Own a 4 year old gpu, a r9 290x

How did they fuck up this badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kc9GQV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw still rocking a 970 3.5gb

>can run GTA V at ultra at around 45-60 FPS (more obviously if I lower settings) I lock it to 30fps anyways for the sake of consistency, the same FPS target as on consoles but at a higher graphics settings

Not safe from being fucked over by ports tho

I see no reason to upgrade anything beyond my fucking monitor from here on out for the coming years as fuck all is being made that's both a good video game and hardware intensive enough to run poorly on my setup.

Thanks consoles, you're saving me money here. Imagine if AAA studios actually made good video games and didn't cater to consoles.

Post your fucking potato right now. If I don't see an actual potato powering your PC I will find you and kill you.

I only replaced my last GPU because it died.

If you PC could run Crysis back in 2007, it is still more powerfull than consoles. They are just using directx and windows and atrocious optmization as walls to hide that.

Please no, I am sorry

>Have RX 550's in cross fire or whatever the multi card shit for AMD is called

I'll be buying a PC in about 2-3 months, I'll be using PC part picker and others.
If you have MUST HAVES and other stuff, feel free to recommend it to me
1100-1400~ is my goal
Things I wanna do with it
Workstation Programs w/ Heavy Rendering
(Gimp, Photoshop, Maya 3D, Vegas, etc)
Emulation at Max settings
(Anything Nintendo, PCS3, Xenia, etc)
PC Games/Ports and Medium/High @ 100~ fps
Along with other miscellaneous trash.

Also, with two monitors.

Buy a GPU used, as miners are buying up everything AMD and inflating the prices of both brands because of jewish retailers.

Noted. What do you recommend?

A 1060 or a RX 480/580 would do well medium/high for most games at 1080p around your target FPS. It would probably be easier to find a 1060 used or even at a non-jewed price new as it hasn't been too affected by the current GPU-craze. For newer AAA stuff you might want to get a 1070 to maintain that target, assuming you beat your budget by a couple hundred though.

I'll make a PCpartspicker list for you as I have fuckall to do right now.

At least rendering shit and baking lights in mapping software works good with multiple cards

Wow. That's a very kind thing to do for an anonymous guy on the internet.
I'll be looking forward to it!

pcpartpicker.com/list/kc9GQV
$1117.87 before tax. Some of the stuff you could replace with cheaper components if you wanted, namely the motherboard and power supply.

I called the fbi have a nice day

Thank you anti bully ranger

Consoles are supposed to be easy to access for both the end user and the developer. It's supposed to be a platform that is as simple as putting in a disc and you're off to the races.

However modern consoles have completely lost this concept. Today they're little more than underpowered PCs that, rather than having the benefits of a PC, they have all the negatives. You boot up a modern consoles chances are you need to update, put in the game you need to install it, try to play the game you need to update it. Hell, you can also update the fucking controller, but at the very least that's optional. But that's just the end consumers' side of the story, the devs have it even fucking worse. Devs who want to work on the xbone or PS4 have to shell out tons of money on a platform that is completely devoid of life because no consumer wants to deal with all the bullshit of actually using the fucking thing.

Modern consoles are trying too hard to be a jack of all trades, but master of none. PCs already do what most consoles do. If you want a media center chances are most people have already had one and others just built another PC for the purpose. Want a system that can play netflix and kiketube? Many TVs and 99% smartphones already do that by default. Want to watch TV? Your cable box already accomplishes that job just fine. Bluray? Most people already have bluray players, many PCs have bluray drives anyways.

The question is - who the fuck is the xbone and PS4 trying to market itself to? Media? Smartphones, TVs, media center PCs already do this fine. Gaymers? If that's the case, then why the fuck is it so hard to even play games on these devices? Devs? The shit is too expensive with high risk and low reward, so who would want to touch this shit outside of AAA? Who in the flying fuck is the xbone and PS4 meant for? Who?

These consoles are in a identity crisis, and as a result they are failing because of it.

They marketed the xbone as an all purpose device thing (you know, the very thing the fucking pc is) and failed horribly. Now they are trying the SUPER CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY 4K RESOLUTION TITANIUM STEEL GRAPHICS FOLDED OVER 1000 TIMES. They have absolutely no grasp on what made consoles sell

When you go back to halfchan, tell them to have some pride in their animu caps.

Well, if you have horrible internet at home, it's nice to have something you can go, to your local library and use their internet to play bidya online

because the bone uses a midrange gpu from 3 years before your top end part came out.

Maybe bloodborne and nioh are that good, they look good at least. Still not worth getting a ps4 for though

Neither is for owning a LOT of vita/ps4 crossbuy games, a lesson I unfortunately learned after they discontinued crossbuy for some games.
Eat dick edmund mcmuffin, I should have rebort on ps4.

With AMD unable to compete we're already experiencing nvidia increasing prices.
Same on the CPU side, but at least ryzen made intel price match AMD for the time being.

Thanks user, some of the prices are questionable but I can deal and tweak it!