Realtalk, is the HARD mode in Ys8 actually HARD, or should I start off in Nightmare?

Realtalk, is the HARD mode in Ys8 actually HARD, or should I start off in Nightmare?

Not that hard, go with Nightmare.

What if he actually pirated it? Or you can't pirate it yet?

PC version delayed indefinitely.

Thanks for helping kill my favorite series, asshole.
How does it feel to be the cancer killing videogames?

There is not a more japanese gaming sentence than this.

Hard mode doesn't really require grinding and it's not really hard, just kill the opponents as you go through the areas. If you have experience with the similar Ys's and their flash guard/flash move, go straight to Nightmare I'd say.

thank goodness.

It's too bad. It's probably the only one that's easily obtainable, (there's supposed to be a GOG version) fixable/able to be re-translated by fans (or just people who hate NISA's rushed translation of the series).

The retarded part is Ys isn't a series you grind in. You -can- but exp output drops fast. Leave it to NISA to fuck that up as well.

Consolecucked indeed

It's correct though, you have to grind for some resources in this one. Most of the time it's fine just going forward and killing all on the way, but not when it comes to iron ore early on.

sure thing, I'll enjoy my cheap used copy, you uh, well, enjoy playing the older games again.

Ain't cheaper than free chucklefuck
And you're still giving money to kike retailers that also made this possible.
Thanks?

Real talk, is this actually good or is it Ys Seven all over again?

You saying there's something wrong with playing Felghana or Origin again?

gee you aren't very bright. no wonder you're a piratefag, pajeet.

it's a waste of time to replay games.

i'm having plenty of fun replaying ys origin on nightmare. i forgot how delicious the boss fights were.

time better spent discovering new things.

And that's why you'll never get Yunica's schoolgirl outfit.

Small loss when I could be playing something entirely different.

You look at that wording and tell me they're talking about resources.

i played ys 7, it wasn't as much fun as 6, oath and origin. i might get around to 8 eventually but it's not anywhere near the top of my list.
if you're really trying to argue how to productively spend your time i'm not sure video games are the place to do it.

i remember playing a side-scrolling Ys action platformer kinda thing on the SNES back when i was a kid.

it was fun then, but i never really got into the Ys series after that. any good LP's or review of it out there? the art alone has always interested me, and i've been itching for something a bit more action oriented.

Your alternatives are to either get them console locked digital like the cuckhold you are or from some other faggot and I'm sure you being console loyalist makes you a mumbling autistic retard with no friends, much less one with a friend who owns YsVIII
What shit bait, regardless, you're still a casual

Don't ever play Celceta
It's like Ys Seven but much slower, much easier and with assloads more dialog and story.

You've probably played Ys 3.
If you want something a bit more action oriented you should play the ys series.

i should really start recording my failures again so i can see just how bad at vidya i am in comparison to people who don't just mash buttons like crazy.
i think i died for almost an hour fighting the sand boss with toal in origin

The dude was playing on normal, don't worry.
Work on your timing and whatever happens never think that hitting boost and then spamming attack when the boss is at low health is ever going to make you beat a boss. At most all it's going to do is make you die frustrated that the boss had a sliver of hp remaining

Nope, Origin and Oath maybe are, but the rest just aren't.

It's like Ys 7, but perfected. If you absolutely hated the direction Ys 7 went I don't think you'll like it as it's the same but better, but if it's not simply the fact you're not alone, your impression might be different. You can play as Adol alone, but I don't think that makes him break every enemy type so it doesn't seem good.

It doesn't say grind xp or enemies, just grind, so it can mean anything I think, especially since here to grind you pretty much have to beat some opponents unless you jump through them, and some things only opponents drop from what I see. The jewess might sell them too but I she'll want so much shit you'll be forced to grind anyway. The only thing I disagree with is the world "thrill" myself. Grinding is never thrilling. What you get through grinding might be, grinding might be fun, but not thrilling. It's not like a description would or should admit that thing

Usually Ys games are balanced around Nightmare difficulty whereas Inferno difficulty is just Nightmare+1, but I know that only really holds true for Oath.

It's not really that I disliked Ys Seven's direction, but more execution. From what I recall the bosses at most had three or four really easy to dodge attacks with massive downtime where you can just wail on them without much consequence. I disliked having like 7 or so characters but only being able to use three, but then the final boss requires the use of all the characters when they don't level up that much when in reserve. I also disliked the idea of having skills level up by number of uses instead of how they were used, meaning if I wanted to level up a skill I could very easily just get full SP, spam the skill in thin air and repeat(although truth be told I liked the way Celceta did it with cutting down on the number of levels and having all the levels add something to the skill instead of having it every 5 or every 10 levels like in seven).
But hey it was a game where I could use fists, bows, halberds and giant maces so it's kind of alright by me if Lacrimosa is supposedly perfected. I just wish that the bosses are good, I saw that one webm in the falcom thread of someone fighting a boss on catastrophe and it looked really similar to seven's bosses.

And as silly as it sounds I kind of hate how Falcom puts in the effort in a lot of places except not having equipment change the visuals of your character. I don't get it, Oath has it, Nayuta has it, why not Origin, Seven, Celceta and (I think) Lacrimosa?

People who support NISA deserve to get lynched

Got a good source/compilation of how hard they botched the translation? I've been waiting for this since the announcement they were doing it because I knew it was gonna be a complete shitshow.

Isn't that the case for all Ys bosses except for some in Ys1/2, like Dark Fact? Anyway, it seems way harder to me than other party Yses, but my reaction time seems to have gotten worse with the years so I might be wrong.

Still the case in a way but I didn't exactly check if the skill must hit for you to gain points. There's an item that speeds it up a lot. I don't remember if it existed in previous ones, and I've only maxed one skill. I did it through regular combat, and you only seem to regain SPs to spam it with through fighting or checkpoints so far.

What's wrong with the localisation? When playing I've seen nothing out of the ordinary so far, and whenever I've looked at the Falcom thread, all I've seen that was bad was the berry and crevice, which is honestly not much. No problems with the grammar or interpunction I've noticed, no memes. Any examples of what they've done wrong?

Sorry, apparently I have brain damage.
Iirc nothing substantial yet. I remember a thread some weeks back in which someone who got a pre-release copy said that it's not that bad, but I don't think he provided any sound proof.
Since it's word against word and it's NISA we're talking about, better safe than sorry.

origin has is for one weapon i believe. yunica's axe becomes a sword when you use fire element.
it doesn't bother me because i usually really like the model they use for the mc and i'd hate to be stuck with a shitty model just because i'm wearing some tier 2 armor or something.