ITT: Fun with exploiting bullshit and imbalance

After suddenly getting my hands on Duodecim, I went back to finally finish the original Dissidia also because I hate how much longer it takes to fill the EX Gauge and I couldn't help but notice.

>some accessories accumulate EX Force even much faster, both from gathering it normally and getting EX Cores and equipping merely one can almost always fill it halfway, enabling literal super mode and attack power draining ultimate spamming

With these 2 oversights in a lovingly made and well mechanically designed game that did not require any outside help or half a press fuckery, I began hilariously ripping apart enemies I would otherwise take forever to scrape with my equipment and stats even around the same levels. I now fully understand and accept why both these things were changed long after, yet the joy is still there to go back to whenever I feel like.

What are they for you?

Divinity OS 1 and 2 are games where you literally do just that whole game.

The Elder Scrolls, as it's the fundamentals of the Design philosophies that made D&D 3.5 fun adapted to a broken but still fun system/game engine/awful piece of shit/road trip

Tales of Maj'eyal, which has the most broken Berserker class imaginable where your Effectively character level is always enough to beat enemies 20+ levels above you because of HOW FAST you can regenerate health, generate rage limitlessly, and then, when you've accumulated enough infusions and free non-magical powers by saving NPCs, join the Anit-magic squad and become a true warrior of Khorne, killing off legendary spellcasters and masters of the Arcane, ignoring every spell they throw at you from any given school.

The effective difference, is essentially Chad V Virgin, everything is just you winning in spite of the odds because every assest of your buils is so simple yet complex in that each on of your abilities feeds into one other in a limitless infinity flux that simply renders you unto Daemonhood.

Basically any C well designed RPG

Actually, the above applies for most scenarios granted for RPGs-

There's also going your own way to trigger quests to get items in a sequential order to gain the biggest amount of power in the shortest amount of time to trivialize encounters to the point where you get a laugh out of feeling like you're in an Isekai.

Literally Morrowind. In particular, knowing where things are located, but also crafting is obscenely broken.

You can get ridiculous potions from alchemy that turn your (at most 100) stats into like 4,260,000 and just steamroll a town by looking at it. You can also make effects permanent by means of the Soul Trap glitch.

Even without cheating or abusing bugs, Enchanting is a long term gamebreak, it's just so powerful for what it does.

And you don't want to use anything? It's still a perfectly serviceable experience.

also you can get 100 alchemy within 15 or so minutes of starting the game.

You can get any skill that high

Speaking of Acrobatics

I jumped westward, flew over the west coast of the island, and never game back down after 15 minutes.

Resource crawlers in SMAC. You can actually break the gauge if you abuse them hard enough.
Since they don't require support you can assign any number to a city and dump them on otherwise useless sea tiles to yield 3 energy each. This in turn makes all the wonders that give energy/research bonuses to one city OP as shit, as the rest of the cities in your faction become a footnote in your energy budget. IIRC you can't research more than one tech per turn, so the surplus energy can be dumped on buying wonders same turn you research them.

Good times….good times…

When did they nerf it?

I was also garbage at that game and still died lots with it.

A long while ago. I think they nerfed it in the Gun Mettle update but I could be wrong.

What unit's broken from Advance Wars?

This happens every single time, modded or not.

fast forward a few years

Different people have different times for when TF2 became cancer. For me it will always be the spy vs sniper update. I just regret not getting Thief around this time as it would have actually ran on my shittop and I would've built memories with that game instead of hat fortress.

They made it better

I had a lot of fun in stalker with stacking a stupid amount of speed boosts and skipping across the zone like a Russian Sanic with an assault rifle

I had fun with Bioshock Infinite because of how little the devs cared about weapon/gear balance.

The base ability is OP because literally all but a handful of individual enemies in the game will be stunned by it, but it gets better.
Anyone who complains about that game being hard is a fool. I played on hard mode and the entire game was a cakewalk because every single group of enemies had a decent chance to return more resources than they took to kill.

Demon's Souls. Hyper mode plus all those ways to buff yourself.
DBS, meat cleaver kilij, compound long bow, spells, 2nd chance

THE BEST

I really disliked the changes they made in Duodecim, the original is so much better. Posting some Multiplayer footage for the hell of it. Good times.

Stacking 4x effect high-damage buff mutagens in Witcher 2 will always be the most hilariously broken thing ever.
It essentially turns the entire game into a massive scripted sequence.

Yeah if you can get past the bugs and the crashes.

What? I enjoy the first for everything it was on a single portable game, but Duodecim clearly made improvements all around with the new Assist mechanic, fixing the skills and area for story mode and plenty of fun new characters and stages.

Got any Firion clips?

They nerfed it VERY shortly after it came out. When the item was first introduced it was basically invulnerability. If I recall correctly you basically just decloaked as soon as it activated and still had enough charge to do it again and again, meanwhile it blocked like 90% damage.

There was also a bug in that same patch where you could kill taunt from stealth, which was especially effective for kill taunting turrets (and remember, this is the same patch the Cloak and Dagger came from for unlimited stealth). Also the ambassador could shoot through the starting gate, because damned if they aren't going to break EVERYTHING in one go.

I know some fun Kingdom Hearts shit.
Organizing your deck in Re:Chain of Memories so that you can play Sonic Blades in infinity and finish every deck with an Ars Arcanum makes every boss in the game die within 2 minutes.
There's also the Terra stunlock where removing every combo plus and wielding Fenrir will allow you a single air strike when jumping. Just so happens this single blade will stun Terra, making the fight ridicoulusly easy. You just jump and swing, jump and swing, making sure to keep him on a track where he doesn't get stuck on terrain so he can't retaliate.

Birth By Sleep is somewhat related to this thread since you can gloriously make Sonic Blade, Curaga and whatever other high level Commands as early as the literal second world as long as you have too memory and plenty of time to rip apart the largest room over and over again.

Really, it's just a game with a lot of flaws, but still enjoyable and satisfyingly nearly limitless in movesets and by extension playstyles you can make at its core.

I'd second or third morrowind.

Not exactly broken but easily the most useful in days of ruin would be mech spamming. There are no odds that you cannot beat if its against AI with a healthy dose of +30 mechs on the map

I kind of did that to finally win Sunrise after all not being able to for the entirety of my early and late adolescence. If a war of attrition is that hellish in a video game, I don't even want to imagine it as a 3Dshit world commander who loves their men. At least MC can finally pump his young adolescent clone waifu with all the hopu they both could ever need.

The "hahaha take 5 damage to almost 8 of your defending units as War Tanks and Dusters surround them, faggot" RNG of those mortars alone makes that mission bullshit. I really fucking hate those mortars.

Nah, Duodecim was lame.

Nope sorry.

I'm going to be civil and say that isn't a fact.

I didn't like the changes they made to the campaign structure, and I hated the nerfing of the mid-air duel thing that I forget what it's properly called. Your opinions can be different, that's fine.

Chase. The first Dissidia is definitely more fun to just jump into if you've never played it, but that doesn't make the sequel much worse.

The sequel at best was an overpriced DLC pack with a bunch of nerfs and one or two new attacks for returning characters, I'm still salty over the buyer's remorse.

The new stages, music and alt costumes alone are enough for me to be fully satisfied.

Feral Chaos seals the deal.

Tales of Phantasia PSX comes to mind.
Made the Morlia Gallery a lot more bearable to clear.

any exploit found is usually hard to pull off, doesn't make you deal loads of damage (except maybe a DT distorted Beowulf just uppercut if) and usually looks flashy as fuck

Heavy Great Mace in DSIII destroys everything. Two hits max and you're staggering enemies and bosses like nothing.

How worth playing is III as a video game?

I remember watching something about that.

FF8's junction system was so easily broken. The level scaling of every enemy made it so you could stay at level 7 and draw magic until you maxed out your stats while everything else is stuck at level 7 and you're unstoppable.

That doesn't make any sense.

Only if you don't have a technical ring equipped to access Manual mode (and thus stuck with auto or semi-auto), leading to the early parts of the game not being all that fun in combat until the first ring shows up. Part of why PP's English patch came with a hacked in Technical Ring.

A more detailed explanation:
In Final Fantasy 8, you could not equip weapons and armor. Instead, you equipped spells. Each party member had their own personal inventory where they could have up to 100 copies of any given spell, and those spells could be equipped directly to their stats. For example, you could equip a spell to your Strength stat to raise it by 1 for every 10 copies of a spell, or to your HP for 5 HP per copy, and so on like that. Naturally, some spells have a greater effect when equipped to certain stats, and the more powerful spells have stronger effects on your stats than the weaker spells.
Final Fantasy 8 also had a standard leveling system, from 1 to 100, for each party member. Enemies, however, would have their own level (and thus stats and spell selection) adjusted based on your party's average level. So if you spent a lot of time grinding, the same enemies you fought two hours ago would be much stronger and have much stronger spells to boot.
Finally, FF8 had a mechanic that allowed you to stock spells that enemy monsters were carrying. This was the primary method of gaining copies of spells, though there were other methods that could be much more lucrative.
The end result of this system: If you wanted to break the game, you would deliberately avoid leveling up while using any means available to stock your party with as much high level magic as possible. By the end of the game it was entirely possible to have your party fully equipped with the best magic in the game while fighting the final boss at level 7 or so, and the final boss would be level 7 and thus easily dispatched even without all that magic.

That sounds very unnecessarily complicated just for the sake of trying something different.

Also hypothetically nice as far as the enemy scaling until it let's make the bosses less than fucking LV 10.

If I'm feeling retarded and a game allows it, I will absolutely stack as many reflect damage items as possible to entertain myself or speed through a stretch of game that's a big ol' grind.

It sounds like it, but it's actually ridiculously easy to pull off. The game's summoned monsters, called "Guardian Forces", can also be equipped like spells. They gain EXP like normal party members, along with learning new abilities. The first GF you get can give your party the "Card" ability, which has a chance of transforming any enemy in the game other than bosses into a playing card. The chance is directly proportional to how much health the target has lost, and is more or less guaranteed to work if the target is at less than 30% health or so.
Defeating enemies this way doesn't award any EXP, but it does give GFs the points they need to develop further skills.
Another GF you get fairly early in the game can unlock a passive trait that, when equipped, reduces the random encounter chance to 0%.
The game gives you an absurd degree of control over its systems like that. Some attacks even let you level enemies up or down in the middle of combat, changing their stats and spell list.

How to make a girl fall in love with you in 1 day

FUN TIMES AHEAD

Was Edens devour and tonberrys level altering that useful?

She looks cute.

To be honest TF2's weaponswitch glitch was the funniest shit because some players got genuinely scared of Heavy spinning his minigun on his shoulders. Also probably the most fun I had with the game was abusing the Meet the Medic taunt off of staircases to farm pigeon + lighting particles that would stay in place and crash the game for half the server with impunity.
SvS release Ambassador was the most OP weapon in the game and kept being like that for quite a while. Even just Revolver spam was good enough to keep yourself alive unless the enemy brought competent Heavies or Soldiers.

How does that work?

owning pets and actually caring about them is a sure sign someone is a good person

Only downside is the AI is too retarded to respond properly. It would be neat to have seen a follow-up where the AI freaks out as their buddies go down like in the Arkham series.

Remember when enhance shamans could use spellpower as attack power so we'd ninja all the caster weapons? haha, me neither, who plays wow.

When playing AoE 2 in Arena, my friends and I would retreat to one base and dig into the back, then make long tunnels against the side of the map for trade routes to gain a ton of gold. Because it's also arena we'd get a shit ton of wood and food as well.

Woah there buddy, you're posting way too fast around here. I'm gonna need you to slow down and explain before I give you a ticket for public disturbance.

The level one would be very useful if you could get it very early on when you get it wyou can already get most of the spells some other way
Devour is just straight stat boosts if you eat some enemies (the really fucking annoying ones) so it can help but it's insanely time consuming, although there are worse use of your time if you're looking for OPness.

Dante has some OP moves but they need some skill to pull off, Vergil is just Completely broken if you a competent player.

Was it something like this webm

Vergil makes everything fun

Regardless, most people didn't play it with me for terribly long.

True dat

I remember doing this exploit a couple of times.

Yeah, and why did Vergil fuck Nero's mother?

Also, how do you fucking stop that bullshit Sanctus does at the end of the fight? I couldn't counter or Devil Bringer it, so I eventually just came up with the clever idea to combo him at about half health then quickly chain into it with Devil Trigger to finish him off after embarassingly more than 10 deaths to it.

Nobody knows. Seriously it has got to be the biggest unanswered question in the entirety of DMC, Like what kind of woman was Nero's mom that she got freaking Vergil to bang her?

Sanctus's final move seems to be a bit diffrent in DMC4SE when compaired to normal DMC4. I remeber being able to Devil Bringer it on his first charge, But in DMC4SE countering his move seems to only work after you dodge it once.
That's why I jumped over him in the webm. Maybe you can counter him on the first attack but i haven't tested it out enough.

It probably reminded him of his mom or something, for all his edge Vergil really did love his mom.

The Reaper is also an optional super boss in Persona 3 as well with a completely different strategy to cheese through.

That sounds Oedipal as fuck.

If you had a good mother, your obviously going to look for a woman with similar traits to your mother, because you want a good mother for your children. That's the underlaying motive, the "you just want to fuck your mom", is a kike subversion.

I know, it's just a timeless joke that Japan's entertainment industries love to really fuck with men by using.

What about Persona 4?

He wasn't in vanilla. In Golden he shows up but there's nothing special about him and he's pretty easy. His level changes depending on the dungeon you fight him in since what you need to do to trigger him showing up is just open 20 chests in a given area.

I was talking about general.

What?

nobody's even mentioned the card game yet.

In Divinity Original Sin 2 if you keep the Idol of Rebirth in the backpack it doesn't get spent and you're basically immortal.

I was wondering about exploitability and secret content in general in Persona.

There was the super boss Margaret who was a cunt butt I don't know any cheese strategies for her.

Pic related.

This is why the brawler is the strongest class in that game period. This is the strategy used to achieve the fastest times when speedrunning the game.

Also fun:
The priestess is the best user of the chest period. All 3 buffs together outclass any other trinket you could equip.

Also "fun"
Too bad morph meleeing does shit damage.

Persona 3 Portable has a Persona you can get early on named Tam-Lin, who has no weaknesses but several resistances and learns several strong moves via consumable skill cards.

If you take that as your Persona and use all the stat boosting items on it and go to the arcade to boost your stats every now and then, you can have 99 in every stat barely halfway into the game.

Also I know it's probably forbidden but this fits the thread pretty well.

Stop shilling your shit on Holla Forums, faggot.

Garrysmod. Not the game itself, but all the user mods were exploitable as fuck. Half of the changes and fixes in RPG, Stranded, and Trouble in Terrorist Town must be because of me. At least on the servers where i didn't grief the entire userbase away.

except it isn't broken
spread at point range does the most damage

Everyone's seen this, retard.

genuinely curious as to why a bloke with 5 million views would shill his video on 8ch Holla Forums of all places

it's such an obvious exploit, even bethesda must have known about it. I bet they just left it in because it's too much fun to patch out

So how fun are those funny looking armors that apparently spammed acrobatics?

Not anymore since the enhanced edition

Fucking classic. OnlyAfro seems like he have browsed Holla Forums anyways. He's got the trap memes, the shitposting, the disrespect and the triggering down. Apparently the entire Dark Souls community minus his fans hates him for "hurr muh toxicity".

then again in Duodecim you can do this.

The first major villain in Final Fantasy history, after being reimagined as a blazing beast of battle and spirit, unimpressed and playing Whack-A-Mole with his raging LV 100 god ascension meant to be dreaded and overpowered is one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen in video games.

Storytime.

8ch is finally getting the same boogeyman retardation as 4chan before it died, but we have experience and control to actually drive off the worst shit. And we have moderation that's apart of and understands our actual fucking community, which I knew was the perfect recipe for it.