W40K nonsense

I can't get into W40K because every time I start enjoying it I look at an Imperial hive world or a ship and see them littered with church windows and houses and it completely kills the immersion. It looks ugly and unaesthetic. The ships being blocky and corroded already so that doesn't help either especially when they even look that way in pre-heresy artwork. Apparently the Emperor didn't hate religion as much as he said.

Doom has a 'warp' too and you don't see them making ugly church ships. This is probably why most people prefer to play as aliens in the tabletop game.

Also

What?? This is the same reason Elite Dangerous was garbage. People can only suspend disbelief so far man.

>>>/facebook/

40k is one of those settings where you either think the aesthetics are the coolest shit ever or fucking ridiculous. Not much middle ground to found.

i dont think you understand the spirit and feel of the warhammer40k universe

What do you think about this ship?

Have you seen the Mk. II power armor user? Like what is this the year 30,000 A.D. or 3 A.D. with knights and shit? I know humanity killed itself and nuked itself on terra but that's still no excuse since it was clearly still habitable.

Still not realistic but certainly more aesthetic that's for damn sure.

Thanks for proving to everyone you're a faggot, OP.

I've been reading the lore and watching videos on it for the past year in a half. And while I respect the premise, the aesthetics for the Imperium are garbage so I'm forced to play as Tau or Eldar.

Heres some asthetic for you faggot

You are talking about a society that lost so much knowledge that they think that the best use for almost irreplaceable deep space mining rigs is as elite combat armor. Of course it looks silly from an objective standpoint but these are space barbarians who can't actually figure out what half the shit they have even does or why.

Have you ever considered that you hate fun, user? You bring up Doom as having a Warp, and yet the aesthetics of doom involve a lot of the same issues in the later chapters of the first game, featuring wood, wrought iron and stone elements. This is especially conflicting because there are also electrical components stored in some of these elements for pneumatic doors and electronic locks. In the second Doom game, these elements are doubly expanded on. Instead of worrying about the impossible, just enjoy the medium you autist.

Bite the bullet, faggot.

Why is a titan shieded with a medieval face guard?

The emperor made the power armor user. Not space barbarians. This is a guy who was around since humans were actual savages.

Way to oust yourself

I bet you buy iphones too.

thanks for sharing :)

hey guys what do you think of this picture? i took a long time ago for a thread on dvach where they were posting their outsides of windows

Yeah the Emperor knew a lot of shit but he played his cards close to his chest and doled it out sparingly. I'm not convinced even he knew everything or even a lot about the tech from the height of the DAOT. Not the nuts and bolts of it anyway. He was seemed to know the most about genetics and warp tech or at least that was what he was most interested in actually doing himself. The industrial and knowledge base just wasn't there for a lot of the shit he might have liked to do or make.

They're gothic castles in space. What kind of faggot doesn't like gothic architecture?

Space Marines are the biggest 40k seller by a large margin. There's a reason why they neglect other races to pump out yet another codex refresh.

Wrong. Early power armour was a standard among warring factions of pre-crusades and then later on it was AM that was responsible for iterations. He may have given guidance but he wasn't responsible for power armour's inception or improvements.

Actually just read this and it will explain a lot about why the Imperium tech is this the way it is

"The Mechanicus does NOT have the technology. They haven't been living on some fancy paradise planet since pre-Fall. Mars is an anarchic nightmare shithole the moment you leave the safe zones into the kilometers of labyrinthine corridors beneath it full of rogue machinery, self-aware and malevolent AI from before the Fall, and the daemon programs of the Heresy. EVERYTHING in the databases is fucked. The databases are fragmented over the entire surface to the extent that it would be impossible to see one tenth of the total files in the ludicrously extended life of a Magos even assuming that they are completely safe to visit. And they are not.

The files have been corrupted into madness by the Fall, and the unleashing of the most potent informational warfare systems ever to exist to defeat the Iron Men. Nearly all of Mars was rendered uninhabitable, what they live in now is built on the top of the ruins. They send archeotech expeditions in to find shit, nearly all of them never come back. The sheer number of rogue war machine running around in there is sufficient to rape the mind. Then came the Heresy, which was not earth-exclusive. Mars as the second most critical planet in the Imperium was the site of fighting nearly as ferocious as on Terra, with Mechanicus loyalists and Hereteks fighting tooth, nail, and mechadendrite everywhere. Ancient machines were unleashed, viruses both normal and daemonic unleashed into all the computer systems. Towards the close of the Heresy, Rogal Dorn sent some Space Marine operatives to wipe the planet clean of all life. Nearly every single stored record on Mars was rendered unusable, and those that survived are half the time self-aware and don't like you, or daemonic and actively try to kill you.

If you come back with a schematic, it is almost certainly gibberish, and if it isn't, it's probably corrupted into uselessness. If it does come back whole it was probably malevolently fucked with so that instead of a Lasgun power cell it's a fucking grenade set to detonate the second you finish building it. Why do you think they want off-world STCs so damned much if they had them all here? The fucking Heresy is why. Off-world they only have to contend with the Fall's war and its effects on the machinery plus twenty thousand years of degradation with no maintenance. But at least off-world it'll probably just not work instead of actively seeking to kill you.

Why do you think they seek to placate the Machine Spirit? It's because it exists. The fragments of trillions of self-aware programs, flourishing during the Dark Age of Technology and shattered by Man in his war with the Iron men, imprisoning the few who had not set themselves irrevocably into the machinery, a prison smashed wide open by the Heresy. Everything that can hold programming in the Imperium has a shard of a program in it. EVERYTHING. And you'd better fucking please it or it will do everything in its power to make your day shit. Sure, if it's a Lasgun it'll just not work or start shooting off rounds by itself, but if you piss off a Land Raider you can say bye-bye to half a continent. They apply these principles to things without spirits by habit, since they're so used to dealing with tanks that if not talked to just right might go rogue and annihilate the Manufactorum before they can be killed.

This is why they do not like ANYONE fucking with technology, because it is so rare to find anything that just works it is critical it not be compromised. That, and they do not have the actual knowledge to fuck with it intelligently, just through experimentation, which inevitably leads to slaughter. Pressing buttons to see what works is fine in a 21st century computer, but it is a very stupid thing to do at the helm of a 410th century starship with the destructive power to end solar systems. The entire knowledge base of humanity was lost. Not forgotten, but outright lost. Everything at all, poof. Nobody knows anything because the Fall fucked everything up and the Heresy double-fucked it. To rebuild the theoretical framework needed to design new technologies that don't kill everyone near them would require starting from the ground up. They don't have the time, they never have, and they never will.

This gets on to the point of war and what it does to technology. Someone will parrot that it makes it go much faster. Yes, it makes practical applications of technology go much faster. It also utterly stops all research on the scientific theories behind those technologies. This means that when war chugs along for a decade or two things get done. It means when it goes on too long you run out of theories to turn into technologies, and then you run out of technologies to apply. You stagnate. When you have been fighting in a war for survival in a drastically overextended empire, this is what happens. You are desperate for any extra materiel that can possibly be produced. Half your entire fucking military might went rogue, smashed the half that stayed and a whole swathe of the logistical side of your society, leaving you with the tattered shreds of a war machine to keep hold of an empire that was reaching straining point with an army far larger. There is no time for the sort of applied research programs that took Man twenty five thousand years to develop, in a time of unprecedented growth and prosperity.

This is also why the Adeptus Mechanicus insists on cargo cultism. It's because when you are dealing with things you barely understand because everything you knew about them was destroyed it is the safest and most reliable option. The rituals do not exists for mysticism, they exist because they are the most practical means of building, repairing and maintaining the equipment they have with the knowledge surviving. You don't understand why pressing that button makes it go, because the manual tried to take over your brain and the copies are all unreadable and the research base that would let you reverse-engineer it does not exist and cannot be built.

Why are the Tau doing so well with their technology? Because they had peace. Eight thousand years unmolested by any enemy and they were helped the entire time by the most advanced biological race in the galaxy. Give the Imperium eight thousand years of peace and I can guarantee you it will be harder than it was during the Great Crusade.

Since some still don't get the idea, try this:

Build a library, fill it with all human knowledge. You take it elsewhere when you need a book from it, but the book is only a simplified copy. You don't understand the real book, and you don't need to. Nobody takes the real books anywhere because why would you, when there's a whole library there?

Now that library goes rogue and the maintenance machinery starts killing everyone any-fucking-where near it. Where the fuck did they all come from, you swear to god there weren't this many, and there weren't because they're using the library's information to fight their war. The government fights a battle that destroys the planet against these robots and tears apart the library to stop them using it, only to be destroyed in the process. The library is leveled, cast into flames, every book burned and every computer virus-laden.

Then comes a man who worked there. He talks to the few surviving library workers, assembles their information, and starts rebuilding a city around the library and expanding it as the librarians find little scraps of paper and fragmented bits of files that stuck together just right read something. They rebuild a library from scrap on the ashes of the old. It isn't a shadow on the glory of the old, but it is all they have.

Then the city turns on itself, kills its master, and the librarians turn to rage. Half of them kill the other half and destroy the remnants of the library because where they're going they won't need science. Everything burns, and the city is left to a scattered few survivors, walls open to the world, with the hungry predators circling.

The Adeptus Mechanicus is the sole surviving librarian, desperately scrabbling through the ashes of paper and splinters of hard drives for anything to help him and the city he needs to survive just a second longer.

The Imperium isn't grim because things suck by choice and could be fine if a sensible person came along. That sensible person wouldn't survive fifty seconds of the reality. The Imperium is grim because every single shit decision, every single sacrifice, every single death, every single man woman and child suffering a shit life in the worst conditions imaginable, is the absolute best that can be done. It is a study of the worst happening to everyone and what part of your humanity must be sacrificed today just to stand a chance of survival, and all it asks is whether or not it would have perhaps been better to die."

BECAUSE ITS THE FUTURE MOTHERFUCKER

I remember in my humanities courses at Carnegie and my AP courses in high school most of my classmates thought it was ugly as shit, and half of these people were white and/or genetically hailed from the areas that built these buildings.

It's gross and depressing and not sleek or impressive. Celtic, Victorian, Greek, modern, and hell even African buildings are better looking and more appreciable than fucking Gothic buildings. Get some taste dude and stop romanticizing it.

The Thunder Warriors were the earliest effective power armored troops after the DOAT. He single handedly crafted the armor for his genetic supersoldiers and primarches whom were the basis of crusade armor, of which the 40K Mk.IV power armor is predicated.

*tips fedora*

To sum it up the aesthetics are ugly, brutal, and festooned with death related religious iconography because they cant build anything new, the shit they got is re-purposed farm equipment from a previous age, and the entire society thinks the greatest thing you can do is die in the service of their corpse god ruler. Of course it's ugly depressing gothic shit.

LET ME POST YOU FUCK

Here we go boys…

MUH OPINION IS LAW

Damn user that was some Fabricator General tier autism there. I never knew much about the mechanicus and that was a good read. The sheer magnitude of shit they have to deal with daily is atonishing and fitting. What do you think anout Belisarius Cawl and all the shit he has been up to.

Don't even pretend, faggot. People have given you decent responses and all you've been doing is shitposting.

You weren't expecting this?
The OP is nothing but bait
We got a ton of anti 40K autistic goons here for some reason.

IS SPACEHULK GOOD YET

ye

The biggest mistake the Emperor ever did was not embrace his divinity and roll with it. It's the one aspect of the author's fedora tipping that ruins the setting, because the Emperor should have known the power of faith and what it can drive mankind to achieve.

Basically everything feeds Chaos, there is no winning against concepts, not unless you rewrite reality. Might as well try to make yourself a deity as powerful as them to keep them in check.

Well it's written that way so you have the irony of his people's faith and inability to let him die actively preventing him from ascending and defeating Chaos.

Any improvements he might make will inevitably blow up in their faces somehow or be declared heresy the second Gulliman isn't around anymore to keep shit in check.

It's badly written and makes the Emperor look like an idiot. For someone that is the living manifestation of humanity's will and has been around since before humanity started with civilization he should know better than anyone else that preaching rationality and truth to people does jackshit. We are monkeys with hacked on sentience, but our lizard brain still directs all our actions, our intellect is only there to justify them to ourselves. When people started worshiping him he should have just embraced it. Empires come and go, but faith is almost impossible to eradicate, unless a "better" faith comes along. It's like a virus and whoever gets to infect the populace first wins. If his subjects perverted his vision he only has himself to blame. He should have left them a Bible behind that was written to be as unequivocal as possible.

I came across a fan theory that I like and always keep in the back if my head when talking 40k. Its about the Emperor, about what he is and why he did what he did.
The copy pasta:
I was kinda wondering something about the Emperor. Since the evidence seems to suggest the origin involving the Shamans is true, he seems rather powerful for that alone. The Shamans at best were probably around a Eldar Farseer in power, and if the combined might of a few thousand Farseer class Psychics were an actual threat to Chaos…. Well Slaanesh would be running with its…. tail between its legs. So a few possibilities emerge. A. the Shamans were much more powerful which is a possibility but considering what we know about human psychics, and that many Alpha+ Psykers seems unlikely and flat out dangerous. B. the effects are multiplicative which if true means Ynnead once its full power is unlocked will be able to curb-stomp the Chaos gods easily. C. is he stole most of his power on Moloch which seems unlikely considering he managed to seal the Void Dragon/ Dragon of Mars away during the Middle Ages. D. is my personal theory. Which is incredibly ironic, explains some of the Emperors more dickish tendencies and also supplies hope for the Imperium.
The basics of this idea is that the Emperor is the Human Afterlife. We know the fate of Eldar and Chaos worshipers when the die (eaten/absorbed/collected by their gods) but what about Humanity in general? In 'Master of Mankind' we saw the Emperor Summon up "ghosts" of Imperial Heroes to help in the War of the Webway, these could be psychic projections but what if they literally were the souls of fallen humans? This would explain why the Emperor is so powerful, every human not corrupted by Chaos fuses with him and also why his appearance and personality appear to shift. He is a human collective entity composed of the Dead. This is why he despises religion and is so utterly cold at times. He knows all the afterlife's promised by religion are wrong and he has the memories of every human who has died in every possible way inside his head. (just think of those who died at Dark Eldar hands….) This would also explain some of his Xenophobia and stewardship of humanity since he knows how we suffered during the Age of Strife.
The Emperor is humanity's champion and protector, it would make sense for him to not just physically but spiritually protect humanity. Part of the old Lore of the Shamans talks of them being hunted by infant Chaos Gods, what if it was not just them hunted but all of humanity. The Emperor was created as human Infinity Circuit to protect us. The hope come when you realize how many Humans have died in his service in the Age of Imperium. While the Webway was his original plan, could The death and horror of the Imperium be his backup plan? the ultimate gambit, feeds Chaos but also feed the Emperor. This would explains why Chaos has not fully succeeded and breaking down the walls of reality and why the Legion of the Damned (who appear to be Imperial Daemons) are appearing more and more often. The Emperor is growing in power and holding Chaos at bay.

I'm pretty sure he thought that once Humanity evolved into the superior psychic race he foresaw that we would no longer need or desire such things and that they would in fact be counter productive to a race of psykers. His mistake was thinking that it wasn't necessary in the present until we reached such a state. That and he was a immortal superman who had no ability to actually relate to the common man and could only care about us as a concept or whole.

I don't think any of it is very well written but he comes across more naive than idiotic to me. Just look at how ineptly he handled the heresy. Either way it wouldn't have made much of a difference in how things played out.

I prefer the theory where the Emperor was a last ditch DAOT project or weapon that was meant to help Humanity get its shit back together after the Fall but they either didn't have time to finish and were forced to use a prototype version or didn't bug test the empathy, education, and socialization software. Would explain a lot about how he acted and the apparent gaps in what he knew and his glaring blind spots about human nature. He wasn't actually a Human per se and he didn't exist until the Fall had cluster fucked everything.

Was he written by a fucking communist or something? Humans don't stop being humans just because we "evolve" or are taught some different mumbo-jumbo. Our baseline behavior will remain consistent regardless of what anyone does or says, and for his dream to come true he would need to radically re-engineer humans. It's just stupid, shitty writing that has created a domino effect that led to the current state of the lore, where writers have to jump through hoops to simultaneously portray the Emperor's vision as just while also painting his interventions and apparitions as those of the Christian God.

But he had friends, and cared for his "sons". He obviously is capable of empathy. It's fine for a leader to not get hung up on the deaths of his subjects. Any great endeavor will require sacrifices, they are to be expected, avoided if possible but taken if necessary. It's just silly that a begin describe as infinitely wise and with unparalleled intellect would miss the point so completely. Marx was a filthy Jewish pig trying to excuse his laziness, and this just reads like writers circlejerking in euphoric fervor.

That's all down to the writers. They needed some reason why an infinitely intelligent and wise being as the Emperor, and his incredibly intelligent sons would start trying to murder each other, and instead of having an intricately woven tale of family drama it's just a bunch of egotistical manchildren squabbling over nonsense. Just look at how they butchered the whole Thousand Sons thing. Instead of the Emperor actually fucking talking to Magnus and explaining to him why one shouldn't poke at the fucking Warp, like any normal person would do, he calls a tribunal and subsequently sends the Wolves to slaughter loyal marines for shit and giggle.

It all just reads like really bad fanfiction where the authors were so stumped on how to proceed they lowered everyone's IQ to room temperature so they could act like idiots and try to club each other to death.

You are missing the appeal of 40k. It's not supposed to be "immersive," it's supposed to be a space opera. A glorious spectacle that you view from afar.
Yes, that's half the point. It's a space opera with camp humor and some historical commentary thrown in just because.

do you have that webm comic narrated by an angry marine?

The idea is that the designs of their armor were good but not perfect to begin with, but the dudes who make the armor are religiously obsessed with not changing the design because they're afraid of fucking it up, and they're also convinced innovation leads to heresy
Because they fight in melee, and knight-style designs of armor are good at protecting against melee blows?
You're overthinking this without even knowing anything about the setting to begin with.

No, unfortunately

Games Workshop will finally do something about the lack of diversity.

>>>/tg/

Games Workshop says lots of shit. Nine tenths of which are lies and the other ten percent damned lies. The only thing they are looking to diversify is the amount shekels they can part from their customer base.

It fits the Grimdarkness of it. But would a being that has always been basically Godlike and filled with knowledge of past lives and an understanding of the greater universe really be capable of understanding normal humans? Just looking at how real life Geniuses worked and lived. Brilliant people but autistic as fuck, many needing people to care for their daily needs or they wouldn't be able to get their shit together. Multiply this by a factor of thousands and you have the Emperor who has all this knowledge whose mere existance baffles minds. Saying he would see humans as ants is a bloody understatement.

So there's the truth of it. We need more diversity and " African Buildings" because you don't like gothic church like ones.

Your pink hair dye is seeping into your brain.

got this without the text?

I like it because his greatest flaws are the flaws of pre-fall Humanity. His disdain for religion, his faith in science above all, his unquestioning drive to to transcend our current natures, his reliance on tools which turn against him, and his fundamental misunderstandings about the Warp and what powers Chaos. He is all the greatness and weaknesses of DAOT humanity and their culture written large. Which is why he didn't succeed.

Nice baito thread, OP. But just in case someone comes 'round and happens to agree with you:
The whole 'Nazi Space Catholics' thing is part of the joke. Emps wanted a turbo-fedora nu-humanity so he could starve the chaos gods to death. Instead he got a bunch of zealots who worship him as a god and are easily swayed to heresy - gothic spaceships/cities/everything helps reinforce these themes of a sort of backwards religiosity. Hence why IoM spaceships look like cathedrals, and (most) Chaos ships look like they should be menacing the Enterprise.

Pretty much this. The Emperor was like a big rich guy throwing money at the concept of "better power armor." The Mechanicus stepped up and built better power armor, with his direction.
There is one notable exception though. Mk5 armor was, as far as I am aware, largely designed and produced by the space marine legions themselves (there is no such thing as 'standard' Mk5). It was expressly developed as an easy to produce/maintain/rebuild stopgap power armor solution for the (then poorly-supplied due to the Horus Heresy) legions.
Mk4 was intended to be the golden standard - what Mk7 is in "modern" 40k - but the outbreak of the Horus Heresy meant most marines had to make do with Mk2, Mk3, and Mk5 as Mk4 couldn't be produced in large quantities outside of mechanicus supervision and Mk6 had literally just entered its first production run.

Why?

This.

It's called "Guilliman Reborn," or "Guilliman Enthroned," depending on the source.

Didn't have a choice did they? No xenos no Primarch

SJWs have achieved as much as they can with the vidya industry, tabletop is next. 40k is sexist (apparently) because no female marines. /tg/shit is the next frontline.

Not really. First, it's difficult to improve on the armor in any substantial way. It would be so even under the best of circumstances. Then you also have to think about the logistics. How much can they change the armors when all the people using them are scattered across the galaxy and constantly on the move. You'd need to retool the factory lines for every forgeworld to ensure compatibility, train staff to maintain the armor and produce spare parts, supply those spare parts. You forget that the armor isn't just powered, but directly linked to the Space Marine's nervous system.

We will hold the line like Guardsmen and when the time is right Purge them like the Inquisition.

we'll show them what happens to people when they enter our world

I wish they'd remove female IGs because it's fucking stupid. The Imperium has a female fighting force, the Sororitas, and they fit the setting perfectly. Female IGs are just part of the Current Year pozz that is infecting everything. I guarantee you they'll thoroughly shit up 40k within the next 10 years. They're already doing it with the Black Library books, that are now full of strong, obese womyn, promiscuous whores everyone applauds to and every filthy brown and black race you can name.

Please stop embarrassing yourself with the autism. You'll do fuckall. GW will fold like a wet towel and give the Marxist a blowjob first chance they get, they'll the proceed to shit on you more than they've been doing this past decade and tell you you need to fuck off because they'll have their new reddit audience to buy their overpriced trash. They'll make 40k completely kosher and eliminate every white man they can, remove any element of Christianity present and turn the Imperium into the space caliphate.

You talk like they haven't already fucked over the vast majority of /tg/ related stuff. You're really no better off than comics, the only "advantage" you have is that you can ignore most of the fluff and just use the mechanics, but even you have to admit that's just ignoring the problem, not actually fixing it.

Isn't Chaos just a stand in for a space caliphate, especially Slaanesh?

Oh, right, they might go and make Chaos the good guys, the misunderstood outcasts fighting the evil, white space patriarchy.

Basically, I have more faith in EA making a good game than I have in GW not finding new and worse ways to ruin their IPs. Remember, these are the guys that are proud they aren't doing market research and think the people that buy their shit are toy collectors and little children. If there was any justice in this world some disgruntled billionaire would buy 40k and turn it into the most politically incorrect setting known to man.

The worst thing about 40k is the retarded lore. I could accept how impractical and stupid the aesthetics were if it didn't pretend to take it self so seriously along with all the shitty SO GRIMDARK writing.

40k isn't funny anymore.

I like some of the art. The ships being flying cathedrals is pretty cool. The big problem is when you get to the SM armor that just looks retarded, and depending on who is drawing it, a war crime against human proportions. Also, the IG being a mashup of Vietnam and WW1 makes them incredibly aged and impractical, they are in serious need of a redesign. The Mechanicus too now that I think about it.

Then again, I might just be a tasteless faggot since I do seem to prefer the "smooth" designs of Homeworld or Star Wars more than the over-detailed ones in 40k.

I'm not sure if I would describe 40k's artstyle as "Over-detailed" maybe over-designed, but it would be more accurate to say that 40k is impractical. This was acceptable because back in the day 40k was a real rock n roll non-serious masculine universe. There is nothing wrong with liking clean or simple designs as they are usually the best.

I like the imperial aesthetic for the most part, but titans look fucking retarded. The smaller stuff like warhounds are usually okay, but they went full retard when designing the bigger ones. It irks me with how important these stupid things are in-setting.

Pretty much sums up the history of the imperium since the horus heresy.

I know the Imperium is every quartermaster's and head of logistics' nightmare, I was merely speaking in simple terms because the OP was also speaking in terms. It seems like the OP either knows nothing about the Imperium even though he likes 40k (unlikely considering the pure saturation of Imperium shit in everything 40k related) or he just likes 40k for aesthetics and doesn't really give a shit.

also speaking in simple terms* fuck.

I'm having a problem in Dark Crusade. I'm playing as Eldar and I want to go for a complete wipe of the map, but I've hit a fucking wall with a few territories. I can't even last ten minutes on this Necron held territory that has 9 defense. They always immediately send an entire fucking army at me in the first five minutes and I can only get 2 outposts up before it happens. I have half of my honor guard spots filled and Taldeer completely upgraded but I can never get them to their bases before they start reaming my asshole. Does anybody know what I should do so I can push through it for complete domination? It's this map right here

He did not do that, he sent the wolves to get magnus to terra to explain what happened, horus shifted the orders to "burn prospero".

Sexeldar brought him back to life together with belisarius, the least you can do is let her join on the group pic.

Female IGs have been a thing since before the first SJW appeared on this cursed age.

Git gud, play some other faction first, i sugest space/chaos marines or imperial guard for starters, or necrons if you want to win withouth any effort.

Sorry, little correction, by "this map right here," I mean Van De Mar Mountains

I already beat it with SM, but I constantly get reamed by the Necrons on this one map. On all the others I can wipe the floor, it's just this one fucking battle.

Beat all the other factions to get all the faction powers and then jump in.
I had that same problem as IG beating the eldar in that map where you have to fight 3 enemies at the same time, since IG its either early rush or turtling up and you cant early rush prebuilt bases.

They're not nearly as impractical as they might appear. For one, they carry space ship grade weaponry and can pretty much obliterate anything smaller than them on their path. Secondly, they have void shields, so while they stick out like a sore thumb you need some serious firepower to bring one down. Also, they are always accompanied by a dedicated support unit that defends them against smaller enemies that might try to infiltrate them and they're so big they can walk across most land obstacles.

I misremembered then. Still, the whole Horus Heresy storyline makes little sense the further you go. Horus' fall was handled properly since he basically got corrupted when he wished not to die but the rest is just a burning dumpster fire. When some space marine faggot started making clones of a Primach I just gave up and walked away.

They're still a shit idea when you think about logistics. The IG has an infinite number of possible recruits, so why are they bothering with female conscripts? Also, while they are legion they still need to be transported to the battlefield, thus making the number of troops at the disposal of commanders at any given time much more limited, and therefore all the more precious.

I know it's a leftover from the time when all the IG was supposed to do was send wave after wave of men to die until the enemy ran out of ammunition, but it's still filthy, pozzed propaganda that I wish would fucking die already. We've tried female soldiers IRL and it's been such a goddamn disaster even the feminists don't talk about it anymore.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. However, I think this map in specific is just terrible. The enemy start out on the edge with zero flanks, you, on the other hand, start in the middle on a hill with three flanks, I believe. You can't even hide you base because the building area is too close to the edge of the cliff.

Dont forget that imagery, icons and statues also protects them a bit against demonic incursions when the gellar fields shut down on warp transit.

Who was that?
Honsu?
Hes a genius of a space marine that is also aided by the chaos gods and heretechs, he is also the one that trains the chaos marines equivalent to apothecaries.
His models keep failing though, so dont think the actually managed to outdo the emperor.
Not really, since sometimes IG forces are used to colonize planets after the war is over, and most regiments with female are female only regiments (and ciaphas cain showed the kind of crazy bullshit that happens in mixed regiments).
Because they arent conscripts, just like guardsmen arent conscripts, they are drafted from the best ranking soldiers amongst the PDFs as part of the imperial tithe.
No its nort mate, its a nice relic from the times when chicks with guns was metal as fuck and sexy.

Fabius Bile. Not only did he fully clone a Primarch with all his powers and intelligence intact, but he also did so multiple times. This breaks 40k in every possible way. How can some random schmuck achieve something even the Emperor is not capable of doing. If cloning Primachs is such an easy feat that the process can be achieved by a lone guy in his spare time why hasn't the Emperor just cloned a fucking army of them? Fuck the writers.

Some regiments are granted rights to a planet they conquer, but most of them are shipped from battlefield to battlefield until they are completely spent.

Not according to Abnett and other writers. And female only regiments are an even worse idea than mixed ones. Sororitas exist for a reason and make perfect sense within the setting. Why have an army of females? Because holy law forbids you from fielding an army of men. How do you overcome the inherent weaknesses of the female body? Give them power armor and make sure to only recruit the most fanatical and loyal of subjects.

You're just digging yourself deeper.

Kill yourself.

Die. Nothing I've posted was a shitpost.

Dont know much about him nor have i bothered, so i cant argue about him.
I said sometimes, not always.
We already explored the concept with ciaphas cain, they even went on a fullout killing spree on the cafeteria and didnt get their shit together until they actually hit a battlefield and had to work together for pure survival, other mixed regiments seen in the books are already battle hardened.
Why?
Most of them work on shit like artillery or support anyways.
So do female IGs, the imperium gives no shit about sex differences, you all have to do the same shit to ensure the survival of the imperium.
No, im not, you just cant look past the basic things, Female IGs are at most 30% of the imperial guard, and that is supposing they are extraordinary, hardcore, crazy morderous bitches that are tought enough to get shipped offworld together with the best of the planet's fighting force.
That is not an argument and it just shows that youre not interested in havign a conversation but forcing your shit on already established and accepted lore that goes back to atleast 2 decades.

Die and burn in hell demon man>>13604304

That's the point. It's supposed to reflect how desperate a situation humanity is in that they have to resort to female soldiers. Again, this is a space opera, it's supposed to be exaggerated. If you ever watch or read an ancient Greek tragedy, all of the dialogue, situations, aesthetics etc. are exaggerated. It's supposed to be referential towards that kind of style. Not that I'm saying 40k is extremely deep and inspired, but that's what they were going for. See also ancient artwork like the painting of Jesus and the apostles at the last supper.
Also, to be fair, this is 40,000 years in the future and many Imperial worlds are hilariously dangerous. If there is ever a time where women would be viable as combat soldiers, it would be in 40k.

You sound evil

Yeah but according to him, female catachans wouldnt be able soldiers because they are females, even if to survive in catachan is something that takes an extraordinary human to begin with.

Whelp that says enough to me

Except that doesn't make any fucking sense because the Imperium has more bodies than it knows what to do with. Like I said, the Imperium doesn't have a manpower shortage, in fact you could argue they have far too many people. What they have is an extremely vulnerable supply chain, which means that while the reserve pool of IGs is near limitless the number you can actually get to the battlefield is not.

Now, if you have such a large pool of recruits there is no point in choosing women because men will always, always, out perform them. This isn't politics talking, this is a simple biological fact that is so blatantly obvious even feminists quietly acquiesced to it. Do you think a civilization on the brink like the Imperium would spend time and effort training subpar humans for a role they are not fit to do in the name of egalitarianism?

You do realize said tragedies had men playing as the female characters too, right? Also, not an argument. From a thematically, practical and logical standpoint it does not make sense and it is only a thing because the West is lethally poisoned with Marxism.

Open a biology book once in a while, will you? Or are you that 1% of men so weak and pathetic girls routinely physically bullied you?

Oh!
No wonder, youre that turboautist that samefagged an entire thread on /tg/!
According to biology no human should survive in catachan, mordia, armageddon, valhalla, necromunda, tallarn and many, many other worlds in 40k, yet they do because they are hardy and inventive, hence why it breed great soldiers no matter the sex, thats why there are female IGs you massive autist.

Yes, user, everyone that disagrees with you is the same person, and you have to call them out on it when they drag facts in your discussion. I wouldn't even reply to this pathetic ad hominem other than to say I haven't visited your shithole of a board since Zeon Quest was a thing back on 4chan.

And, again, why recruit women from those worlds when the men are superior to them, just like they'd be in any other environment? Living in a harsh place does not magically make sexual dimorphism go away. Sure, the women will be tougher, but why bother with them when you have the even tougher men? Hell, if you want to put said females to good use take a few of them as tithe and use them as breeding stock on other worlds, but I guess eugenic programs and sensible use of genetically superior women is not kosher?

And people wonder why /tg/ stuff has gone to shit. If you're the average /tg/ denizen then that board has gotten even more cucked than Holla Forums.

Will you ever reply to anything i say to you in any other way than "no youre wrong because i say so!" even when i have already told you why that is?
And yes youre the same faggot, weve had this discussion many times already and you always say the same shit in the same way and imply the same shit about everyone that disagrees.
Stop injecting your own views and fan-fiction into 40k.

But I gave you arguments. Harsher planets breed stronger women, I agree with you on that. My point of contention was that said women would be put to better user breeding more stronger men, or used to bring genetically inferior populations up to scratch instead of being wasted as cannon fodder. Women are more valuable than men because of their wombs after all.

Yes, user, of course I am the same person that stalks you across multiple boards and threads, just waiting for you to appear so I can trigger you with facts. You have discovered my nefarious plan. If you have nothing left to argue with at least don't embarrass yourself further.

I guess non-kosher opinions are not allowed in current year of M40.999?

Wow

No you did not, you told to mo read a biology book, completely disregarding everything established in the lore and the fact that skills matter more than brute stranght or endurance in a setting the survival of the fittest apply to sort out weakness.
Numbers are not a problem for the imperium, and the women that end up in the IG are in no way fit for civilian life.
No, you just do here on Holla Forums and went on a spergspree on /tg/ once, where you denied you were samefagging (you massive liar) until the boardadmin told you to cut the shit out because you were samefagging all over the thread and other 40k threads, and then you came here to cry and say /tg/ was pozzed and sjw, you turboautist.
No, you inserting your shit as cannon and saying that actual cannon is sjw shit (and people that defend it kikes) when it has existed since before you were even aware of 40k makes you an absolute faggot.

Nothing in the lore says anything about sexual dimorphism in the human species not existing anymore.

It's actually impressive how you're parroting feminist arguments that make not a shred of sense in a military context. Endurance is by far the most important attribute a common soldier requires and the female physique is beyond terrible at enduring long periods of physical exertion, to the point their bodies fall apart, and that's ignoring they have half the upper body strength of men and a third less muscle mass in their legs. There is a reason no civilization or culture, at any point in human history, and not even in the current, pozzed West, actually bothers with female soldiers. Don't make me post factual data to prove my point because both of us know I'm in the right here.

What is that supposed to mean? Are they raving lunatics?

But I thought you said your mysterious nemesis was triggering you in every thread. Which is it?

It's okay user, everyone else in this thread is my sockpuppet. You can ask Mark, he'll show you. In fact, everyone on fullchan is my alt, you've been talking to me this whole time!

So you have no rebuttal to what I said and are just going to keep calling me names? Isn't it past your bedtime?

But it does about the reason why they recruit women, and sexual dimophism isnt the end-all be-all of things.
Oh sure, explain to me how an experienced ork hunters from the jungles of armageddon is less able to join the guard than a manufactorum worker because she is a woman, these are the things that land a woman in the imperial guard user, not quotas.
40k is way past that, humans that survive in the IG due so through hardyness, being smart and skillfull, hence why a cadian kasrkin wont necesarily do a better job than an average necromundan spider even though kasrking are genetiaclly augmented and better armed/armoured, since the necromundan will do a better job fighting in an underhive than the kasrkin that its used to siegebattles and shock tactics.
Probably by why most books show, killing a ship provost decked out with armor with a kitchen knife its not an easy task, you wouldnt want these women popping out children if you were the planetary governor.
I did not say that, i say you were the autist that samefagged an entire thread on /tg/, and youre still implying im triggered.
Im only discussing with you, you massive autist, atleast at this moment.

Okay, but as we both just agreed, it can't just teleport the exact Imperial citizens it wants to the Cadian regimental headquarters due to supply and logistics problems. The Imperial Guard works on a tithe system, where it takes the best troops from each planet's local militia
Are you fucking dense or something? Women are objectively weaker than men on Earth but do you really think a woman raised on Catachan that didn't fucking die would make a worse soldier than a man raised on some pampered Terra-like Imperial world which hasn't seen war in 300 years? We aren't just talking about biology here, we are talking about any one of these random citizens having cybernetics, secret psychic powers that they don't tell anyone about for fear of being killed, secret mutations for the same reason, hell maybe they crossbred with fucking Xenos. Many of these worlds have been out of contact with the greater Imperium for thousands of years at a time and exist in a legal state of limbo where all of them are more or less technically heretical, but the Imperium lets them live because turns out the thing that makes them heretical by strict legal interpretation also makes them really effective at killing xenos and dyed-in-the-wool heretics.

Come to think of it, isnt it kinda like the byzantine theme system?

Just for emphasis on how wild the spectrum of Imperial Guard regiments and enlistees can be, there are 18th century style regiments that use laslocks (single shot laser weapons improvised from old technology), stand in line formation and fire in volleys because they are tithed from feudal worlds that have regressed to colonial-era or even medieval style culture. The noble houses only war with each other and there aren't any particularly dangerous fauna by 40k standards. These regiments are, as one might expect, a total fucking joke in combat against the xenos or chaos threat but they exist because their world has sat around without contact with anyone for hundreds or thousands of years.

Yes, the Imperium of Man is based on the Byzantine empire.

I thought the resemblance was only on the imperial aquila and the imperium of man was just late WRE, but after reading a bit about the theme system and talking about the tithe system, it makes a lot of sense.

LOL. No you've tried turning spoiled western whores into soldiers.

Actual women who've gone through struggle and hardship can become soldiers easily.

Dude, the Kurds are Marxists. You cannot be fucking serious.
Women can be good at sniping and nothing else in combat. We know this thanks to the Soviets – another Marxist society. Strange, it's almost as if there's a pattern here.