General capitalism woes thread

Sometimes I wish my father would just fucking die already so I don't have to work so much to pay for his treatments

I am sick and tired of living with all this economic anxiety.

despot album when

The fact that I'm listed as not a full person and don't have a life because I don't sell my labour to porky

I spend about 9 hours in the office and commute for 2 a day. My biggest complaint is that I have to come in at 930 despite my work not really starting until 11 or even noon. The belief that more time worked means your a better worker is one of the biggest issues in the US.

this so much, i hate the commute

Why do you commute so far?

I dislike the legal requirements for 40 hour work week in the US but I enjoy my job. I have so many personal projects I want to do~

Wage labor is total bullshit, even more so in modern times. Productivity skyrocketing without the reduction in working hours that should have accompanied it leaves us with:

- A quarter of the workers doing the job of three or four people from thirty years ago in understaffed skeleton teams
- Another quarter employed in the gathering, extraction, refining, transformation, distribution, sale or consumption of UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT. It's like they have their own economy up there, complete with its primary, secondary and tertiary sectors. Tool of the trade: PowerPoint.
- A third quarter couldn't fit and was pushed into the precariat working shit job for shit wages and a painless suicide as their best hope for a retirement plan.
- The last quarter can't or won't put up with any of the above and has dropped out, possibly for life.

Fuck. That. Shit. We're worth more than that.

i have to shoplift because neetbux isn't enough for me to survive on. i am going to try go back to being anorexic so i dont need to steal as much but i don't have the willpower like i used to and it's hard. i would get a job but not even tesco is recruiting. i'm on antipsychotics so i probably wont be able to keep a job for very long before i get sent back to hospital/kill myself.

Where do you live bro? You should try dumpster diving. Drive to the suburbs get them easy pickings. I fed myself for years off that, though it started getting popular with hipsters and then people started locking up thier dumpster. In well off suburbs it should still be kept unlocked though

where do you live
and why are you so useless

with so many problems you should kill yourself honestly my friend

what

Really, if you make the minimum wage or close to it in burgerland that's essentially true. Its barely enough to keep yourself alive much less your fam.

well do you have any skills
or are you a student trying to get by
i know the college system in usa is shit with all those insane loans and prices

Well I'm an /immigrant/ in burgerland. You can deduce what you will from that. I'm an evil asshole who's taking your warehouse jerbs of course and I need to go back

I'm not the same poster as the guy you originally replied to. Let's just say I have I have a Bachelor's degree, I live at home with my parents and they can afford to take care of my personal expenses without charing me anything and tomorrow I'm starting a job at department store in shoe sales for one dollar above the minimum wage.

That is the best offer I've received so far after a post-college job search that has lasted over a year. Shit isn't easy rn fam.

And that's why we will never have to worry about automation making workers superfluous: as long as he can afford it, he will find a way for labor to go unexploited.

Also I've had no health insurance for about six months now. I'm starting part-time at a company that luckily does provide health care. But its only part-time, you don't get health-care unless its full-time and often at these kind of jobs you have to pay out of pocket, and thats not the kind of pay-rate that gives you deep pockets.So I don't know when or if I'll get it and how much I'll have to pay if I do.

i'm not an american
neither does my country have any immigrants that are taking jobs
but do you have any skills
i mean, people from my country go to america to make a living doing jobs like

what did you get a degree in
is it something you can actually use to make a living with
or if not, here in my country for example people who get meme degrees (or well everyone)
try to get a job at the college

know the feel fam

*to not go unexploited

i am so deeply and profoundly sorry, comrade. i really hope you'll be okay. antipsychs are terrible for the brain and cost a lot of money but dealing with behavior and thinking that warrants the prescription of antipsychotics in the first place is unpleasant as well.
i'm sorry. please don't kill yourself. i wish i could be your friend.