Orcs

Just pirated pic related, did the devs really not realize they were making a game where the enemies are VASTLY more interesting than the protagonist?

Can WB just cut out the middleman and make a game where you play as one of the orcs already? There's already so damn many classes and abilities they get, it just begs for a class-based orc RPG where you actually fight other orcs and rise in the ranks instead the stupid fight pit mechanic where you just watch.

Sounds like any western triple A game ever.
For some reason western devs refuse to let us play as the superior factions. The bad guys are always the ones with the vastly better weapons, ideologies, marches and uniforms. Meanwhile the player gets stuck with the most basic and boring stuff.

Literally 27GB my dude.

fucked up my post

I watched some gameplay footage and it looked pretty fun, but I played the first one and it bored me to death. Is the new one any more fun to play. I know that some of the environments at least are nice enough to hold my interest in the new one as opposed to the last one where everything was some combination of grey, brown and black,

It's mostly because there's more design freedom in bad guys than in good guys. Or hell, in playable vs nonplayable characters. Despite the bitching from the rainbow-haired freaks, the primary design philosphy is to shoot for attractive most of the time. Orcs, meanwhile, don't have to be attractive, in fact their main quality of visual design is "Ugly motherfucker". So they can do shit like giant spiky mouth-bracers, or eyepatches that look like they may have caused the injury they're intended to cover up, or massive deforming scars, or potato-shaped heads, and so on. And beyond that, in terms of personality, they get to experience more of the specturm of "I don't give a fuck" to "FUCKING GOTTA DO THING" and whatnot - while the protagonist must remain driven and has a singular personality.

Let's take one of my favourite (side) protagonists, LeMillion, versus one of my favourite villains, Bondrewd. Who did nothing wrong, but is still an antagonist narratively.

LeMillion, in setting, is a contender to replace the setting's version of Superman - the Symbol of Peace. He's incredibly driven to this goal and has no others - he must strive constantly to be a better "hero". He's drawn in a style consistent with a heroic and attractive individual, which looks somewhat generic (a common nickname on /a/ alluded to him looking a lot like Tintin) and he even wears a cape despite not having conventional flight.

Bondrewd, on the other hand, is not attractive. He's cool. He's interesting. His design is almost but not quite out of place in setting, as he basically wears power armor in a setting that's mostly pre-modern and semirealistic. His motives are simple, but his methods border sanity. He wants to enable people to explore the Abyss - a place that mutates you when you ascend out of it. He's a monster but right, pure and simple. However, I find him more engaging than LeMillion for the simple reason that his character arc was more interesting and could go more places, while the 'hero' can really only go one place.

That's not to say that 'good' characters are inherently less engaging, however. It's just that protagonists are more defined and antagonists have more freedom.

Environments are definitely more varied, it doesn't have a huge gameplay impact since you can climb everything/fast travel, but it's nice to look at.

The only things I'd say are better than the first one are the nemesis system and the new difficulty (also called Nemesis), which makes the game not piss easy, at least initially.

Okay, which one is the right repack?

Fitgirl's worked fine for me, takes a few hours to install but the DL was, as I said, about 27GB.

That's the one I used.

Then try to reinstall using the 2GB ram limiter, something might have fucked up during the unpacking and that makes it more stable.

Otherwise, nothing I can tell you since it werks on my machine

TL;DR developers are utterly worthless talentless subhuman hacks who hate video games and despise anything that is even remotely fun or interesting

pit fights are gay. just send them to fight/ambush other orcs. Protag is a boring mary sue because you're supposed to self insert

Pit fights are the only way to backstab warchiefs, though. Also, that doesn't explain why every non-orc character (maybe not Celebrimbor, since he actually has some depth) is just as boring, like Eltariel.

I think that's supposed to be the point. It's supposed to make the orcs feel like your enemies rather than Talion's.

Anyways, the game has some pretty cool shit, but it's still bogged down by its mindless gameplay. At least it has some difficulty settings now and the Nemesis system is so much better. I've had a couple of fun experiences so far.

I've also had a captain go berserk and kill all my other captains while I was fighting the overlord, so I couldn't do anything about it. It pissed me off so much that I haven't picked up the game since then.

The combat system is also pretty fucked, WB is addicted to the BamHam style of combat even when it doesn't work for them.

The game puts all these combat modifiers in there as if you have any fine control over who you attack/stun/dodge over in a crowd fight. It's retarded.

At least one of them must be fairly attractive

The biggest sin with the game, I find, is that because the combat is so generic, it makes battles so unmemorable. Combat needs to be challenging enough to the point where there is virtually no chance of you succeeding if you go head on. If they focused more on solo fights or small group battles and rely on stealth approaches in other scenarios, the game would be so much more.

The game becomes so much more fun when you're facing off solo against a captain/warchief, can actually strategize instead of the usual counter-dodge-apply status effect combo.

This game is not even worth pirating. It's extremely repetitive, after you capture your first fort that's it, you've seen everything the game has to offer, the other maps are pretty much just texture changes, no new enemies or gameplay mechanics, just repeating the same shit over and over. And the story is definitely not good enough to keep you playing

No thanks.

Goddamn the reluctance of Guerilla to allow players to just play on Helghan side makes me fucking mad. The most ironic thing they even acknowlenge ISA being the bad guys in the third game and in shadowfall. Fuck, just give me a game where i can be a space nazi.

Why couldn't it be used in a good game.

I think they obviously made the enemies, especially the Orcs more interesting to make you go on a collect-a-thon on them, too bad nothing you ever in the game ever matters.

They're Dutch, of course they're pretty much butthurt about muh Fascists, too bad they can't even portray the ISA faggots right, even had to switch Rico that idiot from being a spic to a nigger for no reason.

It's a shame, because the Nemesis system is one of the coolest things in video games I've seen in a long time.

If you are remotely competent at vidya you will never see the nemisis system in action.

This. I pirated Shadow of Mordor, and despite being a diehard purist and cringing every time something plot-related happened, I played for quite a while just because the nemesis system was so good.

I'd love to see it implemented in a generic fantasy game. Or Warhammer, that would be absolutely fucking excellent.

Don't forget the shitty camera and swarms of enemies while fighting. It can get pretty chaotic fast and you'll get downed because you didn't press a button prompt off screen or get hit by a ranged attack that went through an enemy. Not sure how anyone could play this game if they didn't have that come back from being downed mechanic. It needs to be scaled back to make it seem more fair.

i take it you dont play the game on nemesis difficulty with prompts turned off

Why would you ever do this? Do you enjoy trying to block unblockable attacks, or getting hit by archers from offscreen?

Nemesis difficulty is breddy gud, though. You'll die to bullshit more often, but at least in this game that's not 100 percent negative,

you can't recognize telegraphed moves? did you need prompts in dark souls too? archers are pretty obvious since javelins and arrows have tracers. you can also remove timing from last stand so you see the button prompt but now ez modo circle

Is this a thing already? It needs to be a thing

does no one care about the fucking shit they did with the story?

not to mention THE FUCKING BULROG PLOT LINE.

why the fuck couldn't this game be orc quest with various magics and shit?

There's Phantasy Calradia with Steppe Orcs, and Warsword Conquest with Warham Orcs.

Oh, fuck off. There are tons of enemies that gain an unblockable regular attack (or even unblockables mixed in with normal attacks) that have the exact same animation, by virtue of their class.

so you gain intel and then plan accordingly for said chief? like freeze stun or arrow pinning, or bee traps, or ghul traps

Keep the prompts on and enjoy your popcorn video game.

OK. but in moment-to-moment combat, there's no way to tell which attacks can be countered and which ones can't without prompts. Although dodging is the better choice 90 percent of the time anyway.

Pirated it, played it for an hour, uninstalled it. Absolute shit boring repetitive game. It's a game for autists that want to collect orcs like they're in a fucking pokemon game. If you don't base your game around gameplay it turns into a shallow contrived mess that preaches style over substance.

get on it gamefreak

Dosen't change the fact that the gameplay is shallow and incredibly repetitive.

you played for an hour. you didn't even run into the faggot ass commanders that fire exploding bolts at you or the ones that only get damaged during stuns. only criticism i have of the combat is the gay auto melee targeting you can't turn off

And that's why the game is shit. It's a retexture of the first game that suffered from the same problems. Easy, shallow game that gets boring very quickly unless you're an autist that cares about playing orcemon.

What a shock.

you can just tell they want to make some dlc side shit for him and ranger and maybe even bruz