==DARKWOOD THREAD==

Whatcha scavenging? Musician or Wolfman? Make it to the wedding or did it pass you by?

If you like Musician, then don't help him.

I'm rolling with Wolfman this game, but he fucked off after I gave him the key and I've been getting massacred by chompers in the Old Woods looking for him since. There's a way there in Dry Meadow, I'm going to try to get in there today

bump

Even if you don't get the invitation, and you figure out the code for the Wedding, you can still go in even if your ready to go to Chapter 2. The box in the first hideout doesn't have much but there is a flashlight and fabric. If you kill Wolf, you can loot his Assault Rifle. If you do Wolf's quest line you can kill him after dealing with the Doctor since the Wolf does not appear in Ch 2 You can also get an Assault Rifle from The Wreckage in Ch 2. If you cheat and open up the two crates at Wolf's second camp, you can get the following: Axe, Shovel, Handgun, Home-made Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine gun and a Pellet Gun along with some ammo. Before you go into Ch 2, bring as much shit as you can, max out your inventory and hot-bars. Bring Lockpicks, ammo, a Shovel, at least one gun, some nails, and healing items. You might also need Scrap Metal, or Planks. Hideout 4 has a lot of broken shit inside and needs to be fortified if you want to last through the night. Spend all the rep you have with the Trader before going into Ch2 since he dies after the first night there
I've managed to beat the game twice for both endings. No word if "the third" ending is still there or if it was dropped.

Wolf is at The Barn, or the place with all the fucking dogs, which is typically in the North of the Old Woods.

>Wolf is super mad that I didn't give him the key and steals some of my stuff in the workbench
>Leaves not saying "Fuck you, if you want your stuff back meet me at the sawmill, faggot."
(I didn't actually notice the note until a few days later)
>Alright, let's go talk to Wolf to get my loot back
>Can't find the sawmill
Screw it, let him keep my scrap metal. I'm having a nice time in these woods anyway

I like the game but fucking chompers, I hate these faggots getting in melee with them is fucking redic.

I wish you could dodge more then just jumping backwards.

Oh yeah, I forgot this had come out and I had downloaded it.
I'll get around to it eventually, I'm just not in a mood for horror games right now. I take it it's a good game ? The top down perspective had me a bit doubtful.

Also

They're why I hate the Old Woods.
I want to bring a gun but I worry about losing it out there

Liberals favorite game, darkwood.

Explain please

Its a dick joke

Got it

How should I be fortifying the hideouts? Just got to the 2nd one and can't figure out what I should be doing to fortify besides blocking windows which get torn down anyways.

I don't bother with it tbh, savages are easy and you set the bird fuckers on fire with a molotov.
Savages give me a bottle and cloth everytime so they =molotovs.

Banshees are rare and give nothing but you don't get those every night.

Don't bother with total fortification past the first hideout. Maybe block a few windows to control access points so you don't get blindsided. Otherwise stay mobile and actively hunt down incoming enemies.

Barricades aren't effective at keeping enemies out of your house once you leave the dry meadow. You want to use barricades to funnel enemies towards an area of the house you think is defensible and focus on killing enemies when they wander onto your property. Fighting one enemy at a time is almost always manageable, it's when you bunker down and enemies pile up through the night that you can get into trouble.

Some events and enemies become VERY dangerous if you've barricaded yourself inside a room with no exit. Instead of fortifying one room heavily, spread out your furniture and barricades so you know enemies will only be able to enter from one direction then patrol along that side. If things get too dicey head back inside. I don't start the night inside my house, but near the well. I patrol till I take too many hits, then heal from the well and retreat back into the hideout to a lamp placed nearby moth perk for round 2. I rarely barricade doors since it's faster to sprint through a door than to climb through a window and if an enemy opens a door it's very noticeable. Glass bottles thrown at doorways make glass traps that will hurt enemies but not you, meaning you can sometimes kill an enemy chasing you if you've done enough damage.

I blocked the bathroom door and the one by the workbench. I blocked the workbench door with a table outside, and put down traps in front of the bathroom door with broken glass on it. They hardly ever came by the workbench door. Got both lights in there but I stick to flares and lanterns, things have gotten a lot better once I built a pistol.

What's worthwhile about moving to hideout 3 besides the oven?Place looks indefensible and I can get there making trips from SF or DM.

If dubs kill pig

Old woods was a mistake.

50 extra rep and nights being scary again

It is, if you're not actively defending your base you will likely die.

Yeah no mate I'm staying in the forest. I'd rather hike out there and back than get raped by chompers every night.

Possible spoilers I guess, just strategy.
I almost never actually saw any enemies in the old woods hideout.

I played a little bit of this game and got a few nights in, but I'm concerned about the availability of resources. Does shit ever re-spawn? Is there a finite amount of wood and metal and mushrooms and shit in the world?

Trader stuff respawns every day but yeah once something's gone it's gone

Well that sucks. Basically you cannot survive forever because eventually there will be nothing left.

It's honestly not a bad thing since it seriously motivates you to keep moving and planning ahead. You can still build a decent stockpile if you're careful with what you use.

Yeah, that can happen. The best thing to do is find objects that you can drag, but don't have any health bar. Ie, Lamps, Chairs, Couches, Church Pews, etc. Block a door way off while leaving it unbarricaded can result in a very quiet night. The only thing to watch out for are the earthquakes, which jumble shit around. I've only had one experience where the quakes didn't fuck me over and that was in ch2 and I was pushed behind two chairs and a lamp with the shotgun. Nothing could touch me.

Nothing but enemies respawn. If you have pilfered everything in the Dry Meadow, its time to move on to the Silent Forest. It sounds daunting when you first do it, but it gets easier to just jump from place to place without really forting up in one or the other. Once you do get to the hideout in the Silent Forest, upgrade your workbench enough so you can make the Shovel. You cannot progress far without one and the nail board is the worst thing you can make.

Once you get good enough you'll worry more about where to store your stuff than running out of supplies. My last game ended with thousands of rep and no where to store all the crap I gathered at the swamp.

You can easily survive forever just on the trader's inventory.

I enjoyed this for around 3 hours. The story kept me interested but the gameplay got really repetitive once everything "spooked" you. Like leading up to scripted events, I'm like, "cool this is a pretty spooky scripted scene, I dig it". but then once the monsters show themselves you deal with them the same way as every other monster.
bait
hit
bait
hit
or if you have a gun
walk back
shoot
walk back shoot

First night in the Old Woods without turning the generator on. 2 huge dogs and a chomper is far better than 3-4 chompers rushing me like the last two nights. Near the end of the night there was something wandering around outside but they didn't make a beeline for me like they've done every night before so I let it be.

Maybe it is my luck, but I haven't ever had a calm night outside of the dry meadow. Even leaving the generator off and staying still in a corner, enemies usually found me. Since it was always near the end of the night, everything that was going to spawn had spawned already and I was getting swamped by savages and dogs. Rather kill them one by one as the night goes on then wait until they become unmanageable.

Such is life in the forest

So glad i didn't play this game. My heart can't handle this.

>find out where the doctor's house is from the chicken lady
I don't think anyone is getting out of the woods

True, but the trader carries everything essential. You'll never run out of the essentials unless you constantly die. Scrap metal was rare for me at first only because I made 2-3 bear traps every night and always tried to keep my weapon at 100% durability which was really wasteful. Now I'm constantly having to run between wardrobes and my workbench because I can't store everything I want to.

It spooks you gently at first. Its getting hectic only because I'm 24 nights in and in the most difficult area accessible so far. Devs put out a free copy on pirate bay which I'm shilling because I don't want this thread to die
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bec5ebccc6c66c9e6e883de4a4e3e74990ca42b5&dn=Darkwood+-+hotfix+3+%28developer%27s+torrent%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

move the mouse to the side and then you'll jump sideways instead, duh

never had a calm night either, even in the meadows
here ya go, keep the thread going too

So I've reached the swamp and spent a few days there. It is much spookier but not as difficult as I expected. I'm drowning in ammo because the axe can handle pretty much anything. The first part of the game really feels like a teaser for whats to come in chapter 2. So many weird and unnerving things to find completely changes the way the game plays out. Now instead of the nights being the focus, daytime becomes much more interesting. Any other games with a setting as fucked as this game? Everything in this world is awful and it only gets worse the further you go

bump

wtf is that?
when I noticed it was animated it actually scared the crap out of me

your reflection in game

Yeah, I downloaded it and did the prologue but I don't think a world this fucked is what I want to play right now.
Also it's strangely long to load.

Yo didn't the dev put a magnet on here a while ago? In the spirit of that, would any of you glorious fags happen to be able to spoon feed a couple of lazy faggots like myself? Cheers

piratebay, lad.

No kidding, I've survived 5 nights in a row so far when back in the Forest it was like every other night something would go wrong. Made for a great feel to see the dawn after fighting through seven fucking human spiders in a row.

Pretty damn smart use of the doors, you didn't go for shrooms, did you? Though there's nothing quite like leaving both a bear trap and broken glass shards in the same spot, much easier to finish them off whilist staying mobile.

I pirated this and the pace feels too rushed. I love rushing home while it gets dark, but days seem too short.

Better think fast muzhik, chompers are at your heels

If you mean mushroom healing, no. If you mean hunting down shrooms during the night, 3rd hideout was giving me a whole a lot of problems during my first nights there so I wasn't as adventurous as I had been in 2nd hideout.

The watch helps you plan better, but the days are short. It helps if you spend the first few days in a new area completely mapping out the locations. Only loot easily accessible things at first like corpses and chests. When you have a good portion of the map filled in then decide during the morning which locations you're going to explore. Any areas with a loading screen will stop time while you explore them, so you don't need to rush in them. Luckily there is no limit to the days you can spend in game.

You're really going to feel it in Chapter 2 when most locations are on the edges of the map.