I've been quite literally out last 5 years. About to get some gaymen going on again and buy PS4...

I've been quite literally out last 5 years. About to get some gaymen going on again and buy PS4. But then I looked at Eurogamer and realized Nier Automata and Star Wars Battlefront aside nothing seems interesting. Might as well buy PS3 or just watch animes on spare time.

Is gaming industry really so hollow as it seems after looking into what they are making for a few hours?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1100128/5263264753/?p=1
archive.is/3U8Pm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both of which are available on PC and are shit

Don't buy a PS4 and stay out of gaming for everyone's sake.

Remember, this is coming from a board whose users tell you that a switch is worthwhile and proceed to shit on other systems.

Mcfuckjmg kill yourself

I wouldn't bother if I were you. I've been out since 2006 myself and from what I've heard, it's just been nothing but a total mess ever since. Only post here because there's a lot of hilarious anons on here.

lol what a faggot

I really like Tearaway: Unfolded. Favorite game I've played in like a decade. Really underrated.

InFamous: Second Son is very good but very short and pales in comparison to InFamous 2. The standalone DLC, InFamous First Light is really good and honestly feels almost as good as the actual game, especially considering it was never marketed or priced as a full game.

Ratchet & Clank is Ratchet & Clank. It borrows a bit too much from the first game (it's based on the film which is based on the first game) and what's new largely isn't as good as the stuff that was in the first game but wasn't copied here. That said, it has all the improvements the sequels brought to the series, and the gameplay is still fun, even if it's not as good as the first one.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is a remake, but it's a very faithful one, and lets you play as Coco and get Relics in Crash 1 and 2. I had a lot of fun with that. It really gave me an appreciation for the level design in those games, especially the first one.

But yeah, beyond this, everything else I like is multiplat, and this is a pretty short list to begin with (that includes remakes). People said PS3 has no games, but PS4 really has no games. Of course the real problem is that practically no good games have come out since the PS4, period. Hell, even the gen before it barely had any games. 2007 isn't just a meme. 1998 was the peak year for vidya, and it took less than 10 years for everything to turn to shit.

That's just the loud vocal Nintendildo minority. Most of us here are PCfats.

Also OP, don't buy a PS4, it's even more nogaems than the PS3 was. Bloodborne, the only good exclusive, isn't better than the Souls games, and feels more casualized even. Not worth owning an entire console for tbh.

It was pretty much a dedicated Bloodborne machine for me for quite a while. I've got a couple of Weeb games, Yakuza, EDF, and Silver case to justify the purchase. Video games in general are effectively a waste of money at this point.

Don't buy consoles, they are a scam created with shitskins and ant people in mind. Instead buy better PC hardware with the money and pirate the shit out of whatever you want.

The only reason you see that minority being so loud is because the cake Jew and his merry band of faggots are Nintentoddlers and as such they let their ilk do whatever the fuck they want without repercussion.

Except almost the best games ever have been console exclusives. Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit were trying and failing to catch up to Super Mario Bros. 1 despite coming out nearly a decade later.

This has only begun to change in the last two gens. But the thing is, it's not that PC games have gotten better, it's that games overall have gotten worse. Still, the few good games made since have generally been console exclusives. Mostly on Nintendo since they don't attempt as much to mimic whatever third party trash is being pumped out by EA or Ubisoft or whoever. But even then, you could count the good games on the Wii U on your fingers, and the Switch doesn't have anything yet.

Consolefag taste is disgusting.

There are better games than platformers, kiddo. FPS games are only worth playing on PC, RTS the same, Turn based strategy was a;ways made better on PC, the best cRPGs came out on PC during the 90s and very early 2000s, adventure games, simulators. I'm sure I'm missing many genres. What consoles had for them were platformers, JRPGs, shm'ups, beat em' ups and fighting games (the last three being even better on arcades than on consoles). Puzzle games had decent titles on both and horror as a whole has always been hit or miss no matter the medium.

every time i go to look at new ps4 games or buy something i've had my eye on I always find there's 3 or 4 more on the horizon and there's just way too many games

youre better off just using that ps4 to buy yakuza 0, its one hell of a great game

In that case you'd probably be better off buying some PC hardware and play everything aka indieshit, e-sports memegames and emulators with better customization and graphics. Though japs aren't abandoning console gaming anytime soon, so if you want to play the latest weeb games like JRPGs, Yakuza and Let It Die you should get one.
Dreams also looks pretty cute and interesting, but it has no release date yet.

While both are a joke compared to the PS1 and PS2 in terms of library size, i would never put the PS3 above the PS4, The PS3 had nothing but a literal movie, cinematic dudebro nongames, shitty wagglan and 5.5/10 anime games.

CRPGs are nothing more than Dungeons and Dragons simulators that barely take advantage of the medium at all. Grand Strategy games are glorified board game simulators, point-and-click adventures are glorified choose-your-own-adventure novel simulators, etc. FPS is the only decent genre PC gaming has, and it has been shit for over a decade now.

Japanese games have always put an emphasis on the gameplay first, and adapting different genres and styles to the gameplay. PC gaming and Western gaming in general has worked the other way around, adapting existing shit to video game format. Gaming as we know it is primarily a Japanese invention.

Ok
Oh

Unlike every JRPG trying to be like Dragon Quest with the same story formula?

Is that why they needed to rip-off crpgs in order to "invent" jrpgs?

Holy shit, this guy is pure gold.

No, just one giant retard.

the only reason to buy a ps4 is bloodborne and yakuza.
i mean both are worth it but the console is still shit and you shouldn't give sony money

Get NioH and Yakuza 0
Also get DOAX3

ps4 is only worth buying if you like fighting games & gundam or some very specific weebshit. no gaems machine is actually a pretty decent purchase at this point

Well, he's not wrong, he specifically said "as we know it" which I think he means that the Japs invented what we would consider modern gaming. The Americans invented video games first and Jews like Magnavox and Atari first commercialized them, but I would consider this a rough early history. It was companies like the many Japanese arcade devs including Namco and later Nintendo and SEGA that would finally smooth out the rough edges of the industry into what we know today

ps4 is the only thing worth owning this gen

Speak for yourself, gooks couldn't invent games like Deus Ex, Bloodline, Fallout, Wizardry, Ultima, M&M even if they had all the time in the world.

you been reading some gay shit there user.
either that or you stumbled upon the pic and thought it's a rule 63.

i'm still waiting for a translation.

thank goodness they focus on game play. all those games are shit.

I sure love when consolefags lie to themselves, not realising that the DRM is the console itself.

Top kek. How's that nipponese bukkake, user?

exhentai.org/g/1100128/5263264753/?p=1
i got your back user.

deus ex is america's wizardry tbh, creator himself said as much

at least the cutscenes are skippable unlike this western masterpiece

And you're left with credits.

this one must have sounded more clever in your head

Visual novels are games, Japanese people said as such. It's reading a fucking novel while giving input even less often than with an 80s CYOA book. Deus ex's story at least relates eerily to what the deep state's aims are since the 60s and is still relevant 17 years later while having actual gameplay, that was good at the time but aged not as good, gameplay.

Never trust a people that would invent dirty panties vending-machines.

It sounded more clever in your mom.

Too right. Thanks for the recommendation on Tearaway. Looks fun. I'll try to remember it the next time I feel like playing a game.

For all the bitching about consoles, PC gaming would have been in the stone age, were it not for consoles convincing the majority that video games were something to do other than get high and have bastard children. Hardware manufacturers realized that better game performance meant more sales courtesy of the people chasing the bleeding edge, which had the secondary benefit of providing better computers for business use.

Battlefront reboot is shit "Came with my PS4" If you buy a PS4 avoid it.

Other than that shits kinda gone downhill so you're better off playing on PC/older consoles/emulators.

My last four purchases for the thing over the last two years are re-releases of older games i missed out on.

There's a few decent exclusives but nothing worth buying the console over.

is this what deus ex fags seriously believe? m8 its xfiles fanfiction inspired by suikoden 1 and 2.

he should have said pc gaming, but there's definitely a number of people who have promoted the switch favorably here.

mostly mark

If consoles were DRM free, you'd be able to run pirated games on them you dumb fucks.

And he is like, at least 40 people.

eats as much as one, like the time we went to buca di beppo

Reminder

man i aint reading all that shit

This is probably the worst one of these I've ever seen

yeah there's no way a mustard could live away from their parents house

Like clockwork

They're all equally shit and unfunny

I want cuckchan to leave

don't be a pussy pajeet, gimme the (you)

You faggots really have tunnel vision centered on Nippon don't you?

Have fun with your shit taste, bro.

FPS games are never worth playing.

Hope you like this and FPS because they're the only genres that are actually on windows.

Yeah not like anybody likes Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem or Tactics Ogre. (Personally I don't, but your point is still retarded)

No shit. The best console RPGs came out on console. Dividing by platform doesn't make it a new genre. Unless you're just talking about western RPGs, which are largely shit anyway.

You must mean point and clicks, which have always been shit with only a couple entries that actually have puzzles that make them fun, and more often were just excuses to publish stories which weren't good enough to get published in any other medium, because video game stories have lower standards, and computer games in particular had the low standards of grandmas buying them for grandchildren who they know "like those computer games" and don't know the difference between this and the games the kid actually wanted. Or I suppose you could also be europoors or regular poors whose parents didn't love you enough to get you real video games, leaving you with these poor excuses for games. All point and clicks were good for was slowly getting all their game elements stripped away, since the creators largely didn't ever care about those elements, and now we're left with TellTale Movies and walking simulators. Hope you're proud of being the SJW beachhead into the video game industry.

If you mean adventure games in general, you're a joke. But keep telling yourself that Zelda and other adventure games that people actually like are all shit. Whatever makes you feel better about your shitty childhood.

Practically not even games. But sure, go ahead and pretend they're fun I guess. You can have this along with FPS and RTS.

damn, cucked by nips. must suck to be a deus ex goon. archive.is/3U8Pm