Japanese devs take inspiration from western art/history/mythology

Why?

Because japanese culture is shit, like anime isn't an artform to begin with. Also Yandev is not an actual developer.

really nigga

Western culture is vastly superior in every regard.

Holy shit, end yourself. And here's a whole thread about how you are a retard.

Kill yourself after going back to >>>/cuckchan/ OP.

Anime is part of japanese culture

Fair enough I guess, these aren't really that good though

They are just as good as everything you posted.

so your point is in agreement with OP?

Just came here to say that western devs are compromised and companies like Nexon and NCSoft are starting the trend to cuck eastern devs as well by censoring their games.

Anime is to Japanese Culture as Cuckoldry and social justice is to Western Culture.
:^)

I just want East vs West cocksuckers just a yourself would fuckoff for good.
Its console war tier

Now get the fuck out of muy board

feel free to post other examples
The one that could actually come close to being a good example of the contrary that was posted in this thread was Sleeping Dogs, and it's just a ripoff of a more famous game

you jest but you aren't too far off.

Get the fuck out of here OP

You sound like an absolute pleb.
Nice arguments btw

Metal Gear came out in 1987 though. If you want to stick to Kojima, simply point out how Snatcher is a total Blade Runner rip off up to the point where the Snatcher background art is traced from concept artwork for BR.

Consider >>>/suicide/ OP

You know I meant MG Solid

Why isn't Sleeping Dogs a GTA ripoff?
It's basically the few differences that True Crime had, changed around to make it seem like a GTA clone.
If you actually have something to say then put it into words, faggot.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

WOAH GOOD JOB OP

I'll throw you Shintoism being cool but Jap culture is mostly conplete dogshit. They are literal ant people. with hot women.

You're just mad because they're a superior race

If they're superior why is their leading cause of death suicide?

Weeding out the weak

So, their whole race is going to commit suicide?

You're making some pretty good posts

Looks like they're weeding out their whole race then.

Thanks, but considering you made the OP, I don't really take that as a compliment coming from you

I just love the claim that something combining filmmaking with drawing and painting is not a form of art. Then what exactly qualifies as art?

Every day Westerners are tirelessly proving that wrong.

This is gibberish.

This is an example of what's wrong with Western culture. A neurotic obsession with originality. Nothing can even slightly resemble anything else. Only in total originality is any kind of value found.

Many other countries have birth rates worse than or equal to Japan's, but Westerners keep claiming otherwise. It's all just an attempt to distract themselves from their own low birth rates which they self-destructively try to counter with mass immigration.

You just had to ruin it and reveal your power level

Not my fault, I have three kids. they're half nip mongrels so I expect at least one Elliot Rogers.

I was 20 and trapped in a foreign country. I can't be blamed entirely.

I've made it to over 30 years of age without falling dick first into anything.

I'm surprised the bait shit first post only got 2 replies. Good work, Holla Forums. Maybe someday you'll mature

Neck yourself.

Are you feeling ok in the head? Being a wizard has nothing to do with mass immigration. I'm not an immigrant. And I'm not talking about immigration, period. Immigration by itself is not a problem.

Hope you don't live in burgerland, and you can always make sure they get /fit/ so they can get a >white gf.

Is this bait?

Isn't it basically a given he's a burger in the military? They're pretty much the only people who still breed here.

You are underage as fuck if you think having children is on par with deciding whether or not to get a pet.

He called anime art. That alone should tell you why he's childless at 30.

And you are saying it isn't art. It combines filmmaking, painting and drawing–explain why this does not qualify as art.

Stating the fact that anime is art has nothing to do with me being a wizard and you are just running a standard normalfag anti-anime strategy here.

Please don't give him more shitpost material.

>what is Lords of the Rising Sun it's an old game but it's still good

Shame

Shogo sucks shit, it's just a boring ass FPS, you barely feel in control of a mech suit

Every time someone has said anime isn't art and I've asked why a combination of filmmaking, painting and drawing isn't art, there's been no response.

How does it feel knowing you've robbed your children of a definitive and collective identity and a link to their ancestor's lineage for their entire lives all because you were a muh dick retard who fell for the asian girls meme.

Holla Forums is this way: >>>Holla Forums

I love this meme!

It's not a meme. It's a helpful pointer to let you know where you should be going.

OP is a fag.

Very nice, you are a very, VERY funny person! Haha. Great times friend. I love your sense of humor! Excellent!

Ēadig, þeċ tō mētenne, Hwǣr Englisce games?

???

The fuck is wrong with you?

I feel like there has to be some kind of cultural attitude when it comes to imitating and iterating on the ideas of others. The anime and manga industry is overloaded with series that are effectively reinventions and variants of classic and super popular series. This is probably because it's safer to do what they know is successful on the market, but also because most every kind of media always has criticisms about how it could be better if they added certain elements or if specific mechanics were more well developed.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I hope to God you're a non-white or kike because sperging out over someone pointing out white genocide while being white is literally the cuckiest possible thing you could do, and you should just fucking kill yourself.

Anime in fact constantly takes risks that live action wouldn't go anywhere near.

You're replying to the wrong person so I don't know what's wrong with the person you were trying to reply to. Maybe you should go ask him.

Probably has something to do with respect

This is partially true, but not being exposed to absolutely every show and series that is released in Japan over the past century or so makes it harder to recognize just how many series are blatant ripoffs homages to series that came before them.

I thought people like OP weren't allowed to speak anymore because their opinion counts as shitposting.

Are you legitimately fucking retarded? You have the same ID from the first time you replied to me. You're the same person I've been talking to. Did you bonk your fucking head while sperging out?

(You) can go now

When people watch their 30th police procedural show, they never think that it's a variation on the police procedural genre. The thought never crosses their minds. Every show is its own thing. Or it's just accepted that genres are a normal thing, nothing wrong with them.

If you unironically believe this you're deluding yourself.

Are you? You're replying to the wrong person.

Obviously I'm not whoever you think you're talking to since your last post had no conceivable relation to anything I said.

You're doing it again.

Just fuck off already.

Goons need to be globally banned.

Kill yourself

Oh come on.
It's nothing special, typical open world game about crime, barely a discount GTA.

Holla Forums bought the honorary aryan meme hook line and sinker.

OP is gay and a fag

Shogo's trash and you know it

It is a fun game and you are wrong.

It plays like a normal FPS.
The only difference it has from other FPS games of the same time is that you walk around and sometimes see really small dudes. You can barely tell you're controlling a giant ass robot.

That's just not true, attention to detail is risible at best, most of the map feels largely copypasted and poorly developed.
Literally the only good thing about the game, too bad it was serisouly underutilised and locked behind a godawful upgrade menu
That doesn't make it good, sure it's fun to hit people in the face with your doors, but the cars just don't feel good to drive.
Debatable, maybe if they hadn't gone for the whole undercover cop shit I would've agreed with you, but being a cop that's able to murder dozens of people with no repercussions is already a huge deal breaker for a good story.

If you mean it makes no sense you're a simpleton. "X is to Y as A is to B" is a pretty straightforward comparison.

This is not what anime is actually like, but of course I know this will never through to people since the West lives in a reality inversion bubble where everything is the opposite of how it actually is.

It's gibberish. It makes no sense.

It must be painful to be that dumb.

I did not express in any possible way that I am dumb. You are lying. Stop lying.

Nah, it's not bad. Ethnonationalism is a lame meme because it's advocates focus on the most superficial part of their culture. Rather than helping impoverished white communities, they would rather protest for the protection of statues and post memes.

So how many years have YOU spent stationed in Japan?

I am to lying as you are to understanding relative comparison.

Zero. I've never been to Japan at all. This is however completely irrelevant.

My head is starting to hurt. It's like every time I post something on an imageboard, some lunatic shows up right away and starts blatantly fucking lying about what I said, somehow expecting that he can fool me.

That is a Holla Forums subject so yes.

Wew

And here's another one!

This sounds like some tribal nigger shit uppity suburb-raised black college chicks spout to justify dressing like savages while demanding reparations for muh slavery.

Do you have actual autism? He wasn't accusing you of insinuating you were dumb.

And here's the autism accusation. A must for any thread in 2017. If you even slightly suspect that someone isn't a carbon copy of yourself, he must be autistic. No doubt about it. And if he denies being autistic then that definitely proves he's autistic. No, it doesn't matter that you have no idea what autism is–it's still ok to accuse people of having it, and then spend 12 hours shitposting if they ask you to prove it.

You didn't answer his question, I wonder why…

Might as well since the thread is getting bumped by shitposts anyway Western culture is a lot more widespread, well known, better understood, easier to digest, has more works already inspired by it and is more popular than Japanese culture.
It generally takes a japanese person to make a work inspired by japanese culture to really capture its essence since its culture is mostly segregated to their own community, unlike western culture which everyone knows about.

Yep. Just according to plan. These threads always develop exactly the same way. Everything is always the same. Always the same shit. Totally predictable. Nothing changes.

I called you dumb because you can't understand "a is to b as x is to y" it's fucking rudimentary. Also go back to wherever you came from if you're getting upset about something this lightweight.

Who is this seed hecatomb?

It's a simple yes or no question, do you have autism?

Mate, you're the one who read way too far into his post. Are you a genuine autist.

Of course I could stay here and defend myself, but you will just keep lying and lying and lying and spamming autism accusations and you'll do it for the next 24 hours straight if necessary. More and more people will join in and gang up on me, and then even more. There will be hundreds and hundreds of shitposts, people spamming, going absolutely crazy, whipping themselves into a frenzy and competing to see who can make the most idiotic and deranged shiposts possible. Someone will screencap the thread and gush about how absolutely epic it all is. Always the same shit, absolutely predictable like clockwork.

I'm done with this place and imageboards in general. This has become intolerable. Everything turns to shit as soon as you post anything. People have lost their fucking minds.

Considering how much of a giant blubbering vagina you are you didn't even get started, fuck off back to Reddit.

Why won't you answer the question? What are you hiding?

We have this thread way too much

Fucking pathetic and unsurprising.

You literally have retards calling ninjas, samurai, all the cool shit in mythology that inspires all kinds of neat monsters, armor and beings inferior and even shit just because "muh retarded cuck whites".

This is how pathetic and voluntarily braindamaged edgy weebtards have gotten.

Anybody have a source for that image?

Wew lad. Just stop posting any time. Also,

You were the user he was replying to, you fucking autist.

Did you mean the opposing group? Why would weebtards say weebshit is inferior and shit?

idk man, this is one of the things I like from the japs

Letting gooks rip-off west was a mistake.
Also
lmao
Seek help, faglord.

Retards that don't know how to use weeaboo and transparently force it to look edgy. It's as barren as their shit nonarguments and it's pathetic.

I'll get it to catch on. Already got a couple faggots visibly trying to fit in by using lingo they don't even know. And I'm probably the only one using it since I invented it. You can 100% immediately identify an edgy retard if "weebcuck" is actually shat out.

It's exactly like calling a retard that baselessly spews "cuck" a "cucktard". Just switch that with "weeb", get it?

Spotted the weebcucktard.

>Just switch that with "weeb", get it? XD
Not even memeing here. This is sentence legitimately retarded and unnecessary for your point.

i think you mean all the time

I think you meant never.

This faggotry is possibly worse than console war shit. If you weren't all such gay homosexuals I'd expect you to have some self awareness and shame but here we are.

I was demonstrating the comparison.

It was implied more than strongly enough.

roll

Only the things I like, obviously.

Well sure, if you look at bottom of the barrel western stuff. There's no Japanese game that can compare in quality to stuff like Arx Fatalis or Thief, obviously.

Guild Wars Factions was inspired by asian culture and it was superb. Better than anything japs have ever made tbqhfam.

Because the type of westerner to fethishize jap culture has incredibly shit taste. The butthurt dweebagoons in this thread should be a testament to that.

>>>/suicide/

rollan

Man, 4chan is so much better during the day when wagecucks are gone.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/back/
>>>/trash/

Holla Forums, whatever. They're basically the same thing anyway, don't sperg out about it.

The only thing bloodborne "took inspiration" from is pic related.

Go back to Hiroshima cuckhold

You're worse than the fucking weeaboos, faggot.

You faggots are going to have to share.

You forgot Shadow Warrior

Your taste is almost as shit as your thread

Excuse me?

At least their cartoons are worth watching unlike American crap.

Recommend me some anime worth watching btw.
Sage for offtopic.

Adventure Time is a pretty good Western anime.

Patlabor.

Ha ha

Watched that. All of that.
Anything else?

Oh nevermind, turns out there are live action series, feature films and some new fucking movie.
Damn, the ride never ends.

Vandread and Slayers.

Made in abyss

R/a/ndom suggestions of shit I watched in the past 2 weeks.

You dumb, nigger.

I would disagree on the latter bit, actually.
But only really because there's only so much you can glean purely off popular movies/TV shows, and random plastic toys of American figures made in China.
A Jakartan could tell you about how much he likes The Fast and The Furious, as well as how much he likes American muscle cars. But he probably wouldn't be able to explain why muscle cars are/were popular in America rather than small European style coupes. Or why people ask if they need to have committed a crime in order to be allowed into Aussieland.
Western culture is prevalent, sure, but western media doesn't really explain itself (like most media).

Go back to Less Wrong/leddit/tumblr, autist.

Your post makes no sense. Please revise.

Japs can be surprisingly prolific once they know something makes money.

Can someone give good examples of Westaboos and Westaboo accessories? The phenomena of Westaboos bemuses me, and I wish to laugh at some silliness.

If you liked Patlabor, you might like Armored Trooper VOTOMS, You're Under Arrest, and Dominion Tank Police, to keep it short.

I watched a couple of seasons of slayers and didn't like it.
Vandread looks like ass tbh. Does it have good story/characters? Early CGI mechs are a huge turn-off for me.

I'd rather not ha ha.

Impressive trips and impressive selection. Very good.

Votoms, right, keep forgetting it exists. Is it really good?

What are you, gay?
Give Made in Abyss a shot. It's actually bretty gud. Or read the manga. But seeing as you're larping as a normalfag, you'll probably prefer the anime.
Votoms is pretty good.

I do prefer anime, but sometimes adaptations are just so dogshit so you gotta read the original.
Trigun and Calymore are prime examples.
LOGH from what I gathered before watching was a good enough to be a substitute for a source material, and wasn't disappointed.

This is true sometimes.
Also, Kaneko's art was better back when it had a more western look.

You sound like a faggot.

That's alright with me, babe.

Well you can thank Wizardy and Ultima for spawning the bastards that are Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. It seems to be the general view on here though that Japanese people do everything better, which they don't, and that even if they take inspiration from the West that it's better than if it would be in the developed int he West. Well, that's not always the case as you can see above, two of the most annoying and overrated series were inspired by Western gaming and subsequently to that inspiration and slower but steadily drifted more and more towards Japanese stereotypes, while still trying to maintain the Western look (I mean now they just rip off Star Wars instead of Wizardy). A lot of Japanese games were like this, Resident Evil for example is a clearly rip-off from Alone in the Dark - sure it is more action oriented and the supernatural angle is replaced by a scientific one, but it's essentially the same game. Now that doesn't mean that they don't make good games, or that they steal everything, these are just two examples of where they heavily outright borrowed from other games to make something that is considered their own.

(Someone else mentioned Snatcher, and I don't even want to get started with that game. All I'll say is I'm surprised that there isn't a lawsuit against Konami and Kojima for that - not even just Blade Runner but Terminator as well)

Well the problem most of the time with ethnonationalism is that it's usually made up by a bunch of losers that have nothing positive to contribute to said culture so they just try to cling on to the greats of the past in order to boost their ego and self worth. Whenever I hear any of these retards talk about how white civilization and white people are superior to everyone and the best I always try to assure them that a trip to the American South will dispel any notions of that at all.

Yeah this has always been said about the Japanese, and since creativity and originality is often less rewarded and more openly shunned, than just keeping your head down and doing what your told to do and following the rule to the letter, and as someone who has lived and worked there I'd say you're right. They do have a strong feeling for imitation,
and slight alteration of classics in order to progressively make something different over time, as oppose to a strong immediate change - there tends to be a strong sense of subtlety which can even be seen in the language and the way people speak; things are more gray and less black and white like they are here.

who is H.P Lovecraft

A really great and influential writer that most people know three quotes by and that is all they know about him but they still talk about him like they have read all his works and letters (maybe they read call of cthulu or some shit once when they were 14).

1. Anime is superior to everything when mixed with Western concepts and narrative design otherwise it's a bombastic mess or a bunch of teenagers trying to start a little girl rockband
2. Video related

Japan

I mean, it's still better than everything else the world has done in that genre.

Objectively true
Objectively false

Just take the Bible's description of God and replace Him with evil spaghetti and meatballs. Boom. Lovecraft.

Or take some Edger Allen Poe and rip out the artistic prose.

Because YandereSim is weebshit
Prove my statement wrong faggot.

i am going to need to see the rest of that video
asking for a friend

You are better off reading a book or learning some useful skill

I wish they did more with Mr.Brain despite it having that almost tumblr-esque Doctor Who-ish vibe, honestly, but this is pretty spot on.

So you read more than two stories but not enough…but still can't get past the meme

Herbert West Reanimatior?
The Colour from Outer Space?
Pickman's Model?

Nope, didn't think so.

how is it consul war tier? The west seems constitutionally incapable of making good games. Seems to me you just want to sensors anyone critiquing your shitty SJWesterner games.
:^)

The second people started introducing politics into video games on either side, everything went to shit - people stop caring about gameplay and started caring more about the opinions of the people who made them.

I'm not ignoring 30 years of western games, it's just that even during those 30 years japanese games were far superior than western games.
There's a few highlights here and there, but that's it really.

That's still going to be better than their understanding of Japanese culture.
If you just like The Fast and the Furious but don't know much about the background of the setting, then that's enough. It has appeal. Someone with better understanding of it will come up with a product inspired on the same setting and it will appeal to you.

it's not even 30 years. it's more like 40 years. Rounding up because it sounds pretty cool. 40 years and it wasn't until very recently the West learned from the Japanese about how important 60fps gameplay way. That seems to be getting actively undone, sadly.

Actually the strongest most loudest neoNazis have always been former Liberals. This strong reaction is basically the complete and utter rejection of what they once believed in on a moral level. Which is why the most autistic Holla Forumsacks are Canadians or Swedes.

It's stupid though, they are just jumping from one extreme to another. I think it's better to look at the facts and information, sift through the bullshit, and come up with your own conclusions - you know, basic skepticism and critical thinking. God forbid if you're an individual with your own opinion these days; you either have to be in camp A or camp B (even here if you're not a Nintendo fanboy you're automatically a Sony fanboy, if you're not Sony you're an Xcoxsucker). Really, anyone that would explicitly put a label on themselves is limiting themselves to an ideology and mindset that not conducive to any type of learning or progress. This kind of mind set is put on you by people that control media and information so that they can make money off you. Same shit with politics, it's all a smoke screen so that you keep distracted with some meaningless bullshit that the money makers want you to be distracted about while they take everything you own, including your freedom to speak and choose, away from you right under your nose and sell you shit with a golden wrapping on it; which is what modern game have devolved into.

At least you're getting there.

This is only partially correct, with the advent of the internet, people gained the ability to access almost any information needed at almost anytime. However, humans have in built defense systems to protect their ego being bruised from being even partially wrong, to the point of being able to hold completely contradicting beliefs and still operate (cognitive dissonance). With access to all the information in the world, everyone would form the same opinion right? WRONG. Since everyone has access to information that can back up what they already believe, they will only choose to justify what they already believe. This still happened before the internet, but the internet has enforced it way beyond what humans can do reasonably. This is why almost everything has been polarizing rapidly as people do not get information out of their own bubble. Shills take advantage of this but shills are not solely responsible for this occurring.
For instance, not ever listening to anything outside of Holla Forums, or god forbid Holla Forums that may damage or disrupt their self view and their view on morals, politics etc.
Sage for offtopic.

You're a dumb faggot.

It is perfectly natural and necessary, because that emotional reaction is pretty much the only reliable way to kickstart the process of seriously questioning your beliefs and of course confirmation bias. Eventually they "grow" out of it and simply fall in line in simply desiring traditional values, and you can see this with the push for Holla Forums to have self improvement as a regular topic (and succeeded even if' it's just one general thread), and even a desire for books to come back even if only a minority ever bothered reading. Holla Forumsacks are also the most active in /pdfs/

Exactly, the problem like you said is that most people just seek out information that confirms what they already believe instead seeking alternative information that contradicts what they believe, which would actually be the optimal ideal, because they'd be finding the counter information/arguments to what they thought was correct and then would be able to use that to not only change their beliefs but also have a strong and better scope of all the possibilities.

I used to try to do this with one of my friends who was a history major and probably the most rigid and stubborn person that I know. I would listen to him talk about history, go home and find something that would contradict what he said and then relate it back to him and he would get really angry and vehemently deny that it's true. When I explained to him that the only reason that we you read, say a book, on a historical event, we only know that happened because people wrote about it. Knowing how subjective and partial people are in their recollections of events, do you think that someone who witness and event and then wrote it down 10 years later is going to be accurate? How do we know if what they wrote is the whole, unbaised truth? We don't so we have to take it with a dose of skepticism. I try the same with a friend who is a strict liberal, I always try to send them articles, the few that there are paint Trump in a positive light, then break it down to just the bare facts of what he did or said, in context of course. Still these people are so fucked up in the head, they will say that all men are rapists but when evidence comes out that muslims are gang raping kids in England they completely ignore.

The internet man, as great as it is, it's really done the opposite of what we think, it's made people even more lazy, even more selfish and even stupider. Imagine the irony, a place with almost all the information in the world makes people stupider.

Saged as well

lol vintage anime autist

No, those would be the monsters living underground in America.

roll

Because western devs pander to the widest audience possible thus boiling down ideas to satisfy the lowest common denominator. Japanese devs tend to hyper specialize to appeal to niche audiences which have a narrower appeal but garner more enthusiasm.

Nips are just autistic like that.

Well, Shogun Total War 1+2 were pretty awesome.

Japs haven't made a good game since the 90s.

I love roll threads

Bullshit, they made SEVERAL this year alone.

Yeah, they actually are, I mean, the west hasn't made many good games lately, save for some specific strategy games (Warham, Cossack 3, Ultimate General)…

Every time.

Kill yourself.

lol butthurt weeb mod gets rekt then bans guy he got rekt by.

I don't see a ban message anywhere itt.

I can't even make a top ten list of genuinely good western games.I might be able to name 5 that are genuinely good games. And most of them are Doom Clones

Sleeping dogs isn't japanese

Your mom isn't japanese