Roguelike thread

Note: FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS THREAD, ROGUELIKE MEANS A TURN BASED, PERMADEATH, DUNGEON CRAWLER.
Actually, "Bands"(Angband based games) are welcome too.

Other notes:
I fucking finally found a Ancient Domains of Mystery torrent. There's one on katcr.co . One.
For everything else there's making a post on this thread.

Are there any full-featured roguelikes with mouse controls?

I'm going to go out a limb and say Dungeon Crawl. Its 90% mouse based during tile mode.

That's an outstanding name for a dungeon crawler. Thanks man, I'll give it a go.

Well, the full name is Dungeon Crawl:Stone Soup, more specifically.
You'll probably have exited the thread by now but if you get confused you'll probably come back and find this, I guess?

Inb4

I wish more 7DRLs got updated. For instance, don't think ThiefRL has ever been updated.

Brogue can be played entirely from an oozing out of chair position with your hand on nothing but a mouse. It looks pretty sharp too but it's not the deepest of roguelikes, I guess.

Jesus Christ that guy should have killed himself years ago

Because it is description of Rouge and not Rougelike genre. Any genre evolves and games in it changes original formula.
Berlin interpretation is taking Diablo and saying aRPGs should have a skill tree and different playable characters.
Only reason people even mention it is because it is shitty attempt to fix genre after it got used as marketing stunt and added to nearly every single indie game.

I am also surprised that guy haven't went on rampage yet or just blackmailed the girl over dual relationship.
She and he must know that after she will lose user there are only fuck buddies for her left, especially after rumors will start about her. And rampage is always fun way to end your life.

So Diablo 1 isnt a RL despite being designed as a graphical roguelike?

Crypt of the Necrodancer is considered a RL despite being action oriented.

In fact any action RL counts because they are designed to have 24; 30, or 60 turns per second

I don't care about the berlin interpretation. Some fag always comes to derail threads because Binding of Isaac isn't a rougelike. That was the point of my post.

Oh well yeah there is always this one guy.

You are so clever user, I'm proud of you
Kys

That doesn't stop it from being turnbased.

Taking fundamental elements doesn't make it a roguelike tho. You need to have indefinite time to act, not that 60 turns per second bs.

Had my first win in The Ground Gives Way. was quite fun. thank god for the bed roll which saved my ass on my return trip to surface.

They're the worse sort of snowflake faggots, trying to pass their gay shit on a technicality.

Any possible way for someone to fix dungeon crawl?
It'd be easy enough just
>Fucking place dungeon ogres in levels 5+ instead of 2+

why did they remove mountain dwarves?
nagas are still in the game right? that was always my favorite class.

Yeah they are, but think about it, tomorrow they might not be

Just play older versions

Which one is the best version anyways?

Can anyone upload Cogmind Beta 2.1 please? I can only find a dodgy Ruskie dl of 2.0.

stone_soup-tiles-0.16 is what I downloaded years ago after looking into that so I imagine that's the one

Lots of roguelikes feature mouse controls but not always very comfortable (the UI is designed for keyboard controls)
some comercial roguelikes may have better mouse controls but they're usually shit.

ogres are actually really squishy and easily avoidable.
First things you can do is simply not fight them.
If your character has any tank you might be able to melee them before they kill you (it literally hit or miss since they hit hard but miss alot)
You can also use blowguns with poison needles.
You can also hit them once and run (works best with venom weapon and daggers) since they have slow attacks.

Ogres are really not a problem, now 3 consecutive levels of killer bees, that shit really grinds my gears

Try to ignore it, they're illiterate.

Oh yeah did I say that amongst other things 2.1 will be removing curare needles and some throwing brands like returning? COME ON ITS 2017 WE DON'T NEED ALL THOSE BRANDS ANYMORE
By the way 1d4chan recommends version 1.1 instead of 1.6, which is strange but probably warranted.

That shit couldn't be real if I didn't know anthony burch and the likes exist.
Why does she even does literal beta cuck like him?

i have to agree they are removing every fun item from the game :/
it wouldn't be so bad if they were removing stuff and adding new things cuz thats a good thing, it keeps the game fresh. but no they're just straight up removing content now.

le secret club xDDDDDD

Were you looking for >>>/leddit/ ?

Are you gonna make me leave?