Were you looking forward that one diablo clone in WH40K universe?

Were you looking forward that one diablo clone in WH40K universe?
Too bad, it's an Early Access scam!
store.steampowered.com/app/527430/
Fuck me if I'll ever have hope for anything anymore.
Post dubs.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh and it's
ONLINE ONLY
That's right boys, in order to play singleplayer game you need to log into servers and shit.
steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

I'll be honest - I know jackshit about WH40K. I like the aesthetic and I like diablo clones, so I was looking forward to it just because of that.
If it rapes lore or something it doesn't surprise me.

Fair enough, as long as they don't try to make it canon like they did with eternal crusade.

But the idea of a squad of marines and a dreadnaught focus firing a inquisitor and not obliterating him and half a mile of buildings behind him is funny to me.

Sounds like a reasonable deathwatch kill team to me.

i stopped caring about loreshit years ago. not worth the heartburn

I know spess marin are the most rip and tear of all, on average, but out of anything that might be able to go up against a whole squad solo, an inquisitor probably has the best chances. Not because he himself is all that great, but he's likely to be one of the only people that might have some kind of super secret OP archeotech.

If he's lucky.

And willing to go to Hell for an eternity outside the embrace of the God Emperor, like the radical heretic he is.

Yeah? How about a dark mechanicus explorator or a rogue trader? You're given a cart blanche to use and or mess with just about anyone and anything.

You must not like the tabletop game then, cause he'd stand a very solid chance against them with a good loadout. 4 space marines and a dreadnought isn't exactly the scariest thing around.

I would love to see a Rogue Trader 4X game, but as this game clearly demonstrates, every wish is a monkey's paw wish now.

I don't see the problem with this. Inquisitors have a lot better shit than space marines.

Are you kidding?

It looks promising. That's it.
Only red flags. At least they're honest about the latter.

As a 40kfag it warrants enough interest for me to keep an eye on it, but only just.

Sometimes you gotta make a thread even if you don't want to.

I will be playing diablo/diablo 2 and grim dawn for the rest of my life, I see

You'd think that all of these developers pulling audacious shit like online only would at least also have the audacity to make a game that actually pushes the genre forward, rather than it just being this shit that adds nothing on top of the Diablo/Titan Quest/Grim Dawn concept.

Fuck me if I'll ever have hope for anything anymore.

Diablo-clone gameplay is boring and outdated. It's a product of the limitations of the time period in which it was created, and it should have been left behind to die a long time ago.

I'm a gigantic fan of WH40k but I'll be damned if I ever put a cent into a 40k game until reviews are out

It's painful because the IP has good potential for telling all types of stories but it's all spent on shovelware.

A Warhammer game on steam that's unfinished garbage and a cashgrab? Who could have guessed?

I wish that GW would have some fucking respect for their own IP and start licensing it out to competent developers instead of just shotgun-blasting a bunch of shitty shovelware at us

Wait for them to roll microtransactions out.

Better that than only give it to AAA developers to churn out mediocre unoriginal games. Worse if it were excluive to ony one-two publishers. GW does good by giving it to developers of all levels.

Why there are no good WH40K games then?

A inquisitor with an incinerator and a thunder hammer theoretically can take on a squad of marines and a dready
Fuck the incinerator wounds marines on 3s and the marines are force to take a 4 up

What happened to the 40k game made by the frog studio? Did they fix it?

no

Are they still working on it or is it dead?

It released and was kinda shit

Yeah it was fun when demons suddenly spawned several tiles behind the bulk of my army.

What's the deal with the 40K license being handed out to complete nobody developers that only seem to manage shitting out a buggy mess of unfinished product?

Yeah but I know they've been trying to get it fixed since release and it did get better. Just wondering if they're still trying to improve or if they abandoned it.

they give gw money

And going to say this, why the actual fuck have they not made an Ork focused game where you play as a Mek who goes around lootin and konstruking bitz n bobbinz

it didn't look good anyway, I wouldn't have even pirated it

No. It's gonna be shit.

That's like punching 5 tanks until they break.

Tabletop can be silly and it's made to be balanced. Tabletop does NOT reflect lore.

MY BROTHER!
YOU ARE WORTHY OF OUR SPIRITUAL LIEGE!

new games don't make me happy or make me feel like i'm having fun anymore, i'm just gonna stick to the old games that make me do what they were designed to do: make me feel good.

If you want lore, how about Hector Rex taking down An'ggrath in single combat?

And so can the games. That's my point.

I'm convinced Blizzard actively bribes and sabotages other companies to make their shit look better by comparison.

At least its not a port of a fucking mobile game this time.

In lore everyone is the most badass and most terrifying ever because 40k also can't into nuance. Granted, Space Marines get their shafts stroked at every opportunity.

That said in the crunch, guardsmen are fucking great right now

It used to be the opposite, where GW only gave the IP to 'promising' studios.

I had a friend who thought this game would basically be vampire masquerade

Tabletop is limited by the D6 dice.

We know that the SM power armor and Sororitas power armor are not the same, nor are the bolters used by SM's and bolters used by the IG the same.

Size/caliber/thickness makes a big difference. But in tabletop they are. Because the mechanics are constrictive.

In lore, a singe SM can decimate dozens of guardsmen. In tabletop he can't.

A completely new game being designed from group up has no excuses.

First person meme needs to die already.

Apart from the fact it must be balanced to be a good game, and should take any concessions to be so. Being a good game is more important. A high ranked inquisitor with right gear could still mop up four marines and a dreadnought, though. They're fucking impressive.

I can only stand PoE being online only because it's f2p (or pay to trade I guess, just consider it a $10 game and you're golden). $50 for the same bullshit issues? Why would anyone pay that?

What? No, what the fuck?

What made the idiot think we'd get something that good in this day and age?

They're really good at coming up with good ideas and then grandly fucking them up.

I want Diablo 3's combat with better itemization.

You might want to check the lost and found for your point.