They imagined to simplify the game so much and strip so many features that the only fun that can be had is from trying...

I don't even know if that's a positive or a negative at this point

Watch out, user, many fags here hate it when you touch their pockymen.

The QTs were all it had going for it from day one.

Does anybody like Sun and Moon?
I mean I can understand how people can be split up to Black and White, but this…
There's just no fun to be found anywhere

They somehow decide to reintroduce challenge to the game after everybody complained about the games being too easy, and the way they do it is that they pit you against multiple pokemon at the same time. It's a fucking mess all around

Actually I like it when people touch them~

I was able to complete the dex, which was OK I guess.
And I grinded for a competitive team more. And just as I've finished- the next game is out.
Battle Tree is OK- and the game is "fine" for how little I play vidya nowadays. But it's kinda pathetic. Then again, even at it's height Pokemon was never gonna be the best RPG. They really do need to focus on single player being more fun, and balance online better.

Pokemon was a great adventure by yourself in a big world, it was never about the RPG mechanics or the competitive multiplayer.
But all that's completely gone since you're constantly stopped dead in your tracks by the game reminding you that you need to follow the path they set out for you.

At least in the older games you didn't feel like you were constantly on a path someone had made for you, even if you were

I think it was a step above gen 6 only because it had one more battle facility other than not-Battle Tower, even if Battle Royal isn't very good. I'm more worried about USM because from what I've seen it's mostly gimmicky overworld stuff. Yo-kai Watch did similar in 2, instead of adding more development into more battle stuff, they added in overworld distractions like kicking cans into trash bins, helping hold ladies to a destination, and the endless tunnel. I kind of wonder if these features in USM are an attempt to emulate Yokai Watch based on its Japanese success.

I never considered the SOS battles to be a challenge but a way to get better IV Pokemon, hidden abilities, and to EV train. In which case, it does pretty well when you've got a team prepared for it.
If you do want challenge, you need to turn off the Exp All, and if you want more challenge change the battle mode to set. The story railroading you can't be fixed, but that's been done since Gen 2 so it's something I expect from Pokemon, even if I would prefer it to be otherwise.

You will burn in earth before you burn in hell, sodomite.

You know, oral sex exists too?

The dev said to expect "ultra changes" for the post-game. But TBH that can just be the fact you visit Ultra Beasts in their world rather than Alola. Genuine spoiler: They did say you could get Mewtwo from the portal/Ultra Beast worlds. So they might have it so you can get other legionaries.
I hate to say it- but if they had Battle Frontier they'd have shown it off by now. All we can hope is more trainers to fight- or at least more rematches than the E4 and Director.

Therefore fucking a pokemon is not sodomy.

That being said, 2bcd5b should still kys himself for being a gay furfag.

Stop this retarded fucking spoiler thing.

I don't know what you are talking about

I refer to all gays as sodomites

Kill yourself homo

Yeah the older games were very linear to the point of being nothing but corridors but they didn't explicitly spell everything out for you. Some gyms could be done slightly of of order and some of those caves felt huge without a map.

I'm mainly complaining about the trials or whatever they're called.

Why even bother? I wanted to do it for a game I liked but playing this is pain, the fucking game doesn't even run at 25 fps on my O3DS

I'm okay with there being no frontier if there's still multiple battle facilities in the map like what BW2 did, but they would have announced those by now too.

Do you also get the feel that the maps are MUCH smaller now?

3rd, 4th, and 6th Gen made sure that all Pokemon were catchable just within the given generation. I wonder if Ultra Space portals will take the role of the Hoopa portals from OR/AS and just place legendaries fucking everywhere, split between versions, of course.

SOS Battles tried to do too much. They combined shiny hunting, good IV hunting, hidden ability hunting, and EV training all into one, plus even hid some SOS exclusives into the mix as well. Yet for some reason they split the Day Care into a Nursery and Isle Evelup.

The caves and other dungeon stand-ins have been shrinking in recent games. I can't remember the last time I was worried about running out of PP or status items, especially since Pokemon Refresh made them redundant.

The two things 7th gen lacked the most for me was trainer rebattling, and an easy spot for money and exp grinding, like the Battle Chateau. Also the Festival Plaza was a lame attempt to combine the PSS and Join Avenue and just ended up ended being worse than both. At least they're bringing the Pass Power/O Power mechanic back via the Rotom Dex.

Oral sex is also sodomy.

Some of the ideas are cool and a handful of the late fights (Final Rivals, Elite Four) are actually pretty good, nowhere near as pathetically easy as XY were. Game was more enjoyable than DP. Those games were a piece of shit: horribly fucking slow, requiring a dozen HMs at every corner, tiny regional dex, shifting Pokedex and grading from caught to seen while funneling you into trainer encounters to ensure you saw everything in the regional dex cheapening any sense of completion by making dex "completion" mandatory.

Oh and DP made you go through the same cave with only 3 different wild Pokemon like a dozen times and never once did they make it fun.

What ideas are good?
And does a few fights make it better than X and Y or DP? I mean shit nigga that's some really low expectations.

DP was miles better than this

BW remains the best first version. BW2 remains the best Pokemon game and the last truly great game.

At this point I firmly believe you're the same dude that comes in every pokemon thread and says this because I refuse to believe more than one person believe this.

BW is where the big problems of modern pokemon games start becoming very apparent. From a complete misunderstanding of the roots the games come from, to horrible handholding, to anime tier story.

They're awful. Unless you like kid's anime I guess. But in that case you're probably also not very bright.

Gen 6 is where it started to go downhill though, in addition to the handholding and whatnot you have GF start to pander hard to Gen 1. The lack of post-game activities from XY onwards hurt the games too.

Black/White's story is very shit but it was the most fun I had with a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver. I couldn't even make myself finish Platinum, the game just felt like a mess from top to bottom.

What's funny is that BW's story is the best in the mainline series and it's not even great. SM couldn't even match that despite the forced cutscenes all over the place.

But he's right.

That's delusional. You can see the setup for the shit since Gen 3, in Gen 5 it slips really bad, Gen 6 is offensively terrible and I don't even know what Gen 7 is supposed to be

The biggest hurdle GF is facing is trying to make the Pokemon games easy enough so that kids don't get stuck and quit the game (and potentially the series itself). That leads to all the older fans complaining about the lack of difficulty which I surprised hasn't lead to some sort of choice of difficulty option (outside of starter Pokemon choice).

I remember going through Rock Tunnel without getting HM Flash and that felt like an hour wandering through it to the exit. I don't why I did it, just young and stupid I guess.

I have honestly NEVER seen a kid play with a 3DS or pokemon. I take trains, busses, wait in public places for long times where families are, zero.

I could be completely wrong but at this point I'm fairly sure the Pokemon audience, at least for europe, is entirely made up by people over 20.

But 1st gen is harder than current gen and kids back then could manage. Are we really at the stage today where people are so overexposed to easy games that the player losing at any point is considered bad game design?

I think kids are just plain stupider now than they were 20 years ago

I have a friend in an irc who's maybe 20 years old, and attempting college for a second time.

He gets really depressed about "time investment" in a game. If he dies or loses progress, he'll basically ragequit it for a day or more. He only plays loot treadmill games like Warframe because you are guaranteed to get something (eg daily rewards).

Creative build that might not work? Better stick to the cookie cutter meta.

He also plays a fair amount of incremental / clicking games

I hate how they wanted to implement the dream world thing in gen 5 only to phase it out almost instantly and locking a big part of the game forever.

You can blame an Earthquake on that

even the humans are animals, silly.

Really? Capcom blamed the earthquake for the need to make UMvC3 instead of adding everything as DLC.

Sounds to me like he needs to find an actually fulfilling hobby instead, because he clearly doesn't like video games. Reading your post actually kind of made me sad because I imagined myself playing nothing but skinner boxes and clicker games. I'd rather quit vidya forever than to do that.

Seconding this, get him to do literally anything else because this guy is too pathetic to play video games.

Well see the Earthquake is a bit more valid here as it delayed the Launch of Dream World meaning most people forget it was a thing before they even got to use it

If you have normalfag friends who play it there's fun to be had. Since normalfags don't autistically train everything, everyone can recognize each other's pokemon. Getting a new one is slow enough that you won't be blindsided by a brand new team. If a new pokemon shakes the local meta too much either everyone else adapts or the pokemon is retired for a week to see what people come up with. Normalfag pokemon is slow and fun even in gen 7.
Outside that there's no reason to bother with anything other than breeding and cheesing Battle Tree with a Durant to get held items.

Gen 7 did something as bad. They've been giving out codes to get the mega stones for pokemon not native to gen 7. Those codes expire at the end of this month. That's half the mega stones made unavailable to new players without trading for them.

Well it's simple really, just hack the mega stones in, and since they've been released it's fine to use them

I recall using the dream world a lot and not long before the release of pokebank they phased out the dream world, which made getting berries a pain in the ass, dream radar was OK but it required a 3DS by then.

That's horrible, I mean, we end up hacking event only pokemon, hell, locally I can still make business by selling Mystery Gifts from time to time on Gen 4 and Gen 5, I heard you could use QR codes on 3DS games but it banned you from Nintendo Network or something.

Why do you do this spoiler shit every thread?

IIRC, US/UM has already been confirmed to contain about 400 mons, so this isn't going to happen. If they release a Diamond/Pearl remake later on as part of Gen 7, then it might be possible then, but not from US/UM alone.

I've seen this theorized. Personally I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting. Ideally every portal should lead to a dungeon and the rewards should be more varied than just legendary pokemon every time. They could throw Mega Stones at the end of portals to give one example.

Maybe they will do something similar to Gen 3 and the NGC games where you had to use pokemon box and the like to get all of them, this time with their Pokemon for the Switch.

You can, and it's easy enough to get around the rule without being caught as long as you don't do something retarded like use something that shouldn't be legal to get
So cheesing for EVs is fine

The QR codes were part of a gen 6 exploit. You'd load up the game, scan the code and it would import the pokemon right to your bank. An update patched it, and that update was required for online, so you couldn't hack and go online on the same console.
Hacking pokemon is a lot easier now. All you need is a hacked 3DS, PKSM, and time to look through movelists to see what your pokemon can actually do. The worst that can happen with an illegal pokemon is that the game won't let you trade or battle with it online. Illegal moves lead to some weird animations at least. Skip 2 minutes in

In my case I would basically like to get QR codes for the event pokemon, you know, the ones that were given away and are no longer available, something that will generate itself in the game like the old MGs.

BTW, I know it is very questionable, but is charging 50 cents per gift OK just for the sake of paying the small expenses and the like? I usually give discounts when people want several MGs the same day, hell, sometimes I even tell them "bring your friends and I will just charge per distro instead of per client."

It would be questionable if you tried to pass off a legit obtained pokemon as hacked. If you're honest about it I don't see anything wrong with it.

All the post-DS pokemon games suck balls. The feeling of adventure from the first 4 generations is totally lost and it looks like its only going to get worse with each new game. I expect the Switch pokemon game to be so bad even the normalfags get sick of it.

not even gonna happen.

Cool pics. Source?

It is literally mystery gift, I don't touch the pokemon's code,it is basically as if Nintendo gave it to you.

(checked)
You're right, a lot of people will have bought a Switch just for Pokemon so they'll be in denial about dropping $300 for a shit game.

Random threads over the years, sorry user.

Did I miss anything else neat/useful they gutted from the games for absolutely no reason?

t. played Platinum in elementary school

elaborate, what was taken out? i havent really touched pokemon since diamond and pearl. well not exactly, i still love mystery dungeon.

Not to mention this game barely runs on the hardware. Gamefreak really needs to reevaluate this series

Lmfao kid

It's quite sad seeing a series improve every gen for 4 gens and then it shits the bed so hard it's underwear get's sent to China

Pokemon Go says "Hello" to you Satan.

The only good thing they managed to implement was the physical/special split. Anyone who likes games after that is an underage who never lived through the timespan when Pokemon was good.
Anyone who still plays it is just a furfag looking for fap material, or just plain retarded.

OP imagined to accidentally the English language.

I didn't say it was just those fights. Overall the difficulty is slightly higher than XY.

No HMs
Trials
Snap minigame (even if terribly implemented)
Delta Species

I have yet to play from Gen 6 onwards, what is that?

Nigger I'll take a good old gym battle over this fucking trash any day.

What was the other one with the gay lizard? You had to recognise if they were in the same pose?
Come the fuck on now.

And yet the way it was implemented was even worse. Before you had to plan out your team to actualy have HMs, it made it more of an adventure. Now you can just get pokemon appearing out of nowhere to fly you around. It's piss easy and it makes no sense in universe.

Snap Minigame doesn't work and is not fun.
Delta species is so underused it might as well not be there.

Having to tote around a Pokemon you didn't want just because it was the only convenient one for a required HM was fun to you? Fuck your fun, I'm glad Pokemon finally ditched the most outdated mechanic in the franchise.

I would've been fine if it had been replaced by something good, but what they have isn't good. You can go anywhere at any time, it favors railroading and honestly makes no fucking sense.

Why even have the need for HMs at all if you can use them all at any time? Just take out the mechanic entirely if you hate it so much.
It's dumb.

Sure I miss Gen 3 and having to carry a Pelipper and a Tropius everywhere including the fucking Victory Road.

Not saying S/M was hard at all but to compare it to the abomination that was X/Y is insulting.

Delta species was a tcg thing where pokemon get their types changed. In S/M there are regional variants of pokemon with different types.

Because the mechanic serves as a way to naturally limit where the player can go at any point in the game, with areas naturally opening up as they progress. Granted, the game has plenty of less natural blocks in place so it doesn't take full advantage of this, but the game has to be easily completable by young children who can't remember about that patch of water they saw 6 hours ago.

I don't know what you are talking about

Fatal Frame doesn't make you go somewhere, press A, and then awkwardly give all the time you want to take a stupid ass picture

But it fucking doesn't, because that's done by actual road blocks that stop you from progressing or people telling you you need to go somwhere before going that way.

Sun and Moon has 3 whole ways of blocking where you go. The only times an HM blocks your patch, as far as I've seen, you get a way to get past it as soon as you encounter it. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Apparently the next game has more post-game than Emerald or Platinum.
We know that's a lie, but we can hope.

Actually it said there was more of a change to the base game than in emerald or plat, along with twice the main story content. In terms of actual endgame content we know that you can catch various legendaries from other reagions but that's it so far.

Oh! in this case as it was with Mega Evolutions I think it was wasted potential, there doesn't seem to be any clear way to tell why the megas got choosen, in this case deltas are OKish but it still looks like an afterthought, not to mention, Alola Raichu but not Alola Pikachu and Pichu?

You can now pet Pokemon in the overworld and there's a Pikachu camp.
Looks like I'll be pirating this.

As far as I can tell, a combination of nepotism on the devs part (I like this random pokedex filler shitmon so I'm gonna give it the strongest typing in the game and an attack stat that's almost 50% higher than the big dumb legendaries on the boxart! And no one will question my decision because this game has no quality control!) and buffing what they deem to fan favourites, likely deciding that based on how much they're used on online battles which surely has nothing to do with how powerful that pokemon already is and everything with how much people love the designs.
No one gives a shit about raichu but making a change to pikachus design would be like slaughtering a sacred cow to them. Also there's no alolan exeggute or cubone even though there's exeggutor and marowak.

You won't be able to
That's the worst part

Won't be able to pirate it?
I don't know how you go about it, but it's gotten to the point of stupidly easy.

Won't be able to what, pirate it?

That too, there is Alola Ratatta but no Exeggcute, also, even with all that nepotism I kept waiting for Mega Johto starters and they never got it, hell, Megas at least should have been evenly done, a few from each generation at least, of course, there were some wishful thinking like Mega Dunsparce.

The game is coming out for Switch, how the fuck are you gonna pirate for that?
Maybe in a few years, but not now

US/UM is on 3ds. There's a mainline title for switch set to come out some time around 2018-19 but there's a high chance of piracy/emulation being a thing by then.

I actually completely forgot Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were a thing
God fuck the pokemon company

They're the Bethesda of Japan at this point

Emulation won't be, but Piracy will likely be quicker than the 3DS took due to them using lots of off-the-shelf hard/software to save money, which can all be freely accessed and fucked with.

Probably ATLUS. Shitty rehashes of the game game, while everyone buys the new game because there's shinier graphics and a new plot oh and there's a HD remaster for the same price.

Atlus at least follows the formula of the game that made them famous and doesn't butcher franchises.

They are butchering SMT though.

Nobody would know what the fuck do to with SMT, the game was surpassed in popularity by a spinoff, it lost its identity entirely
Everything else they release is fine to great though

It's true.

At least Atlus still release games. Pokémon Company/Gamefreak have sucked their own dick for so long there’s nothing coming out. I swear to Christ if they try to reference Gen 1 again I’m gonna go to Japan and firebomb the building. We get it, you used to be cool.

Good job, you have singlehandedly ensured this forced meme's success.

Oh right, I was thinking of wii u emulation that's already mostly working.

They're still butchering it, although EO is fucking great so I will give you that.

I want them to pull a BW again and only have new Pokes till post-game.

That was my favorite thing about BW. Even though a lot of Gen V Mons were direct replacements for the usual placements, I still preferred having something different. I enjoyed dealing with Roggenrolas and Woobats a lot more than dealing with Geodudes and Zubats for the fifth time.

They aren't. Animals are animals, and pokemon are pokemon.

I remember, vaguely, Pokedex entries occasionally reference real-life locations. But I don't remember if that was only early Pokemon, or if modern gens have done it as well.

Lt. Surge was the American Thunder or something, but then Unova was stated to be Pokemon América, so IDK.

Yes but Kanto is literally a region in Japan as well. At this point I would believe that all the Pokemon lands are simply different islands in an archipelago that were all settled by different countries which is why you have a PokeMerica and a PokeFrance. But it's really not something that I should think too hard about to begin with.

Never ever will we have a complete game with all that cool shit in one

I happen to be an expert on this subject. Not only do Pokedexes consistently reference animals with the Pokemon's species name, the "Indian Elephant" shit was added in FRLG, not Gen 1 proper. As for why the fuck they would add that in an era when they were partially phasing out animals is a better question. I think it's mostly that Game Freak and/or their various translation teams do not give a shit about making every tiny detail of the universe work despite that being something that would definitely help it feel better as a setting. This is the setting where in the ancient past of Sinnoh, Pokephiles were not unusual, writing wasn't invented until the Unown showed up like a millennia or two ago, and post-scarcity society is practical (or there's not enough people to deplete the existing resources given how small some settlements seem to be). Basically Pokemon is for small childrens and we should not be thinking too hard about it, but I do anyway because it's neat.

Every main Pokemon region is at least shaped like a real world location, although with different biomes. The only major exceptions are Unova, although I haven't looked at the Manhattan/Jersey a lot to be able to tell, and Orre which is debatably not a real "main" region but unless some shit happened there is no ocean in Arizona. It would not surprise me if they used to be countries before getting merged into some singular nation with a local government in the various regions, given the complete Pokedex is called the National Dex instead of the International Dex.

It's shaped enough like New York City to count.

It's a lot more squished than most other regions, if that makes any sense. I'd say it's just perspective but the in game map is very similar. You're not wrong though, I'm just saying it takes way more liberties than Hoenn's "just flip it on it's side so we can fit it on the screen".

Yes, it's definitely squished around, designed to convey the shape of Manhattan and a very loose approximation of a few landmarks. Creative liberties taken to get the idea across without being very accurate.

Is yo-kai-watch any good? I'm thinking of getting 2

I totally get you. I'm curious where the next game will be set, honestly. I'd like to see some South American region, both because I want to see Holla Forums get upset that they're "ripping off" Sage version, and to see that one Aztec/Myan/Whatever autist dump his stuff, he's always a cool guy.

I know that download times can be long, and space on your SD card might be premium, so if you don't want to download it off FreeShop immediately they do have some demos for the games. You have hacked your 3DS, right?

user I…

It's silly, but, I would be interested in a Pokemon game set in an Alaska analogue. Big ol' place, lots of space to work with, and you can drop whatever geography you want anywhere because everyone will agree that a region completely frozen over would get boring.

Alternatively, Australia. I think that's self-explanatory.

Beat it recently
Pros:
Cons:

So many glaring issues

Those silly japs and their passive aggressive retribution.

Where i said ST i meant XY hate phoneposting

Fishing was never smart.
I kinda liked Gladion, just from how tryhard he looked and acted. Hau though…

Hau was annoying and glad, always happy and cheerful and NOTHING else. Extremely lazy and one sided. Gladion was so eh, don't care for his design or his personality (sad and angry punk kid cliche), but I will admit the story between him, Lillie, and their mother was interesting.

True but they for whatever reason made it even more simple. And without a good or Super Rod it isn't fun constantly reeling in magickarp.

While changing biomes to be more varied is not something new to Pokemon, they do tend to stick to a general theme usually, and Alaska probably wouldn't work out. Australia would be great though, definitely a lot of stuff to work with there. Also, for future version exclusives, I think it would be amusing to have a fucking asshole dolphin Pokemon (definitely part dark type) and a cute shark Pokemon, like a whale shark that accidentally swallows people but spits them right back out, a dog shark that's especially dog like, I dunno. You know, because in real life dolphins are assholes who will rape you to death for fun, and sharks are cute unless you're bleeding and/or a sea lion.

Wouldn't that be an attempt at balancing the game? Limiting certain moves is balancing, right? I'm terrible at battling so I wouldn't know.
Unless you count Ultra Beasts, which is arguable and I understand why you would but I don't, there's a surprisingly small amount of them in this game. 4 and 5 were the peak and 6 seemed to scale back a bit.
I love the idea that there's some insane fucked up shit out there, but that's really just my aesthetic preferences honestly. I could say similar things about how most of the regular Pokemon were okay too, but I don't have anything specific to say and no real strong opinions on them.

It's fun to pick the most dickish option every time you talk to Hau. He's like a retarded puppy and you need to hit him with a newspaper.

I am counting ultrabeasts, from my understanding they almost all generally have great stats like other legendaries. I do like so.e of their designs though.
No, first of all you are making it harder for people who play the game legitimately to finish movesets, while people who hack to skip the grinding (can't blame them) are able. So you unless you have pokebank or the Pokemon naturally knows it, good luck getting it. Plus there are Pokemon who have movesets to deal with entry hazards

Ultra Beasts separate themselves from standard legendaries (and most other Pokemon actually) by having very lopsided stats. At least that's what I remember. As for the moveset point, I think this goes back to when people bitched that Flareon has no moves. Guess what, some Pokemon just don't get those moves, deal with it. Movesets and TMs change all the time, just because you think the move is important doesn't change the fact that they made the conscious decision to change it. You know how lazy GF can get with removing items.

Yeah, Hau was way too happy. Maybe I'm just too cynical but a guy who is that cheerful and mellow about everything grates on me. Gladion at least amused me with his posing and his admittedly cool theme songs.

As for fishing, at least the bubbles indicated where to fish for higher chances of rarer Mons. Not that it was that great because they had very slow respawn times so it was tough to grind, and some Mons were exclusive to the bubbly spots.

The best thing about PokeAustralia would be that they could put the Pokemon League on PokeTasmania.

All their base stats along with the levels they learn moves at are all prime numbers. Lunala, sogaleo and necrozma are also ultra beasts by this metric.

I know it's a separate canon, but the anime has explicitly referred to Solgaleo and Lunala as Ultra Beasts.

That's because they are in game too.

Then why aren't the Beast Balls that effective against them and Necrozma? They have to be something slightly different, if blatantly related to Ultra Space.

Lusamine literally did nothing wrong.

I miss rivals like Silver and Blue that were legit dicks.

Because gamefreak is stupid.

Me too. When I hear "rival," I do not imagine "your best friend." I want an opponent I can take seriously, someone I actually want to beat. Blue was a cocky jerk and Silver was a haughty dick. Gladion is merely standoffish but I was glad to have someone with a bit of edge to them after four generations of beating up friendly pillows.

The problem with characters like this is they fall apart when the game fails to make them challenging and they do nothing but talk shit and job constantly. They're a lot harder to talk seriously than a character who never tries to be good and sucks.

That's a good point.

What if the rival was a dick, and was overleveled for pretty much every encounter, but beating him was optional. It would be a much more difficult fight than the others at that part of the game and you would be rewarded if you did manage a win, but you would be allowed to progress after a bit of shit-talk even if you failed.

That is a problem with anime rival archetypes in general, they almost never actually outshine the protagonist in spite of their efforts. Still, even if it makes them look like a clown after I pound them a dozen times, I would prefer someone who is actually confrontational and/or antagonistic, rather than these "let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya" types.

Reminder that Silvally is legendary. And Type:Null isnt.

Pokeyman fan since day1. X Y were too easy Ruby was a shadow.i skipped sun n moon. Ultra hasnt changed my mind so ill skip that too hopefully the switch can switch those games games enough so the next one's ill actually give a try

I've always hated this line of reasoning. In order to do that you have to intentionally skip tackling other gyms you come across that you're more than likely capable of taking on right at that moment. And when you DO come back to defeat that gym, you'll no doubt steamroll it because your Pokemon are much higher leveled than theirs.

Wewlad

Well it helps when the AI will constantly spam Agility when fighting against a poison type, or when Bind exists.

Is your friend DSP?

Sneaky Pebbles have been a move tutor move since Gen V.
They incorporated it into Pokebank, mainly because completeing it over and over every game is a fucking waste of time.
300 out of 802 is still pretty sizeable.
If UBs aren't considered legends (and they really don't seem to be), there were only 11 new legendaries (Cosmog and evos, Tapus, Type: Null and Silvally apparently) and two mythicals. (Gear Waifu and Literal Shadowboxer) That's nothing compared to Gen V.
Fuck you Guzzlord is cool.
Leftovers can be easily found on wild Munchlax. As for stuff like assault vest, Pokebank gives you tons of points by just playing the game, which can be redeems as BP, making battle facilities pretty much worthless. But even then 48 BP isn't too bad if you're gud. Or just cheese it with Durant.
SOS battles with power items, my dude. You get around 18 EVs per mon knocked out in an SOS battle while holding a power item, and it takes about 14 KOs to max out a stat.
How is this a bad thing? You'll always want to use the Super Rod anyways because that one nets you the good shit as opposed to 100% chance of Magicarp.
Have you ever fished in Gens I and II? You literally just have to use it and wait until you either fail or catch something. If anything they've made it MORE complicated in succeeding generations.