Atlus USA goes nuclear

Atlus Issued DMCA Takedown Notice To PS3 Emulator Developer Group
archive.is/4nlkQ

Where were you when Atlus USA attempted PR suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vN2vxYnAZf0?t=5025
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

:^)

Has Atlus ever made a game that wasn't grind-2-win, anyway?

I never knew that jews worked at Atlus…
>Atlus USA
Oh, that explains it, then

God damn it Atlus.

They made Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Its jews all the way down.

Looks like he was serious kek

Nothing has actually happened apart from Persona 5 images and compatibility threads being nuked from the RPCS3 site and forums.
Atlus has no legal leg to stand on and they can't do anything beyond filing false DMCAs

Oh good, then I just have to worry about gitting gud.

im crying here

>California

Every fucking time.

oy gevalt

I seriously goddamn hope Calexist becomes a reality so that commieforia can die a great death from their own leftist bullshit.

nice

spacing

fellow

redditor

>banning something because of what it could do rather than what it actually does do

now where have I heard that before?

Atlus has no legal grounds here. Even if emulation weren't protected by law (which it is), Sony would be the party with the rights to issue a DMCA or cease-and-desist. Atlus has no right to interfere.
This would be like Square Enix telling you to stop developing a SNES emulator, just because they made some SNES games in the past. It's absurd.

What else do they expect other than a resounding get fucked? Do they not realize how arrogant they sound when they say 'no version of our game should be playable on a system we didn't pick'? They sound like Blizzard when Blizzard says there's no real interest in servers for old versions of WoW when they actively take down new private servers every single week.

I merely copy/pasted the article, newfriend

What the hell does NISA have to do with Atlus, dumbass

I jumped the gun before reading the whole thing. Atlus only specifically objected to showing P5 running on the emulator. I still think this is hysterical and without legal grounds. But it's not as severe as I thought.

I dont know, could have sworn I read NISA and not atlus. I dont even know how I got those confused.

Now that I think about it, they made Hitler a final boss in Persona 2 implying he is the worst n' stuff with nyarlathotep

Oh suddenly framerate is important, I see…

Hitler was just a rumor that was given life.

It was Fuhrer, and to be precise a rumor.
Holla Forums meming Hitler back to life when?

The money it takes you to upgrade your PC to something that can run RPCS3 decently is more than what a PS3 costs
Unless you already have expensive parts, in which case I don't see why you don't just spend money on a PS3 you rich fuck

I do have a PS3, but I'm not up to date on hacking it.

You cant buy ABC anymore

It's because they're making money off of Whotreon. Technically it's like they're advertising with P5 images.

Don't think it costs too much.

Bleem was a commercial emulator

"Potential" meaning there was no support at all for releasing these games on PC and likely never will be. Emulation is literally the only option for anyone who wanted to play this on PC. Trying to de-platform RPCS3 from Patreon, kill their funding, is an Alinskyite tactic one would expect from Atlus offices in (((commiefornia))). Was there even a single request before this or was it straight to DMCA?

Commie newspeak similar to "We started a conversation" after lying or doing anything sleazy. Any "dialogue" would be in the form of legal action against anyone who admits to using this emulator to play Atlus games. Just saying "release this on PC" as countless people probably have already is meaningless as their only interest now, as made clear by their actions, is in (((shutting it down))).

Wouldn't their independent state die the moment the other states stopped sending them water?

Bleem made a deal with Sony, RPCS3 is an independent affair.

Where did you get that horseshit?
Sony sued Bleem and Bleem won.

It's mostly southern California that is overflowing with human garbage. Northern Cali should recede and form Jefferson state in the unlikely event of Calexit. Then we just sit back and watch them go full Venezuela.

Straight to DMCA. Read the shit.

What we need is legal repercussions for failed DMCAs so people don't just throw them willy nilly.

Props to atlus for wanting people to experience their game the best way possible. That's something sorely missing from the industry.

Too bad it was Atlus USA, but still wants to experience your shekels no doubt

Making money off of an emulator doesn't mean the emulator is illegal. All the code that the people who made the emulator uses is either made from scratch by the team, or images/firmware that should be ripped off of a console or game you officially own. They state repeatedly they don't encourage piracy and it's perfectly legal for me to take images off of something I own and make copies for myself. It becomes illegal once I start selling or distributing said copies, which again, the emulator isn't doing.
See Bleem lawsuit case where Bleem won.

Oh I mixed it up. Randy Linden and Sean Kauppinen went on to work with Sony afterwards, but the project wasn't supported.
Either way you're proving the point commercial emulators aren't usually allowed.

If your principles are more valuable than saving hundreds of dollars, go for it.

How
By providing an example which was legally protected and won?
Are you fucking stupid?

Never said that. They settled on targeting usage of P5's imagery to promote it.

By proving they battled it. My point isn't who's legally on the right, just on what corps don't like.

No shit they wanna get paid. To me its like having a director insist the true vision of their film is a black and white version. Nice to see some conviction.

And lost
Corps don't like you not paying them either. Can't do shit about that.

The PS3 version of Persona 5 has screen tearing and slowdown not present in the PS4 version in case you were serious and not just pretending to be retarded.

But they didn't, not even on the website, Atlus gave the exact reason why they wanted to DMCA and never even mentioned using Persona 5 promotional material.
Atlus only ever specifically mentioned that the blogpost that gave details on how to bypass the DRM was what warranted the DMCA and nothing whatsoever about the promotional material. However, when the team making RPCS3 talked to Patreon about how to avoid getting into deep shit. Patreon advised them to remove any and all mentions of Persona 5 just to make sure to cover their asses in case this goes to court. Atlus never mentioned them infringing on their promotional material, they just took down anything relating to Atlus because Patreon advised them to.

As they should.
No shit. Now calm your titties down.

How about you stop spreading your uninformed kike apologia first?

I told you to take a breather.

Thank you for agreeing with me, they didn't take down the Persona 5 mentions because Atlus cared or even mentioned it, it was to take away any chance at all for Atlus to have even a possibility of trying to start shit.

Programming for a specific device is DRM now?

Where does it say that Atlus told them to do it?
No matter how many times you paraphrase "u mad" it isn't going to make you any less wrong.

The blogpost in question was
DRM protection in this case I believe they're referring to is in order to get the file you need custom firmware and software tools to get said files off of the original PS3. That statement didn't refer to the programming that the emulator uses but rather how to get the file for the emulator to use in the first place. Which is still bullshit but different bullshit

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I never said Atlus told them to do it. I said making money off of a project is what caught their attention. Atlus never sent a DMCA to the PS2 emulator even though a bunch of their games work there.

Well Anons, it is a lot worse as you might know. In the last few years, I think it was 3 or 4 years ago, the emu community got co-opt too. Not exactley the same way as with the comic or gamer community. I guess it was just a sideeffect or something. Anyway, the thing is, something happened within the emu community. A little bubble grew, full with milenias, normalfags and the typical managmant peeps from the corrupt clique. First you saw good things happen, well mostly good things, depends how you would see it. You saw a great push in the nintendo emu scene, cemu, citra, pcsx3 and even mednafen got a great push with SS emulation. But you know, the emu community is actually unknown and nobody can say how big it is actually. And within this little univers there are a lot cabals, clique and what not. Many of you didn't notice it, but there was something strange with Launchbox, a tool designed to manage in a nice way your games, advertise on all emulation channles. Well, the crew behind launchbox splitted up out of nowhere, at the same time one of a well know emu youtuber stop making vide

sorry, i can't say more. Maybe thats enough what i wrote. Anons, things are very bad within the emu scene. very bad.

They'll exit the US but they'll be in charge and you'll have to pay for their water.

Holy fucking shit….I've seen some shit in my day, but that pic got to me big time.

Nah but Etrian Odyssey is pretty good.

EVERY
TIME

While everyone is hating on Atlus USA I'm fairly certain this is a case like with them not allowing streaming it videos of persona 5. Japan told them to do it and they had to comply, it just makes it easy easier instead of having a foreign company deal with copyright stuff. I mean Japan and games rights is fucking ass backwards. Renting games in Japan is illegal because Nintendo lobbied the government back in the 90s. They are also a lot more stringent on piracy crackdown, mostly because Japanese Police don't have a lot of real come to deal with.

this

It was Hitler in the original version. The PSP port had to censor his name for legal reasons.
And yes, the moral of the story was that the public has an unhealthy obsession with Hitler and spreads too many crazy rumors about him.

fucking what?

In Japan apparently, one like here and another kike there. Japanese may be mathematically intelligent, but logically, I'd be confident to say otherwise.

Like?

Yeah you think Nintendo is bad now in the 80s and 90s they were monsters and actively used the government to squash competition. They also tried lobbied to make rentals illegal in the states but they couldn't get it through. They did though take Anna in front of Congress and try to convince everyone that making games that aren't for children it let to the esrb.

setting up a fucking patreon page. you aren't fooling anyone by calling it "donations"

"Like?" obviously referred to the copyright part

What does that have to do with copywritten material?

like using a rom of persona 5 to show off your emulator while making money off of it which can be essentially justified as people are paying the mod maker so they can play persona 5

You need to leave

What the fuck are you talking about?
Dumping games is perfectly legal.

dumping games is legal, making money off of it is not

They aren't making money off of dumping games. They don't even distribute the games.

I knew nintendo were total cocksuckers for a long time (and maybe still are) but making rentals illegal and lobbying to do the same in the states is a level of fuckery I cannot begin to wrap my head around. Would've been a neat fight with the pricks at Blockbuster though I bet.

>bought Nep 1 on steam Steam giftcard, before you ask
At last I truly see

except they are making money using patreon while using dumped games footage to advertise the emulator. the lesson to take away from any of this is once money gets involved your open to all sorts of lawsuits regardless of how in the right you are

This makes no sense, people are going to pay for copies of the game regardless of the platform they are planning to run it on. Besides Atlus USA is not a big company like Nintendo so they won't be able to handle all the negative PR

If Atlus is setting this precedent you might see Nintendo doing something similar before too long, the Cemu devs rake in about 215k annually and they've been pitching it as "the Breath of the Wild emulator" for months now.

That's a really circuitous way to claim they're infringing on any copyright. Although maybe you have a really nuanced understanding of "copywrite" law or something.

And? You still haven't provided any copywrite issue.
Its perfectly legal to dump the game and run it in an emulator.
In fact, its legal to even monetize the footage.

This is like saying security researchers aren't allowed to breach security of anything, even in controlled environments, coz "hacking is bad guyz"

pick two

they technically aren't, its a grey area of law and only get around it with extreme trust with companies where the company agrees they wont sue the hacker and the hacker agrees to notify and help fix any security issues

only if the footage is transformative. nintentdo already got into this with let's plays. however this is not a lets play, its just straight footage

Its the asian curse.

Then they should arrest everyone who studies it as a career because they must've done some practice with it.
The point is these laws are stupid

Nope. That only applies on lets plays. Emulator footage is for documentation purposes and nintendo cannot C&D them for it.
Also Nintendo no longer C&Ds or demonetizes videos anymore. You seem to be full of half baked knowledge bursting at your seems with bullshit.

the state of jewry and SJW

The real point is no such laws exist and the retard is just making a fool of himself.

likewise

Are the commies stepping up their secession plan?

go do it then, tell me how long you last

If you actually cared about reddit spacing you would have complained about it ever since reddit's inception and not only recently because some other fags complained about it and you though it was cool to complain about it.

You haven't actually made an argument on how they are using someone else IP.
Recording footage of a game you own isn't considered copyright infringement even in the USA.

OP's post is formatted very obnoxiously. Reddit spacing or not, he should get his shit together.

That I agree with, they're like 3 sentences wide. Jeez

Now that I've actually read this article…
I'd like to play your games on an emulator, the same way I always have, thanks.

Don't give me that shit, all that's saying is "yes we do see you want it but our market shares tell us no."

Hold up, so is the RPCS3 team going to halt development or not? Because I will be pissed if I don't get to play GoW3 full speed on my PC cuz some shitty weeb shit shovelware publisher got mad at them.

Just don't pay attention to them. It's pure PR bullshit. They won't release games for PC for now.

as i said money opens all sorts of doors. the statement is p5 should not be playable at all because that's circumventing copy protection and if the idiots didn't have a patreon it would be fine

wait a minute, that bullshit…

Don't be silly, girl. It wouldn't be cheaper if you actually had to buy the games and play them legally, you chip the system for that.

So now you're moving your goalposts from copyright law to a meaningless PR statement?
Atlus knows it has no legal leg to stand on. Practically nothing has changed apart from a bunch of images being removed from the site. The emulator can still run Persona 5, the videos showcasing that are still up and the developers of that emulator are still collecting money from their patreon.

so now you're moving goalposts saying infringing IP is not infringing because they only got a takedown notive for now

Define "fine". Legally it's fine either way since Atlus hasn't accomplished shit, they just took down some images.

Patreons aren't donations now?

You still haven't shown how they are "infringing IP"
Atlus sent a DMCA to Patreon, not to RPCS3. The patreon is still up so their "takedown notice" got ignored.

if you're doing it for free you can almost do whatever you want. look at chapter master, look at that unofficial pokemon game. think about where they fucking crumbled, when they asked for money

Did this nigger delete his account? Because I can't find the channel or post anywhere.

You're not making any sense, you don't have a point. Law didn't stop them, all they had to do was remove some images. They're "fine" either way by making off of it or not. Making money only annoyed them a little but didn't stop them

This is constantly the case. Some guy is making "infinite map" shit for Mario 64, so you can play on massive levels, but he's explicitly asking for money on Patreon to do just this, not something nebulous like "help fund my research and development into the deepest recesses of the Nintendo 64 and other game consoles".
Autism is all about not being able to think outside of the box or extrapolating human reactions.

then how is atlus going full jew, doesn't that make this a non-news story?

You're putting in money for a product or service.

A donation is when you give someone money just to give them money.

Technically, patreon users can lose funding if they just sit on their ass. But lazy people find ways to "technically" get paid to do nothing

By attempting to do it anyway? They couldn't achieve it but they wanted the emulator to be unable to play P5. Are you dense or do you have brain damage?

it was a joke post m8

You have to pay the Patreon to get that product or service? Is that how it works now?

depends on case by case basis. Like you be a cosplay slut and only give pictures to patrons or you can have a fund to just support your work while giving out the work for free.
Akabur and RPCS3 were latter. Cemu is a mixture of both.

gee i wonder where these donations are going? this person probably has a lot of projects on the go and none of this money is going the thing infringing IP

its a long process, wait and see atlus's reaction for someone ignoring a takedown

You can change the subject all you want but it doesn't change the fact that you're spewing bullshit

DMCA takedowns are instantaneous or nonexistent
Are you a Fatlus fanboy?

thanks for ignoring context. +1 autism points for you

I thought so. Thanks for actually telling me how it works instead of chimping out like some nigger with no sense of nuance.

Kikeron already told them to fuck off. They tried to take down their Kikeron account because they know they have no legal basis to go after them otherwise.

Just don't reply to his next autism.

Good on Atlus USA!
They have the right to protect their handmade intellectual property from thieves and if you don't like it, feel free to leave, your kind isn't welcome in this gaming community!

Praise Atlus!

What did he mean by this

This exact same thing is what was brought up in Sony Computers USA vs BLEEM in regards to screenshot comparisions between consoles and emulators. In addition, Bleem was actually selling it's emulator on a disc that you could purchase, so Bleem can't even pull the "it was donations guys!" They won that case, the exact situation you mentioned here already has legal precedent and it's fair use.

What did he mean by this?

Bleem already set a legal precedent that emulators can be for profit so I'm uncertain what you're talking about.

Be quiet, user. You'll interrupt him while he's deepthroating Sony.

Shouldn't have opened a fucking patreon.

They protected their intellectual property and that's all that matters.
If you want to make billions, make your own games and don't steal from hard working boys and girls from atlus USA!

How? RPCS3 is still receiving funds. It still plays Persona 5. Atlus got BTFO by Patreon.

You do know that Patreon told Atlus to fuck off instead of the emulator devs right? I don't even think the emulator devs are going to go to court for this since they removed everything that Atlus was actually able to take down as opposed to the emulator itself.

They opened a patreon and advertised their shit everywhere, a lot of the emulator and fan game projects get shut down that way, they need to go with bitcoins or some other shit, because you don't need to announce this to the whole world that you're getting money on these projects, because I still remember Jewtendo fucking with the emulation community with DMCAs and their legal team hounding sites.

I think your enter key may be broken

Holy shit user, what are you doing?

(You)'re working for Atlus, aren't (you)?

That's indeed what called Atlus' attention, but it achieved nothing, so there's no problems with using it.

atlus just managed to make themselves look bad with this.
they clearly have no intention of making their games available on pc and pretending they'll cater to pc users just makes them liars.

This indeed did get Atlus's attention, then Patreon told them to fuck off, and now it's only resulted in removing one blog post and mentions of Persona 5 in any compatibility lists while still being compatible.

You shouldn't post on Holla Forums if you expect intelligent people

I am not surprised to see children here fail to grasp such easy concepts as being payed for youre hard work and not having other steal your bread, like this kid here as well

How sad!

I love emulators, i'm using one right now. But anyone who uses a fucking patreon or other public donation system is retarded.

Advertising content illegally modified and ran without the creators consent, and then asking for money is just asking for problems. Even as someone who frequently checks the Pokecommunity threads for new romhacks and fangames if any were to ask for donations then i'd expect to see them cancelled and it only being their own fault.

Good riddance, maybe that'll teach other emulation groups to not be so fucking retarded.

user they're still updating RPCS3 and getting paid on patreon.

Whoever though it was a good idea to set up a patreon acount to financially support himself while basically pirating a vidya console has none but himself to blame

Then maybe they should have released it on the console in the first place.

Patreon is still allowing them to have an account get paid, and keep updating. Man the Atlus USA shills are strong today. All this (1) and done.

At some point you have to stop and ask yourself if it's worth it to throw idiots who can't read a bone and thus perpetuate their behavior and see them being idiots in many more threads or just ignore them and let them die without their (You)s as you should.

Maybe Atlus should stop having day 1 on-disc DLCs.

Not all (You)s are created equal, my friend.

They are here to set up a false consensus and damage control for their masters.
There is a reason why its all (1) and done whose posts contradict everything in the thread.

Nigga's there's nothing to argue over here, this shit was settled in court years ago, the most this dev wll have to do is stop using Persona 5 as an example.

Emulators have long been considered legal, so they're just fucking retarded for trying to pick this fight.

There's no false consensus if nobody replies to them. There's a whole discussion where that same subject already got sorted out just above that anyone can read. The only misunderstanding here is thinking replying to them does anything good for you.

How else am I supposed to get that dopamine rush from calling someone a retard?

If you think about, Bleem probably got around this by never using images of games in their products and advertisements. Did they?

Is your immediate dopamine worth the cancer on the long run?

There is a specific section in the lawsuit case about whether or not bleem was allowed to use in game screenshots and compare it to their emulator. Court ruled screenshots were fair use for comparative advertising.

Except they did.
What the fuck do you think the multiple lawsuits were about?

Why would someone continue to act the same after being called stupid by multiple people, though? It doesn't make sense.

Because they're being paid to shill for Atlus.

No they clearly had pictures of Gran Turismo, Tekken, Crash and Metal Gear on their products.
The Judgement was if it's a software that claims it can allow the software to run it should be allowed to display that on the product.

How is this posible?
i'm baffled they haven't been hammered by antipirate copyright shills

These guys aren't very bright.

So then why would they stop posting if they're being paid for it?

Get the info you want, move on. Only idiots get emotionally affected on the internet.

I see, thanks. Seems like the RPCS3 devs could've fought even that on court if they had the money/cared

>acting like I don't want to get an emotional rise out of idiots

You're not too bright, are you?

They don't stop posting they switch IPs to make it look more like a consensus and to avoid spending too much time under one persona to shill. They're not trained to make persuasive arguments their here to build false consensus and astro-turf.

I'm happy when weebs don't get nice things.

There's the possibility they're trolls/shills so you're the idiot for replying.
Besides, we're talking about the people being called idiots here; there's no reason to take insults on the internet seriously.

I'm happy when you waste time achieving nothing.

I guess you're right, they just won't stop coming.

i'm neither troll nor shill
i simply assumed emulators are illegal seing how corporations want to make everything free illegal
Nintendo is taking down ROMs whenever it can, youtuver have an unspocken taboo about using or mentioning emulators seriously, i've heard more "Hitler did nuffin rong" jokes than i heard vidya e-celebs mention emulators
i had no idea that emulators had some how survived the litigious fangs of voracious megacorps

Legalanon mind pointing out how copyrights, trademarks, and IPs are likely to significantly differ? Because to my knowledge they'd have legal bullshit stacked on their IP.
What I'm getting at, and from this statement is:
Either Atlus NA is schizophrenic or they had the lawyers on retainer type this up.

Although reading on..
So they're claiming the emulator is their property now?

No, they're stating the DRM protection is theirs and the emulator being a means to circumvent it is infringing on their protection. Which, is bullshit, as the emulator itself doesn't crack it but it needs to be cracked from the PS3 console in a completely separate process.

Why do you idiots keep replying to every single baiter on this post, you are all fucking retarded

Shitposting is magical, user.

Holla Forums is an affectionate board, no posts go without replying.
Have a smooch

Real talk: why does Atlus never port their games to PC? People like their games, and casuals will easily eat up Persona, so why not? It's easy money.

They apparently made Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 playable on PC. And they also had an MMO in Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE. So it wouldn't be their first time. The fact they had a running MMO and yet they're still so averse to PC releases boggles my mind a little.

Well, at least we know the PS2 autist works for Atlus USA now.

Exclusivity deal with Sony, they don't think sales will offset the cost of porting to PC and advertising, etc. Could be anything.

Wait one sec, it wasn't Shin Megami 1 and 2 specifically I need to look up the two games again.

IMAGINE wasn't made by Atlus though, it was made by CAVE.

Persona 1 was also made for PC but it was jap exclusive.

This is what the "support the devs" attitude got us. We have assholes defending multi-million dollar companies at the expense of everyday hackers that just want to keep playing their games well into the future.

Shit, you'd better talk to the employers of the devs at their day jobs. I bet they'd hate to know their money is directly responsible for helping these criminals pay rent while they commit crimes.

Anyone giving a shit about fatlus?

Atlus are faggots and Patreon actually had some integrity for once because both free and commercial emulators are legal in the US, however it must be said that OP is a gigantic cock sucking faggot for not taking two seconds to delete some fucking paragraph breaks in his copy paste job.

Atlus hate PC gaming. Even their own.

Exclusive deals only concerns other consoles, they know the PC master race clientele is different from the console peasants one, but also far much harder to please and far more likely to kick out a shitstorm.

Excellent they're fighting assholes, let alone assholes that give money to SJW Patreon.

If you're infringing on intellectual property, at least have the decency to not take money.

They took money, they're cheating scumbags, they deserve more than a takedown, they deserve jail time.

It's pretty much the equivalent of someone reuploading a game and charging money, like paid piracy.

It's not harder to code for PC

Glad I imported Persona

I need a shot in foot image or that guy on the bicycle with a stick

You're blatantly wrong and you know it. Get out of here, shill scumbag.

checked

Yes, a lot of Patreons give extra rewards like Kickstarter.

In general if you're making money from it = commercial

Sempai the takedown failed though Patreon told them to fuck off. And Bleem already proved that commercial emulator are legal as well.

Satan confirmed.

This has been said many times in the thread already, why not just ignore dumbposting?

They are employing children now?

if they didnt infringe than fine. But I hate that when some faggot scumbag with Jewtreon comes here to bitch about him getting what he deserves. Last time it was some pokemon game.

Hate having such mixed feelings about a company. I guess this makes sense from a "Protecting your IPs" perspective, but a smarter move would be targeting the ROM/ISO sites and not the emulator devs.

I somehow highly doubt that's the reason.

Ripping the image off your own CD and emulating it shouldn't be an issue, but come on. We all fucking know what we use emulators for, and download the ROMs/ISOs free. Don't act like you're on the totally legal side when it's very likely you're just trying to have a free console game on PC.

You can still find the Android version out there. It's far from perfect, but it's not bad for a mobile game.

never change

An emulator has proven to be legal in court, there is no case here.
Retard.

False equivalence.

Just remind (((them))) of mario x rabbids.

but is it really? They both made autistic fanboys of their respective platforms shit themselves.

All Atlus titles I've ever played were through emulators.

You realize the reddit spacing thing only has happened in recent years. and the only people who would know about it or people from reddit.

is right, people who complain about it have done so only recently..

This. Pawn shops will literally throw 7th gen consoles at you to get them off of the shelves.

Whenever this board happens to defend shit like this will be the time I leave it except the Nintentoddlers, fuck them for defending shit like this everytime and I hope Mark chokes on the Nitendo dick he fellates everyday while defending such types
I love you Holla Forums

Pawn shops? Do I look like an Amerilard to you?

Silly localization company, pretending they have any meaningful role in video games.

They already admitted that they don't have a leg to stand on, it's pretty simple. Tell them to fuck off and go back to working on it. A DMCA isn't even meant for this type of thing, this is the type of thing that you send a cease and desist over, and even then that'd only be relevant if they were distributing copies of Persona games. They're not, they're just working on an emulator, the actual games are up to the user to provide, whether via a Blu-Ray drive or with an ISO.

Also this is why you shouldn't buy Fatlus games. Just cause you CAN play them doesn't mean you should. Imagine if Nintendo had tried to do this with the Wii-U emulator when they were advertising releases specifically to play Legend of Skyrim.

3DS games are free though.

The problem is that they'll get you to waste your time and money on legal fees to stop you. What's best to do is just pretend to comply and release it anonymously when you're done.

good luck with that.

YOU FUCKING KIKES

t. Atlus USA

Your bait is so weak it's almost sad.

Yes, I'm sure CNN, Fox, Polygon, PCGaymer, they all care so much about this issue. People will be RIOTING IN THE STREETS, truly they are committing PR suicide.

Fuck off, the emulator is free.

Even ledditors aren't defending this shit
You should be damage controlling there not here.

Atlus would only have a legal foothold if they had an agreement to NOT make their games playable on the emulator. Platform licensing doesn't work in the direction they're attempting to exercise it in

Did I say even once that I agree with what they're doing? Learn to read you imbecile.

Of course.

Reported.

Way to show your new.

I'm just going to say it baffles me how little people know about their vidya related laws, and I'm not even american.
Making an emulator is 100% legal and so is selling it. This has been discussed so many times here that I sure hope you fucks are underage because you have no other excuse.

The second time someone is trying o abuse DMCA without knowing what it's for. I feel their right to do that should be revoked if they don't understand the law they are trying to threaten people with.

where were you when another instance of extreme hyperbole on this shit board? I can guarantee you that literally nobody but a miniscule portion of the gaming userbase even remotely gives a shit

It's a mystical experience, really.

Shills need to come up with some new material.

If you're gonna keep bumping this shitty ass thread that has absolutely nothing left to discuss and only gets bumped by retards saying dumb shit that already got debunked, at least post some porn while you're at it

Get out newfag. But you're still right, as the image is younger than since we switched.

Go back to cuckchan.

wew

Roger.

I wasn't ready for this

But, user, I promised myself that I wouldn't fap today.

Stay strong.

o im laffin

Maybe you haven't been here long enough to know, but that isn't a cuckchan file name, its a standard file name that pretty much every imageboard uses. Kill yourself.

I won't teach you how to fit in but your newfaggotry is extremely obvious.

nice

And that's pretty much all they have to do to satisfy the DMCA really. Just remove references to Fatlus games. Now any kind of case would be dismissed with prejudice. Great job, Atlus, you've managed to be a pest, I sure hope you feel proud.

Imagine if FromSoft had filed a DMCA because now you can emulate Demon's Souls on PC. They didn't do that, because they're not fucking retarded.

They don't own the IP

Not exclusively no, but they do have some ownership in the intellectual property. It would take both Sony and FromSoft to develop another Demon's Souls game, because it's not quite as simple as "Sony owns it, so they can hand it off to Bungee if they fucking wanted to." FromSoft has a joint ownership of the IP rights. I'm sorry, is copyright law this complicated for people?

We're not talking about Silicon Knights here, we're talking about an established company who knows better than to just sign away their rights to a franchise.

Calm down munter.

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING

But of course

all companies are shitty scumbags, no matter what they do. At the end of the day, all of them want your money. I realized even Arc systems, one of my favorite companies, is nothing but the same.

Pirate everything and only buy if you really really enjoy it and think it deserves money to encourage another game of that quality.

PORN INCLUDED
T W E L V E

Devs have already been PAID by the publisher, they get no residuals for sold copies. As a developer they should be pleased that more people are playing their game.
You're wrong in assuming we're children and you're wrong on everything else you just said because you have no idea how this meat-grinder of an industry works.

I remember you. You posted a tremendously retarded thing once, at least one year ago.
I got my eyes on you, punk.

Oh shit

Imagine writing this out and thinking emulators aren't constantly updated to try and fix these issues.

You can take your intellectual property and shove it up your ass you fucking blatantly shilling moronic idiot. It is completely LEGAL to make emulators and even 100% legal to make a copy of a video games/movie/ software/ anything for personal use and archival purposes.
GET THE FUCK OUT AND GO BACK TO REDDIT YOU SCUMSHIT!

More like imagine writing this knowing that the game has unpatched bugs that only modders care to fix, that the PS3 version runs at a choppy ~20fps with ludicrously bad drops in the rain, and the game actually has a few crash bugs on consoles that are again unpatched. All of which can and will be fixed on the emulated release because modders actually care about fixing things, wheras Atlus already has their money and couldn't give less of a shit. Atlus is wrong about literally everything in their post about why they DMCA'd RPCS3.

Really gets the noggin' joggin'.

People used double space for better textflow at the very least since 2008 when I started shitposting in 4chan and no one gave a shit. Only newfags like you care.

I still remember the insane amount of Nintendo shills months ago on Holla Forums. This board somehow purified itself by time. Hope somewhat regained.

I still remember the insane amount of Nintendo shills months ago on Holla Forums. This board somehow purified itself by time. Hope somewhat regained.

But user the only faggots who cocksuck Atlus are Sonyggers which thankfully are pretty much contained on cuckchan.
Nintentoddlers still suck the the N, the BO included.

You guys have the screencaps of the SEGA battle?

I got a whole smug folder they can barrow.

why are people so open about their progress with things like that these days?

to get dem patreon bucks

And I suppose that the universe is also infringing on their IP by not including special exceptions to the laws of physics to prevent such games from being playable?

i too like to blame god

Don't try to pose as an oldfag, newfag.

He's right though this happens alot and even I use it from time to time to space out ideas and thoughts when posting. Only in recently has the "reddit spacing" meme become a thing. The only people who won't acknowledge that tend to be cross-site shitters from cuckchan trying to make people believe the meme always existed.

It's like a half year old and no one but redditors flips out over that shit because no one but redditors would know about the formatting of that site.

They tend to stick to Switch threads. It wouldn't surprise me if those were all just one guy sockpuppeting.

Fug, sorry I was trying to meant Atlus Shills. And sorry for doubleposting, at the time I was posting the Holla Forums server was fucked and gave me an error message.

I don't know man. Nintendo shills love to spread FUD everywhere too and it wouldn't surprise me if they're defending this shit elsewhere.

Yes, we can see no thinking was involved on your part inbetween, no need to spell it out

I remember when devs did things pro bono and not for patreon sheckels

(checked)
I just donated. Fuck Atlus, and fuck Sony too for that matter.

Fuck yes bump this 3 days old thread with nothing new or relevant to say that hasn't been already discussed or poor attempts at bait.

t.Fatlus cocksucker

Fuck yes another bump for no fucking reason because I got (You)!!!!

Why would anyone play those shitty games to begin with?

This is maybe the most known emulator demonstration.
youtu.be/vN2vxYnAZf0?t=5025
I can't embed with the timecode here so skip to or use the link
01:23:45

you do realize Holla Forums re-added names by timestamp right?

You do realize that they are shorter than the ones cuckchan uses right?

Why doesn't Atlus just frame the emulator devs for racism? Patreon will have them kicked in no time.

You do realize that pointing out the source of someone's fucking reaction image is ad hominem, and not an argument, right? You do realize that everyone here originally came FROM 4CHAN and brought thousands of images with them, right? You do realize you people are fucking asinine children who can't be bothered to have a rational conversation, right?

You can tell from the timestamp whether they are from before the exodus or not, dumbass. Anyone who still continues to use 4chan to this day does not belong here any more than a redditor does.

Why do you care so much about this that you can tell at a glance whether a filename that's just a bunch of numbers is recently created or not? Couldn't your time be better spent ACTUALLY REFUTING ARGUMENTS INSTEAD OF ATTACKING CHARACTER, YOU USELESS FUCKING CUNT?

Why are you so upset unless you're also cuckchan scum?