I do NOT know what happened to Rimworld thread but I wanted to make one cause I have some questions...

I do NOT know what happened to Rimworld thread but I wanted to make one cause I have some questions. Pic related is my base. I just had my first ever mechanoid, it was just one scyther. So am I near end game? Is 2 seasons really near the end game time? Or does it gone infinitively forever? My MMG (Medim machine gun) from the security pack doesnt work? I tried making ammo for it but dont see its required ammo. I man a person and all they do is track targets. What am I doing wrong? Someone can post the mods and guides right below. Rate my base too.

Other urls found in this thread:

rimworldgame.com/
kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-17b-v0-17-1557-tt17860377.html
mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Weapons
github.com/semigimp/RJW
ludeon.com/blog/studio/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29691.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You never have to end a game of Rimworld. The game only "ends" when you fly all of your colonists off in a spaceship. Your base looks, ok, with the following suggestions:
Once you fill up a battery, uninstall it. It will retain its charge, and you don't have to worry about having a massive explosion when you inevitably get a zzap. You also are going to want to be mindful of bugs in your base. Keeping large areas unlit and unheated away from your main base with maybe some chairs scattered around will create areas where bugs can spawn that aren't your dining room. I don't think you need that many coolers for such a small freezer unless it gets really hot in summer, and even then since it looks like your base is under a mountain, as long as you have double-layered walls and an airlock around your freezer, you could probably get by with one, two coolers tops. Just in general, double-walls+airlock leading to the outside for your bases' walls will make it so you can save on energy for heating.

Overall though, bretty gud/10

One mechanoid is not endgame, wait to be raped by an army of them with centipedes or triple digit raider parties. Game goes on indefinitely until every colonist dies (game over) or you build the ship and evacuate the planet (voluntary win-state). End game is more measured by the power of your base and how OP it is and your progress into the tech tree, from the way I've seen other people discuss it. The threats are dependent on the wealth value of your colony and storyteller RNG anyway. Base looks boring, get the furnace mod and create a death camp.

Shitty OP aside, can we have recommendations on more obscure fun or useful mods?

How do I appease him?

Low energy colonist. Why is his body a baby?

Because he's a baby. The question you should be asking is, "Why is there a disembodied head hovering above him?"

I have the minimum age set to like 14 or something

That was my version of asking that. Is it a mod conflict or some fuckery?

I hope it's a mod conflict, because otherwise I'm pretty sure Satan is trying to groom the child into becoming one of his disciples. Probably to harness the boy's natural insatiable lust.

Why is it when you form a caravan you can like hand pick all of their gear and split it evenly so not one person's bulk is far to heavy???

Rimjobworld does strange things with other mods. It gives everything a sex need, which means in my forts the bastard who makes the roombas programs them with a sex drive and no way to fulfill it.

R8 muh base!

That’s when all your colonists die. The ride never ends otherwise. What’s that? You’re building a spaceship? PUSSY.

that clothing looks pretty neato, whats the mod? also i recommend spacing your batteries out some more, its going to be a bitch to repair them when they explode

Op from the old thread and because I was too busy to make the new thread.

rimworldgame.com/
kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-17b-v0-17-1557-tt17860377.html
mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Weapons
github.com/semigimp/RJW

All of it seems so simple yet some efficient. At least from me a newish player, I can see that your clearly a level beyond me. I dont like how your rooms are layed out, you have no tool benches. But you really got lucky? on a such a open roof for your cave. I just feel like your design it too simple, makes your base feel bland.

it just died jim
if anyone wants to provide link for download

anyway pic related is my first caravan try, haven't to make for it to get a deal,
however its going to be a fucking close call

What's with the growing zones?
You've got a patch of fertile soil right there in the lower right, just left of the marsh, but you're not using it. Meanwhile you've got Devilstrand on normal soil, and cotton on marshy soil, which has fertility as low as gravel.
Also, I will point out as I have in previous threads that there is a much better way of laying out those hydroponics. You can fit 24 bays under a single sunlamp if you do it right.

still new to farming, only ever use it to get items the hydros cant pump out but i prefer to keep everything inside the forts walls to sate my autism

user you misunderstand, your base should be as simplicitic and efficient as possible, the beauty your colony creates is not in the colony itself, BUT IN THE BLOOD YOU MERCILESSLY SHED FROM THOSE WHO DARE CHALLENGE YOU, BLOOD IS MY PAINT AND THE BATTLEFIELD IS MY CANVAS

We gotta DF player here.

Are you just supposed to rush research as early as possible? Seems like actually getting your colony up and running takes enough man-hours that grinding out useful techs isn't really practical until you have at least 5 colonists.

i wouldnt start researching until the colony is well fortified and has a constant supply of food, rushing out turrets and hydros first is a must imo

2 C A T S
C
A
T
S

first pic is one of those never ending toxic fallouts during winder of all times

second pic is caravan in dire straits, fought some wild beavers and with limited food

So basically

And then plop someone down in front of that research table?

I've been getting army raids each time now and waterfalls of manhunter packs, is the game telling me to go the ship objective or start a new colony with like half my colonist?

when "oh shit we are going to starve/get murdered" isnt something thats constantly on your mind, you plop a nerd on the research table

jesus user, why is the food production area so far from the colony, i think you spread out way too much

1 nice courtyard
2 freezers should have dubble walls and "airlock" doors with one space in the middle to make a "room"
3 stockpiles and growing zones are inefficient.
a)stockpile with the beacon should be round but with the energy drain of a fucking beacon its negligible just something i like doing
b) grow lights expel light in a radius so make a fucking round growing zone
4 wood with batteries, have fun with the BZZZT's

ei macaco,
just noticed that OP fucked up by not making a title

Some guns for some reason dont fire at all when equiped? Like the FN FAL rifle I bought doesnt shoot and neither did a ak rifle I had wont shoot. Along with the MMG from the security pack mod. Is it me or some guns just wont shoot. I have ammo disabled.

If your caravan doesn't have much food you can settle and harvest all of the raspberry bushes to get a bunch more food. You don't need to settle if you get attacked though because you have plenty of time after the attack to sort your shit out and then pick berries.

The only immediately useful tech is turrets. After you've rushed that you can get your base mostly set up and then throw a guy into the research internment camp.

Play on tundra faggots. That's how this game is played.

Then you can't make a comfy spaghetti western walled city enclosed in a heavy turret perimeter

Yeah you can, your western just takes place in Alaska.

t-t-thanks randy.

Random fire just happened out of no where, not from lightning strikes but I think it was from one of the visitors. What the hell? And I just got a infestation.

Alright I figured it out, sometimes caravans get stuck inside my base even though there are openings with no obstetricals and they go out of food and die. Which explains why I havnt had a cravan in a while but normally only 1 guy would stay behind and die. I got a entire full caravan and they also got a pyro. Lucky they managed to beat to death the infestation for me.

Why cant you forbid animals going through a certain door? They fucking keep eating my ingrown plants!

set a zone that excludes that area and assign the animals to it.

Has anyone made a fork of HardcoreSK with the retarded game-breaking shit removed from it

The cheeki breeki devs are uncooperative and call you a noob if you ask for an option to turn off shit like abominations and insta-kill darkness

I'm using quarry and robot mods. Am I just cheating at this point?

It seems like a bunch of guns refuse to work? Any Idea why? So far its been from the enhanced vanilla pack or the rimsenal mods.

Do people not use any of the fuse mods? They're fairly well balanced in my view, since you need to build enough fuses to handle whatever amount of charge you're maintaining. For example if I have 20 batteries, I generally run about 30 fuses - 1:1 would suffice but it's always good to have backups.
The whole "batteries randomly cause lamps to explode with the force of a tactical nuke" mechanic always seemed like the most absurd form of retarded to me.

is that the sole purpose of the fuse mod?
instead I do switches, have enough batteries only for a couple of days without power,
when they get fully charged out switch them out of the network, of course this is only for setups when you have surplus power all the time
since the power blast depends on how many batteries are put together, you can micro them into smaller groups
plus making a power circuit room looks cool too,

thoughts?

no hydroponics/10

got no answer for that
you can blueprint for new bed, either way its good to barracks
are you new?
its called a fridge user rimfridge mod
its called a manager table user also a mod
back to pol
its called refrigeration forgot the name, but look for duct work
you're square, seriously look at your base

gives a wider look overall,
main building just wen renovation and expansion,
the generator was inside previously for heat, but now we hooked up the thermal power
the barn did also slightly change, and I'm gonna move animal shelter away and keep it for crop storage instead

Welp I just learned a leason, they teared down through 1 layer of granite wall that I though they wouldnt be able too. Fug, I didnt even notice happening before on gunner managed to kill the guy that snuck up on them, I lost a damn m240b in the process and a few solar pannels. I just though it was going to be a easy raid and get a new colonits to then be sold into slave trade, now I am despertly need to fix my base and pray for a slave trader ASAP.

I like your dormitories, I like your storage/production facility, and I like your dining room/lounge. You got super lucky by finding a hole in the mountain where you built your power, didn't you?

can someone post a link to the rimjobworld mod and anything else I need to get that running?

Burn the coal, pay the toll. You're mentally ill and are being called out for it. Fact is the most invasive meme of all.

Can someone show me how to properly manage your batteries?

As far as I know the zzzt events are completely random and constant surplus power is not possible until you get geothermal and reactors, so what I do is put power lines inside stone walls, have redundant paths and don't use large amounts of batteries at once, instead I fill up batteries and uninstall them, then whenever there is an emergency I install the stored batteries. I don't use switches because then the zzzt just makes your batteries explode when they're isolated from the grid, still I always keep a firefoam popper next to my batteries just in case.

get on my fucking level

0/10 would not bang.

Jealousy doesn't suit you, especially since you haven't posted your wood shack yet

S-shut up, i-it's not like I like your shitty base or anything.

My concern is that it’s too haphazard. There’s non order to the layout. And also I can’t tell if your coolers have no ceiling over their “vents”, because if they don’t you’re going to get a fuck-ton of heat bleeding into the surrounding rooms and wasting power.

I’m still not sure how the game calculates how heat behaves, but I’m impressed THAT it does so. Did you know that animals (and assumedly people) give off body heat? If you throw them all in a barn at night, you can watch the temperature rise visibly. I kind of want to stress test the game by creating an animal-powered furnace now.

Silly question, but can you erase factions completely, even for raiding, if you destoy all their bases in the map?

While I agree with all your points I have to call you out in one point.

Are you an heretic or something?

If you're making churches for eldritch gods, might as well play with that lovecraft mod and have ACTUAL eldritch gods bestow blessings (i.e. curses) upon you.

I actually do

Also place my wedding spot there.

all those air cons open into chimney's into the open, thus blasting out killer amounts of heat reaching 150c while cooling the room to 10c and below

In my next base gonna build a gas chamber made from A/Cs blasting the hot air into the room I drop raiders into, does metal tiles heat up the room too? haven't tested that yet

all those air cons open into chimney's into the open, thus blasting out killer amounts of heat reaching 150c while cooling the room to 10c and below

In my next base gonna build a gas chamber made from A/Cs blasting the hot air into the room I drop raiders into, does metal tiles heat up the room too? haven't tested that yet

this doesn't happen btw, never had disconnected batteries explode

fail as I can tell mate
some of it looks cool but the rest is retarded
the only thing you won is the autismo award

why would they, does metal magically creates heat?

serious question though, the redist heat has industrial size coolers and heaters and vents to distribute temperature across your
its pretty cool but I often doubt if its any better than having the appropriate appliances

It happened to me several times. I had 6 batteries isolated via switch and they just kept exploding, and yes, they were roofed and the room wasn't hot, also I got a zzzt notification when they exploded. My guess is that batteries cause random explosions on any power lines they're connected too. Now that I think about it, I had two rows of batteries connected to each other via a single block of cable with the switch in front, maybe if I have just the switch without any cable it wouldn't explode, gonna try that later.

might be worth, let us know
and btw, I don't think its really needed to have too many surplus batteries
you can calculate how much power you need in a day, check the average total consumption rate you have in a day
that would means 1000 watts of day is worth, thus one battery would suffice for a single day

How do I get over this? I've been thinking about trying challenge scenarios but I'm worried it won't fix the issue, just give me another thing to plan out before I really even start playing. Are there any design challenges that anons have tried to remove the desire to min-max space?

Just like play gaem

that meat was what wasn't transfered from the outside slaughter pen before the heatwave + toxic hit you cuck
all that refrigerated meat is fine and enough to last for a few seasons

you know I mean does metal tiles create a hotter atmosphere over stone or another type because it conducts it so well
probably not but would be great for making raider ovens

Wait, can you make a heat chamber to cook raiders as they invade? I imagine you can lure them with furniture, raiders fucking hate furniture, but how would you close the door behind them? I can't think of a way a switch would be able to close a door.

Mod it in

if you can build it you can make it work

just stop playing in pussy biomes and the invaders will get cooked or frozen automatically.

There’s a Furnace mod (heats a room to 3000ºC). It incaps pawns so quickly that your room wouldn’t need to be very large at all for it to work as a trap. You’ll have to make the furniture out of stone, though.

Transcendent comfy.

Happened to me which is why I asked.

So clearly the OP that some user posted needs to be updated cause I see refrigerators and prayer stations etc shit that I want in my game but I wasn't aware of the mods. Holy crap. Why does this game need so many good damn mods, it's not like these mods are bad either, it's just content that should be in the game to begin with? Who the hell is making this game? Why are they so lazy? Modders might as well buy the rights to the game and then we can actually have a full game that doesn't need a list of 49 mod to start up. Like really a prayer station is something that should be in game defult, a managers tabe, poker deck table, or a table here you can dictate what people use? Why isn't there a 1x2 table instead of 2x2? Etc oh my god who ever is the dev is lazy as fuck. And then the harder shit to add in like fractions and what they do and how they act around the world, like really? I don't want some random robots roaming around like what is even the lore behind them? Why can't I completely kill of tribes? I wish this game did fractions so much better and world building in terms of how you can take action in it. Piss off a colony? They put a bounty on yours. Mad Max raiders roaming around etc. There is so much that can be added but won't because the dev is shit!

1. afaik there is actually only one guy company developing the game, dunno if he hired people to help
2. don't talk shit about how lazy people re to develop until you try to develop something yourself
3. it IS early access after all, for better of for worse it means game is incomplete
4. essentially not every mod is *good* or goes with what is designed for the game
essentially they are just autismo people who have a idea on how to improve gameplay for themselves

ludeon.com/blog/studio/
There's more than just Tynan. But as far as I understand, most people work on contract basis, but are not actually employed at Ludeon.

Do you have autism?

Have you read the posts he's made? His posting style is complete cancer.

You dont have the right to call me autism.

Bump so we don't lose another rimworld.

So, any good mod that came out lately I Should be aware of?

2. "How dare you judge this steak! You don't have a right to do that when you're not a chef"
That's how retarded you are.
3. "I-I-i-it's early access! You don't have a right to judge it!"
Kill yourself.

This game.

yeah, exactly… what are you? one of those yelp reviewers?
like talking shit you have no idea what about…
like reviewing a game you haven't even played it…. nobody cares

The sole purpose of the fuse mod is that, whenever there's a random power surge event, it calculates the amount of power versus the amount of fuse-buffer you have in your network, and then it burns out as many fuses as necessary to cover it. If you don't have enough fuses, you get a reduced blast that's the difference between surge and buffer amount.
There are advanced higher tech fuses that only require to be re-flipped once they trigger, but the basic ones need to be repaired with components I believe.

I typically rely almost entirely on battery power, since I almost never find geothermal vents in places where I'd want to build a generator. Instead I just do enormous solar and wind farms coupled with wood and biofuel generators, and charge up enormous battery banks stored within the deepest mountain on the map. I typically aim to keep enough battery power to run my entire base for three days without charging, to account for eclipses or raiders orbit-dropping in the center of my solar farm or mortaring the shit out of it before I can run a flank over to wipe out their entrenchments.

I'm very, very bad at fighting in Rimworld, so I turtle hard and then build contingencies for all of the times when my shit will get smashed to bits.
Lately I've been using that heat management mod with the hot/cold air pipes to put my power generators inside the mountain, too. Eventually, my people will only have to leave the mountain for wood - at least until I can figure out a way to grow sizeable tree farms indoors.

Since the last update or maybe the one before it, I've had to even ring my mountain base with concentric rings of poison-gas-landmine-filled airlocked hallways, because enemies will just tunnel around my shit otherwise.
They make it so fucking hard to build a totally impenetrable fortress in rimworld, and as much as I hate that I also love that.

How do you effectively police your people?

"Hammerdwarf" option to arrest and flog your colonists for being idiots where? I see options to ban colonists from certain substances, but they break the ban and binge on it anyway without consequence.
When I try to manually "arrest" a colonist, I get a warning saying that it will make them hostile. Can you arrest and punish colonists without ultimately having to kill them, or is that not in the game yet?

Only semi-related, but the Mass Graves mod is fucking dope.

Arresting them won't kill them (at least not usually, does arresting still have a chance for instakill damage?) it just downs them so they can be rescued and healed. I consider stab wounds from my melee police force and the recovery period in the hospital to be punishment enough. If a colonist is particularity troublesome and breaks down often (usually because they have some addiction my colony production can't satisfy) then they receive an exile or execution, depending on their crimes. Used to euthanize them after my gestapo put them in the hospital but I recently got the furnace mod so we will see if that works better.

Yeah, if they have a melee weapon that can do enough damage to a body part that is crucial.

Yesterday I forgot to test the battery switch thing because I spent all my free time messing with the furnace mod user mentioned and with a power logic mod to make doors close remotely.

Doesn't the amount of batteries you have connected increase the power of the explosion in zzzt events?

Yes the explosion is directly proportional to the "Stored" number, which is what the fuses are for. As long as the total combined fuse buffer value is greater than the total combined Stored power value, any "zzzt" event will be prevented and instead will just trip all of your fuses - which will then either need to be re-flipped or repaired, but nothing will explode.

So if I have 12k watts stored I need X > amount stored. iirc each fuse can stop 3k watts discharge so I need at least 5 fuses, but where do I put them? anywhere on my power line or all right before my power connects to my batteries? Should I have my power connect to my batteries 1st then from my batteries it goes to my applications?

Anywhere connected to the same grid that your batteries are connected to. Think of them like a shunt - if an overload is detected all of the power is directed into the fuses no matter where they're located.

why contain it?

Good players and even a tiny bit of luck don't have to powergame in order to beat minmax space

Is there a way that you can tear down mountains? I want to so I can actually have space in front of my base to shoot.

miners.

No I mean the over head stuff too.

Keep digging, ceilings can go only so far without a support

I'm sorry I thought I was still in the ss13 thread.
Chemo really fucks up your memory forever.

I pray you get better user

Just get some new bionic parts. I am surprised my colonists do not ever get sick. Like ever.

I just found out boars are amazing, I've always hunted them but now that I tried taming them I ended up with a fuckhuge army of boars. They're very easy to tame, kinda fast, pack a punch and they breed really fast so they're easy to replace. I just wait for raiders to get close, sneak a pawn with a gorillion boars behind them and release all the boars, they pin down and take care of the raiders pretty quickly, my pawns don't even have to fight. Are there any other animals that don't look like much but are secretly god tier?

When will NPCs request to join instead of forcing their way into your colony and then giving everyone a penalty if you tell them to fuck off?

so… what do when your colonist loses a foot or an eye?
I mean, is it better to take out the whole leg to risk a peg or prosthetic?

Fucking hell, I’ve just gotten to this point myself. I’ve rerolled five times in a row now with only about two weeks of play between them. I think I might be okay this time, though. I’m on an island (one hex) and am going to use this as a raider base for suborbital launches to eventually wipe out every other settlement on the map. So I have a “goal” beyond surviving (which is piss easy now), but who knows.

This is a very common mistake, where one mistakes the final quality of something for the effort invested into it, assuming that everything that doesn't look up to par must have been rushed and done in 5 minutes.

You can judge the steak and this game all you want and if it's shit to you, it's shit to you and there's nothing to be done about it. You don't need to be a chef or a game dev to have an opinion about neither the steak nor the game.
But you do need to be a chef or a game dev to appraise the cooking\dev process, something that's parallel to what finally arrives at your plate\computer, otherwise you'd end up demanding that someone cooked you a divine meal in 5 minutes using only potatoes and you'd see nothing that impossible with it because you don't know how to cook anyway.

Let's not forget that Tynan did something truly amazing for the community here, he saw the first few feeble attempts at modding by editing a few XML files and instead of closing it down for the community so he alone could make content for it, he instead exposed a lot of the game in those XML's so that anyone could come and mod the game as much as they want. And while the modders are now busy using the tools they have to make Content, Tynan is free to add new gameplay mechanics, even incorporating popular mods that fit into the game.

This is and should be the standard for every Dev (open source software would be better but that's not realistic), just imagine how many games would be better if the modding community had this much access to the base game.

There's a mod for that, actually. Search for it.

But you can never actually GET RID of one because “overhead mountain” is infinitely tall (while “constructed roof’ and “thin rock roof” are 1 event tall). When taking the support too far from the roof, you’ll get between 1 and 20 squares of rock rubble that will come down, crushing anyone/thing underneath them instantly. When you mine those away, it just happens again. You have to manually edit the roof away (replace it with a regular roof or nothing) in the debug menu.

There are also mods that add bombs and other tools to remove mountain roofs (usually by turning them into thin roofs).

MOTHERFUCKER WHERE.

Shit, he pulled it off the site.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

I dont know about in game since I dont do that cyber scum shit, 100% humans only. But I would I think it works as a section base. I think thats how it is in real life? So its foot, calf, legs. Or Hand, forarm, full arm.

Sauce? I would love to be able to need resources to remove them, because I WILL get rid of them one way or another, and it's not exciting to get to do it for free. This is my same problem with workbenches not being able to be placed on a different tile, I end up turning on godmode, building one where I want it moved and deconstructing the old one, but that means it gets done for no effort and leaves extra resources lying around that I don't deserve.

You're looking for Miniaturization, a mod that lets you turn pretty much every kind of furniture into a box you can install somewhere else, like a few things already do in vanilla.

I haven't played in a while. Where is all that power going to? When I played I had 4 solar panels and 2 wind turbines and it managed pretty well. My base was also a little bigger.

yeah I try to be, but its not its inevtable for them to eventually be shredded to bits
but that is what I mean, if you lose a foot you can't replace it, either you have to leave it off or remove the whole to place a prosthetic

He's got twice as many sunlamps as he needs, which eat power like mad. I think that would be most of it.

Well thats how I thought it would work but before I saved scummed super hard, I never got to the point where I can save them with bionics. But if it were how I imagine then sure. But things like fingers and toes I dont think you can replace yet. I though it was really just limbs.

what do with these people?
couldn't they at least wait till night to get high?
also WIP on my shack

sorry, fucking server must have fucked up

Change their schedule. I always give them 8 hours of sleep, 2 of Anything so they can take care of any pressing matter of their own like food, 8 hours of work, 4 of Anything so they can finish work or go eat and 2 of Joy so they actually enjoy themselves a bit before hitting the sack.

Nigga get the diesel generator mod and shit out some chemfuel.

if they're doing what they're passionate about they'll get their joy needs filled and if you have a tv in the dining room in view of the chairs they'll get joy while they eat. If you set it up properly you can have no allotted time for joy and have everyone getting that nice mood buff from being joy filled almost constantly.

Relying on passion is relying on RNG, sometimes a dude has skill in something that he is not passionate about and you're not gonna let it go to waste, sometimes there are things that need to be done and the guy that does them isn't passionate about them either.
I really would rather not rely on Passion for Joy.

I've actually never tried this but even then this requires power, research and resources. I'm sure it's a great solution but likely not for early game.

Besides, you have pawns play with each other if you allocate time for Joy (and it works better with the mod that makes them prioritize playing together instead of alone), which helps with relationships a lot.
If they only get Joy from work and seeing TV, they are gonna be a bunch of autists running around barely knowing or talking with each other.

I use ten or so of the generators that run on chemfuel, usually, but I use them to charge up my enormous battery farms. I try to keep stored power near 100,000 at all times, and keep the rate high enough that the entire battery network can be charged within a single day once I flip the generators on.
To conserve trees, because they consume wood so quickly, I generally leave the generators off and let the solar/wind farms that occupy roughly 50% of my map sustain the power draw as best they can.

It's not easy keeping 50-100 turrets powered at all times, but it's unacceptable for any hostile force to be allowed to take more than a single step on my maps without instantly dying. Absolute totalitarian control and overwhelming force is the only way to have absolute safety in this game.

Why do people use hydroponics? Any power outage will kill your crops, a solar flare is guaranteed to kill everything every time. Having indoor crops on fertile soil is much more stable, with hydroponics you're just asking to get raped by the RNG.

u gon get elf'ed
Oh wait, wrong game. You're invaded for petty reasons all the time. :^)

Probably due to faster growth than anything else. Those things kill your plants but the interval between them lets you grow several cycles of plants seeing how they grow so fast.

I'm also assuming that most people get mods to protect against most of those issues anyway.

h-haha?

Nonsense, sexual pleasure is a mental thing. That roomba just needs someone who'll call it dirty names as they make it clean their dirty rooms.

I hate when I hear about a good mod and it's hidden behind logins.

dang, first time I've read I thought it was something added to vanilla
for a long time I've been wishing for a more efficient fuel generator, and with the adding of chemfuel I thought it could be it

on a note thought, found some decent chemfuel generator mod, but also a backup generator mod
which apparently switches on/off automatically depending on power need, pretty good

yeah was about to ask on that too.
how effective schedules are, I had them somewhat like what you described, but really never found them to be so effective

but I guess fulfilling their joy at night helps with avoid drug use during work hours and also keep them together to socialize

any quick tips for beginners ?

ohhhhhhh

This is okay, though a bit overly generous with the free time and joy, but just make sure you offset schedules so that some people are sleeping during the day and working at night.
The last thing you want is a lull in your overall workforce. A colony that's working 24/7 is an industrious colony, and industriousness is the source of happiness.

w-what?

berries are ridiculously OP, even if they have a 5min growing skill requirement
5x5 healroot field should be planted on the first day
after a while raids will become insanely large, plan ahead when choosing a place to build your colony about where you'll put your killbox
& how many walls you'll need to build
ai pathfinding is worse than dorf fort's, use that to your advantage
fuck mud, do not have mud near your base
do not build your base out of wood or metal
ai loves to attack solar panels and batteries before anything else
do not fuck with thumbos
put many firefoam things, once they're researched, in all your stockpiles. they only detonate when they themselves start catching on fire or when someone manually activates them, so one will likely not cut it if you want to be safe
save scumming makes the game boring

You nuts? both of them can be found in abundance in the wilds, specially when beginning a new map

wrong, raids are always proportional to your colony size (colonist, strengths, defenses, wealth)

now for real tips… when starting out play base game vanilla first a learn it well
play it for fun and just enjoy whatever happens, like other user mentioned, save scumming to get the perfect colony is boring
and finally, never give up

Only on certain maps and until you run out and until you get a fallout or volcanic event, even if they don't all die regularly from cold
Yes, and as you grow, eventually the raids will be unmanageable large. Are you retarded?

true but they grow faster than your colony does and, I'm pretty sure at least, gun turrets make them increase in strength a shitload.
Another bonus tip is to make sure all sides of your base are secured with a turret. If you get sappers they'll try to work their way around the turret's range but every time they get injured they'll stop and mosey around a bit before returning to the fight. Basically it means if all sides of your base have turrets on them then they'll walk right into range of one and just sit there where they were shot, shooting back if they can, until they die.

Why the fuck would you design a game like this? That's like level scaling cubed

Because the game is designed to "tell stories" not to be beaten, according to the dev.
The scaling exists to make sure that there comes a point where you cannot possibly survive and everything you've worked for is destroyed. Because story.
I think it's bullshit, so I cheese the fuck out of it until nothing can sneeze on my maps without getting perforated and vaporized.

(((storytelling))) meme wins again

Arent you supposed to fuck off from the planet before that?

Fucking off from the planet gives you a credits screen and some music. And if you don't send all of your colonists up at once, you're just deleting them from your game for no reason. There's no incentive or feeling of reward for "completing" the game, I'd rather just keep playing.

Why not just play Dwarfort

As someone else put it, dorffort is a massive autistic slog up until the end-game death spiral. Its difficulty comes from its UI and the stupidity of its ai, nothing else.

So you mean that when you fuck off from the planet you've beaten the game

Yeah? Technically, at least.

again this is false
story telling exist to bring balance to the game, and its one of the main differentiators in this game,
the default storytell (forgot the name) will throw difficulties at you at a constant rate increasing in difficulty proportionally at your colony scale,
but that does also mean that when your colony is struggling the storyteller make it easier for you, sometimes even throwing you some free resources
ever wondered why the beginning of the game almost always get lots of free stuff and lots of new colonists showing up?

people get this idea that the harshness of the game just always scales up becasue:
1- they build really effective ways of dealing with large raids,
2- even mod the shit out of the game which in a lot of cases just makes it easier
so the result is that they end up with very large colonies and ever growing number of resources while loosing very few stuff when shit happens
thus the storytelling just keep trowing bad stuff at them, resulting in a endless state of constant raids and toxic fallouts

its also worth noting that it really doesn't get that bad if your colony doesn't grow too big,
and that most people would normally just give up when things go to shit like people dying and things blowing up,
so it comes back to what I've said earlier, this is a game to play for fun and not to win

and of course there are the other storytelling folks randy and phoebe,
I'd prefer randy personally because you truly never know what is coming your way, sometimes you can a full year of loving boring peace and prosper, and the next and horrible nightmare with calamities left and right

another setting to note too is the difficulty when setting up a new game, the storyteller just decides when shit will hit or not, the difficulty on the other hand is how hard the shit hitting is, or how big it will scale in comparison to your colony
in the end there isn't really a proper way to play this game, and each one should play it as your own

I agree Randy is random, I am playing on normal and man there are long periods between raids but I think he tends to do them in groups. I have my colony running pretty good and confident in my base and all of the sudden I finally get a raid after what felt like 1 year and it was back to back to back to back. Or I once got like 4 caravans on map and like 3 tradeships. But so far Randy has been good to me getting a slave trader ship passing by with in 5-12 days after a raid. Enough to heal them and sell them for a good price. Even back to back because one time I had so many slaves I would have been enstinally giving them away for free.

It's not random if you're noticing patterns, though.

it is definitely random though, because I haven't experienced any pattern like that

the thing with it is that you really know what is coming up, like for example in pic related I've been forever in this volcanic winter, and really the only struggle is lack of resource to go with
some visitors come by but, but nothing really much happening

on another, what you guys thought about the renovation about in this farm base?
it was previously like this and

Looks pretty comfy. I like the separated flooring, too. Smart idea to have the weapon racks in each room. I've always had an issue with weapon racks myself- my colonists never ever haul anything to them, no matter if I literally delete all my stockpiles and set the rack to the highest priority. Can't right-click on the rack to prioritize it either, like the job doesn't exist in the first place. Anyone else had this bug, and if yes, know how to fix it?

right click on the item I want to haul*
Also further clarification so you don't think I'm a a tard, yes the item type is allowed on the rack. It's a legitimate bug.

I have it but have no idea. Stopped using equipment racks for that reason. Installed the extended storage mod since then which has things like food baskets and such and they seem to work. Now that I think of it I haven't tried to see if the things work now that I have that mod. Turns out they still don't work. Weird. Fix soon hopefully.

Looks neat but holy shit you need to clean. Those dirt tiles in your storage room will track in a lot of dirt. Paving paths to your barn will also help minimise this too.
Also I've made a small mod that changes the medicine back to having a red cross instead of the ugly new green one which, in full disclosure, if you use you are a war criminal, thanks to the geneva convention. Just download and extract this image and then slap the folder into your mods folder as you would any other mod to get it.

I would say I know 9/10 a slave trader ship will pass by soon if I take a crap ton slaves from raids. Thats the most predictable one I get and I think I have been really lucky but for the longest one time I was in dire food and had too much Prisionors but I got lucky and got a slave trader when I needed it the most. Other than that I never really know when I get raids, I got sappers once finally, they got pinned by machine gun fire and then a mortar blew them out. I do get large ship parts crashing here and there I never know when it will happen. But I do think I have enough base values when he does raid, it occasionally is multiple ones. Back to back a few times.

Ok, I want to turn Rimworld into a sex game. What are some mods worth looking into? So far I found RimJobWorld, is there anything else?

There's some furry mods but those aren't inherently sexual, also RJW is pretty hard to fap to and it doesn't even work as foreplay. Just adds another slightly buggy mechanic. It's a little hard to get aroused by some floating hearts and a melee-attack sound.

Make a version of it that is actually playable and we'll talk. Meaning a UI that actually works. It's not 1983 anymore. The mouse has existed for THIRTY FUCKING YEARS. I'd also prefer actual graphics as standard, not just add-on packs.

1. Allow Tool needs to be BUILT IN
2. I accidentally clicked "mine connected ores" on a regular block of marble and now "mine connected ores" is completely fucking broken.

How the fuck did he let that bug get past testing?

Because Dorfort is a game with a shitload of content that barely matters or that you can't use at all directly.

You have a shitload of different rocks and gems, but the difference between rocks boils down to "lava safe" or not and some HP, while gems vary only in their value. Last I checked, there were even 2 types of rock with the exact same values except one had more 10 HP than the other.

You also have the autistically detailed anatomy of every creature, even more so than Rimworld.
However what can you use it for? Nothing. It just goes missing or not during fights, your hospital is just a room that has to be stocked and then is used automatically. Meanwhile Rimworld lets you amputate limbs, harvest organs and even replace them with newer or bionic ones, or even just administer drugs to people.

Even handling prisoners is far better in Rimworld than in Dwarf Fortress, where despite having cages and traps to capture people, the best you can do is leash or store them somewhere and that's it.

Also compare the military side of it as well as the way you assign jobs to people.
In Dwarf Fortress you have a shitload of menus that give you plenty of detail about what an individual dwarf will do, or what a squad will do in a certain season as well as what they'll have equipped. But none of this shit scales well at all when you have 50 dwarves or more to the point that you NEED Dwarf Therapist or you're gonna need a real therapist.

Meanwhile, Rimworld has that functionality built in, showing you who's doing what, how good they are at it and what priority those tasks have making delegating tasks much easier, but also assigning weapons, giving fast commands to mine that hole now or even commanding your troops around is really easy and simple, like playing a basic RTS game.

No one will ever doubt that Dwarf Fortress has more content and more detail than Rimworld or any of it's alternatives. But the presentation of that content or how you interact with it is severely lacking unless you employ very large amounts of autism and imagination, so every alternative will always be more fun in comparison.
This is like having a cake that tastes better than the other tiny cakes around you, but it's inside a box so you can't see it and the only way to eat it is by grabbing pieces of it with chopsticks from a tiny hole on the side.

I hope you are not doing this. Seriously, lamps are one of the things that most uses power in the game, it's fucking bullshit.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29691.0

Not really. It isn't that hard, which doesn't mean that it is as easy as it could be.
True. But AI is a pain no matter the game. It's more about absolute control, specifying exactly how each dwarf moves that is the problem. You can do it in rimworld, but dwarf fortress doesn't let you. In rimworld, if I think a hauling task is more important than another one, I can just tell a pawn to do it, in DF I just give up.

I agree on mostly everything, except on the material variety. Three types of stone isn't enough, it feels boring.

I just wish Rimworld had z-levels, and as we all know, it is never going to happen. Right now, we either have to choose between the better tactics allowed by rimworld, with unlimited control of the pawns, or the better strategy capabilities of dwarf fortress, with superior 3d space, traps, bridges, mechanisms, lava, drowning, webbing giant cave spiders, upright spears, demon unleashing, firespitting globs, vicious honey badgers etc. It is just sad that we'll never get both in one package.

Is the impregnation mod still incompatible with Alien Races?

I saw some interesting android mod but it acts like a race.

Does anyone else prefer playing without mods or at least with a very limited selection?

Guys look at my quints

Strangely I have less problems getting shit done in DF than in Rimworld. Maybe because I have 5 haulers on every real worker in DF, or because Rimworld Pawns are niggers who just refuse to do a certain type of work 90% of the itme. Maybe I haven't really figured out work priorities yet either.

good one user, checked them
but…

yeah no….

on the subject you asked though, I try to keep a limited amount of mods, but even then its a whole fucking lot
(currently subscribing to 50 mods)

Am I missing something, or is it a better idea to try and ensure your furniture (except for beds, which increase rest speed) and items (except for guns) are awful quality, and you're better off leaving the entire base soil/sand/unsmoothed rock to artificially keep wealth low? It's not like colonist's moods drop low enough to need the extra benefits from impressive rooms. The worst things that really happen are occasionally being insulted/spurned or being in pain, a negligible drop as long as you keep them eating well, wearing decent clothes you made, give them adequate time for sleep and joy, and maybe let them use drugs. Fuck, your colonists even get the low expectations mood buffs based on wealth. Forced poverty in a base where almost all furniture and items are made by unskilled pawns doesn't sound like it has any real downsides or consequences.

I’ve had my mining crews go completely insane from the hit they take on ‘hideous environment’, so it’s important. Just break the AI and trick them into going for your killboxes by purposely using shitty materials on a tiny section of one of your walls. They’ll walk all the way around your base to get to it because it’s easier.

Mental breaks in this game are fucking retarded.
These colonists are huge pussies when it comes to interior decoration and shit but they can end up with all their limbs amputated after a fight and as long as they're not in pain they don't get depressed at all.

Guys, lately I've been considering giving money to the devs.
How do I make this feeling go away?

Do it fag. Make sure you buy from their site and not from steam because you'll get a steam key and a drm free copy.

you mean buying the game which you've spent hundreds of hours on?
< do it fag!

I did it too, been playing this game even before it was available on steam,
I think even back when kickass torrents were running the show
eventually I just knew this game was worth it

o fug thx tynan u r greadest ally :D

What I find particularly dumb is that forested areas virtually always have negative beauty because of the dirt floor. In what way could hiking through the woods be called an Ugly Environment?

what now?

Give medical care. Schnell.

but then this individual won't be able to do anything will he?

No, blindness doesn’t stop anyone from doing anything. They just walk more slowly. I think. Maybe it doesn’t even do that.

Blindness affects nearly everything, but for the most part doesn't make it fully impossible, I think.
You can have them do things where quality and speed aren't important, but for things tailoring or butchering/harvesting they'll have much lower quality/yield.
Have them do simple things like mining, hauling, and cleaning, and crafting where quality is fixed, like cutting stone blocks.

well then its fucked either way,
if I remember correctly, she was one of the finest warriors and craftsman, gg

Expanded prosthetics and organ engineering has fake eyes. Last time I played I had someone lose both eyes but it didn't affect anything but their shooting and the fact that they were locked at 50% room beauty permanently.

anime_girl_with_questionmark.gif

Having extremely low wealth gives colonists an "Extremely low expectations" mood buff so that they don't become psychotic as soon as they wake up from cryptosleep. Probably the fastest way of increasing your wealth is hoarding shitty clothes from raiders and collecting ore.

In theory, you could fill up a stockpile between an inaccessible mountain pass, delete the stockpile, remove the home area, forbid every object and install a roof, and the items wouldn't count towards colony wealth yet still be there when you need something.

Though I have never done this since pawns will take an entire in-game year to haul everything and will probably have constant mental breaks in the process since you'd neglect everything else. The easiest thing is just to never mine ore casually or open any drop pods.

Get a male and female dog, wait a little while and have 10 dogs, train them to haul to full points, watch as dogs move entire stock piles in a day.

I organized everything in my colony today and those doggos got to work.

I did this except with pigs.
Those little piggos work harder than any of my colonists and taste better too.

I can't do this early on since you have to feed doggos manually. I'd use boars instead since they eat grass. Unless they're too dumb to haul, then disregard that I suck cocks

I installed that megafauna mod and bought some woolly mammoths from a trader, trained them to haul and rescue, they ate grass and I made all clothes and beds from their wool, which is like 900 per batch. And you can use them as pack animals. Very cool.

I haven't played since before caravans. I see a lot of the small quality of life mods have been put into the base game.

Anyone have a nice mod list?

"Pawns are capable" is mandatory.

From the about.xml
It's the Drag and Drop Work Tab mod if you can't figure out how to extract from images but can use google.

fug
does anyone know if getting hit by mortars aggros manhunters into kicking open your doors
also r8 the Large Hills of Lunacy, largest I've gone in a base not under a mountain

Mining is heavily skill-dependent now, low skill/reduced ability drastically reduces ore/chunk yield. So unless they're just making space, don't mine with a cripple.

I want to love piggers/boars but only hauling 60 units at a time inflames my autism

Here's mine. It's mostly non-OP QoL mods, you can probably guess which ones aren't.

A lot of the old mods I see, that is probably for the best. Also pigs were the GOAT animal before. Fuckers had children left and right in big batches, easy as fuck to train to haul, and once you had your workforce in equilibrium (I usually went around 40 or so males with 4 females), then I would just slaughter all the new ones and pretty much come to a net gain in food. I always loved seeing a batch of piglets being slaughtered and then the mother pig hauling them to storage. Such good animals.

I just can't resist huskies, especially with that food selection mod letting me tell all my carnivorous haulers to eat only from the frozen nigger storage. With a skilled tamer their train rate hits 100%. Slower breeding rate too so you don't get inundated with pups.

I'm hoping to save at least a male and female, I've really wanted some mammoths or elasmotherium around. If mortars don't flip their building destroyer switch, I'll probably shell them til they're crippled and go finish em off kiting with rifles.
PS, when attempting to wound a fuckhueg animal with thousands of HP to down state, then rescue to freezer to tend to and attempt taming, use high damage-per-shot weapons. They usually only go down with 4-6 hours til bleedout, and your doctor can't patch 100 LMG holes as fast as they can patch 40 survival rifle or 20 sniper wounds.

You might want to complement your mods with Colony Manager, it automates breeding\butchering\training animals so you have the exact number of animals you want, including how many young, male and female. It also butchers every trained one as well.

Why rescue them to the freezer? Does it help with wound treating or taming?

I feel ripped off whenever I try trading. Is there a mod that makes it feel more fair? Selling at 50% and buying at 150% is pretty lame. It happens even if it is your caravan!

So locking the doors and shelling the shit out of manhunters is totally viable and doesn't trigger their door-bashing like if they see a pawn run inside. ~50 or so shells resulted in 2 downed mammoths and 9 between mild injury and eventual bleed-out.
I snuck a pawn out the south side of my base through the killbox and went around north til he aggroed the remaining mammoths. Once the quicker, healthier ones were tailing him, I sent the rest of the colony's gunmen out the north side and fired into all the stragglers (5/9). The other 4 mammoths got fucked by turrets with a little kiting around.
My freezer is now home to 5 mammoth corpses, 5 mammoths slated to be trained and one tamed mammoth who bonded to my doctor with a neat little name (Nadezhda).
Now if only these little niggers would stop trying to eat them. First my giant spider tried it and triggered a manhunter chain on the two conscious mammoths that nearly killed my tamer (of course they ignored the spider and it immediately deaggroed and wandered off while its master got impaled) and brought me down to 5 living mammoths, now this little fucker is chewing on unconscious pachyderms.

I actually just finished researching the management techs, been too busy with hostile events to start it up. Though I do know there's a bug atm where slaughtering a colony animal gives the same social debuff as killing a colony animal in combat (e.g. you recruit an imprisoned tribal who stuck your piggy and everyone holds it against him still), so I just sell my puppies and kill annoying self-tameds by zoning them into my killbox and force firing my turrets on them.
I rescue to freezer so once they recover (if they don't bond to my doctor), they're contained in a space within my base and my tamer/grower doesn't neglect my crops jogging back and forth across the map grabbing corn for mammoths (and so they don't leave the map in winter). There needs to be food in whatever room you rescue them to because if they don't get enough food via taming events and start to starve, they'll break down every door between them and grass/the map border. Of course, you need a surplus of food to try this.
You could also designate a stockpile in a separate room for long-lasting vegetables/pemmican/kibble and keep them there so they don't get into your meals, but I'm so overstocked on food and good cooks that I don't mind if they eat people food.
The freezer is also dirty, so increased infection rates, and infections are hard to treat in disobedient wild animals. So ideally you would rescue them to a small, sterile room inside your base with a stockpile of long-lasting food. Maybe I'll set that up. Would also stop my retard predators from trying to hunt shit 5000x their mass.

Trading was super OP in A16, glad they nerfed it. I still make loads, drug/textile farming stronk. And you do get a small bonus to both buying and selling if it's your caravan.

have you guys noticed that stone cutting now takes construction skill instead of crafting?
kinda odd, and really sucks for leveling up the crafting skill now
I wonder if its a mistake

I’m guessing the former means patching people up and the latter means surgery, right?

Wish you can get a join a Fraction and for joining you obviously get more tradeships and caravans from them but every year you have to offer a fee of food,money or goods for being part of it. ie offer 1000 food/3000 silver/ or raw material etc. But if you join a Fraction you can see their caravan routes and join them. Also their caravans can spot incoming raids to a certain accuracy. So you can get new events such as shelter a caravan. Your fraction can also declare war on another fraction so raids increase. You could try to form your own fraction.

Any mods to overhaul the prison system? I feel like such a pain to get a prisoner it just isn't worth it, I'd rather kill them on the spot. What do you guys do to yours?

I have an organ harvesting mod that disables colonist debuff for when you steal prisoner arms/legs etc.

Cool thing too is that there's a star wars mod that adds zabrak tribes (think darth maul) that have 2 hearts that I can harvest and sell to pirate traders. Organ trafficking is where the dosh is at.

Probably things like cheering up patients and feeding them goes to nurses while patching up and surgery are for doctors.

There is a prison labor mod that allows you to force your prisoners to work for you as long as your warden is watching.
There's also a slavery mod that allows you to put a collar on them and turn them into pseudo-colonists that you can put to work and later sell.
Finally in RimJobWorld you can designate prisoners as cumdumps but that mod is buggy as all fucks and the only people trying to fix it seem to be clinically retarded.

Rimworld is a fucking snoozefest, all you do is build the same slightly different looking base with all the pieces and parts before and hope you don't die in the process of getting said parts. Boring

It was an intentional change, but I've seen Tynan state that it's in error, so I think he fucked up by not switching it to construction priority. Use Fluffy's worktab mod that allows you to customize priority for every subtask (and allows 9 (default) or more numbers instead of vanilla 4) and set stonecutting behind regular jobs for your builders to keep them busy/level them in off hours/cut stone faster.
You can still grind crafting by shitting out shortbows at a crafting spot or longbows/pilas at a smithy if you're on a wood-heavy map. Otherwise try to grow lots of cotton/murder herds of animals and shit out clothing.

That's stupidly OP, might as well just spawn in silver.

Found the autist.

You realize prisoners have a recruitment difficulty modifier listed on their prisoner tab, right? A 95%+ difficulty prisoner is going to take months or years, but anything below that is manageable with a pleasant room (bed, table, good food, good space/beauty/wealth/cleanliness) and rapport building. Once my 85% difficulty prisoner's opinion of my warden was 100 and his mood was permanently reading 'content' from all the mood buffs, his recruit chance went from initial 1.6% or whatever to 11%, which should get em recruited in a week or two.
As far as prisoner utility, beyond strategic organ harvesting after a party/wedding to weather the debuff and slavery mods, Call of Cthulhu's Cults mod comes with 5 old gods to curry favor to and sacrifice prisoners to for some strong and interesting boons, 4 for each god (replace colonist limbs with tentacles like organic bionics, rewrite backstory to get rid of work inabilities, psionic brain growth that gives +20% consciousness and allows pawn to do shit like light things on fire and stun (with a small chance of head explosion) at short range via psionics, summon flying bug-horse-dragon creatures that function as living drop pods that don't need fuel, orbital insanity waves that 'crashes a ship' aka spawns a juicy bunch of wreckage themed with one of the trade ships that you contact via comms, etc.).

Think you got your terms mixed around bud

Fascinating.

Are you me? I thought it would get around kinda hot but nothing like that, except it was in my battery storage room everything caught on fire. Ruined everything, but I only get flares like once every 2 seasons so don't really need it. Do you put it in a room with just blocks and blocks or outside?

My experience with "lots of heat" is outputting a large freezer's worth of heat directly into a dining room, not fuck-your-base-and-everything-in-it tier

The entire quarry was under a mountain with the only output being a main hallway 60 tiles from the nearest exit.

Enclosing a geothermal generator alone can make the room go up to 200C, of course this freakish device by an autistic modder that requires seventy gorillion kW to run would be outputting crazy amounts of heat, especially with that warning.

Putting your initial shitshack around those and using it as a free heater is great on ice maps. Just spam vents around it so it actually spreads the head instead of setting the place on fire.

fuck…
now she won't snap from it, is she bugged?

well the device is supposed to shield against a heavy eletromagnetic storm from a sun
that is quite a lot of power buzzing off at once

Jesus fuck
I didn't even know it was possible for marriage proposals to be denied in the first place

I like you

amazing stories tbh #whoa #wow

We really need to update the list of mods. I really am looking for a more furniture mod that would be neat. So I can make like 1x4 tables etc. Also is there a church mods? I would like to have where people with high social can become preachers and preach. Only if they are religious and I can make a alter so people can pray, I would also like the more sculptures so I can make religious sculptures. Any mods where I can torture people specifically? I want to chain them up and whip them for my sadistic people. Also can give you a repetition to other enemy fractions to fear you. Mad max mod when? I would also like to crucify people or at least put them on sticks as decoration outside my base to demoralize raiders. What are some other mods you want to see?

Have they considered making a version of the game that takes out the whole "storyteller" gimmick and replaces all the storyteller events with things that actually have game logic behind them, like a weather system that can involve nuclear fallout, factions actually doing their own thing and establishing a presence in the world and trying to conduct raids based on their own interests, and electrical systems that can cause explosions if you, say, put too much strain on your wiring and don't set up circuit breakers, instead of randomly?

Christ, that's horrible. Level scaling logic where the player is the center of the world and everything revolves around their tiniest decisions is the absolute worst.

So can I add bionic penises to women? I want a futanari colony. Also any way to make cooks just drop off meals to the nearest storage area and let others haul the simple meals elsewhere where they need to be?

No, the problem is that the mod developers changed 3 times.

It was dropped, picked up by another guy that dissapeared, then picked up by another guy that dissapeared.

Now, a bunch of guys at LoversLab are the only people working on it.
The progress is slow, but it's there.

Also, next version should switch sex/pregnancy checks from checking gender to checking equipment - which also means functioning futa

Not sure about the futa but you can change the crafting options for any recipe to be "drop on ground when finished" and just let some other dog/guy haul it.
I use this on my butchering table and just have the corpse pile right by the table so the ground just fills with meat almost instantaneously when I decide it's time to carve up.

On a earlier build I used the entire map space outside of the bare minimum needed to farm for survival and a killy spot at the end to build a labyrinth and made the whole thing a critical stockpile for corpses and no cleaning. After a very long time it got to the point that any raiders that weren't psychopaths couldn't get through it without going insane.
10/10 would subject several colonists to insanity building it again

Got a weird bug where some mountain walls have become non existent and you can run through them and escape into the wild through it.

Genital implantation is hardcoded to gender in RJW, although with a mod like prepare carefully that would let you edit the traits/health status of colonists you could directly flag them as having the appropriate equipment.

Only mods that do something similar to this are W40K Corruption (so you can worship the Emperor\Chaos Gods\Eldar Gods\Etc) or Lovecraft's Cults where you can worship several eldritch big wigs.

Sadly, there's no "neutral" or "good" religion mod out there, you have to be mad\evil to dedicate yourself towards any god.

But that's what already happens. Events happen based on your colony to give you a proper challenge regarding your current conditions so it's never too easy or too hard.

There are no natural sources of a nuclear fallout in the game, it would devolve into RNG

This would be fun but the focus of the game seems to be your colony. Now that you can move around the world, it makes sense that everyone else can to, but since every faction is essentially just one location, there's little need for this.

Would require an actually deep and complex wiring simulation, with Volts, Amperes and Ohms at very least, as well as circuit breakers and fuses, something that you already have mods for. Sadly when a circuit breaks, it doesn't explode ever. Machines connected to it MAY explode depending on what the fault is, but more likely they just stop working.

Prepare Carefully does let you edit those parts of colonists, putting (or removing) whatever you want from them, even on the wrong gender. There's also Bionic parts too.
The problem with pregnancy seems to be that it's tied to gender, not the bodyparts, ence the change they want to make. You can already have futa, you just can't have futas impregnating other people.

Oh, great, it's one of those "helpful" anons who try to come up with justifications for every bad element of something in "helping" people with that something.

I don't think I'm trying to justify anything, please don't be so autistic you're actually gonna make this personal.

The point of the game is your colony and the stories around it, everything else exists to assist that, not despite that.
Factions aren't there to be a second player vying for their own interests, they are there to give you some chalenge, a background into the planet you're on, allow diplomacy as an option and even let you raid and be raided.
If you're looking for a 4X type of game, it's your own expectations that are at fault, not the game missing gameplay it simply doesn't need.

Same goes for scaling threats or how the storytellers pick events. What would be the purpose of a "weather system" and how would it make the game more fun if weather was entirely random? Or worse, you had to build anemometers and a metereological station to measure the wind speed and humidity to predict the weather, making this horribly autistic and not in the fun way?
Why would this be better than "Hey, I see you have a lot of food and are getting bored with no chalenge, so here's a nuclear winter. Let's see how you handle this".?

Not yet, but that part is being rewritten.

In the retard's defense:

as well as:

Hardly at this stage.

As for the rest of that or at least the very last bit, it's a divide between some wanting more cohesive context for things going on, autism sure, it is what it is, and on the other hand wanting a challenge where context is either an additive or meaningless, as the challenge is what's important.
As it was, I remember it being planned as some kind of story generator like dorfs, only with guns and spaceships. One must assume that the ultimate goal here then is to have a world where things are happening, not to the scale of dorf, but in such a way where it can feel like the small bits and pieces come together every once in a while to create a nice story.

There are parts where it can "amp up the challenge" too, but I'm afraid that as far as I am aware, that takes a backseat to the "challenges" it's supposed to create for the colonist characters themselves.

Both of you should go make hot cocoa though.

does the star trek mod have klingons yet?
borg attacks are boring and the feds don't really offer me anything useful when trading

Can't come soon enough. I want to start a Broodmother Fortress, populated entirely by futas impregnating each other all the time for quick multiplication of population.

There can even be a culture here, where they are born with their default gender and aren't yet part of the Dualsex Masterrace, so they have to earn it. Boys and girls grab weapons and take part in raids or defending their colony and the first person of the oposite gender they kill\down, they get to implant the genitals from their target and become fully adults.

What's best is that, with pregnancy and slave labour, you can actually get a real organ farm going. It would require everyone to be psychopath for mass production but otherwise the only questions that remain are: How young can the "donor" of an organ be and How does age affect it's quality?

Oh I know the feeling all too well, it's one of my biggest gripes with Sims 3 for instance. However, that's a game where you get out of your house a lot and interact with other people several times, the same kind of problem doesn't happen with Sims1&2 because they are more centered on your own house instead and therefore the neighborhood is there to visit you, not to change as time goes.

For that kind of stuff, there's always The Guild were other dynasties have every option open to you and they do have their own goals, striving for them as well. It's pretty cool and more games should do this, Rimworld too if the idea of colonizing more zones besides the starting one or resources being tied to particular areas or at the very least taxation and trade routes was an element that justified having more than just one settlement.

So is this game even worth playing without any mods?

Nah. It is barely worth playing with mods. Half a game through and you already know most events that can happen, and most have already happened at least twice.

Maybe if I didn't have such shit taste, I wouldn't have to wait.

thats a good idea, not necessary taking out the storyteller since its supposed to be a open ended game, but bringing more structure to the system would be cool
regarding things going on around the world, its very likely that he will delve further into it, considering , not that long ago you were completely stuck in the same area of map forever
yeah, caravans and the missions that came with it were a huge improvement

I could say its definitely not like that, I for one tend to spend eons starving for a trader/caravan to pass with tons of craps to sell, its just that its… random

literally never had a single crash with the game till date

I did something like that too, more like a dumping ground instead of maze,
unfortunately it also takes a huge toll on your colonists

I’d like planets with less stable climates and more variety too them. There should be acid storms that slowly eat away at the (outer layer) of walls and cause item degradation more frequently. I don’t mean “acid rain” like on Earth, but actual acids since it’s an alien world. There should be more biomes and ones that aren’t on Earth at all. There should be more and longer climate changes; there are only three climate events (volcanic winter, cold spell, hot spell).

Is Psychology worth using? The description doesn't seem so bad, except that every one is now somewhat gay on the gayness scale.

I saw that as a benefit only because now I get far more use out of my furnace room. Coupling Psychology with Pawns Are Capable and Hospitality means an unending stream of people for you to check (for being white, Kinsey 0, and with no blocked work fields). Anyone who doesn’t meet those requirements I either leave to die on the ground (from a raid) or go straight to the furnace (for joining without user interaction).
It’s cathartic. You absolutely should get Psychology.

Can't you just forbid the door?

This isn't happening for other people, right? Just some mod conflict? I have so much shit to fix in C&P I'm not looking forward to another fucking bug with pawn rendering

I've never had it matter one way or the other in my colonies, but if a random number makes that big of a difference to the digital lives of your colonists, then don't bother.

I noticed that you can get penises from animals. But can I attach them to people? What is the point of removing a penis if you can't attach it? or you can only attach it to the same gender again? Also how do I fix some of the guns mods? I have to remove the mod folder in my game and reupload it? cause some of the guns don't work at all.

I think I have to restart a new colony cause many mountain walls became glitched.

Fug.

The point is to take all the huge penises off your prisoners and stitch micropenises onto them in return. Until you recruit them, that is, and then you put it back.

seriously now though, need help with this
this person has been "broken" for a couple of days now,
I wonder if this does happen from time to time, or if she is bugged forever
or if I did in fact bug her by arresting her while dying

The best you could hope is to have her in bed to feed her.

Dude. Let her go.

You could also make the furnace an allowed zone so they can only go there and use other allowed zones for the rest of the colonists so they can't reach them to rescue. Not sure if they obey it if they flip out but if it's 5 seconds you shouldn't have to worry.

Normally if someone collapses they snap out of their state but (I'm pretty sure at least) don't get the cathartic bonus if it's interrupted. Maybe bugged but shit nigga just put them down already. You can get a new one.

she was already a colonist that got in by other means (I forgot how)
but she was long standing colonist, and basically already has good relations with half the people

nice trips,

and yeah, the first time she basically collapsed of exhaustion in the middle of nowhere, already had starvation moderate and still wouldn't snap out of her state
that's when I had to arrest her, but didn't know she would remain like that
also didn't know arresting now makes them an enemy of the colony

No I was wonder if you can regular penises like flesh made penises on women.

All of my cats are addicted to drugs, and I'm getting regular cat overdose deaths.
They're going through all my stock in my quest to become a planetary meth lab.

Apparently animals will sometimes even eat drugs even if they're forbidden and outside of their allowed zones, and Tynan thinks this is fine. Animal Logic mod disables this, among other things.

if its ambrosia then its a bug, apparently ambrosia goes as food for intake, so animals will eat them regularly,
I had my ambrosia stash going missing suddenly, only to find out some of my pets pretty high and highly addicted to the stuff

I've got cats addicted to smokeleaf, flake, and ambrosia. Probably due to

I think we should make a new list of rimworld mods everyone should have with a additional other mods that are good too. In the mean time here is a rim world comic.

Christ I tried downloading redownloaded all new mods, even a new game and deleted my old folder of it and it still has bugs. Welps look like I am gonna have to buy the fucking game instead cause the game wont let me change clothing on a new colony character creation page. FUCK.

I want HardcoreSK without:

The only good parts of the mod are the ammunition and combat stances, the hardcore tech tree and merged/unduplicated resources. But you can't turn individual bullshit off because everything is merged into one mod.

really liked what you did there, specially in regards with randy and the prisoner capturing

regarding mods, really there is a ton that is just optional taste
I'll see some that I really think is quality of life for everyone

umop

I’ll never have to worry about meat again.

This fucking faggot better fix that in the next (never ever) update.

No problem with mods can be solved by abandoning piracy. Except Just Cause 3, apparently. You’re just doing something wrong.

All trannies will be killed, user.

So you want me to buy the game? To fix it? Also they are call futa's. The name makes it sound cuter. Also if I do no drugs they stick to it.

Wtf? Might as well start a new save AGAIN!.

Yes, trough the debug menu

You should vet modders before you install things unless you're skilled enough to fix their errors before you start playing.

I'm considering collecting good mods and putting them into separate modpacks (like one for resources, one of quality of life, one for new features, one for lore-breaking, etc) so they're all compatible and balanced and it doesn't take so fucking long to download everything and get it to work.

Tynan should at least be implementing the quality of life mods every update, though I shouldn't expect much from him since he doesn't seem to give a shit about far more important shit like multi-core support or z-levels.

How the fuck do you do that? I see it pop up every time I launch the game but I don't know what else to do. I just see red red red some yellow.

had this troublesome colonist that was constantly upset (something about beauty not being high enough) ends up getting mauled by a wrag. survives but is totally blind now with a peg leg. patch him up and almost flip a coin over the euthanasia solution. but he is married to one of my more useful pawns. so he stays. then i notice that someone is no longer constantly breaking anymore. look at his needs and what do you know his 'beauty" bar is locked at 50% and he no longer minds the dark. so long as he was fed his happiness seemed stable. (and he no longer minded the fact that his wife's face looked like a god dam puzzle with peaces missing)

Thoughts on my island map base? Its connected to the mainland luckly. But I dont really get raids at all? Damn it Randy. Also I would like to add that they really should add the hygiene mod in game. They get debuff for literally shitting on the street so you have to research modern plumbing, its a really good mod but I still havnt figured out about heated water or baths yet. Sadly its not made for ocean water, only river water so you have to do more research for the water cleaning station. Would have liked to see the plumbing pipes under the bridges but oh well. Also if you are gonna try this island hopping then you NEED the boardwalk mod too. Lets you put down heavy boardwalks that can support structures.

Is your base connected to the outer edge of the map at all? If not you won't get any.

Yeah to my left there and south you can connect to the rest of the world, even the east. IIRC one person even came from the north, but if you come from the north or certain islands then you can reach me. But yes I can send a caravan out by going east, south or west.

I mean animals still come so how else do they come? I get elephants around here too.

nope…
what Tynan need to do is add water usage though,
hydration is key to survival, and considering he added rivers, and differentiation between sea and river water,
I wouldn't be surprise if that was already on his goal list
some form of hygiene is ok, but the overall mod is too convoluted

Try the mod out. Its a essential to add in game but yes water usage should be added as well.

I’m so fucking sick of this site submitting posts early.
1. No, I explicitly said not to buy it.
2. All faggots will be killed. There is nothing cute about a faggot.

That guy may be a retarded nigger, but if that's your reaction to a fictional hermaphrodite so are you.

so this is how it's gonna be huh

Not the log, the tools.

It should be upper right corner, you should have around 5 white icons. (you might need to have dev mode turned on in the options) First one opens the log.
The second or 3rd is the dev tools.

It lets you trigger evens, spawn items, pawns ,change weathers and all sorts of shit.

What you're looking for is AddHeadiffs ->
Then "Implant" for non-standard genitals.
I think "AddNatural" so something like that is for the regular, basic vagina/penis.

You want to add a huge Penis?
AddHEadiff -> Implant ->Huge Penis -> Genitals, select pawn. Done.

I see you run a Yuri society yourself too?

I want to make them futa's though. Sadly they are getting destroyed by the mech's. Some how those sythers or whatever keep getting headshots on my colonits despite them being behind sandsbags + wall embrasures. What the heck? Do the cover systems stack? or do I essentially lose cover? since sandbags have less cover than the wall?

You technically can make em futas, they just won't be functional until the next RWJ update.

But I do believe you can impregnate trough the dev tools.

Also, are you using good helmets?

You using more turrets mod? Very good one.
Medieval lets you dig moats, which is very handy for stopping fire and slowing down enemies.

Also, you can download Astartes mod (if it's compatible) for some Space Marine goodness.
Nothing like Terminator Armor and a Power Fist for opening those tin cans.

It's weird cause they are supposed to have tits, vagina, and a anus right? but I only see people with 1 of these. not 2 or 3 at all. Even dudes only have a penis and or anus but not both.

Blow your fucking brains out.

No helmets at, or even body armor really. They just sit behind sand bags which are behind the walls that you can shoot. I like the m240b, .50cal and the auto gernade machine launcher, they have to be manned but their rage is really great. The gun complexes turrents have really shit range.

Our society isn't being destroyed by weeboos and hentai dumbass. Not a argument.

In my last game the bulk traders or would NEVER have uranium, when I wanted it. It would pass like 2 years and countless traders pass by but never uranium. Now this new game I see all bulk traders stock uranium but never any stone blocks of any kind?! When I need x item the most somehow traders dont EVER SEEM TO STOCK EM! what is this bullshit?

Forgot to add that sometimes I get traders but when I call them up they have nothing and no money?

>>>Holla Forums is that way. Don't come back.