Obscure ass games thread

If it has a wikipedia article it's for normalfags edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IJat9J1k_Q
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lost-and-forgotten-except-by-us.98735/
store.steampowered.com/app/298180/The_Desolate_Hope/
don't
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/stealth-combat-ultimate-war-english-pc-iso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a shame Carnage Heart overshadowed Pandora Project to such a degree that they never made a sequel.

3DS only FTL like game. Its more of an idle game because of the system's portable nature.

Never see anyone talking about this. Its a pretty decent metroidvania for what it is, and the amount of spirits it has is fucking amazing. If you liked the actual animu/mango its just gravy

Beautiful Sega Saturn only adventure game made by Givro(the guys behind Wonder Project J)

Man, Saturn has so many gems

Gorky17/Odium
Pretty good game

Nice try Youtube scalper

It also had a prequel, and a sequel, though neither had the gameplay of the original.

There exists a stub for the *series*, but no actual article on this particular installment, not even on the Russian wikipedia.
It's pretty much forgotten even within the genre (FPS-RTS, which is already pretty obscure).
You control a squad of robots, which you can build and customize. The largest of them you can pilot yourself. You can also build bases and hide inside the buildings.
I still have the disk. But online I was only able to find to two questionable downloads, one of which is a dead torrent.

Only article on it is in French.
This is another rts/fps hybrid. I actually can't find the download for this anywhere.
You don't build the vehicles, but you can control them in 1st and 3rd person view.

There's also another, early 90s game that I don't even remember the name of. You build units and can control them in first person.
I tried looking for it before. I remember getting it from one of those "game collection" CDs, and it was only a demo.

it also had god tier soundtrack

Urban Assault

shit, I remember that

Mission: Humanity - an RTS made by Techland. Set in space, you are first put on the planet Nortus, and after conquering it, you travel to other ones, unlocking new troops, buildings, upgrades, etc. in the process. At the end you have to enter the alien (or human, if you chose to play as aliens) main base and destroy it from the inside.

Actually, there was a polish version, called Exterminacja, which was made first. That was the one I played - it was a bugged mess, and apparently the english version lacks these bugs. But the game was great besides that. And the soundtrack was amazing, see for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IJat9J1k_Q

Just noticed the post. Yeah I think I had this on a CD, but never put it in for some reason.

So obscure

:^)

Was it Machines: Wired for War perhaps?

Also, the Codex has a whole thread about obscure, and not necessarily good, games.

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lost-and-forgotten-except-by-us.98735/

this shit was so good

I've never met anyone other than my 2 autistic friends who have actually played this. Every time I talk with someone about the old MoH games, they all mention European Assault, Airborne, etc.
They never know that Vanguard even existed. Their reactions are the same:
"Vanguard? Never heard of it" or "Oh you mean the one on the PSP? Heroes?"

When I show them the cover art they get surprised that it even exists. I guess it's because it got trapped between the release of Airborne and some CoD.

I really REALLY fucking hate you weebs with a passion.

Some stupid OP nigger uses the word "ass" and of course this fucking triggers your retarded tranny libido.

What a fucking mentally warped person you have to be to just fucking post that gay shit EVERY FUCKING TIME someone says ass.

Please, user hang yourself, I hope you believe in god so this is some intensive for you to an hero and have your gay ass dreams come ture.

Is it any good? Hell, there's a dozen Spec Ops games no one bothers to remember. EA saturated the market with MoH to the point people got sick of it.

you know that your pic is from anime, right?

please stop using terms you don't know the meaning of

How does it feel to be a soulless fucking oxygen thief.

Yes you people disgust me, what is your point scum.

I am just happy I am not a fucking aut who can't understand human emotion and its befits. No wonder so many weebs are loser depressed faggots they can't express themselves in any other way that isn't soul crushing sorrow or being autisticly horny like a furfag who just got paid so he can get his commission.

yeah I came into this thread looking for ass and there's no ass here

I still have the discs for this around here somewhere

Moeshit was a mistake.

Oh shit is it you Dragon Maid autist?

Someone called me?

2/10 spergout. At least gypsiefag used to put some effort in.

goon buzzword

If you even consider it a game. I don't even know myself.

I owned this but I don't remember ever playing it.

Hunter Hunted. Lords of Magic.

Thanks to the user who helped me find this one again.

No images, unfortunately. But:
Young's Modulus
Ramjets
A New Zero
Decker
Barotrauma

I can probably dig up more from my harddrives, but I'm short on time to do so.

I think it's actually pretty ok as far as PS2 fpses go. Very linear and shallow (more than most MOH iterations) but good arcade fun.
I agree it's a title most people don't even remember that it exists.

And 5Gb of lewd reactions is pretty weak. One must have like 50Gb.

Urban assault, one of the earlier FPS/RTS fussions, I remember loving it but I'm pretty sure it's actually bad.

Might as well ask here, does anyone remember the following game?
Old RTS game where you go to alien worlds and you have to tame aliens to defend your colony, I think you can also use them for food too.

This series is seriously underrated. It's a solid platformer and I enjoyed it quite a lot, it's a shame that it's not that well known.

It hurts.

It's well-designed, but it's well-designed for literal children. Like between toddler and 10.

It's a very solid metroid like game, worth checking out for the soundtrack and atmosphere alone.

There is so many pointless changes to the "remake" for the sake of cutting corners. Playing the original version right before you play the remake makes you aware of a lot of the bullshit they pulled.

Did anyone honestly expect the remake to be anything other than a cashgrab? It came out on a dying system simply because they had an engine and assets that they wanted to make shekels off of one last time.
The soundtrack was the most offensive thing, frankly.

Oh I knew it was gonna be a blatant cash grab as soon as it was announced thanks to nintendo's other recent lazy remakes, but holy fuck playing them side by side is an experience.

store.steampowered.com/app/298180/The_Desolate_Hope/

Enjoy.

Reminder

I bet every single cent I have that they did exactly this and nothing more.

Have something that's even worse

The obscureist

not even Saint could find it

He did
I got this link from a hidden message in one of the newest videos, since I don't think there's an Holla Forums archive anymore I'll give it out
don't use link shorteners/karavanan

>don't use link shorteners
alas, it will be forever lost

ANyways it's a fun game if you like playing as a giant robot or third-person shooters. Go pick it up. Also apparently the Nomad Soul is there as well. Man if Nox shows up on steam I'll have every game I had as a kid again.

I'd rather get pozzed by a hobo

I grabbed it a few years back when they were giving it away for free. It's one of those games that happen when a bunch of ambitious idea guys get together and want to make a great game. It's an absolute disaster, but in the best and most ambitious way imaginable. Pity the cucks had to stop caring and are churning out shitty "games" for Sony now.

You mean a pretentious french movie director wannabe who hates video games but wanted to make an artisto game. It's up there for the worst game ever made.

Only good thing about it was Bowie.

So why all the asshurt over omikron?

Nox is on GOG

It's not my fault you're such a faggot that you think of that first.

Can you fucking read?

It's not a good game moment to moment, but it has plenty of interesting ideas. An open world, multiple solutions to quests, hidden concerts you can go and visit and if you die as the initial character you can play as someone else that has different skills and abilities. The whole gameplay doesn't mesh well together, but I would love for someone attempt the same thing today when there are games with decently combined ranged/melee combat.

Submachine anyone?

Wut. I've just queued a direct download link for it.
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/stealth-combat-ultimate-war-english-pc-iso/

Did that series ever have an explanation, point or ending?

these are some strange and archaic vidya but are they atmospheric as FUCK and they have a good story

yes, read the wikipedia article on it if you're too lazy to find out for yourself

That doesn't explain shit.

I agree with this user.
b8 or not.

No it doesn't, literally everything about it is shit.

Not that obscure, especially if you are a fan of flash games. Definitely in the must play list of flash. Speaking of, has anyone tried to make a list of must play flash games?

I understand you completely.
just take solice in the fact that under their self-styled facade of 'le triggered' and 'le smug' , in reality everyone of them are miserable and alone and most likely hate themselves more than you hate them. Which has been the case for every weeb I've ever encountered.

Weebs, furrys, bronys. They're all part of the same family tree.

Now, back on topic: Restricted Area is pretty cool. Its like cyberpunk fallout

Pic related is a game called King's Bounty, it's a Russian Might and Magic clone series that's actually pretty good. It doesn't have a Wikipedia article so it should count.

I wanted to call this out for being bait but the I'm an idiot. please laugh at me makes me suspicious.

lel

It's originally a game from 1990 that was proto-HoMM made by the same devs, you uncultured swine.

Bunch of fucking casual scum.

To be clear, this game's a few years old already but it just received a Steam release recently? It's been awhile but I remember downloading the prequel although I'm not sure if I downloaded this with an english patch as well. Need to look through my games folders again.