Ever cried to a game?

Have you ever cried thanks to a videogame, Holla Forums?

When I was 14, I cried to the ending of FFX. I was young and naive. The little flashback of her dear memory under the tree, and how she said to never forget what you treasure, made me cry a tear.

On a more recent example, i cried on the final level of Ducktales Remastered, when Glomgold taunts Scrooge on the final stage on Mt. Vesuvius: "What's the matter, old duck? hurry up, you're gonna be left behind"
Scrooge replies in such a natural way: "I'm going as fast as I can". I just portrayed the moment of an old duck knowing his entire fortune is worth nothing compared to his family, he's old and frail and will probably not survive, and risks himself anyway for the little kids that is all he truly has left and the fact Alan Young is also old and feeble being the voice actor made it come out so naturally, as it resonated with the voice actor. He knew he had little time left, scrooge was on a suicide mission, he's getting old, one last voice acting for his old character, one last mission for the duck. I don't know. I just shed a tear. It was like seeing a star knowing it will wither away but decides to go out with a bang

Anyone cried to any games? either when they were young and innocent or recently. Manly or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DGXyhRDzlI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>>/facebook/

Yes, I cried to the ending of Earthbound and i'm still not sure why but thinking back to it and listening to the music always makes me tear up, sort of like those happy moments from your childhood that you are never getting back.

Oh shit.
I kind of shed a tear at the ending of mother 3
The happy ending was very satisfying, knowing everybody was ok
TFW was looking forward to mother 4 but its turning up into a completely different thing because they're traumatized of C&D due to AM2R

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

I shed a tear to Ramza's theme once.

What the fuck is 3D world and 2D's problem with this guy?

are you some kind of faggot OP?

A little teary eyed at the grave scene in MGS3. Almost cried at the fate of Pascal's village and having to make that choice.

JUST

I still do

I don't think I've ever cried, but I got teary eyed like a faggot a few times.
Going back to your house in silence as the son after John Marston dies.
The start of Otakon's suffering when wolf starts dying in front of him.
His sister and Naomi's death was also pretty shit, but for some reason Wolf's just hit me particularly hard.
The Boss' death.

JUST

Yes. when i was a young fag and my new game i got as a birthday present didn't work.

Theres making a scene in front of a gathering of people and then theres weeping in the comfort of your home

nah

I cried with my dick inside your mom pucci

have been full blown bawling but the end of MGS3 had me pretty sad, and the end of yakuza 2 had me going "aw nooooo" because i didn't realize **that they were going to make at least 5 more mainline games at the time and the series was about to end right there

Wow, that feature will be worthless when Squeenix pulls the plug on that game's servers.

Yes I can remember back when I was about 6 or 7 me an my sister where playing the shit out of a game call Klonoa on the PS1.

Nice game where a furry and his buddy in a ring save the world from evil, nice aan fun.

But then at the end of the game there is a sudden 180 and the furry MC is deported back to his own world that he didn't even know he came from against his will by a magic portal while sad music plays.

We both cried like bitches.

I can't play undertale because I know what happens when I get to the end
all three of them

Not full out bawling, but these couple of games got me teary eyed.
The guitar music and stories for 4 and Zero made me teary eyed. As for 5, I was not expecting to lose squad mate, Chopper, and watch him crash into a stadium, and hearing everyone sing, Journey Home, in the second to last mission.
Tachibana's death, and Makoto finding her wrist watch in the epilouge of 0, and for Kiwami, Kiryu losing his best friend, allies like Shinji, and his childhood sweetheart.
Mary's Letter, the endings like Leave and In Water, and Angela walking up the fiery stairs.
Henry's death, and Heather visiting his grave in the credits
"Hal. I miss you. I miss you."
Maya's death, and Tatsuya not getting a break at all.
Some of the confidants like Kawakami, and the teammates' backgrounds like Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, and Haru.

its just a save file, user.

Music that reuses themes like that always catches me off guard and either makes me really happy or really sad. It's not relevant to the thread, but the last boss theme from Sonic Color sampling Reach for the Stars was insanely well done. I'm pretty sure No More Heroes did it for most of the soundtrack.

on what?
the only girl that manage to could get any pity is the raped an hero girl.

And that's the only time I cried about video games. I hate video games.

When I was playing Summoner as a teenager that scene where the bitches library gets destroyed made my mom cry.

No I'm not a faggot like OP

Her being stuck in Kamoshida's bullshit, almost losing Shiho, and Shiho having to move and transfer to another school.

The only game that makes me cry is Wario Land II. The credit sequence brings a tear to my eye consistently.

You may find that reddit is more to your tastes, OP.

scoot on back to reddit or Holla Forums

I'm man enough to say yes and not cower behind edgy irony like these cucks are doing. Better to cry from an entertainment medium that's actually trying to elicit a reaction than cry at one's own insecurity and emotional failings.

The best ending to Heavy Rain and the launch trailer to MGSV.

What's the sauce for the picture in the OP?

No, I've never cried because of a fucking game.

I have gotten kind of depressed after a game, or an event in a game though. Last one to really do that was Franny dying in Infinite Space. She wasn't even a particularly well developed or likable character. It was just… out of the blue, bam… smeared across the hull of your ship by some random piece of debris after a battle.

She didn't deserve such a senseless death. All she ever wanted to suck on the captains dick a little bit.

Mother 3 on several points in the game

To a game? No. Cry? Yes.

Rurouni Kenshin. Makoto Shishio Arc. His prostitute/girlfriend/love interest

All the time.

I'll be completely honest, yes. Two examples I can remember right now.
When the little Valmar Eye girl "dies", then when her mom makes a garden thinking that'll bring her back and when Mareg died That was the biggest.
Lesser one. I loved the fucking game so much I really got sad at seeing the ending, I wouldn't call that real crying, just tears as I got too invested in the game

The only time I cried over a video game was this for some reason.
being 10 and going through your parents getting divorced probably had something to do with it

I've never cried over a videogame, but the closest I ever came to crying was the end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue rescue team. Nowadays I can't cry at anything sad, I just feel empty.

TFW saw this game for the first time when I was like 11-12, my brother was playing it and the sight of it blew my tiny mind. I remember trying to play off of his save, being in this giant temple thing and getting rekt by the enemies.
It wasn't until I was 16-17 that I sat down and played it start to finish.
I replayed it about 4 times to this day
mfw never played the older ones so the scene you posted didn't hit me as hard

I wonder why. Every twist is telegraphed to you. Every time you feel like you may have a choice you don't. Shit game tbh

If Visual Novels count, Saya no Uta at least I think.

If you cry and you're not a woman or a baby, you're a leftist who deserves rope

don't remember if I was teary-eyed or not but the ending to persona 2:is got me a little emotional.

I have no idea why I cried like a bitch

RIP

My parents' divorce game was MM. As sad as the game's themes were they helpped me forget that my family fell apart.

No, unless you count visual novels as video games.

>Leena starts splurging out about memories and how we should treasure them
>start shedding a manly tear or two, remembering the good times playing vidya with friends and family growing up
>still finished the game because it's freaking good

I died twice on the roof before I managed to get involved with Shizune. This is one hell of a game

10/10 would learn sign language for my silent waifu again

nice doublets

Also, if you pay attention to kenji one of his dialogue trees mentions how if he wanted to kill someone he'd shove them off the roof and make it look like an accident. The way he drinks makes me think he knows how to hold his liquor. I think he was wise to Hiaso's dismissal of his autistic screeching and fucking pushed his cheeky cunt ass off the roof.

as far as I'm concerned this is canon.

Kenji was funny but later on his autistic ramblings just bore me. While he is capable of doing it and then lying to the ZOG authorities about it. I dunno if he would so easily kill his fellow man.

you forget. He's the last sane man in an insane world. There can only be one.

Still waiting on that Highshcool of the dead/katawa shoujo crossover.

lmao nerd

I also teared up first hearing the theme of and watching Sonic Mania's Special Stage in action.

Yes. But my 3DPD gf was dying of boneitis and I think that had more to do with it.

same. The music got me. It tells you everything ended but a new journey awaits.

Not because of sadness. I cry with some OSTs and (rarely) when a game is incredibly well-made, Don't ask me, I'm not an emotional person I don't understand why this happens.

oh fuck, that has a slower tempo than what I remembered. I'm talking about this.

when the twist finally hits and everything you've learned starts to make sense in Rule of Rose, I got fucked up
games ain't supposed to fuck a dude up like that but goddamn

No, but the ending to this one almost got me.

I've cried at plenty of emotional movies, but I can't say the shitty writing of video game has ever compelled tears to my eyes.

I wish more video games had the fear and emotion of things like pre-90s cartoons. Things that actively scared children and made them feel things. All of the indieshit tries far too hard and it comes off as alien and unnatural.

Mother 3, what a beautiful game.

The end of FFX was pretty tragic and I may have shed a tear when I was younger. I think I had a similar reaction for the end of MGS when Ocelot had his final duel with Snake. That was a great way to end the series.

Also, too bad Yumi never really got much fan art. One would think there would be a ton of it out there, but there's barely any at all.

MGS4. It was the duel between Ocelot and Snake where they relived all of their past encounters and Ocelot finally had all of his mental barriers knocked down and he was able to be himself again.

In hindsight I wouldn't really call this a game, since it virtually had no puzzles and you were never in danger if there was no ice around. But the ending hit me in the gut since my parents were divorced and in that year I found out my mom attempted to commit suicide. I will never recommend this game, but I will always remember it.

Many endings gave me manly tears, especially 4th and 5th gen JRPGs.
But Terranigma is the only one that actually made me weep like a faggot.

damn you, user

i was really drunk tbh

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I PAY TO ROBIN WILLIAMS FOR A FUCKING HOME, IF I'M THE ONE WHO RESCUED HIM FROM BEING A GYPSY'S SEX SLAVE???11??!

I have, to three games. OneShot, LISA: The Painful/Joyful, and another one that would derail the thread but if you're following the theme you can probably guess.

Yes.

yeh

YES! Finally someone who acknowledges NieR:Automata is the greatest game of the decade!

Yeah, that one's a guaranteed thread derailer. Look forward to December.

I actually ordered mine early enough they shipped it in September, got a PC copy earlier in the month. Very high quality stuff, definitely worth it.

Only once.

That game is fucking bullshit
Fuck no, i'm uninstalling this shit.

Yoshi Story when I beat it - I was no older than 5 or 6.
And then when I set free my first Chao in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 when I was like 8 or 9.
I about cried after Ghost was killed in MW2, and I was about 13.
Then I cried when I was high playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim™ and walked in on Ulfric Stormcloack giving his "I fight because I must" speech. I was 19.

The ending of MGS3 always tears me up. The ending of Persona 3, Xenoblade, MGS2, MGS4 and Kingdom Hearts 2 had me choking as well. If you count visual novels, I got pretty into Virtue's Last Reward and Steins;Gate too.

Still, that debriefing for MGS3 does not compare to anything else.

I don't think so, but I've teared up a bit once or twice. The only time I can remember off the top of my head is the ending to Mass Effect 2's Overlord DLC. The audio design helped make the ending very effective.
It all seemed harmless.

Yep. And at the "End?" montage. the music did it.

More than I'd like to.

Oh yeah, Near a Tomato. I teared up at that one, too. I think I might have actually shed a tear during the actual ending, though I can't remember for sure.
IT'S LIKE I'M CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOORLD.

You stand near tomatoes and cry?

No, you learn exactly how 9S did nothing wrong.

Never cried but did get saddened at times or at best I held back the tears. Ending to MGS4 was very sad. The ending to Chrono Trigger in your first playthorugh, despite the game being cheerful, it surprised me how emotional I got when all the characters said their goodbyes. So simple yet felt so powerful, capped off an amazing game.

>not the credits

>Zach fights to the bitter end to protect Cloud
>as the fight drags on, the DMW gets more and more glitched out
>cutscene, Zach looks really beat up and flashbacks play, giving Zach that last burst of energy to keep fighting
>the DMW starts deleting portraits, showing how fucked up Zach is getting, until that last one goes
That last one… fucking chills down my spine.

did he actually add in a good end?

It was always there.

Sad things in fiction don't really do it for me with maybe the exception of but heartwarming moments like the finale of Ouendan 2 make my eyeballs wet.

unf

really, I thought the endings consisted of

of course, I'm just going off all the art I saw posted on initial release. At some point I'm going to swallow my pride and actually give this game a shot. Toby throwing in gender neutral pronouns and it's fandom are a constant turn off, but I enjoyed the demo.

Well it's more ambiguity than any statement of gender politics, but you know whatever.
But yeah technically there's four endings. Genocide, Neutral, Pacifism, and Secret.

There are several lesser endings based on who you choose to kill. Honestly I only killed that fag robot.

Low-energy bait. Move on, nothing to see here.

no bully

very curious. what game?

She was a character just to antagonize Shishio even further, just a tragic sacrificial pawn for the main villain to be seen as "dindu nuffin"

Probably Undertale.

I never saw Yumi as tragic. Just very (and stupidly) devoted.

This entire game. Also it's spin off Lisa the hopeful.

That game was pretty gay.

The only person to ever love her was a twisted, selfish man who did not love her with the same magnitude/level. She twisted herself for him because she was lonely, thanks to her stupid devotion to the only man who saw her more than just tits and ass to pound for money. She also had a poor perception of the world, he exploited that.
There's an (OVA?) of origins how they met. She was a hooker and the government killed her prostitute friends, who were family to her, because they overheard them talk something secret. She used him for revenge, and he used her because the man to marry her was his target. She's all alone, and she clings to him. Yumi's entire life was tragic, and so was her end.
But yes, she didn't see herself as tragic, she was happy in her twisted relationship, but that's because she didn't know any better.
TLDR: She's a tragic character and she's not aware of it. She's completely on the shishio pill that the world is evil and only the strong should survive to make it better.

emotion is human. Knowing when to enjoy it and to control is what an educated man does. Letting Emotion control you is what a leftist allows.
Your extreme dichotomy towards the subject is a testament that you're either not very educated, baiting, or simply stupid.
Sadly this is the issue with nu-poll, it has turned into a redneck hillybilly fest instead of a place where non-PC actually informed/educated minds can congregate and speak

Letting emotion control you is not exclusive to the left. In American, far too many people let fear or hatred control them and allow others to manipulate them into voting against their own interests.

While that user is certainly baiting, crying at things that aren't real is kinda stupid.

True

By your logic we shouldn't enjoy anything that is fiction because it's not real, whether making us happy or sad. You're not very bright.

It is. Like falling in love with a fictional character or feeling achievement for beating a video game.

user, you sound like an edgy faggot. Holy shit.
Enjoying things is good. The more things you appreciate it and have fun with, as long as you're not hurting yourself or others the better.
All extremes are bad. No one is saying go fall in love a fictional character. But if you can enjoy a story or a narrative, or enjoying tackling a challenge, that's called enjoying life.

Yeah, you can enjoy it because it's a desirable feeling. Why do you think I'm on Holla Forums if I'm saying I don't derive fun from playing vidya? But sadness isn't a desirable feeling, and I've never cried to a game because my suspension of disbelief always breaks before that.

Hey man your not alone

I cried at Silent Hill 2's In Water ending. Jesus Christ.

You're wrong
People enjoy crying and letting emotions come out. You enjoyed a nice story, shed a tear for bro character. That means you enjoyed the story because it moved you. Perhaps your inability to understand emotion is why you're so autistic.
But hey, do whatever you want.

K, you keep on crying at sad leetle animu girls then. Very masculine.

The only feminine person is you, holding back your feelings because you're scared of experiencing them, you kuuderefag user

What did he mean by this?

What the fuck? I'm not alone?

I've cried to many games.

I cried at one of the bad endings in Monster Girl Quest (the one where you kill Alice and she leaves a treasure chest behind and it has the ribbon you bought her in town ).)

i cry when i realize i squandered my youth and i can't get any of it back.

Yeah, this.

I've cried to several games, but only a handful.

I cried several times during this game, but Ending E got me the most.
Not sad tears though, it was just pretty emotional though trying to blast through the credits in that shmup section and seeing the supportive messages from other players with Weight of the World blaring.
Goddamn. It's hard to play when your tears are blurring your vision.
the very end, when Kat is on the verge of death but everyone is chanting "A Cue aun Tu Oi" and then the VERY end scene where you play as Raven after that. I was a blubbering mess.
at the end, boarding up the train and all your friends chasing after the train waving you goodbye it hit hard because I never had friends that dear to me or who cared or would miss me that much
When Iori dies and her Persona fuses with Junpei's, damn man.

damn user, I'd forgotten this one. That song, and also at the very end where the same little girl starts chanting "E…B…A…" after you get turned to stone.
I had to pause the game when right Jumpin Jack Flash started.

The build-up and execution of this scene is incredible, it's a shame SEGA rushing 06 had to go and make every story and character interaction 1-dimensional.

Hey man if you were the right person at the right age, Sonic's story was the best thing in the world.

While I agree that 06 should have been allot better, and while Sonic's side was a mess, IMO Shadow and Silver's Stories had some pretty good moments.

Stop being homosexual.

I feel that way too, I actually thought Silver's gameplay and story were pretty good.

To my friend his boss fight was just "lol wacky faceball is a boss." To me it was twisting a dagger in my heart. Y-You're finally free, little guy.

Enlighten us, O Tough Guys of the Internet
But I've never cried at vidya

Silver's gameplay reminds me of Force unleashed before Force unleashed was even a thing.
It's a real shame that after 06 Sonic team just abandoned everything they built up since Adventure 1 in favor of making Boost Sonic the new norm.

The adventure style gameplay with Sonic was fine the way it was, I just wish they could have expanded and improved the things they did with Shadow in his game and with Silver's gameplay too.
Shadows Chaos Control powers have so much potential for gameplay, but are only thinly explored in the Shadow game. Imagine being able to use Time Stop or Teleporting whenever you want and how that could effect level design.

And you don't laugh at anything you find funny in vidya too, right? Get fucking real

>When Iori dies and her persona fuses with Junpei's
You mean Chidori. That scene was sad, but I felt sadder when it came to the endings (if you played it the second time). MC or MShe dying in the arms of whoever you romanced with, and the cut ending with Junpei.

Is there something wrong with that statement?

maybe that's for the best, so he won't suffer like we have

SHIT, yeah, it's been a while since I played.
Ahaha Iori is Junpei's last name, isn't it? Boy do I feel like a fool now.

I never played the FeMC routes, but the first run I did was more than enough feeling for me.

I suppose I got a bit moist eyed playing Katawa Shoujo, Rin's route. Could be that I was tired, though.

What Tor user said.

When I was a kid I remember getting broken up over crisis core. While Cloud's scream of agony in the english dub is downright goofy when I look back on it, at the time I had grown so attached to Zack that I couldn't bear the thought of him dying and leaving Aerith with no explanation for his disappearance. I had played the original FF7 beforehand so I had known this was all coming, but it still killed me.

More recently, fish-waifu's confirmed death and goodbye to Link in BotW gave me some feels. Her and Link were cute, and I was kinda hoping she was gonna live somehow.

Breath of the Wild in Rito village it plays dragon roost island theme. It was a flood of memories from my childhood and I cried hard, hearing it again after all of those years.

Junpei is too stupid to be charming. No offense

Yoko Taro is a hack.

Shutup Yukari.

That's a funny way to spell Yosuke. But to each their own.

If you do this, and you are not either A.) a woman, or B.) a child, kill yourself. You are beyond pathetic.

I seem to remember Lost Odyssey got me, can't remember what it was though.

There's this thing called catharsis, it's helpful on rare occasions, you may learn yet..

ya its called boredom most games are trash like any final fantasy game or hell any jrpg just get to the fucking good parts stop wasting time with gay subplots

I didn't know about the fish

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

i couldn't even take the plot seriously. came for the flamboyant turn based gameplay, stayed for the flamboyant turn based gameplay. Story was utter shit.

Nope.

Yeah, after what happened to solaire

He had it coming

Pic related.
this whole game story and it's music were so melancholic.

Also the ending to Soul Reaver 2 was a real gut-wrencher.

All three times I played through it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DGXyhRDzlI

I'm not fucking converting this shit.

go back.

you were too young, and that's okay

you should be hanged fag

You should cry more.

go back

sniffle

we have IDs

The ending to MGS3.
That and the "tears in rain" scene from the original Blade Runner were the only things to make me cry.

The roulette wheel at the end destroyed me.

Knowing the future of vidya games is most likely shit tier the likes of Call of Equallity ww2 ,Diversitystein ,Mass Defect ,
Dragon Shit Inquisition, Office Abortion Siege, No Honor, Battlekangs1, endless MOBAS and micro transactions makes me
real fuckin' sad