What went wrong

Will there ever be a good game made with the cryengine?

Short answer, no. Long answer, no, there won't be.

Engine costs way too fucking much to use and isn't easy to develop on. Compare that with UE4 which is

have any japanese devs used it? No? there's your answer.

Turks happened.

But turks are making the new Mount & Blade?

and how long has it been already

nice digits and misplaced optimism

There already was: NuPrey. I'm serious.

I'd tell you to pick only one, but that spoiler necessitates that you just off yourself instead

First Crysis was the only entertaining game CryTech ever made.

What did you dislike about NuPrey?
>Implying you even played it.

No. It's shit.
The only thing that it can do well is those "experience" type games like Gone Home and Star Citizen.

I think you're on to something buddy.

Crysis 1 happened

Cry Engine is shit.
The one and absolute only thing it does better than UE4 is that it has "real time lighting". This means shadows are rendered in real-time for every object static or not - without the need to bake the maps. Makes scenes with lots of foliage really quick to make.

Other than that it's dogshit and is already obsolete.

wut

UE4 has perfectly fine real time lights as well, just that most devs bake to get static GI and they're fags.

Isn't Crytek on the verge of bankruptcy now?

crysis 1 wasn't a success and was the end of PC AAA gaming you dumb fuck facebook frog poster.

Unreal has real-time lighting, too.

Crytek was able to buy/start 3 new studios with the money from Crysis, fuck you.

Retards like you who think every game needs to do cowwadooty numbers are cancer. Also stop trying to force facebook frog, it makes you look like the outlier you are.

Yeah, about that.

It had denuvo fam, it makes some pirates eternally butthurt. I pirated it too in due time, but I don't feel compelled to lie to feel better about myself.