Tell me about PUBG

I've noticed an immense amount of hate on Holla Forums for games like PUBG. I haven't played the game yet but close friends are obsessing over it and know that It cant be that good. But tell me about the game Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=Cz-JJQK2xD0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme)
archive.fo/sq60Z
twitter.com/amanokoyuki
youtube.com/watch?v=P-tT8Bi6Cyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the game you shoot other players and walk a lot.

its day z but an invisible barrier slowly closes in around you causing damage if you are outside the line forcing all players to fight as they make their way to the middle until only one player, or team, is left

You don't get to bring friends.

From what I see, it's a streamer-bait DayZ clone #109, now with crates and gay shit to pay for, like every other cancergame of this caliber.

I don't get the hate for it on here. It fixed the problem dayz had where you just sit around for hours not doing anything and die to bugs the devs will never fix.

killing streamers or honking your horn nearby a streamer gets you banned even if you didn't know the faggot you killed was a streamer.

proof?

Oh yeah.. forgot about that.

Just google it

Is that fucking true?
proof, and if you can provide me with some I will forget the idea of buying that shitty game.

It's an unoriginal game filled with microtransactions, shilled by streamers, and beloved by shit taste normalfags. It's everything wrong with modern vidya condensed into one shitshow.

you sure thats not stalking streamers on their stream

The microtransaction part is shit, but pretty much everything else you said translates to "It's popular so I don't like it". This is where the hipster/v/ meme comes from. Although the game is forever condemned since the dev is banning people for killing streamers.

Yeah, I've noticed modern games are just all looks. Because that's all normalcucks want. They have no taste. I mean these new games are like a woman who has incredible features, nice tits, great ass, but her vagina is wider than the grand canyon and it's incredibly dirty.

It's okay, streamers are not people

If you're the type of guy who buys shit because friends play it, just go ahead, it won't matter. You'll jump on the next one anyhow.

No I really don't. I at least attempt to get outside opinions before I make a decision.

true

if you have friends that play it with (((discord))) its preddy good striving for that win

but every time I tried to play it solo I got bored as fuck and didnt want to play it

take Arma 2 and:
replicate the environment as much as possible
remove any and all consequences for dying. This is the most important step to get all the normalfags to play.
water down combat as much as possible (ie: remove suppression, and all negative effects that occur from being shot, make weapons use ammo from a pool and make magazines arbitrary limits, cause remembering that magazine with only 3 rounds in it from the last firefight is too much for the average player)
remove 90% of weapons, then separate all remaining weapons into pools based on ammo, that can be modified by lazily implemented magical global weapon mods (pistol mags that make a 'glock' hold 25 rounds, but also make a 1911 hold 12 rounds. oh and you reload faster? optics that fit on pistols also fit on ARs and on AKMs?)
change the inventory from space to weight limits, but don't have movement be affected by weight
somehow have your vehicle interact with your physics engine even worse than pre-OA arma 2…
I could keep going but its late and I'm tired and drunk.
TL;DR dont spend money on this shit game
but maybe play it if your friend buys you a copy lol

It takes a bit more than that, but the developers are pretty adapt at kissing up to their streamers.
So if somebody ques up at the same time as a streamer multiple times (cancels if he doesn't get into the same game) and then goes straight to where the streamer landed they'll ban him for "stream-sniping".

Here's an example since you fuckers can't search for yourselves.

Average game in PUBG
It's a rng camping simulator. Spawn in the lucky spot and camp for an hour, it's a boring meme game that has paid loot boxes while it's still in early access. Fuck streamers for making this shit game so popular.

Thanks, AIDsmonkey.

I seriously hope this is b8.

Aside from Rainbow Six, I can't think of a single FPS that DOESN'T do this.

It's shit

Yes but I was comparing pubg to arma 2.
And the ammo pool is one of the biggest detractors of an FPS for me, so I always complain about it.
its not hard to implement, its just too difficult for retards to fathom that ammo doesn't magically empty itself from one magazine and fly into a new, magically summoned, magazine that materializes off screen and fills with ammo from your lose rounds that jingle about in your pockets.

all I got

Don't worry, bro, I get you. It's one of the reasons I like Receiver once in a while. It's interesting to me to have empty mags be… important pickups, as opposed to being assumed to come with ammo.

Thats enough for a refund. its bad enough waiting 3-5 seconds for the shitty game to load up its menu because of terrible optimization.

She is not only a QT but has a sense of humor. That works for me.

It's basically a battle royale type of game, you get dropped in on an island, find weapons and kill everyone until you're the last man standing.
In concept it sounds like a lot of fun but in execution it's awful. The map is pretty large but there's at most like a hundred players in a server, so every time interval they tell you there's a safe zone and anyone outside that safezone takes damage and dies off, so it's essentially hoping you don't get picked off by whoever while you're booking it to the safe zones and then duking it out in the meatgrinder that is the safe zones. It plays kind of like DayZ, as in it runs like ass, lags like ass and feels like ass. At first I was going to recommend buying it, playing one match and seeing whether or not you should refund it, but honestly thinking back I don't think I enjoyed myself much after the the thrill wore off by the second match and thank god I refunded before the 2 hour limit.
As for the stream sniping/honking shit, I have heard people get banned for that kind of shit. Although you could very much be this guy and just be milking it for attention.
hooktube.com/watch?v=Cz-JJQK2xD0
It kind of says a lot about your quality and entertainment as a streamer if your highlight is having watchers spam cancer and memes at you until it actually surpasses whatever you're going to put out.

Problem is, having to juggle around magazines is a chore not worth the effort implementing in most cases, same as the gun manipulation mechanics of Receiver are. Yes, it's neat if you're going for a very, very specific type of game, but in all other instances it's useless clutter than adds nothing to the game.

it`s a meme game you fucking cuck, if you couldn`t figure this out by yourself it`s probably the kind of game you would like

hate how this fag pushed gachimuchi to the normalfag masses

Was bound to happen eventually.

I can understand the hate because the developers are absolute cunts and terrible people that I would not advocate supporting. The game itself is honestly good, though. It takes the appeal that DayZ and its clones and the battle royale clones had, then just condenses it. It takes out the hours and hours and hours of downtime and makes it much faster paced.

The match-based structure reduces the "run away from everything" of DayZ a shitload while at the same time retaining just enough investment in your character/loadout to not want to die. This is why it's succesful.

Ching chong needs to go back.
Vapid consumption patterns matching this faggot is what caused the decline in vidya.

Its literally just a standalone ARMA mod. That's it.

It's not just a standalone ARMA mod, it's a standalone ARMA mod with crate drops and bans for killing streamers.

fotm

I normally do not care, but FUCK

PUBG is the biggest cancer ever released

If it's invisible, how do you know it's closing in?

well, you are out of the game if you die and don't get ingame currency for skins. do you want your save to be corrupted as a penalty? i dont get what you'd like the consequence to be
you die fairly quickly if you don't seek cover immediately and slowing players down more would make it less exciting, since it would end up in no one taking the risk to enter the safe zone late on purpose. i don't see why the game should have suppression mechanics, it is not really a tactical shooter
yes, weapons with 5.56 ammuntion use up 5.56 ammunition

it may be the current flavour of the month, but if you know what to expect its a pretty fun game

Insurgency. Arma.

A notification flashes on the top part of the screen and the barrier is shown on your minimap in the lower right hand corner

Everytime this game is posted about here there are literally always the exact same complaints.

As someone with 100 hours in the game I'll elaborate on these points.

A quick look through this users Reddit history shows that he has been banned from other video games in the same vein such as H1Z1 for stream sniping. The guy is a shitlord.

Would you deflower her?

Wasted fucking dubs, now kill yourself you ape.

it's basically the survival game normalfags having been trying to get for years designed in a manner that cuts out all of the downtime & grinding that happens in day z, rust etc… i don't really give a shit about the genre or shooters in general but they did a good job getting to the core of what people want out of these games

Ok.

This is fucking stupid. Streamers intentionally disadvantage themselves by showing their screen to anyone on the internet. So clearly they get special treatment if other players are punished for taking advantage of that.

RO and RS do this
so does insurgency. interestingly, the saiga-12 alone in insurgency uses ammo-pool when it shouldnt probably a glitch because its the only mag-fed shotgun so they fucked up giving it tube-fed ammo

That might have been a bad example, but it's not unlikely that someone has gotten banned for being unlucky enough to kill the same guy twice.

Twitch has broadcast delay options for problems like this, but streamers don't use it because they won't make as much from people abusing their donations to say stupid things. It's their own fault for being too jewish to take precautions.

You stupid motherfucker they admitted themselves they were using it as a test of it's viability and only part of the funds made from keys went to the invitational.
Also why is a game like this in a fucking competitive setting?

It's okay. The easiest way to win is to go to Zarki right off the bat.
It's one of those "fun with friends" type of game.

The Barrier is actually visible

Also this. Because of that its easy to pick up and even if you die you dont get frustrated, because you didnt just flush hours or days down the toilet.

To be fair, most of the appeal in streaming seems to be in doing a direct broadcast and interacting with your audience in real time.
If you add a delay, they aren't really talking with you at all and it's no different than seeing a recording.

Anons hate it because its popular. Notice most don't give you an actual answer. I dont play it because I dont play early access stuff. Looks like it would get boring after a while unless you had friends.

most of the appeal is to either see some girl play and hope she'll show you her tits or a loud retard

This.

Its boring, repetitive, and unfun. Only idiotic try hard call of duty fans play it. If you want a tactical shooter just play arma or something also theres a battlegrounds mod for it so you get X2 the content faggot

NIGGER

Go to bed PewDiePie

seems like she is at least going all out, while her good looks last.

Why? I'll never understand the cult following these whores have selling themselves through a webcam. That goes for lets plays too.

Thirsty, pathetic betas desperate for female attention, any kind of female attention, are the downfall of Western civilization.

Played it at a friend's house because he wouldn't shut up about me trying. Seems pretty fun but I have just a few problems with it:
If you're not using a sniper your chances of winning are even slimmer than usual
I get that it's supposed to be big. But a lot of the map seems like fluff because the play area only ever seems to close in on a few spots that make it so that there are areas that will always end up outside the play area no matter what. You quickly get to a point when half the players are dead but the play area is too big so you don't find any action for 5-10 minutes, which is fucking boring.
Trying to get around the smallest of obstacles in this game is a chore. Which in a game that demands movement, is really bad design.
All the foliage and vision obscuring objects are still in the game and you get the added benefit of playing this unoptimized piece of shit in it's most stable form
Which means hitting alt+F4 or booting up the task manager, killing the game and restarting it, hoping you can get back in in-time before you're auto-ejected and killed by the guy farming free kills from the auto-ejected afks
tl;dr - Although it's a buggy unbalanced mess, still kind of fun(team based modes with friends seem like they'd be the way to play but I didn't try those) and the best execution of the battle royale concept I've seen in a game so far(not like that's really saying a whole lot).

Didn't realize we had someone here from Bluehole Studio Inc.

People hate it because it's popular. Sounds ridiculous? Well try and remember how games becoming more mainstream and popular was a good thing.

Most problems with vidya industry like jewish devs/publishers, lgbtbbq fuckery, GAYMUR CULTUR, cramming politics into vidya, interactive movies and casualization is direct result of vidya becoming popular and no longer being for nerds and basement dwellers.

Plus it's streamer's newborn babby right now so you get bonus dumb entertainment aka tits or jokes revolving around some retard yelling loud noises to the mic.

The game itself is just aight. A standalone version of ye olde Battle Royale style mods for Arma and the like. The issue is that it's a fucking 30$ Early Access title with a whopping ONE MAP and microtransactions(albeit only cosmetic) that has successfully attracted every underage b& and faggot streamer under the sun.

Your explanation about microtransactions means nothing. The reason most people dislike Bluehole is because they lied about microtransactions. They said it would never be in the game, and wow look at that, there they are.

And people on here get mad when you call them a retard for being ruled by sex.
Humans still are only a step above animals.

Are you suggesting there are people who wouldn't?

She's not white, so…

Whiter than Holla Forums.

God is dead and we killed him.

Doesn't this game have only one map?

Bizarely. You'd think they'd switch it up, but people are willing to slap down money for nothing in return. I wish I could make a game that got me rich because people saw Youtubers playing it.

At least Let's Players can have entertaining commentary if you get the right people in on the deal, even then, you should probably just listen to a podcast at that point.

Camwhores profit off of betas who think throwing enough money at some cunt halfway across the country will actually get them some pussy one of these days, or at least get them to flash their tits at their top-grossing patreons. Only retards actually pay female streamers though, even if you're that desperate and thirsty, you should just pay an actual camwhore a couple hundred bucks to get her to ride some dragon dildos or something.

How is that webm funny to you at all? Nasheeds are boring and old, "clyde i found a nigger" isn't funny either. The girl isn't even attractive either, just some flat faced celestial gook streamer that's caked in makeup made from dog foreskin. I've also seen it posted here plenty of times before too, and all you retards seem to love the fact the girl has a "sense of humour" and "is a qt" and its just such a FUNNY thing to happen.

Am I just obtuse? Nothing about that webm is entertaining in any capacity.

Fuck off, sperg.

It's fun but runs like shit because gooks can't code.

Is that the girl from facial abuse?

Fucking waste of doubledubs. There is nothing wrong with streamsniping. Streamers are the worst fucking type of cancer.

It's camp and hope that RNG doesn't force you to move simulator 3000. Some people might find that fun.

Nah, she's too chinky looking.

Let me fucking post for fucks sake

It's very poorly optimized from what i've heard and solely exists for your favorite funny scresm youtubers to play like DayZ.

Is the game good for adrenaline spikes? I loved the rush I got in DayZ back when it was brand new, will I get the same thing here?

You are a wrong, lying kike. There is a direct quote from the PUGB devs in vid related, which discusses the situation from start to finish, where they clearly state that they CANNOT PROVE the banned player was stream sniping.

This is indefensible and you are everything that is wrong with modern video games if you consider, even for a moment, accepting it. If the developers do not have good enough tools to prove infractions, they cannot enforce them, simple as that. Their only possible option at that point is to improve the tools, and if there is something about the nature of the game or the tools which makes improvement impossible then that's too damn bad.

Isn't this the game where you get banned for shooting popular letsplayers while they're streaming?

Everyone knows Asians are the real master race

Even if he was stream sniping, PU's actions were reprehensible.
A person who broadcasts their actions in an online multiplayer game must assume the risk of people using said live broadcast for an unfair advantage.
Don't want to assume that risk? DELAY YOUR FUCKING STREAM

Underrated post and /thread

I wish I saved those pictures of the Holla Forums meetup where it was mostly half-breeds and asians.

its the same reason why watching letsplayers and reaction videos and streamers is fucking pathetic: it's a simulation for playing with friends. instead of getting the guys together, buying a 24pack of beer, and playing smash into the wee hours of the morning, you plant your ass down at your computer and you watch four random dudes do they exact same thing. it's absolutely pathetic

if you don't have a gf and want sex but don't want to jump through hoops, you buy a whore for your time and enjoy yourself. you get nothing from paying a cam whore other than a net loss of cash and some tits playing video games. there is nothing to be proud of when you stoop that low as a person.

why live

More then one would be too confusing.
Keep it simple and easy so that streamers can easily convey why they "like" it.

Also, fuck third and first person cameras. Devs should make it so you're locked into one or the other. Preferably first person because corner peeking with the third person camera does indeed happen and it's pure bullshit. Anything in a multiplayer game(that isn't a power weapon or powerup) that makes it so the enemy can see you but you can't see them needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

shit game, can't run it due to shit engine called unreal engine 4.

Don't buy it

I mean, at least I can still pick up recommendations with emulators, and I know I can't have the best of everything, but I wouldn't mind having someone to play comfy games with that actually had two x chromosomes and wasn't known for causing blindness as a passive ability. at least college has some cute girls I'm talking to

As for PUBG:the catering to stream fags is pretty cancerous, even if it is their source of success, the shit is getting old. Some fag crying about how people are killing them while they stream despite basically giving the whole planet the ability to watch their every move is getting old.

ace mod for arma even lets you repack magazines

Implying being a shitlord isn't a good thing.

You've outed yourself, back to reddit with you.

Why would you complain about camwhores? Are you affected?

The only people losing money over it are the retards who spend it, they deserve it. If I was hot grill I would be doing the same, minimal effort for maximum gain, playing video games all day. All you have to do is wear a slightly revealing top and put your webcam a shelve higher than usual.

I have $20 on steam right now from a raffle I won and I've been thinking of getting into a new FPS like this. Is this game worth it?

Read the fucking thread

What the fuck is that stance on the left pic? Also those thighs are disgusting, what the fuck?

…But it's the opposite? There's infinitely more consequences for dying than literally any other modern game. What the fuck are you talking about?

OH BOY PUBG I LOVE PUBG
Oh, PUBG! I cannot wait to play PUBG. Do you know what my favorite thing to do is in PUBG? I love honking my car with PUBG. Killing streamers with PUBG is the best thing and the most amount of fun you can have while playing a game. I understand why all the kids are playing this game these days – it's because they like to kill brown streamers with PUBG. I also like to kill brown streamers with PUBG. It's the most fun you can possibly have. What is the point of PUBG? 

I think it's to honk your horn and kill streamers

The only people willing to be seen at a Holla Forums meetup will be the non-whites as they're at no risk.

I honestly like the concept of the game.

However, giving this dev money would just feel gross.

wew lad
it's cancer of the month, something else will take over when their favorite streamers stop playing it

Can't mods just ban this shit on Holla Forums?

TELL ME ABOUT PUBG, WHY IS PLAYER UNKNOWN?

user, it's been steadily rising for several months now. It is played more than CSGO and Dota 2 every day. It already has more total hours played than CSGO, and will also pass Dota 2 in total hours played by the end of the month. It has about as many current plays as Dota and CSGO COMBINED.

It won't be going anywhere any time soon.

How the shit, I don't fucking get this. This game is apparently the next best thing since fucking sliced bread off of a hookers ass, yet I've barely even heard of it until today. Same with that shitty Mexican pop song that became the most viewed JewTube video in a couple of months. Even in an area that's more or less overflowing with spics I still hadn't so much as even heard the name of the song until it broke 3 billion views.

Seriously, someone explain this shit. Gangnam Style was a cultural phenomenon that blasted into the mainstream and took over just about every single form of media there was, and yet it still took it five years to almost hit 3 billion views. Meanwhile some corny ass Mexican fuck with a terrible haircut gets Bustin Jieber to sing over a shitty GarageBand preset beat and beats it out in half a year. DotA and CS were established properties that had years, almost multiple decades of playtime behind them, and are considered staple franchises of online multiplayer gaming. Now some early access piece of shit comes out of fucking nowhere, propelled by nothing but attention whores and school kids, and (if I'm to believe your post and others like it) it's already swept them off their feet as the go-to online multiplayer game.

I don't know if I've ever felt so out of the loop. I've never really been one to care about what normalfags do and don't like, but I've always at the very least heard about it. Now that it's more public than ever though, it's like I'm on a desert island and my only means of communication with the outside world is an AM radio that I have to crank in order to power. What the shit is going on, anons? What the fuck is happening?

fake views, it's the only way to explain it

It looks fun, youtubers make it funnier, it's very popular because it's hard, and that makes the challenge fun.
Stop making such a fuzz about being an outcast.

also they killed dota 2 with the addition of fountains and talent trees, i mean killed for real, not the "DED GAEM" kind of memespeak, i can't talk for CS:GO but they modified a heavy machine gun to have no recoil on full auto, the bottom line is that PUBG is better at being PUBG than dota at being dota right now, and when dota was being dota, it made numbers above PUBG level right now

this

Rampages with multiple dudes jumping to one big zone are quick way to get bp but camping is the way to eventually win. This game is really "fun with friends", i've got one buddy whom i play multiple mmos with and decided to try this game, it's not that expensive (15 dollarydoos when you buy this with russian rubles on steam). I wouldn't play this solo at all, shit's too boring

I don't think it looks very fun from what I've read honestly. Jewtube does have a very staggering influence as well, but it's always far bigger than I think. Seeing this shit is nuts to me.
Did I just stroke out, what the fuck does that mean?
That's precisely what's so frustrating about all this, is that I wouldn't really call myself an outcast. I have plenty of normalfag friends, family, and co-workers that I talk to on a regular basis. I'm not a shut-in, I don't live in a particularly small town, and I'm not a shy beta faggot that never talks to anyone, so why the fuck is it taking so long for all of this shit to reach me? That's what I'm saying, stop being retarded.

That makes sense I suppose. I don't play DotA so I don't know why that would kill the game, but that sounds believable. I know some normalfags who got sucked in deep by LoL back when it was the in-thing to play and apparently its the same story there as well, where they added or changed enough shit that everyone just got fed up and left.

It means it's fun dipshit
You are sperging out about not understanding how something fun picked up by youtubers became popular you fucking spastic.

You aren't really? Are you sure?

God damn

I understand why it's popular you double nigger, I'm just baffled at how I seem to be less and less aware of these things despite how popular they are. Stop getting lost in trying to spew shit that you forget what it was even about in the first place. Also your word salad of a sentence there still makes no sense, it's popular because it's hard and it's fun because it's popular? Write like someone who actually knows the English language.

Yes.

this is news to me, what a bunch of fags

That happens when you stop paying attention, congratulations.

lrn6red

PUBG is a game that's popular with normalfags because its the closest thing to co-op left that isn't your usual CS:GO/TF2/DOTA2 clone. There are tons of people I work with whom assume, because I play video games, that I totally want to go play pubguh with them after work. Everything that normalfags typically stick to in the industry is falling apart so they are willing to jump on the new bandwagon, which PUBG just happened to be there for.

Developers have a term for streamers, "influencers", basically due to the explosion of streaming publishers are dying to bribe them with free games over journalists because there is more influence for some fag who plays video games badly but is charismatic than your average SJW journo. PUBG was just in the right place at the right time and a bunch of the wrong people are profiting from it now.

So the combined factor of it being both difficult AND popular is what actually makes the difficulty fun? As in, if it weren't popular, the difficulty would no longer be fun? Because that's the implication of that. If that's what you're saying, that sounds pretty shitty if you ask me.

"Influencers" makes my skin crawl. Same with the word "content". It removes all humanity from it. They're not people that make videos with their friends anymore, they're Youtubers/Influencers/Streamers that make content for a living. It's disgusting.

Gee, I wonder why streamers are called that.

I want every streamer shot in real life, culling them digitally is practically a duty to anyone who is capable of doing it.

So… this kind of mode got so popular thanks to the Ark and the zombie survival MMO with a weird name?

I don't find the appealing to be honest. Also, the unnamable zombie game has been forgotten already, didn't it?

This game has nothing to do with Ark. The only thing it can be compared to is something like DayZ or the Arma 3 mod that was the same thing and made by the same people.

I mean that the whole Battle Royale/Hunger games style of game started with Ark.

No they started even before arma 2 which was published in 2009 you ding dong.

Who are you calling ding dong, you silly billy?

I seriously believe the hunger games kind of game began getting popular with the Ark alternative mode and the Let's Players streaming it, but I'm probably wrong and you are probably right because I don't care enouth about that genre.

The only good survival game that came out of Early Access is 7 Days to Die.

It's basically like hunger games except there happens to be a shit ton of weapons and equipment in abandoned buildings. It's also a buggy piece of shit.

Its really good, I want so much to play and everyone seems like such a noob playing it I'm gonna easily kill them all.
Pliz send key ok?!
like and subscribe!

PUBG is another high-chaser game, like MOBAs. you see a streamer do something cool or all your friends are playing it so you hop in. for the most part its a slog but then one entertaining thing happens or you net that big play and then you keep playing and dragging yourself through hours upon hours of shitty matches just to get that high again.

it plays like that kind of warfare intentionally, not the sort of fast paced fps CoDutiers are used to
the game is more demanding on skill than anything, yes snipers are best, but there is projectile trajectory to take into consideration
and even then its crap at quick short ranges, that's why you have three weapon slots,

more over, the goal of the game is not get kills, but to survive, most people doesn't even get that
you have to take into consideration before blindly shooting at anyone passing by that you might alert other enemies who might get you on your back

sure you have to remember this is still in early development
I'd say this is just bad management, they're trying to cater to the streamfags and vidya competitors,
a shitty way to do that if you ask me, but what else could they do?

also!

heh

Too bad it's obvious sarcasm and in reality he's a bleeding-heart e-celeb liberal advertised to young kids

No it didn't. Not even remotely close.

This is the state of PC gaming

Okay but the problem is that the game is dominated entirely by semi-auto mid-long range weapons because the close-range gunplay is a complete mess. The problem with the map being too big is that it makes it so that SMGs and shotguns aren't something you use because you've entered a building or an alleyway, it's something you use because you haven't found an assault rifle, DMR or Sniper yet.
SMGs and shotguns are treated more like a nuisance you have to put up with because the RNGesus didn't grace your landing spot with good loot. The game actively discourages close-range combat, and because the way the sound design works it's impossible to sneak up on someone hiding in a building.
Close-range gunplay sucks, in close-quarters an AR is very likely to beat an SMG or shotgun and sound whoring campers are basically invincible if they're smart enough.
The tl;dr of the problem is that in a situation in which you have the choice to get a semi-auto mid-long ranged weapon, you'd be stupid not to take it.

serious question should i tap into pubg streamer bullshit for shit and giggles and see if it leads anywhere?

Yeah dude go for it. Be sure to come back with the results. I live to see people around me fail and you seem like a goldmine.

I love failure
but i'll try I have some business to attend to this early morning for myself gotta see how much cheaper i can get some glasses(wearing like 5 year old glasses is bad) at cosco and the only cosco is an basically and hour to and back so at most in like 3 hours I should be streaming from now

are you trying to prove me wrong? i will DESTROY your argument with FACTS

actually if she gets paid for it shes a professional, even if its for 5 minutes a week

What? So the streamer revealed the IP of the lobby on strea or something?

if they had good values almost all of them won't have em for long, user

id assume that most of the game's players are either at or below the age of 22

the wut?

I'm guessing you're talking about despacito?

well, basically these are real life memes, which is essentially the spread of ideas through mimicking (citation en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme)
and its not like they exploded from one day to the other, that music itself, I've listened to it on a off for at least a whole year before it blew up, reggeaton itself is a popular genre
same goes for pubg, I've known it and been watching liked youtubers playing it since it basically released, its kinda surprising seeing that it only now began to blow up like that

like seriously, do you think that is really something to like a game, I'd mean, its okay to get into a new game and binge on it for some time,
but to the point that people only play that one game for the whole fucking time? we're talking serious autism epidemic here
and I get that its fun because you play with friends and it has a competitive nature to it

but holy fucking shit mate, how much enjoyment are you really getting from that? what do you actually remember from playing back these games, you know what I mean?

but even your favourite meme letsplayer is playing it

What the fuck is this ABSOLUTE garbage. Listen to that squeaky squirrely voice JESUS CHRIST

weeaboos are going to be the death of this board.

you're welcome!

fucking japanese man, go figure
surprising thought they usually don't go for western memes

No one cares.

so you would rather the match last 14 hours until the last 2 players find each other in a 64 square kilometer map and one kills the other?

Are you implying that PUBG is a western meme?

How long has Dota 2 been around? How long has PUBG been around? Will PUBG not suffer a decline like DayZ, H1Z1, or Overwatch has suffered?

h1z1 and dayz success has been moderated, i'm interested in overwatch's decline, how bad is it?

at over 3 grand he's a Saudi guy looking for a human toilet.
He'll probably invite her over to Dubai some time later.

you have to go back

ban face cams and 99% of the problem with streamers goes away.

Well, its developers have had to make it look like they're doing something to fix the "toxicity" in the community……

archive.fo/sq60Z

Fuck off goon scum.

This walking poz dispenser is in charge of Overwatch?

That's Tigole from EQ, leader of the insane autist guild legacy of steel

>we've all fallen short of godly progressive standards
all this absurd moralfaggotry. This guy isn't a game dev, he's a youth pastor. these fuckers don't even know what business they're in, anymore.

What a faggot.
Just do what dota does, there's a good goy hidden meter - starts at 5k, max is 10k lowest is 0.
3 report categories, feeding, ability abuse, chat abuse, like yelling like a retard,
For abandoning too many games you get a shitter queue, win 3 or more to leave as a punishment.
Mute exists for a reason.

i want to break that cuck in half.

Religion is bigoted and backwards, however totalitarian systems are very progressive, because you're the gods and can make up rules as you go

So THIS is where that absolute garbage reaction image came from.

Are you actually defending a PUBG-faceccam-lol so fahnny-screaming streamer?

There's some anime girl shit in it so it's OK!

It is fooni fooni haha because it is a japanese streamer who makes kawaii uguu voices and I want to fuck the 3D model if you disagree with me ur goon.
Seriously though, she is probably like some failed japanese VA or seiyuu whatever who couldn't cut it for anime so she is now using her mediocre SUGOIII skills to bank on retarded weebs'

You know what, she doesn't look bad…

twitter.com/amanokoyuki
she doesnt look bad either.
guess what, shes a scat porn "actress"

Well, the other chick isn't, so I don't see the issue.

Plastic surgery

That's because people all over the world play Dota, meanwhile PUBG goes pretty low before going right back over 1 million every day. The total hours played and how quickly PUBG has already caught up to Dota in that is the real thing to look at.

No, buy something that's actually fun instead

A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED GAY

It's the same thing as all the other early acess survival trash.

This is the second ARMA mod that's turned into a meme game, and turned into unavoidable cancer that's manifested into other games trying to cash in on it.

Doesn't help that ARMA itself just isn't a fun game, and by that same extension, neither were DayZ or PUBG. Everything is awkward, stiff, and feels like you're controlling a fucking robot. Not to mention the joke that is hit registration.

On the other hand, I don't really care. ARMA meme games are the new ASSFAGGOTS, and serve as great cancer containment centers that keep them out of real games.

ftfy

well I've guess I was waiting for this…
all my doubts are answered now

That's not including bots in dota, which are used for account buying.

One of the main things PUBG actually gets right over ARMA is better movement and gun handling that doesn't feel awkward or stiff.

Why do people hate streamers? What impact do streamers have on the videogame community? Surely, if you don't like their content, you simply don't watch it, right?

Actually, it's worse than arma. Are you mentally challenged?

They bring cock-gobbling retards like you into the hobby and lower the average intelligence of the videogame crowd by a very large margin. See your own idiotic defense of people who just see you as income source as best example.

What reaction image?

Since when was Kizuna AI's identity exposed? I thought nobody knew who she really was.

It's extremely painful how she barely reacts to gunfire, especially when she's being targeted. She has to be actually shot to react, holy shit.

Dota is dead with that talent tree shit. Nobody in their right mind should be playing that pile of shit right now.

Re: Someone who has been playing the series on and off for 10 years, but would probably never play ASSFAGGOTS again.

>

It's popular because idiots get to think they're hot shit for landing the easiest shot in the world.

Don't you have anything better to do, like polishing your fucking game, you kike?

Lurk more

(you)

so was just watching this and thought to share with you guys
despite being wildly amusing, it also shows how most people play this game so stupidly wrong

these guys (even thought they did it as a joke) made a pacifist run, and nearly won
they actually would have won if the last guy didn't despair, but instead remained hidden and healing

this pretty much proves that being dumb and blindly shooting anything that moves is pretty much the worst thing you could do in this game
instead it rewards being smart and tactical

Like clockwerk. You could have the greatest game ever,but if it gets the recognition it deserves, Holla Forums will circlejerk over how "bad" it is and use buzzwords like "streamerbait" or "memegame" in lieu of actual criticisms

It's DayZ without the zombies and with random spawns, essentially. It's not very good, the entire game has been built around the internet Twitch and Youtube culture, it's the number one game on all of Steam now.
The core concept is pretty neat, I actually kinda like the ideas behind DayZ but it fucked up hard with such slow development (although, observing recent updates and dev progress it seems they are fixing their mistakes, building a brand new game engine even), it's this slow milsim type survival game where any player could stab you in the back or become best buds, so it was very interesting there, but the thing with PUBG is that there isn't much player communication and interaction, it has the milsim, it doesn't have the survival, and it has the walking and looting, so it's just a open world shooter looter. There isn't a lot of depth there, it's entirely random if you win or you don't, pretty much as the loot is nearly fully random, you drop at a random location and the game wants you to just be a camper to win, playing fun and risky isn't rewarded, it's discouraged and the game has this constant need to win.

But the game is shit. It's early access, unoptimized, you get banned for killing streamers, it has loot boxes, and it's buggy as fuck.

who gives a fuck, the problem with early access is lack of content and updates. It's lacking neither of these. Oh but its only a problem if it isnt Holla Forums's flavor of the month game like My Summer Car.

Apparantly not enough to keep it from being one of the most played games on steam

If that were the case, A LOT more people would be getting banned. People are acting like obnoxious faggots publicly and then pissy when they are slapped for doing so.

And?

wow I guess Fallout New Vegas is the shittiest game ever made then

Its almost as if you're spouting non-issues and buzzwords because you want an excuse to hate something popular

You are baiting far too hard.

It does lack content and updates, and they can drop the game on a whim and it'll be dead. Early access makes it so the devs cannot be held accountable for anything even though they took your money.

Appeal to popularity is not an argument, it IS unoptimized. That alone is enough to trash it.

I can kinda give you this one, but it is the principle. If a streamer is letting the whole world know where they are, and a player preys on that, they should be free to do so. And when players are banned I'm pretty sure they can't play online anymore, so you might as well just remove the game from you account. They are taking away a product you paid for, and you don't even have to violate any kind of rule, it's just at their discrepancy.

Really nigger? It's an awful practice and they are just scamming people out of more money.

They certainly don't do it any favors. But you know what Fallout has that PUBG doesn't? It's single player and has console commands. You get glitched? There's a good chance you can unfuck yourself with the commands unless it goes all the way to corrupting your save. But with PUBG? Players can deliberately abuse those glitches and kill you, and you have no method to undo this until you quit and go to the next game. And there are many glitches that are just there and provide a clear imbalance but the devs haven't done shit.

In short, fuck off baiting retard.

Wait, it is EA AND has lootboxes? this is a new kind of jewery.

Are you legitimately, actually fucking retarded? Or is this bait?

Yeah, just don't buy them. Problem solved. There is no reason to.

IT'S JUST COSMETIC BRO
Kill yourself, you dumb bitch.

lol you can easily achieve the same thing with any of the other items that you can pick up in game/already have for free. Don't be a faggot.

It's a normalfag flavor of the month streamerbait game. The gameplay is shallow and repetitive, and largely made up of large, frustrating stretches of boring shit and deaths you couldn't see coming, occasionally punctuated by one or two moments that might be clip worthy, if you happened to be some kind of e-celeb faggot.

Happy birthday Holla Forums, remember you could have prevented this.

Sounds like you need to get better at early game.

lolno, I don't play this normalfag casual trash, but despite this I have observed how cosmetics go from being merely cosmetic to actual gameplay boosters, my two favorite examples are Rust and Planetside 2. In Rust, you can purchase greener clothing skins to craft which makes you much harder to see in the grass and in Planetside 2 if you purchase a plain white camo and hood then in the Esamir map you are pretty difficult to see at longer range compared to the normal colors of blue, red and black and purple.

Jesus, what happened to him? Did they lobotomize him?

just wanted to share this funny bit here
its another "pacifist" run they made on live stream

the other two died so he just got a vehicle made it to the center of the circle and fooled around for a whole lot of time
basically just shows that it is much better to sprint for the center and get comfortable around there, instead of "edging" and then having to make a run for it

plus that car crash was hilarious, I can only imagine the other team perspective

more likely he got paid to post it; they don't want that cash cow running dry

The best camos were the ones that messed with figuring out friend or foe. Cardboard camo looked like the standard NC outfit and there was passable for the vanu.

Could always settle down with a nice cuteboy user

But you still have to be high quality to get a decent cuteboy.

Disgusting, dicks and assholes gross me the fuck out and I swear that whenever I see some effeminate faggot dressing or acting like a woman I just want to punch his lights out.

What's the matter user? Afraid you might like it?

Mcfucking Kill yourself homolord

Pffthahahaha.

Streamers are some of the worst kinds of cancer.

I think the streamer fanboys that defend this are worse

Why are you showing female butts?

GUYS
i come with critical info, apparently it's getting high playercount due to merging the chinese playerbase with the rest of the playerbase, that's why it's happening

That explains why the
FUCK THERE ARE MORE FUCKING CHINESE IN MY FUCKING OCEANIC SERVERS!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WANT TO FUCKING KILL ALL THE FUCKING CHINESE THE FUCKING WASTES OF FUCKING SPACE

PUBG players.

It depends I just won a solo game sitting in a house for fucking ages until around 10 players were left. I then killed every fucker I heard shoot. Less people to deal with and being a better shot gave an easy win.

battlegrounds is a stupid trash game.
i bought it pretty early for 30$ after seeing people saying its "sooooooo good" and indeed it was quite fun - literally for 2 days.

after that it was an awakening and i was tricked to pay 30$ for an unfinished trash game worth 5$.
i still forced myself to continue to play it but it was not fun anymore. i have not touched the game for several months and then i saw an increase in players and i was thinking maybe i overplayed and its all on my side for disliking the game, so i played another three rounds just few weeks ago and i got a confirmation:
this game is trash

fuck your "friends" and fuck you

china numba wan

Spoken like someone who has sour grapes over the fact that they have no friends to play with. That's okay user, they have subreddits just for people like you to find people to play with :^)

hello (((John Money)))

its not a video game and it never should be
its a decent arma mod that should be free

tl;dr; jews

nice trips don't lie,
but that just means you camped out and waited in cover, that is not bindly shooting anything that moves
and can nearly be counted as taking tactical defenses and getting the jump on enemies
you were so dumb that you ended up being smart for once

< what is DOTA?

I've got bad news for you user.

it's fucking chyna, confirmed

and thank fuck for that. gender means nothing here anyway so what the fuck do you care.

They also got a pretty big presentation at e3 for some reason

I play PUBG frequently and can confirm that most of the hate on this board is either people who've played it once or twice and got assmad, or people who have never played it and just regurgitate headlines.

If you don't care for it, I totally understand. It's not for everyone. But the people who irrationally attack it are just kind of hilarious.

PUBG works like this:
Every game starts with an RNG seed. The flight path of the aircraft, the loot, the circle location, and the location of drops within the circle.

From there it's up to you to make what you can out of it. You control where you parachute in, balancing the risk of challenging other players against the possible rewards of looting the more contested areas.

You choose your loadout from what you find, juggling what's important to fit within your carrying capacity.

Combat has some bullshit in it (like one of the last circles not requiring a team to move from their defensible location, or the third person camera allowing free peaking (unless you're playing FPP, which you probably should)) but for the most part it's a pretty tight and intelligent set of controls. The long engagement distances mean compensating for projectile travel time is extremely important, which when combined with your movement options and strategic positioning using the terrain and cover provides plenty of depth and skill in the combat.

Not to mention vehicles, grenades, healing, sound positioning, etc.

TL;DR
PUBG is popular for a reason, it's got fun, tense firefights and a bit of RNG to keep things different from round to round. You gear up, shoot people, and either live or die depending on your skill and luck. It's an enjoyable game and the community drama or cosmetic items have literally no effect on that.

It's a lot of fun, but still very unpolished
The stakes are higher than most games since dying means you go straight back to the title screen and have to join a new game
Picking your fights is also important since your gunshots will be heard for a few hundred meters around you, and everyone will be looking in your general direction

People say that there's microtransactions in this game. What are they? Only thing I can see is the crates that you buy with the coins you get from playing but that's not really a microtransaction since it doesn't take real money.

Cosmetics. There's been an outcry, they may have held it back temporarily.

You get cosmetics from the boxes though and they only cost those coins.

How about you form your own opinions about the game and stop letting others determine what you should feel, especially when you already know the answer you're going to receive.

Its fun to play with friends, and you don't have to play it a ton to get kills. Its perfect to play on friday with my dudes because I don't have time to grind up that extra decisive .1 seconds of reaction that determines CS:GO games. Holla Forums is pretty autistic when it comes to multiplayer games, some people just haven't moved past the phase where beating AI and pre-built obstacle courses is still satisfying.

jesus christ the shilling in here is unreal

let go all of your critical thinking and accept shit for what it is! Things wont get better because they have no reason to, everything is great. If you still dont like it it's because ur a filthy casul an shud git gud. Get out normalfag, Holla Forums is a place for REAL gamers now. Also streaming isnt cancer.
did i cover everything?

what is unreal is amount of autist sperg and people with non-opinion being unable to form opinions by themselves

It's a MUH REALISM clone of a Minecraft minigame invented by youtube attention whores several years ago ("Ultra Hardcore"). Unlike the original, there is nothing else to do in this game.

So you'd say it's more based on that rather than let's say the Arma 3 Battle Royal mode made by PLAYERUNKNOWN or the Hunger Games? It's fucking mindboggling how people make these connections out of their ass based on shit no one has ever heard of. It's about as wrong and as stupid as saying that Warhammer 40k is just copying Halo because they have guys in armor fighting in space.

lol faggot

Once it was top 10 I was running around like a retard while everyone else played the snake game. They lost.

the is only going to get worse
youtube.com/watch?v=P-tT8Bi6Cyc

Is there any way to stabilize my fps? It flails from 10-30 and never goes above 40.
Specs:
GTX 980
Intel I5-4960
8gb ram
Win 7 64 bit
The people I play with say I should be getter higher frames. one says it's cause I don't have win 10…

With those specs you should have no problem(and it's not because no Win 10). Just use these settings:
Resolution scale: at least 100
Textures: Medium and up is okay
View/Render Distance: Medium(Render's enough for you to be able to fight in any possible scenario)
Everything else: Lowest possible

That's what I've been using. I've read probably every guide out there. I'm using all the launch commands too.

Drivers up-to-date?

Yep :/

Then I'd just blame the game then. Your hardware should be fine and it's a game built for 64-bit systems. It's probably just a case of "Your system is the perfect storm that makes it not work". Sorry buddy, seems like you're just going to have to wait for performance patches

game is just an alternative to rubber horsecock for younger audience
she's a professional webcam girl, professional gamers get paid at various LoL tournaments and shit

sage for faggot OP

I bought it. Some crap I was selling on the steam auction sold and I had enough to get it. Got kinda bored after two matches. What's the point if you just hide until the end and avoid conflict? Only way I could have fun was actively searching for players.

Her sucking nigger dicks doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
She'll pay the toll one day.