Things you miss in games

Nowadays it’s the ACR the replaced XM8 in games. I miss the fish rifle. It’s so goofy looking in a good way.
ghostrecon.wikia.com/wiki/XM8

imfdb.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_XM8

Is this the designated /k/ thread?

I wish STALKER got more well made fan comics like this. The only ones you can find are shit meme ones

Proper character movement and control, fun with physics and the enviroment. Shit like Mario 64, Gurumin or Shadow of the Colossus or even Gravity Rush somewhat.
Is it so hard for modern devs to make a game that is fun to control?

inb4 the ultimate and inevitable truth that is, more variety and genuine content and story with characters to boot - not just cheap renditions and knockoffs of classics or stereotypes masked by the fantasy/space genre that people think (aside from maybe FPS's) compliments the advanced graphics.

Bring back the innocence at least. I miss being able to know what games were out there, now it's a flooded market with the same shit over and over again made by the most independents of independents and being passed off as the next greatest thing since Halo and Super Mario.

I fucking hate the movement and physics in RDR and the newer GTA games. Everything feels so weighted down and it's so damn awkward to control.

I really miss proper health systems in games. Having to manage your health with pick ups or inventory items makes a game much more intense and satisfying.

Fucking hate how Rockstar managed to kill fun character movement with GTA IV and everyone copied them.

I have never seen a game with combat similar to PE at all and it is a damn shame because I feel like it has alot of potential

Go play Vagrant Story.

Earnable, unlockable, and otherwise discoverable cheat codes and silly game modes. Being able to break a game in half, make it far sillier, or allowing you to find out exactly why some parts of the game are as they are. Notable mentions include Goldeneye, the classic Tony Hawk series, old-school strategy games, and internally-modifiable gameplay modes.

Now there's barely any pre-developed cheats in games, and if they are they're often behind a paywall or are simple infinite ammo/supplies/money/health cheats rather than physics modification or gameplay mechanic tweaks. For most games you have to mod them or use a memory editor like Cheat Engine, and it's just not the same.

I miss fun

The only thing remotely close to that is Fallout 3

I miss when additional content came in an expansion back much later.

Theres a few translations floating around of this, this is alright, some are trash.

Yes.

Vagrant Story

This has to be satire.

That's because in those games the momentum can never be utilized for anything, like maybe sliding while shooting or doing quick dives backwards. It's just there to make aiming more awkward.

I miss the gritty industrial look of scifi settings, can't stand all this shiny smooth shit. Give me exposed piping and rust.

Ga terug naar je eigen land allochtoon.

/k/ please go. Logical people back gun control

Pls, every civilized country in the world already have common sense gun laws, only americans are retarded enough to have their laws in the current shape

REMINDER THAT THE DOOM MOVIE PREDICTED THE FUTURE

I miss when games weren't terrible garbage made by terrible people.

what?

The repetitive lines and weird behavior remind me of NPCs.

I don't see what is common sense about denying people the ability to effectively defend themselves.

This, but my specific preference are games with movement like Tribes. Games with wide-open spaces; I don't care if the land is mostly empty as long as the terrain is hilly and somewhat pretty, and of course most importantly you need to be able to traverse it quickly and in a fun way. Breath of the Wild might have pulled this one out if they integrated shield sliding, gliding and some sort of high-jump/jetpack mechanic smoothly. Then you can don your shades, put on some Trashmen and surf like it's 1960. Sorry for the shit music in the embed.

(checked)
What happened Holla Forums?
What did he do?

Nothing that your standard brainwashed celebrity mouthpiece hasn't done, I just really hate that movie because Doom is what got me into video games, and they turned it into a really shitty Resident Evil knock off. So I hate The Rock by association.

Complex fusions and merges of monsters.

What they are even screaming?

The way they keep spouting "battle-buddy" is extremely weird and forced.

Remember those are amurrican nogs, so on average 15-25% white. They just don't know how to do like the african do.

(Checked)
Is it bad that I know the movie is nowhere close to Doom but otherwise I enjoy it?

No it didn’t. U.S military never adopted the G36 or Xam8

I don't really see why you'd enjoy it, but suit yourself. There were a couple of OK scenes, I guess. The entire movie was cheapened by the fact that they weren't fighting anything really dangerous except for Hell Knights who forgot how to throw fireballs. Really, I don't know why you'd watch this movie when you could watch Resident Evil. At least they have "That muhfugga got a rocket launcha!" Any semblance of uniqueness the movie might have had was washed away when they decided that the incident was caused by a disease outbreak (which, if I'm not mistaken, the Resident Evil disease is very similar in that they both modify chromosomes) instead of teleportation technology going through hell. That also removes most of the reason for the lab to even be on Mars in the first place, if you just wanted to research dangerous diseases and biological warfare all you need to do is go to Antarctica or some shit.

Are there any good games set in Antarctica?

Superb taste user.
Check Wachenroder, it got similar aesthetics if you're hungry for that kind of stuff.
does anyone in here got the Wachenroder art book scans?

I too miss when games didn't exist.

As basic as Doom is, it could have easily been turned into a good action horror movie, but instead the producers swam against the current and changed things for no reason to make the movie worse and less like the game. This seems to be the usual pattern for game movies in the US.

There was almost a Beyond the Mountains of Madness game by the guys who made Dark Corners of the Earth

I know what you feel. I love movement systems that are simple in nature but advanced in mastery.
There's this game called Steamworld Dig 2 that recently came out, it's basically a fleshed out motherlode clone. But it has a hookshot, wall jumping and a jetpack. Near the end of the game there's this super secret challenge gauntlet that requires advanced use and mastery of those mechanics, and that challenge alone made me love the game when at most I played it out of respect for motherlode and the music. Then you have overgrowth which inspite of how long it took to make feels like a game from a decade ago and the movement itself is on par with Lugaru, even if the combat isn't.
I really hope whatever Spire's like, that the movement is godlike.

And come to think of it, Prisoner of Ice
IIRC it has you on a submarine near Antarctica

Sounds pretty good. I'm guessing this is jap only?

Was this the fps/adventure lovecraft game or am I thinking of something different?

I think the best way to make a movie about Doom would be one where there's only one human character (the Doomguy) and he has no lines of dialogue throughout the entire movie. It would be only an hour and a half or perhaps even shorter, and it would be mostly atmospheric exhibits of bizarre and terrifying locations interspersed with very high-energy action sequences accompanied by excellent music and cinematography. It should feel alien all the time even when Doomguy is still in the UAC base on Mars, because he was only recently shipped there and doesn't know the layout of their ridiculous complex anyway. The only dialogue might be occasional radio chatter which eventually vanishes entirely at around the halfway point of the movie when it's clear that any realm that might have been considered "human" is now long behind the protagonist.

But of course that's highly avant-garde and virtually unheard of in a licensed product.

Yup, Japan only
The game also did really bad in there
Since it was released late Saturn's life.

It would be the most accurate rendition but nobody would ever sign off on it. Having Doomguy enter the complex with other marines who die one by one until at the finale only Doomguy remains would be a good compromise. Maybe it could feel a little like Apocalypse Now (if I'm remembering the movie right).

Wouldn't that just be Hardcore Henry?

I forgot to say that somehow the game got figures.
Don't know if it is related to Murata Renji's collectible figures based on his art or something.

(((Holla Forums))), get your asses in the gas chamber.

It's not wonder the insurgents kept running circles around the US military. I thought you had to be above a certain IQ threshold to be given a license to kill.

Take Hardcore Henry and slap demons on top. Hardcore Henry is basically what you're asking for. The protagonist never speaks, the plot is a sequence of bizarre situations (that only start to make sense toward the end) punctured by well choreographed action sequences. That being said I don't think Doom lends itself too well to a movie format, there is far too little "meat" to work with to transform it into a medium highly reliant on narrative.

How did nobody drop him?

Niggers don't belong among civilized humans.

Because they are a leftist protected species. Same reason standards for women in the military got lowered and they are all on the fast track to get promoted.

They need more bodies and there isn't a draft yet. Lots of people are signing up with the desperate hope they will get help paying for their loans.

Yeah, I recently watched Apocalypse Now actually. It's notably different though, in that the movie is a subversion of expectations and the protagonist is actually a villain, which is very slowly built up by killing off the other characters and hinting at his cold-heartedness. I always associate Doom with a feeling of existential dread and loneliness. A good scene might be one where Doomguy hears someone's radio chatter but can't communicate back, and tries desperately to find that person, only for them to be dead by the time he gets there. If I were to make that compromise as a director I would say at least the last third of the movie has to be Doomguy by himself to get that feeling across adequately.

I've never heard of this, thanks for the mention.

Those two will be an active detriment to any unit they are assigned to. It would be better to be two bodies short than have two knuckledraggers around.

It's a game about empowerment. One dude with technology on his side crushes Hell and all their reality bending bullshit.

It's a love letter to FPS games. What's better is that there is no forced diversity, no strong womyn, no Marxist propaganda. Just a dude killing the shit out of bad guys. It and Dredd are the best action movies in the past five years.

I couldn't help but laugh.

Fuck instructing. Fuck the military too.

The only problem with instructing is the PC police have you on a short leash so you can't actually CORRECT these fucking chimps the only way they fucking understand.

Empowerment is a part of it, but it only comes at the end, sort of as a release or catharsis. There is a little more to the existential dread factor of Doom than many think. Check out Doom 64's atmosphere for a good example. Highly underrated roster of levels in that game, I'd say it's better than Doom 2 for sure.

Doom 3's boogeyman horror is utter tripe though.

On the bright side, they'll get themselves shot, and hopefully the team has seen enough of their shit to just let them bleed out rather than risk their necks pulling their asses out of the killbox.

Are those types of recruits really that common?

Yes. Thankfully, many of them voluntarily discharge before completing basic training. You can be the biggest fuck up ever but as long as you dont quit you will eventually get carried across the finish line.