is really the best

Does multiple elemental resistance reduction debuffs stack?
I plan to pick the Viper constelation for the -20% elemental resists if it stacks with the debuff from Elemental Storm (Rhowan's Crown) for a total of -52% elemental resists

she isn't

I am upset.

Check out some sets.

those two will stack but not in that way. There are three types of resist reduction. X reduced resists which does not stack with others of the same type(highest value is used) and is applied before other resists. It reduces resistances directly. (50% becomes 30% in the case of 20 reduced resist)
X% reduced resists which may or may not stack with itself, unsure, and reduces resists multiplicatively. So, Viper would reduce an enemy with 50% resist down to 40%, Additionally, negative resists will be further increased by the amount (-50% becomes -60%)
Third type of resist is -X% resist. Note the minus sign which is not present in the second type. This one stacks with others like it and is applied last. It reduces resistances directly by the amount stated (50% becomes 30% in the case of -20% resist)

Should have clarified that I meant negative rep grinding, to get to nemesis and steal her hat.

See , but it'll also depend on what class combo and equipment you use. They might have independent RR options that outstrip one or both of those constellations.

I don't think there's a single set in the game that even vaguely resembles a dress.

I think its important to add that even if it says so on paper it might work differently in practice especially with new classes and there is pretty much no way to know. Although you probably can test that at the dps doll.

grimtools.com/calc/nZoXMovN

those rolls worked out great. Got myself 3 new gear

What do you think of my Pozmage?
grimtools.com/calc/aZqBnv4N
I know the stats are all fucked, trying to find that attribute reset potion now that I've started the DLC.

I've got a question about resistance penalties on curses and other such skills. Can skills like curse of frailty push enemy resists into negatives?

Now that they got illusionist it means they're working on full model customization, r-right?

If you're still looking, talk to the new DLC npc girl in Devil's Crossing and take her sidequest. The reward is what you're after.

That reminds me, their illusionist still lacks the most important feature. I can't transform into a little girl

I fully expected her to be Amala and the whole lone survivor refugee thing just an act to trick the last bits of human resistance into breaking itself via a futile assault on the biggest aetherial stronghold in the area.

There was a touhou-style shooter like this and I'm deeply frustrated I can't find it.

Playing a spellbinder now, using skeletons with iskandra's elemental exchange aura to buff them. Any tips for the future of such a build?

Remember that you can bind some Devotion procs to your skellies. Focus on them, they have more synergy with your Arcanist stuff than the Fiend. If you like buffing your Skels, look into Call of the Grave and the toggled aura early in Necro. I'd advise against the triggered attacks in Necro, though, since unless you slot Necro into a melee build (Such as, say, Shaman) they're close-to-useless since you shouldn't be in melee and you should be using a wand/offhand.

IIRC, Arcanist has a panic button you will need, as well. You'll be squishy as fuck, so don't neglect defense.

Yeah, enemy resist can be as negative as you'd like.

Dude, what the fuck are you doing?

I'm still using lv24 guns (yellow and green quality) at lv47
How the fuck iam not finding anything better? How the fuck my DPS is literally overninethousand anyways?

user, a DPS of 10k isn't impressive. You'll soon meet mooks that have 35k hp each.

Found a lonely ghostboy in the Steps.

I feel you, kind of. Mostly because my lv30 scythe gives +4 to a resistance reducing skill and a fuckton of +% aether dmg. I'm wondering when I'll replace it.

at least its better than mine, I'm currently making a defiler and using flame touched to buff them pls no bully
also mixing it with grenado, i figure grenado is a good boss killer and skeletons are only good against bosses if you have the required gear and abilities for them, otherwise they're just fodder that can farm the trash if you get the right devotion

Honestly i doubt any kind of defiler can survive ultimate mode for long in comparison to builds that focus solely on either player character bonuses or pet bonuses, not to mention the complete lack of synergy between the builds

Oh, good shit, I can mostly compare with diablo 2 in terms of mechanics (it's the ARPG I am most familiar with), where resistance breaking and capping was very involved. Also, in terms of skellingtons and elemental damage, don't forget that there's a good chance of raising fireball-chucking skelemages (the one with the wand in my screenshot). Granted, I'd still go with occultist as secondary, the curse of frailty is just too good to pass up as crowd control/target softener. It's like an amped-up Decrepify curse from D2.

I don't doubt your pets kick ass, that's what skeletons do, but there's almost no synergy for Arcanist and Necromancer with regards to pets. Ideally you should be doing metric fucktons of aether damage to everything around you, probably more than any other class combination in the game.
I mean, I thought that was obvious just from looking at the classes.

fug, i meant masteries

That much is true. The Arcanist is almost exclusively designed around dishing insane amounts of Aether (or Chaos, with the beam) damage from the main character. The occultist has the most synergy with the necromancer, but a few other classes give party buffs that could benefit skeletons.

Not objectively true. A lifesteal/vit/vit decay ritualist (necro+shaman) is really, really dank.

This is the piece of shit i had planned, ignore the items i was just fucking around with them
grimtools.com/calc/d2jB7qq2

isn't it just the shaman?
I mean every other class has significantly less pet buffs than the shaman and occultist

Fuck if I know, I just wanted to play a skeleton summoner

Nah, shaman's pet buff is one exclusive skill (and you want the necro one) and the briarthorn's aura for retaliation damage. Not quite worth it as the rest of the are selfish pet buffs.

I am not that familiar with the shaman, but is it really that good for a summon-heavy build? We are talking about a horde of summons here, not life leech (though combining life leech with an army of skeletons could be good).

Then why not pick a class that actually benefits pets, like Shaman or Occultist?

There's specific path for life leech and my build isn't exactly that. But the second skill of the wendigo totem confers and aura in its area that gives extra vit damage and chance to life leech a substantial amount from damage, not to mention it heals 5%+500 every 0.5 seconds at max level.

My build is actually a vacuum cleaner, meaning I mained wendigo totem, lightning totem morphed to vit damage, soul siphon for that sweet AoE insta heal and drain essence, of which my drain essence's dps alone is nearing 30k. I basically stand in a spot and face tank bosses while throwing down totems and sucking their soul out of them.

I just wanted flaming skeletons with emphasis on skeletons
That and i wanted to join kymons chosen and then pick up the necromancer class just to see the dialogue
Yet for some reason no one wants to play with my great build

How would you play a spellbinder then?

Maximize aether damage
Literally the best aether damage build from what i can see
There are harder classes to make work, like the fucking defiler
One side has pet buffs and cold/vitality damage, the other is fire/lightning/chaos damage and no pet buffs
They are literally polar opposites and the worse part is that there is literally no gear to support them apart from a green prefix/suffix that does two abilities that don't work well with each other

You can't join Kymon's as a necromancer, you dolt. They fight necromancers. Why did you pick Arcanist and not Demolitionist if you wanted flaming skeletons, anyway?

This:

because elemental damage is shit with skeletons and they might get more out of the physical damage boost of flame touched instead
Also i like blowing shit up with explosives
Also I'm pretty sure you can join them as long as you don't pick necromancer as a secondary class until after you've joined them
its made my build a hell to solo, like all i'm doing is running in circles spamming grenado
its surprisingly worked so far

Oh, shit, I thought you were the other guy for a second there, my bad.
Really, if you want to use the pets in Necromancer, you're stuck with Shaman/Occultist. Occultist is obviously the best, but Shaman still has absolutely retarded summons, plus it'll make your skeletons super tanky.

fug wrong pick
I thought I saved over that with the original

if you have the original, I need it too

I already have a shaman necromancer, i just wanted to see if defiler was viable
so far its not looking like it
I mean demolition occultist summoner works out really well, i figured necro wouldn't be so bad

Reminds me of when I watched The Black Cauldron as a kid. The Cauldron-born scene fucked me right up, was legit spooked by skeletons for years after that.

Caladrius Blaze?
For fuck's sake, user.

Soldier has Field Command and Squad Tactics.

Speaking of spellbinders, can you use the ray plus drain essence at the same time? I have a ton of epics that give +skills to both of those.

It would actually be cool if having levels in both channeling skills unlock a new meta skill that utilizes the stats of both skill, but I don't think you can cast both channeling skills at once.

You cannot, but after playing with both Flames of Ignaffar and Conflagaration, I can see why you might want a weaker channelled skill. Sometimes its just not worth it to blast all your energy away with a laser when something else can do it just as well for cheaper, keeping your energy topped off for the times when you really need it. For you, just use Drain Essence as your general purpose street sweeper, then when things get too spicy you can unleash the God-Ray.

Mana absorb from enemy spells is a thing. I will intentionally walk into spells to have unlimited drain essense.

Wait, when the hell did they add a clock to the top of the screen? I don't remember messing with any options.

What would be the most fun and functional build?
pet focused builds are not fun, they are just functional

The one you make yourself.
grimtools.com/calc/

Potentially purifier dual pistol builds or the warder tank aka the "As I walk through the valley of death" build. I'm having a lot of fun with my ritualist vacuum cleaner build though.

Already using purifier dual pistol, working great, but i wonder what to do next, i might convert my lv73 warden from years ago in something interesting (currently two-hander beefy warrior)

If you click the orb above your level, it will toggle a clock display.

Playing as an Apostate, I mostly just sit back and spray Ignaffar into the melee of my skellies, waiting for everything to fall over and for shit to stop blowing up. It's worked pretty well so far.

But what if you could! New meta!

here is a some Legendaries what gives you Drain essence on chance hit.

Yeah but those should have a predetermined level of drain essence installed instead of using your own level of it.

Vacuum cleaner build at level 77 now. Finally maxed out all my resist after getting outcast and homestead to revered.

Any lvl 50~55 wanna do steps on torment? need more Rover rep

Have only high lvl characters. Its Elite right?

my best character is lv51 (lost most of my old characters somehow)
My lv75 warden has a shitty build, not very viable

Show you build.

My lv75? i barely remember, also nevermind im almost finished farming rep

Farming these fucking things is killing the game for me.
Only got 1 in these last 10 attempts.
Worst part is, I need them to make Ugdenbog leather so I can survive poison and bleed, but the shit I need to kill does poison and bleed damage.

user do you not have the black legion at revered? IIRC they do have armor powder for bleed and poison, or was it pierce and poison.

Yea I have those augments on my armor.
Even now, my resists are too low.

Then you probably get rid of all those attacks speed/casting speed components and use anti-poison salve instead.

Take the second Gloomwald rift and hug the top side of the map. You get two guaranteed stumps a couple feet apart with almost nothing to fight between them and the rift. Rinse and repeat.

You're just asking for a bad time, aren't you?

As a Ritualist (summoner, focusing on briarthorn and skeletons), should I bother with grasping vines to trigger shepherd's call?

cheapest trigger you can do is either lvl 1 throw bugs (passes through enemies for multiple proc chance) or drain essence (attacks every 0.3 seconds). I'll argue those work better if all you want is to proc a devotion.

Rate my tank build please
grimtools.com/calc/eVLJxbdN
Also, anyone up for some grim dawn multiplayer on new characters?

Man, this expansion is a literal nightmare for glass cannon builds. I especially liked a boss in the malmouth sewers that only has two attacks, one of which is an unavoidable dash that takes 95% of my hp. On veteran. The fucker spams it too

From the looks of it, you're trying to build some sort of retaliation hybrid. However, you got a lot of foundational issues with your setup.
If you want effective tanky retaliation, you should be a warder. There's really nothing that the demolitionist side does that Mog's pact won't do better, including pumping up your retaliation damage. Meanwhile, wendigo totem is nearly the end-all for tankiness.
Menhir's will and decorated soldier should not be overcapped. If something hits you hard enough to proc a circuit breaker, the extra HP restored is marginal and won't make a difference; also, commando has less options to boost health regen than witchblade or blademaster, making the regen less valuable. Similarly, the extra %physical damage is almost nothing. You're burning skill points for negligible damage and resists. Same goes for shield training, blast shield, squad tactics, and military conditioning. All of them derive very little from overcapping, often a literal 1% per skill point. The only skills worth overcapping with your build are temper, menhir's bulwark, and field command. However, because you rely on retaliation and not attacks, all that flat damage is worthless. You also don't have the assassin's dagger devotion, which is mandatory for anything with pierce/phys.

Vindictive flame is not a good skill, and most WPS offer very limited returns once you go past 6-8 points, since each is going off 25% of the time at best. By contrast, 20/16 blitz with 16/12 blindside can hit for 100k easily before factoring in RR or crits, more than your retaliation by a big margin, while knocking 250 DA off a target. You've also put no points in overguard, which any tank should have maxed. Similarly, you don't have war cry and its modifier maxed, despite doing nearly pure physical damage and wanting to reduce enemy damage. Finally, shard of beronath is terrible on phys builds, while cadence is excellent. Maxing it and overcapping deadly momentum will let you take advantage of all the flat damage you have and free up your weapon slot for something useful.
Markovian isn't a retaliation set. It's there for permanent overguard, while keeping up good damage with blitz and cadence. You should be using something like the stoneguard set, with zolhan's shield or siegrbreaker and some green pants to cover resists. If you want to go for a direct damage build, markovian's or warborn works. Figure out some way to get ADCTH too, which is miles better than extra damage blocked.

What would be the fastest class combo to run the game through with? I just want to go superfast and delete hit from existence.

Here's an ominous hint:
Don't get rid of your Salt Bag.

All right, cool. I was thinking of putting a decent amount of points in grasping vines anyway for crowd control, but I'll reconsider.

Do you have to keep it equiped?

nah

either monkeyhands fucked up or there's someone else on this network who shitposts here

No, just keep it in your bank. Or make a new character to get one

No one baking new bread?

Is sword & board blademaster a good idea? suggestions welcome

I always forget what the bump limit is, is it time for one?

Yeah it's pretty well into the bump limit. Post limit is 350 IIRC.

I believe the highest damage builds pre-expansion were S&B blademaster.

Transformed my lv67 i have no idea what i thought she was lv75 Warden into a Retaliator Tank

If im fighting a boss that deals mostly physical damage i can simply get up, go to the bathroom take a piss, then to the kitchen, drink some water, and when i come back the boss is dead

S&B blademaster had the best sustained damage output, but SS spellbreaker was always the king of hitting for a 200k crit.

You can either go physical, pierce, or cold/frostbite. Siegebreaker is your go-to shield for all of those, but the rest of your gear and skills will vary based on which damage type you pick .

Thinking of using a build that's similar to this. Wouldn't Mend Flesh be a good choice for the raven? Also, unsure about those devotions, is the ultimate goal to reach Dying God?