Vindictus

Tell me why I shouldn't play this game because right now I'm pretty impressed with the combat and music.

On a scale of 1 to Korean, how soulless and grindy is it actually?

i stopped playing after the beta so i can't say much about the current state of the game but i have no doubt it's p2w as fuck. even during the beta there were pay to do dungeon run features.

I hope best Korea nukes worst Korea and Nexon is wiped off the face of the earth.

Corea

It is super grindy but i still played it for super fucking long. Sometimes I miss the filthy casuals.

It just gets grindy after a bit, kept playing it until I got into PSO2. Also it sucks how looking cute cost real world money. I spent a week filling out surveys to get so plaid lingerie might install it again to fuck around for a day.

I fucking loved playing my Fiona

Blocking shit, countering, HACKAN SLASHAN, tanking… Damn, it was fun. But I had lag issues and didn't have anyone I knew to play with, which is important to me.

when it first came out the grinding was hellacious, but they toned it down on the leveling part when i last played maybe a year ago.

I gave this game a try, combat was pretty fun but playing the SAME LEVEL a hundred times wasn't

you're never going to be korean with that attitude.

Is there really as little replay value as the maps as you say? I can't stand that shit, playing the same linear map over and over is fucking retarded design

I am feeling empty inside but also very sad and angry.

I'm convinced both koreas need to be leveled

This is such an incredibly stupid mentality and thread subject. If you are liking the game, keep liking it. You don't need a bunch of anons to tell you how to think about every single thing. Formulate your own opinion then make a thread discussing the game to compare/contrast with other opinions. We aren't here to mind control you.

yeah there's absolutely no changes from time to time, and there is an unhealthy amount of grind.

Combat's fun, armor looks neat, and there are cute grills. Obviously it gets grindy before long, seeing as how it's Korean F2P shit, but I'd say it's worth playing. Do not pay any actual money for anything.

People still play it? The other user is right about the stale areas, I got so tired of playing in that snow area, just going through the story.

The gameplay was really solid when I played it back when it was just released. Except that it's attached to a shitty grinding MMO, and a Nexon one at that.
You'll like it now, but you're gonna grow tired of it by lvl 30 probably. I don't know how fast people level up these days, but I had enough by that time.

Also this, you fucking bozo.

Because PSO2 exists.

Why does PSO2 look so fucking garbage? Island gooks not having good computers or taste?

PSO2 combat is pure garbage compared to vindictus, however it exceeds it in all other areas. If the OP is interested in vindictus purely for the combat then there's no reason to look at PSO2. It's a pity that vindictus is nearly dead at this point and being kept afloat purely by a pack of whales.

Whatever do you mean? For a 2012 game it looks great.

That's a funny joke. Can you even jump in vindictus? Meanwhile in pso2 not only you have fully-featured aerial combat, but you can even swap weapons mid-battle and with the newest class you can swap weapons mid-combos.
Can you swap weapons mid-battle in vindictus?
Oh wait, you can't swap weapons at all.

i get the feeling Vindictus is like Warframe.

when you look at gameplay it looks amazing, like a real monsterhunter-esque MMO, but when you get down to the nitty gritty the game is a grindfest p2w/p2ng (Not grind) and you NEED to grind or pay to be able to do high level content effectively.

Better than shitdictus that's for sure.

It doesn't come nowhere near monhun's level of combat.

I have a max level character in Vindictus and have put 7-800 hours into Warframe. The grind in Warframe never ends but the grind for relevant gear in Vindictus is nearly impossible. I play FFXIV now. I'm done suffering.

P.S. Arisha best girl.

no of course not, im saying thats their sales pitch, not their actual content. ie: LOOK AT THIS AMAZING SICK ASS RADICAL MONSTER COMBAT

at the end of the day all 3 games we're talking about here are pay2win/pay2notgrind garbage that are only fun WITH FRIENDS™.

but then again sitting in a dark room drinking booze is fun with friends too, so its a non-argument, the games are good concepts ruined by online bullshit and the freemium model that has destroyed the genre.

I have a level 95 Hurk. All my other characters are around 40 - 80.

Here's the changes that have been implemented.

All raids and missions up to the end game content (Berbhe) are doable solo so that you can progress through the story.
Upon reaching Berbhe you will find players to party up and complete raids as normal.

As I stated at level 90 you get armor +10 and weapon +10 from the game. God knows what made them do this but it is a blessing. With this gear you can even do the new end game boss Dullahan. Throughout your playing of the game you will be shit upon with rewards that include to mercenary potions, free revives, and AP pills so that you can level your skills accordingly.

It's not a Korean grind fest.

Oh I see.
Warframe doesn't even have interesting bosses or monster or anything. They all operate more or less the same and lack any sort of personality.
I'd say Warframe is easily the worst online grinder out there.

The game got worse over time, and seems to be intend on staying worse. Over time being both over the years through patches that change gameplay, as well as you progress through the game.
Before endgame, you get a fuckton of toys to play around with. You can pick up shit and throw it, and actually stun bosses for a brief moment by doing that which is useful if you're shit. Secondary weapons are fun to mess around with, and many bosses have a part that you can break off by hitting it with secondary weapons. Succeed in doing so, and you stun the boss. Aside from that, secondary weapons actually do good damage at low levels.
You can grab enemies, wrestle them to death or throw them against other enemies. The environment is full of traps, which your traps are also effected by.
When you break shit in the environment, tiny amounts of gold and healing ergs come out. The healing ergs are actually useful. They're weak, but if you're all outta potions and low on health, breaking shit can give you just that tiny bit more.
Want a challenge instead of just fucking around with toys? Go to the gauntlets. Each area has its own gauntlet, which contains a random set of bosses of that area, with random modifiers. You'll have to fight multiple bosses at once too. The great part about this is that this way you can very easily get that sweet boss loot.

All of the above is not there in the content released in the later years. Area's don't have any shit to mess around with. You can't grab any of the new enemies. Bosses have no break-offs. No gauntlets for any of the later area, and the hero-difficulty has not been added to them. (Nor will it ever be.)
This is on top of the casualisation of content: Early game areas have been made shorter and easier just so that new players can reach endgame faster, the health potion limit was increased from 16 to 400 meaning that you essentially have regenerating health. Overpowered classes were introduced; and to balance them, the weaker classes were just buffed to be on par.
All the newer bosses don't try to be different within the existing game play mechanics; instead every new boss has their own retarded gimmick that is often very poorly implemented. A lot of players save up their special abilities with long iframes just for when the gimmick fails to function properly; as it would otherwise one shot them. This happens more often than not.
Towards the end of season 1, pretty cool trash mob types started to pop up that actually varied game play a little; but season 2 and 3 has none of that.

It's not that bad at all. If you're careful with your money you can just play through every BQ once and then if you've saved up that retarded amount of gold you've gained from quests, you can just buy endgame gear, albeit without the RNG upgrades that make it actually good. If you want those (and you do), then you'll just have to keep an eye on events since they give out enhancement/enchant runes like fucking candy. Or fork out money goy.
This, of course, runs on the assumption that you're playing the game with people who are willing to play with you, even if you have top-tier gear. If you're joining the Holla Forums guilds, you can just run the raids with them. If you don't, you'll discover that every single pubshitter will kick everyone who doesn't at least have a certain amount of attack. This puts you in the situation where you can't join parties/raids because you don't have the attack requirements, but you can't get the attack requirements because you can't do parties/raids. Simply put: Joining a guild is mandatory.

That aside; as a lot of people mention, content is very same-y. Most of the trash mobs don't do anything interesting, so you'll spend most of the game running from trash mob to trash mob, mashing the attack button when you're close until they're dead. The only thing that will actually be able to kill you are bosses.

even if you don't have top-tier gear*

The combat feels fun at first but the game get extremely grindy and repetitive after awhile, to make matter worse I used to play on the bong servers but they merged both EU and US servers and I lost my fucking character in the process, thanks nexon.
At least the girls are cute, Vella is best girl.

were you a (((Filthy casuals)))?
Ave is a slut

but hwhy?

No it doesn't. Vindictus came out in 2010 and still looks better.

I should run the launcher again and update it proper. I really need to get that bikini outfit. If only the quest system wasn't a complete clusterfuck.

Are there any other big guy characters besides the nigger?

there is hurk, if that doesn't do it though you can always make the big guy white.

I guess so, I just like playing as bara guys and the time I played with him one time was fun, throwing the pilar arround and wrestling monsters.

Because youtube-dl is a piece of shit and the only option with sound was 56MB.

your a dumbass.

Nigger in not going to sit here with ffmpeg and try to reencode a throwaway webm. Unless you're telling me youtube-dl has some cryptic force signs option on it.

What quest system?
You just select the one you need from huge fucking list and good to go.

I think he means the matterboard. Progressing the story can be a clusterfuck for Episodes 1 and 2.

I'm playing through omnibus quests now and it's just cut-scene theater with occasional boss fight.
I wonder if they should just remove matterboard entirely when all of it is released, and just give titles and mb rewards for watching it.

Everything post 60 content isn't as good as 60 and prior. 70 stuff is mediocre, but i dropped the game at 80 when they started introducing way too many gimmicks and iframe ignoring attacks. Vindictus started very strong and truly difficult, and patch after patch has whittled away the challenges. Also Korean enchanting/enhancing systems will never embrace some semblance of horizontal progression. Koreans just need to only be in charge of combat, nothing else.

Hurk's a pretty big guy.

Rolling for this

He looks pretty thin to be a big guy.

And short.

why is cestus karok so best

fuck off with your shitty weeaboo shit and pansy magic, i prefer to out-boss the bosses, im the tanky invincible motherfucker and they are my bitches

Punch weapons are the best in general.

Is that the Tigrex move set? Like, it might be just the webm scaling but it looks like a rip.

But Vindictus is ok. Its a little silly to ask if you should play a free-to-play game when you can just do it and continue if you like it.

Especially with grappling moves.

i bet you don't put your ketchup in the fridge either, you fucking idiot.

Ffmpeg isn't hard to use you dongs. Just 2 pass and set bit slightly above the pixels depending on how high action it is. Like 500k for 480p.

Is there some kind of dummy kind for this. I really loved playing PSO with dial-up on Dreamcast.

GUIDE

Look up Arks-layer or something.

There's some pretty nice pantsu in it. If you play it only like twice a year, you get a coupon for week (or something like that) long free cosmetic items.
And it's a bit bizarre how the faces look so nice even today. I don't think other Source games have aged that well. I can't find my Vella webms

its literally a korean grindfest "M"MO

Because those two things are the only redeeming value the game has. Everything else is either broken is unimaginably shit. I played the game since the release of Evie (when there were only three characters in contrast to now when you have eleven classes) and I have played every single class (along with each weapon type) except for Sylas and Delia up to level 70.

Levelling is pretty easy but you're going to reach a ceiling at end-game. This is due to the fact that end-game in Vindictus has for a very long time required you have gear that you can only get from end-game and in many cases people won't let you in their boat if you aren't overgeared.

Well the main appeal of the game is fighting bosses, the mobs along the way are just filler due to how easy they are to kill. Oh yeah and there used to a way to have fun after finishing end-game which was to sit in channel 1 Rocheste while exchanging stories and banter as you wait for the next team PvP match. The devs did their best to kill it by implementing multiple PvP modes nobody asked for (Siege Match was fun but nobody ever went there after they started penalising players for winning too fast), killing some existing ones like Boss Brawl because not enough people went there, "fixing" the balance by tuning one of the overpowered classes down and then making two classes fucking immortal. And by immortal I don't mean "hard to kill", what I mean is that you have absolutely no way of actually killing them even if the match is 6v1. You can thank the Korean server for destroying PvP and then blocking any attempts to unfuck it because "well I didn't really like it anyway".

Oh and the most important thing they did to kill PvP
It already had severe balance issues before but the PvP revamp killed it for good. If you are just starting the game then you're not going to see the things they butchered but the game used to be a million times better.

I never understand how these fags think those nonsensical changes are going to do anything but harm the game. I really don't.

Ignore this, apparently my account was just on my alternate E-mail. For some reason I have 2 accounts.

You most likely made a second one to take advantage of events giving really valuable prizes.

OP, if you are going to play regardless of the fact that Nexon did everything in their power to turn the game to shit, I would recommend getting into a large guild as soon as possible to shitpost and to find people that will carry you through requirement boats.

I haven't played the game since 2015 but I remember season 3 just being really boring. The bosses weren't shitty sandbags like 2 but they had dumb gimmicks instead. The combat started out cool with limited healing and you could pick shit up and toss it but their lame attempts at "balance" and the god awful jewish rng equipment system sucked all the fun out of it. The waifus are fucking god tier though.

As for PSO2, I never really got into it. I hated how the classes only had a few weapons compared to the portable games where you had a shitton. Also episode 4 is just insultingly stupid.

I quit when they made unavoidable attacks something common. Havan and Bark both had something similar but both of those were still avoidable through SP moves timed at the right time (but easy to fuck up) and were properly telegraphed. With S3 you simply got enemies flash a new colour and then ignore your iframes with the attack itself. On top of that, I don't think anyone liked fighting that S2 mini-boss that forces you to either jump or stand still in the way it was designed (instead choosing to either simply tank or dodge at the right time), yet the first main boss you fight in S3 forces you to stand still and the move it does is unavoidable.

Are you a slut?

KAROK SMASH

this would be an awesome game, if it weren't for the economy that fucks you in the ass. long grinds for necessary items to increase your dps and outrageous prices for sexy gear. I must admit that i spent like $40 on lingerie for my girls and played this thing for a few hundred hours….

Is cestus Karok still powerful as fuck? When I still played I could outDPS even Hurks by keeping my crits up 24/7 and spamming 4th smash while still maintaining the buff by timing my weaving so that I wouldn't waste DPS time by pressing Shift. In fact, it was so effective that I still managed to outDPS my guild (party had some weaker players but still a couple of fairly skilled and well-geared ones) after being AFK for three/four bars on Juggernaut.

It just gets boring after a while.

Fuck off with that weightless generic mmo number game.

20k per hit isn't all that huge, it's a tool for measuring your damage output.
Also
Also applies to PSO2.
Nice doublepost tho.

try blood red dawn private server, nexon is shit