Xbone S Dpad

Was wondering if the Dpad on the xbone redesigned "s" model controllers have a different dpad? the default xbone controller dpad is unusable.

I hope so. Somehow the xbone controller's dpad is worse than the 360 dpad

If the dpad is better than it's a huge improvement.

I can't speak on if the dpad is better than the old controllers as I've never used an old one, but the dpads on my xbone s controllers work just fine.

Nice try 360 nigger. The D-pad on the 360 is abhorrent shit.

Don't see how that stops the Xbone one from being worse.

Because the Xbone controller's D-pad doesn't make a diagonal when you only meant to press down.

The Xbone's dpad is legit worse than some chinkshit knockoffs I've used. I do not know how it compares to the 360 one though.

It's assuming 99% of normalfags don't calibrate their monitors. Because they don't.

Will the remade Duke controllers be customizable you think?

360's D-pad is like trying to control spaghetti. I'm not saying the Xbone's D-pad is god's gift to mankind, but it's a hell of a lot better than the dog shit we had on the 360 controller.

Duke controllers being made by Hori. Dipshit

SAGE!

ADVERTISING AND SPAM POST
Mods do your job please!

I gotta admit, some of those design lab controllers are pretty fucking swank, but how in the hell they justify an extra $30~40 on an already overpriced controller just for some dye in the injection mold is mind boggling.

It's not even like you get to mix your own custom colors either. They just prefab a shitload of standard colors and let you mix and match the parts from inventory.

And from what I hear, you're better off buying third party anyhow. Official Xbox controllers seem to start to fall apart after 6 months to a year. Especially the $150 Best Goy controllers.

Why don't they just release an adapter so that you can use your original Duke? Unlike the Xbox One, the Xbox actually had quality controllers that still work fine even 50 years later in 2017.

I'll grant you the fact that the plastic used in the body of the controller eclipses every modern pad, and you could probably cave someone's skull in with the "sharp" edge of the S pad before damaging the controller, but that's irrelevant unless you're a controller-slamming autist.

Yeah there's something wrong with some of the materials used for the xbox one controller, I'm at my second one and I already have an issue with the RB and the (mini?) USB port so I ended up buying a chinese knock-off.

user…

The connector on original xbox controllers is just a USB connector that looks funny. Just cut the cord and put a male USB end on it or make a adapter if you want to preserve it.

I wouldn't know about that, since I only recently got a DS4 for my PC because I like the flat face buttons better for PSX/PS2/PSP emulation. Xbox's more curved buttons feel too clicky to me and fuck up rapid button sequences.

As far as build quality goes, I'm more concerned with how well the sticks hold up against drift and how reliable the buttons are. Duke and S were aces in my experience. I bought precisely one of each, and they've held up well in that respect. Couldn't get a 360 controller to last more than two years max before the drift made them unusable and buttons started to stick/break.

Can't say much about Wii or WiiU since I never put a comparable amount of wear on them, but it seems like I've never had issues until last gen. My N64, NGC, Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, and other analog controllers all work fine. My PSP, 3DS, and Vita sticks are holding up like champs too.

That fucking 360 pad's sticks were garbage though, and from what I hear, the Xbox One's sticks don't really fare much better. Guess I'll have to wait and see if my DS4 pad holds up, but I'm not expecting much.

To be fair, my Duke and S are still fully functional today replayed Crimson Skies after Irma hit while waiting for a replacement GPU to arrive, while my Dreamcast controller developed severe stick drift about two months into owning it, and all four of my N64 controllers have essentially non-functional floppy sticks. I do have my suspicions that the reason the Duke and S don't have common stick drift issues is more from the massive deadzone, rather than build quality.

As for the DS4, the primary problem is battery life. If you don't mind using it wired, it's not an issue, but even disabling the light bar and you're looking at ~11 hours of battery life WITHOUT rumble which is fucking pathetic and the body is thin enough that it falling even two feet on a tile floor is almost guaranteed to break it. Besides that, pretty solid controller for emulation.

Hope you have a DS3 laying around for those games that make use of pressure sensitive face buttons.

That's true. Never thought I'd see the day when the Sega fucking Nomad could give a controller a run for it's money in terms of battery life. I ended up using DS4Windows for compatibility with older xinput games. It has the option of turning that stupid light, which helps a lot.

The micro-USB port on the top kills me though. The cord sits so loose in there that I'm afraid to move it around much and risk losing the connection - or putting wear on the socket that I know damned well is going to fuck it up one of these days. They really should have had some kind of bracket or recess to hold the cable snugly in place. I pretty much just use the USB for charging only.

No, I fucked up. Only ever heard bad shit about the DS3, and at the time, nobody really supported it natively on the PC - so it never occurred to me to get one. I'd just get an adapter for my DS2 to USB, but I stream to my TV and like the wireless option.

…and the idiotic convex sticks.

garbage

At last I truly see. My wallpaper and the tomorrow theme look so good now. Thanks user

Don't worry user, this'll work

You're joking, right?

I have one.

Personally I don't think it's awful but I don't have an OG Xbone controller to compare it to. If you think it sucks then approach with caution.

how has that chink third party controller worked out for you?

looks exactly the same

It's still working fine. I can also use it on my PS3.

He's not. It was a modified USB connector. I remember seeing guides for modding an OG xbox controller to work on a PC. Just had to splice a couple wires with a USB cable and you're golden.

USB has 4 pins. Ground, +5V and a twisted pair of data cables. Both act as one wire and 1s and 0s depends on which one has more voltage than the other. It's faster than just one wire The Xbox controller cable has one more pin, a 12V line. I'm guessing it was used for rumble.
Last I checked using an Xbox controller on PC wasn't plug and play, you still needed a driver. That might have changed since.
This also means that you can connect a USB flash drive to the Xbox with an adapter, or just by wiring the end of a broken controller to a female USB port. It won't pick up unless it's USB1.0 though. That's part of the instructions for hacking it.