Don't pretend you care about spoilers

Well, okay, that's pretty straightforward. I understand completely. Surely the "true ending" will iron out some of the kinks here, right?

>Dana is magically back and Maea says (and I'm paraphrasing here) "hey, that fake evolution thing I was doing and killing off of species and Dana thought it was bullshit and you thought it was bullshit and you blew up the world to stop it? Yeah, it's still gonna happen and Dana is gonna be the one to make it happen because she's the god of evolution now. Also get the fuck off my island."

Do people in Japan storyboard their shit at all or do they just make it up as they go?

are there any big titty anime girls

Pffff.

Don't pretend you don't know who Adol is, especially in that fucking armor.-

Have you considered killing yourself? I think you need to kill yourself.

Not only did I pay for it, I played it.

Yes, for a little over 60 hours I played and enjoyed this game for the combat, dungeons, progression, and overall pretty dang satisfying worldbuilding save for the last chapter and kinda sorta glazed over most of the translation issues because they didn't matter.

But no amount of legitimately properly accurately translating this game's story could have possibly fixed the atrocity that is its nonsense bullshit story. It is a bad story with bad writing and anything beyond the most basic understanding of it is unnecessary.

You're still posting instead of killing yourself. Please fix this before you do something stupid again like pre-order an EA game or buy a season pass.

That trap anime girl is Adol?

When will falcom go back to the fucking origin/felghana type of gameplay

It appears they want cold steel audience. Let them rot.

Please find the nearest source of bleach and drink as much of it as possible you subhuman.

no u fuk

when they get tired of trying new things and decide they want to remake the same game ten times instead of making new games

so probably soon

NO U FUK

But why? I don't claim to have played coldsteel but just looking at it it looks like a giant shift in style compared to Sky, just as much as Tokyo Xanadu is from Xanadu Next. And having playing TX it fucking sucks.

I meant in the sense that solo adol adventures.
How are the bosses in lacrimosa? Are they just as shit as Celceta's?

user stop using your mother's credit card to purchase loot boxes and cosmetic DLC you irresponsible child. Please hurry up and kill yourself before you damage you're mother's credit rating.

Two things:
1. You can play as solo Adol in New Game+ after you fill out your party, OR if you purchase BOTH the PS4 AND Vita versions you can do it from NG. It sucks that it's locked behind such arbitrary bullshit, but the fact that it's there as an option at all is at least indicative of the fact that they haven't completely forgotten the appeal of Ys.

2. The boss fights aren't terribly randomized which means with enough memorization you can flash guard your way through them without any problem, and because of this showing off youtube footage of a boss fight makes things look deceptively easy since the person playing obviously has fought the boss several times and knows their patterns.

It's standard fare with only a handful of extra bosses being straight up damage sponges (including the true ending final boss)

get off your neighbor's wifi you friggin dingo

If you're going to bait at least have some class.

Yes, sperg with dignity.

Amazing. You can count people's iq by this.

Please user. Your mother is crying at night because she knows how much of a failure her child has become. She wants you to kill yourself. Release her from this suffering and your horrible anti-consumer supporting addiction.
Consider self-immolation to save on a cremation, it can be the one good thing you have ever done for your mother.

God fucking damnit falcom
I realize it's for depth and whatnot but why the fuck would they have such mechanic if it breaks the game all too easy?

Elex turned out good?

I don't like your thing, so I understand that you don't like my thing. We like different things.

Yeah but he'd literally HAVE to watch all the other humans die, that's kind of part of the deal. I don't think Adol is a sociopath.

What if i am tired of seeing half naked teens pretending to be warriors while swinging impractical weapons? Do you ever grow up from that shit?

Better than this shit.

see video

if you're into that kind of thing I guess

Pure liberal logic, if taken outside video games.

I wish to be the little girl, which is *chan tradition.

Yeah, this faggot wishes to be little girl too. It doesn't make him one. It makes him a homosexual degenerate.

I might not a 10bux calling out others for playing weebsheit, but even I think none should pretend this standardized jfantasy diarrhea can be any good. It's always collecting crystals to fight against the gods using a magical weapon, goddamn I feel retarded just reading that summary.

That's the whole point. On the west rpgs constantly undergo change, but sometimes bring something new to the table, good or bad. Japanese games never go through that change. Its always the same game with different hair color.

Granted. I'm not denying that.

yeah but you don't play Ys for the story, you play it for the gameplay loop which stays enjoyable until post-game

Kind of defeats the purpose of this thread that complains about the story, don't you think?
Might as well complain about how some of the older games reuse the same gimmick of going to various elemental areas to collect four statues or crowns or seals or six books or whatever just so you can unlock the path to the big boss which is a giant floating demon that you fight on a floating island.

I just needed to get it off my chest. This game's story is so awful, not just in how generic it is but in how often it pulls the bait and switch to jerk the player around.

For that you have the falcom thread, all they're interested in is MUH CAKES or MUH STORY anyways.
But I guess they'd sperg out over nisa which is pretty justified, what the fuck man

yep. knowing something is anime is a spolier enough that i neither need or want to care about it. animes are generic, nonsensical, and pointless stories for losers! no wonder most people here have never had a significant other and are largely unaccomplished, mentally ill semihomos

Wow, where have I heard that before?

No, I said that the formula for fantasy jRPGs is juvenile: where in roleplaying games, every type of setting might as well be a different subgenre, Japan actually has more. The staleness of a genre is the same for fantasy jrpgs, and D&D shit which feels all the same: that feeling when a new western rpg comes out, and it's all the same humans vs orcs vs elves.

- Realism Contemporary: Yakuza
- Realism Past: Way of the Samurai
- Fantasy Present: Persona
- Fantasy Past: Dragon Quest