Long games

Just started playing this. Started at Saturday noon, and it's 1am on Sunday when I realized there's no way you can complete this game in one sitting, it seems like I still have a third of the game left.

What are some other very long non-sandbox/openworld singleplayer games? Preferably no AAA shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/230700/LaMulana/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't expecting hollow knight to be a 30+ hour metroidvania

Truly a GOTY contender

store.steampowered.com/app/230700/LaMulana/

Totally worth a buy, specially with that discount.
If you don't use a walktrough, you may take weeks playing it.
Just, no matter what, NEVER read the tablet that warns you not to read it.

I heard it was long but I didn't realize what that meant. It just seems to keep going on and on, just when I start to get my bearings in the area I was exploring, I run into a completely new area I don't have a map for, and it keeps happening.

That's another game I've meant to play for a while. Maybe I'll get it now.

What does that mean? Will it spoil the puzzles for you? Or make it worse?

It just turns on hard mode

It makes everything harder forever, you may only notice it after it's too late and you already saved.
Not recommended on your first playtrough at all, will make searching for stuff a nightmare.
Another golden hint is ignoring the in-game note app and write down notes on important/peculiar stuff irl on an actual paper. The in-game tool is too barebones and limited.

Ah I see, I was mostly concerned about the game becoming easier.

Thanks. I heard somewhere not to buy the compass in hollow knight, and I think that was good advice. You have to actually think where you are and how to navigate the map, rather than just looking at it and adjusting based on where it says you are.

I wish there was info like that for most games, or even better if the devs thought of it. Things you can do to make the game more interesting.

well open world or open ended games can pretty much last forever (I know the difference)
but anyway, I've been binging on total war for two weeks now, playing attila, one full campaign can easily last the fuck out a whole with you playing it everyday several hours

New update soon.

I like the sentiment of that but people who play metroidvanias naturally do that anyway. It comes with the territory of searching every wall for secrets and becoming familiar with your surroundings through gameplay alone. Even without a map.

even with the dash charm moving from place to place can feel kinda tedious in this game

Yeah, that compass is there just in case a player has a reeeeally bad sense of direction or position.
I think even players that use it at first will eventually change it for a better badge.

I sure hope you didn't stop playing a game halfway trough. This kills the motivation.

Legend of Heroes - Trails in the sky is a ridiculously long JRPG that focuses wholly on narrative and character development and is something that will not be finished in one sitting.

How about you stop playing indieshit and lurk more, faggot

Part 2 is too long though. Lots of filler.

I probably would have bought it though if I hadn't heard not to.

I mean it's an unlockable I can get, of course I'll buy it. I can't usually think ahead on a meta level like that, especially because games are rarely designed with that decision in mind. Like you can decide in a given game not look at a minimap or objective markers or whatever, but the game may not be build to be navigable that way. I've seen examples of I think Fallout games, where you get a quest with completely insufficient amount of directions because you're supposed to just go where the quest marker tells you to.

I'd love a game where I have to draw the map myself and add points of interests into it, but it would have to be a very good and interesting game to be worth all the effort.

I own a copy of this and I can just emulate it if I want. No need to buy that port of the butchered HD version.

It was just an equipable badge just like the others. I just bought it cheap, noticed later it wasn't necessary and wasting a badge point, then just didn't use it anymore.

Get a notebook ready for La-Mulana.

You sure about that? I can't see anything else that I can "unequip" except for charms, and the compass wasn't a charm as far as I recall.

I almost regret buying the other map badges too, but I don't see a way to disable them. Not that I'd probably want to at this point since I've already explored so much.

Shit, I just checked it out and it's releasing in 4 fucking days. I think I may just stop playing and start over when the update comes out. I have no idea how significant it's supposed to be though.

Would recommend Myst: Riven.

I wouldn't bother. It isn't really the type of game that locks you out of content as you progress except near the very end.

OP if you know where to go, it's 2-3 hours tops.

Enjoy it. It's a solid game and can take 20 hours or more to find all the secrets blind on your first playthrough.

Just don't cheese bosses with all the +dmg shit with iframes

Also

WHEN IS LA MULANA 2

Its a great game user.
I still feel terrible for only paying 15$ for it, the devs honestly deserved more, especially considering they give free fucking DLC. I'm tempted to buy the soundtrack just to throw money at them even though it'd be near-pointless since i'd likely never listen to it.

hilariously enough Dark Souls fits your criteria fairly well. Its not quite as linear as Hollow Knight (which isn't linear, but is still 2D) but it ends up being very similar
Symphony of the Night will likely take you at least 2-3 days if you're a thorough bastard on your first blind playthrough, as will LttP.

Also Valkyria Chronicles if you bother to listen to watch every cutscene, and Fire Emblem 7 as well.
Again this is all assuming blindness and being thorough.
Chrono Trigger will probably take you a decent chunk of time too when blind, about 20-30 hours most likely.

How?

I just checked and apparently only the loading times minigames are gone? (which is pointless since the game loads way faster now?)

Please stop shilling tumblrknight.

It's a good game, kill yourself.

Nah. Kill (You)rself, you autistic fuckwit cunt.

Take your halfchan shit memes with you.

Go back to 4chan you faggot. We don't want you here.

Stop breathing. Kill yourselves.

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT
I was 99% sure they called Cuphead or whatever the fuck his name was a boy.

Who are you quoting? Hollow Knight has a transgenderfluid character.

Shit
I saw the cuphead reaction image and lost my train of thought.

Uh yeah, Hollow knight doesn't have a gender because he is an unnatural abomination. Maybe I don't lurk tumblr as much you seem to, but I can't imagine tranny freak or whatever being inspired by him.

Turn on.
Massive turn off. If she wants to fight, give her a ranged weapon. Brawling is a masculine behavior.

shin megami tensei 4. was almost certain i've played almost 30 hours but asked someone and im still just on the middle part of the game

Binaryphobe detected. Kill yourself you white privileged shit.

Sorry zir, I will try to remember zour pronouns from now on.

So it's a tumblr game because the player character's gender isn't mentioned?
Ok user, what ever you say.

Don't fucking reply.
Report and filter, you're falling for basic derailment.

Vessel isnt gender neutral. Hornet is called the "gendered child", which in Old English meant female

If memory serves the ingame clock to count play time is somewhat broken, but I'm pretty sure I put in at least 80 actual hours into Wild Arms 3, even without doing all the optional content. Got well over my money's worth for the $10 or so I spent on it.

This
Its a lovely game with an outstanding morality system. Atlus definitely did not disappoint.
I unfortunately didn't get to finish it yet, but I've put in something like, 55 hours in it so far? Had to take a hiatus for reason I'd rather not explain

You're asking to be baited more

Also if people couldn't figure out Vessel wasn't a boy by his design, they should've figured it out by him being a reincarnation or w/e of the KING

He achieved the mark of the king and became the new one he wasnt a reincarnation, though the old one stayed at the white palace.

>tfw the shade of the hollow knight rises up and helps you against the radiance

Ending got botched

What?

Bump