What did everyone forget about this game already?

What did everyone forget about this game already?

Because its actually good and has been discussed half to death.

Its easier to complain about bad games.

Holla Forumseddit can't into blobbers

Holla Forums no longer plays CRPGs

Unless a good game also has waifushit then it can't sustain interest here very long anymore.

It's garbage even by codex cirklejerk standards.

And here are the goons again.

grimoire is a boring game
there's not much to say

Well, you sure showed me.

I simply found the game shit. Buggy shit at that. And none of you chucklefucks posted anything to convince me otherwise

Well, you sure showed me.

No one ever cared about your meme game, and you just wasted your life after it.

I'm waiting for the big rebalance patch.

I'm 98 hours in but I'm taking a break until he patches a bugged quest I can't complete. Kinda lame.

Dungeon crawler with no moe lolis? FUCK OFF SHLOMO!

Whats the bug?

This game looks interesting but I'm not spending $40 on it

Never really paid attention to it.

NPC can never be encountered again after the first encounter.

Completely immoral

Morality is upside down right now. Piracy is the lesser evil.

People here use the word "faggot" to LARP. Nobody here legitimately hates gays, it's just a ruse to scare normalfags away.

Just because jews do it doesn't mean I should

Whats immoral about hating faggots?

I legitimately hate faggots. Kill them all.

I can't even tell what's real and what's bait anymore.

While it's true that I don't hate homosexuals in the traditional sense, I do at least think they should all be institutionalized.

meme game that's actually garbage

That would be a lot of resources to spend, I know that the "10% of everyone" is a meme but even institutionalizing a fraction of that would require an enormous expansion of mental health accommodations for patients that don't necessarily pose any immediate threat.

A better solution would be to treat horomone imbalances in prenatal infant brains rather than attempt to cure them after birth which doesn't seem to be possible.

I guess that's true. My thinking is that it would create a lot of jobs, but then again the money required to pay those people would have to come from somewhere.

Would that alone be enough to cure them? From what I understand, things like childhood experiences or feelings of extreme feelings of insecurity during adolescence are more of a factor in causing homosexuality. Could be wrong though.

an even better solution is to stop normalizing gay people and gay culture. gays were fine when nobody knew they existed

Everyone having jobs won't be an option in the future thanks to automation, adding a ton of jobs in mental health would delay the problem and could help give governments more time to refactor their economies around the future of automation but ultimately it would just be delaying the inevitable. If we were to treat people for this bots would eventually do it better than us, just as they are with jobs that don't involve human interaction.

Only an authoritarian government could do that but the backlash might make it stronger, there's no good way to force people to believe something in the information age. Something like the Selection for Societal Sanity is the only way to control modern society. The Patriots were right after all.

What's that one quote? An in-group that gets its kicks by pretending to be stupid will be inevitably swarmed with actual retards? Something like that. This is a prime example. Go back to reddit and rope yourself on your way there. Fucking hell you even dislike jews. I shouldn't tell you go back to reddit I should tell you rope yourself here and now fucking cuckchan alt-lite scum.

Will I get the full experience out of Grimoire if I'm new to the genre? Are there other games that I should play first so I can fully enjoy this?

Grimoire is probably the 2nd most accessable wizardry-like game. If you play wizardry 8 to get used to the combat style, grimoire and the rest will come naturally. though wiz6 and 7 take a while to roll good characters.

Frogs are pretty cool.

>IMPLYING
M
L
I
G
====

Grimoire is mostly inspired by Wizardry 6 and 7.

Is this game actually good?

It looks garbage visually and derivative mechanically, so I can't really tell if there's anything unique and amazing about it to set it apart from its genre.
Should I just play Wizardry, Might&Magic, or Dungeon Master?

like all shit games, it was predictably forgotten about a week after launch.

If you want to get into dungeon crawlers, Might&Magic 3 is a great starter game.

It´s me or the chance to get a perk/lock/common key after a battle has been lowered?
Btw bard+sage makes the game a cakewalk

The NEVER EVER meme was the only reason people talked about it in the first place.

Waiting for the manual and V2

about 2-5 people here hyped it up
of course it's dead already

Kind of ironic to observe the gameplay as derivative and admit you have no experience with the genre, but to answer your questions: it's uniqueness comes mainly from the size of the world, the attention to detail and the variety of status conditions and resistances and how they relate to each other. It could also be that the attributes you roll in the beginning are more complicated than in Wizardry. However, they could also be exactly the same. We don't know because the dumbass dev refuses to even hint to anyone what attributes do until he has released the manual (which really should have been released with the game).

The game is a good first-person dungeon crawler and definitely worth it if you like the genre. Despite the fact that it looks like Adventure Quest, it really is one of the deepest cRPGs I have ever played. 81 hours into the game, it came to a point where I thought I was about the reach the final stage when, in reality, I had merely just finished the prologue. The game is huge and the amount of thought he put into the world is incredible.

It has been lowered and also bard+sage is about to get the shit nerfed out of it.

Double dubs confirms. As mentioned, everybody knew that the only reason why people were watching the game is because it was the Boyhood of gaming and because the autistic aussie creating it kept delaying it more and more and more. He was doing the gaming equivalent of edging, and trying to stave off the climax as long as he possibly could.

I should have mentioned, I've played almost every game in the genre, from the entire Wizardry series through the more modern varieties like Etrian Odyssey and SMT.
I've also played almost all of the real-time varieties from Dungeon Master and Might&Magic on up to Grimrock.
I'm sure I've missed a few here and there over the years, but for all intents and purposes I've done them all.
I was asking if there's anything significantly new about Grimoire that I can't get from other games, or if I should just replay one of my old favorites again and get the same/more enjoyment out of it.
So that's my bad.

Big is nice, but only if the game is also solid as fuck.
What are we talking about here? Highly detailed story telling? Or are we in DF/Nethack territory with a wealth of detailed mechanics with countless interactions between them? Can you give me an example of the kind of detail you're talking about?
Are we talking EO-level where they're absolutely crucial to take advantage of, FF-level where they work but you're better off not worrying about them, or somewhere in between?
Alright, I've got about a half-chub for it now.

Sounds promising, and I really don't care about a game's grafix as long as shit's fun. I'm not much of a piratefag, though, and for that honestly absurd price tag I'd like to hear a bit more about it.

Misinterpreted your post. Thought you were saying you've never tried those dungeon crawlers you mentioned.

Depends what you mean by solid. It's buggy as fuck and balance is a WIP. Magic system has great potential if he can make it less OP.

Attention to detail not so much in story-telling, but in world-building and lore. The large amount of hidden secrets and the little hints towards them. The seemingly irrelevant lore details the become solutions to puzzles down the line. For example: Hobknob is the spider demon and, early in the game, you use the bane of hobknob to summon him. Much later down the line, you need to use this bane of hobknob to convince the guard at the vampire queens castle that you are an ally. However, you would have no way of thinking that the ban of hobknob proves you are an ally of the spider king unless you remember this passing comment you heard from a vampire that the vampire queen is ally to all spiders because they share a desire to suck the living of their essence That kind of thing is littered throughout the game.

I'm also talking about attention to detail in the magic system and spells. You really need to pay attention to race, resistance, and condition effects at all times. There are even multiple types of "revive dead" spells for different situations.

I'm talking about NEGATIVE status conditions, like disease, paralysis, petrification, etc. and it does gradually become crucial to understand all of them and their differences. Though, early game you can ignore them but it eventually bites you in the ass.

If you're going to spend money, what for the new update and the manual to come out. I'm 100 hours in and can forsee myself playing this game off on and for years to come. There is a free demo, though, so you really don't have to gamble just to see if you like it.

It sounds pretty promising. I'll check out the demo and then probably wait like you said for a manual at the very least.
Poking around a bit, though, has led me to the conclusion that the developer is possibly the most aggressively autistic knob-end who's ever lived. Is this some kind of psy-ops smear campaign, or is he truly this much of a faggot?

WHAT?! HE SPENT A QUARTER OF A CENTURY ON THIS GAME AND THERE’S A BUG IN IT?! I DEMAND A REFUND!

Are you okay, user? Want a hug?

The guy he banned on Steam was a goon trying to stir shit, you can visit the discussions and see a healthy balance between people kissing his ass and people shitting on him. He is a 99th level shitposter.

codexfags need to go back to their shit hole.

Gotcha. I was having a hard time believing anybody could truly be that autistic. I've seen several other people complaining about him, too, and from the snippets they've posted it seems like the dev suffers from a combination of tourette's and tard-rage.
But if it's all out of context after long drawn-out sessions of getting trolled out of his undies, I can imagine how that could be used to smear him unfairly.

I think he personally describes it as "super aspergers" but keep in mind he is a live target for the entire SA goon collective because of his shitposting and right-wing views.

I respect a person who openly hold right-wing views, since the left has managed to somehow make it seem "shameful" to modern society.
It's hard to respect a person who can't be civil, however, and since I'm not a bleeding heart leftist I will not give people a free pass for claiming to have "super aspergers" or whatever other made-up "spectrum" disorder is currently the flavor of the week.

Fair enough. I've got no axe to grind against the guy myself, and if he's under a large concentrated attack, that would obviously take its toll and he'd start lashing out defensively.
I totally get that.
I'm somewhat surprised to hear that goons are still a thing, though. I thought they all kind of vanished form the internet after their spectacular failure in EVE.

I don't have the screencap, but a month ago it was circulating on this thread that one of the highest rated and upvoted negative steam reviews was written by a user who was also a member of the SA goon steam group.

WE

Anyone got any rope, I found a faggot.

I have no interest in the game, but I like Clive because he shitposts and upsets goons.