JanusVR

If anyone remembers this thing I've been working on the wiki page and had to remove a bunch of stuff since vrsites has died. The mall still exists as well but again most shit has vanished.

It's a VR engine (which can be used without a headset) which basically renders everything using html(xml) tags. It lets you browse the web and shitpost together as well as create 3d spaces to explore relatively easily. There is also a ton of existing 3d stuff to explore around the web. If anyone is interested in the novelty you can download JanusVR and visit the wiki page.
usagii.net/wikiverse/Infinity_Chan_(Mature)_(Metaverse)

I'm looking for some more images to fill up the gallery, more 3d models to stick around the place would be nice if anyone has some interesting .obj files lying around. Anyone can edit the wiki page and add shit to the space as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

spyduck.net/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks gay

I'm sure there is a whole load of gay vr sites just for you user.

It sounds pretty stupid and looks dead as fuck.

pretty much
was hoping I'd catch some of the anons who originally started the wiki but chances are they've died of old age. Last thread on this was a year ago.

Let me know when there is VR /bane/posting.

Someone left this avatar in the mall if it counts

But can anons recreate Nolan's Masterpiece yet?

If you want to find a 3d model of the plane and setup a room for it. Pretty sure the voicechat works.

That's cool, but does it have lolis?

Wow! would you look at that, a reason not to play this!

Someone already setup a link to /loli/ in the room but I should probably delete it.

Might as well setup one to /guro/, /scat/ and /fur/ while you are at it faggot enabler.

Now this is fucking podracing.

Hey you can edit the wiki page and add them yourself if you want them that badly.

desperation bump

I wanted to play Janus back in the day but I couldn't get it to work because it doesn't work on Vista, but I have 7 now so I could probably get it to work someday. It looks cool since I love Worlds.com for the ability to explore alternate worlds that are all surreal and trippy and shit, and even Second Life had something to offer in terms of exploration; it just offered a bit of social observation in place of weird worlds. Most worlds in SL were RP beach resorts or towns or just things that were "luxurious" for people to feel rich in, but it made up for it in terms of the atmosphere of seeing these hollow (usually abandoned) 3d resorts and seeing the occasional social circle as you roam the world and see furfags and faggots being autistic and doing really gay shit. There was something special to SL back when I played it, but I prefer Worlds because it's fucking Worlds and it's damn special to me.

So yeah, JanusVR looks pretty damn up my alley from the looks of it. I dig virtual worlds like this.

spyduck.net/index.html
Seems pretty good for not broken sites to explore.
Also the web version is functional but it seems to slightly break most sites built for the downloadable version, you can't just pass through the entrances between rooms either.

Won't mind don't another group those where fun.

Died of old age? What were they working on VRML for christ sakes?

Why did this get abandoned anyway? I was stuck on a shitty laptop when things were active. Surprised some of the gmod anons didn't keep it going or something.

I'm honestly going to look at starting up another gmod server when I'm done with uni for the year.
only downside will be it's running from Australia
It was abandoned probably because other tools make it easier and quicker to do the same things. The in engine editing is pretty finicky and you still have to go into the doc to add new assets. I'll probably keep tinkering on new things and add them to the room over time.

but user, JanusVR isn't something you play
that's like saying you wanted to play internet explorer or google chrome

I know this is kinda of obvious question but are these lolis people? I mean, that's pretty good "acting".

It was abandoned because nobody has a VR headset, and using a normal 2D browser is more effective for actually consuming a website's content or typing your own. I'm not sure what the point of Janus was even supposed to be. GITS-style chat rooms?

If you choose to use your avatar as a loli then yeah, Just won't be as feature-filled than your webm related i think.

He makes some nice-looking rooms with nice GLSL effects. I know there used to be a room which the skybox was one entire glsl effect which looked pretty cool although not made by spyduck

Holy shit, did that guy fuck up JanusVR.

At least the Torii I modeled is still up.

>It's true that I killed my Mentor and yet, I am not his murderer

yes, don't know how far that user came in recreating the dream sequence though

did you update? assuming yes also I turned off download caching cause otherwise I run out of ram.

I say "play" in the same way that I'd "play" or rather explore and soak in things like Yume Nikki and Worlds; it's gamey enough for me to feel comfortable saying play but at the same time I don't entirely mean I'm going to sit down and play it like an actual game. You're right though, JanusVR seems more like some futuristic web browser; not that that's a bad thing at all.

If by people you mean some greasy manchild with a furious hard-on then yesn

bump

I recognize that skull. Damn, it's been a long time.