Is MHW actually what it seems to be?

So, positioning, timing and having a sound understanding of the monster's behavior and moveset isn't really important anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No,sir. Sorry you lost a series dear to you. Happened to me with quake so I know how you feel.

You literally get ostracized and insulted when even criticizing this game, even as a fan since MH1. It's like the fanbase has become what they condemned for years. Remember how everyone gave MHO shit for damage numbers? Now the fanbase defends:

You could just shit post in the monster hunter thread instead of making a whole thread ya know.

I didn't know neogaf marketers were fans.

It's a slow, gradual heal that stops when you're hit and there is no longer any zoning to heal in complete safety. There's so fucking god damn many monster hunter games with 1000's of fucking hours of what you want, the series finally takes a tiny fucking change and you pop your autistic lid.

nintentoddlers on suicide watch, right?

Hello, I actually play Monster Hunter. No, it's not a tiny change. It's a huge change. Positioning yourself properly and knowing exactly when to take potions was always a fun test of understanding the monster/experience and patience. I'd even go so far as to say that this is where most of the difficulty from Monster Hunter derived from and why most people died.

Fuck off sonygger, being able to spring while healing is bullshit.

Have they finally made the game fun and not a boring skinner box?

While the games are certainly grind heavy and are skinner boxes in some ways, the reason you play MH has always been that the core gameplay loop contains fun, rewarding gameplay. Yes, you'll probably still have to fight a monster several times in a row to get the materials for it's weapon and armour set. If this turns you off, you're not the target audience.

But that's exactly what user said, there's one change you don't like and you pop your autistic lid.

It's coming out on CP, right, so pirate it and try it out.

Try again GAFnigger

A litany of changes that effect core gameplay is not "one change". Are you going to address the changes, or just take a shit on that "one change" strawman?

It is literally only shills that defend that, the fanbase hates all of that.

But that's wrong. It still fully heals you, the graphic just takes time to display it. If you somehow get hit during, it just deducts from what your HP would be with the healing added on, making it look like it was interrupted.
Yes there is. You can teleport to any of multiple base camps and heal for free, plus restock on all your items so you effectively have infinite potions per hunt.

Not quite true - most fans I've seen are skeptical about MHW, but there are definitely a far few who have high hopes due to the series finally being released from the curse of Nintendo hardware. I admire their optimism.

The only people I've seen with anything positive to say about World either outright hate MonHun or are trapped in the console wars mindset.

Just look how they cucked it!
CLIMBING WITH EGGS KILLED IT.
QTE FINISHERS
JUMP ATTACKS

Oh wait that's MH4…

Series was casualized since "Tri". Freedom Unite fans have to go. Bye bye.

I don't understand. Do I need a shit-smearing retard level IQ to believe this game wasn't casualized?

The entirety of all the normalfag forums and also /mhg/ on cuckchan with ~500 active people shill for this game and collectively insult you when even just entertaining the thought of expressing criticism.

So, not fans. Normalfags don't play video games, they just buy what they're told to buy for social cred.

You could have said "portable hardware" and be mostly correct, but alas, you had to reveal your hand.
I want a monster hunter on PC too. World ain't fucking it. I was skeptical the very moment they announced the open world format, which has no reason to work well with the formula, and every further change announced broadcasts nobody doing this shit has any understanding of monster hunter. If I'm going to play something that looks like monster hunter but doesn't have any of the satisfaction of a hunt, weight to the monsters, and just plays like a bog standard beat-em-up with bigger mobs, I'll just go play Toukiden or God Eater.

"Oh no, optional game in the series that is obviously a spin off since they're still doing the MHXX stuff is hurting my feelings because it is easier than it should be. I know 100% how easy the game is because of my telepathy into magical video footage. Therefore i will sit and whine and complain because people like what i dont like despite it being a completely optional game and if i wanted the good old version of the game, apparently something magical is stopping me from playing it."

Sounds about right? You do realize that video games are made for companies to make cash and if they limit themselves to just you fanboys that's less cash they can drain out of people.

But you know, all being said, i guess there's something magical stopping you from pirating it on PC as well when that time comes.

What a cancerous, nonsensical post. I hope it's bait.

I want to point out, though, that this is actually what every single post on 4chan looks like when you criticize the game over there.

Oh boy a game made for Japanese school children is being casualised?

They outright said in interviews that World is 'Monster Hunter 5'

Don't care.

Even if World looked remotely playable, PC's Cuckanese exclusive anyway, so I'd be getting it on PS4. That said, this thing is such a piece of shit, I don't want to even pirate it.

Yep, it's gone down in hardcoreness from Japanese school child to Western MLG tournament pro.

Yeah, I'm sure the Japanese children are the reason they're doing this.

I'm going to assume you were using my post mainly as a jumping pad to express your own opinion, because I agree with everything you've said there.

You niggers all got tricked.
Capcom told you this was a new MonHun, but it was actually a new Dragon's Dogma.

What's wrong with that? Dragon's Dogma is awesome

Who is the target audience then? autistic faggots?

I agree with
We all know that's false though. To be fair, while this is definitely some sort of casualization, it doesn't have to be break the gameplay if the enemies are made with this in mind. Does healing take longer for example if you sprint instead of standing?

You're full of shit, check embed related, he goes to heal and the roar interrupts him causing to completely waste a potion, later on he also starts healing and cancels it with a roll, causing to lose the amount of total health he was going to get back.
You can't teleport from anywhere you want, you can't also teleport when you have the monster attacking you, also if I recall some camps are hidden and you can't teleport to them.
So, like sleeping in every other monster hunter?
You finally made a good point, if you can access your inventory box at any time during a hunt then it's shit, however, since they said that you will be able to complete different quests through the camp I hope that this is only accessible after completing a quest.

World is still a fucking mess and I agree that being able to heal while sprinting to be too much, but at least know what you're talking about.
The thing that I'm still mostly pissed off about World is the sound design, it sounds MHO levels of bad.

You mean like Skyrim and FO4? Look at how hard those games are.

People who like the gameplay portion of the video game. Feel free to scoff at that gameplay if it makes you feel better.

I fucking wish it was a new Dragon's Dogma, then we'd actually get a good game.

so… autistic faggots?

I wish.

How's that preorder?

The gameplay isn't nothing but a total grindfest, though. You're an arrogant, witless cunt.

Whatever help you sleep at night.

A fun and fulfilling session of Monster Hunter helps me sleep at night, user~

Its funny cause Monster Hunter World is still less casual than Toukiden series and God Eater series.
I think its getting easier and easier to please people playing other monster hunter clones like those.
Toukiden was the worst of the worst. It brought literal mmo-tier people to the genre, because you just need to always click your enemies to the death instead of even thinking, since alone its impossible to play, and with a group you aren't even truly playing. Like Skyrim on novice.

Haven't bothered with this game ever since they released the class teasers.
Anything good released since then? Any information that I should know?
Currently watching video embed in

What if MHW is specifically made for fans of Dragon's Dogma, to please them, because PC and Playstation players never played true monster hunter game? But they played "that other capcom title".

I'm not surprised, a boring monotonous game would help me sleep too

When PS2 was, granny? In 2004? Nobody lived during your times of youth.
Market doesn't remember ps2 games.

You should reread my post.

Who the fuck cares about minor bullshit like that?

Everytime

Thought they said you could walk while healing but not spirit. Maybe a skill allows you to spirit and heal?

This, zero difficulty, shit animations and gameplay are minor issues.

True, who dares take issue with changing the franchise from Monster Hunter to Piñata Whacker? God damn entitled gamers.

The sad thing is you could say this anywhere, even on cuckchan and especially on NeoGAF, and 99% the replies would be "I WISH!" Dragon's Dogma is such overrated garbage.

Doesn't matter how bad and casualized World will be, it will still be 500 times better than Dragon's Dogma in literally every single way there is, especially combat.

Just watch this webm.

And don't get fooled. There aren't cool monsters in Dragon's Dogma everywhere. 99% the time you see bandits, wolves and boring cyclops.

*right

But yeah, this is probably the direction Capcom is going with MH.

I never thought I'd see Monster Hunter get fucked this hard while having people here completely defend it. There has to be some serious fucking shilling going on, or maybe there are some absolutely ignorant retards that simply can't help themselves from posting about this game when they know nothing of the series.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but all of the negatives you post about MHW seem like positives for me. Then again I understand if it is a DmC type situation for you who enjoy the original series. In the same sense I might defend RE tank controls to the death in a lot of cases, but can still see how and why other input types can be superior.

That is Holla Forums, no?

What a waste of dubs my dude. Smh.

Objectively, no.

That is me, no?

Man I don't know, are you over the age of 18 and you applied for mortgage so you could play video games and shit post about them on a internet board? If so then probably not.

You are only pretending to be retarded?

Are you living in the same universe as the rest of us?

Did you even watch the Webm you posted? The charge was finished at the start of the video and the player nearly died from it. The actual problem is not getting knocked out of the animation.
You're right about there not being enough cool monsters, though. Those were the best parts.

Giving the player too much freedom of movement and slowing down enemies reduces challenge of the fight, especially for veteran players. Since this is the new direction Monhun seems to be going towards, it's basically abandoning their existing playerbase for another who hasn't even shown signs of being interested in the first place.

I thought blatant fanboyism was left for the likes of reddit and tumblr. Holla Forums is supposed to have gritty, emotionally drained and cynical people. Praise what's good, not what you hope/feel shoud happen.

Also, wait untill this game falls on the hands of streamers and let's players. A lot of MonHun "fans" will emerge from the ground to ruin you rhobby.
Do you miss XX yet?

Are all MH fans retarded and cuckchan refugees? Or are you just an exception

No, I miss 4u and FU

Well, there have been retards who come shriek "OMG casual game!!!" as long as there have been monster hunter threads. It's just that now they're smugly saying "See? monhun has always been casual so it's fine if World is :^)".

A DmC type situation is exactly what this is, with one key difference : Less people know monhun's gameplay at length, so more people think World butchering everything about the gameplay to be innocuous just looking at the bullet points, oblivious to the actual consequences.

That would actually make sense, remove the quick eating skill and replace it with one that allows you to run while using consumables, fits the change.

You just made me want to play Dragons Dogma again, thanks user.

Yeah, the game basically plays it self now. It's going to be the worst game ever made in the history of video games. I fucking hate it and I can't stop posting about it.

Actually it looks pretty fucking cool
It looks like the only game worth looking forward to atm

Considering the character is a warrior using Arc of Deliverance, chances are their knockback resistance was through the roof.

Are you blind AND retarded?

Japanese school children only have handhelds

well thank god capcom didn't completely fail because looks is the one thing they've dumped literally all of their budget on. God knows it hasn't gone to actually making the monster AI not retarded as seen in literally every demo so far.

Nothing will ever top the Mass Effects games

I tried shilling this game out of sheer boredom, but overtime, you anons convinced me otherwise along with some of the actual gameplay looks more downright retarded which spits on the rest of the franchise. I actually wanted to get this game, but I dont even know anymore. It keeps on having me swing from the over side of the fence to the other repeatedly and its fucking annoying.

I actually wanted something like this for a while now but I still want the game to be MH user.

Thats almost ALL it has going for it, in fact i think the game looks awesome for a reboot

Mass effect is shit, has been increasingly shit for years and no one here cares about it, leave this thread and go play Andromeda like the good little cuck you are.

But the story was the worst part of dragon's dogma. Adding the shittiest part of a good game won't make MH better.

MH always had a story, MHW has one too of course but it seems to be more like MH4U's story but fully voiced. In my opinion 4U, story was actually pretty charming, Idk what i can say about world yet but the trailer was pretty damn well made.

Well, I hope it won't ever be this low.

I watched it and I wouldn't have to watch it. In Monster Hunter you'd need pin-point precision to do the same shit, take Rathalos' dive for example. Perfect timing and precision. In Dragon's Dogma it doesn't matter when the monster already hits you and you can charge as long as you want. It's pure shit. Webm related. The player doesn't stand somewhere inside the monster but has to time his attack to actually hit the head.

Refer to what I just said.

You can literally stand inside some moves of the chimera and it doesn't hurt you at all, though. And the point is the player isn't knocked over and can still hit the monster.

And now go kill your braindead cyclops and chimeras. This game was such overrated fucking trash. And guess whose favorite game it is? NeoGAF's. Together with Souls cancer.

Except this game has these things called Mantles that allow you to completely de-aggro yourself from the monster at the drop of a hat, which then re-opens the ability to fast travel.
There is a difference between a camp at a specific zone that is generally so far away from the active monster zones as to be an impractical option, even with a farcaster, to multiple camps all over the map and infinite tools to fast travel to them.

You are right in that this thing is an abomination.

aye. Try to pull that shit in mon hun and you eat the full length of a monster dick if you're even slightly wrong.

fucking button prompts make me instantly ignore games. unless its like a turn based RPG, there is no excuse for this.

I only played MH4U and MHG.
What's wrong with an open world format? It seems like it's all good stuff. Less loading screens, not falling into vaguely marked level transitions while fighting a monster, no more being able to abuse the transitions to get out of a rough spot, more interesting target and environmental monster roaming behavior, more interesting level design since you can use the corridors as actual game space if you don't have to worry about aforementioned transition points, you can have more vertical gameplay because you don't have to place a bunch of discrete levels on a horizontal plane.

I suppose the heat/cold mechanics would have to change, but you would think it'd be easy enough to express the boundaries using the environment, if you were really fucking lazy you could get away with screen tinting since I'm pretty sure MHG and MH4U had a bit of it in cold or hot areas.

I think it's more than that, isn't it? A traditional portable console like a PSP would have been fine, Wii U would have not, I'd rather not have any of Nintendo's gimped hardware and gimmicky soccer mum input schemes. DS isn't even a portable console, the backlighting is so awful that if you're not in a dimly lit room its a struggle to see anything, and the battery life is a joke.

Bloodborne made the main character faster and dodge longer distances, but they did that because the enemies are way faster/stronger and took away defenses like shields/armor.

but from watching videos of mhw it looks like they gave your character more powers to tackle enemies but kept the enemies the same.

Wow I guess you must be pretty serious about the series then, most people opt to play vanilla MH or MHF instead.

Not only did he take damage but the warrior class is one of the most defensive in the game next to fighter. He went from max health to nearly dead because he messed up the timing of the swing. If timed right the griffon wouldn't have hit him. Also the warrior has a skill that makes it so he has my hyper armor in some of his attacks so he doesn't flench during some of them. Any other class would have been knocked on their ass.

It's as if you didn't play the game.

That's not true at all. I've solo'd plenty of monsters in that game. It's obviously made for multiple people to fight monsters but that doesn't mean it's impossible alone. Even something as horrible as a Wingspawn (or was it Drakewing? Those bat fuckers) can be solo'd.

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, user.
Oops

Meh. If you're actually good at the game, it's not like you need to constantly stop and plot out your actions to make sure you can effectively use all your potions anyways.

Don't like it don't play it.
Nobody is taking your hardcore [email protected] experience away anyway.

nigger that attack was Act Of Deliverance, it takes 10 seconds to fully charge it and you can't half-ass it, and you can get knocked out of it, the reason why he didn't was probably because he already had another high level skill that allows Warriors to tank certain hits without cancelling their moves, Yes you can charge it for as long as you'd like but it keeps depleting your stamina, You can't keep it forever. But please by all means tell me how Focus Greatsword requires an amazing amount of skill to pull off.
I'm not gonna pretend that Dragons Dogma is comparable in terms of difficulty to MH, it doesn't even try to be, they take a very different approach. I would argue though that black isle becomes very punishing for people who don't prepare themselves almost as much as MH.

Are MonHunfags this obsessed with waving their dicks to a game series that only became good after their 3rd generation?

Anons here dont like it because its deviating too far from the series to be actual MH for them, whether the change is good or not. They simply dont like the change. I personally consider it to be a reboot and the previous MH games still exist, so im not too anal about it. Some of the stuff such as the stealth/rocksteady mantles are stupid additions though due to them practically breaking the game in their own ways.

I think what OP shown with the guy sprinting while using the potion is also way too much, the risk and reward when it comes to timing your healing is almost completely gone.

No, anons don't like it because they won't have reasons to justify their nintendo toys anymore.

if anything, the monsters are more lethargic and stupid. Just watch the MHW footage of Barroth and compare it to anything from either version of Tri.

Nigger ,I got into the series at Tri and even I can tell you that you're full of shit.

The only grinding in Monster Hunter though is gathering rocks and bugs early on. Once you start actually hunting big monsters, there's little to no grind at all, just nonstop boss fights.

There's an assload of shilling around World, it's pretty insane they've even Westernized the advertising in addition to the rest of the game

Who do you think is coming here in droves to shill for it?

At the cost of having half the map be large empty corridors or climbing sections with nothing to do simply to give a sense of scale.

All you have to do is run a short distance away and then teleport to a base camp for free healing and item restocks.

Which only serves to make easier instead of harder.

They've already shown they're not using it as game space, just as empty shit to give a sense of scale.

You say that like slopes didn't exist before.

Jesus christ you're young.

The biggest problem is that if it succeeds or if Capcom doubles down on it even if it fails we likely will never see another Monster Hunter game again, just more World like what happened to Persona when 3 came out, or Fire Emblem when 7 came out

I've been trying to keep my autism in check for this thread but

How many times do I have to tell you people, MH is OVER. If it succeeds we get more of the same of this new IP capcom is releasing with its monster hunter skin, if it fails we get more pachinko machines.

The one reason I have hope for them trying to come scrambling back to the old fans if World bombs is the fact that, right now, Monster Hunter is one of the biggest franchises in gaming, and possibly the only rival to Dragon Quest.

I forgot Tri exists, I agree Tri was pretty mediocre.
But don't try to defend anything from the 1st and 2nd gen, I finally got to the last hunter rank in FU that shit is not a finished game.

CHECKED
He's a scrub and that's an offline Barroth he's getting his shit wrecked by. It still shows that even with him decked out in armor and using a "defensive" weapon with infinite stamina, he's getting his ass kicked by a low rank monster.

MH is like Capcom's only franchise that they haven't yet fucked up to the point that most of their fans have given up. If MHW fails, they aren't just going to give up on their giant cash cow that easily.

Ah, I see. Very nice digits yourself by the way

I mean, you say that but
Among many, many others.

Why

Mega Man they killed out of spite for Inafune, and they're at least still releasing those legacy collections, so it's not like they've completely given up on Mega Man vidya. They're still trying to pull bullshit with SFV, and they recently released that HD "upgrade" of II, so I'm not sure how Street Fighter counts. DMC wasn't as big a franchise of theirs as many would like to believe, either, and they released the special edition of 4 well after DmC bombed hard.

Freedom Unite you doofus.

Is that the foreign name for one of the games or something?

Why does this game keeps paining nintendrones so much?
Crapcom still keep releasing rehashed handheld trash on psp engine for them, it's not like they are completely abandoned. Yet.

Has nothing to do with console wars, if the game looked good I'd get a PS4 for it. As is, the main thing I'd be playing on a PS4 if I got one is Moon Dwellers

It's so obvious that this game is using the same animation system as dragon's dogma, the climbing especially looks very similar.

Super Robot Wars MD?

I suppose I should clarify that I mean to say that you should abandon all hope of ever getting a -new- monster hunter game. Either World succeeds and we get 'World 2' (featuring Rathalos from the Monster Hunter series) or it's pachinko machines, paid DLC cameos and mobage trash until the monster hunter name has been milked dry and the horse has been beaten to a pulp.

Yeah, I've already got V on Vita. I also have a PS3, but I might get that special edition for Moon Dwellers on PS4, since most likely the PS4 will eventually get an exclusive SRW anyway so I'll inevitably get one.

I can't never stand playing vidya on handheld anyway.

MHfags are the worst

Pretty much everything I've wanted to play over the last decade and a half has been handheld exclusive, so I've long since adapted to them thank goodness too, because commuting takes up so much time

You know how many gamers exist, for who "gaming" started with uncharted 1-3 and last of us? No, you're underestimating their numbers.

Do you actually read the thread before you post? How many posts addressing actual issues that have nothing to do with the hardware have you skipped over?

It's the western name for Portable 2nd G.

having fun is more important.

Is the issue with open world approach/single level approach vs multiple smaller zones that it's inherently casual, or that a developer who wants to casualize the game has more tools to do it in an open world design? Because it sounds like you're only considering the ways a developer could use it to casualize the game, I think that's what they're going to do, but I'm certain a developer with honest intentions could make an open world monster hunter clone and have it actually be far better than a monster hunter with small environments connected by loading screens. And that blaming anything wrong with the game on the fact its open world
I called it traditional because nintendo has redefined portable console to mean a cheap piece of plastic filled to the brim with gimmicks.

You stop spending a lot of time collecting plants very quickly. On the other hand, World looks to put in tons more bullshit in the form of making you run to a handful of points on the map before you're allowed to find the monster by the grace of a magical green glowy thing, and putting in long boring featureless tunnels to connect areas to compensate for the lack of loading screens.

"Beating on the monster while it's distracted fighting another monster or helpless in one of a million environmental traps" is not interesting.

They always did. Git gud faggot.

Those are normalfags, not gamers.

It's another Goon, just report and ignore.

Ah, fair enough. That was a good game then, so that guy must've just been shitposting.

Exactly, which is why World is a massive failure in every way.

That's not a choice out there, but because of the fact these games were handheld exclusives.

If given a choice, I would take playing a PC > a console > a handheld.

The only time I can think of an "open world" being a good thing is in Metroid style games. Never seen it done well anywhere else, and it certainly doesn't lend itself to the concept of Monster Hunter in any positive way. That said, I don't think open world is the entirety of the problems with World - just one of the many, many things horribly wrong with it.

While that's fair, I played a shitton of games on both the DS and 3DS, and the only games I can even think of that used the touch screen shit for more than menu navigation was AJD: Sougetsu no Juujika where you had the stupid magic sigils to draw to finish off bosses, and the Sekaiju no Meikyuu games to draw maps for the dungeon. The touch screen and online gimmicks are stupid and indefensible, but thankfully they rarely had any impact on the games, which is all that matters in the end.

The other reason you strike me as young is complaining about the DS's backlight - I can see how it'd look bad going back from the DS Lite or 3DS, but damned if it wasn't a god send after the GBA.

I mean, I adapted to handhelds not out of choice but because that's where the games all went. That said, at this point, I'd honestly go in the exact opposite order there - I use my PC for emulation and shit of course, but it's far more likely to get finnicky and crash than any dedicated gaming system I've ever used.

But NOW
NOW they want it. They can't stand the idea that people that enjoy the franchise hate what's being done to it, because by coming to PC finally, it's washed all sins away. Finally they have GRAFIX and KB+M controls, so it doesn't matter it the game blows donkey dicks because even 4/10 third person action games with rpg elements are practically nowhere to be seen outside of emulation on PC, even if it's spitting and shitting on the franchise. Their saliva is flowing like a fountain
They think, hungering for CapCock.
They say, knowing they would've carted while trying to heal their dumb asses up.
They exclaim brainlessly.
They bring in console wars like a lot of us wouldn't be the first fucking people excited about a genuine PC Monster Hunter instead of whatever the fuck this abomination is.

Look forward to replies that call you a drone and don't address a single issue with the game.

I've seen this attitude everywhere, and it confuses me to no end. Are people who praise the PC so consumed by Stockholm Syndrome that they can't just acknowledge it's value is in emulating old Famicom games and the like, and desperately need to pretend it gets releases specifically for it besides the random doujin stuff? Anyone who takes a side in the console wars is a fucking retard, but they take it to an almost religious level.

…uh, PC got the biggest library of every platform, and it's not a "console".

And everyone can build a PC and play any games they want, they don't need to buy a PS3/PS4/Vita to play some games.

fans are right to be concerned about the issues with the game that have been shown, and one can only hope they're addressed by launch. I'm cautiously optimistic about it, some games have been completely salvaged in 2 months time just before going gold, MHW could be the same.

PC isn't a unified platform, you have to account for OSes. Win7 is its own platform, like WinXP, Win9x, DOS, etc. are. Win10 is on its way to becoming its own platform.

Speak for yourself, faggot. Just because you're grew up with cancerous 7th gen console doesn't mean everybody are. Fucking millennials thinks they are the center of the universe.

Well, with Win 10/7, you can virtual box yourself into Win XP, DOS and the likes.

While you can't even play PS3 games on the PS4.

PC is just a free-er, more versatile platform.

you don't even have ownership over games thanks to digital monopolies and control of your purchases. The PS3 and PS4 are completely different platforms and that's perfectly fine.

Right, because it can emulate most platforms, like the Famicom, SuFami, etc.

Semantics.

Most every game I want is a handheld exclusive. Has the PC gotten 3DS and Vita emulation working yet?

So, emulation

Agreed, that is complete horseshit.

I can pirate the games and own them just fine.

While the same holds true for your PS3/PS4 games.

nah, nintendo, sony, sega, snk, nec, etc. have never at any point said "your licenses to the software on the disc are expired, we are seizing your purchases." Whereas Valve, EA, Ubisoft have on the PC. Don't deflect, these are serious issues and ultimately undermine the validity of the platform.

They are. They are customers of your favorite video game making corporations. Especially of corporations like capcom.

Well, m8, I don't really care what games ya wanna play.

Just saying that people prefer PC because PC got the most games, and emulation is a huge point of it.

Seriously? 3DS emulation are on the way, I haven't looked much at Vita emulation but I think it's going to be possible in the future.

Worst fortress missions, enemies are either broken for having terrible hitboxes or retarded easy, when they fall into this category they're usually just a HP check that tests your patience more than your skill, very few options of attack for just about any weapon type, the AI is buttfuck retarded, flying monsters will fall off the map wasting your time, monsters and their attacks will clip through walls or certain objects, no ecosystem.
The only fights where I felt challenged and fairly so were the Teostra, Lunastra and Rajang fights, everything else was either broken and shouldn't be in the game like Plesioth or just way too easy like Rathian and Rathalos, and yes, all of their variants.

Oh in that case you did get me. I was never really interested in portable consoles, and I only got a DS since they started only releasing castlevania to it.
When I google it I find the japanese release of dawn of sorrow. Were they that different? And that's what made me hate touchscreen controls as well, I was so disgusted by it I don't think I even finished dawn of sorrow.
I think it could make some really fun tracking gameplay if we had environments large enough.

Most people who play on PC are power users of a small number of games. Things like League, WoW, PUBG, CS, etc. They tend to focus exclusively on single titles. Most people don't prefer PC because it has the most games. Most people don't want to set up compatibility modes for games from the 90s or virtual box for windows xp, or even download fanpatches to get games working on modern hardware. Hell, they rarely want to find a BIOS for an emulator.

Really?

I can sort of agree, most of those are 4/10's, but if that's your list, you're proving him right.

Sony in particular can lock your accounts and freeze your digitally purchase games.

Nintendo meanwhile takes profits from video made from their video games.

Well, PC is the most widespread platform in the world because they can be used for working too, most people play on PC because they are everywhere.

what are these 10/10 third person action RPGs that I haven't even heard of then?

You literally just said "everyone can build a PC and play any games they want." I built a PC, and there are tons of games I want to play that the PC can't emulate yet. My point is your treating the PC like it's some kind of miracle box is bizarre and completely unfounded.

Emulation is the entirety of it - barring oddball doujin stuff like Doukutsu Monogatari and the like, no one makes games for PC anymore. Even Falcom released the newest Ys as a Vita exclusive with a PS4 port later.

Don't know, never played the Western version.

While I don't blame you, I do recommend finishing it at some point - it's not the best game in the series, but still pretty good.

Despite what the name admittedly suggests, "tracking" isn't really MonHun, and not something I ever want to see in the franchise.

Dragon's Dogma was PS3, you're thinking of the MMO version, which is a different game.

Are you baiting or really this retarded?

yeah, which is why you don't buy digitally. You buy physical copies.

most of these are very low end systems, wouldn't you agree?

I think you are missing the point

Answer the question

But you can play far more games on PC than on anything else, your taste be damned. The fact the games you want to play can't be emulated on PC doesn't mean PC's library does not reign supreme.
PC is a miracle box because of what you can do with it, which is far, far more than what you can do with consoles/handhelds.
Well, even Japan is making games with PC port nowadays, so I don't get this point. PC are getting both indies/oddball titles with mainstream titles.

justify the relevance of it first

Don't really care about how you acquire the games, m8. I myself just pirate everything.
I agree, but the strength of PC is that you can play a shitload of games even with a low end system nowadays.

user, i…

So you made a claim you can't back up but are now gonna backpedal?
In the time it took you to make those two posts you could've just listed the games you were thinking about.

I've been tricked for the last time. I should have stuck with Cabela's Big Game Hunter.

you can, if you are prepared to deal with poor quality emulation, odd performance hitches, compatibility issues, searching for and using fan patches, being prepared to virtual box, inconsistencies between drivers, etc. These are all very well documented issues and a lot of people wouldn't want to settle with this as their options. PC was better when it was for PC games first, not console ports and scraps.

so, with the majority of PCs out there being low end ones, do you not see how this would limit options for playing games on the system? Do you not see how this factors into how developers and publishers approach the platform?

you missed the point and brought up a tertiary argument which had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Where are the games? Walk into any game store and the PC section is just the adult section with nothing but eroge. Few enough devs made PC ports to begin with, and pretty much no one does anymore. The PC's basically just for foreigners and eroge and MMOs.

Yes, because it's the compilation of every classic platform and quite a few modern ones. And while I'm sure the 3DS and Vita will be emulatable someday, that's still a ways off as far as I know. Your point?

I have yet to see any except for World, which is foreign exclusive - it's only coming out on PS4 here.

Well, add another to that list then. Still, from what I'm gathering, this port is also foreign exclusive anyway.

Pretty much. If you want to do that, this isn't the game for you - this is a game about intense, nonstop combat.

Didn't you know user, Psychoserum isn't an item that exists in MonHun. Paintballs are just for color customization.

More like you keep making baseless claims when called out on, you can't back them up.

Which game store are you walking in which sells porn games?
Are you a fucking caveman?

That's the most insulting thing about this retarded deflection, when you think about it. Like playing and enjoying them on consoles would preclude everyone from looking forward to a PC installment, as long as it's a proper fucking installment.

I'd be interested in examples user.

Well, PC games were always buggies, that's why fan patches and mods exist and become PC fortes, so I don't think those are weakness so to speak, because once you iron those kinks out, you got the best experiences on PC.
PC is better for everything, PC games, mods and emulation though.
No, because low end PC nowadays are about as strong as current-gen consoles. And PC games requirement constantly become more and more, so it doesn't limit the power of PC.

Any game store that has a PC section.

No brick and mortar store sells porn games you mongoloid
Are you even a human?

You won't be getting any because "You're missing the point"

In any torrent sites, Steam, GOG, digisites, PC games aren't in physical stores, they are all over the internet.

And who cares about your perspective, my man, we are getting all the ports, all of your games.

I remember Sofmap doing so off the top of my head, and quite a few others whose names escape me at the moment do too. Do you just never leave the house?

the only argument for the validity of PC gaming in Japan is a minority of ports by studios like Falcom, extremely small scale doujin games and independent projects sold at comiket (which are primarily sold physically) - this is not a favorable argument for the console ports from japanese devs landing on PC.

I think you're mad I called a game you liked 4/10.

ratchet and clank 3, demon's souls

the problem is, not everyone is going to be going to those fan patches.
sort of true, there are a lot of things that can go wrong. You would imagine right, a game released in 2001 would work perfectly fine on all winxp machines provided it at least meets recommended specs, right? Well, what about when it doesn't? Return to Castle Wolfenstein/ETWolf broke on all AMD cards past a specific driver version released in 2008, the game would refuse to launch and would require you to change your hardware entirely in order to play it. This is a PC specific issue.

this is very much untrue. If John Carmack is to believed, similarly specced systems on PC/console would result in the console performing twice as fast due to the focus on a single hardware target. When you factor this in, and that the majority of low end PCs are dual core machines, you need to then see that consoles are 8 core machines. Games are becoming increasingly multi-threaded, and new PC releases are targeting highly scalable platforms like Ryzen first and foremost which pulls more and more developers into targeting 4 core machines as the bare minimum, likely wanting additional threads.

What, you mean like Amazon or Rakuten?

It has nothing to do with perspectives, most games simply don't get PC ports and quite frankly, if aiming for the Western PC crowd results in shit like World, I hope it stays that way

So then why do people keep trying to pretend the PC is some sort of magical super gaming platform or something beyond the fact it can emulate old games?

Rakuten?

Jesus christ, man, you are trying to delude yourself here, even the japs use torrent sites.
More and more jap games are getting PC ports, and the older jap games are getting emulated on it.

And most games are actually released on PC.

No I just don't go to japanese retailers to buy PC games.
You really are retarded aren't you?

Well, they can google it and do it, or they give up, PC rewards those who want to improve themselves.
Well, shit's fixed now?
Well, I don't know if I trust John Carmack, but most current-gen consoles are basically gimped PC.

I am mad you are hiding all these 10/10 third person action RPGs from me which I haven't even heard of.

I think it's fanaticism When there isn't a first party to worship (oh boy did they ever try with the gaben shilling) they cling to concepts like freedom which are severely undermined by pointing at any number of things (drm, EULA crippling ownership, cancelling of licenses historically, etc.) Then it comes to performance which is only as good as the software allows, and there's no denying the quality of PC ports has been horrendous with the likes of gameworks cropping up. It all comes down to worship of something greater than what they are.

Let me play doubles advocate just for a moment. How much difficulty did the flex actually add to the game? Yeah sure you could say the game forcing you to stand still for a whole two seconds adds difficulty, but how difficult is it really to dodge a monster attack, take a sippy, dodge again? Then go further and ask how much of a step down is it really? You move slower than sprinting, you're still draining stamina the only thing you really get out of it is marginally better positioning than simply standing still.

Because:
1. It's the most widespread platform where you can get anywhere.
2. It's got more games than anything else.

Seriously, those are two undeniable advantages right there.

PC ports are improving and most of them have better performance than consoles now.

Look at Dark Souls trilogy.

And it's hilarious to see people saying PC fans are fanatics for exclusives when console fans want console games to stay console exclusives.

PC generally means more options in how to play it, the game running better (unless the port is absolute shit), and community tools/mods/fixes for the game that aren't possible, or as easily possible, on consoles. Plus, it's a lot cheaper and more convenient to be able to play all your games on a machine you're going to have for other purposes, anyway, versus a restricted console that's only good for the specific games it has.

Wow, having all that stuff you're talking about sure makes it sound like it's clunky for the sake for the sake of being clunky.

Jap-games wise, PC got eroge.

Console games don't get eroge.

You see where it goes?

I don't understand what point you're believing to make by telling me that he doesn't get knocked out of his attacks is because of reasons. I know it's because of reasons. That doesn't make it much better. I'd even go so far as to pirate this game right now, find some 100% save and make some webms of it to show how piss easy and shit the hitboxes are.

I think the whole game is overrated as all fucking hell. It's OK, not more, though. Just OK. My biggest gripe with it is probably that you have to grind to unlock all the cool skills and it takes ages. There isn't even the content to keep you interested until you maxed more than three classes.

And when cyclops and chimeras are the bulldromes of Dragon's Dogma, what the fuck are bandits, wolves and those lizards? Because that's what this world filled with.

I can't even fathom that delusion people must have entered to compare Dragon's Dogma with Monster Hunter. Dragon's Dogma is literally more comparable with Skyrim. You can't just hunt a griffin whenever you feel like it. You have to look up some retarded tutorial, then sleep seven days and do other shit, and then the fight isn't even fun or anything. You can't just fight a huge dragon or that snake boss whenever you want. The whole marketing of this game is deceitful and dishonest. The open world is basically pointless.

The only remotely decent bosses to fight are in some ugly, boring caves.

Stop bringing this climbing simulator up in every Monster Hunter thread.

I'm criticizing World here, but it looks million times better than Dragon's Dogma in every way. Not even comparable.

If you time it wrong, you get fucked. In a game where positioning is one of the key skills required to succeed, reducing that requirement causes the game to be easier by giving the player more power over the monster. The relationship between monsters and hunters, where the monsters are many many times more powerful and can easily kill a hunter if they're unskilled is what makes Monster Hunter the series it is. When you start upsetting this balance by making the hunter more and more powerful while the monster remains around the same and sometimes even weaker, the game starts losing it's appeal. See Tigrex in FU versus Tigrex in later games due to the fatigue system severely crippling his biggest threat, the low health perma rage mode.

So, we're talking about emulation then? Because you made it sound like official releases that people buy, not emulation of old games.

There've been two mentioned so far. I'm not seeing any trend yet.

Emulation has been a thing forever.

You're the guy claiming that no game stores have eroge when that's literally the entirety of a PC game section in any game store that even has one, not me.

It's really kind of creepy.

Fair

For older games, absolutely, and considering that by and large older games tend to be better than new ones, a fully understandable argument. That said, there are people who pretend it somehow stands on it's own as a non-emulation platform, which is incredibly bizarre.

I honestly don't care if the games I like go multiplat in and of itself, I just don't want them getting neutered to appeal to foreign normalfags like is happening with World.

I just don't play games that are bugged to the point of unplayability to begin with. Connecting consoles to the Internet was probably the worst decision ever made, considering it let companies get away with this mindset of "oh we'll just release the game even without proper QA because we can Internet fix it later," and I refuse to support any devs that would release a game so utterly broken that it required the fans to fix it.

Cheaper I'll give you, but god are handhelds so much more convenient than any of the stationary hardware.

it's the point he provided, where your low spec PC of similar hardware to consoles (which I agree, is more akin to 2012 laptops in terms of power) would never reach the same levels of performance or graphical fidelity than what's achieved thanks to the development ecosystem on consoles. I think this point is proven consistently when you look at the requirements for one game on the PC, and compare it to the console version. The console version will target 30FPS, 1080p, and a mix of high/medium settings, typically. In a 2012 laptop of the same spec, can you achieve the same? Likely not. You might insist that ultra settings are better, but to what point is it even noticeable? We aren't in the era of crysis any more where the lowest possible settings disables engine rendering features, these features still work but they are just lowering the intensity and the visual result? The difference? Negligible.

I think it would be best if console games stayed on consoles, and PC games stayed on PC. I think there's a number of good reasons for it too. Less mediocrity in PC ports, more devs to focus on PC perks like better hardware, console devs can focus on their single spec and yield better performance and visuals on their platform too. Less people to spend money on to get technical issues sorted out. It's ultimately a win-win.

Updated list of flaws. Add whatever comes to your mind:

What is monster hunter? Can I play it on my Vita?

Portable 2G and 3rd should be purchasable on that download thingy they do? I don't connect my systems to the Internet, so I'm not 100% sure on that though. The Vita can't actually load UMDs though, so physical copies are right out, and P3rd was the last MonHun on a Sony platform.

No, I'm talking about every games you can play on PC.
Nier Automata got a PC port.
So? It's a strength of PC.
It absolutely stands out as a non-emulation platform, there are games you can play on PC that you cannot play on consoles, such as strategy games and eroge.
So that has nothing to do with anything I say.

You're the one using japanese game stores as a standard not me. Are you aware that most PC games don't even get released in japanese, let alone a physical release?
Its like looking under your bed for birds. Only a retard would think its logical.

Arc of deliverance has a GIANT startup time for it to actually do the damage it does, same with any of the Sorceror spells like the tornado or meteor, the idea being you start by sniping or to charge while using cover and positioning, the warrior's Arc being the hardest to get off because it has short range, but is balanced in that you can assign skills to the warrior that give him super armor during his charge ups, but that doesn't protect him from damage and you're still fragile going up against these guys even if you have the best armor.

You're shitting on things you have no experience with.

Serious Question:
Is anyone here who finds the game as "casualized" going to refrain from playing it after it launches based on principle?
Or are you going to buy/pirate it and play it anyway because it's another Monster Hunter game?

We all know this whining is just newfags trying their hardest to fit in.

When does the virtue signaling end?

Small differences in position mean being able to dodge quite a large amount of attacks, like Zinogre's tail slap, Rajang's laser, Diablos' digging, etc. Being able to make it even 3 feet to the left or right of these attacks (or in some cases in holes in the hitbox) that a monster will initiate when it sees you trying to distance yourself from it (aka disengage to use a potion) will net you a free heal. Being able to ChugNRun means that every heal is a free heal on monsters that don't have gigantic AoE attacks or movement tracking like Ukanlos' swim.

Normally you have to create or exploit openings to use potions, which means you're giving up on the potential damage you could've gotten in that timeframe in exchange for safety. ChugNRun lets you exploit things that are NOT openings and would get you obliterated by heavy attacks in other MH games, and it really looks like they've increased the startup time on the animations for these attacks (especially Diablos' dig) which means that you have years of advance notice on when to move your dumb ass out of the way.

No, I don't think this point is proven consistently when PS3 games look much worse than low end PC nowadays, in fact, PC ports of PS3 games do end up looking better.
So you yearn for first party exclusives yet bemoan PC people for doing the same.
Devs don't need to focus on better hardware though, like there's no need to upgrade PC every 2 years, PC ain't consoles.
They can do that, regardless if PC ports are a thing or not.
Nigger what? You fix shit by applying free fan patches on PC.

It's not about the games being unplayable by default, it's about good games being able to be made better by the community on the PC. Look at Sonic Mania. It's already getting mods that do things like allow you to have any character as your 2P partner, or use all of Sonic's abilities in one game instead of having to choose between the drop dash, super peel-out, or insta-shield. Some games, like Doom, continue to thrive purely because the communities keep making shit for the game long after the developers have stopped. Morrowind has gotten a brand new, open source engine due to fan effort. Multiplayer for such games lasts a lot longer, too, as there's no moving from one console to the next. These things are so much more difficult on consoles that people hardly ever bother.

You got fucking owned and what you're doing right now is comparable to a dog whimpering.

None of this changes that you don't need any precision in Dragon's Dogma (unless using the bow, maybe), the hitboxes should be called cuddleboxes, you can charge for as long as you want (and just pause the game and eat items for stamina and health whenever you want, something people always complain about when it comes to BotW but never DD), the world is filled with almost nothing but shit enemies or enemies that are a bitch to even find and refight.

Stop bringing it up in this thread. Literally not comparable. Make a Skyrim thread.

Serious Question:
Have you considered addressing the "minute" details that are being complained about rather than making baseless, retarded projections about the people making the complaints?

Keep telling yourself that. And now make a Skyrim thread.

They've been addressed a thousand fucking times across a thousand fucking threads, but retards still find ways to justify their autistic shitfits.

How do you even have fun with monster hunter if you keep eating all this salt?

Seriously, the way you talk makes it sound like you play Monster Hunter on principle rather then because you think it's fun. On a board where this is ironic: you need to get a life.

Really, resorting to "you are salty" now?

I enjoy Monster Hunter more than you can imagine. World still worries me, though.

well, I was talking about PS4 games since the PS3 is no longer relevant, and the PC versions do look better but by how much of a margin? That is the issue. The difference between medium and ultra settings has become very much meaningless.
no, I wish there were more PC exclusives. There is no first party on PC, however, isn't this one of the benefits of it? No one "controls" the platform?
my point is, there hasn't been a game that focuses on better PC hardware in a very long time. Wouldn't it be nice to get something like that? I think for the sake of seeing how far graphics can be pushed, it would be great.

I've enjoyed our conversation so far, I'm curious, have you heard of a youtuber called AdoredTV?

yeah, but don't you agree there's a certain amount of legwork that needs to be done by developers to accommodate that? Or even have the game working well at launch? Arkham Knight was heinously neglected and had to be pulled from the PC for a few months before it was fixed.

So, emulation and doujin games?

Did it go out of print really quickly? I'm not even seeing a listing for it on Amazon or Rakuten.

It is, just saying that "getting" is a misleading choice of word there.

If we're discounting emulation, as far as strategy games go, SRW, Ogre, FE, Shining, Front Mission… I don't think any of them have gotten PC releases at all, and certainly not for the majority of their titles. Eroge I'll give you though.

You seemed to be accusing me of what you were saying considering I was the first one to compare the PC crowd to religious zealots. If that was not your intention, I apologize.

I'm using stores I can walk into and buy games from. I don't know what things are like in foreign countries.

So then why are you trying to pretend the PC gets games if all it gets is foreign shit?

Yes. I refuse to buy it, and I have no interest in playing it even if I could without financially supporting it.

It's not a Monster Hunter game though, which is precisely why I'm not going to.

I don't do multiplayer, so that's not really a factor to me. Can't really speak on the rest, since I'm not familiar enough with them to say anything meaningful there.

Except they haven't been addressed, because there is no defending the things World does.

Then why the fuck are you here, debating monster hunter instead of playing it?

Clearly you're looking for time away from it.

Bwuh?

You say that, but all I ever get in reply every thread is either being told that the points were already debunked without actually showing a screencap of said debunking, or a retard like you knocking over a strawman and pretending it proves anything. Got any screencaps handy? Maybe you could even manage an original point for once.

OK, I need a break from Holla Forums.

there was a ps4 thread where people were talking about lots of games they were playing if you're curious about what's coming out on it. the conversation you're replying to was more about multiplats anyway.

Ignore the arguments made and pretend there is nothing anyone could say to refute your arguments.
You've made my point for me when I said it was autistic faggots spamming all this anti-Worlds shilling.

Healing while sprinting isn't bad in and of itself. World has a lot of worrying things about it, but "The game doesn't make me run as far away to heal" isn't really one of them. I do think they should have limited to healing while running, rather than sprinting, though.

I am a total MH pleb who has only ever played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate though.

It doesn't how much it looks better, the fact the games are on PC and they look better means PC got a distinct advantage since PC got a bigger library and they look prettier.
There are far more PC exclusives than any console games, look at the RTS, the porn games, the mods.
There still is, but thankfully, not much anymore.
No, because PC games already look fucking photo-realistic even with medium hardware, what more can they go?
Yeah, sure.
Those are bad devs so I got no excuses. Still, the worse would be not having the ports so they cannot be fixed at all.

Just buy freedom united psp version at your vita's playstation store.

How long will you keep this jig up?

Even japs play games like CnC and Total War.

Fair enough, just confused because everything worth playing on the PS4 is just a port of a Vita or PS3 game.

And now the misuse of buzzwords without understanding them.

And what arguments? Everything people say to defend World with has been torn apart and tossed out like the pathetic excuses they are.

The only thing you are doing here is further cementing your retardation.

Where are you faggots coming from? This is a Capcom game. They haven't released a good one for years now and both of their last two games were huge fuck ups.

MHW is barely MH anymore, its pretty much like the fallout4 of the series, much like a reboot in a way, except its not made by an incompetent team like bethesda, its made by MH's main dev team so it may do good. I believe due to how much hype this game is getting, it may just succeed n matter how much Holla Forums spregs out about these things, I have a feeling that it will, and I am never really wrong about these things.

If it is successful, its audience will completely change into the casual/darksoulsand probably youtuber crowd though.

Not familiar with those myself, but Google tells me Total War is a Western franchise, and there are definitely a bunch of Western obsessed people here. Let it not be said that people here have universally good taste, there's a reason garbage like Kingdom Hearts and Code Geass persists yet.

The only time I've even heard that title mentioned is when devs get asked by foreigners "So what Western games do you like" and they need to throw out a title to not look like xenophobes.

It isn't at all.

And while World may succeed though to do that it'll need to magic up about five million Westerners interested in it, because it won't sell shit at home, it won't be a good game, that I can guarantee you.

controls where jenkem, never got interested in the game.
Bad frame rate when in water, making it unplayable one water mission where introduced. Didn't get into it.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite good frame rate playable, but never spend enough time to really get into it.
Multiplayer games don't appeal to me and I hate people, have literally become a hermit in the last 5 years. Have no friend, want no friends. Wont even play games with strangers. I am perfectly capable of socializing but absolutely hate it. Therefore, I am really looking forward to MHW

two words:
SINGLE PLAYER!!!!!!

So normalfags bitch bitch about MHW, I am glad its finally becoming accessible to Human hating shut-ins
:^)

Go actually read up the interview instead of making shit up retard.

OK, you don't know Command and Conquer and Total War.

Seriously, stop fucking kidding yourself.

Monster Hunter has always been single player. If anything, World is pushing multiplayer much harder.

(Checked)
wew

What interview?

I'm sorry I haven't heard of some Western games? My life is pretty much nothing but vidya, but even I don't know every single game ever, especially not foreign stuff.

You really think you are a good representation of any human being with this much retardation?

It has, the only people who try to push it as if it's about the multiplayer are the casuals who can't play it to save their lives and need to pretend that it's OK because they're not supposed to, it's all about relying on others to carry you.

You're projecting an awful lot. The only MonHun World dev interview that comes to mind off hand is this one from Dengeki, which doesn't mention Skyrim at all: dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

The same basic formula is there, I cant help but disagree with you.

We'll see when it comes out user.

(checked)
MonHun is a multiplayer game too, thats one of its selling points. Of course it will push that feature.

There is a reason why people say that 3rd parties go to Nintendo when they are ready to die. Besides the IP went to shit a long time ago. At this point I'll accept something new over the piss poor attempts that crapcom has been pushing out.

You are a liar my friend, and a bad one.

Underage faggot detected.

I didn't specify monster hunter world you fucking mong. Learn some reading comprehension and actually get the ability to follow conversations.
I guess what else can you expect from a high functioning retard

Only at the most basic level of being a 3D action game.

Yes, yes we will.

Yes, the series is far from perfect.

And this is the exact wrong thing to do with your flaws. If anything they should be removing it, and yet they're going out of their way to push it harder by making it so you can summon people to bail you out at any time in the quest.

Portable 3rd got an HD release on the PS3.

Even something that looks objectively worse than every other "piss poor" title?

Again, sorry I haven't heard of some Western games. I don't even know every single game from here, let alone every foreign thing.

That's the point he was making about Mass Effect, jackass

Well, real japs know of these games unlike you fake ass shit.

You didn't specify anything at all, much less what specific interview you were talking about. At no point in this thread did you mention an interview, for that matter.

Then don't go around pretending you are some fucking vidya sage when you don't even know some prominent IPs in the west. You deserve nothing but ridicule.

At no other point*

The real Japs who spend all their time obsessing over every little foreign thing?

So?

But I already know that you can't read. No need to hammer the point home.
You don't even know what fucking command and conquer is.

You are just talking out of your ass at this point mr. (31). You are a know nothing know it all, simple as that.

CnC and Total War aren't "little foreign thing".

They are international phenomeones.

You just invalidated this threads arguments on both sides. Congratulations.

What the fuck is wrong with you user?!?!

It's kinda hard to detect sarcasm from a post like that. If you pretend to be a retard on here, i usually cant tell unless if you have a ":^)" or something of the sort to go along with your post.

It looks fun

So, you don't actually have anything to say, and are just making shit up. Got it, thanks.

Maybe in the West, but not here.

I want games to improve, rather than degrade.

Those games are popular in Japan as well, try harder.

[citation required]

Like I said, a know nothing know it all!

It's like I stepped inside a time machine and im now back when games were getting casualized streamlined and retards were defending that shit. Years later they are crying about the state of the gaming industry

I think its time for you to find some different games then, MHW is fucked for you and a whole lot of others and there is nothing we can do about it.

Anyone that perpetually consoleless are faggots that need to be ignored. I gave up after the PSP but I'm not going to sick around sucking dick over every PC port. Especially if it means it's going to crap up jap games with something worse than consolization, that being westernization.

Westaboos are not enough to make it a "phenomenon." The 360 survived as long as it did not because of Westaboos, but because of [email protected] - once Sony got that, the 360 basically died.

That's most likely the case, same as far too many other series over far too long. Doesn't make it any easier.

sit

Haha, oh wow! A know nothing know it all who can't fucking post properly!

Nah, just typed "Idolmaster" using the 'at' symbol because that's how they do it in their logo and forgot about the email thing what I get for posting at 2 AM

CnC and Total War are worldwide phenomenones, similar to how Final Fantasy were. Everyone know about them.

Maybe in the West, but not here.

Here, in fake Japan where everyone still buy games of rakuten?

Seriously?

The fuck are you talking about? And of course I buy games off Rakuten and Amazon, 324 for cash on delivery is way cheaper than getting a train out to Nipponbashi and back.

I'm talking about your fake ass Japan.

In real life, they buy PC games off Steam or digi sites, or they just straight out pirate it.

You think modern japs are dumb?

No, hence why I think they'll stick to buying physical versions instead of digital shit that can be revoked at any time and can't be resold or loaned or given to others, especially when said physical versions are almost always cheaper and often come with more things.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to assume you're NOT retarded.

it could be worse. Japs could start putting digital items in their vidy- oh wait. :^)

More and more japs are buying digitally.
wut? You can get digital things for free.

This is true, but you have a lot more control over when they break or not versus when a company will go bankrupt or simply shut down a server.

Never had that happen, but if that's something that happens to you often with physical media I can understand being wary of it.

So much for not being dumb then.

Piracy is the only reason to do digital things. Hell, the only reason my 3DS is connected to the Internet at all is for FreeShop. Purchasing digital things is the stupidest thing you can do.

Modern japs aren't dumb, so they buy more and more shit digitally.
I don't think it's anymore dumb compared to buying physical things, where if the discs break, you are done.

Be honest with me though. I have been waiting SO LONG for a ps3 emulator. Soooo long.
And in the end, the PS4 came out before we could get it. I'm not entirely convinced piracy has a future on non-ninty consoles anymore.

Of course, I'm not gonna let that pressure me into buying another console, but it's fucking annoying how slowly some of this is progressing.

This affects ALL online games, physical or digital. Ever hear of Phantasy Star Universe? They had what, one year of subscription-only online and then they shut it down?

New arekkz video JUST came out 5:10 is new footage from the nergigante video from OP.

O I AM LAFFIN'.

In the end PS3 is hacked and there is a baby PS3 emulator now.

Paying more for less is pretty dumb if you ask me.

As opposed to if they turn off the servers you can't access your purchased product anymore. Again, you have more control over your physical belongings than you do over the decisions companies might make to screw you over. Further, with physical media, I can go in to Super Potato or any other retro store and pick up a SuFami game and run it just like it was at launch, with all the content and anything, whereas with, say, the original Monster Hunter, you can't even access a bunch of the content now because Capcom doesn't feel like keeping a computer running anymore. Digital and Internet shit is cancer, and the worst thing to happen to vidya.

I'm talking about the server you acquire the game/DLC from itself, not "games" that require an online connection - MMOs are cancer by definition.

No one is complaining about it not being a Nintendo exclusive. Hell, it started on the fucking PS2.

>comparing old as fuck games you get from fucking gamestop fucking super potato with modern gamur shit now
Talk about a purposely skewed example!

Kill yourself ASAP.

You don't pay more for digi games though.
Or you can download a crack and here you go again.
If Sony decides to ban your games, then your physical games would not save you, the only thing that will save you is a crack.
So just keep playing those then.
So stop using the internet right now.

Nah, an autist can defend their points. This is just good ol' sour grapes.

I'm talking about the merits of physical media vs. this digital fad.

At launch, most every retailer will give a price that is 15-20% less than the MSRP, while the digital price will be MSRP. As time goes by, retailers will drop prices to try and move stock - for example, a brand new copy of Bravely Second was down to 2000 within six months of launch, and about a year after launch I saw it (again, brand new) in a Joshin for 980. Meanwhile, the digital version was still going for over 6000. This is just one example, and I have never seen a case where digital is cheaper than physical.

Again, I fully agree that piracy is great, and the only good thing about digital. I'm talking about if you're going to buy things at all, buying digital is a bad idea, period.

What are you talking about? If they decide to stop selling a game, but I already have the physical copy, they're not going to come to my house and steal the cartridge.

I do play those, but I also play the good modern games. I play what I want.

I don't use it for vidya to begin with, except to download shit to emulate.

i haet babis

Are you even listneing to yourself?

Here you actually have a good argument. I actually had to download a save editor to unlock my Dragon Quest 9 "DLC" content on my emulator. (The game had an online connection service that unlocked content already on your game for free because they wanted an active community. lol)

I dont more digging, found more footage of the Nergigante fight, way more footage than OP's clip. The dude runs into it at 2:25.

Like I said, a know nothing know it all who is even disingenuous with their argument. You should save your fingers the strain. You are typing a ton but not really saying anything of value.

What are you talking about? I just said, I can go down to a physical game store, buy a physical cart of an old game, and it will run just fine.

Don't know what the fuck kusoge you're playing, but nothing I play requires Internet connection at all.

Try Steam. Try GOG, try a good fucking digital store.
It really isn't worse than buying physical nowadays.
No, they can update your firmware and ban that certain game, and you can't do shit about it.
But those pesky modern games have internet options which you don't like.
Please don't use it to begin with.

Go read some newspapers, the internet can spy on you.

Computers fail too but at least you can buy a new computer
Cartridges are better than discs at least.

I'm pretty sure we don't have anything like that in my country

Part of the whole point of digital is that there isn't competition, so Nintendo/Sony can control the prices. That's a large part of why physical is so much cheaper.

It absolutely is in every way.

How? That would still require them coming into my home, which at least here in the first world is illegal.

None of which are at all necessary or even beneficial.

It's still something I have more control over than whether or not a company decides they're not going to digitally provide their thing anymore.

That'd be more of a comparison against the hardware than the software.

No joke, I'm sorry to hear that.

If Sony banned your account, you lose the ability to go online and every digital purchase link with that account will be lost, however, you can still play your physical copy game. That is the pros of having physical copy. If steam decided to ban your account for whatever reason, say goodbye to all your library.

But digital are much cheaper though, like we are talking about $1 or $2 dollar a game here.
Some firmware updates are obligatory, cannot escape that bud.
So don't play, just play old games.

Funny how a fucking handheld guy actually dislikes internet connection.

Sony can update the firmware and ban a certain game forever.

Literally never seen that happen outside of random doujin trash.

Only time I've seen a firmware update is when loading really new games in the Vita, and it's never removed the ability to play games. I suppose it could in theory, but they'd get fucking destroyed by backlash if they ever pulled that.

I play good games, regardless of age. There are good and bad old games, and good and bad new games.

Internet connection has had no benefits to video gaming of any kind, it's only encouraged cutting out QA time and forcing devs to put more multiplayer shit in.

So you have never been on Steam, or GOG? Okay.
The same way Steam can "ban" game, not without huge backlash.

Those are for PC, and PC is for emulating old games for free, not for buying shit.

But those new games have pesky internet features you don't like.
So stop using the internet connection altogether. Quit the internet.

This is why weakness is cancerous and needs purged.

But everyone did that when the wii game came out.

But PC is about playing all the games.

I like how you are still LARPing about this muh fake Japan shit.

They only peoples that couldn't play it now are nintendorks :^)

Nothing's perfect, it's just a question of whether what's there is worth it or not, and whether the imperfections get in the way. In good games, if they have Internet functions at all, they usually don't add anything meaningful to the game and can be completely ignored without any repercussions, like with Monster Hunter.

Pretty much, it's depressing honestly.

Nah, it's about emulating old Famicom games.

I should really have realized you were just shitposting the moment you started spouting this idea. I need to stop posting at 3 AM.

I like how this LARPer is still saying PC is only for emulating NES games while ignoring hundred thousands of PC exclusives.

Hand Nergigante a whip and it's a balor

You forgot you can eat meals at camp now.