How important is the look/style of how your gear looks in games?

How important is the look/style of how your gear looks in games?

Fashion is important to everyone
What matters is your tolerance for how shitty the gear can be before it makes the game frustrating enough for you to get better gear, which varies depending on the person and the game
I weep for minmaxing faggots that obsess over minute increases

I weep for people who dont value functionality over looks. I bet if you were a woman you'd put on makeup everytime you go out the door you gian queer. Maybe you do it anyway.

function>fashion

Makeup looks like garbage you enormous faggot

You have to represent, show them motherfuckas whats up. That means wearing the right colours. No respect for functionality weaklings.

In games, graphics aren't entirely as important as animation and modeling. It's possible to pull off the low-poly look with low res textures, as long as the animations, controls, and gameplay are good.

I couldn't care less unless it's functional
I like having a costume piece that is somewhat unique or that players normally wouldn't wear.
Currently I'm playing OSRS and I use the gas mask always unless something requires me to take it off Such as a clue scroll
I think it looks pretty neat to be honest

style is important

then

I always pick the helmets that cover the entire face and i like the gear that isn't too flared up, i always hate it when the high level/rank/whatever gear is just tacky as shit

I always like it when there are separate slots for vanity items, and other cosmetic items. That way I can have the best of both worlds, good armor, and good looks.

Sants Row and San Andreas are the only games I care about looks, since they're gang based. Gotta rep the colors.

dropped if I can't be a cute girl

Saints Row has the most multicultural gang ever represented. What did volition mean by this? All gangs are race related but the 3rd Street.

Did someone say Fashion Souls?

I'm generally a minmaxer, but once you've played the Souls games so much that the challenge is not an issue anymore, you tend to colour coordinate a little. Image not colour coordinated by me, but that's the kind of stuff I'd tend to do.

Perhaps it's due to the character creation so no matter what the shade of shitskin the player feels included. Although it's more likely because Violition is pozzed

Singleplayer, not so much. I'll use mods sometimes just for the aesthetic value.
In multiplayer, I welcome the opportunity to personalize my gear/vehicle/shit. I long for the days when all you had was a bitmap and you could edit it however you pleased

Are mmos even popular in Japan? And who the fuck talks like this?

Then what are they playing aside from Phantasy star online?

FFXIV faget. You mean you aren't?

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apoc had this problem. Some of the early gear was so shitty looking and horrible that i just sort of skipped over most of them even though they had decent stats until I couldn't ignore it anymore

WoW

SMT4 Apoc had this problem with the protag in general. 90% of the headgear is worthless because his incredibly retarded gay haircut ruins it. Only headpiece in the entire game that shows his hair and isn't awful is the ninja headband, because it looks more like it's poofed out than actually asymmetrical

Does SMTIVA not have the Demonica?

Grove Street is a bunch of niggers.

You can't get it until pretty much the final dungeon.

Does the game allow you to imitate to a high degree a movie character?

What's the sauce on op pic?

Once I got the military set I didn't change it until the Agent set was available at endgame.

His original jumpsuit is fucking retarded as well.

I like how Miitopia handles it. You equip something, it's purely for the stats. You get to choose the appearance of your outfit from every piece of equipment you have. You get the best stats without looking like a pile of clown vomit.

FF14 at least did that so there's a nice thing to have if you see armor you like the look of.

I've been playing a lot of MH lately, and wanted to stop using full sets in favor of mixed ones, but I can't quite yet hit that sweet spot between style and functionality. Also don't want to resort to looking up examples online.