Plot Twist

What are some games with plot twists that aren't obvious but make complete sense if you think about it?

I just beat MGS1 yesterday and holy shit, that was a wild ride.
The game fucks with you and it's smug about it, plus it doesn't just leave every question unanswered.
I just wish liquid would've fucking died in one of the first 3 times I blew him the fuck up.

There's also Tomato, but I haven't beaten it yet and I don't know much other than the humanity bait.

The only substantial plot twist in Near a Tomato is that 9S is the actual protagonist and the slutty robots are literally just scenery.

There's one big problem with the plot twists in the MGS main series, the more games you play in it the more you're gonna know exactly what the main twist is gonna be.

I always liked the twist in Dragon Quest 3 simply because the game doesn't really dwell on it. Nothing worse than somebody really hyping up some reveal, complete with dramatic music and voice acting, while I'm sitting here just wishing they'd get on with it.

I was really expecting some crazy twists in tomato involving the watchers or something but we got nothing really.

oh, you didn't get very far then.

This. After MGS1, I trusted no one.

I hear people saying that Persona 4 plot twist was obvious and predictable, I wouldn't agree, I would only say it's not the most well-written one, but making the player find out the plot twist by themselves gave it so much substance, I felt it was amazing.

This.

wrong

The only way the P4 twist doesn't seem obvious is if you forget about the opening, which is easy to do considering like 60 hours of the game is padding.

Yeah, and other than that single reference, it doesn't mention them in any way that would matter.

it confirmed the watchers were the machine network.

I saw that coming from miles away, i don't understand how people think this game was impressive at all storywise. Felt normal to me, in all honesty.
The first Nier story and feels captured me way more.

You'll have to supply more evidence than one random reference right at the end of the game. It's just a callback for people who played the original games.

that's a reference at the second quarter of the game. there's also the emil fight which shows he's been compromised by the network and his clones possessed by the watchers, the girl in the red dress. Don't know how you missed all of this.

Did you want to go into more detail about that? Also, if you're talking about the fight against all the Emil heads, they went crazy because they were degrading mentally from all the repeated cloning. You're speculating, Vaati. It's not a good look.

this sure didn't happen :^)

you fight eve in route A/B. That's really early on.

That's some mighty fast backpeddling there.

I don't think he even beat route B. Probably got bored from all the hacking.

You're actually Big Boss, but think you're not, cause you're crazy.

no really user, it's OK if you didn't get ending C,D, or E. I just want to know if you actually got that far. If not I'm going to strongly suggest you go back to playing it, put up with a bit of tedium in the hacking and get the full experience. What you did is sorta like stopping at the end of world 2 in super mario 3, thinking you beat the final boss or something.