A few weeks ago there was a GOTY thread that I really liked...

A few weeks ago there was a GOTY thread that I really liked. Basically everyone was discussing their personal top five games of this year, I'd like to see if we can have the thread again. Mind you they don't need to be in order, but you can post it like that if you want too.

I feel that Nier Tomato and Yakuza 0 may be replaced by Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2, however these are my choices for now.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XtVgI
dualshockers.com/ys-viii-ps-delay/
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.H0.Xyakuza 0 ps4.TRS0&_nkw=yakuza 0 ps4&_sacat=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Persona 5
2. Sonic mania
3. Grimoire
4. EO5 when it comes out
5. botw

ys 8 wasn't a 2017 game was it?

I haven't played any games released during this year, but I did finish a lot of stuff from my backlog and discovered a lot of great PCE games. My top 5 is not about GOTY stuff, just game that I enjoyed.
Sorry

Most of the GOTYs I play half the time are a year or two after release. Reason is I wait for GOTY editions with all of the DLC included.

Garbage thread

Ys VIII was a 2016 game OP. Shame it never got a localization.

Same, only thing recent I've played that's GOTY worthy is Sanic Mania. Everything else has been old games or recent ports.

Vidya has fallen far when P5 is a legit contender for game of the year.

I think this is one of the first years in a while where there's an actual majority of good mainstream games coming out.
NieR Automata, Persona 5, Sonic Mania, and Mario Odyssey is looking to be really good, too.
Maybe the industry really is getting better. Maybe normalfags are finally waking up and smelling the coffee.

butterlord never ever!

We're just going to have to make good games ourselves. And you can forget about finding a publisher or crowd sourcing if you don't plan to sell out to poz.

Nier Automata
Yakuza 0
Persona 5
Nioh
Trails in the Sky 3rd

In no particular order.

I've had a shitton of fun this year thanks to these games and a few others.

I was hoping Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu EX+ would be added to the list but it's a shame their localizations are shit.

Damn shame the falcom fanbase is bending over for this instead of pulling what the Etrian Odyssey fans did and NISAdregs are gonna latch on to the series. Future falcom games are completely fucked.

It's not just the falcom fanbase, it's the people who'll jump off a cliff for dual audio.

I really hope NISA are just too lazy to take on the overwhelming text in Trails.

I know a dude at work who won't play games because they don't have english dubbing.

I tell him he's an idiot and make jokes about it, and he continues to be an idiot.

I aint even mad.

I don't mind if a game has Japanese audio (I love Yakuza, after all), as long as the localization is as accurate as possible.

But there are people who will literally eat shit if the localizers say they'll get dual audio. Even if what's being said in Japanese isn't reflected by the subtitles at all.

Didn't realize that was out already. Got a download link?

Oh, is it out? I kinda wanna play that and the English patch of that Konosuba game.

Falcom fanbase is mostly redditor normalfags if the sales of Ys Seven are anything to go by.

If previous Falcom threads here were anything to go by, you will find more people against the NISA localization than support it, and those that did support it sounded like fucking shills that told those who criticized them to fuck off and deal with it. I'd like to hope Ys VIII gets the Neptunia treatment and have Falcom translate it themselves, but considering how small Falcom is, it's not looking likely. Better to import VIII and look up the non-NISA story dialogue translated online somewhere

I caved and bought it on the PS4

forgive me Holla Forums.

You own a PS4? That's unforgivable

Well, besides the Denuvo. Management at Sega's still as cancerous as ever.

Saw a thread on cuckchan's Holla Forums's archives where anons were hyped over it with little mention of NISA's upcoming butchering of it. Thankfully our Holla Forums's still much better.

Oh jesus christ, forget what I typed.

You have to go back.

I don't support NISA and I'll be selling the copy to fucking gamestop to make sure they lose a sale

I don't post there. Just take glances at the fireden site whenever it feels like there's a raid in progress like this thread:

Not sure if there's still leftovers from Mark's Mania stream, SJWs getting pissy with the recent Cuphead and Pewdiepie shenanigans, or something else.

I'm looking forward to all the weebrage over the falcom shit myself.

C.U.N.T I mean this Tuesday
archive.is/XtVgI

It was a nice thread

this year has been astoundingly good for video games

Yeah? It never got a western localization.

These were the exact choices in the OP a few weeks ago with the exception of Ys replacing BotW. Have there really not been any good games?

The only games I've played that came out this year were Breath of the Wild and Trails in the Sky 3rd. Both were kind of disappointing, but still good.

Honestly I really dig Ex Machina, Lecarde Chronicles 2 and Monolith. I wouldn't exactly call them the best games of the year but I had the most amount of fun with em. At this point I'm waiting on Ys8(which is giving me more and more motivation to start learning moonrunes, but I get the feeling it's going to be celceta 2.0 and I fucking hate celceta), Robotron, They Are Billions and the remake of Link the Unleash Nexus. Ace combat and whatnot maybe, but I doubt this decade old PC can run it anyways.
Spire when?
Sakuna when?

dualshockers.com/ys-viii-ps-delay/
Sorry to ruin your day user

Also I suppose this is a good a place as any to ask, how's Grimoire? I've been getting into dungeon crawlers recently and it looks pretty decent.

Automato was something really special. I haven't played much else that's new, though.

It's good, but don't go into it expecting a game with 20 years of polish or indeed work like is claimed, the creator is a bullshit artist.

Falcom must be PISSED

check out wonderboy, gravity rush 2, nioh, yakuza 0, sonic mania. lots of good games this year.

I recommend against the wonderboy remake, mainly because the nice graphics and all might shy you away from playing Monster World which I think is the peak of the series.

I'm not sure if there's more to add

According to the same site

The reviewer doesn't mention any game-breaking bugs or memes, so I guess they didn't fuck up this one that badly, the PS4 version at least

There was a supposed review copy user in the xseed falcom thread and he was harping on about how bad the localization is. Honestly the one piece of proof that he kept going back to was "crevice" being changed to "big hole", which individually is kind of trivial but as a whole raises lots of red flags about what kind of quality we can expect from the monkeys who think Big Hole is an improvement to Crevice.

the dragon's trap is the peak, but good 2D visuals stand up on their own and MW is perfectly fine with its gorgeous art.

I think that shouldn't tell others what to play, people are not retarded around here.

Disagree. Dragon's Trap has much more interesting gameplay and level design.

That is absolute horseshit. I know it's a small example, but you know that item that had an accurately-translated name and description since the beginning of the series? Let's just turn it into a shitty pun lol xD

Not to mention it doesn't even look like a fucking nut. Sage for doubleposting.

That NISA translation cuts out almost all the details from the original Japanese text.
For example, it says: 山野に自生する
This means "grows naturally in hills and fields"
Also, it says ほのかに甘酸っぱく、風が良い.
Which translates to "has a good flavor, faintly sweet-and-sour". Basically, what I'm wondering is, if they cut this much detail out of such a minor line, are they also doing this throughout the game's important dialogue? If so, what a fucking hack job.

We need more people who actually enjoy what they make making video games.

Nier Automata is easily the best game in the past 20 years, let alone this year.
You can hipster all you want, but if you didn't enjoy it, chances are you don't enjoy games at all.

While Bleed 2 is probably a good game, I recommend pirating since the developer is a cunt.

1.NieR Automata I 100% the game and it was fun.

2.Persona 5 a good second I did not finish it but was so close. I was kinda scared since 120 mark filling inn.

3.BOTW is pretty fun experimentation gameplay

4. RE7 only because the night I sat up to finish this madness was one hell of a good time. Sure it's nothing but simple action and retard puzzles but I had fun with this game and a fun fact the dude that wrote for FEAR is the main writer for RE7.

5.Dragon Quest 11 it's typical good JRPG with a good use of Unreal Engine 4.

honorable mentions is Horizon Zero Dawn, its good but the game becomes somewhat the same old after awhile.

Valkyria Revolution is OK but nothing special I should probably take some more time into it.

Ni-Oh seems fun but the problem is there is no hock and too much loot.

Prey I did not complete it only because I played like a retard and I'm paying the price with not having any bullets.

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
It seemed like a fun game but they did one thing wrong in my eyes showing too much bikini and not having a fine middle like other Senran Games.

Not tried yet but own is Destiny 2 and Everybody Golf, I think I'm going to game Everybody Golf since it has nice a fuzzy feelings.

Stop

typing

this.
3/5 on your main list. By the sound of it, RE7 shouldn't even be on there according to your words. As for your honorable mentions, I can tell you have shit taste for mentioning Horizon, nuPrey, and Destiny 2. Valk Revolution shouldn't be mentioned, again, by your own words. Amazing how you said Horizon got old, but list BotW in your main list when they're extremely close in identity.
It's in the name of the game.

It's far from perfect. Enemy variety isn't very good, the pace is off, and it can be kinda grindy and slow sometimes. That said, I still like the game.

It's only the 5 games, dude. The rest is honorable mentions I should've worded them differently. And I've not played Destiny2 I only own the game. Also I think RE7 is a fun game.
So when it comes to Peach Beach Splash I thought it was going to be semi dynasty warriors game kinda like the first games but instead I got a TPS and when it comes to showing bikini it was too much for my taste. Their other games where more fun.
Also not liking Horizon can be for many different things like the hunting mechanics can become stale the quest and lore building is not any good when you know how the world ended in that fiction.

In any order, based on what I've discovered this year
The music is good, and I like the episodic thing it's got going on with each new game being a continuation of the story. It would have been nice if there were some more interesting parts to the first and second playthrough, because there's a massive, boring gap between the Amusement Park and fighting Adam.

I thought it was a shitty Minecraft clone, but it turns out it's actually got content. Mining is actually interesting, and the Corruption is a clever idea. I only just entered hardmode, and apparently the game picks up from here on out.

The combat is simple but the amount of interactions between things means that you can do some complex stuff. I killed an ice wizard guy by slaying a wolf that got between us with a fire greatsword, then punting the flaming meat it dropped at the wizard. The difficulty was great at the start but once you get supplies it becomes too easy.

It's been a slow year, and there are a lot of games I need to play more to form an opinion of.

Thank you for reminding me, it's been a while since I checked in on those devs.

… Shit, it's been over a year since the last progress report. A quick Google search shows that apparently they're posting to reddit more often, and they're, "pulling all the tech together," but not actually working on the game.

Disregard I didn't read clearly enough. I'm adding Stormblood here but really I started playing FF14 this year so to me the whole game counts.

As far as most played this year, including previous years' games, you can replace Sonic Mania with Titanfall 2.

r8 muh top 5 goty list

Ban yourself

Fellate a gun you stupid cunt.

Yakuza 0 is on sale on psn for around $40, is it worth it or should I wait until it drops lower?

get a physical copy.
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.H0.Xyakuza 0 ps4.TRS0&_nkw=yakuza 0 ps4&_sacat=0