Every game feels like pic related

Every game feels like pic related.

Either you're some guy waving a sword around killing people for hours on end.
And/Or you're following a scripted series of events around maps with zero replay-ability.
Or it's a car game where you drive a car around a track without any real thought put into it.

Is it just me or are games fucking boringly simplistic?
Why don't we ever have complex games?

Pleb Sweatshop Program (KSP) is STILL a buggy mess with a nerfed resource system.
Dwarf Fort has piss poor UX that can't ever be excused. This coming from someone who wrote his own real-mode x86 code with nasm
TIS-100/Shenzhen IO/Zachatronics' games are all simplistic as well and only fun for a couple hours.

have you considered guilty gear?

It's probably real hard to get $$big budget devs$$ to sign off on anything that's not tested…

WEW
E
W

Play arcanum of steamworks and magick obscura. it's a fun game and it might make you like video games for a little bit

w-what

Good.
You're too good for videogames. Find something more productive to do in your time instead.

Actually intelligent people don't like video games, maybe you're off getting a new hobby.

I'm legitimately stumped.

Good job, user.

So, OP, sucker of dicks, what games do you like?
Did you actually want some recommendations or did you just want to openly fellate yourself about how smart you are?

>(((Tartakovsky)))

Is it your enormous intellect that makes you write like you're in high school?

Play loot treadmill ARPGs, especially Path of Exile, if you enjoy building up a character in order to clear more content in order to build up your character, etc.
Pic related is the skill tree.

made a good game then friend, we'll play it and make sure to call it shit like we always do with video games

How many level of irony brah?

If you want a complex game become an engineer/scientist.
lol jk jobs usually suck, boring repetitive tasks.

Can't agree more about Dwarf Fortress being one of the most awful UI/UX examples out there.

I have some complex game ideas, usually revolving about players engineering things.
Though I'm currently finishing a game I'm working on, and I don't think I'll get to work on those complex games any time soon since they're too risky from both technical and marketing perspectives.
;_;

For shame.

This imagine will never not look like someone is jerking himself off on his ego.

That was the intention.

Yes

Paradox games are pretty well designed, and don't listen to Holla Forums, they're not "unfinished without DLC"

If you can't get over DF's UX in a day, you're a filthy fucking retard that shouldn't touch it in the first place. Stop making excuses.

Isn't the problem with PoE that each patch delivers nerfs/buffs such that only a few builds are actually viable/fun out of all that?

That's what I've heard.

Have you tried Bioshock Infinite? It's a game for smart people.

You named three surface level genres, largely aimed at casuals.
Try fighting games, or the original X-Com, or La Mulana without guides.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to beat you or shake your hand for this level of (what I hope is) ironic stupidity.

This is how I know you and OP are faggots

There's like two buttons to worry about. My dad plays them, and he couldn't figure out Call of Duty.

Congrats, you proved how retarded you are.

Go ahead and name a hardcore racing game that my dad couldn't play.

Assetto Corsa, iRacing, actual sim racing games that your retarded dad wouldn't be able to play without a racing wheel.

TXR3 last boss

The fact that you have to bring up some obscure early access indie game built around a peripheral kind of suggest the genre at large is pretty casual. You know a fighting game that's too hard for casuals? Street Fighter.

Except I didn't? You are fucking retarded. Learn how to read, you stupid fucking nigger.

I mean, if you're worried about an update making your character usless, they give you a free full respec after every major patch.

sounds like your massive autism prevents you from enjoying anything
thus there is no point recommending anything to you since there's zero chance you'll enjoy it

I googled it and that seems to be what it is. If that's not true, explain it to me.

I'm glad you can't enjoy vidya

9/10

I hate that fat unfunny fuck.

This is the best bait I have seen in a while. He is your well earned (((you)))

lol what

Pic related indeed. Reminds me of my son crying because he's bored, and then crying because he's being entertained wrong.

I can actually agree with that, all singleplayer games outside roguelikes and AutSims feel like
to me. What offline games can fix my dynamic gameplay autism if my internet ever goes off?

this thread is full of excellent bait

I bet you would never be able to complete Alien Soldier or Contra Hard Corps

You guys make me laugh.

Shameless bump, don't tell me you faggots love linear cinematic experiences now

AC isn't in EA anymore and you don't need a peripheral to play it, you dumbfuck retard.

Well there's no reason they can't be good. Not my favourite genre, but there's a place for it.

When will the crossposting scum leave?

>(((1)))

Complexity is about how much control you don't have. In games like TIS-100, you have total control over your situation at all times similar to something like, let's say, Assassin's Creed II. Sure, TIS-100 has many more outcomes and possibilities than Assassin's Creed II, but overall, because of how button-mashy Assassin's Creed II is, you almost always are in control even in the worst of moments. The game has to adapt to user input beyond either a "fight" or "flight" state like in Pac-Man for it to be a complex experience. The most complexity you'll usually get in games is from the multiplayer mode because of how adaptable humans are.

Dwarf Fortress isn't complicated as a game, it's complicated because of the user interface.

Similar to this.
But I suck…
Who knows, I've come to terms, amd have fun getting my shit pushed in.