Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, September 11th

Other urls found in this thread:

etymonline.com/index.php?&search=scapegoat
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-september-2017.1043646/
archive.fo/k4tqX
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-1-05-help-with-translation-to-spanish-and-russian.1043250/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/good-news-1-05-patch.1043366/
temehu.com/imazighen/tamazight-mythology.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achamán
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaxiraxi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Guanche_People
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Hungarians#Savard_Magyars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarab_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madjars
mega.nz/#!5g1RTaJb!_-QrNQr0_Cgii58swjMMcQt9XusXgcN3Co4RFboJVIg
anonfile.com/pbQf1fc2b0/mod.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposting OC from previews

previous thread*

What is this?

Any good mods out there that aren't buggy shitpiles? NWO is pissing me off with its lack of polish. Doesn't have to be for Vic2.

You mean modern day mods?

etymonline.com/index.php?&search=scapegoat

Was referring to the game.

And the world comes from kike rituals where they would let a goat wander around a village to witness the sins of the inhabitants and then somehow the goat would inherit the blame and be sacrificed.

**the word
Gotta go tosleep

You had one fucking job.

Make it harder for halchanners to find.

It is pogrom (погром) and it is a word that means massive destruction/devastation more in the sense of a storm or another force of nature.
Non-slav took the word as to mean a riot from people that massacre a specific group. A non-government organized genocide.

Which mod for Victoria 2 is the best to start with, /gsg/? I'm tossing up between HPM and Blood & Iron.

What's the password?

You will just have to find it yourself.

t-thanks

Wanna play vic2 again, this time playing as an uncivilzed nation, so I thought of playing Persia which isn't not China roflskates.

I know I need to eat afghanistan early, but what otehr things should I do to ensure a safe and effective westernization?

To start with? Definitely BAI

Yeah, no clue where to even begin- in all honesty.

What are you doing that you arent posting screencaps and AARs?

Eat arabia and get friendly with the russians to kill the turkroach.

Right now CWE is in a much better condition. Way more events, much more active bug-squashing.

Rate my alternate history autism maps

Disgusting bordergore and blobs.

pros
cons

Breddy good
It could be worse, i rate it meme maps/10

La Plata

You had one job.

Why would anyone ever form Austria-Hungary in Victoria 2? Far as I can tell, there are no benefits.

Because you hate yourself.

New EU4 dev diary.

Guess which religion is getting retardedly OP bonuses.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-september-2017.1043646/

You want historical accuracy, yeah?

Only flaw is that Frisia isn't pagan.

the funny thing is that formation of the dual monarchy just pissed most of the other minorities like Czechs off, since how come fucking hungarians got it and not all the other kingdoms that habsburgs incorporated over the years? Not to mention slovaks who were getting forcibly "hungarised" and as such despised hungarians with passion

Habsburgs made a mistake when they only went halfway, rather than outright federalising the empire

Hungary was the biggest part of the Austrian Empire and had far more political power than Czechs.
I wish this meme would die along with the A-H was on a verge of collapse before WW1 one.

Also, what's the deal with "Australian Australia"?

Magiarization was a real thing, though

I don't dispute that. However it was still that which just caused yet more anger among the other minorities in the monarchy – Czechs proposed making it into Austria-Hungary-Bohemia, for example

Almost as if those regions/ethnicities are shit-tier and nobody likes them.

Its only a matter of time until Johan converts to Shitslam, is it.

Trade based conversion looks pretty stupid but the reworked piety mechanics look alright. There's no reason to not ride 100 piety as it stands now.

Did anyone ever try playing as a primitive nation in Vicky 2?

Kill all Muslims

this

Is there still any reason not to have the most piety possible?
in my view, it breaks the mechanic even further, because now high piety means warfare, and low piety peace time.
With this there is literally no reason not to pick low piety now because not only high piety provides peace time bonuses, but you now you can convert high piety to low instantly and have even more buffs than before.
Paradox is absolutely retarded, Islam was already the strongest religion on the game alongside hinduand coptic, but this makes it so insanely powerful that you need to buff every other to compete.

Literally everyone.

But how would that work? I mean won't you get annexed by literally any great power after 50 years?

That's why you modernize early.
some are arguably easier than others, like Japan.

No I don't mean uncivilized I meant primitive.

They are the same, mechanically.
Egypt,Punjab, Siam (don't remember if it's primitive or uncivilized) persia and a few others are completely playable.

Well, some primitives are more interesting, even Sokoto can be played semi-efficently by eating the right lands.

Morocco and Algiers suck though, you just get fucked by Spain/france/USA repeatedly.

All not primitive.

Fine, Ethiopia, sokoto, China (uncivilized?) and nejd are playable if you do the right stuff.

You only need to like being a Kang.

None of those are primitive :^)

Wait, sokoto isn't? Huh, which ARE the primitives, because between vanilla and the two expansions i just don't know anymore.

It's the white spots on the map. They're so primitive they didn't even create a state worth mentioning and the game abstracts their conquest as the colonization process :^)

All of Africa is primitive pretty much, I'd be interesting to see how far you can get as Kang and if you can westernize before the Scramble for Africa begins.

*It'd

I see it now. Thank you for the clarification, I have no strategies referring to these people, so if you have any good strats, pls tell me :^)

I mean, it probably would be the same strat for most africaneers:

- Encourage clergy

Conquest:

- Eat Transvaal or Oranje to artifically raise literacy., and eat Sokoto for pop for soldiers and tax revenue (You will need to use desert atrition to your advantage to have a chance), maybe attack ethiopia/egypt if the grow weak for the conquest bonus to research.

Diplomacy:

- Befriend the ottos, maybe try to ally Persia or Hedjaz for protection.

Anything else until westernization happens?

Portugal eu4. Castille has been under Aragon for about 30 years now, some of it at war, liberty desire 100%, independence supported by me and now Ottomans.

Did Aragon conquer anything worthwile?
Did they ally France or something?

They fought Burgundy or something with France. Navarra is my ally.

No wonder Aragon kicked Castille's ass.

Careful with BBB, I wouldn't want to fight Spain + France, ecen with the Otto's help.

No, they got it peacefully.

Do you have have all of the Caribbean, half of north America and all centers of trade all the way to Malacca yet?

it's early days, I have 4 provinces in Brazil and 3 in Africa

The only thing it really did was put the Huns on the bad goy side after the war, hence Trianon.

How much conlang autism did this involve? An why have you never posted about it?

What country/countries did you play as?

I believe there was an user some threads back that managed to survive as the zulus somehow.

What the hell, neither castille nor leon(which is my primary title) has gavelkind succession. for fucks sake is the fact that galicia and aragorn have gavelkind really preventing me from destroying the title? I would understand if either castile or leon had gavelkind(because destroying the title of castile concerns them), but why the fuck would galicia or aragorn being gavelkind prevent me from destroying title? I mean they're basically different kingdoms(albeit under same ruler) why would they care? or am I completely misunderstanding something?

On other note, have latest patches changed something in france and HRE? in last few games they've seem lot more interested in iberia and france almost always tries to holy war valencia and hre conquers mallorca. I don't really remember them being so interested in iberia before(not that I'm necessarily complaining)

r8

British cores, I’d wager.

would rate 3/10, but since its HoI4, I give you a 0

Show me your funny mods first

AUS is pretty hard, they always recieve the worst end of the stick and never get any help and has the worst industry out of all the 6 seperatist american nations>>13405440

>>>/halfchan/

that's because the makers of Kaiserreich are syndies

Pretty sure Hawaii has the lowest industry out of all of them.

If ANY of your tier titles are gavelkind, you can't destroy titles. If you held the kingdom of Norway in gavelkind you'd be unable to destroy titles. Probably to prevent some gamey exploit.

In game? Hungarian becomes accepted culture and they won't revolt that much anymore. They make up a large portion of your pops, so it might worth it, provided you plan to go on historical route and abandon Grossdeutschland. Most importantly it may lead to a federation with all cultures accepted.

IRL it was called a "compromise" for a good reason. Prussia was getting stronger and had beaten Austria hard just a year before. Italy was about to form. The empire was lagging behind in industry and technology. Since the vast majority of the empire was either German or Hungarian, the Habsburgs realized that Hungary will stay the part of the empire for good and it's pointless to wrestle with them anymore. The goal of this agreement was to make the Kingdom of Hungary equal to Wien with a seperate parliament and government. Diplomatically, the country wasn't independent and had to abide the emperor. Hungary won, since they could govern themselves and the strained relations with the Habsburgs (see 1848 revolution and Bach era, it's aftermath) started to improve. Austria won, because they solved one huge problem, Hungarian nationalism, that has had almost torn the empire apart two decades before. After being left in dust by almost every other great power (except Turkroachistan), the empire could finally focus less on internal politics and start to catch up with her rivals. Rapid industrialization and modernization began soon after, especially in Hungary, which was lagging behind Austria, due to the enormous differences and tense relations between the countries.

It was all fine, but there was a big gaping problem with this whole compromise. It left six bazillion minorities out. The Czech, who previously had a kingdom of their own and effectively got annexed, were outraged. The Sudetes had German majority for centuries and the lack of autonomy meant that the Czech started to feel endangered. The Croats and the Serbs were angered too and their hatred for Hungary fueled that even more. The Slovak and the Romanians were a different case. They never had their own country (well, it's different for Romanians, they had duchies, but never an actual nation state) and with the rising nationalism, the idea of an independent Romania and Slovakia had been formed. With Austrian support, Hungary could more or less suppress these efforts. Galicia-Lodomeria as whole was a time bomb. With no German or Hungarian presence and close proximity to Russia, the region was a constant hotspot. This decision just made it even worse. Soon every minority became hostile towards the state. Many nationalist movements formed, both large and small, one of them eventually managed to indirectly destroy the whole empire.

A federation was absolutely impossible to achieve, due to the chaotic up demography. Look at that messy map. It's not perfect, because it has a glaring fault. Only the majorities are show. The empire not only had dozens of nationalities living together, but they were often dispersed everywhere in the empire. The whole empire had a notable Jewish and Gypsy minority. Austria was mostly homogeneous, except for the southernmost part. Slovenia was never an independent country before, but they certainly weren't Germans. Today's Hungary was a bit mixed. The western part had a quite sizeable German minority. The eastern part was more or less completely Hungarian, but the German and a little bit the Gypsy presence was somewhat noticeable. Not too many problems here though, the Germans never really wanted to secede. Not even in Sopron, which had a German majority and stayed with Hungary in the end. The compromise improved the relations obviously and Hungary never really dared to oppress the Germans anyways. The southern part of Slovakia up to Bratislava had a large Hungarian majority, even though the Slovaks were present there and a little bit in the northern part of current Hungary. The middle part was more mixed with Germans and Jews, but was mostly Slovak. Bratislava is included here, where around the 10% of the population was Askenazi and again, the Hungarians formed a significant minority. The northern part was almost completely Slovakian with a tiny Polish minority. Both the Hungarians and the Slovaks had (have) tensions because of this situation. Ditto with the Hungarians/Ukrainians near Uzhhorod. Today's northern Serbia had Serbs, Croats and Hungarians more or less equally distributed in 1867. At first it was populated by the Croats, but after the Kingdom of Hungary had been formed, it was quickly settled by Hungarians, while the southern part remained inhabited by the Serbs.

(1/3)

And, of course, you have Transylvania. It was (is) one of the biggest melting pots in Eastern Europe. Historically, it was first inhabited by the Huns, Avars and then various Slavs. Romanians will claim that it was always inhabited by Daco-Romans and therefore it's the rightful part of Romania. But then Hungarians will tell you otherwise and say that Dacians weren't Vlach and thus they were here first and a millennia long butthurt follows. A more neutral viewpoint is that the southern part was historically inhabited by Romanians, who later migrated northwards and by the 19th century, they more or less formed the absolute majority in the western part of the region. This was due to the enormous Hungarian losses during the Ottoman conquests and the massive Romanian and German migration to the now empty lands. While a German minority was present for a while, the Austrians settled even German immigrants in the region after that. They were more concentrated in the cities and formed a sizeable part of the population. The Austrian rule helped them to come to more significance over time. The Hungarians formed an absolute majority in the eastern part, which is present even today, and had a significant presence almost everywhere else. There you have a handful of nationalities all fighting over the same, relatively worthless mountainous region, all having more or less valid claims and all of them considering Transylvania as an essential part of their respective country.

The inner rivalries, the lack of homogeneity and the constant dissent made an American-like federation more than impossible. It could've been only solved in three ways. The first one was the Greater German, strictly pro-Austrian method with Hungary meant to be a subject of Austria. Woudl've been the best for the Austrians, but it failed miserably. Then came plan B, the compromise. Austria made a deal with Hungary and made her equal. The minorities living in Hungary had limited rights and no separate nations, of course. The Hungarians had mostly the same rights as the Austrians. About the 65-70% of the empire is happy. One third of the population is not amused. If left to their own affairs, Hungary would've probably assimilated the minorities eventually, but World War I dismantled the whole thing in pretty dramatic fashion. Plan C was similiar to B, but with the Czech and the Croatians getting autonomy too. Something could've been done in Galicia too, but the sharp demographic divide and the small, but notable Romanian minority made it difficult. Although Croatia was historically part of Hungary for a long time, the Hungarians never had too much presence demographically and Croatia has managed to maintain it's own culture and social structure. No cultural problems here (well, compared to the others) and probably Hungary would've let them go, if she was asked to. Other nationalities, like the Romanians and the Slovaks never really had nobility in Hungary and were mostly limited to being farmers and factory workers. The Slovaks especially so, since the region was one of the industrial centers of the empire. Since there were no borders to build on, they both had a rather dispersed, but later on, very determined population.

Giving autonomy to not one, but three powerful nations would've put Austria at the mercy of them. Although it could've functioned similiar to a federation, the lack of republican tradition and the underlying tensions would've made it unstable and weak. Why would any of these countries want to fight in Austria's wars? Why wouldn't they gang up and demand more autonomy when Austria is busy fighting elsewhere? Giving up too much would've made Austria a pushover, giving up nothing would've led to even more rebellions and eventually the empire would've been torn apart by the minorities. The Habsburgs decided that they would choose the compromise between these two. It gave the empire a strong foundation to build on, but also left it in a dangerous state. Supposing they would've managed to avoid all armed conflicts (impossible), the empire could have survived for a rather long time. But for sustainability, giving autonomy to the other nations too would've been the best option. Provided that they had won WWI, the empire probably would've gone with option C, as in Kaiserreich. With all the rivals eliminated and the empire holding still, it would've given it the necessary stability to not fall to internal conflicts and with no immediate outside dangers, Austria could have easily maintained it's dominance over the empire. A win-win for everybody, but the "homeless" minorities, who would've been eventually (maybe forcefully) assimilated.

(2/3)

The compromise was very likely the most sensible choice at that point. The previous failures, the danger of the other powers, the loss of Lombardia and the large underdevelopment made Austria something like a laughing stock in Europe. The Habsburg rulers often had a mixed relationship with Hungary. Maria Theresa loved them and treated them as equals, which was rewarded by Hungarian support. Franz Ferdinand (the guy who got shot) hated them with passion and as a liberal, he wanted to form the "United States of Greater Austria", which was more than unfeasible due to the previously mentioned issues. Other than horrible and illogical border gore, he wanted to create numerous German-speaking enclaves (including almost whole Budapest) inside the proposed states, pissing of everybody even more. Franz Joseph's predecessor, Ferdinand I, was slow-in-minds and was forced to abdicate as soon as things got hot with the revolution of 1848. The whole dynasty was a trash. The good old Franz Joseph was more pragmatic and tried his best to keep things from breaking for almost 70 years. As an old, tired and heartbroken, but extremely respected emperor, I think he made the most sensible choice at that point. The strictly pro-German politics could've never worked in such an enormous empire. The full autonomy would've been feasible eventually, but surely not then in that situation.

The Austrian Empire was one of the worst and also one of the most interesting empires in Europe at the same time. No empire had a structure like her and this horrible demography led to countless unique problems over the centuries. The moral to everybody: keep your country homogeneous; if you can't win against everybody, find a strong ally and then crush everyone else; do not accept immigrants, unless you are sure they will assimilate; forcibly assimilate/murder every pointless minority you see; if they can't harm you, never back down; avoid international affairs as picking the wrong side can be fatal; most people just want to be left alone and will only revolt, if they feel their existence endangered. Austria had a good run, despite starting as a tiny duchy. Imagine the same situation, but replace some random minorities with muslims from Pakistan and the emperor with the hostile, power-mongering bureaucrats of the European Union and you'll see the exact path on which Western Europe is going down. Sorry for the possible bullshitting and anti-Slovak and anti-Romanian bias, but as a half-Hungarian with German roots and some knowledge about the topic, it's difficult to talk about the Austria-Hungary without some dismay towards these nationalities. The situation in Western Europe is getting familiar and believe me Britbongs/Frogs/Krauts, you absolutely don't want to lose two-thirds of your country to foreigners and see your relatives suddenly getting stuck in a different country, where they are no longer a majority and can be endangered. White Europeans can be horrible enough to each other. Imagine losing your country to Islamists, who only form a "tiny" minority, yet want implement Sharia Law and see you dead already. Never ever give up what's yours.

(3/3)

Why is it so hard to get arrange some proper borders in Darkest Hour? Am I a brainlet, or is this Paradox map-painting simulator not supposed to allow proper Paradox map-painting?

It's not like Austria didn't try assimilation. Czech culture and language was half-dead for 200 years or so before getting revived in a surge of nationalism and considering that movement gave us Dvorak, Smetana and Mucha I'm glad it happened.

…saatanan vittu. I probably wont be able to change the succession laws of galicia or aragorn for a long time, due to vassals hating me for changing the succession law.

is MEIOU and taxes for EU4 as good as MEIOU for EU3?

I'd add that your proposed plan C could further be enhanced by giving Slovakia to Czechs – the languages are extremely similar to the point that they don't need to learn each other's language to speak with each other, and Slovak's, despite their newfound nationalism, weren't so ambitious as to demand an independent state, as can be seen with later forming of Czechoslovakia (which, despite various hiccups, worked very well, and later got dissolved mainly for economical reasons rather than nationalistic ones). Perhaps add Slovenians to the Croat kingdom? They'd likely respond better to being governed by other slavs, and it'd free Austria's hands from the problematic region.

Or perhaps the whole approach was a bit misguided in focusing on Austria itself, rather than on the figure of the Emperor. Had the royal family married into important noble houses of all the chief minorities and relegated Austria to a state on equal footing with others rather than first among equals, it would stop the various minorities from feeling like they were governed by Germans and instead each see the Emperor as being part Hungarian/Czech/Croat/Pole, etc., whichever would suit them.

The sad thing about Austria is that it couldn't have seen it coming, as nationalism only became a driving force in the later stages of the empire, when it already contained a mishmash of cultures. EU has no such excuse.

couldn't they make a country like united states? each nation a state federalised with the capital in wien? like a danubian united states

Whenever I see the option (at the start of the game thanks to the low prestige requirement) it only adds Hungarians.
And isn't it better to have cultures not accepted, so that they assimilate?

Thanks for the long post, I enjoyed it.

not fucked up enough, needs more incest.

Interesting lesson. Dunno. Perhaps you should pick and choose your minorities.

Those decisions come later, from the 1870s to the 1900s I believe, but of course you need to play NNM based mods for that.
Assimilation isn't happening when the culture has a core there, and that's the case for most provinces in Austria. The reason why you see them turning slowly to South German is due to inner migration and non accepted minorities emigrating due to higher militancy. So accepted cultures are always better (unless you are roleplaying and want to genocide them).

it's more about situation, if the land is strong and peacefull nobody can rise up

Try transferring the vassalage of counts that hate you so they are under dukes that hate you. The counts won't count anymore since they aren't your direct vassal and the dukes will be grateful for a while, hopefully enough to make them positive, maybe with some bribing as well. Otherwise you can try to find a reason to revoke a duchy from a duke who hates you, then give it to someone else who will love you long time.

shiggy diggy

Bumping with an ancient screenshot

Is there a GSG or a mod without retarded, unrealistic mechanics or bugged mechanics that cause unrealistic events like border gore or rapid soldier pop drop at the start of every vicky 2 game to happen? I stopped playing them because of this shit.

Are you the Autist that gave us the gigantic Japan lesson in the last thread?

Wasn't MEIOU 1 the mod that made half of Austria's region names Slavic?

HPM

can someone help a techdino on how to modify the expel jew malus? there aint no real reason to do it for min-max
like, where do i find it?

Was that the one where you played with a mod that made every province an independent realm?

Alright thought I'd leave you some stuff. Here's me after eating the afghans.

Pretty easy, since the afghans decalred (And took) a territory from one of his neighbours, so I could enter and hold my ground easily. Got the annex with minimal losses.

Now I have my 10% lit, so I get the beautiful extra research from Persia University, and now I sit at a crossroads with 9.5 K research.

Should I push for the Education reform for the Ed. Efficency to get more research over time, or should I push for the military officers to get a 15% and more conquest bonuses?

I feel that I should avoid the 10% to minimize militancy: the last thing I need is reactionaries going apeshit.

The problem with westernizing is that everything you do makes your pops angry because they're all dumb niggers, only the Japs don't go full apeshit once you start to westernize.

The problem with westernizing as anything that has Muslims is that all your dumb Sandmonkey Pops completely lose their shit once you start to westernize.

Military, building regular infantry will give you an edge on rebels.

For CK2?

So they'll go REEEEEEEE no matter what. I should then try do get it in as little research points as possible.

So I went for Extra tariffs so I can confortably put military and eeducation on 100% funding, and build some more units using the afghan pops.

Now, while I wait for the westernization, I shoul thing of places to eat.

Problem is, clippers ain't coming any time soon, so I can't really do an overseas attack, and ottos refuse to give me access.

I could go eat Punjab, who has Tea and three 80k provinces… or I could move north to Kokhand and frinds, who are weak. Problem is that I fear eating those primitive monkeys will slow my westernization, and getting close to Russia sounds dangerous.

You really should get the Foreign Officer Tech, the research Boost while conquering is insane.

La Plata is white and based

Holy shit I hate the "you can just join any war you want" mechanic Victoria 2 has. I just want to be the Kang of Kangz and the fucking eternal Anglo keeps declaring war on me, how is this shit fair?

You mean the mechanic that doesn’t exist?

No the fucking mechanic where a great power can just click the plus button that's next to a war in the "Show Wars" menu and just join any war on the other side of the world they want, as long as they're on the (((losing))) side which won't be losing any longer when fucking Britian with 25/30 army tech enters the battle against the Kongo.

So great powers, then. And only with positive relations with the countries in question.

Well seeing as the Eternal Anglo can just increase relations with everyone and I can't stop them from doing it, it's pretty much a Causus Belli against the entirety of Africa.

Because the Eternal Anglo sicking his nose into other countries' business is exactly how that period of history played out.

I know but still, I would have so much more fun as King of the Kangz without the constant interruption of the Eternal Anglo.

You should take the Baluchi provinces to your southeast. I'm pretty sure Baluchi is an accepted culture for Persia.

Poor egypt has a terible future no matter what, if it isn't the ottos it's literally everyone else wanting to get that suez canal.

Here's something for ya for when you get ships: Watch the diplomacy of Egypt and Ethiopia.to see if any great power has them on friendly, if not go and eat them, they have nice pop/resources, specially middle and low egypt, and those two become pretty much troopless from fighting each other or the ottos, and you don't have to spend 20 infamy like you have to with those single state minors.

I just played a round of Vicky 2 (Blood and Iron) as Sokoto and it was pretty fun, well at least until colonization started. Because after that all my neighbor countries got colonized and I couldn't form the Malii Empire anymore. I guess it makes sense considering Vickys time period but it's still kinda frustrating. Still, I got pretty far and I'm proud of that

Alright I'll assume it's for CK2:

1: Get notepad++ if you don't have it.

2: search for realm_decisions.txt. Its location depends if you're using a mod or not (you can make your own mod modifying this decision anyway):
2A. If you're using a mod that MIGHT modify this file (such as HIP or CK2++ or whatever), you gotta search around \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\MODNAME\decisions

2B. If you're playing vanilla, simply copy the file from your game folder (I think this decision comes with SoA, Sons of Abraham, DLC, so you might wanna search on google what DLC number its got). If you're using no mods, I could facilitate the clean vanilla file. Though it's better if you learnt on your own

3: Search for 00_event_modifiers.txt or event_modifiers.txt on the aforementioned directories (of course, depending if you use mods or not)

4: In realm_decisions.txt, search for "expel_jews = {", you'll see something like this: (Please note that I'm using HIP, which modifies things a little bit, but it SHOULD be similar to what you've got)
expel_jews = { only_independent = yes potential = { has_dlc = "Sons of Abraham" is_playable = yes OR = { AND = { independent = yes primary_title = { higher_tier_than = DUKE } } ai = no # So that it shows on player's list anyway } OR = { religion_group = christian religion_group = muslim religion_group = zoroastrian_group } NOR = { religion_group = jewish_group has_character_modifier = expelled_jewish is_nomadic = yes secret_religion = jewish secret_religion = samaritan secret_religion = karaite } age = 16 } allow = { independent = yes primary_title = { higher_tier_than = DUKE } OR = { religion_group = christian religion_group = muslim religion_group = zoroastrian_group } NOT = { any_realm_province = { religion_group = jewish_group } } prisoner = no is_incapable = no } effect = { set_character_flag = emf_context_expelled_jews prestige = -100 scaled_wealth = 5 banish_religion = jewish if = { limit = { trait = sympathy_judaism } remove_trait = sympathy_judaism } if = { limit = { NOT = { trait = arbitrary } OR = { has_character_modifier = small_loan has_character_modifier = medium_loan has_character_modifier = large_loan has_character_modifier = huge_loan } } add_trait = arbitrary } if = { limit = { has_character_modifier = small_loan } remove_character_modifier = small_loan } if = { limit = { has_character_modifier = medium_loan } remove_character_modifier = medium_loan } if = { limit = { has_character_modifier = large_loan } remove_character_modifier = large_loan } if = { limit = { has_character_modifier = huge_loan } remove_character_modifier = huge_loan } add_character_modifier = { name = expelled_jewish duration = -1 inherit = yes } custom_tooltip = { text = jews_are_expelled } hidden_tooltip = { character_event = { id = SoA.105 } add_character_modifier = { name = expelled_jews_timer duration = 7300 hidden = yes } } any_friend = { limit = { religion_group = jewish_group } remove_friend = ROOT } } ai_will_do = { factor = 1 modifier = { factor = 0.001 # Less likely to do it } modifier = { factor = 0 any_courtier = { religion_group = jewish_group reverse_opinion = { who = ROOT value = 20 } } } modifier = { factor = 0 any_friend = { religion_group = jewish_group } } modifier = { factor = 0 any_spouse = { religion_group = jewish_group } } modifier = { factor = 0 any_child = { religion_group = jewish_group } } modifier = { factor = 0 trait = kind } modifier = { factor = 0 trait = just OR = { has_character_modifier = small_loan has_character_modifier = medium_loan has_character_modifier = large_loan has_character_modifier = huge_loan } } modifier = { factor = 1.2 trait = zealous trait = arbitrary } modifier = { factor = 2 OR = { has_character_modifier = small_loan has_character_modifier = medium_loan has_character_modifier = large_loan has_character_modifier = huge_loan } trait = greedy } } }

4A: What you want to modify is probably under "effect = {", AKA the "prestige = -100" and "scaled_wealth = 5"; I modified mine to give me some prestige and piety (prestige = 100, piety = 250) and a bit more wealth (I believe it was scaled_wealth = 8), not too OP, but not too detrimental for your realm.

5: In 00_event_modifiers.txt search for "expelled_jewish = {", should see something like this:
expelled_jewish = { icon = 64 diplomacy = -2 global_tax_modifier = -0.1}

5A: This one's easier, it's the modifier that comes after expelling the kikes. A quick search online and you can get a list of all CK2 modifiers. Mine looks like this:
expelled_jewish = { icon = 64 defensive_plot_power_modifier = -0.2 plot_power_modifier = -0.2 plot_discovery_chance = -0.2 monthly_character_piety = 0.25 global_tax_modifier = -0.15 church_opinion = 20 same_religion_opinion = 10}
It means you get a malus of -20% to all plot-related stuff, 0.25 monthly piety, +20 church opinion and +10 same religion opinion AND -15% global taxes throughout your realm. Why would expelling the jews hurt your diplomacy?

Hope this helped.
Also, here's a random thought. The condition "banish_religion = jewish" means it could be used for ANY religion. If you're creative enough, you could make events to say, expell muslims, random heresies you don't like, pagans, zoroastrians and whatnot. Though you'd have to make several different event chains in order to add some flavor (I mean it's boring just to expell all muslims from your realm and expect that everything's gonna be fine and dandy)

Nice job, Sokoto has some problems westernizing since they don't have as many people to eat for conquest research.

Next time try Morocco :^)

So nukes are just a complete waste of research in Darkest Hour right?

Does anyone have a primitive/uncivilized nation recommendation for Vicky 2? I was thinking of Dai Nam but maybe there are some others that I don't know of that are fun to play and can form some cool empire.

Arabian is hard but you can form Arabia.
Sokoto can form mali, but you need to westernize quick to colonize your required lands.
Forming India is a crash course with England.
Morocco and Algiers are death via europe/USA.

I don't know if there are "Easy" primitives/uncivs that can form nations.

You might want to wait unil someone with more knowledge than me goes by, though.

Arabia has three main problems: Ottomans, unciv/primitive status, and their abysmal pop.

In general you ca annex arabia after you've become powerful or placate the ottos, since you can attack arabians at any time, while eating high pop/high literacy countries, which you really need, should be prioritary.

But yes, restore order is solidified glory.

Only really did this for my own enjoyment. Didn't realize people would be interested.

Lotta autism. Actually learned a lot of history during these things, because I wanted to make everything historically logical with respect for the time period.

Did one playthrough as Poland, starting as a count in 1066. Currently in the process of converting to Victoria 2 (mostly done).

I was autistic enough to edit the textures of my nation's units
sorry about the border gore

Near east is a country?

Like half of the techs are a waste of research in DH. I'd consider nukes more a waste because WW2 will probably be over years before you finish producing one, but if you are planning on a long game I'd make them just for the novelty.

Don't listen to the niggers, write as much as you want about history.
I haven't read any of your posts yet, though.

You should they're pretty well thought out. His Japan one, if it was even the same guy, was a good read. This one too. He offers good explanations of why countries did what they did when put into bad situations.

Does anyone have screencap of his Japan one?

Anyone played Mexico, any tips?

I actually have studied some Japanese history, but I will still read it eventually.

archive.fo/k4tqX

You are supposed to form it with Massina

Persia, Sikh Empire, Siam, Ethiopia, Egypt, Kokand, Morocco

I think the most staggering thing about it is when you find out that Japan won CK2. As in they have the probably longest ruling dynasty in the world, going from who the fuck knows when to present. Also that the Emperor, being relegated to a glorified puppet for centuries, managed to get it all back and unify the warring country under him. It's like a /gsg/ wet dream

Here's a fresh idea - how about we try and find grand strategy games that were not developed and/or published by Paradox.

Much obliged. His speculations read like a fairy tale for a better world, instead of the Bolshevik hellhole we found ourselves in.

Already tried that. It's all garbage worse than Parajew by several magnitudes. Wargames are a little better, but most of them are still worse than DH or even HoI3. If you want to look yourself, Slitherine publishes a shitload of wargames.

Meiji was truly the most powerful Japanese emperor in like hundreds of years, but he become emperor as a child. He unified no one. The daimyo that were put at the bottom used the opportunity and revolted. They become basically the politicians and advisers of the emperor and really the ones that moved things around. Even if we are generous and say that its best time like half the power was in the hands of Meiji, with the incesttard that was Taisho it quickly went downhill. One of the interesting moments where the politicians couldn't just ignore the emperor was when Hirohito broadcasted that Japan has lost forcing the politicians to make the decision. They even tried to stop him. So while the emperor was God in the eyes of the people, someone was still mostly polling his strings, but the fact the people see him as the true leader can be used.

Unless you conisder Civilization a Grand Strategy…

The grand strategy niche is quite small, so it's only logical there isn't much about it, apart from the ones mentioned in the OP, of course.

If you lose texas, you can say goodbye to the north part of the mexican empire since muh manifest destiny.

I'm flattered that you thought Hungarianon was me, but we're separate historical autists. I just do some narrow WW2 stuff, by and large, as that's where I have a little bit of knowledge. Enough to speculate on alternate procurement lines & broad-stroke political & operational stances, at least. By the by, that really was a nice summary of Austro-Hungary and how much of a mess it was, user.

It's really rather funny how Hirohito rejected the fellows that explicitly demanded restoration of his dictatorial powers amongst other things, at the advice of court officials proclaiming that to fulfill their demands and allow the government to resign would be 'effectively be granting victory to the rebel army.' The one which wanted to clean house on court factions, economic back-biters and make Emperor Showa an actual sovereign rather than a head of state viewed as a sovereign, in reality merely a man with great pull in the court & military planning who could nonetheless be obstructed. A victory which he didn't desire to grant, because reasons. I'm sure someone has written as to why, perhaps even Emperor Showa himself, but it just seems inexplicable to me.

You did god's work. One of this days I need to actually read some history and stuff.

Part of the reason why people debate how much say the emperor really had, especially after Meiji, is the implication that if the emperor had a lot of power then the imperial family is to blame for their war actions. It is responsibility. And really the imperial family and other noble families have gotten accustomed to eat, fart and write poetry for hundreds of years. It is no wonder the first novel was written in Japan. Their lives were basically nothing, but love dramas.

GSG are in an unfortunate niche where they lack mass appeal yet still need a lot of resources for development.

Same goes for any good genre like mech and space sims and cRPGs, so you usually end up with one or two big names that dominate the market, and if they go bankrupt or decide to go full retard you're left with nothing.

Darkest Hour 1.5 is coming out soon.

Any good Slitherine games? Drag and drop seems kinda retarded. Order of Battle seems fun.

Order of battle is fun, just don't expect anything too deep from it.

most of their games are garbage, and the few that seem to have potential usually pack awful performance and still seem generally unsatisfying. They usually pack some serious autism, but seem to have problems converting that autism into an actually fun game. So far the only game of theirs I likes was Order of Battle.

Some anons posted ageod games here a few months back, but while everyone appreciated the variety, it never catched on – awful performance and the gameplay wasn't terribly fun either.

Werent they the ones that created warhammer 40k armageddon?

Yes. It's pretty much the same thing as Order of Battle, only worse.

Well, it certanly has good autism in it, those guys shoved as many vehicles and units from imperial armour as possible, asides from all leman russ variants.

I'm out of the loop. Is this some kind of unofficial patch? Why is it so special?

The DH development team is still working on the game, this is an official patch. Most of the time the patch changes the game around. For example one of the changes in 1.04 was that units cut off from supply no longer lose org. which was annoying, but it also made CA screens instead of capital ships for fleet composition, which meant you could create some interesting fleet combinations. There were several other changes as well, like AI Japan releasing the Republic of China-Nanking. Basically the game will have a ton of new or changed features to play around with.

Maybe one day they'll balance airpower and make it a key part of a nation's military.

I took all of south + west Africa and it's called Polish Near East for some reason

IT'S ALMOST FUCKING DONE

Ok, update: Ate Kalat with a conquest CB even though I had like 8 infamy. Thank the whatever gods persia worships that pro mil and unciv give bonuses to cb creation.

But… problem. Ottomans decided to backstab me, even though I was pretty sure I had them at 50~relations. But Russia, who's keen on sphereing me decided to intervene and beat the turks' ass.

What the fuck i love russia now. Also, got foreign officeers as I was told, I'll get the next 15% next for the quickest westernization possible.

Get on the friendly slav's sphere and eat the ottomans.

Okay, war's over, status quo is maintained.

Problems with attacking ottos: Alliance with the UK. Right now Ottos have less military power than me and half of me and Punjab, but If I declare on them I'll incurr the wrath of the red blob.

Maybe i should eat Arabia while the ottos have a truce and can't protect Nejd…

Eat arabia, but do know, you will face the fury of the red blob.
I played as persia once, and spent around 10 years in world war against the brits becausse they just kept sending poos at me, so i had to siege and battle all over india until they started rebelling.

I just hope I can manage to get to a point in which I can fight him… or placate him in diplo… I have him at +200 relations, but I know that won't help when crisis for azerbayan and such happen.

I need to acquire power and prestige, I ate a state from Nejd to give me easier acccess to the arabian area and I'm regularly attacking Makran for prestige. My ifnamy is a bit high, so I'll have to cool off for now until I westernize, which will be soon.

Got the Army foreign training and the navy schools. Only one reform to go until I fully esternize!

As I said, the games slitherine publishes tend to be highly autistic. But the gameplay is usually lacking. Order of battle (and its clones) are one of the few that manage to be both autistic and enjoyable.

That's amazing news, user. Hopefully they'll add even more flavour and alternate history.

Hopefully they'll add more tags.

So, I wanted to ask, is Panzer Corps worth the bother? Does it live up to Panzer General?

What niggers? Nobody complained about his posts.

Got any sauce on that?

I've seen your posts for a long time now but what does your mod actually change if I may ask?

If I may give you one piece of advise, don't even stop being allied to the Russians. Because the moment the alliance breaks, the Eternal Anglo or the Amerifats (which are both essentially the same) will be all over you and fuck you up in every war they can.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-1-05-help-with-translation-to-spanish-and-russian.1043250/

Cool but I really hope that it's not just a simple translation patch, I would really like to see some slight technical improvements like Borderless Windowed mode, better compatibility and 144hz.

Last thread someone did

I can't see that happening.

how to git gud at darkest hour?

Maybe try reading beyond the thread title.

But the translation patch is all the post talks about. It may very well be that the patch is simply that, bug fixes and other smaller improvements.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/good-news-1-05-patch.1043366/
Someone also made a thread in the forum but the changelog won't be available until the patch is actually released. One thing was confirmed at least, which should be good news to that guy who was having trouble getting DH to run on his computer.

Ok, I'm the Techdino user
Cheers for the help but when I change the note in realm.txt says I can't do it, its lock….

It's obviously not translation patch.

Haven't tried that one. Give it a spin and tell us how is it.

I really hope so, Darkest Hour deserves more love

Off the top of my head:

Elaborate. What are you doing? What game are you even attempting to mod?

You should play test it to make sure the large amount of counties doesn't make the Caucasians overpowered. I've also never seen you post the new portraits.
I feel like that's just what I'll try to do when I first play the mod.

Sounds cool, I might give CK2 a try again with this.

Dammit, now I have to arg the latest version of CK2.

These are all the new portraits; Alan gfx is also shared with Kasogs and Nakhs, Udi gfx is used by Daghestani cultures.

In previous HIP versions, both Copts (Kubti) and Assyrians (Suryaye) looked about the same; now both have different shades of brown and facial structures.
Mediterranean gfx (Sardu in pic related) is used by Neapolitans, Maltese (new culture, forgot to mention) and Sicilian Italians (not Sicilian Arabic >Implying there's a difference).
Hay (Armenian) and Kartveli (Georgian) look about the same (along with Abkhazians) as they share the same gfx, not sure why I put both picks as if they differed in appearance.
Gunnung gfx (Suvar/Caspian Hun) is also used by Tawlu (Proto Karachay-Balkars) and Qumuq (Kumyks, not implemented in game I'll probably add em later on)

And as for the Jews: Rhomaniotes spawn in Greece, Southern Italy and Anatolia; Maghrebim in North Africa; Mizrahi in the Middle East (all the way from Jerusalem to India); Sefardim in Spain and Morocco; Juhuro only in the Caucasus Area (excluding Armenia)
And as for the provinces, I've been doing test runs every once in a while, most provinces are small (I think the biggest one is Derbent with 6 holdings), most provinces don't go past 4 holdings, with a few exceptions (4 provinces in specific, I believe: Alania, Kumukh, Kaytag and Jiketi). Vanilla HIP DOES add a +25% levy increase to shitty provinces (N. Caucasus included), so I felt like I should keep it that way, I mean the guys always get utterly buttraped by nomads and other civilized people, and Shirvan is supposed to be a regional power, so I suppose it's all 'historical' or whatever. **And honestly, 25% levy increase ain't shit when your barren patch of mountain can muster about ~500 or so troops.

ALSO I forgot to mention amongst the new features is some sorta stupid overhaul to tribal-type holdings: Caucasian cultures can have those sweet tribal steppe barracks and stables (from Altaic and Magyar cultures) in mountain/hills/forest terrain. It wouldn't make much sense if tribal Alans and proto-Circassians didn't use any horses, that's fucking bullshit. Russians also have access to tribal stables provided their holding is located in steppes/plains terrain.

That's pretty cool, although a bit unrealistic since they have always been an extremely small minority that were forced to live in marshes to avoid persecution so they didn't exactly inhabit an entire CK2 province. Not complaining of course because extra religions/heresies that aren't Abrahamic are always welcome in my opinion.
It would be interesting if you could add a Berber Pagan heresy, the gods of the Canarias weren't exactly the same as the gods worshipped in Mali.

Those are some good looking Schlomos.

Eh I figured out it was bullshit, but the whole place is Islamic and not diverse enough™; don't remember in which province I placed them though, it's probably near Khuzestan/Ahwaz. They're a small enough minority, so I believe I could actually make a separate province in the marshes (since Ahwaz occupies a big chunk of land and it's a pretty big province with 6 or so holdings)

As for Berber Paganism, I don't know shit about it. If you could provide some sources, insight or whatever I could probably work something out the same way I did with Caucasian Paganism. I remember some early EU4 mods (especially Extended Timeline) had a Tamazighe religion or something like that, never really bothered to check it out.
From what little I've gathered from a quick read to this: temehu.com/imazighen/tamazight-mythology.htm (not sure if it's a credible source) and wikipedia the guys seemed to have lived in a quasi-matriarchal society (or at least women/priestesses were held in high regard) and worshiped a wide array of polytheistic gods (sometimes borrowed from Egyptians, Semites and Greco-Romans)

Thanks, gotta make do with asset recycling. I'm proud of their noses also, they should be ugly and crooked, just like their morals.

The eternal Anglo never sleeps

REALISTIC WORLDS

This picture actually hurt me physically.

Wasn't there a magyar tribe that broke off and settled in the Caucasus? That would be interesting to play.

Almost the same level of bullshit as Yamamoto's supposed "we have awoken a sleeping giant" quote. Get that Holla Forums-tier shit outta here, son. Read up on Sparta's Laconics if you want some "EBIN historical quotes" with at least a semblance of truth to them.

I think you missed the point of the joke my good friend.

I have always been interested in the subject but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding their pre-Islamic religious traditions. Probably because most of berber culture has been passed down orally.
Most of he Berbers of the Canarias (named Guanches) seemed to have worshipped this guy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achamán
There's also a neopagan "church" on the Canarias whose members worship a sun godess which was worshipped by Guanches as well:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaxiraxi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Guanche_People
But yeah, aside from wikipedia articles and undetailed lists of deities there doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding tradional berber religions online, I have never been able to found a book that goes in detail about it either. I did read once that the natives of the Rif region of Morocco continued worshipping water spirits until the early 20th century but I can't recall where I got that from exactly.

The Jászi? If so, it's the other way around. Jászi were an offshoot of the Alanians who settled in Hungary along with some Kipchak tribes in the late medieval era (I believe they ran away from the Mongols or something.)
If you're talking about the Avars, those were Turkic, and the Caucasian Avars are neither related to the Turkic Avars nor the Magyars; nor are Magyars related to the Turkic or the Caucasian Avars.

Shame, I could make something, but it's gonna get the same treatment as the rest of the Pagan beliefs: A blanket, generic religion encompassing the various Berber beliefs. It's what I did with the Caucasian Paganism, though it's reformed version is pretty much based on the modern Ossetian Watsdin and the various versions of the Nart Sagas (mainly Chechen, Ossetian and Circassian.) Though this'd be for a future update, I need to research a bit before doing anything.

Also, for Mandaeans, I'm working on a new province right now: Shushtar (light pink). I think it's the closest we have to a fully Mandaean province, since that city was largely Mandaean up until the 19th century.

No, I'm talking about the Savard magyars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Hungarians#Savard_Magyars

Jesus man what the fuck is this? I had no idea Magyars split and lived in the Caucasus. Any more info about them?
Also their name bears some resemblance to 'Suvar' who were also semi-nomadic people (Turkic) that settled in the Western Caspian lowlands.

I love /gsg/

is there any grand strategy game that let's you draw your own borders and lets you decide how your nation is broken to counties/duchies/crowns etc.or a one where you could technically be a vassal of multiple rulers and be de facto independent. I think it's shame that in ck2 you can only be a vassal of one person and in general I feel the allegiances should be more fluid than they currently are, for True Medieval Experience(tm).

CK2 has a custom nation and ruler designer, I think that's as close as it gets unless you want to mod yourself a custom country.

The fact he's dead still hurts.

At least he lived a long fulfilling life.

yea, I know of ck2 custom nation thing, but not really what I was looking. something like all borders(including county borders could be redrawn and you could decide what stuff belongs to what. oh and another thing that would be nice would be the ability to merge titles. But I'll stop before this turns into wishlist.

I'm afraid I can't help you there seeing as pretty much all /gsg/'s are orientated to be historic accurate. But maybe Distant Worlds lets you do stuff like that.

hmm, I might have explained it badly, sorry for that, I'm bad at explaining myself. By drawing own borders, I didn't mean like in the start of the game, those would be determined by the starting year, just in other gsg's. what I mean is for example in peace deal, it wouldn't be like conquer provinces x, y and z. instead you(assuming you're the one dictating the peace treaty would draw what you want(with possibly getting titles too. so basically the loser could end up with provinces/counties/etc's that lack half of their stuff.

Thats nothing, check this out
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarab_people
And I can't really find anything, I'm sure there are more sources in Hungarian.

But isn't that what happens in CK2? You win the war, you get the province(s) and you become count of that duchy thus redrawing the borders?

Sounds near impossible to realistically implement, and kind of pointless too, tbh. Provinces are used because it's relatively simple to program and because they're self-contained - one province can be extremely well developed, while the neighbour can be utter shit. If you drew the borders, you would have to somehow define where the undeveloped shit starts, how much of it you take, etc. Not to mention that developing anything regionally would be a nightmare to implement.

AYO HOL UP
HOL UP
SO U B SAYIN
WEWUZ MAGYARZ N SHEIT

hmm, I guess you're right. oh well

well, what I was trying to say that there wouldn't be provinces at all in same way as they exist in most gsg's and instead you could redraw borders very freely at peace negotiations and shit. and in inheritace lands could splinter even worse than they do in ck2. But as said, it's probably not worh the effort to implement(and probably impossible)

Shitposting aside, I do recall a city named Majar/Madjar/Madzhar/Majara in the Kuma basin. That's in the Northern Caucasus, and it also bears a striking resemblance to the word Magyar. Though I believe it was built (or rebuilt) by the Mongols, but I'm not too sure about it.

I'd be careful about using such things as evidence. There's a town called Benis in Iran, for example

I've just realized the British flag is back to front in Darkest Hour, not just the US vertical problem either, the British flag is just straight up wrong horizontal or vertical.

I can't find enough evidence on the Savard Hungarians, only a bunch of WEWUZ-tier nonsense written by some Laszlo Bendefy and this supposed Kummagyaria on fucking Wikipedia. It's a shame actually, it would've been interesting to play as Caucasian Hungarians.

Seems like they were there at some point, the question is when and did they leave with the rest of them. Maybe they are these fuckers:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madjars
Gotta love the Hungarian wewuzzing

Nigger stop it. It was funny the first time, it was much less funny the second time and now it's just pure bait.

Well it only took almost two years and over 4 million dead, but I finally took Korea from Japan. It was back in forth in south for ages. The third picture has a list of the last battles from October '44 to April '45. Even with a 2:1 division advantage it was almost impossible to advance. In one battle I was cycling support attacks with divisions where twenty or so divisions would support the attack, once they rain low on on org they would retreat and another twenty would support the attack and so on and so forth. I lost that battle. Kill death ratios were extremely disproportionate and the only reason the Japanese have losses even remotely near mine is because all their divisions on the peninsula were completely destroyed. Never fight a land war in Korea. It's not worth the cost.

t.

All he can do is repost a handful of images. If you don't pay him any mind he can't do anything beyond this. Same with the tired La Plata crosspost memeshitters. Once he runs out, if he tries desperately to start fishing for replies by spamming outright with the component images like his reply there, he's hotpocket fodder. Probably hotpocket fodder anyways if he posts them all at once.

What scenario based mods for Hearts of Iron IV would you recommend /gsg/? I've already played Kaiserreich and Millennium dawn. Is Iron Curtain 2.0 any good?

omg hahahAHAHAHAHAHahAHahahaaHAAAA

Fuck this, can't add this province for some reason, game keeps crashing (probably because I'm editing Persia or someshit)
I'll have to leave it out. No Mandaeans.

Now the Germans have come to play. Surprisingly not as bad as Korea, but my rank 6 general Zhu De died in combat so it still won't be the greatest victory.

Finally, here it is:
mega.nz/#!5g1RTaJb!_-QrNQr0_Cgii58swjMMcQt9XusXgcN3Co4RFboJVIg

user's HIP edits v1.05 for HIP 2.7.2
Readme and changelog included.

I've playtested extensively sorta and managed to squash any bugs I came across. If there's anything wrong, please let me know, though the mod shouldn't give you any troubles aside from performance 'issues' as I've added quite a few provinces and several new events and whatnot.
Have fun.

Also I think I forgot to mention the new traderoutes included in this mod, a noddly monstrosity comprised of an overhauled Silk Road, Varangian Route, Mediterranean Atlantic and Baltic trade.

Yep. I'm trying to complete this campaign as Assyria, but the game eventually crashes just like it does in all my other games.

quick question, after the Byzantines fell, would you consider Vinice the next most legitimate successor state of the Roman empire? if not then who?

The Kingdom of Italy should have the strongest claim to the title of Third Rome. Other than that, Moscow has a theological and socio-political basis for their claims as Third Rome. We've got the Ottoman empire forcing their way to make the claim, even though it fell flat after Mehmed II died.

Would require the game to keep track of small basic units of either literally land or single holdings like a city, instead of the lowest unit being a county with its holdings. I don't think it would be worth the effort. I have seen this sort of representation of vassalage proposed before, it would atleast depict the Normandy/France situation better.

It does sound like something that'd happen only WTWSMS, but the Magyars really did get everywhere. I don't think it's wewuz.

Lolno. Founded four centuries after 1453 by liberals and masons. To lay a claim would be 100% LARPing.
t. pasta
More than that. They actually laid the claim in 1453, and had some dynastic ties. Since 1917 there's no Rome anymore, because we live in a gay world.

As i understand it, Vinice was part of the Byzantine empire that gradually forked off.
while it is obviously hard to objectively determine, my current ranking is:

So basically the heart of what i'm asking is "does Rome:Byzantium = Byzantium:Vinice". I don't really know if the Venetians even considered themselves roman after the defacto split.

i thought that too at first, but he is probably referring to barbarian Italy after the fall of western roman empire.

Protip: When combat finishes and enemy divisions are retreating, send all of your CAS/bombers at them while they are still in the province and stuck in their retreating mode. Hold them beforehand so they'll be at max strength and ready to bomb.

The enemy can't fire back, have no defense at all, and it will keep their ORG down, which normally recovers while retreating. This keeps them weak in terms of both STR and ORG so you can just keep pushing after a single won battle.

Depends on who you ask. The Ottomans, HRE and the Russians all have claims.

How do you define most legitimate?

Do the Ottomans immediately lose out for being Muslim despite their occupation of Roman territory and maintaining of Byzantine administration and titles? Do the Russians lose out over their location despite the fact that they maintain Eastern Christianity and Imperial titles?

Usually the "legitimacy" is decided on popularity and might is right but they didn't destroy each other and only people within these countries really cared enough to hold positions on who was the legitimate successor to Rome.

You going on ethnicity and location? So was Rome dead when it was only Greeks in the East keeping the dream alive? Italy isn't exactly populated or lead by Latins.

Get Dresden'd, Krautroach.

Italians are the closest thing to Romans we have today, they occupy the same geographical area where the Romans existed and expanded from. The Italo-fascist claim to the title is the most recent and was used by Italian figures, especially as a casus belli to expand the Italian Kingdom across the Mediterranean.

At the end of the day, it depends on who you ask, lots of people claimed the title and nobody will reach a common consensus over it.

One thing that always irked me about Darkes Hour was that the pop up messages never address you the way they should. They don't say Führer, Dulce, Emperor, Kaiser etc. it's a small thing but it would be nice if the game had that. But good job on your campaign.

No, that's like saying the Turks are the closest thing to Byzantines that we have today, 60% of Italy is Africa and Italy as a country in general is a joke. There is no population group that's even close to Romans in the 21th century, they all got completely wiped out by the Turk Roaches.

you must be real proud to gobble jew- and muslim-dick 24/7, island ape :)>>13419906

Get Rotherham'd, britkike.

Ottomans didn't even reach Italy. The ayyrabs took Sicily then got rekt and expelled by Normans later on. Any existing descendants of the Latin-Falsican group could potentially claim to be related to the Romans.

Turks beat up Hungary and Naples, but didn't land in Iberia, letting France do their thing. Fuck it.

I meant the last remaining Romans in Byzantine, not actual Romans when the Empire still existed.

Those are called 'Greeks', son.

Not true, Byzantine still had actual Romans and at the very least Roman DNA.

Romans mostly colonized France, Spain and Britain. This is also evidenced by the fact the the greeks managed to retain their culture and language despite being under roman rule for centuries, unlike the residents of Gaul and Spain.

Don't worry, Mama Merkal has personally dispatched her Stasi … I mean Tolerance Officers to place a few hundred '19 year old' migrants in your homes. They'll be with you shortly.

First of all, greeks can be considered an integral part of the empire, since they mostly kept control of the eastern part of the empire.
Second, when the western empire fell, everyone that could fled towards the eastern roman empire's borders, hence why you see such a population spike and constantinople in justinian's times being more populated than at any point durign its byzantine history.

Modern Italians are mostly a mix of Germanic Europeans and Germanic Europeans that spoke Latin. The peninsula is mainly a mix of Lombard and Norman with Arab influence in the south, especially in Sicily where the language is filled with Arab words.

No wonder Byzantines called the north italians normans and the south italians latins, they saw them all as barbarians and not romans.

Persia-fag here. Just westernized and I feel Persia is a bit closer to beign a real country.

Good things:

- I have 2% clergy, so I can concentrate on industry.
- I have coal and iron so I can get the basic industries supplied adeuately.
- Pretty ncie economy out of eating high pop regions will surely give me the cash to industrialize effectively and build all the rails / bases /forts I need.
- Ottos are pretty much without troops,a nd because of a lucky Greek crisis, now Ottos and Uk ain't allies anymore.

Problems:

- Infamy rolls have been bad for me, so i can't start steamrolling yet.
- I shouldn't have gone for so much prestige, becuse I'm gonn hit Graet ower inmeditaely once I industrialize.

Not really, because my good friend Russia is allied with the baguette- The moment I go to great Power, the moment the alliance will vanish for "Too many great power allies".

So you know, good and bad. Both Russia and UK are at 200 relations, so they won't be fabricating, but crisises are a thing.

And everyone rightfully called the basileus the King of Greeks.

And obviously, the first legimate Caesar after the fall of western empire was Solomon I the Magnificent of Rome.

If you're talking about prior to the fall of the western empire, that's precisely what they were. Goths in togas.

If I may give you one advise again, try to eat the Sikh empire (Panjab) as fast as you can. Because once the Eternal Anglo does it you won't be able to anymore ,you will be denied access to Asia forever unless you want to go to war with the Russians and you also won't be getting those delicious pops.

Nah, thats what the byzantines thought as showcased in the alexiad.

Certanly the majority of the population was greek.
Homever, romans did flee towards the eastern empire by the time the western empire fell, so you could consider byzantines greco-romans, no longer purely greek/hellenic, but the result of romans mixing with greeks.

Everytime I try to unpack the DLC's for CK2 I downloaded from the Russian site it says that the 35th DLC is corrupted, all the other ones work fine. Anyone else had this problem?

Download all the files related to the DLC pack.

Holy shit I feel so fucking retarded right now, I always thought that the 3 links were all just different mirrors. Thanks fam

so king of france just inherited HRE. I guess I'm not expanding into north in the near future(tho' I will conquer his holdings in iberia)

Can somebody explain Paradox's policy on genocide? They allow the Dzungar genocide, Cherokee genocide and Nanjing massacre but not the Khmer Rouge, Armenian genocide, Holocaust or any of the Stalin era experiences.

Italians claim Roman heritage because that's the only successful military tradition that region has had as a unified state.

Did anyone ever debunk the "Auschwitz has a chimney that was build after the war"-thing?

Because neither communists nor t*rks ever did anything wrong in the eyes of a cuckold swede, as long as it's red or islamic, the swedes will suck its dick.
And the kikes are still milking the holocaust so hard even mentioning the H word in public could cost you some reparation/demand shekels from a greedy jew.

Remember, only kikes are allowed to talk about the holocaust.

I accidentally inherited France as England in my most recent game. It was the result of a marriage that I just clicked accept on without noticing because I was too busy forcing Scotland to stop being not part of my country. I took that as my cue to restore the Roman Empire, and did so by marrying (and assassinating) my way into control over the Byzantine Empire. Extremely fun game. Way more interesting than EU IV's "gameplay".

Ckii got kinda shitty after a few patches. The fact that the HRE can maintain absolute authority and high taxes with ease is really retarded .

How to play /gsg/ in Linux?

Completely deprecated mod, last updated in 2016? Just go with HPM.

Thanks user.
White and Based.

Anglo posting is a joke in and of itself.

The quotes probably bs but A Bridge Too Far was a great film.

You check which games have a Linux version and check if they have a copy somewhere online. They probably don't, though, especially not an up to date one for the new games, so you will have to buy them.

"No"

Is there a way to play pirated CKII with a friend? We would buy the base game but the massive dlc wall is too much.

Just buy the base game for like 5 bucks off a keyseller and then pirate the DLC's.

You can play MP with pirated DLCs if you bought the base game. Or just use the steamcrack with a pirated copy.

Persia-fag here with disturbing developments.

- Punjab is on the UK's Sphere already, so I'm already too late. I need Punjab to help defend against Ottos, so not much i could have done.

- Russia of course has ended his alliance for baguette. But before it could happen I wrangled Russia into a war with the ottomans. Unfortunately they were allied with Austria, so it was a fierce battle. I managed to get the warscore bby securing myself in the mountains and avoiding conflict. I chose that area 'cause defensible mountains, high-ish pop, and iron and coal.

- I have much space to conquer to the west, I can move for arabia or egypt, or keep eating otto lands.

Now, problems:

- I still have huge amounts of infamy.

- My industry is not taking off, even though I have some cotton, the fabrics are not selling and what I thought was gonna be a valid lumber business tanked like hell.

- Crisis is brewing in afghanistan, already got two events for flashpoint.

- Soldier counts are lowering fast. I need to go eat sokoto or someone soon.

- Russia is not my ally anymore, but we stiall have military access on each other.

And now, the moment of shame. I looked at the Great powers for help just in case Spain or austria got a nasty idea… and apart from the USA or >switzerland, my only real option is who is now my ally…

The eternal Anglo.

I feel dirty, and I have no idea what i'm getting into. This will probably be a ride. Also, Spain is eating Egypt and Ethiopia.

How can you debunk fact, user? There are pictures from the liberation that don't have it, and it's standing today. It didn't exist. There is no holocaust.

You have grain and glass, liquor factories aren't just a meme.

The UK floods the market. Don't even bother.

You got yourself into nothing, he will just backstab you at the first chance he gets as he always does.
Do what this guy said.
Try encouraging soldiers

200% halal shiite liquor

Had a nice mega war going on.
Funny thing is, all this happened for 2 provinces in northern france that were owned by spain.
i got not a single province out of it in Italy because of the casus belli.
FML

Im getting close to it
dont start with shit
the ERE is the roman empire

I can't remember if those were genuine or just b8 tbh.

pretty sure they were always bait, now they're just annoying bait

So I'm playing the warhammer fantasy mod for Crusader kings 2 but after around 150 so years ingame I suddenly slow down to a fucking crawl. Any fix for this? I have a
Ryzen 7 1700 so there's no way this my cpu having trouble. pic unrelated

Get old world only mod

Ok thank you user

For some reason the ck2 community is deadset on having a sekrit club modding scene I needed to make an account and verify my game to get my current warhammer mod. Finally got it in through an anons mega. Is the old world mod the same way?

tfw no (((gf)))

mean't for

anonfile.com/pbQf1fc2b0/mod.rar

Draw out the Texan war, make sure you don't go over 0% war score until the last day of the war.
This means letting Texas occupy your provinces and waiting over 2 years so your unfulfilled wargoal makes your warscore go down.
Don't compete for colonial provinces, you can't keep up anyways. I do Idaho first because usually USA competes with UK for that one part of British Columbia. Look at all the provinces you can colonize, and take the ones that the US hasn't invested in.

It's not the modder's fault, Paradox rules. They'll ban you if you offer your mods outside of Paradox-locked forums.

I see, what a bunch of fucking dickheads. Thank you anyways anons.

Why only CK2 though? I mean Vicky 2 still has a pretty active modding scene and most of the mods just have Pastebins or are on Moddb or both.

this old world mod just an add on to the current warhammer mod or stand alone? Maybe my version of the base game isn't compatible because it doesn nothing when I launch it.

Add it like separate mod and then run both of them at the same time

They do it for all games after CK2. V2 I don't think they care much anymore, though if someone pointed out a mod that was on their forums that was also hosted elsewhere, they'd probably force its removal.

Sometimes it seems that Paradox is actively trying to be the gayest Dev in history.

What does this add on even do? Just performance?

removes new world, i mean the name suggests that

It's almost jarring how polite everyone is in this general. Don't you want to call me a retard or a coon?

Yeah, they treat their costumers like complete shit, I honestly wonder why normalfags give them money to continue this system.
Their games are made incomplete on purpose so they can sell you all these DLCs that you NEED to have to be able to have a fun experience with their games which means that if you bought the game expecting all the features to already be in there you're fucked.
They also don't allow you to post mods outside of the forums and the forum has reddit-tier discussion rules which means that you can easily get banned for "problematic" things even though forum acounts are part of what you pay for when you buy their games. Example would be them not allowing people to be use the term "kebab" when talking about the Ottomans because they deem it a racial slur.

/gsg/ is pretty different from the rest of this site

That's pretty funny

I see that, it inspires me like a rolemodel.

Use the 'Present Débutante' decision to materialize summon a female jew from the outer planes your court.

New update coming out soon, gonna implement Berber Paganism and 2 new provinces (Mughan in Transcaucasia and Shushtar in Southern Mesopotamia) along with some new wastelands for Persia (Zagros Mountains) and Azerbaijan.

That's 20 shekels in HIP, just too much.

Holy fuck I completely missed your release, gotta try this.

Should I tone it down a little bit? I do agree that the cost (probably based on a yearly % of shekels.)
I'm not sure what the % is though, but I could cut it by half or something. I mean, in a bigass realm it costs around 60 shekels to hire some shitty debutante/diplomat/spy/whatever when you could simply spend 10 (or 25 in total if you gotta bribe them) by inviting someone from another realm using the 'Find Character' function.

What do I do when an enemy army runs away from me in CK2? When I win a battle all I can do is run after them until they're fully supplied again and then they attack me. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't I get an advantage?

its a "feature" paradox added some time ago
you can disable it when starting the game, i think option is called "shattered armies"

Thanks, jesus fucking christ this feature sucks ass. How is that realistic in any way?

I don't think it's a percentage because it's around 4 years of income.

It's actually not that unrealistic. In real life if two medieval armies fought and one wants to retreat, they'll generally get away if they can manage the initial disengagement. This is because both armies move at the same rate (walking speed), and if the pursuer tried to catch up with horses they'd probably get in trouble fighting a larger army alone.

It's something of a problem with Paradox games where, because of the province system, armies that shouldn't be fighting still are forced to fight just by being in the same province. In a normal RTS game like Starcraft or w/e you'd see things work more realistically: two armies of the same speed can never be forced to fight as long as one of them as room to retreat.

It was added so online players wouldn't lose from one battle.

turns out the golden horde fucking invaded all of the eastern roman empire and now it's just completely gone

I once got an actual jewish kingdom of jerusalem while playtesting some of my HIP edits.
Turns out some Romaniot guy (jew from greece) had been invited over or something by Baudouin I, ended up becoming (((christian))) and married Baudouin's daughter. In a few generations the (((converts))) inherited the kingdom (guess his house either pressed claims or fell under cognatic succession) and right afterwards they dropped their facade of (((Catholicism))) for the faith of the chosen folk. Gotta love secret societies.

Didn't get any screenshots because the save was kinda fucked had messed up some provinces but it was still funny.

On another playthough, Serbs had inherited the ERE, Czechs had taken over the HRE and Croatians inherited Hungary, shit was like a slav supremacy.

>In a few generations the (((converts))) inherited the kingdom

*farts*

How can I disable this cancer?

Do you even read?

I looked through the options menu but I couldn't find the option. Does HIP remove this feature?

Post your predictions about DH 1.05 update

My guess is

Holy fuck HIP actually removes the option to disable that cancerous feature. Let's see if the Normal Retreat Mod works with HIP

update, a massive confederation of slavic tribes has been united in eastern europe under a jew

Holy fuck the CK2 music packs suck ass. They could have added cool Mongolian throat singing for when you play as a tribe but no, they added shitty electro music. Why would anyone pay for this shit?

It's all shit. Usually I just mute the music and do my tohosort while I play.

Soviet union in AD ~1000

Just mute that shit and stream actual music on youtube. That's usually what I do.
Bonus points if it's traditional folk music from the culture you're playing as, 6 hours of hava nagila when playing as a jew.

Light infantry seems extremely likely. Even the latest Kaiserreich added it. I'm more interested if they'll adapt the light infantry doctrine around light infantry so it's actually a viable option. I can't really think of anything besides that, though I did see an interesting suggestion of having planes able to have brigades of other types of planes (so a Tav division could have a CAS brigade) but I don't know how useful that would be. I also think, or expect, that naval bombers will be nerfed. They're much too strong right now.

What was even "light infantry" in WW2? What made it different?

Light Infantry is pretty dumb in KR. IIRC they were just flat out better for the most part, so you just delete all your infantry and rebuild Light Infantry. But the bigger problem is that they don't fulfill a different tactical role, so no matter how its balanced they'll either just be a better or worse version of infantry.

Probably no technical improvements even though the game really could use some. More events and decisions would be nice though, also some more polishing. For example when I declared war on Italy as Germany and won a few land battles against them, I immediately got the pop up that the Italian government collapsed and that Italy is now under Allied rule. But instead of the Allies, I got all of Italy, except for the colonies, after 2 minutes of war even though I wasn't even on max game speed. Shit like this really shouldn't happen.

Infanty division make up, sometimes light infantry had less heavy equipment, sometimes it had less soldiers overall
Good eg. would be early Italian inf div composition with was binary composition meaning only 2 regiments instead of usual 3, shortly after outbreak of ww2 they changed it trought becaues they realized that its retarded and cant go on par with allied divs for eg.
Other good example would be difference between german panzer-granadier and grenadier or just regular infantry division

Reminder that yet again all the mods will have to made to work on DH 1.05. And some no one will make them work.

Good maybe that will force lazy mod devs to update, maybe finally TRP will get a new release and KR devs will stop sucking HOI4 cock and focus on superior game in the series

Sadly I doubt that's possible. HoI4 KR has almost 200k subscribers on steam workshop. KR for DH probably doesn't break 10k downloads.

Honestly at this point Paradox should be paying the KR devs since it's the only reason to still be playing HoI4.

Are they even the same developer team?

My eyes fucking hurt

I'm not sure if it is a thing already, but ship conversion. Like converting a battleship to a light carrier.

Nope.

Im playing Vicky 2 as greece for the first time, i retook all my cores through crisis, only fought 1 war and defeated the turks with the help of the anglo.
The problem now is, russia sphered and allied the ottomans, i took the megali idea, but the balkans are still otoman and no tension except for the greek cores.
Should i risk going to war hoping that great britain and i (currently have an army of 30k, 10 military techs while the ottomans have 8) can defeat the turk and russian hordes to liberate the balkans (cant get constantinople unless the lands north of thrace are liberated from turk control), keep pushing tensions in cyprus and anatolia in the hope of getting more manpower for industry and military or build up a navy and hope i can blockade the bosphorus?

If you really want to, save first and if it doesn't work save scum but blockading Otto is always a good idea.

I know you shouldnt trust the perfidius albion, but so far they had actually landed troops on greece when i needed them to, besides, i tried dissolving the alliance and forming aliances with any other great powers, but noone at all wants to ally me (im a secondary power at the moment).
My industry is shit because pops and the only good thing i have going is my military.

smdh

fuck you, dumb nigger.

Aside from implementing Berber Paganism, I've been thinking about also porting Hellenism from the Ancient Religions mod (an actually complete version of the Hellenic faith, unlike the incomplete mess paradox implemented in ToG), along with MAYBE Egyptian Paganism, could use/modify it for that Isis waifu gal the dudes from HIP like so much; Though I'm not so sure about this one, I mean, does it even fit the time period? I know the Kushites (WEWUZ Pre-Christian Nubians) practiced used to practice a watered-down form of Kemetic beliefs, but nobody really knows shit. Was it a religion restricted to the nobility? Did Kemetism remained after the fall of the Kushites in the AD 300's? Nobody really knows until Christianism arrived in the 500's.

As for Hellenism, I know some Hellenic cults were still alive in the 800's (In the Southern Peloponnese I believe) and have remained as folk traditions don't remember where I read this, supposedly it's in the form of 'arch cults' or someshit, where people recite a prayer or leave an offering to some guy/saint while going through the main entrance of their homes. So this one's plausible; However, I'm not gonna implement those silly Promethean and Titan-worshiping cults (Hellenic Heresies) from the aforementioned mod.