All the Xenoblade, but 2 especially

Do you like him yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=P_R1QP3prb4&t
twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/911123680733806592
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah.

Wasn't it Nomura who designed him or some shit?
It reeks of his design That's to say it's bloody awful

What the fuck are with the character designs? The protag kid looks hideous and the girl protag looks like she came straight out of a sci-fi hentai game.

Looks more like something you'd see from the shitty Crystal Chronicles spinoff than a Nomura game.

Welcome to all the xeno games ever

Nah, that's these guys and all their buddies.

That design does look awful and seems like something you would see from some early 2000s fantasy game or Radiata Stories.

I like her design but it clashes with the MC's design. He has this design that makes him look like an adventurer ready to discover the world and maybe himself. Her design looks like something you would see in an sci-fi eroge. To be fair though, so did KOS-MOS which her design is similar to.

What? Xenogears had many good designs and there were some solid ones throughout the series. Though Momo is definitely a magical girl or something close to that loli from Martian Successor Nadesico.

I don't mind the designs of any of the characters, really. I think I like her design the most so far, still.

I'd love to play the game but since it's on Switch I'm shit out of luck.

I would love to see what these devs would do with more powerful systems, including the PC.

I won't know if I like him until I play the game. Shulk was pretty overdesigned as well in his default outfit, but he turned out okay once I got to play him and found out he was a scientist and his motivation was just sheer revenge. In contrast, XBX's designs were similarly overwrought and almost everyone in that game sucked.

I'm excited to see if they decided to make the new Heropon not suck. Can you believe, after making the greatest cute mascot party member of all time, they decided "You know, for Xenoblade X, let's make the nopon companion the opposite of Riki." Really, it was intentional. Xenoblade X is why you need things other than gameplay to be good.

Is an engineer tank with a drillshield and a custom built robo-loli notsuck enough for you?

Is that robot loli his "Blade"? Because I know the battle system now involves using "Blades" to change what arts you have or something, it's been a while since I checked.

Yes, but she and Tora are special because he apparently can't use other Blades and she has an alpha symbol in front of her name. Current theory is that Poppi gets upgrades or different forms throughout the game.

Sounds interesting, and I feel like either you'll get parts for her from side quests or you'll have to build them yourself from shit, probably the former.

I want to play it again, but more in a "pick up where I left off, finish the like one sidequest I still have to do, and maybe finally try the online since pirated games can finally do that" way.

I haven't played, but I'm curious, what was wrong with him? Was he a coward afraid of everything?

Not only that, but the only meaningful interactions he has with another character are "funny" "jokes" about the little girl party member cooking him.

All that and some sweet dance moves.

Like Shulk fell off the Bionis and hit every copy of Kingdom Hearts on the way down. Shulk turned out to be a really good protagonist so hopefully this kid isn't a total faggot despite all his belts and clownshoes.

They had something original going with Xenoblade and it turned into generic discardable weebshit that can be thrown into the pile, the only reason they added fapbait is because they knew it would be forgetabble without horny nerds clinging desperately onto it. It was their last resort.
Seriously, the only character I can recognize is because boner.

What the fuck happened?

His battle dialogue makes him come off as a bit cocky. He definitely isn't the introverted nerd Shulk was at least.

Game hasn't even come out yet. We can't really say who will be memorable until we see how they act throughout the game. Saying that, it being on the Switch will make me skip this game for a long time.

Lets not forget that his name in japanese is basically "potato", so naturaly when shifted into english, the team turned his name into "tatsu", making all of the "jokes" fall flat. If his name was Potatsu, at least that would make some sort of sense.

But still, he's basically a non party member and does jack shit but give a reason for Lin to open her retarded mouth.

Complacency. It happens to every developer that gets close to Nintendo.

Shulk had something special about him. I'm trying to figure out what was so special about him that made him stick out from many other "anime protags" and the best ting I can think of is that when he gets his visions and Fiora bites it, he doesn't mope about it, he instead rolls with it and embarks on a quest to fuck the shit of the one who wronged him, but he's never cocky about it. More of a nice guy with some talents who wants to help people and happens to have a lot of power at his finger tips.

This would be pretty fucking sexy on a female character.

Don't say that.
It's a hard pill to swallow.

Looks like something that could come from TABA.

I will also add my two-cents of Shulk love. He surprised me in many ways.

The adventure starts simply because he wants revenge. And even though he has this burning desire to carry out his revenge, he never loses his sense of self, able to think clearly and help others. He doesn't sit around moping, he doesn't complain, when an obstacle comes up, he stands there and starts thinking about how to get around or through it.

I don't know, I think it's kinda cool. He's kind of a normal guy who is able to wield a strange power. And when this normal guy's life gets fucked up, he decided to just say "Fuck it" and use his strange power for revenge.

Did you play dub or sub? Another part of what makes him different is his intelligence, but the British actor sells it a bit better with his calm and reserved tone. I've seen more than one person describe Japanese Shulk as sounding like a whiny kid.

Isn't he a straia cunt tho?

No. The whole cast of XBC1 is British. They just don't all speak in the kinds of British accents Americans are used to.

I love the way he goes from a rip-roaring rampage of revenge to "I can stop your blade". Above all his emotion he's a hero doing what he thinks is right.

The bong dub REALLY helps the game, too. It's one of the very few times I can comment positively on videogame voice acting, which makes the American actors guild strike even more laughable.

I am so unbelievably hype for Xenoblade 2 it is surreal. It's the one AAA title in all the years that I actually give a single shit about. I'm on the edge of my seats every time I see mention of it, wondering if this will be the day they unveil censorship and I must forsake the game entirely as shit.

Until that moment, its got absolutely goddamn everything I could want in a game. Loli catgirls, other lolis, Homura's scrump design, fun combat (with potential "classes" for lack of a better word), outstanding music, and a beautiful open world.

So glad to have Bongs back after 300+ hours of Burgers in Burgerland Burgering featuring maybe one Brit.

Any Euroanons here that can place his accent?

I wanna fug the cat girl

She's pretty cute.

At this point I'll just buy the jap version I have no desire to deal with NoA's censor happy crap after X. At least I'll be able to dodge 'most' of the censorship bullshit.

Damnit why is Takahashi tied to Nintendo of all companies? I just want to see that man make his absurd sci-fi rpg series.

They've already confirmed that NoE is heading localization.

NoE is better but I'm still worried about how Takahashi deals with pressure from Westerners. Poor bastard just wants to make his sci fi series a reality. The man is more than willing to capitulate and censor things on the Japanese side if some Western SJW starts bitching.

Can't wait to main the fuck out of her. Hopefully she'll have other blades that take her out of her role of healer.

I hope blades work like that. From what I saw during the E3 streams, they seem to modify arts, but nobody really knows to what extent. Will they add some shitty effect, modify existing effects/damage values, or will it create an entirely new and drastically different ability? I'm hoping for the latter for varied party composition.

They don't even look like this in-game. His feet also seem smaller in-game.

At this point I believe Monolith does it on purpose, though. A pleb filter because they know exactly they will ever be THAT successful with their games, so they just go for a hidden gem approach instead of don't want their games to be played by fucking retarded FF subhumans.

Pls respond.

not that either of those is necessarily better than the other, but I feel like we took a step backwards all things considered, what the fuck happened?
its not like Shulk's clothes didn't scream JRPG with all of its bells and whistles, but this looks like a completely different game series for no reason

Could be they just wanted to try something a little different.

And then he never appeared in anything after because Japs are in charge of everything. At least localizers throw him a bone every now and again.

is it tyme?
I liked the characters of xenoblade, shulk was a good protagonist.
stuck at bionis heart boss, pls send help

Why do they need a male protag at all? The sword slut should just be the only one.

To fuck her tenderly and make baby knives.

/ss/

Would people throw the same shitfits about designs if kos-mos came out today?

Would pet

The cat or the bigger cat?

Both.

That is correct! Have a cute.

Are there lewds of the cat yet?

Only two, and you don't want to see the first one.

I'm ready to be disappointed or disgusted

Try using Melia, her ether attacks can shred the adds. You want to do this because each one in play adds to her defense. Reyn tanks hits best here since so many attacks are ether based and Dunban can't dodge reliably. Keep in mind your command options, especially "focus" and "to my side" to try and keep the ai party members from standing in the ether like mout-breathing retards

Voice acting that makes him sound like a man, instead of a shitty weeb kid.

Respect to Adam Howden.

Don't repeat our same mistake, user. Save yourself.

I will defend Xenoblade X in one way, it did everything it tried to do well. That is, make an open world game with almost no loading screens AND a pretty good frame-rate on the fucking Wii U. It kind of botched everything else but everything combat related though.

I feel like some of the characters of XB each had their own struggles but instead of complaining about them just went on and took action instead of just crying about it.
Shulk, a military scientist willingly takes up a strange powerful weapon that fucked up the right arm of Dunban, (Fiora's older brother) to save his home. And then carries on moving forward with the motivation of revenge against the Mechon when Fiora dies.
While Reyn tags along because he's his BFF and want to protect and help him as he's the muscle, while Shulk balance's him out by being the brain's of their little group.
Fiora while not being military and could've just ran away, fucking man's an mobile artillery cannon just to fight back against the Mechon (with multiple shots hitting the target) resulting in her death
Dunban joins the party, even without the use of his right arm but one handing a sword with his left.

You could say that about basically everyone but Sharla, and she's just the worst character in general. Seriously, Riki, the comic relief cute mascot character, is a dad in his 40's just trying to feed his family AND has an incredibly touching scene with Dunabn where they had to come up with a piece of music specifically for that exact scene. Do I even need to talk about the shit Melia has to put up with?

You mean the annoying weeb mascotte that anyone over 13 hates with their guts. Or did you seriously think that the serious backstory would actually subvert a little talking animal with kawaii face and screechy voice?

I'm not posting the other one. If you really want to see it, look up an artist named Anoni-chan.

I want to FUCK that sword
also melia is best girl

Have you never been in a Xenoblade thread? Somebody post the tier list of the best characters. I know it's gameplay-wise, but still, Riki is a great team member.

No worries man. I am well used to disappointment. I live on and am fueled by resentment for this industry. If they censor or otherwise butcher Xenoblade 2, I will immediately channel that hatred into shitposting about the game in every single comment section of every single site I see speaking about it. After pirating it, of course.

It's a painless process I'm well used to.

I searched for it and found the artist but it looks like most of their shit is behind a paywall. I'll believe you that I don't want to see it

You didn't look hard enough, but it's probably for the best. Have these instead.

Wait a few days and I should have something good to show you.

Just drop it in the draw thread in case this thread dies. I'm very patient

I do not frequent the draw threads, so I will keep this thread alive by myself if necessary.

Who is she?

Green Heart.

Bong dub, and yeah, his mature tone on how things go really helps.

And of course Reyn went from "literally who" to "look at what time it is!"

Got it a bit faster than expected.

+1

Nice

Soon?

Comes out this year presumably

No, because that is a picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=P_R1QP3prb4&t

That's northern English.

I kinda got that. I was hoping for something more specific.

I don't know. It's not so strong, so probably like Sheffield or something.

Huh, I've seen people suggest Yorkshire before but it sounded off when I checked. So Sheffield is an area in Yorkshire where the accent is a bit less crazy then? I'm a Burger so wouldn't really know.

Except Xenoblade was generic discardable weebshit too, retard.

From what I gather, though I haven't traveled that part of the country so much myself.

Ah, thanks anyway. Mind answering one more thing though? I'm asking all this mostly because I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind some of the casting choices.

So from what I understand, Northern English accents are stereotypically associated with low-class, uneducated folk, but still distinctly urban, so more street urchin than redneck. That sound about right?

Depends. There's the rural North and the industrial North. The stereotype is that Northerners are more common or down to earth than Southerners though. Stupid Northern monkeys, and soft Southern poofs tends to be the cliche.

So he could be a city slicker or a country boy, but either way he sounds kinda rough a dumb.The closest American equivalent would probably be something like either a southern drawl or a Brooklynite accent. Pretty weird, but interesting casting choice for an MC when I look at it from that perspective.

I'd say that's what they were going for.

And after the predominantly if not totally southern cast of XC1 it's likely a very deliberate choice. We could probably glean a bit of Rex's personality from that alone. I wonder if he has anything similar in the Japanese version, like an Osakan accent or something.

Is that possible?

At least wait till we get more info

I'm not buying this game twofold. Censoredblade, and also it looks like it's intentionally catering to a younger audience and won't even be worth playing to begin with. I don't care anymore.

That would garner some tastylicious salt from NeoFAG

Now with twice the pussy and twice the smug!

Also, this thread needs to live until at least the direct.

X's mechanical brokenness made it great for fucking around in. You literally start off with an art that applies Topple. Overdrive makes it so that you can spam 3 of them at a time, and then it recharges in seconds. You can run up to a giant dinosaur all on your own and stunlock it to death with the butt of your rifle.

Even if I end up not getting the game because it's on the Switch I'm glade ACE are back doing the music this time. Hopefully the OST will be as good as the XBC one.

Bumping because Direct is giving new info.

I'm gonna need screens of Rex in full diver gear.

To summarize:
Lots of Lore info. Town names, faction names, the setting, and so on.

Blades can be switched to change Driver's arts, presumably enough to change playstyle. I saw Rex punching the shit out of things with a gauntlet "blade," for instance, so I imagine it has to change his playstyle at least a little. Things are looking hopeful on that end.
Blades are obtained by using "core crystals" and seem to give you a random blade upon usage. At least I couldn't figure out any sort of rhyme or reason to it, with the few clips they gave.
Loli blades confirmed. See pic related. Furry lolis also confirmed

Some arts can drop HP pots, and also fills up a special gauge, on top of all the normal shit arts do, like Topple etc etc. When the gauge is fully charged you can unleash limit breaks. Nothing special.

LE with a 220 page hardbound book, a metal case, and "sound selection" soundtrack. Also a Xenoblade themed pro controller, likely sold separately.

It was a long presentation, but there really wasn't all too much new information. Most of it was devoted to the lore segment which wasn't really all that thrilling. Thankfully, there was no sign of censorship so far.

Pretty dead thread for a game that just got an info dump.

Should I play the very first game for the playstation ir will I miss some references? I snaged xenosaga episode 1 recently. I also played xenoblade chronicles.

Xenogears, Saga and Blade are all separate things, while their will be a few small shoutouts to the previous series you don't need to play them to enjoy Blade. That said Xenogears is still definitely worth playing, even if it's incomplete.

Unfortunately, 95% of the new info wasn't stuff that sparks discussion or controversy. Can't really get much back and forth from place names, faction names, etc etc.

I am rather interested in the existence of the loli blades though. With their inclusion, we've now got mecha-lolis, furry lolis, generic dudes in suits, tigers, Homura, etc etc. Makes me wonder just how out-there they will get with the designs. We could end up seeing some pretty cool shit, which'll make the party lineup far more interesting even if the Drivers themselves are pretty much standard fare.

Because no one cares. It's going to have a shit localization and not even precious NoE will save it. Treehouse was confirmed to be fucking with the game while in dev.

Looking foward to this the most.

So none are really connected storywise, besides the obvious ones? I thought they all loosely tied into each other somehow.

Nothing more than cameos and maybe some shared icons. Unless you're one of those fags that unironically scream DEEPEST LORE at things like that.

Kinda looks like the chick from Expelled from Paradise.

Why is the empire of Titan-enslaving imperialist dickbag Scots run by a doe-eyed Shota again?

So I'm pretty sure that this art is a giant spoiler for 6 out of 7 party members. Once we find out who drives Blondie that's probably everybody.

It's the same character designer, look it up.

Heropon Riki is great! Fuck off.

Xenoblade 1 is the only good Xenoblade game. X and 2 have been localized for the worse, and the series has suffered. Hopefully that XB2 kills the series so people will remember the good days of Xenoblade Chronicles

Wouldn't mind playing Rex if he looked like that normally. More 15-17 than 11. Makes a world of difference, as he actually looks kind of cool there.

I'm not so sure about the cast though. Glasses elf doesn't strike me as a definite. He could be a blade. The only one there that I'd firmly believe is a Driver (that we don't already know of) is Eyepatch. Everyone else is either on the villainous left side, or already accounted for.

Glasses is Eyepatch Man's Blade. She looks like she has a lightbulb motif so she's probably electric elemental or something.

Also, Vandham is almost definitely a party member because they fucked up and showed his Blade leveling up in the Gamescom stream, so being on the left probably just indicates antagonists who join up later.

YES. A bit disappointing to hear about Vandham though. I was really hoping all those dudes on the left were antagonists. They have that look to them.

Still, doesn't that only account for 5? Rex/Homua, Nia/Tiger, Eyepatch/Glasses, Nopon/Mecha-loli, and Vandham/Roc. The rest of those dudes on the left have gotta be villains for sure.

All that's left is Train-chan and her Blade and Blondie. And Blondie is special so her Driver is probably a huge spoiler or something.

I want her to be the Blade of the shouta Emperor. It'd make a nice parralel with MC. It's almost certainly not the case as he seems to already have a blade, but damn would it be nice.

She's probably with Char the Masked Dude. Those guys with the masks are always the most plot important.

Switch emulator when?

Is this a gatcha system?

Yes it is.

So will there be mechs or not?

>>>/weebpol/

By the way, does Xenoblade have the same god awful combat system that Xenogears has?

This is what annoys me so fucking much about the art-style of the game. He looks like he's from XCX but he's being thrown into an alien realm full of weeby shit-balls that don't match his style at all. It can be difficult to have two different artists on one game, but this is not how you go about it. Either go full XCX/Xenosaga or generic doujin weebshit, you can't have both.

Invidia (Envy) = Uraya (urayamashii, Japanese for envious)
Superbia (Pride) = Mor Ardain (ardan, Scottish Gaelic for pride)
Acedia (Sloth) = Indoline (indolence)
Gula (Gluttony) = Gormott (gourmand, French for a gluttonous person)
Avaritia (Greed) = Argentum (silver)
Ira (Wrath) = Torna (toorn, Dutch for wrath)

What did they mean by this?

Weird Gnostic symbolism of some sort, you know how Xeno- games are

No, it has it's own uniquely horrible single player MMO combat system

If I had to guess, she and Prya are connected, as they're the only ones with that Zohar shape. If I had to guess, one might be a "fake", a "Zohar emulator" as it were. I should also note that Pyra was seen in a pod that looks suspiciously like Kakadomy (Did I spell that right? The pod where Miang/Elly were created in Xenogears.).

The worst you can say about it is the combo system is a needless addition, and even with that you can suck a dick.

Do we know if this takes place in the new world Shulk created at the end of XB1 or is it "not connected" like XCX was?
I'm thinking if it is Homura's probably Alvis' "daughter" or a new form of Shulk's Monado or something.

Will there be an option for Japanese voices? That's the dealbreaker for me; the English dub sounds like it'll be even worse than X's.

The Switch is region free, but it's never been clear to me how the Switch handles which version to show you since I don't own a Switch. I don't know if it's tied to the system like how some late 3DS games do it, or if you get to pick it at some point.

The only Xeno- games that are especially connected are Xenosaga and Xenogears, and most of the strong references are in XS3. Of course you'll have that one guy that thinks Chrono Trigger is part of the greater Xeno- series, so I don't fucking know.

What the fuck is that,a cat?

How bad are they going to butcher this in localization?

Bretty gud troll, 5/10.

Have watched any of the English footage, like at all?

Wonder what she'll wear if you unequip her clothes

It's like you haven't been paying attention to anything that's been shown and only care about lewds. She's not a playable character so much as a piece of equipment, she has no armor which you can un-equip. You're better off hoping for something from the cat girl. There's a hot spring scene with her, though, if a bit of the script in the background of the first trailer is any indication.

There's a system-level language setting, and separate country / language settings for each profile you set up. For example, I've set up a Japanese account to download exclusive stuff from that region's eShop, but this causes the eShop UI to change to Japanese since that's the profile's 'setting'.
As long as you have at least two Profiles, most Switch software prompts you to choose one just before launching. The default priority is to match in-game audio and text to the country / language setting of the current profile, but if that fails, then it tries to match it to the system setting (if different), then finally to whatever 'default' is set within the software itself.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (post-update) is a game with multi-region language options, letting you pick any combination of text language / voice dub you want. At launch, however, you were stuck with whatever language was the default wherever the game card was sold / which region's eShop it was downloaded from.

Worst-case scenario: The Japanese version could ship with only Japanese audio and text options, which would stop most people from importing it, and the Western releases could ship with only English audio and various translated subtitles.

Austraaalian isn't British user.

Kadomony, but close enough I suppose.

for a better NTR story?

The lack of Pyra images in this thread disappoints me.

Have you watched any of the English footage, like at all?

I betcha she likes trains.

after 60hs in the game, you get your first lousy mech.

C'mon its a Xeno game, if there aren't any mechs I'll eat my hat

Is the user who made this picture ever going to finish it?

By the sounds of it she is similar to kosmos in that she is an artificial lifeform that was made to be a weapon.

The newest meme seems to be shitting on Gears. The disc 2 issue I can understand but I've seen some real bullshit like that in the last year.

I understand that they are going for the whole "average guy becomes the savior" thing but would it kill Monolith to give him a little more flair? Shulk manages to target the same archetype though in reality is special much more than this yawnfest.

I think that's the point. He is an adventurer, and she is a sci-fi artificial life-form weapon thing. Hell the adventurer dude lives on his own personal titan, which is pretty bad-ass.

Amen. Shulk actually had something close to a developed and competent personality, which is all too rare in games, and especially in JRPGs.

NoJ, from the interviews I've read, pretty much doesn't care about shit outside of Japan and lets localisers do what they want. At least NoE has shown competence, unlike NoA's complete incompetence.

Pretty sure rideable animals are in, at least.

YOOOOOO
twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/911123680733806592

His design is busy as fuck, but he looks pretty cool. Never ever going to use him over any of the lolis but variety is nice.