Morrowind or Fallout?

It's time that I play a real RPG.
Which should I start first?
A) Morrowind
B) Fallout 1

There are "roleplaying" games, and RPGs. If you want to play the first, >>>/tg/. If you want to play the others, so play FF7.

fallout

Fallout 1

Fatal Faggotry isn't an option.

People still play those? In this age of computers?

Fallout1, then Morrowind.

skyrim

You've already trapped yourself into playing shit games if these are your choices.

Not an argument.
Try again.

Not an option.
Try again.

They're not even remotely similar so I can't give you much of a recommendation between them.

OP, if you want to play a real rpg game, go with the DND rules based rpg games as there is proper roleplaying and character building in them, or play might and magic 6-8

Try again.

you try again

but skyrim is an RPG? RPG stands for ROLE PLAYING GAME. and you play a role in Skyrim so what's the problem?

If they were the same, then it wouldn't be much of a decision. It's like saying that hotdogs are too different from pizza, so it's impossible to make a decision.

It's like trying to decide between a steak dinner or a tiramisu, it's hard to compare them.
Fallout 1, I guess?

Read OP. Skyrim isn't an option.
Try again.

I'm not asking for a comparison. I'm asking for a vote. Thanks for choosing one of the options that is actually available!

but you play a role in skyrim so it's a real RPG. how about you actually play it instead of falling for Holla Forums memes?

Fallout 1, then 2, because Morrowind is actually garbage.

Start with the Gold Box games if you really want a valid opinion on RPGs.

Skyrim's status as an "RPG" in sense that Fallout or Morrowind are "RPG's" is not the same sense. It's not on the menu tonight anyways.

You play a role in Tomb Raider too, but that doesn't fucking make it an RPG.

Morrowind is shit, try fallout 1,2 and new vegas.
Also daggerfall is prettt good.

It's not garbage, but it certainly carried over stuff from Daggerfall that it didn't need to. RNG hit detection works in a 90's dungeon crawler, not a 2000's RPG.

Arcanum

fucking THANK YOU.

Fair enough. I was being a little extreme. I actually like the setting, but the gameplay isn't great.

Also, OP, listen to . Traditional games blow video games out of the water in terms of role playing.

Fallout 1 it is. Thanks.

Don't listen to this man. Arcanum and other Isometric late 90s RPGs are games you play after having gained an appreciation for the classic RPGs. I really do suggest starting with the Gold Box games, they're all very good introductions to both computer and tabletop RPGs.

I play DnD, fyi. Thanks but not what I'm looking for.

I don't need introductions. I just wanted to see if people thought I should play Morrowind or Fallout, both of which are games I have played. ;D

Tabletop simulator exists, user.
On that note, how long until we get a game night together on that? Did we already do that and I missed it?

Why the fuck would you even ask then if you've already played those games? Seriously, go back and play the Gold Box games, play a bit, ie most of the Ultima series and HOMM while you're at it.

Screeching "REEEEEEE-" in chat and flipping the table because I rolled a one with anons could be fun.

I asked because I wanted an answer.
A vote. Try again, retard.

Glad to see /v is as toxic as ever. :3
Just glad I actually got a response.

God damn it, I should have known.

OP if you want a good CRPG I recommend anything that Chris Avellone's name is on; almost everything that man touches turns to gold. Also Morrowind, Arcanum and Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines

The holy grail is the classic west coast Fallout games(1,2,NV)

JRPGs aren't real RPGs. You don't play the role of a character, there's no branching narrative, and there's no reputation systems. Just because you level up doesn't make something an RPG.

Minecraft

whats it like to have such shit taste, like how do you eat?

Super Mario RPG

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Arcanum is the only RPG you must play

Also not an RPG.

Start with Tales of the Unknown: Bard's Tale

Computers have been around about as long as tabletop/gestalt role-playing games have, user.

Both are great, OP. You'll want unofficial patches for both, though. Fallout is a bit simpler with its unofficial patches; just get Fallout Fixt and choose not to install its optional extra content.

Having actually read the thread now, I should probably just delete this post of mine. Oh well.

Glad I can find someone who agrees. JRPGs suck as a role-playing game. RPGs are supposed to be player agency, choices and consequences and immersing yourself in your character. JRPGs are so detached and almost never have any player agency or choice(That actually matters) and the character is usually so well-defined within the game's narrative and RPG seems like a improperly placed label.
I don't know what else you would call them but RPG is simply not appropriate. If I had to move JRPGs into another genre I'd say they fit more into strategy games than role-playing games in most cases.

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH MORROWIND'S COMBAT SYSTEM IF YOU SAY THERE IS YOU'RE AN UNDERAGE B& AND/OR A TURBO normalfag AND/OR A WOMAN

I've not played Morrowind, but Fallout is fucking trash, don't waste your time on it.

Daggerfall master race