Minecraff

Does anyone here know of a way through mods, plugins, total conversions, or any other such things to add some sort of natural progression to Minecraft?

The one thing Terraria always did better than Minecraft was the progression curve which is helped a lot by the number of tough enemies and bosses that gate off certain parts of the game.

The only thing that ever really gets in the way of you upgrading your tools is boring non-threatening enemies that sometimes spawn in the dark caves maybe if you forgot to bring torches.

The risk:reward ratio is entirely out of whack. I liked 3D Paint when I first bought the game when it was in pre-pre-Alpha but I'm tired of that shit now and I want an actual GAME.

I want to play minecum with mods how do? Depression from no job, no education, no gf sets in i might as well drown it in kid game until my years of life vanish.

Minecraft mods piss me the fuck off because everyone always wants their 20x ore furnaces and unbreakable fortune smelting instant mine pickaxes and infinite storage blocks.

What's the fucking point of playing a building/crafting game if you just want to make both of those activities trivial and/or obsolete to the point where the most meaningful thing you can build is pokemon pixel art?

There should be a whole chunk in there about food/farming near-ish the beginning, and then enchanting/alchemy near the end.

Sure you could probably do it bare fisted or something, but you can't deny that the progression is there.

Some people just want to create. That is where the fun is (for them). They don't want to waste 20 hours mining enough stone to build that castle, they just want the castle.

oh yeah baby give me that sweet sweet minecraft

I understand this bit. I prefer the 20h mining though, lets me feel like im simulating a building project.

There's no drive to do anything. Absolutely none. You can sit at wood tools forever and not worry about a thing. In Factorio and other 'open ended' games there's always at least a drive of some sort. Minecraft has none. Not to mention that it's solely played and populated by autistic schoolkids.

FTB and other technical modpacks add progression. Problem is it turns MC into Factorio and I believe you want solely terraria.

FEED THE BEAST

Then play in creative mode you drooling retard.

there the 1.7.10 modpack, I think it is pretty alright

This is why you'll later come back here and complain about "hunger stops all fun".
Bread has very little saturation, you're gonna have to keep a stack on you at all times and much on it every 30 seconds because of this shit.
Use your wheat to make a pig\cow\chicken farm and you can have meat with a much higher saturation value that bothers you far, far less.

Factually incorrect as you can't mine anything besides stone with wooden tools and you're not gonna survive or finish the game in leather armour and wooden swords alone, not to mention no rails, redstone or advanced machinery either.

I keep saying that the game needs way more automation to it with NPC's not just machines.
You grind a decent chunck of iron, you've proven that you can get your iron, now the game should allow you to automate iron gathering so you can move on to something else.

nice bait famalam

There were some RPG mods like AoA for 1.7.10 that had you progressing through increasing strenght dimensions. But they still got boring since minecraft's combat is total shit and no mod can fix it unless it remakes the player's and monsters combat mechanics from scratch.

where do i download this so i don't have to log in and i can just click play and play like it used to be?

Personally I prefer to go with a full-auto melon farm. Sure melon is terrible food, but you only need to plant it once and can automate harvesting and collection permanently, so it's easy to walk around with a full stack at all times.

It depends on what kind of progression you want. If you want gear/tech progression, FTB Infinity Expert is fucking great. If you want difficulty progression… I haven't seen much on that front. It's annoying but people don't like danger. And Minecraft's combat sucks anyway.

Terrafirmcraft if you like waiting a zillion years to melt some copper

Is TFC still as autistic as it used to be? Like, with full on "Look, just read the wiki for literally every step of doing essentially anything except walking around"

That's how most mods are and how they will be in the forseeable future. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Rotary/Reactorcraft and Thaumcraft as providing rather comprehensive in-game information on their features.

I normally play vanilla and set myself stupid objectives then get burned out and stop playing for months, but if you want mods:

So play an actual game instead of a sandbox for autistic kids

Vanilla server, Factions for Anti-Grief. Come get comfy and express yourself, building shit using autism blocks.

Version 1.10
192.99.148.39:25582

Looks like the anons were right when they said we were reddit tier a few years back.

Dumping minecraft memes.

The only way I've managed to get close to a feel of natural progression is by having at least 1 mod for every stage of development (stone age/bronze age/steam power/eletricity), then autistically editing configs and modifying recipes so that the next tier of tech will always branch from the previous.

I've found out that forge itself is largely the issue with killing performance, probably because for every hook added to it is a extrapolated set of methods to replicate vanilla functions.
You can see an immediate drop in performance between FTB for 1.4.7 and FTB 1.6.4, without any major change in quantity of mods. Even just loading forge alone seems to decrease performance in 1.7.10, and despite the number of mods lost in version updates, the number of each mod requiring a 'core mod' has made up for the difference, since nobody wants to use another person's core mod.

tfc is still and always will be that autistic

Maybe this winter I'll actually work on some mods that only work off MCP instead of forge, try to cut the fat and make expandable modules that anyone can use and create options for vanilla functionality.

Dump is over

jk

i play it regulary on lan with friends

Get A+ certificate, learn SQL, work IT desk. Job get. Become user WORKS IT.
It's legit though, you make a living wage.
Mods at this point are pretty easy, forge has a one click installer and you can throw zips in a folder and breddy mudge bress blay :DDDDDDDD

remember minetest.

play gmod.

that shit was an absolute disaster

enjoy the shit combat no one asked for

FUCK YOUR MINECRAP

I saw the fusion reactor and almost started building one once. That was in FTB 1.4 when it was a 5x5 multiblock, something 1 man could feasibly build, before they changed it to be the size of the fucking Marker from Dead Space 2.
I swore off IC2 after that.

classic ic2 was one of the best mods, it added just so much content on it's own that very little extra was needed
between redpower, buildcraft, forestry, and ic2 you could have a perfect industrial complex
then you could math the shit out of the nuclear reactors for optimal fuel efficiency and set up a breeder reactor to re-enrich depleted fuel cells, and either grow resources with the redwheat/iron+gold plant or just dump all your power into UU-matter
then set up a resource processing factory to divide the UU-matter into making coal, uranium, and the shit used for making power armor

then they wanted to turn ic2 into gregtech, buildcraft has robots, redpower is dead, and forestry is worthless with a dozen crop automation mods

That makes shit lame though. Back when I had crippling autism and played this game I found it much more interesting when power structures came about organically and there was a constant tug-of-war between some sort of feudalist order and anarchy. Of course, you would need dedicated players who posses intellegence and communicate with one another to actually pull this off.

That is the only reason I ever played 4craft and civcraft servers, back in the day. The organic power-struggles really got my autism fired up, the entire bit about natural grudges, alliances, allies and enemies forming. Fuck man, now I'm nostalgic. People forming literal R&D pacts behind-the-scenes to research the elusive tech of sticky-piston torpedos. Too bad both of them have been populated by redditors, like all of cuckchan, and our /tg/craft is about building autism and nothing more.

Fucking idiot theres no nether dragon did you even play the game

Damn man, now I'm really feeling it again.

FTB is one of the primary reasons Minecraft's modding community is so shit.

Is there a mod that only adds taming in for other animals (like the spiders and slimes) and adds more things to tame?

I'm bored as fuck and don't feel like playing an actual good game. Somebody put up a server that isn't building autism without anti-grief.

Sounds like the world needs something like 2b2t, but with the spawn point changing every so often so new players don't spawn in an asteroid impact zone.

At least it's comfy.

I could have a server up within the hour, but I don't know about having the spawn point change regularly.
Also I doubt I'd have time to actually be on it.

Are you ready to build brown bricks on the 3DS? Why the fuck are they releasing this now? It's like six years late.

That'd be cool.

I remember a few years back there was a modpack that was pretty comfy, and the one working server had extra large biomes set. Next to the 9 island map and that floating island map that one dude made during the 1.3 beta update just sailing an endless ocean exploring the single biome islands I came across was the most fun I've ever had in that game.
Too bad that server reset the map and the massive oceans were gone.

Terra Firma Craft