Immersion

What are some really immersive games?
So immersive you forget everything around you.

Other urls found in this thread:

pandora.com/station/play/3351895222399846547
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Miasmata

for me it's Dishonored

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. goes without saying

Subnautica is dangerously immersive.

All TES games. Yeah, including Skyrim.

Did the devs actually add new stuff? I remember playing it a long time ago and uninstalling right away because it didn't have much to do, apart from exploring.

of course it is, you're in water.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and MGSV do it for me

They got to the point where you go under the surface and find the cure to your disease, thus saving the planet from the disease, but they've still got the final stage
part to go.

Order: 1886 - Best experienced through Sony's game-changer Playstation 4. It's really good, you should buy it.

GUNSHOT FADE TO BLACK

what game?

is that wurm?

stalker is pretty good, the world is pretty lively
how is dishonored though?

that is pretty much the point of the game,
and yes they're almost getting done with story stuff

Really?

i really don't like Fallout 4 as a game in general, and Bethesda as a company.

however, after coming back to the game and installing a bunch of mods - i actually had some nice immersion playing on survival. However i would never, ever advocate spending money it especially in light of Creation Club.

Somehow i get immersed in Dark Souls 3. In general the souls series is good for immersion - in particular the first one, but not sure that applies to most people.

MGSV is actually an incredibly fun game if you ignore the plot and just dick around with all the different weapons, vehicles and sneaking around while listening to the 80s soundtrack.

I don't see it. At all.

i'm of the same opinion, i can't get immersed in MGS5, even if i like the gameplay a lot, because i don't feel any sort of connection to the world. It feels like a computer simulation; you don't really seem to interact with anyone in a substantive way. Things are just there to be an obstacle in a mission

Mount & Blade
1257 AD mod
Noise-cancelling headphones
A whole honey-roasted chicken and a block of cheese to snack on
This pandora station: pandora.com/station/play/3351895222399846547

gothic 1 and 2, those games helped me through some dark times

Thief1/2
Morrowind
Arx Fatalis
ETS2
Unreal
VTMB

eh they feel more immersive than many games, but still not THAT immersive

Impressive. Very nice.

"Immersive" is a buzzword and is used as an excuse for people to promote games they personally like.

disgusting

This by far. Get Arx Liberatatis and the nexus mod, it's the best way to play it.

Criminally underrated.

You're retarded. It has a clear definition. The word you're thinking of is fun.

At least it's better than shitty stuff like 'comfy'

Hey, comfy is real, you faggot. What else would you call that feeling you get after coming back to your base from Stalking and running from emissions? When you realize there is no more imminent danger? When you hear a fellow stalker play the guitar in the back after some tense moments?
That's comfy as fuck. Same with cooking something on a campfire on Arx Fatalis.

Immersion in how it is used today basically just mean flow. Cum-guzzling retards People call Bethesda's titles immersive because its newer games don't break the flow besides crashing. They avoid things that would tax the average retards brain but added puzzles that are so insultingly easy that only a retard would feel accomplished by it. There are potions that only serve to trick people to think that the game is difficult. Regenerating health makes using potions feel like a cheat; but when you realize that there is no other reason to use potions, the game's combat losses the little that it had. The games also want to appeal to retards that want to kill everything but hate not being able to get quest items.

I get it. Checked.

You pretty much mentioned everything that has jackshit to do with immersion and threw around some poorly built strawmen (like "puzzles that are so insultingly easy that only a retard would feel accomplished by it" when it is a very well know fact no one liked Skyrim puzzles, specially on Holla Forums).
1/10, apply yourself.

Warband is not good at all by RPG standards, it's very limited and repetitive in its interactions and quests. I would not call it immersive with any amount of mods. It succeeds only with combat and armies.

Excellent taste and digits user, Ave Maria

When I try to think of a game with a well-done and engrossing atmosphere, VTMB usually comes to mind first. I completely lose track of time when I play.

Never change Chainmail user

The original FarCry kicks your ass with its level and art design and the gameplay that goes from Predator to Commando is top tiet shit.

I know what you mean, the atmosphere is convincing and well done, to the point that while you are playing you accept the feel of the game as the feel around you,even if you dont accept the character character in it as yourself, but even that because he is un-named and faceless save for the ones you give him, and how naturally the "RPG decisions with story consequences" fit so naturally into the gameplay and this might sound dumb but even the NPC who tell you to stay safe or to not go hollow at the end of a conversation really cement me into the world

You got me

no hud, horse only, lethal sidearm + rifle, no supressors

then play through the game again, intense as fuck

also ignore the terrible bossfights

game overall is very average, but the gameplay is 10/10

the dog and the unlimited supressed tranq guns ruin the balance

The visual presentation and audio direction are nothing short of engrossing. That and there's always just one more thing you can do that keeps you going. One more item to get, one more upgrade to make, one more thing to manage, etc.

degenerate please leave

ew

What? I said I didn't smoke it, didn't I?

neat
Wurm is complete trash though. It's a fucking idle game

They are there for a reason.
That is because how immersive a game is selectively applied. Turn based combat is immersion breaking but time stopping when you pick-locks is not.

Thief 1&2.

You spend so much time listening and avoiding enemies that you entirely forget you're playing a game.

You didn't do what I said though.

wurm its a dull and shitty boring game, you walk super slow and cant run, controls suck too.

just drop some things so you're not weighed down fatass

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

It's cause you haven't installed infinite heaven. Can add a significant amount of new enemies, new patrols, bunch of patrolling vehicles, and helicopters in free roam, special soldiers like women and the other unique dudes like the corporals, random skull attacks in free roam, armored or sniper, d-walkers, etc ,etc. Adds a lot of life to the game. Some dude even modded in Ocelot to the base game as playable now.

If you play it on the difficulty with no checkpoints and hidden suppression icons anyway.

how old are you lad

Dragon Quest Builders. comfiest game on the market since harvest moon.

dude weed lmao

just reinstalled it, atmosphere just works for me

I got the two latest games on a steam sale for cheap but after seeing the intro and playing for a bit I noticed I didn't really understand what was going on.

I can't play the previous games on console either so I'm wondering if there are any good Let's Plays of them by someone that knows the lore well.

I fucking hate the style of those meters. When did straight, normal meters become unfashionable?

Definitely. Even with all its flaws, it was amazingly enjoyable to play and to sneak around the world. Just running around Mother Base was fun too, even if it was mostly empty.

Battlefield 1. It really helps me to fully understand and experience the plight and the horrors that the millions upon millions of black soldiers faced during The Great War. Not many people realize this, but luckily I attended university in Sweden so I am now truly enlightened, but the majority of the war was fought and won on the backs of blacks and other brave immigrants. The white man then selfishly and deliberately whitewashed history by slowly putting in more and more white propaganda into the history books until we were eventually at the point where we are today where children are now taught that it was only the white men that fought and won that war. It's not right to attempt to change history in such a manner and to desecrate the memory of the brave black men and women that fought and died to ensure we have the freedom that we have today. Without their sacrifice Israel wouldn't even exist.

BF1, I can't even bring myself to play that game anymore.

They kept nerfing the best parts of the game: scrambling around in the mud, smashing people with shovels in a cloud of poison gas. Now the gas lasts .01 seconds and it's just another run and gun fucking mess.

That and looking down at my hands and seeing dirty gorilla paws holding my Mauser. WTF! I couldn't take it anymore. And nigger German cavalry… omg. What the fuck were those assholes thinking? They didn't put niggers on the Austrian or Italian team, just the Germans. ANd is there even a white guy on the British team? I can't tell.

One thing I do think is funny is how they seemed to make the majority of sniper classes black, considering I always consider snipers to be the niggers of the Battlefield. I use to play it too and I always wanted to run as sniper though so I could use the IRL service rifles, but I just couldn't stand the looks of the black german sniper, it made me sick.

I loved brosmouth and wurm , but that game is a soul sucking grind, like holy shit you could waste an entire life time in just that one game, guess that is what creates value to the building but it's fucking depressing how much time you can waste in it.

now now user, you don't wanna be TOO ironic

The Forest. I tried it a little less than a year ago and it was one hell of an experience. It's been in early access for a long fucking time though, so don't hold your breath.

tell me more

The Talos Principle

Not sure if questioning your existence and sapience is very comfy, but the setting sure is.

The audio logs that the girl leaves are really nice to listen to, she's a real sweetheart.

DUDE

Top tier OST also.

WEED

and btw, is dragon quest now doing minecraft, the fuck?

LMAO

…do I even want to know?

Fuck it, go ahead and tell me.

It's the other way around though.

its better than minecraft. its similar to dark cloud. you enter a destroyed town that you slowly turn into your base. townspeople enter little by little and ask for things. you venture out into the world to build them, or find other survivors that can add to the town and teach you to build more things.
eventually you start reinforcing walls, arming the population, and resist monster attacks. eventually you fight the boss and the town is now repaired and the towns people well armed and able to defend themselves you can move on to the next town that has its own people, problems, and solutions… and do the same with a different set of challenges.

its not randomly generated. there is no mining. there are clear objectives, levels, and bosses. there are also hidden objectives and beating the level in a limited amount of days to earn additional items in the "infinite" world.

pictures are examples of a town when you arrive, during development, and close to being finished.

there is an infinite mode where people get really autistic, but its pretty comfy tbh. little rpg people move into your town, you can assign them homes, they'll sleep there at night and use rooms during the day to make items for you, and use various things you provide for them. some of them keep guard, some cook, some build.

DUDE

Don't listen to these contrarian faggots, only nerds don't smoke weed.

RPGs are fucking garbage for fucking faggots. Its been like that since Dungeons and Dragons.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because there are no women in it.