Fuckhuge games

Are there any other games that appear short and small at first buy are actually pretty damn big?
I don't mean single player mmos and the like where you have huge empty map and endless fetch quests, but a game actually having large amounts of content.
By content I mean stages/areas/whatever, i.e. you constantly have something to do and somewhere to go without being monotonous grinding and killing bears' asses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TQzaqILiI9o?t=487
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nier automata

Dying Light
I expected this to be over in 10 hours but I am only 20% through the story so far.

Actually yes, I played and 100%ed it twice. Took me around 100 hours. There ARE a few fetch quests in it however, thankfully not a lot.

Is it any good beyond size? I'm not huge fan of zombie shooters.

38% of it's length are fetch quests too.
Like the first game.

More like 10~15%.
It's not nearly as bad as Nier.

The game as an illusive depth, the map is not as big as it seems and the story recycles itself (not entirely) until you get to A2.
It's long, but not fuckhuge long.
There are longer games that do not recycle themselves.

Aquaria constantly surprised me with its size.

Its mirrors edge with zombies, and focuses on 3dimensional movement and exploitation of environmental traps and hazards.

At some point in the game you are literally chinese electric batman.

Alien Isolation, expected it to be a short game within reasonable game time, but then it drags too long and overstretches to the point where I stopped playing and said fuck you to Sega and Creative Assembly.

A little more I'd say, things like fighting Father Servo require some materials (some fetching to do) before kicking his ass, each time.

Skyrim

Well maybe I'll give it a shot sometime.

Did you miss the parts about empty maps and fetch quests?

Dragons Dogma. First you think it ends, but it goes on to a complete shit hitting the fan arc, then when you think its done again theres Damion and NG+.

Eh. Dull melee combat, firearms that throw the whole progression system out (not that that's really a bad thing in my books), and a stupid story fueled by characters picking up idiot balls and gaining or losing plot armor based on the whims of a writer who was making it up as he went along.

By the way, the interesting supernatural stuff the infection has to it? Never actually so much as touched on at all.

Mad Max is pretty goddamn huge. Becomes a collectathon if you want to max out your car(s), having to fetch parts to improve the various "kingdoms" around the map, with shit like moisture collectors and maggot farms. The game is pretty damn long. The game is basically Australian Apocalypse Batman, but only your car gets a grappling hook.

FIVE HUNDRED HOURS

Stop posting.

I have a question about hollow knight, did they add the dream memory version of dung defender as a 100% requirement? sitting at 98% with only the fool trial left and him.

>Not a video game
I liked the animoo version though. But as usual protag went for the worst girl.

You actually get a fangirl at some point and she refers to you as a male.
If you've used her being fat love interest as an argument, you might have had a base, and even then she quickly becomes fan of the other knight, so she's clearly displayed as a cunt.
But as it stands you're just shitting on a game you know nothing about.
Try playing shit before talking shit next time.

There is a dream version of dung defender? I only fought normal one and got 100%. I'd wager you're missing something else.

Update. Dung Defender now has a dream.
Reacts gallantly to defeat by becoming stronger.

And that affects your completed percentage so instead of going 102% or something you go down?
That's a shitty way to update the game tbh, I was mad when Binding Of Isaac pulled it.

I figured New Vegas would be short like Fallout 3, but the side quests had so many options that I could not pass that shit up.

I just found out i was sitting at 3000 essence withouth having spoken to moth lady, so now i'm only missing the coliseum.
To fight dung defender again go in the room with the switch, under the platform under the switch, and use desolate dive. If you kill him 5 times in a row you get an achivement.

epic user XD you're pretty much one of us now XDD

Okami.

Jesus fuck, Okami. It felt like it would never fucking end. Good fucking lord.

best bug girl coming through

Why does she attack you after a point in the game?

Near a Tomato isn't big.

best bug girl was already posted ITT

Welcome to the depths.

I remember when I played through the first Castlevania Lords of Shadow (never played the second), there were about three points where I thought the game was about to end before it actually did. I expected it to be about 10 hours long and it was more like 25-30.

>he couldn't handle 25 hours of being hunted by xenomorphs and androids

Stay casual

Someone hasnt played nier 1

I wouldnt call it a huge game but resident evil 4 does go on a lot longer than expected. Some might say its a bad thing but personally I didnt think the island section of the game was bad/worse

The village is 100% the best part of the game and it just starts going downhill from there.

Thankfully, the village is good enough that 'worse than the village' is still 'really fucking good.'

I think even your review of dying light over rates it.

The low level movement system is clunky and sucks ass, mirrors edge allowed you to do everything from the get, whereas in this you have to run more to be able to run moreā€¦. that is just artificial blocking to make the game take longer, it doesn't add game play. Gimmicky zombies, gimmicky items, gimmicky materials to collect to make "explosive" or "freezing" throwing stars. Explosive throwing stars do less damage and are more dangerous than a gun because of the insane sound they make and the chance they blow up and kill you. no fast travel, you know for when you have spent the last 12 hours looking for a second gun to give the guy and are now just a tad bit fucking sick of picking the same three cop cars in that stupid gas station. it isn't surprisingly large, unless at some future point we go to a different city or something. I basically quite when I got far enough into the story to go "oh this guy is a total fucking jack-off idiot." Which shockingly was past the opening cut scene where he can't figure out how to land somewhere safe, and gets the shit beaten out of him despite having a gun, which we find out when playing is incredibly overpowered and has no downsides.

Dying light isnt a FPS, why are you so fixated on guns. The game expects you to melee 99% of the game

Actually a very solid "metroidvania" aside from that one awkward romance character. Not even complaining about romance in general, it was just badly handled.

She gradually gets more and more crazy if you talk to her. Eventually she has the glowing orange eyes
The corruption claims her

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil.

This game has a fuckton of things to do in it. A few things you didn't even mention like that food stall minigame, darts, billiards, fishing and probably something else I forgot about.
Wonderful game with clear love and care put into it.

B-But she's still singing just before she attacks you.
W-Was she zombified into singing a song she can't remember for all eternity, were you to decide to ignore her? ;-;

Witcher 3 took me nearly 200 hours to 100%

hollow knight and cuphead will be games of the year
not because of hand drawn animation, but because both games are excellent

Will Cuphead have Denuvo?

Only played it once and it probably took half of that. Missed some quests too. Going to replay the series soon, do things differently.

It's going to be released on GOG so there will be a non-DRM version.

Nier was small and short.
Unless you're speaking of the intro, which gave me the feeling of a more weebofied Metal gear rising.

i made Ramen KING rank in my second attempt.

fucking hell that was a fun minigame.

THIS! Don't know why people wanted a sequel so badly until Okamiden when it felt like they crammed a trilogy in the first game alone.

So far no one has stated it will. We'll have to wait and see, but as stated, there's a non-DRM version already confirmed. I don't think they will. they'd just fuck their own steam sales if they did. It's indie after all

I'm not fucking buying physical DRM.

Halfway through it right now not counting the DLC the plot loses its thread and initial focus but I still like it. The game changes balance changes from you being afraid of more than 5 zombies at once to drop kicking zombies and snapping their necks.
If the game had a better melee combat system(parries, enemies that don't insta dodge, more detailed damage effects on the more heavy/beefier enemies) and tighter gunplay(leaning, weapon variety and customization, different types of ammo, armor and so on) it'd be perfect.
As it stands, its pretty fun. A marked improvement over Dead Island and essentially feels like what Far Cry 3 should've been minus the zombies.

Wasted dubs

nigga don't even own a cpu lmao physical drm

anyone have the human version of her an user drew a while back?

EDF has like 98 missions with a shit ton of weapons and so far loving the huge mech fights and nuclear-tier explosions

That's a good chunk of why I fell in love with that game. Just blew me away.

fuck, I stopped playing a few ingame days after the credits rolled the first time
thanks user

Fuck off faggot.

Yu-no.
pic related is only half of the game
You got to get all of the time stones to get to the other half.

Except it's like 5 or 6 recycled missions with beefed up bugs over and over again.

You point and click in media player too. I guess it's vidya huh.

And when I was playing twisted metal 4 earlier all I was doing was pressing buttons, Just like I do on a tv remote. Shit, I guess I was watching tv all along.

Lewd

You get what I'm saying.
Point'n'clicks don't require any skill, thought or effort to be "played", they are not video games.

No, I don't get what you're saying. Are you trying to tell me that puzzles don't require any skill or thought?

Allow me to explain the mechanics of Yu-no.
The game requires you to find these 8 items called time stones in order to get to the second half of the game, which is a visual novel. The time stones , when set, will allow you to return to the place and time in which you set it, acting as what is basically a save state which will let you carry over items. There's a part in the game where you find a rope, which is only usable once. If you were wise, you would set a time stone before you pick up the rope. because after you get the rope the first time while trying to pick something up out of a well it breaks. At the end of Mio's story, you're bring to escape from an underground dungeon, but your trapped. In order to get out, you need to set a time stone right at that moment, go back to the time stone before you got the rope, pick up the rope, and go back to the time stone you set on the other timeline. If you don't know what you're doing, you're going to be getting a lot of lethal injections throughout the game.
Also there are puzzles where you must translate a fake language that's bullshit.

No, not really. You just try everything against everything until something works.
It's called "moon logic" for this reason.

Nah, a lot of western point in clicks had a lot of bullshit.
Watch vid related and tell me if you would know that there was an bobby pin on the floor.
youtu.be/TQzaqILiI9o?t=487