Switch thread

Now that the dust has settled and the switch has been out a while how is it?
I ask because when it came out there were a lot of problems with the screen getting scratched to shit when you put it in the dock and a lot of problems with the joycons getting stuck when being attached to the screen.

Did nintendo solve these issues and if so is it worth the rrp of £280?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/RqPs1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why don't you check my dubs instead?

Can't you just go to the existing Nintondo thread?

fix3nbfngf

Probably their best console since the gamecube and it seems like it's going to do alright in terms of attracting third party developers and life span.

I think the worst thing about it is just dealing with the treehouse.

user it's $300 you fucking retard, it's the cheapest console compared to PS4 and the Bone

This, but I'll admit I do have a bit of handheld bias. I've always liked them more than home consoles.

Check em Reddit

Are there any good games for it? Switch players say there are dozens of games for it but I never see anyone play something interesting.

Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
And Odyssey is looking good. There's also a neat looking Square RPG coming out for it.

All my friends that bought Arms don't seem to play it longer than a week so I don't know if I'd believe the hype on that one.

Splatoon is pretty gay, mk8 has lame items in it.

Maybe he lives in Australia. Also it's a tablet with a dock. By your logic my Thinkpad is a desktop PC.

That's 4 games, and the system doesn't even have the backwards compatibility to jumpstart it. On those grounds the Wii U is a solids system despite having a poor library of its own.

If that's the case you should get a 3DS. That's actually sized appropriately, certainly for simple games like Tetris.

Hardware is fine, OP. Most of the issues that were present at launch seemed to be isolated cases. I't argue that the most prevalent one might be the poor connectivity of the joy-cons. Mine works well for about 5-7 meters from the console, which is fine for me, but beyond that it's imputs start stuttering.

Software should be your main concern. I bought mine ove r a month ago, when splatoon was about to come out. Been playing that and Zelda, but in truth, nothing else right now sparks my attention on it's library. Looking forward for Mario and Xenoblade.

I really like Splatoon 2 so I'll get my money's worth out of it personally. There's also 2 other "okay" games being SFII and Zelda BotW but one is fucked by Capcoms jewery, the other feels unfinished in a lot of aspects and bare bones in other.

I'm also fairly confident there will be a decent library on the switch as, if I'm not mistaken, it has outsold bothe the PS4 and Xbone.

That is primarily why i'm planning on getting one, though i'm also looking forward to the SMT game for switch that atlus announced and I have my fingers crossed that the Fire Emblem will be a return to form for the series and not more of the waifu bullshit from fates

no need to lie user

Retard

has it not? I heard somewhere that it had, but it was in passing.

That was never a thing, stop getting half of the information and then filling in the blanks yourself.
(((Games journalists))) were putting the wrist strap things on backwards, which made them near impossible to remove. They have clear markings telling you how to put them on, so if you're not clinically retarded then you won't get anything stuck.

The battered wife syndrome from Ninty fans never ceases to entertain me.

The ps4 has sold about 60 million units
The xbone has sold about half of that and while the switch is selling well it hasn't even outsold the wii u yet the switch has sold 5 million and the wii u sold almost 14 million

Maybe you meant that in the last 6 months more switch's have been sold than ps4's and xbone's?

I said I was hoping it was, not expecting it to be
I can dream

nah, I think I just heard that then believed it due to the manufactured demand of the Switch and how fast it sells out.

Should have done some quick research before making that claim.

waifu stuff isn't going away and it was always there. The waifu stuff only serves to add more to the game, what matters is how well the maps are designed, how thought out the balance,whether it's characters, maps, and resources is, how good the computer is at playing against the player, and now how little the DLC will make a difference for you.

In all these respects Awakening failed and that's why it was the bad game, not because you could fuck female marth and have super children or insert your favorite waifu/hasbando

The same problem exists within fates, though to an extent Conquest was fairly reminiscent of previous fire emblems.

But nobody should buy fire emblem anymore anyway, it was clear with awakening that Nintendo wanted to turn it into a whore to make money, and have no concern for whether or not the game makes actual improvements to its gameplay, and boy howdy have they.

Maybe the NEW Switch XL will be able to run sonic the fucking hedgehog?

You said the same thing word for word two months ago, and the answer is still "It's a Nintendo console". Nonexistent third-party library, weird hardware gimmicks and absolutely nothing else.

no custom firmware yet

Go PC or go home.

I haven't even seen fifty cases of either on all of the internet. Forced memes be forced.

Way, way under produced. They could easily have sold 20 million units by now with all the hype over the system and BotW being everywhere. Instead they are looking to get to 10 million by March, meaning in another six months, and by then all the hype will be gone and it will no longer be the hot shit. I don't know how they are going to prevent devs from tiring of it since it probably won't have 20 million buyers even in a year's time. Who's going to invest the time and money of making a game with the hope that in a few years down the line there will maybe enough of a market to make the endeavor profitable instead of just chucking it on the PSbone? The kike banker now in charge was more interested in not having negative numbers to show the shareholders last March than in dumping the cash to get the units needed for a decent launch period, and so right now they are instead trying to catch up but naturally being held back by component shortage while the hype slowly simmers away.

Good job Nintendo, you completely dropped the fucking ball on this launch.

It has promise.
But there's a lot of shitty practices holding it back.

Still, it's probably the most "regular" console Nintendo's made, in a long time now.
That alone changes things up a bit.

The Switch has been consistently outselling the other systems since it's launch, like said in different words, so that's probably the expression you've heard thrown around.

It's not hard to do when it's a new console and there are retards running on brand loyalty buying the thing despite it not having games. You're basically saying, "this new console is outselling these consoles that have been out for years and people already have" I'm not inserting the Pro version of the PS4 into this because at the end of the day it's a PS4 same as the BoneX.

The Switch is an uncomfortable in-between. It's too big to be a handheld, and it's too weak to be a console. It's the worst of both worlds.

Uhhhhhh, you mean DA BEST!!1!1!1!
#NintendoSwitchMasterRacs

Amazing, how does Nintendo do it?

You faggots sure got triggered. Nowhere did I say it was amazing. Just two post up I wrote the sales since March are abysmal.

I bought a screen protector and a third party housing for my dock to prevent this from the start. The standard dock is a trash design, and the circuit board is seriously only 2.5"x2.5". They should have copied the Wii U's design for dock, as all these new 3rd party housings and the upcoming Nyko dock have a similar design. Nintendo's engineers are dumb as fuck for implementing their current dock design and not fixing it instantly. So, no. This is still a problem, and I honestly don't see them changing the dock ever unless they have a hardware revision.

Only retards have this problem. There are buttons you have to press to unlock the joycons from the unit, and people are too fucking stupid to read the instruction manual included with their expensive electronics.

The Switch's game lineup is dire. Very dire. It's a stretch to say the Switch has even 5 worthwhile games right now, and with the exception of Mario Odyssey, there are very few games with a definite release date that are coming out. This isn't really any different than Nogames 4, as it took a good two years before enough came out for that system to consider buying it, and Xbone still isn't worth the price.

The rest of the Switch is also poorly designed. Like I said, the dock is trash and overpriced. The Pro Controller is nice, but motherfuck is it ever fucking overpriced. It's $70. Joycons are tiny as shit, and the specifically use hand models with small hands for promotional photos. I have long slender hands, and the fuckers are virtually unusable. I had to buy some third party plastic grips to make the joycons meatier to hold, and they feel better. The ergonomics for joycons are worse than Wiimotes, which feel like a brick in your hand. It's also worth mentioning, that there are no means of expansion on joycons, so a nunchuck accessory is not likely in the future.

I was not going to buy a Switch ever. It seemed like worst of both handheld and console, so I figured it was destined to fail. However, I learned very late that I loved the shit out of Splatoon when my roommate bought a used Wii U on the cheap, and I knew the only way I was going to get more mileage out of it was to buy Splatoon 2, which meant buying a fucking Switch. I'll honestly get my money's worth on Splatoon 2 alone, but having the ability to play shit like Mario Kart and Mario Party with friends in the future will eventually justify the purchase.

tl;dr: No. It's not worth it yet. It may never be worth it, but at least it's not Xbone.

I honestly don't understand the nogaems argument. Looking at mine right now I got

Sure it has no games if you hate these or own the cross-platform ones already but for me neither applies.

I'm having a good laugh.

I like how in the same post you made saying it has games you also buckled and admitted that it doesn't have games. "Doesn't apply to me since I'm a retard" is not an argument. The thing has no games.

Wait, your argument is that… if I like games and / or don't buy cross-plat games on other platforms, I'm a retard, I guess? Help me understand this, how does a 11 game list turn into "you're a retard, there are no games"?

The news was that the Swich sold more in the six months after launch than Ps4 and Xbone did in their six months after launch. It's comparing the same arch of time after launch for all three the consoles.

Proof:archive.fo/RqPs1

The dust hasn't settled, because the damned things are still impossible to find.

I got one. It's OK, but I feel like I should have waited a bit longer. Mine doesn't have any problems with scratching the screen or joycons getting stuck.
The biggest problem I have with it is that the games coming out for it are portable versions of console games, not handheld games. I have a fuckton of hours in the Picross e series for 3DS because I can whip it out and solve some puzzles in a minute or so. The closest thing we have to that on the Switch is Bomberman, and even then it takes too long to set up.
I got a chance to use it while travelling with a friend, and it was great for that. Sitting in a train and playing Mario Kart 8 and Bomberman is great. The battery didn't run out, but if it did I'd have just used a power bank.
I think they should have released it with something like SmileBASIC. That way we could have autists making games for others to enjoy while we wait between releases. It would also give the homebrew community something to chew on, and give people a way to experiment with the joycons.

The console itself is fine but it has nogaems. Get a n3DS and hack it.

Stop, it's just pathetic at this point.

Gamecube had good hardware, minimal gimmicks and lots of good games though.
Don't get me wrong, i'm getting a switch early next year so i can play zelda finally (and mario), but it ain't gamecube tier by a long shot.

Square dissolved over a decade ago and the actual talent are all working for other studios these days. Everything they have released since has been mediocre.

It's a huge turnoff and it's a red flag against the overall quality of the game, it makes people extremely skeptical, and with good reason.

it's shit

it's not a console though

Well it sure as hell ain't a fucking pair of trousers.

it's a 3DS successor

The 3DS wasn't a console?

Uh, does it really matter?
It's the closest Nintendo's come to the bog standard "brick + controller" setup the rest of the industry has been doing since its inception, for a while now.
When was the last time they had something like this, the gamecube?

It's still a gimmick, but the gimmick is pretty benign in all honesty. Basically just an evolution of the Wii U's, making it so you can literally pop the console out and take it with you.

In regards to your other post, here
Yes and no.
It's the successor to both the Wii U and 3DS. Unless Nintendo is fucking retarded (which they very well are) and decide to make a new DS/gameboy type of handheld. Thereby creating unnecessary competition in their own brand.

But I don't think they'll do that. I mean, it's in the name.
Why do you think it's called the Switch? Because you can "switch" between a handheld and a console. All you do is clip the joycons on.
Hence the marketing noise they're associating with it.