Vidya Battle Music Thread

What do you usually prefer in your battle music? Something blood pumping, subtle, or calm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0txfXNOz3O4
youtu.be/VNh7uH-j3D0?list=PLL1K6l8lhh6tcgnILX0n9mVnVjXV5ntWZ
youtu.be/PQEFQM8Br1w?list=PLL1K6l8lhh6tcgnILX0n9mVnVjXV5ntWZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=0txfXNOz3O4
Song actually starts at a minute and 7 seconds.

Gives me some Godhand vibes.

Cannot be boring, so more on blood pumping side I suppose.

no need to be edgy. can be calm

I have no idea why you would prefer a calm battle theme unless the only thing you ever play is lazy turn-based shit.

Winner coming through

Something like this is good too.

Most turn based games usually don't have calm battle music. I love the calm version of Amatsumagatsuchi theme from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. It really compliments the monster's design.

Yeah, that's the good shit.
And to answer OP, blood pumping, always.

This is top tier. The only thing that can come close is the final battle music being a remix of the main theme or a remix of a song from a previous game.

Wish this remix was in the actual game.

this is great

Seems like something that would work really well in a Tactical RPG. Still a great theme.

Why is dungeon crawling music always so good?

Blood pumping a best.

What other games change the tone of the battle theme on the fly besides Skies of Arcadia.

You motherfucking patrician, I came here to post this too

Reminds me how Muramasa and Fire Emblem Awakening have a field and battle version of most of their songs and they smoothly transition into each other as you go in and out of battle.

With class

The Last Remnant

Game is shit, but it had some good boss music.

If you're going to post Koshiro, post FM. Also, Youtube is for gays.

One of my favorite battle themes but I've listened to it to death. Surprisingly, the Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 soundtrack was never uploaded to Youtube. However I got the soundtrack and ripped a near lossless .wav version if anyone wants it. I think it has the best arranged version of the Sixth Stratum in EO1. Or an Egyptian version of the shrine from EO3.

I actually liked that game, the only complaint I have is that, like with other DS games, it had some gimmicky things to draw. I remember the 'magnifying glass' being a repeat offender but it was also the one that got the most use in puzzles if I do remember correctly. Still a bitchin' soundtrack.

Something that really puts you excited, even if the battle is piss easy, you know, something that puts you in the right mood to fight.

I can't wait for 5 to come out this year.

Usualy dont like "epic" ost but this shit is an exception

My nigger.

One game on fagbox that I really want to play, but I don't want to buy a console for 1 game :^(

Rarely do I find something I like in these threads. But themes like these make it worth it.

what kind of shit taste do you have

Motoi Sakuraba in his early 7th gen period. I like his use of brass.

While both games had issues, the music was great.
The first one's battle and boss themes felt hopeful,
While the sequel was more panicked and horror-like.

This
Should happen more often. Or that fancy technique where you have different remixes of the same track, and it just fades between them based on what happens.

LATIN
CHOIR

You are now entering… ==THE ALTAR OF SKORNE==
This boss fight gets me pumped every single time. It gets even better the second time you fight him because the WOUND you inflict on HIM in the first fight becomes his greatest weapon against you in the second fight. Fuck all these pussy ass pushover demons you see in shit now-a-days, Skorne would have them for lunch.

as long as its fun, i suppose it depends on the overall setting of the game. for example touhou often has some elegance to it that really invokes the feeling of cute girls shooting colorful bullets at eachother.

Prelude to the Lacour tournament of arms. This is the theme that plays in the arena up until you fight someone. Then it's just the regular battle music.

it's a real "two man enter, one man leave" kind of theme. People keen on sports would probably liken it to football intros and such.

youtu.be/VNh7uH-j3D0?list=PLL1K6l8lhh6tcgnILX0n9mVnVjXV5ntWZ

If ear rape is more your thing there's also this.

youtu.be/PQEFQM8Br1w?list=PLL1K6l8lhh6tcgnILX0n9mVnVjXV5ntWZ

Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for , but each battle theme in the PS2 Shadow Hearts games gets replaced by a "madness" track if a character in the party reaches zero sanity, and lasts until either the end of battle or until you use an item/skill to restore some sanity to them. While in Covenant and From the New World they are warped and distorted versions of the standard themes, in SH1 they are original tracks.

How is infinite Undiscovery anyhow?

Anything up-tempo.

cowbell

AW DUDE YES.

This is the best music to hack dragons to.

I just wish Legends/Dark Legacy's bosses, including Skorne, were better in general. If all the fights could be as interesting as the Lich that would be great, but it seems like in both Legends and Dark Legacy they put some thought thought into earlier bosses while everything else is basically a contest of who can dish out damage faster because boss attacks are so cheap.

I also have no idea why the fuck this game has music this good.

Mark needs to start mandating that these thread are webm's only or at least limit these cancerous things to one thread at a time. Or maybe codemonkey can allow for mp3 embeds.

no

That's pretty good. I need to finish up IV soon so I can start on V.
The fact that this track is used only on Krieg and no other boss fight makes me somewhat upset. They could at least give it to other major bosses like Cronley, Amalgamation etc.

fucking monkeyhands ate my embed

Nice choice.

no

forgot to embed.

I've never played it, by most accounts it's mediocre to bad.

I said post FM.

Probably my favorite posted so far

I like Boss battles to have more of a "grandiose" feeling.

FM IS TRASH
AND SO ARE YOU

you're the only one who doesn't fit in if you think most people give a flying fuck about webming a video that's not monetized the original uploader shilling their shit.

Yeah it is a bit of a let down how the late game becomes a glorified slugfest, still a bit challenging however as long as you're not some over leveled god. It's very satisfying playing a squishy jester and having to try to dodge as many attacks of you can while plinking to death a giant fucking dragon or some shit. That being said however i usually either played a red mintotaur, green/red warrior, or green wizard.

We don't need to coddle the retards, we need to set a standard.

E P I C
E P I C
E P I C
E P I C
E P I C
E P I C
E P I C

Also music.

SB was a mistake and Soken might as not even work for that game anymore.

>

And now for something completely different.

gay

Not as gay as Holla Forums.

not an argument

It wasn't an argument, it was a basic observation.

not an argument

Might as well filter your low effort b8.

Few games have match the awesomeness of the moment this plays for the first time in-game.

The phrase "not an argument" should be fucking filtered.

I just used the tools on the site to filter any retard that uses that phrase now. Anyone that is legitimate in asking for an argument would not resort to spouting a reddit meme.

samefagging is not an argument

I'LL LET YOU GO OUT IN STYLE-YLE-YLE

Depends on the type of enemy being fought, or the character being used, and how it fits in the context. Radiant Dawn does it pretty damn well

Do you have an argument to support it?

I like the version with the long build up. Seamless in game, from cutscene to fight.

Disappointing one strategy babby dungeon crawler but damn if the music and art aren't good.

My brother of cthonian descent

BENIHANA HEEEEEYYYY

I didn't expect this game to have such a nice soundtrack.

I prefer it to be fucking amazing

Those games give you so many broken tools it's hilarious. But I love how the game lets you use this nonsense on everyone.

Yeah Cladun has some great music. Which reminds me, I have yet to check out the soundtrack for the third game.

I didn't even realize I didn't have the R-type soundtracks. Thanks for reminding me.

Cladun 2's soundtrack is complete garbage compared to the first.

Some didn't enjoy the IA music in Demon Gaze but I found it really enjoyable. This boss theme always got me pumped. The final boss theme is great too because it combines nearly all the battle themes into one while the final boss summons other bosses you've beaten over time.

The art was a breath of fresh air from most of the JP games I play. I hope that guy does more work for other dungeon crawlers.

It isn't even on the same level that's for sure.

It's reminiscent of the kind of art you see in Korean MMOs. Does the guy work on those types of games?

a game needs variety in its battle themes. This one has 13 different battle themes, you're bound to love some of them. Personally I like the hectic ones.

Theres a new theme in SJR and its for the new donut steel waifu. Its not half bad though.

I thought you were talking about MHW for a second, I was going to bully you.

Kill yourself.

Of course not. I'm definitely importing EDF5 later this year though.

I know nothing about KISS or listen to them but what makes them jewish?

>>>/telaviv/

Do you even know anything about (((Simmons)))?

Then what about (((Geddy Lee)))? Though I suppose both are about equal as kikes.

>>>/telaviv/

Do you even know anything about (((Simmons)))

The most chill Sagat theme.

Good shit.

Mari menyusun seroja bunga seroja

hop off that shit right the fuck now, geddy lee is god.

actually I'm 90% sure he's non-religious because his parents were imposingly jewish