Divinity: Original Sin 2

Last thread on page 13, i think we need to keep up the discussion a little bit, if you don't mind.

Reminder to not use MMS on your first playthrough. One MMS added monster run out to kill magister's hostages in black pits on top of the mountain before i arrive there. And i see magisters executing dead acid corpses. And its not the first time it throws quest characters into the battle.

I just added the permanent random buffs mods, This shit reminds me so much of Diablo 2 its fucking awesome.

You should report that shit on nexus. Maybe he can do something about it.

Welp, 10 years handholding made it's fucking toll on me. I just walked into a fucking high-level deathtrap. Namely the Oil-field.

Those oil-voidling werent so bad first, but then the fire-ones just fucking turned the WHOLE map into a fucking lava pit!!! Took me a whole IRL day to turn things into my benefit. I lured the reds and the void-monster in the middle of the map with Ifan (my only living party member). Solid 1 hour npc in-fight and the whole place is filled with burned bodies and smoke, like a fucking ricefield after a napalm attack.

Did i mentioned i fucking love this game?

I fucking lost.

That fight was frightening. Trying to keep the friendly NPC alive was a nightmare. I'm playing with a friend and we're going to retry the fight (last time we got murdered by the fire voidlings because he was our only damage but he was full pyro), this time hopefully saving the NPC. That being said;
Instant kill + full hp.

I thought that fight was going to be dreadful for me, but it turned out better than expected. I was pyro/geo with a fire wand, in a party with a summoning/hydro support, a sword-and-board melee, and an archer. I could do literally nothing to those guys, and the hydro only had a couple offensive moves while her summons struggled through the necrofire. My melee had Bouncing Shield and little else for range while sitting on that platform, so in the end three of us had almost no way to help outside of a few buffs. It was three people casting Haste, Encourage, Bless, and Peace of Mind while Ifan's bow did all the real work.
I won on the first try, and it "only" took 40 minutes, but I can't say I was expecting that outcome for most of the fight.
The NPC wasn't a problem for me. He just stood there and threw daggers. At one point he started walking through necrofire trying to get in melee range, but I teleported him back and he didn't try again.

The first thing I did after cleaning things up and looting was to travel back to the ship and respec from geo to aero.

How about entire building and whole "pit" location around it turning into giant arena not fit into a single screenshot to show, filled only with necrofire and fire-resisting voidwoken? The game lagged so much, that even after battle has ended, the game it struggled to clear the remaining necrofire. Majestic 1 fps per second experience.

This game is really interesting i may say, in terms how deep its lore goes.

Also which sword do you guys think is better?

collector

this engine is impressive. I dropped barely any frames at all during that fight.

Unless 2 strength and 6 initiative are fucking amazing, then the collector is in every way better.
Has a 1/3rd more damage, lifesteal, and decent chance of silence.

I was running with this "collector" since fucking fort joy island, mind you. I even forgot where i found it already. Its main thing it scales with strength, this is why the damage is increasing constantly. Lifesteal most of the time fails. But i guess i'l continue to run with it.

Yeah it will most likely be your best damage weapon for the whole game. Scales with strength is rare as fuck. Are you using that loot variation mod?

No i don't, funnily enough. Only "Combined 'Better Balancing' (Fixed Incarnate) and 'No Level Scaling'" and crafting overhaul. Those are the only ones that can affect items.
Also this faggot escaped, i hope i can kill him later.

Oh fuck, there are plague doctors in the game. How unexpected.

I always get reminded of gif related when I see necrofire.

Then the fps tanks.

As far as i understand, everything void touches gets infested with voidwoken larvae. They like worms spread around elemental elements too, that later grow into void beasts. So necrofire is fire elemental void worms.

And here i was not consuming any soul and i am expected as a hero to stop quest giver to give me sorcery increase as a reward to complete quest. And those aren't any souls, those are souls ryker already enslaved for his own shitty needs.

There's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Well, i did not even noticed what he did. I guess i'l just kill him without getting his sacrifice.

Feel free to stop him. Including him there's 6 ways to increase your source points.

I am pretty sure there are more than that.

Jahan, Advocate, Hannag, Almira, Ryker, Dwarfguy, Spider woman

Just off the top of my head. I got one on accident once and I'm not sure how. I think it was from the arena.

Yeah, but for some weird reason my source points did not increase to 4. I guess 3 is the max.

I forgot Saheila

Well, there is some justice in this game, i guess. Also he completely ignored assassins i just killed on his bridge.

I wasn't 100% how many exactly. But it is good they give you more options than you need.

Yeah 3 is the cap but it would be cool if you could raise your source points above that.

Just realized the game's map looks a little bit like europe. With bloodmoon island being britain and driftwood - italy. Probably just my autism.

Oh boy, i was looking forward to meet this bird.

Is it viable to make a non plate two handed sword build? Havent played either of the games, but leather and/or mail armor has always been my thing.

Armor is divided between three main types as far as i counted - finesse requiring one, physical armor based and magical armor based. Levelup finesse i guess, if you want a build with finesse armor to be profitable get mod Scoundrel Unlocked to use Scoundrel skills without dagger, and with two handed sword.
You can still use finesse armors, but they usually contain characteristic benefiting to only archer/rogue types of characters. With the mod i mentioned it would be more balanced to make a light armor two handed guy. You would put points into warfare and scoundrel then. In normal game it would be a little bit inefficient build and you would not get bonuses from finesse just on warfare skill tree.

I've gotten up to the part where I'm going after some witch in a cave to save a dragon, and I'm a mix of confused and unimpressed. I'm confused over the difference between "source" magic and normal magic. It seems like the same shit to me. Why have two seperate kinds of magic if they're the same thing? Why is every single character both melee and magic? Where is the variety in combat and why kill it this way? Why does any attack net you 20 dmg while the enemy can knock your shit in with 40 dmg and a status hit? If the enemy will hit you harder regardless of what you do, why then spam the field with more enemies than you can handle, forcing you to turn to summoning when summoning isn't something you want to do, let alone anything you planned to do during the character creation screen? Where are all the healing items and why does it take so long for spell cooldown? Why does leveling up afford you so little points to up your stats on? Where is the scaling? And back to the witch and dragon, why is there a witch and dragon? We're already on an island where the prisonkeepers are the necromancers, how many more powerstruggling entities do we need, and why need them if they don't actually involve themselves in any kind of power struggling? And why are you allowed to kill the witch who didn't just sink your boat but was also the entire opening of the game itself?

Oh, and I sure did enjoy finding that blind guy, helping him fight off zombies, only for the situation to automatically reset itself so there was no real choice of helping the poor fucker out. Really fun, really immersive!

Are you just venting or did you have a question? Because a lot of the shit you wrote screams that you want a 'git gud' response to me.

Will getting gud fix the plot?

Dunno, I have over 200 hours in and I still don't know anything about the story.

I have a story related question too, why the fuck everyone wants the artifact i am carrying (i am assuming the one from eternal temple/dungeon beneath black pits)? At this point after killing ryker and taking it back from him i don't believe i should give it away to fucking succubus. I just wonder if this is the last place where the artifact can be given away. I just don't know if its worth it.

Bitch as much as you want, but you are on the tutorial island, so wooooow!
Finish the tutorial island faggot…
Finish the tutorial island faggot! You can respec, anything anytime from anywhere after that!
Oh my fucking god, is this nigga serious? Next thing you ask is "why the healthbar didn't regenerate?"'
WUT
You mean the handholding mechanism wihich level the mobs under your? GET OUT! NIGGER! GET OUT!

Except its actually there. The leveled items and mob health are a thing in default unmodded game.

Oh, one would be helpful for Red Prince, there is only one more in the game unless you cheat, which would be using prince to send the item to storage mid conversation. Advancing the storyline and obtaining a high-level thot on your ship.

Bloating about how you are not from here… wew You are sooo much better than any of us, just please don't sniff your own fart majesty!
Wrong, most of the items are randomized yes, but not level scaled. The items i just got from the Oil-field are miles better than the ones i just get from Driftwood and the Skull cave, because i supposed to do those first! And not the Oil-field which was a nightmare for a low level party!

Isn't that for crafting the Eternal armour?

Yes, actually. There are so many little moving parts to it that you only see in certain scenarios. If you are better you will learn more information from more sources.

So Almira is a helpful character in the story? Since well, she joined the ship. I don't need another companion though, if she's that.

Nah she just helps out in minor ways, especially in the next area. Plus shes a merchant, and I think when you sell stuff to her the items upgrade to your current level.

->>13627834
No, I want a fucking explaination on how much sense it is to get a whole religious order's panties in a twist when you still allow your prisoners the means to cast magic to harm you with. Not only that, but you shove them on the island, with a plan of turning them into walking corpses or crucified insta-death for what reason, exactly? Allowing them to create a functioning town, to explore the underground cavers freely, and to have zero supervision to the point where they create their own independent haven where they can break the mechanisms you're using to keep them under control? Mechanisms that don't render them harmless to begin with? What?
Oh yay, I get to look forward to looking forward to something I didn't know was there. Because being unaware of it, playing the game green, how stupid of me to not assume that the game wouldn't be retarded from start to finish. I sure love being punished for zero reason when what I want is unknowingly available AFTER I force myself through horse shit.
That's really cute. I bet you're proud of yourself on that one.
You fucking read me, why is there a witch and a fucking dragon? Where does this shit come from? An island as a prison colony, and nobody ever took notice, sailing around, that there was a fucking dragon? All I could wonder is how common dragons could possibly be that literally none of my characters gave a shit to see it. The magistrates hate one specific kind of magic but not all magic and not deadly flying dragons and their necro masters, yeah, all of this makes so much sense. Truly wondrous world building, what they needed to do was cram more shit on the tutorial island. I can't wait to get onto the mainland to see how much more shit they can possibly cram into a yard of space.[/sarcasm]
Thanks.

If that's true, great. Because I'd love to know why I was able to kill the woman who intentionally got herself imprisoned and took on a ship of people for reasons that clearly don't matter despite being the entirety of the opening cutscene.

She convinced the dragon to take her there. As he was in love with her. She was on the island specifically for the roses.
No one knew they were there.
Because source magic attracts voidwoken. You know, like how the first time you see someone use the shit and giant fucking kraken sinks the ship and kills everyone. They want to avoid that because they believe that's the only way to stop the voidwoken from fucking shit up.
It does when you pay attention.

Just keep playing, and keep in mind that this is the 6th game in a series.

To please her god obviously. That's what she was ranting about on the beach when you meet her again. Had you kept playing you find out who that is and specifically why.

Okay retard here is it:
It's a newly made prison island, because just before that it was an outpost to guard the shit of the big bad Barcuss Rex. after you arrive to Fort Joy you can chat with the reds, and nearly every of them give a little bit of info about the island history. Of course (character wise) you can point out how it's stupid, and you found out what they do with the prisoners but that just the first half of the truth!
When you finally leave the Fort you start to explor Barccus old places. Founding out the whole island is an experient ground for twisting the Source, which is god magic, blood of the gods. It's a first hard to understand clever mechanism which prevent you from going too OP with the super mass destruction spells or abuse the insta win spells. This is why you need to collect Source points. It's like the super potions and scrolls from the 90's. Pretty fun, when you bump into something deadly by accident (you will inthe main island, if you just roam foward like a retard (like me). The whole story will arround that how you open up more stuff for this power, like more points, more unique spells - not just your empowered basics, which will gave some flavour to the game (in combat and outside of combat).

About the Island: The Big Bad Rex made a few twisted shit and the red's abuse them. The point is in reality the Reds are abused by a (lets just leave this for you to found out)

Barcuss is gone, so his toys are (nearly) unguarded. The reds are unable to controll the whole island because its a fucking deathtrap and an experiment ground. See the Seekers who can live there without a problem. The dragon is a prisoner (do the quest and you found out his true form) and a witch is a relic hunter (came for the roses).

Are you sure about that?

There's a part in the last act of the game where you can autistically peruse prisoner rosters and shipment reports all you want. Just keep playing the fucking game.

Class mods

So fun it should be forbidden
Now i can actually play hybrid
Slightly underpowered, but still good

The guy who made Blood Knight and Elemental Warfare released Monk class (warfare+scoundrel) recently, did anyone check it yet?

Also did anyone test Artificer, Bard and Paladin? they all looked underwhelming

So how does this one work? Does the elemental damage scale off strength or what?

Damn, those elven trees are revengeous bastards. Selfish too.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and side with the elves on that one.

I wish all those mods had videos showcasing them. At least for other shit games modders do the work to make a video.

Yeah it pisses me off to no end that all the talented modders work on Betheda's trash. But I'm glad we have people adding entirely new classes.

So yeah, the skills scale off weapon damage and they get a bonus from INT.

holy fucking balls

Scales with the same attribute as your weapon as far as I remember
Also the effects of the skills change a bit, instead of being just "battlestomp, but does fire damage"

Neat.

I pulled the Magisters into a fight with the nearby Voidwoken to make it easier on myself when I wipe them all out.

You're a small kiddo, it could be done much easier without watching whole battle.
And i am not even stealth character to do it. Its all done while voidwoken and magisters fight in real time outside your own exploration mode. Eventually when i returned to scene after visiting meister's home - most of both died.

The Magisters have the numbers and they got the better buffs at the start of combat. But the bugs are looking like they might win this shit anyway. I am helping the spread of necrofire.

You still get xp for that?

Well, i guess not. So taking the battle has xp benefit. Its just back then i didn't wanted magisters to aggro against me and focused on that.

Yeah I got like 75% of a level for basically just watching them fight.

Ah that's cool. So it works the same way as the regular Warfare skills. I wonder if the fire skills also scale with Pyro?

is there any reason to not abuse Drudanae? Like, the pipe in the bar that gives a 50 turn plus bonus. IT is super cheap to buy any of the mixes too.

this is an 'i'm waiting on the next gaben/gog sale before i buy this, because i know i will get lost in this world for 6months once i have it' bump

It is 30 bucks on GOG, honestly, I think it is worth. Even then, it is super easy to pirate at the momenent since no DRM

i know, i know, and i can afford that too

here's the thing, i was kinda hoping to buy it on Humble Bundle so that some of the money would go to charity and i'd feel comfortable with making such a self-indulgent purchase

oh and that's the other side to it, it really does feel self-indulgent to buy a game like this because i'll be lost in it for months - on top of which, i kinda think a little delayed gratification might be good for me, and moreover, i can see myself getting depressed over the winter and kinda want to hold off on DOS2 until i really need the escapism

it's complicated and dumb and very subjective reasoning, but it's kinda whomst i am - complex

This site really needs an age limit for posting.

Kill yourself you retarded faggot.

I wonder if there's any use of him and how much it will upset the rest of nigger ring.

You can wipe out their camps individually without the others turning hostile.

But what about this god king guy, do i want him to become hostile or not? The guy ordered to bring severed Alexander head. I wonder if that leads to different ending.

You're in this to become God yourself, not to be someone else's bitch. What do you think?

Protip: Anyone called a God King is a faggot.

I keep telling you guys all you need to do is have your mage with 20 some int telelport him off the top OUT OF THE MAGISTER'S SIGHT, then go kill the magisters while he's far away from the oil field. You'll get all their loot and ace the quest without the oil blobs fucking everything up.

Hi Vial

Another question - anything good from letting the dorito pope live when i was killing lots of magisters anyway all this time?

Shiggy diggy doo.

He doesn't attack you even if you killed him and every magister you saw the whole game IF you can convince Gareth not to attack him.

Well, i convinced gareth not to attack him. So i guess that settles it. But i don't want to make this guy some kind of god, he's literally retarded easily persuaded baby.

Just kill him for the loot and experience.
He'll die when you deathfog the elves' tree anyway. You are going to do that, right?

Fucking magisters man

It's what repression of any particular group is called, its just (((coincidentally))) more used in relation with the jews.

No, its used in relation to jews because pogrom is a russian word, and hardly used in english for anything except another jewish holocaust in russia. Eh anyway, we're playing as GOD'S CHOSEN after all. Whole Raanaar culture of eternals is inspired by judaistic looking shit.
So "pogrom" against sorcerers is not really surprising.

No, it's become genericized into persecution in general. Like how holocaust can be used in ways other than the Holocaust (e.g. nuclear holocaust), except far more broad. I've heard the term in non-Jewish contexts more often than talking about the actual historical pogroms.

pogrom sounds like a punk music thing, like metal with mosh pits

Now that's some bullshit.

I can't believe i had a hard time remembering who the fuck that bitch was. She really exists only for bullying. And she's like fucking ebin cutscene bitch, and gets pushed like a dog. I was not expected her to be such underwhelming character.

That looks fun. Did you win?

Well, somewhere after certain amount of attempts and bruteforcing, had my lizard constantly on low health. The guy kept cloning magisters, apparently the bug is actually he resurrects a living person, creating a double, and then teleporting it. Which is fucking mess.

Fuck, this is difficult, do i choose between the Red Prince and myself now?

Well, i guess not.

Okay, now this is some blueballing at its finest.

Okay, no no no no no no, this is a mistake.

I just wanted to see what happens, no gay community here.

Why do lizards look so cute when they're curled up and sleeping?

Well, i reloaded save, no need for cute Red Lizard. I need a red lizard who fucks female red lizards and gives birth to cute dragons.

Does this game have a wacky noplot like the first one? Is there any reason to play it?

I see that you can have gay sex with a lizard. Is it actually fun to play?

Why don't you go and fucking play it and find out for yourself. This isn't reddit no one here gives a shit if you play it or not

Do you get a special item for taking lizard cum up your ass?

This question is easier to be answered by playing yourself, honestly. Its a crpg with environment exploitation mechanics with rather interesting somewhat well written lore. You're already third person who asks that, expecting a long answer on "is it fun" question. And you apparently can fuck every companion with no limitation, so that's good. Maybe next time i'l bring that edgy elf to a party.

This game is really good looking sometimes. Would play it third person, but i bet it wouldn't been fun that way at all. I won't be surprised if there will be Divinity 3 though.

[HERO] tag was not worth it

Also THERE'S SO MANY DAMN SHEBOONS IN PALADIN NUMBERS.

Job's done. This was the only soul i sent to oblivion.

You don't have to use it in dialog every time it comes up. Let that bitch get what she deserves.

I plan on pirating this game but should i play the first one to know what the fug is happening in the story?

AYO HOL UP

user, this is a 6th game in the series. So far as i played i didn't need knowledge of the series to understand stuff.

k den
thank you

Nah son, this is like how Skyrim is the second game and Final fantasy started at 4.

Where the fuck do I find human skulls? I need it to make those spells from the Overlord mod, but I still can't find any of them.

Fuck your lesbians too, Lucian.

I fucking hate how this bastard takes first turn in the fight, just because i was in dialog with him. What a load of bullshit.

Then he proceed to drink invis potion, all 90% resist potion of everything, stoneskin and proceeds to put more than one fortify on the same turn.
You should be able to oneshot him anyways 'cause LoneWolf the moment his resistences potions are down, or just Flay Armor from Polymorph

Apparently i found a way to kill his servants before killing him, i'l try that first.

Fuck. I don't even know if this is too good or actually bad.

They are indeed quite rare. Just found one in Adramahlihk's basement.

Wait, he transforms?

First turn of Doctor is Adramahlihk revealing himself. I managed to kill his servants first, while red prince was talking to him, and then before fighting him, hurt the girl that supposed to do blood pact. By hurting her first, and not the doctor, i achieved ability to do first turn myself instead of Adramahlihk. And then bombed him with fire as fast as i could.
Or else Adramahlihk taken first turn together with his servants and killed me before i could do anything myself.
That's pretty cheap way to win this fight.

Man I hate it when the best optio is to just cheese it but you lose out when you do it. Same with the undead dwarf in the cave at act 2, man was that transform a bitch for solo play when I didnt CC him first one time.

That dwarf fight isn't so bad since it's not cheesing per se. You just have to fight normally, but focus entirely on him and ignore the other enemies, and he'll go down naturally before he can transform.
With Adramahlihk you mostly have to plan the entire encounter around nuking him in the very first turn.

I am broken. Broken by those immortal pieces of shit.

You need Tornado. That's the only way you can get the cursed fire in the walls. Bless is too unreliable.

Welp, here goes Red Prince quest then, there's no way i am going to get tornado.

I'm pretty sure you can buy it in Arx. You only need 3 Air skill to use it. So you can probably make that up on 1-2 pieces of gear.

Cant you just respec on the lady vengeance quick and buy the spell then spec back after you're done?

I had a problem with this as well. Just run past them to the pool on the outside and jump in the portal. All is done.

It's not always necessary. Sometimes you don't need it and it just makes it less obnoxious. When I did that quest I had no issue with fire in the walls; it was just tedious as hell.
It is unreliable to just use Bless though, given how many people have problems.
And the mod to remove the Source cost of Bless is near-mandatory. Apparently it was like that in development and was only changed shortly before release, meaning the game was mostly designed around Bless being free, and I don't consider it a cheat. Between fights like this and all the times it comes up in dialogue, I think it makes more sense to only cost AP and not SP.

Worst comes to worst, respec to max sneak, get to the safe area in the garden without starting combat, drop a pyramid, warp to the Vengeance and spec back, port to the pyramid, and continue on the quest. Depending on where they start you may not even need the sneak; I don't know where they are since when I did it I stumbled in without knowing what I was walking into.

That would work too.

It is worse for me, there's literally nothing in that garden beyond Revenants.

spirit vision my nig

Spirit Vision nigger. At this point in the game you should know that it needs to be on 24/7.

Thanks, i am such an idiot.

Should I kill Lorhar? I am debating weather or not to rat him out to the Magisters.

>Recently started a new game with my gf with two mods of extra monsters and a mod that increases the level of the enemies to what we want (currently our level +1)

They can heal a significant amount of health per turn. On my latest run my character was already healing from fire so the only danger was from the archers

Why not both?

Forgive my ignorance.

Isn't this game (and the franchise) completely and unreservedly pozzed? Like Bioware level pozzed? Why is there so much serious discussion about it on Holla Forums? Is there actually a good game hidden underneath a thick and repellent layer of 'current year?'

You're trying too hard.

I'm going to bite, maybe it'll help some lurkers.
It's a really great game, my GOTY so far.
The only "pozzed" shit is that there's a lesbian couple and that you can have gay sex if you wish (basically NPCs do not care about your sex and you can fuck them with whatever).

The prince is more than happy to be emperor of his people. You just had to talk to him more and know you didn't ever need to persuade him. If you are doing his quest he's content with you being divine.

Not in the least. It's made in belguim which has libtard people in it but it it's pozzed at all. The girl with problem hair is straight, the only lezbo couple gets killed by authoritarians, and you can have sex with anything you want.

seems like they do, my warfare+aero skills had extra damage comparing to the normal ones (with 10 levels in aero)

Downloading this game as we speak. Housemate got me into this and I had sheckles to spare. I've always been a Baldure's Gate fan, but also dabbled in Necromancy when it comes to Path of Exile and Diablo 2. Any way of making a build based on summoning armies of the undead?

For me it's really either that or go full on fire mage.

Not, without mods no. But there are some cool mods. Refer for this post for names:
For armies of undead you will need overlord for sure.

Thinking about giving this game a go with a friend, but I'm not convinced that multiplayer is all that great due to the dialogue behaving like it does. Is it a pain in the ass to play coop? Are there other things besides how dialogue is handled that might make coop shit?

Talking about necromancy, it should had probably been better called "blood magic", because that's what it literally is in terms of skills.

it was called witchcraft in the first one.

Yeah, that was more suitable. Also
What a load of crap. I really need to buy loads of resurrection scrolls next time i am going to proceed with the game properly. Because the only way to get constantly debuffed character out of there is through death.

you can break all the mirrors with far out man and a bow before more than the first 3 spawn

Finally got out by a miracle - i had one scroll of clear mind while having clear mind itself on cooldown. But holy fuck that was something:

Witch sets terrified
Malady - charmed
Alexander - maddening aura

And its like cooldown on all this shit is like just as long as the effect. One character suck in between them just goes around like its a bukkake of debuffs.

Arx has a fuckload of random faggot NPCs and you can fuck any of your party members. It's not pushed like it is in other stuff but it is there.

I've seen your posts in the last few threads, are you playing on ironman?

Arx is this game's Weimar Berlin. Unintentionally.

No i am playing on classic with tougher bosses and more enemies. If you ask why i won't reload a save in the beginning of the fight - i like to live with some mistakes being made, i would rather restart in town if i had no other option though. I want to replay this game on tactician after i am done with it, but the more i progress the lesser i have a desire to do so. Maybe try out overlord myself later.
And its not just posts, i created at least two those last threads. The only reason my id switches like shit is because i have no control over it, so you have to forgive me if you will.

Well, back to the story again. At least i no longer feel bad about killing House of Shadows members and "Shadow the Edgelizard". Onward to kill the Jew King i guess.

Heh, there's some cute in this. Good riddance i could leave the child in safety, almost thought i cannot. Not like i needed a dragon currently.

Can always try some teleporter fuckery to get him out

Teleporter doesn't work between portals of dreams worlds, obviously. Behind the door there's fucking new location.

Talking about teleportations, i still have those fuckers to go through.

Just warp to a waypoint without engaging combat with them, unless it starts right in the garden.

Wait a second. You don't tell me right now there's a feature to get to nearest waypoint that i wasn't using the whole fucking game?

It doesn't work in combat and, probably, dialogues though. Also fleeing from combat (the flee button next to "wait") should warp you to the nearest waypoint as far as I remember.

I'l go fuck myself. I didn't knew about this fucking button. But i guess it was an alright experience having to use no fast travel all this time. Wasn't that terrible.
Also i hope god king is one of the final bosses or something, since i don't know where to search for him except lucian tomb.

I can't play this game anymore
it gets so boring halfway though

Depends of what you call halfway. Arx is a really terrible part of the game.

why this happen?

Only get? Or complete? Because nameless isle is a joke of a location. Nothing there is serious.

Well, anyway, i am going into lucian tomb expecting rape. My dual lone wolf build is pretty shabby, brought 13 resurrection scrolls and 12 giant potions. Kinda dissatisfied with red prince's main weapon damage, but it has interesting stats so far, maybe i can try to respec something.

Arx is a human city right? I'm playing an undead elven Overlord and am at act 2 but am considering starting again as a Void Knight edgemaster or maybe ranger.
I don't mind the elves although their language reminds me of a refined ebonics and from what I've seen, they've started the reconquista. At the same time, I want to play as a human and gas the other races because it's reasonably obvious that they're gearing up to enslave or eradicate the humans. Can we align with or take control of the Divine order/magisters?

Well, you can align with Dallis i suppose, but she's a bitch. The most "holy" ending is becoming divine yourself.

You can combine three bones into a skull.
And you get a bone by combining any body part with an ooze barrel.

OK i will play the game now is there anything i should know? Anything that can help me very much or bite me in the ass later?
im a total scrub in such games

Put the crafting materials in a bag you plebs

Take pet pal, have a dedicated trader character

If you don't take Red Prince you will end up killing everyone involved in his quests, this is the character with the most amount of companion quests. Pet Pal on at least one character is a must. Luck gives amazingly good equipment, barter is a must to level too. Persuasion is heavily stat depended. But the really important bit is that the builds in the game are very different in their tiers, pyromancy is broken as hell, and necromancy is underwhelming. So if you suck a lot maybe you should respec/try making different build. You can respec freely on a ship after leaving fort joy.

Also i wonder how are you expected to know you're supposed to spell "POWER" with those leavers without looking at the fucking guide?

Welp. I already know who i am going to replay this game as.

Someone tells you

Well, i guess i skipped that someone. Its funny Lucian tries to be a cuck for eternal bitch. Really the guy doesn't deserve divinity if he wants to give it in this much. Its time for replacement.

You kinda expect angel-looking things in Lucian's apartment, even if that's just an elemental mage. But not a female nigger magister, that's just an insult.

Amazing.

Why does he have so little life and armor?
I'm in Arx and enemies have a few thousand HP each.

He's using reduced number bloat mod

>you can charm lucian
what the fug

the last 20 minutes of the game were the weakest part by far, the game just seems to fizzle out and run out of steam at arx
aquiring divinity and getting to do fuck all with it was a big fuck you

Eh, mod that unlevels enemies, makes them static, also lowers hp amounts because they stop rising with your level, i use the version that combines it with better balancing.. Tougher bosses overrides it, but the only "tougher" boss apparently is Dallis. However i still suck because damages done to me are extraordinary.

He just spammed fire on the crowd, killed one mob and didn't even bless. Cunt.

Is it true that if you never steal, never start a fight, and never eat any spirits, you get some special reward?

That's why I chose the divinity ending. I watched all the others and apparently, outside of the 2 villain endings, choosing divinity is considered the "bad" one. Fuck that shit I went through the whole game I'm not gonna cuck myself into submission.

Fuck the Red Prince.
Don't take him. Kill him and every stinking lizard and undead you come across.
They are a blight on Rivellon.

You can actually convince him that you'd be a better divine and he will follow you like a pet/summon and defend you from other godwoken.

Alexander is ok.

EVERYTHING ENDS BY BULLYING

THE GAME BEGAN BY KNOCKOUTING CORNER BULLYING AND IT SHALL END THIS WAY!

Damn, the fight didn't end yet, and i already feel the heat of being a true bully overlord.

FUCK

Oh is that how it is huh, oh well.

Well, and then comes rape time. With me as victim of course.

Boss is far away, only a handful of skills can reach him. But nothing is far away for the boss! Wonderful.

can you romance any of the non human grills? Not playing it for that but I like me some monsters.

Holy fucking balls i am stupid. Also 3 out of 6 available endings can be chosen from the very fucking end like in any modern rpg. I guess the other 3 are siding with Dallis, God King or Adramahlihk, which is just being a bitch.

Only elf is a grill. But you can still gay sex the dwarf and lizard.

shiet. Are there mods to fix it?

Well. There was no real conclusion. I feel there will be an expansion with battle against god king, or a third game based on that story. There are also designs for "Evil Utopians", who are probably serve god king, since they look very much like Black Ring slaves. Nice slideshow like in new vegas in the end, based on your choices.

Yeah, but if you help him Red Prince fucks off to his land because it is now protected by dragons and god king's voidwoken army fucking fears them.

Okay, i lied, i forgot about whole opportunity to fuck a lizard prostitute in the tavern.

Img sauce?

Eh, i am fine wish it, i've seen divinity ending as a proper continuation of the story. You become some sort of warhammer's God Emperor and lead mankind, elves, lizards and dwarves into fighting Chaos - the void. Which will continue later in the story as it should. Its more satisfying than becoming something and giving it up.

What mods would you use with Overlord mod as a main?

Isn't the Overlord just 5 variations on "summon skeleton"? What's even the point? Why'd they call it the "Overlord" mod?

They call it Overlord because of Overlord novel series, i guess.
Although i think i am going to put this game a rest.
Yep, time to rest. I don't think i can tackle watching skeletons and voidwoken taking turns for an hour after hour.

just saw the quest, not as vanil as I would have hoped but oh well. Like I said, not why I'm getting the game but it would have been a neat bonus.

bittenhard

Yeah, that's my whole point. The summons have little-to-nothing to do with the LN series Overlord, so I want to know why it's called that.

What Divinity games are worth playing after completing DOS2? Just asking if i'l consider playing any of them for more lore stuff.

Blood Knight has necromancy versions of warfare skills, they have a mechanic that applies effects penetrating armor, but the skills have absurd AP costs
Void Knight is super fun, but not necromancy-related

7 versions:

1 lesser warrior skelly (2 AP, 1 turn CD, super spammable)
3 lesser warrior skelly (6 AP, long CD, great to open combat with)
3 lesser archer skelly (6 AP, long CD, skelly archers are glass cannons)
1 normal warrior skelly (3 AP, 3 CD, has cripple and battering ram)
1 normal archer skelly (3 AP, 3 CD, has tactical retreat and ricochet)
1 greater warror skelly (4 AP, very long CD, has whrilwind, cripple and battering ram)
1 greater lich (4 AP, 1 SP, 10 CD, summons lesser warrior skellies and throws fireballs)

The mod also have attack spells like a bouncing bone spear that deals physical dmg or some negative energy spells (air damage)

None of the games have consistent lore between each other, but I liked both Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 more than Original Sin games, even though they are pretty hapzardly executed.

I am planning to take a look at Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity first and foremost. Divinity 2 later. Just started DD and see already talks about how "village lost contact with Source". I guess the ending where player spreads source to everyone was canon or something.

How the fuck did you get Gareth to survive?

Well, you protect him from magisters in woods, convince him to believe lucian word by word so he won't go apeshit about his dead parents. Don't let him join the fight against alexander. And make him pray for you later. That's it.
Its easy for him to die though, i know it.

The ending where the player sides with Lucian and eliminates Source is most canon. Lucian has to return because otherwise the events of Divinity 2 can't happen.

Divine Divinity comes before OS2.

Hm. The cheapest shit ending is canon. Pretty silly.

"Canon" is really loose, because nothing in DOS2 makes sense in the context of either DD or D2 (which don't make sense in context of each other either).

The whole plot is Lucian's idea, and Lucian returns later chronologically. How many ways can that work out?

Parallel universes maybe a thing?

More like the devs didn't give a shit and just changed what ever they needed to make the game they wanted at each time.

Very quick timeline of how things go

Judging by your timeline list OS1 is completely out of chronological order too?

OS1 happens WAY before the events of Divine Divinity. 1000+ years to the point that its events would be nothing but myth and legend.

Oh boy. 1000 years and zero technological progress. Eternals would cringe from that.

(You)

8800 AR: Divinity Dragon Commander
4 AR: Divinity Original Sin
1218 AD: Divine Divinity
1233 Damian Banished
???? Divinity Original Sin 2
1238 AD Beyond Divinity
1300 AD Divinity 2

First post I fucked up the second date and put "2" on the end of Original Sin 1 because I'm an idiot

Wait a second. They build temples and statues to lucian after two decades as he became the divine? The guy surely wanted to harvest that precious source as soon as possible.

They did have skyships, airplanes, tanks, mechs and other steampunk level tech during Dragon Commander era but it was all destroyed because a wizard thought all technology was evil.

Is it really surprising they would build statues to their Incarnate God who just saved the world, within a couple of years? Not sure about the temples, could be using pre-existing structures for that.

The cathedral at Arx has a hall for the old gods that looks like they just dumped the shrines there to get them out of the way of Lucian's tomb and personal temple.

Not an unpopular concept, i guess.

I am just judging it by widespread of religion. All humanity suddenly abandoning their believes and in few years without bloodshed worshiping something they never knew. When i played the game, it sounded like Lucianic culture existed for good thousand or hundred of years, since i rarely payed attention to dates in books.

New cults can spread CRAZY fast. Just like Christianity.

Lucian was Mohammed-Jesus who had concrete proof he was given (half of) the power of the seven main gods. I don't think it's far fetched he supplanted the racial gods in importance when he was supposed to be their representative. And in DOS2 I got the idea Lucian wasn't that revered outside his own empire.

Imagine how fast Christianity would have been adopted if Jesus fought a Roman senator who turned into a demon.

I'm trying to get red prince to lvl 10 summons to see if the dragon gets bigger. RP is at lvl 6 summons right now and his kid hits for 800 HP minimum and his fireball is 1200 HP magic damage. More powerful than my 29 int lvl 21 mage with 7 pyrothurgy.

thats actually exactly what happens. but in the ending slideshow [spoiler]Driftwood and reapers coast are dead, and Arx never really grows. Almost like it's maintaining the status quo[/spoilers] It really sets up for you as the divine to kill the god king in the void i think

It has those small bonecrawler things too

Even the modder straight up tells you that you shouldnt play in Tactician with those mods, nigger what are you doing?

And even Lone Wolf, drop that shit, it makes the game way easier, easier than it already is. You won't get as much enjoyment if you don't have 4 characters that are OK instead of 2 power houses that can do everything and kill everything while blinking.

That's what I play it on. It's totally fine imo.

Is there a way to lighten the loading times?
I'm at the Bloodwhatever Island, with The Advocate.
The game takes literally up to 10 minutes to load, sometimes it just crashes instead.

It is a pirate copy so I don't know if they updated the game with a patch to improve the system and whatnot.

Why the fuck can't I complete anathema? Is my game fucked or can I not actually finish it in act 2?

You get both piece in act 2. You don't get the weapon till act 4.

My game takes ages to load when I change/add mods. But other than that it only takes about 20-30 seconds.

>Sucking source from creatures kills them, source flows through every living being
>Lucian will sacrifice all source in the world but magically only one to suffer for it is you by becoming a vegetable while he becomes the secretely powerless god emperor
>Cant just replace him and do the same thing yourself, have to choose between becoming a retard or damning the realm to eternal war
What is this bullshit?
Fuck everyone, eternal war it is then.

Because you need to wait for the next godwoken then, as soon as you ascend to divinity and try to close the veil.

Wrong.
Source still exists in Divinity II and is even considered sacred.
The city of Aleroth even has a place called "Source Square."

My assumption is that the canon ending is Source Communism with Lucian still locked up in the Hall of Echoes.

But if the divine can suck power from the gods and by proxy, from the godwoken. Why would you/him have to wait for the godwoken to come to him/you?
In any event I get the feeling that hes just a cunt and didnt want to end up retarded so he just waited for the player to come along to end up as a sacrifice.
I feel like the 40k ending is the "good" one, its pretty much what everyone deserves.

There also dragons being reborn in divinity II. In DOS2 rebirth of dragons is placed upon Rad Prince. And being one of the godwoken he could neither become a vegetable nor a divine. He cannot also die.
This leads only to one question - is there a god king in divinity ii?

There's also Zandalor and Arhu. Both are Sourcerers and definitely aren't vegetables in Divinity II.

Your times are off.
Original Sin 2 takes place AFTER Divinity 2.

Damien is confirmed dead. And it was Lucian that killed him.

No, Damian's just banished to another realm.
He'd returned by the time Divinity II began.
Also, Lucian comes back by the end of Divinity II Flames of Vengeance, so OSII, where everyone's begging for him to return, simply can't be set before it.
There's also the fact that elves fuck off to Nemesis on every possible OSII ending and they no longer exist in Divinity II (no, it's not because they didn't have budget for the models, there's lore/flavor text that says that they're gone.)

Huge load times happen if you add, remove or change the order of your mods

But Original Sin 2 clearly states that Lucian defeats Damien and outright kills him during the 'great war' that is started at the end of Divinity 2.

Works on my machine tm

The devs specifically stated that this takes place before Beyond Divinity

Also the dates in the game specifically peg the Divine's "death" at 1233 AD. Talk to the encyclopedia guy.

You know you can end your problems right here just by looking up to cullender date somewhere in Divinity OS2, right? Just what was the year in DOS2?

I think this user might be right

I recal the encyclopedia guy in arx mentioning/asking the player about the date of the "death"

yes, and the correct answer is 1233

This has to be the most overrated RPG these past 3 years. The writing is shit and unfunny, the itemization and scaling is fucking garbage that makes any unique items worthless a level or two later and the combat is shit because absolutely fucking everything is acidic blood necrofire of fuckyou. Act 1 was great. Act 2 was starting to decline and Act 3 was the kick in the nuts that made me quit.

Item stats grind my gears the most, 90% of stats are shit I dont need like mage schools on strenght armors, intellect on gear that requires strenght or finesse etc.

Also: Performance is shit and it was buggy as fuck.
Amazing music, though.

I wish there was enchanting system in the game that wasn't balls. To remove original skill enchantments and add your own instead.

Item requirements are never very high. I'm thinking 14 is the highest stat you need for level 20 stuff? Point is you can easily wear strength or finesse gear on an int-based character. In fact you probably SHOULD, because you are going to need some of that physical armor.

You should also probably be dipping into a couple of spell schools with your melee character. All of them really have at least a couple of spells that could be really useful. Not that you should dip into every one because you simply don't have enough AP or memory to make use of it all, but they aren't just pointless wastes no one will use.

Divine divinity happens in 1218
The "death" is 1233
Beyond Divinity - 1238
Divinity Original Sin 2 - 1242
Divinity II - 1300 AD

Judging from what i read right now, Damian is supposed to return right after DOS2 happenings.

Who is this and where can I find him?

Cranley Huwbert, you will meet him in Arx, you collect his books through the game.

The plot of Beyond Divinity is basically Damian's return. I haven't personally played the game through to the end because it's shit, but I don't see how he could still not be back by 1242 if the ending of the game taking place in 1238 is him coming back.

Having read up on the timeline, official statements from the developers and visited Cranley Huwbert, I've come to conclusion that Original Sin 2 MUST take place after Divinity 2, as it simply cannot take place before it.

The 'death' of Lucian was after Damiens return from his banishment.
The statement from developers; "Can you meet young Damian? No, this is just before Beyond Divinity, he's still stuck in Nemesis." Not only is it contradictory, since Lucian only dies after Damians banishment ended, the statement was made back in 2015, when the game still had not been written, making the statement irrelevant.

We also have paintings portraying Zandalor and Arhu finding Lucian after he was banished by Damien (as found at the end of vanilla Divinity 2) and we have a painting of Damiens heart pierced by a sword, which is not how he was banished to Nemesis.

The answer is - dlc.

Well, it wouldn't be a mistake to assume, that the magisters and lucianic cult interpenetrated lore in a wrong way, which was already casually written.

Note that the armed warrior in the Zandalor and Arhu painting is most likely the dragon knight from Divinity 2

If it was really the Dragon Knight, he'd get more references in the game than just a single painting.
I mean, "bringing the Divine back from the Hall of Echoes" and "killing Damian's witch bitch" makes for quite a resume, so, assuming OSII is set after Divinity II, it's literally impossible for there to be so little(or none, if that's not the DK in the painting) Dragon Knight worship.
Even the Source Hunters from the first OS got a mention in dialogue, after all. The only ways they could avoid referencing an entity that had such a great impact on recent history is by setting OSII before Divinity II or outright retconning the latter.

Are those fuckers immortal or something? They both were in OS1.

Not aging isn't a big deal for Sourcerers.
Braccus lived for millennia, IIRC.

Its overrated because there's nothing like it on the market. This game in particular could be the only right right way of CRPG genre to evolve into next gen. Its also way ahead its competitors in quality like Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera or Age of Decadence. Its better than all of fucking "new" crpgs on the market, getting beaten only by Underrail, but it never went popular nor is technologically impressive.

I really like the game but the amount of fucking persuasion checks to get anywhere in Arx is fucking infuriating.

Not Sorcerers, but Wizards. Wizards were the unkown number of children from her human lover and Amadia. Her lover was made immortal and so were all his children. Among them is Zandalor and Arhu, and Maxos was probably the lover. They are in tune with magic, which is different than source.

It's like you never played a CPRG before.

I do have a character high in persuasion, it's just that there are a ridiculous number of persuasion checks compared to earlier I believe. Either way the atmosphere in act 4 seems really lacking compared to act 1 and 2.

anyone have a good magnet for the game. Just tried to torrent a copy and it had some malware hidden in there.

It's very short too. Once you get to Arx you do 2 battles, immediately hit town, finish 5 quests in the 5 mansions there, and beat the game. I think it's pretty clear they ran out of dollary doos or cut it short because holy balls Act 3 is FUCKING NOTHING. That and I was sure the capital of the human area was another town in Divinity I and not Arx. It's like they made a gay island town just because they didn't want to add lands and quests around it.
Act 1- Best part of the game
Act 2- Most involved part of the game
Act 3- Rushed part
DLC- Shittiest part

I got mine straight off of tpb. No problems here.

Some tracks are hit and miss, some are outright annoying and inappropriate, but sometimes there are fucking masterpieces like this, that both appropriate to location and well orchestrated.

Also this fucking retune of tavern theme.

I think act 4 was better than act 3 by a lot. Still not as good as act 2 of course.

I need a little help or rather an advise…

I plane to make a second walkthrough, but with a mod which allowe every companion to join in my MC's journey. I know some games (like the garbage which Bethesda makes) pretty much get broken with multiple companions. Is this a valid danger in D:OS2 too?
- As far as i know most decent rp games slipt the xp between companions so a large group can't go into to OP. i hope this rule is exist in this game too! Can someone confirm?
- As far as i experienced most quest is connected one-way or another. Like the Red Prince first request and the edgy elf woman request with the lizard dreamer. Could this lead to a problem with a large group?
- Should or shouldn't i download the many-times-mentioned "increase the enemies" mod for challenge? Or the game still will provide enough challenge even for a large group?
- Kind of releated to the previous question, but which is better? Built in increased difficulty or a mod which increase the challenge?

Any helpful answer is very appreciate! Thank you guys!

fug : DDD

My memory's a bit rusty, but I'm quite sure that's not what OS1 said.
I recall that Zandalor, along with the twin sisters, were all Sourcerers and some one of the few still-sane keepers of its secrets (before the younger one snapped, anyway.)
And Arhu? How can he be a descendant of Amadia and a human dude when he was originally a cat? Guy was a stray that hanged around the place where Braccus' sister — Cassandra — was locked up. She enjoyed his company and eventually used her Source powers to turn him human, after which they spent many days playing around with Source, strongly implying that he's a Sourcerer, as well.

Like, I'll concede that they don't age due to orthodox magic, but I'm not convinced that they aren't Sourcerers.

Everything really depends how good you are at the game, if you are good then having more than 4 people will make even tactician prob too easy without mods.

You can buy merc companions when you get out of fort joy.

Thanks, but i'm pretty sure am still not enough good. I playing on "normal", most of my hard battles was won by witts rather than with raw strength. And stime to time i still make stupid moves, like attack rather than retreat and for better position.
Feeling myself forced to use my mind than just stomping everything is very satisfying. It's something which i want to keep even with a large party.

I bought the game a few weeks back, and haven't had the chance to play the last couple weeks. It seems there has been two updates since then. How fucked is my save?

Is anyone else's audios keep turning on and off? It's getting pretty fucking annoying.

Updates do not fuck your save. At worst it will nerf one skill that you were relying too much but nothing of that sort happened, instead we got buffs (like Reactive Shot) and fixes (like melees no longer hitting someone at 20meters above their head if they are hugging the wall).

It was first fun, but now it's really annoying.
I think it has something to do with the fact you futher in the game the load time just increase.